• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Highschool Rivalry! Magic and Superpowers!

Name (First and Last): Skylar Cosmos

Appearance: Blonde hair which she likes to fashion in a slightly messy plat over her shoulder, along with a small flower in her hair. She likes to wear a pink stripy crop top with another transparent one over the top. She wears denim shorts and sneakers.

School: Ilvermorny

Magicpowers: Teleportation, Telepathy and snapping the world
Magic level: Biju

Personality: Skylar is a kind girl who likes to think of others and is very trusting, meaning she's a pretty easy target to trick. She doesn't mind a little laugh using her powers to have a harmless joke with people, and she can get a strong connection to others.

Vampire (Ilvermorny): She's a human, but maybe someeeee day!
Werewolf (institute): /

Relationship: James Dracula ;)

Other: MJAOW :) and also *thanos snaps the world*

Last edited:
So... I have two questions.

Are the 'magic' and 'superpowers' the same thing but differently named or are they completely different things?

And is Ilvermony the one from the Harry Potter series?

Nothing much, just wondering what the limits to magic and superpowers are. I know the difference is that one's mental and the other's physical, but I'm wondering if there's more to it; Such as do the superpowers behave like body mutations whilst the magic behaves by tapping into the elements of the world?

Nothing much, just wondering what the limits to magic and superpowers are. I know the difference is that one's mental and the other's physical, but I'm wondering if there's more to it; Such as do the superpowers behave like body mutations whilst the magic behaves by tapping into the elements of the world?
I'm gonna have to talk with @Joelkjn about that. He's a little busy right now but we'll have an answer soon

I talked with him and i said before, you can think of the magic as the chakra in Naruto. Which means that you can control the elements if you have one type of magic that can control that type of element. Like teleportation is basically that you control space. And darkness magic is that you can control shadows (you can strangle someone with their shadow for example). But you can't exhaust your magic. You do get mentally exhausted however

Name (First and Last): Tel Santiago
Race: Human
Appearance: Short and skinny. He is never thought of as athletic but is relatively fit. He has brown eyes and hair and pale skin.
Magic powers: Spacial Warp (He would basically be capable of what doctor strange can do if he was at full power, but he hasn’t fully mastered his abilities and is not nearly that strong).
Magic level: Kolme
Personality: He is antisocial and purposely avoids speaking to others. He is pretty smart, but he believes he is only hindered by others, not helped. He works better alone. When forced to work with someone, he will usually be very cold back to them no matter what they are like to him. Due to this, he has an absence of friends.
Backstory (optional): He is pretty much a normal person who happened to have magical powers.
Relationship: Obviously due to his personality, none. It is unlikely he will get a crush on anyone during the RP, but possible.

Last edited:

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Name (First and Last): Michael Ocean
Appearance: Short brown hair and light blue eyes. He is 5'9" feets tall. When he is not in school, he wears blue shirt and grey pants. He haven't decided about his costume yet.
School: Institute
Superpowers: He can spit water out of his mouth (something like Hydro Pump)
Personality: Usually friendly, smart, brave, but lazy, really really lazy.
Werewolf: Nah, he ain't gonna be werewolf
Backstory (optional): Michael doesn't know much about himself. One day he woke up in lake in middle of forest and that is all he knew. Except his name and last name. He started living there. Soon after that, Michael discovered his power, but had no idea how to use it. One day completely random old man showed up and told him about Institute of Powers. He went there and they said that he will be taught everything he want to know. That happend when Michael was 13. Next two years he spent on Institute of Powers.
Relationship: /
Other: /

MJAOW :)

Last edited:
Appearance: Short and skinny. He is never thought of as athletic but is relatively fit. He has brown eyes and hair and pale skin.
Magic powers: Spacial Warp (He would basically be capable of what doctor strange can do if he was at full power, but he hasn’t fully mastered his abilities and is not nearly that strong).
Personality: He is antisocial and purposely avoids speaking to others. He is pretty smart, but he believes he is only hindered by others, not helped. He works better alone. When forced to work with someone, he will usually be very cold back to them no matter what they are like to him. Due to this, he has an absence of friends.
Backstory (optional): He is pretty much a normal person who happened to have magical powers.
Relationship: Obviously due to his personality, none. It is unlikely he will get a crush on anyone during the RP, but possible.
Yay! Welcome! :D

You forgot something from the rules. And you need to say if you're gonna be a magical creature. Werewolf and vampire are two options but you could also be an elf or something. Your choice. But you need to say whether you'll be human or a magical creature.
Name (First and Last): Michael Ocean
Appearance: Short brown hair and light blue eyes. He is 5'9" feets tall. When he is not in school, he wears blue shirt and grey pants. He haven't decided about his costume yet.
School: Institute
Superpowers: He can spit water out of his mouth (something like Hydro Pump)
Personality: Usually friendly, smart, brave, but lazy, really really lazy.
Backstory (optional): Michael doesn't know much about himself. One day he woke up in lake in middle of forest and that is all he knew. Except his name and last name. He started living there. Soon after that, Michael discovered his power, but had no idea how to use it. One day completely random old man showed up and told him about Institute of Powers. He went there and they said that he will be taught everything he want to know. That happend when Michael was 13. Next two years he spent on Institute of Powers.
Relationship: /
Other: /

MJAOW :)
You also need to say whether or not you're gonna be a vampire or werewolf. Otherwise, accepted.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name:
Lorenzo Slade
Appearance:
Tall, lean yet muscular, white hair and goatee, one green eye and one black eye.
School:
Ilvermorny School of Magic and Creatures
Magicpowers:
The ability to jump through space, like teleporting but quicker and perfect accuracy.
Magic level:
Novum
Personality:
Loyal, determined, kind and loves to sing. He likes making friends but he becomes slightly awkward around crushes. One noticeable change would be with his singing, he will happily sing in front of everyone, but becomes quiet and choked when those he likes.
Vampire (Ilvermorny):
Yes
Relationship:
None..yet
Other:
He channels his raw magic through two metallic orbs that he carries everywhere. MJAOW.

Last edited:
Name: Lorenzo Slade
Appearance: Tall, lean yet muscular, white hair and goatee, one green eye and one black eye. He wears an all black suit, a tight fitting black shirt with the top 3 buttons undone, black loafers and a black fedora.
School: Ilvermorny School of Magic and Creatures
Magicpowers: The ability to jump through space, like teleporting but quicker and perfect accuracy.
Magic level: Novum
Personality:
Lorenzo is pretty laid back, but his has a pretty bad temper. He speaks pretty formal and is rather old fashion (I mean you'd be old fashioned to if you'd been born 300 years ago), he has been know to be loyal to stronger people and loves a good fight. He can also be rather sexist and misogynistic, this is because back when he was alive originally, that was how everyone was.
Vampire (Ilvermorny): Yes
Relationship: None..yet
Other: He channels his raw magic through two metallic orbs that he carries everywhere.
I think you need to take another look at the rules. For one thing, the age alone doesn't work. If you're 300 years old, you're gonna look like 25 years. Other than that, max age is like 50 years old. Were you planning to be a teacher? You can't be the principal because we have that figured out.

And you can have two powers you know

Sorry that we didn't include this earlier

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Name: Zynthos Or'grnei

Appearance: Common Gargoyle looks, with a more human-like head, ram horns, bat ears and two rows of hooked, sharp teeth resembling those of an angler fish. His skin is midnight-black, and his eyes are like glowing pearls set into empty sockets, having no pupils, no iris, and only changing in colour with his moods (Which happens rarely). He has somewhat huge dragon wings, and his hand has claw-like fingers. His overall body looks less muscular, and more starved. His hair is long, messy, overall white with a black batch of hair covering the left eye.

(Edit: Completely forgot about the fact that clothing is pre-set. Removed that.)

Magic powers: Stone Mimicry, Evil Eye. (Not as severe or lethal yet. Petrification isn't perma.)

Personality: Apathetic and Quiet, Zynthos (called Z for short), is the kid in class who always sits in the far off-corner just to avoid people, and talks little to anyone. Though, he does show a disturbing interest in learning fighting and controlling his magic powers, and tends to creep others out with slightly-too-dark jokes and tending to say things that make others question his sanity.

Backstory (optional): Haven't one idea for one, probably gonna reveal it in rp or put one here later.

Species: Gargoyle-Demon Hybrid

Relationship: Not currently. If someone's willing to take this thing, feel free to.

Other: MJAOW

Last edited:
Name: Zynthos Or'grnei

Appearance: Common Gargoyle looks, with a more human-like head, ram horns, bat ears and two rows of hooked, sharp teeth resembling those of an angler fish. His skin is midnight-black, and his eyes are like glowing pearls set into empty sockets, having no pupils, no iris, and only changing in colour with his moods (Which happens rarely). He has somewhat huge dragon wings, and his hand has claw-like fingers. His overall body looks less muscular, and more starved. His hair is long, messy, overall white with a black batch of hair covering the left eye.

(Edit: Completely forgot about the fact that clothing is pre-set. Removed that.)

Magic powers: Dark Arts, Petrification

Superpowers: Gargoyle-, Demon Physiology (Physical Demon Category)

Personality: Apathetic and Quiet, Zynthos (called Z for short), is the kid in class who always sits in the far off-corner just to avoid people, and talks little to anyone. Though, he does show a disturbing interest in learning fighting and controlling his magic powers, and tends to creep others out with slightly-too-dark jokes and tending to say things that make others question his sanity.

Backstory (optional): Haven't one idea for one, probably gonna reveal it in rp or put one here later.

Species: Gargoyle-Demon Hybrid

Relationship: Not currently. If someone's willing to take this thing, feel free to.

Other: MJAOW
You can only have two powers of either magic or superpowers, just to save bunny and joel from saying this :3

DevVoid

Oh, it does give superpowers. For an explanation, I've provided a link to the superpower wiki in the Physiology parts. For the demon physiology, the physical demon category on the wiki page refers to that.

Sorry but you can't really have both superpowers and magic. You can get physically stronger in that form, sure, but nothing that gives you a 'power'. You can either choose to go to Ilvermorny and learn demon magic or you can go to the Institute but then you won't have magic

DevVoid

Suppose I'll be deleting my Superpower Category and add Petrification back to magic powers to take Ilvermorny, then. Will that suffice?

DevVoid

Petrification was supposed to be a temporary effect of what Medusa can do if someone looks into her eyes. Not as severe, but something that can paralyze you. I'm thinking Eye Powers, and Petrification seems fitting to a Gargoyle.

I guess I'll join, since I got tagged in it.

Name: Liam McDaniel.
Appearance: 152.4 cm tall. He has messy blond hair and emerald green eyes. he wears a black t-shirt with a white stripe around the middle, grey jeans, and black tennis shoes. However, sometimes he will get his wolf ears and tail out if he gets startled, since he can't control his werewolf power quite yet.
School: Institute of Superpowers.
Magic Powers: /
Magic Level: /
Superpower: He can turn into a wolf, and gains a great speed boost during that time.
Personality: Can be somewhat shy and easy to scare, but becomes more energetic and trusting after time.
Relationships: None (yet)
Other: MJAOW :)

Let me know if I gotta change something.

I guess I'll join, since I got tagged in it.

Name: Liam McDaniel.
Appearance: 152.4 cm tall. He has messy blond hair and emerald green eyes. he wears a black t-shirt with a white stripe around the middle, grey jeans, and black tennis shoes. However, sometimes he will get his wolf ears and tail out if he gets startled, since he can't control his werewolf power quite yet.
School: Institute of Superpowers.
Magic Powers: /
Magic Level: /
Superpower: He can turn into a wolf, and gains a great speed boost during that time.
Personality: Can be somewhat shy and easy to scare, but becomes more energetic and trusting after time.
Relationships: None (yet)
Other: MJAOW :)

Let me know if I gotta change something.
Sooooo a werewolf? In @Joelkjn's first post we said that werewolves and vampires go to different schools because of the rivalry between the species. All you needed to say was that you're a werewolf xD

nd that about the speedboost is pretty obvious so you can have another power if you want. I have a strength boost for example