• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed GLA Discussion

That's okay, thank you!

Btw everyone the teachers and staff have been added to the first post of the discussion. Your characters will take those classes in that order and the last two hours are for a school club of your choice, so if you want to make one with someone else or make your own it's okay, I'm giving you guys that liberty.
If you need any teacher or staff let me know :)

Math? That's sooo middle school. You're in a school to learn to be GYM leaders, not engineers.
The teacher that teaches battle handles everything in general.
Yes grooming, caring and even training is involved in breeding.
The students can leave campus, you should be able to find mud along the rivers.
Growing trees will be part of Contest because berries are important for blocks.

Here is an idea for a Rock type gym leader.
Full Name: Ben Ryder
Age (13-15): 14
Type and House: Rock (Entei)
Appearance: Ben wears a casual t-shirt that is white with brown stripes on it. He wears jeans. He has red hair and he wears tennis shoes. He also has black square rimmed glasses.
Personality: Ben likes to test moves against rocks. Mainly Rock type moves.
Background: Ben was born in a family that owns Rock types. He’s always loved rock type Pokémon ever since he was little. He wants to be the strongest rock type gym leader there ever was.
Pokemon: Larvitar (Male), Tyrunt (Male), and Aron (Female)
Other: Quilava is the best.

Hey there, I saw this, and it looked fun, so I guess I'll try it out!

Full Name: Adriana Gonzalez
Type and House: Entei & Normal
Appearance: Adriana stands at a moderately tall 5'6 ft, and wears a grey sweater. She has round circle glasses and dark brown curly hair.
Personality: Adrianna is a cheerful young lad, who enjoys going up to anyone and everyone for a nice chit chat. She hasn't gotten the best grip on battling, but she isn't what you'd call a beginner. Adrianna isn't here to be the best, or even become a better battler, she just wants to make good friends and learn how to be a responsible gym leader.
Background: In her home town, the gym recently closed due to it's previous leader mysteriously disappearing one day. Since then, visitors to Adrianna's town became less and less, so the town had a vote on who would make the best leader. And, thanks to her relationships with everyone and strong support from her family, the town decided she should come to this academy to become their next leader.
Pokemon: Buneary (ace), Mincinno, and Aipom.
Other: Quilava is best
Hopefully I haven't shown up too late, and if I have... then maybe I can be that weird foreign exchange student that shows up mid-year.

Well, I guess fighting is the only option then. Btw, Quilava is the best.

Full Name: Nathaniel Hunter (Usually goes by his last name.)
Type and House: Fighting, Entei.
Appearance: Hunter has long, black hair and dark brown eyes. He is 175 centimeters tall (5'9) and weighs about 50 kilograms (110 pounds.) His skin is white and when he's not wearing his school uniform he almost always wears either a black T-shirt or a black Tank Top, black jeans or sweatpants together with black sneakers (yes, if you didn't notice he loves to wear black.) Hunter is pretty muscular, and his hair is curly. (Not very curly, just a little.)
Personality: Hunter is usually nice to his friends, but it's his pride that takes him down. He will never admit that he's wrong, and he thinks that he's stronger than he actually is (both physically and as a trainer, the physical part leading to many injuries.) Despite that, he is a clever student that learns and memorizes new things very easily.
Background: Nathaniel Hunter was born in Oreburgh City, Sinnoh. When he was just five years old, his older brother gave him a Chimchar as a gift. Not long after that his family moved to Celadon City, Kanto. Hunter loved fighting ever since he was a young child, and when he was ten years old Bruno of the Elite Four took him in as his student. Now, five years later, Hunter is an excellent fighter and trainer, and his goal is to beat Bruno in a battle.
Pokemon: Monferno (Male,) Riolu, (Female,) Kirlia (Male,)

AlolanOreo

Previously pocky ✨
Full Name: Jade Silvercombe
Age (13-15): 13
Type and House: Psychic, Suicune
Appearance: She has light brown, longish hair and fair skin, wears a pink sort of bowler hat, and has brown eyes. Wears a black sleeveless shirt, sort of like a tank top but with wider straps. The shirt is tucked in to pinkish-reddish shorts that reaches down to around her knees, maybe a half centimeter higher. She also wears black socks, and black high-top sneakers. (This is the appearance I chose for her in her trainercard, it's on my profile, but I changed the skirt to shorts.) (Sorry that this is really late, but I have an addition to make: if there's a uniform, she does wear that, but when she's not in school, the outfit I've just described is what she wears, and if there is a uniform, then the one thing that she retains from her usual outfit while wearing the uniform is her hat)
Personality: Sometimes quiet, but enjoys making friends. Usually, she'll talk to people if they seem friendly, but she has a pretty quick temper. Fortunately, her Pokémon help her to control it.
Background: Jade lived a rather ordinary life; her family wasn't too rich or too poor. In fact, it was such an ordinary life that at one point, she got so bored she decided to go on a journey, but then she got an offer for the Gym Leader Academy. Both she and her parents agreed that this may be better than going on a journey, since Jade had never had many friends and this would be partly a chance to make lots of new friends, and it would also teach Jade a lot about Pokémon.
Pokémon:
Hatenna (female)
Ralts (male)

Before I post this: I got permission from the RP owner to submit a character, and one last thing: Quilava is the best (I do genuinely like Quilava)! Please tell me if there's anything I missed!

Last edited: