• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
My side character's done! Lemme know if there's any tweaks to make :)

Name: Asahi Miura ("Thorne")
Appearance: Asahi stands at an average height, with a lanky build, and dark green eyes. His black, medium-length hair is slightly curled and just long enough to tie back in a ponytail, but he chooses to leave it down even though it gets in his face and obscures much of it.
Personality: Asahi is fairly quiet, preferring to listen to other people's ideas and keep his opinions to himself, but opens himself up to those who are close. In the Hollow Night, his anonymity gives him more confidence, so he allows himself to smile and laugh more easily, and tends to try and ease tensions with humor. Having been bullied throughout much of his school life, however, he has trouble trusting people and typically assumes the worst about them. He values his own life above all else, and will go to any length to protect it even if the threat is a product of his own paranoia.
EXS Ability: Master of Flora: At first, he finds that he can only influence the movement of existing plants. For example, he can make a tree fall on demand, have branches reach down and hit others, or have existing vines grab people or objects. After some practice, he finds that he can cause plants to spontaneously grow, and then influence these. He can only use his ability if his skin comes into contact with the ground or plant that he's trying to control.
Costume: His is sort of a reverse costume; his shaggy hair is pulled back into a ponytail to show his full face, with only a few wisps falling free. Even so, his identity stays quite hidden considering that his hair typically covers his face in Reality and he doesn't interact much with others at school. He wears dark jeans, a short sleeve white t-shirt, and an olive green jacket made from a durable denim material.
Backstory/fun facts (if any): He likes to spend time outside rather than indoors, and has been bullied throughout school for his reclusive nature.

'Sup players? I'm pleased to announce the RP thread is now up! I'll add a link to it in the main post for ease of access.

It's the start of a new school year (The new academic year in Japan starts in April!) so for now, we can just have our characters shuffle in to the gymnasium for the whole school assembly. However else you choose to structure your posts is, as usual, completely up to you! Once we're satisfied, I'll advance the plot for us.

In addition, I've decided to alter Ren's personality quite a bit ; I noticed that the way I ended up writing him was very different to what was envisioned. I'll edit his bio if anyone's at all interested.

Other than that, feel free to post when ready! Just as one final note....

Make sure you grab those pins. Not only do they indicate what year you're in, but they'll also....

Well, just grab them, okay?

Name : Mizuko Shirogetsu
Codename: Yuki no Yūrei
(15-16 = 1st Yr student, 16-17 = 2nd Yr, 17-18 = 3rd Yr)
Appearance : Mizuko stands about 5'5" with a slim build, she has long dark hair and blue eyes, and usually wears a school uniform. There is one tattoo on the left side of her chest, it is the Kanji for the word nurse, it has meaning, her mother was a nurse for the Army who was killed in the line of duty.
Personality : Mizuko is somewhat Reserved, and shy, but harder to approach than Asuna. She can usually be seen doodling, or something or other.
EXS Ability : Curse: Depending on what happens to Mizuko, Her EXS Ability will put a dampener on other EXS abilities if someone would hit her, the overall effect of that would be almost unnoticeable, but if someone left an injury, it would affect them in a negative way. One of four effects can occur if she was injured.

1. The attacker is treated as if under their own personal thunderstorm, it would rain on them and they may face a lightning bolt, the storm wears off when the lightning bolt strikes.

2. The attacker suddenly loses 5% EXS effect, this lasts the rest of the night.

3. The attacked suddenly is twice as strong and fast for the rest of the night.

4. The Attacker is suddenly a beacon, which can attract nearby others in the Hollow Night. This effect ends at the end of the night.

If Mizuko is killed in the Hollow Night, two things happen to the one who ends her life.

1. Yuki: The Killer is encased in snow, only those that are not her killer can see this.

2. Yūrei: Mizuko's spirit haunts the killer, making them see her as if she's still alive. She can possess objects near the killer, but not on the killer, and use them to attempt to stop the killer.

Her eyes glow Gengar Purple when effects activate.
Costume : Mizuko wears a short black shirt and short black shorts under an ominous purple cloak and wears a mask similar to the Phantom of the Opera.
Backstory/fun facts (if any): Mizuko has two Congenital Heart Defects, which can cause her shortness of breath when exercising, alongside the occasional headache, she can suddenly faint if things are severe.

Super secret codes: Pineapple, Kiwi, Orange

Name : Mizuko Shirogetsu
Codename: Yuki no Yūrei
(15-16 = 1st Yr student, 16-17 = 2nd Yr, 17-18 = 3rd Yr)
Appearance : Mizuko stands about 5'5" with a slim build, she has long dark hair and blue eyes, and usually wears a school uniform. There is one tattoo on the left side of her chest, it is the Kanji for the word nurse, it has meaning, her mother was a nurse for the Army who was killed in the line of duty.
Personality : Mizuko is somewhat Reserved, and shy, but harder to approach than Asuna. She can usually be seen doodling, or something or other.
EXS Ability : Curse: Depending on what happens to Mizuko, Her EXS Ability will put a dampener on other EXS abilities if someone would hit her, the overall effect of that would be almost unnoticeable, but if someone left an injury, it would affect them in a negative way. One of four effects can occur if she was injured.

1. The attacker is treated as if under their own personal thunderstorm, it would rain on them and they may face a lightning bolt, the storm wears off when the lightning bolt strikes.

2. The attacker suddenly loses 5% EXS effect, this lasts the rest of the night.

3. The attacked suddenly is twice as strong and fast for the rest of the night.

4. The Attacker is suddenly a beacon, which can attract nearby others in the Hollow Night. This effect ends at the end of the night.

If Mizuko is killed in the Hollow Night, two things happen to the one who ends her life.

1. Yuki: The Killer is encased in snow, only those that are not her killer can see this.

2. Yūrei: Mizuko's spirit haunts the killer, making them see her as if she's still alive. She can possess objects near the killer, but not on the killer, and use them to attempt to stop the killer.

Her eyes glow Gengar Purple when effects activate.
Costume : Mizuko wears a short black shirt and short black shorts under an ominous purple cloak and wears a mask similar to the Phantom of the Opera.
Backstory/fun facts (if any): Mizuko has two Congenital Heart Defects, which can cause her shortness of breath when exercising, alongside the occasional headache, she can suddenly faint if things are severe.

Super secret codes: Pineapple, Kiwi, Orange

Accepted! Very interesting EXS ability.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Hey @RhythmThief just wondering, since it seems there hasn't yet been any discussion when it comes to who'll be making pacts with who, do you think we'd be able to set up like a convo for that or smth? Just so we can discuss it more easily, without flooding the thread.

Or possibly, if everyone has it (and if you're all up for it ofc), a discord server? Since it would probably be even easier to discuss certain things there, and it'd allow for more casual talk too.

It's all cool if you're not really down for it, just thought i'd propose the idea anyways.

Last edited:
Hey @RhythmThief just wondering, since it seems there hasn't yet been any discussion when it comes to who'll be making pacts with who, do you think we'd be able to set up like a convo for that or smth? Just so we can discuss it more easily, without flooding the thread.

Or possibly, if everyone has it (and if you're all up for it ofc), a discord server? Since it would probably be even easier to discuss certain things there, and it'd allow for more casual talk too.

It's all cool if you're not really down for it, just thought i'd propose the idea anyways.

Very good idea. Discord would work well, but for now let's use a conversation thread so everything's on one platform. I'll work on that now.

In conjunction with my last post, here are the classes for each year. Everyone in the same year will end up in the same class. Coincidence? Perhaps...

Class 1-A (where have I heard that before...?)
- Kenjiro, Inja, Shinko

Class 2-D (no explanation needed)
- Otoko, Akari, Kazemi, Ren, Taiyo, Kin, Mizuko

Class 3-C (ran out of ideas)
- Asuna, Asahi,

If I forgot anyone, you'd like your character moved up/down a year, to a separate class, or whatever tickles your fancy, don't hesitate to lmk.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
I figured it would be rather unlikely that all the OCs in the Hollow Night would all have the same homeroom class, so I made up another classroom (based off my current biology class irl haha)

If that’s not alright I can always edit ^^

EDIT: oh wait I’m clearly blind, I didn’t see Rhythm’s post haha, I’ll edit my post if it’s needed for story that the characters are in the same class XD also Inja’s a second year ehe…

EDIT TO THE EDIT: alright my edit to the edit of this now-twice edited post edit is that the now-edited post in the RP has been edited but not sure how much I should’ve edited so I didn’t edit description because that’s too much editing and I’m lazy. Didja get all that—?

Last edited:
Happy new year, players! I hope you all find whatever it is you seek in all areas of your lives.

On that note, I once again apologize for the hiatus. I had some loose ends to tie up irl, but now that I finally have some free time in my schedule, I want to continue this adventure with you all!

The last time we left off, we'd just transported everyone to the Hollow Night, and people are beginning to make Pacts.

If due to preference or character accuracy you'd like your partner to approach you first, make sure to communicate that with them. It's just like real life; unfortunately, we can't read each other's minds. If you want something to unfold a certain way, you gotta discuss it with the necessary people, so we're all on the same page. That way, the RP's a lot more fun for us all.

Other that, nothing else to report. If you have yet to post, there's no rush at all. We're all patient people. Do see if you can just update us to when you think you'll be able to post, and we'll chill.

Thanks for reading, and take care.

(P.S I'm aware some people can stop receiving notifications for threads after some time, so I'm gonna tag all of our participants as a precaution:
@RhythmThief (yes, I just tagged myself.)
@| Korutesu |
@=Nightshade=
@Gamingfan
@JayTaku
@Cmeriwether
@DragonFlye
@Havoc_The_Gandalf
@Red Gallade
@DevVoid
)

Name: Gyo (Gee-Oh) Matsubura
Codename:

Appearance: He’s got a head of messy, brown hair pushed back to keep it out of his dark amber eyes.
Fair skin, lightly peppered with faded scars.
His broad shoulders, lean, athletic frame, and tall stature made him quite the imposing young man.

Personality: Gyo is a friendly, understanding, and overall inviting young man, much to the opposite of what his appearance may suggest.
He often avoid confrontation and is capable of easily brushing off almost anything.
Some take this as a sing of cowardice, when in reality, Gyo was often lost in his own mind; too preoccupied to give negativity a chance.

EXS Ability: Assimilation. This power allows him to absorb matter, transforming his body into said matter upon doing so.
i.e. If he absorbed a log, he’d become a wood-man.
Despite this shift, he retains full maneuverability of his body even while totally transformed; allowing him to move about normally.
This is great for combat as it makes him capable of both taking in and dishing out far more damage.

While he does retain his flexibility, heavier materials can still slow him down due to the added weight.
What’s more, assimilation relies on equivalent exchange, meaning he has to have material equivalent to his own mass if he wishes to fully transform. Otherwise, he might only partially cloak his body in whatever material he needs.

As a bonus, if his body is damaged while transformed, he’s able to absorb more of whatever material he’s transformed with in order to regenerate.

Costume: Unlike those around him, Gyo’s outfit was… of lower quality. He was simply adorned in tattered, sleeveless white shirt and tattered dark brown pants.
His shirt is bound closed with a thin piece of rope that also assists in holding up his oversized bottoms.

Backstory: Gyo had always been an active and outgoing young man. In his younger years, he had a habit of getting into petty competitions with his friends. Wether it be a foot race, a blinking competition, or a straight up brawl, the shaggy haired young man was down for it all.
This intensity didn’t go unnoticed by his parents, and rather than ignoring this until he potentially became a problem-child, they decided to find a way to focus his energy through sports.

By the end of his 1st year, Gyo had already managed to make a name for himself on the basketball team thanks to his uncanny ability to slam right past any defense the opposing team put up.
Unfortunately, early into the season of his 2nd year, Gyo suffered a severe injury to his right leg, permanently limiting the mobility in that legs foot. This, by extension, took the young man out of the game for the feast of the season, and likely would hinder his capabilities in any later games.

After finishing his recovery, the could-have-been basketball star found himself exceedingly surprised by how well he was handling everything. In the end, his parents were right- a competitive outlet sure had done him a world of good. He appreciated every moment he had been able to participate.

All he could do now was move forward with his life and seek out his next great adventure.

Super secret codes: Dont like pineapple. Kinda enjoy oranges. Love kiwis.

Hello again, players! Just another quick update from yours truly.

Having read over the posts, the current pairs seem to be in position to pact:

Inja & Asuna
Kazemi & Kin
Ren & Mizuko
Taiyo & Akari

This leaves just these:

Shinko & Asahi
Kenjiro & Otoko

Feel free to correct me on any I got wrong.

@Gamingfan , @DragonFlye , and @Havoc_The_Gandalf , how are you guys?

(P.S. if you're wondering about Gyo, Nillion's oc, we've got it decided. More on that later!)

(To any mods reading this, apologies for the double post!)

Howdy, players.

I'm aware that we haven't progressed the RP in a hot sec due to some people being inactive, which is fine. Life happens, right?

That said, I know a lot of us really enjoy this idea and would like to see it through, at least a little bit more. Which is why I wanted to write to you all discussing what our next options could be. The way I see it, we could either:

1. Put the RP on hiatus
2. Phase out the current inactive chars, and re-do pacts (or even change the whole dang system!)

As always, if you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to let the rest of us know. This is as much YOURS as it is mine.

(I'll also try one last time to ping people for any updates:
@Gamingfan , @DragonFlye , and @Havoc_The_Gandalf, you good?)

Name: Daisuke Takahashi

CodeName: Akuma

Apperance: Daisuke is 5’7 in height with white skin and dark bags under his eyes, he has short grey messy hair and grey eyes and a slightly toned body and normally wears a jacket or hoodie over whatever he’s wearing.

Personality: Daisuke is socially awkward and shakes when he’s nervous. Whenever he tries to talk to girls he’ll stutter on his words And get embarrassed and walk away feeling stupid. He is extremely self-conscious about the bags under his eyes because he used to be teased and bullied for it a lot. The code is Strawberry, The things that makes him happy is playing video games, board games and listening to music.

EXS Ability: Devil’s Act: Daisuke’s EXS ability allows him to coat his hands and feet in black steel and his pupils slit and turn red. This increases his speed, strength, perception, vitality and stamina, it also allows him to adapt to certain situations, the code is banana, but more importantly he can control darkness and use it as a weapon a minor change is that his teeth become sharper.

He has a second stage called Akuma Kotei. The black steel moves from his arms to his shoulders and the black steel from his legs moves up to his waist his eyes are still slit and red but he gains shading around the inner and outer edges of his eyes and now there are two rings of smoke around his arms he also grows in height and become 6’0 in height. All his attributes that were increased before get a stronger boost to them.

Costume: In Hollow Knight Daisuke wears a unzipped black leather jacket with gold buttons on it and a red t shirt with a white explanation point on it. He wears a face black mask, the code is orange Mango, goggles, fingerless gloves, black boots two small black balls on his shoulder.

Fun Facts: He loves drinking milk.

Super secret codes: Kiwi, Orange and Pineapple.
@RhythmThief

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Daisuke Takahashi

CodeName: Akuma

Apperance: Daisuke is 5’7 in height with white skin and dark bags under his eyes, he has short grey messy hair and grey eyes and a slightly toned body and normally wears a jacket or hoodie over whatever he’s wearing.

Personality: Daisuke is socially awkward and shakes when he’s nervous. Whenever he tries to talk to girls he’ll stutter on his words And get embarrassed and walk away feeling stupid. He is extremely self-conscious about the bags under his eyes because he used to be teased and bullied for it a lot. The things that makes him happy is playing video games, board games and listening to music.

EXS Ability: Devil’s Act: Daisuke’s EXS ability allows him to coat his hands and feet in black steel and his pupils slit and turn red. This increases his speed, strength, perception, vitality and stamina, it also allows him to adapt to certain situations, but more importantly he can control darkness and use it as a weapon a minor change is that his teeth become sharper.

He has a second stage called Akuma Kotei. The black steel moves from his arms to his shoulders and the black steel from his legs moves up to his waist his eyes are still slit and red but he gains shading around the inner and outer edges of his eyes and now there are two rings of smoke around his arms he also grows in height and become 6’0 in height. All his attributes that were increased before get a stronger boost to them.

Costume: In Hollow Knight Daisuke wears a unzipped black leather jacket with gold buttons on it and a red t shirt with a white explanation point on it. He wears a face black mask, goggles, fingerless gloves, black boots two small black balls on his shoulder.

Fun Facts: He loves drinking milk.
@RhythmThief

Looking good! Got two small questions for you.

1. Are there any limitations/drawbacks to Devil's Act? ( Can he only use it for a set period of time before a cool down? Does prolonged use negatively impact him? etc.)

2. Will he be able to use Akuma Kotei from the get-go? Or will he unlock it as the story progresses?

On a separate note, I think you're missing some...fruity keywords. Try reading over the first post in the thread again.

Who knows what you'll find....?

Okay, let me explain real quick.

1. Devils Act will increasing a lot of his abilities he does have drawback, getting headaches the more he uses it. The only way to combat this is to turn Devils act off and on like switch to conserve that energy and to not get those headaches, Another Drawback is if he uses his darkness abilities to much he’ll start to throw up and feel sick for a while.

2. Akuma Kotei will make an appearance later on in the story.
Side note: Akuma Kotei Translates to Devil Emperor.
@RhythmThief

Last edited by a moderator: