• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I Made a Fan Region!!! Now what?

Sometimes I use all those fan types when making a fake pokemon. Y'know, like light or sound.
What do you think about those types? Do you think their good ideas?
Personally, I don't see why Pokémon would not introduce a new type (unless, of course, to save sanity). The problem with fan types is that you have to go back and re-type all the Pokémon and moves that can be related to that type as well as make new Pokémon. Given that the current Pokémon count is over 1000, that is a tall order.

That said, I always thought Light would be a good contrast to Dark-type. However, I don't think a lot of people who use the fan types bother to create a power balance structure. You'd need to give fan types strengths and weaknesses and also account for their dual typings. Sound-type sounds a little boring to me, but there are plenty of Pokémon around the theme of sound. Like I said, I don't think they are bad ideas as long as a person gives us a rough idea of what they are "super effective" vs "not very effective against".

I choose to stay away from them just so I don't have to create 1 million Eevee Evolutions.

If I were to use the Light typing or another fan-made typing, this fakemon would be my first candidate:

#29 Daenite (Dark-Flying Type) “The Fury Pokémon”
  1. Night Form: a black hominid with spiky ethereal hair resembling a black flame. Its large leather wings are reminiscent of a bat or dragon. It likes to carry a spear and has red eyes. {Note: the shiny version is white instead of black.}
    1. Pokédex Entry: In ancient times, this Pokémon was thought to punish wrong doings. Children were warned from straying at night lest the Daenites carried them off. / All Daenites are born as twins, one dark and one light. These twins share a life long bond.
  2. Day Form: a white hominid with angelic wings. It gives off a golden aura and likes to carry a sword. {Note: the shiny version is black instead of white.}
    1. Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon embodies justice, hope, and light. It defends the weak but, like its Night Form counter part, will smite the cruel and unrighteous. / Daenites hatch as twins, one dark and one light. These twins fight and train together as one.
  3. Signature Move: Justice Strike = Pokémon raises their weapon in the air and strikes the target. This attack deals critical damage.
  4. Ability: Levitate or Trace
  5. Held Item: Daenite’s Sash = an extremely rare item crafted by Daenite’s, similar Focus Sash. It can be used multiple times, unlike a regular Focus Sash which can only be used once before it disintegrates.

Right. I never really think about it when making Pokemon, only LATER when I make something like a starter trio or something.
Baatyre (Grass) "The Tiny Horns Pokemon"
An anthropomorphic goat with a fur coat similar to a dress (no sleeves) that goes down to the...knees? It's fur is a chestnut brown and it's horns are small, curving slightly upward without a real point.
They live deep in the woods in small groups. They detest pollution and won't live within 5 miles of it.
Pretyre (Grass) "The Pure Pokemon"
Taller than it's previous evolution, the dress it wears is slightly more intricate, and reaches all the way to the floor. the horns are bigger and yet still do not have a definite point.
Using the soft glow that comes from their hooves, they speed and foster the growth of plants around them.
Entyre (Grass/Light) "The Pan Diva Pokemon"
The final evolution, it's horns are long and curve up toward the sky. The horns emit a soft light, and it's dress now has a trail and more ruffles. Looks like a haughty Victorian era queen.
Though haughty, this Pokemon genuinely cares for all life and will sacrifice it's life for the smallest sprout. They leave beautiful flowers in their wake that will never wilt.
Unique Move: Life Light (Light, 70 BP, 10 PP)
Absorb light, then unleash a high velocity beam that will deal double the damage in harsh sunlight.
Unlike Solar Beam, this move will take two turns to charge even in harsh sunlight.

Right. I never really think about it when making Pokemon, only LATER when I make something like a starter trio or something.
Baatyre (Grass) "The Tiny Horns Pokemon"
An anthropomorphic goat with a fur coat similar to a dress (no sleeves) that goes down to the...knees? It's fur is a chestnut brown and it's horns are small, curving slightly upward without a real point.
They live deep in the woods in small groups. They detest pollution and won't live within 5 miles of it.
Pretyre (Grass) "The Pure Pokemon"
Taller than it's previous evolution, the dress it wears is slightly more intricate, and reaches all the way to the floor. the horns are bigger and yet still do not have a definite point.
Using the soft glow that comes from their hooves, they speed and foster the growth of plants around them.
Entyre (Grass/Light) "The Pan Diva Pokemon"
The final evolution, it's horns are long and curve up toward the sky. The horns emit a soft light, and it's dress now has a trail and more ruffles. Looks like a haughty Victorian era queen.
Though haughty, this Pokemon genuinely cares for all life and will sacrifice it's life for the smallest sprout. They leave beautiful flowers in their wake that will never wilt.
Unique Move: Life Light (Light, 70 BP, 10 PP)
Absorb light, then unleash a high velocity beam that will deal double the damage in harsh sunlight.
Unlike Solar Beam, this move will take two turns to charge even in harsh sunlight.
I like it. I actually have a goat-man Pokémon myself, albeit Fairy-Fire-type. It could be this one's cousin.

Faunburn—>Capricone (Fire-Fairy Type) “The Pipe Goat Pokémon”
  1. Faunburn: A bipedal baby goat with red, pink, and orange fur. Its horns are barely nubs on the top of its head. It likes to sing and seems to prefer the company of female trainers.
  2. Capricone: A large bipedal bearded mountain goat with curved ram-like horns. It is known for having a rustic call and a taste for grape beverages.
  3. Signature Moves: Pipe Dream (a sound based move, gains a power boost if the target is asleep) & Ram Slam (???, Physical Power 70, ???)
  4. Held Item: Rustic Pan Flute = Doubles the power of sound based moves.

I like your Pokémon's theme though. I take it you have a soft spot for Grass-types?

I like your Pokémon's theme though. I take it you have a soft spot for Grass-types?
Actually, I don't like grass types because most of their designs are boring.
My favorite type is fire, and I only got inspired to make this one because my friend LOVES Percy Jackson and Greek myth. His favorite is the Satyr, so I made it for him. Also because I wanted to make an interesting grass type.
My favorite type is grass pure opposite, actually. Fire. I have a starter based off those dragons that hold those orbs that counterparts Entyre
Trazzle (Fire) "The Drag Pokemon"
A tiny snake Pokemon that is red and gold. That's it.
Though small and unassuming, this Pokemon is capable of sucking all positive emotions from a person.
Traphle (Fire/Dark) "The Depress Pokemon"
A floating, dragon-ish entity clutching a small blue orb. A pair of horns peek out of it's ruby red hide.
The orb it holds causes great discomfort when it comes into contact with skin. It likes to watch others squirm while it holds the orb to their skin.
Tragemity (Fire/Dark) "The Snidewinder Pokemon"
A red, floating dragon straddling an orb bigger than it's body. It's horns are a pure black.
The gem it carefully guards invokes the nightmares of whomever touches it. The Pokemon forces it onto someone, then consumes it's victim's screams
Unique move: Raze (Dark, 45 BP, 10 PP, 75 Accuracy)
Consume all other Pokemon in terrible fire that burns those hit and traps them in a fiery vortex for 5 turns.

Actually, I don't like grass types because most of their designs are boring.
My favorite type is fire, and I only got inspired to make this one because my friend LOVES Percy Jackson and Greek myth. His favorite is the Satyr, so I made it for him. Also because I wanted to make an interesting grass type.
My favorite type is grass pure opposite, actually. Fire. I have a starter based off those dragons that hold those orbs that counterparts Entyre
Trazzle (Fire) "The Drag Pokemon"
A tiny snake Pokemon that is red and gold. That's it.
Though small and unassuming, this Pokemon is capable of sucking all positive emotions from a person.
Traphle (Fire/Dark) "The Depress Pokemon"
A floating, dragon-ish entity clutching a small blue orb. A pair of horns peek out of it's ruby red hide.
The orb it holds causes great discomfort when it comes into contact with skin. It likes to watch others squirm while it holds the orb to their skin.
Tragemity (Fire/Dark) "The Snidewinder Pokemon"
A red, floating dragon straddling an orb bigger than it's body. It's horns are a pure black.
The gem it carefully guards invokes the nightmares of whomever touches it. The Pokemon forces it onto someone, then consumes it's victim's screams
Unique move: Raze (Dark, 45 BP, 10 PP, 75 Accuracy)
Consume all other Pokemon in terrible fire that burns those hit and traps them in a fiery vortex for 5 turns.
That's fair. I feel like Grass-type starters are at a bit of a disadvantage most of the time because most people keep flying or fire type Pokémon due to their versatility. I also think Fire type is awesome, but it's hard for me to pick a favorite type. As a kid, I gravitated towards water starters but I thought Psychic types were the best. I'm still a big fan of Mew and the Eon Duo, so I guess I still prefer Psychic types. I like pretty much all types really. I think it's sweet that you made a Pokémon for your friend.

I think your fire dragon is interesting. Pokémon probably won't do another fire dragon starter but I love your design all the same.

That's fair. I feel like Grass-type starters are at a bit of a disadvantage most of the time because most people keep flying or fire type Pokémon due to their versatility. I also think Fire type is awesome, but it's hard for me to pick a favorite type. As a kid, I gravitated towards water starters but I thought Psychic types were the best. I'm still a big fan of Mew and the Eon Duo, so I guess I still prefer Psychic types. I like pretty much all types really. I think it's sweet that you made a Pokémon for your friend.

I think your fire dragon is interesting. Pokémon probably won't do another fire dragon starter but I love your design all the same
Well, what are friends for?
Psychic is a rather interesting type. So many fun concepts can be done with it, but what do we get?
A guy with thick thighs, a female simp, and a stoned monkey with a fan.
Not that I have anything against Medicham, Gardevoir, and Oranguru.
But y'know. All pokemon sound bad when you put it the way I do.

Well, what are friends for?
Psychic is a rather interesting type. So many fun concepts can be done with it, but what do we get?
A guy with thick thighs, a female simp, and a stoned monkey with a fan.
Not that I have anything against Medicham, Gardevoir, and Oranguru.
But y'know. All pokemon sound bad when you put it the way I do
Won't reply any more till wednesday. Taking a vacay.

Update!

I'm trying to think of the perfect Eeveelution names for my fan made Eeveelutions. If anyone is reading this, I would appreciate your help with the vote. The current choices are...

Poison Type - Toxiceon, Miasmeon, or Contageon?
Steel Type - Metaleon or Battaleon?
Bug Type - Insecteon, Cicadeon, or Apideon?

Last edited:
@Blotch'd I have a question for when you return.

In addition to Puggle, I have two other Water Type starters: Dripurr→Whirlpuss→Tygale "The Storm Tiger Pokémon" Dribbon→Dunkape→Kongsoon "The Monsoon Ape Pokémon". I want to give them a secondary typing, but I'm not what makes since. Originally I gave Tygale the Flying typing due to its name, but now I'm thinking Dark Type may be better. My reasoning, every feline starter to date has Dark as its secondary typing. Incineroar: Fire/Dark. Meowscarada: Grass/Dark. So it would stand to reason Water/Dark would make since.

However, I gave Water/Dark to Kongsoon and I don't want them both to have the same typing. If I gave Tygale Water/Dark Type which would suit Kongsoon better Water/Flying or Water/Fighting? I suppose one of them could be Water/Electric, you know because of Thunder Storms, but that typing does not appear to be popular.

Of course, if you have other ideas I'd love to hear them. In the meantime, here's the description of the evolutionary stages for each Pokémon. Maybe you can find something in their designs that I couldn't, something that would allude more towards their typing.

The Water Tiger Starter
  1. Dripurr: A blue kitten with a white underbelly and stripes. Has somewhat shaggy fur. It is the Water starter of Coronet City.
  2. Whirlpuss: A blue and white bobcat-like Pokémon with a sharp temper.
  3. Tygale: A blue and white tiger Pokémon with white cloud-like tufts of fur on its elbows, around its neck, and on the tip of its tail.

The Water Primate Starter
  1. Dribbon: A baby baboon with blue fur. The fur on the top of its head is darker than the rest of its body. This is the Water starter of Crest Island.
  2. Dunkape: A monkey Pokémon with a dark blue mane and tail, a light blue face and belly, and a white cloud collar. This Pokémon is capable of manifesting clouds.
  3. Kongsoon: A large blue mandrill-like Pokémon with red and light blue facial markings, a white beard, and a yellow head band around its forehead. It rides atop a large cloud that it conjures out of thin air.

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Update!

I'm trying to think of the perfect Eeveelution names for my fan made Eeveelutions. If anyone is reading this, I would appreciate your help with the vote. The current choices are...

Poison Type - Toxiceon, Miasmeon, or Contageon?
Steel Type - Metaleon or Battaleon?
Bug Type - Insecteon, Cicadeon, or Apideon?
Miasmeon sounds cool~
Not sure on the steel type names...
As for bug... Cicadeon is probably the coolest, I think~ Also I genuinely used that first one myself years ago...~

The Water Tiger Starter
  1. Dripurr: A blue kitten with a white underbelly and stripes. Has somewhat shaggy fur. It is the Water starter of Coronet City.
  2. Whirlpuss: A blue and white bobcat-like Pokémon with a sharp temper.
  3. Tygale: A blue and white tiger Pokémon with white cloud-like tufts of fur on its elbows, around its neck, and on the tip of its tail.

The Water Primate Starter
  1. Dribbon: A baby baboon with blue fur. The fur on the top of its head is darker than the rest of its body. This is the Water starter of Crest Island.
  2. Dunkape: A monkey Pokémon with a dark blue mane and tail, a light blue face and belly, and a white cloud collar. This Pokémon is capable of manifesting clouds.
  3. Kongsoon: A large blue mandrill-like Pokémon with red and light blue facial markings, a white beard, and a yellow head band around its forehead. It rides atop a large cloud that it conjures out of thin air.
If Tygale is the "Storm Tiger Pokemon", Wouldn't Water/Electric work?

As for Kongsoon; Psychic (Deity appearance), Flying (Because it floats), Normal, (being a monkey and most monkey pkmn. are normal types), and Fighting (As a Sun Wukong reference) all work. I personally root for the more unique and less used Water/Psychic typing although I also like the Sun Wukong approach (My friend is very into Monkey Kid).

Steel type Eeveelution should be battaleon because it sounds like 'battalion' which makes me think of armored knights.

If Tygale is the "Storm Tiger Pokemon", Wouldn't Water/Electric work?

As for Kongsoon; Psychic (Deity appearance), Flying (Because it floats), Normal, (being a monkey and most monkey pkmn. are normal types), and Fighting (As a Sun Wukong reference) all work. I personally root for the more unique and less used Water/Psychic typing although I also like the Sun Wukong approach (My friend is very into Monkey Kid).

Steel type Eeveelution should be battaleon because it sounds like 'battalion' which makes me think of armored knights.
Thanks for the awesome feedback!

I think Water/Electric could work. It's a type set that doesn't get a lot of love, so I'll need to come up with some way to beef Tygale up. Do you think I'll have to change my Pokémon's design or is it fine?

I like the idea of using a unique type set. However, I wonder Water/Psychic would bit a bit too powerful for a starter. Perhaps not. Another consideration, I already have one Psychic starter, Peercock the Grass/Psychic Peacock Pokémon. Would a second Psychic type be redundant? I feel like Flying type and Fighting type could fall in line with the Sun Wukong reference. Let me check the Pokémon Dual-Type Chart and I'll get back to you. (Its funny you should mention Monkie Kid. I heard someone talking about how much they liked the show recently and it influenced some of my Pokémon ideas. But more on that later.)

My brother also thought Battaleon was the best bet. I think I'll go with it! :)

@Blotch'd

You mentioned Sun Wukong and the Monkie Kid show. It just so happens that I've been doing a little digging into Chinese mythology thanks to The Journey of the West, which is what your friend's show is based off of. I don't have a full region or any concepts for the box art Legendaries but I do have a set of four legendary Pokémon plus one Mythical based on Chinese legends. I call them the Compass Quartet. If you read the descriptions, you'll see why.

Intortwine (Ice/Water Type) - Based on the Black Tortoise of Winter, this cosmic black Pokémon resembles a giant box turtle with a snake on its back. This snake has said to be tied to the legendary Pokémon since the dawn of time. The snake's head ushers in winter with its icy breath. The turtle commands rivers and oceans.

Bengalia (Steel/Dark Type) - Based on the White Tiger of Autumn, this monumental beast with steel-blue eyes can make an entire forest quiver with a single step. It has been dubbed the Master of the West. It uses its long tail like an Immortal's blade, cutting down anything that stands in its way.

Fahrenhuang (Fire/Fairy Type) - Based on the Vermillion Bird of Summer, this Pokémon resembling the golden pheasant of China or perhaps the legendary Fenghuang itself, draws its power from the sun. A single wing beat can scorch an entire valley or melt a snow covered hilltop. In spite of its power, this Pokémon is a paragon of restraint, refusing to use its full power even when battling an opponent.

Immortalon (Grass/Dragon Type) - Based on the Azure Dragon of Spring, this green and blue dragon has five talons on each foot, a long serpentine body, no wings, and two very long whiskers at the end of its face. This Pokémon is noble yet kind. It channels its power using a vibrant pearl which assists its control of plant life and the weather.

Linsage (Ground/Psychic) = Based on the Yellow Qilin of Midsummer and Centrality, this mysterious Pokémon has been nicknamed the dragon-horse due to its unique appearance. A nible body covered with scales and deer-like attributes such as the antlers on its head and cloven hooves make for one unusual beast. This Pokémon is considered the gentlest of all creatures and detests conflict. However, in a time of need it will use its incredible speed to spirit one out of danger. Legend says it can read a persons and tell whether they are being honest of deceitful. If it finds a person with a pure and valiant heart, it will follow them to the ends of the Earth.

If I wrote a story surrounding this concept, I'd totally give the protagonist Kongsoon, Grumpig, Sandslash, Linsage, and Meditite. Virtually cookies if you can guess why. :D

If I wrote a story surrounding this concept, I'd totally give the protagonist Kongsoon, Grumpig, Sandslash, Linsage, and Meditite. Virtually cookies if you can guess why. :D
Maybe it has something to do with...Chinese Legend! Ah, yes, online cookies to me.
All these idea's are so interesting, but I think American lore can be just as cool.
Dovegishe (Dark/Psychic)- Based off the Dover Demon, It has a small head but huge eyes that swim with many orange hues. It's long legs and arms are in sharp contrast to its small torso. According to legends, this Pokemon stares at hikers from afar, making them lose their sense of direction and time until the victim breaks down into hysterical tears.

Dovegishe (Dark/Psychic)- Based off the Dover Demon, It has a small head but huge eyes that swim with many orange hues. It's long legs and arms are in sharp contrast to its small torso. According to legends, this Pokemon stares at hikers from afar, making them lose their sense of direction and time until the victim breaks down into hysterical tears.
I am impressed. I didn't think it was possible to turn cryptids into Pokémon. I tried doing a Tasmanian tiger Pokémon but the best I could come up with was a Ground/Fighting Type called Thyloco. Do you have anymore?

HMMM...
Mothyrl (Bug/Dark)- Based off Moth man, It's a smallish being with great leathery wings and a 'hooded' face similar in appearance to the High end Nomu that attacked Endeavor in MHA (because that's the only way to describe it). Myth states that this Pokemon can reach high flying speeds in nanoseconds, and that it is apparently responsible for the disappearance of hundreds of Pokemon.
Chupamenaza (Fighting/Dark)- Based off the Chupacabra, it is a wolfish creature with a long, blue tongue and multicolored coat. Bony ridges arch wildly from it's back. Based off folklore, it is safe to say that this Pokemon would gladly attack anything that moves within it's territory. It's long teeth suck all life from it's hapless victims.

All cryptids unique ability: Harbinger
Upon entering, inflict a status condition/effect respective to the Pokemon with the ability (Mothyrl is arena trap, Chupamenaza is leech seed, Dovegishe is confusion, Pokemon stealing or copying this ability will inflict confusion, ect.)

HMMM...
Mothyrl (Bug/Dark)- Based off Moth man, It's a smallish being with great leathery wings and a 'hooded' face similar in appearance to the High end Nomu that attacked Endeavor in MHA (because that's the only way to describe it). Myth states that this Pokemon can reach high flying speeds in nanoseconds, and that it is apparently responsible for the disappearance of hundreds of Pokemon.
Chupamenaza (Fighting/Dark)- Based off the Chupacabra, it is a wolfish creature with a long, blue tongue and multicolored coat. Bony ridges arch wildly from it's back. Based off folklore, it is safe to say that this Pokemon would gladly attack anything that moves within it's territory. It's long teeth suck all life from it's hapless victims.

All cryptids unique ability: Harbinger
Upon entering, inflict a status condition/effect respective to the Pokemon with the ability (Mothyrl is arena trap, Chupamenaza is leech seed, Dovegishe is confusion, Pokemon stealing or copying this ability will inflict confusion, ect.)
Very cool. Ugh! Now I want to put all of these mythologies into my region. I don't think it's big enough though. LOL

I suppose I could include similar folktale Pokémon into the regions surrounding Mithos. In the lore, I explained that Mithos is neighbored by Nital ('latin' spelled backwards) to the West and the Trojah Region to the East (based on Persia). Maybe it's just easier to make separate regions.

Now here's a tough question, who would you pick for the box art Legendaries in your hypothetical cryptid inspired region? Would they even be based on cryptids?

Oh, the Cryptids aren't really like the legendaries. They're closer to Ultra Beast in nature, and I always thought about it that way. The legendaries for my Box Art are actually based off a Thunderbird/Eagle hybrid and the American Bison. Maybe it could be called the 'Pieoner' region (Pronounced 'Pie-O-ner', badly pronounced Pioneer (Help me come up with a better one))
Libreagle (Electric/Dragon Type)- Based off the Thunderbird and America's national bird, it has four pairs of wings with white, blue, and yellow feathers. It has a long, bushy red crest that extends from both sides of it's brow. The Pokemon that assisted with the founding of the ___ region, it seeks freedom and liberty for all humans and Pokemon.
Biritison (Ground/Fighting)- Based off a the lesser known American mascot, the bison. It is as large as a small boat with yellow and gold fur. It's horns are long, coiled, and are pure gold. It has no eyes; in place of them is a band of skin. The Pokemon that helped found ____. It seeks truth and becomes irrationally angry when hearing a falsehood.

Oh, the Cryptids aren't really like the legendaries. They're closer to Ultra Beast in nature, and I always thought about it that way. The legendaries for my Box Art are actually based off a Thunderbird/Eagle hybrid and the American Bison. Maybe it could be called the 'Pieoner' region (Pronounced 'Pie-O-ner', badly pronounced Pioneer (Help me come up with a better one))
Libreagle (Electric/Dragon Type)- Based off the Thunderbird and America's national bird, it has four pairs of wings with white, blue, and yellow feathers. It has a long, bushy red crest that extends from both sides of it's brow. The Pokemon that assisted with the founding of the ___ region, it seeks freedom and liberty for all humans and Pokemon.
Biritison (Ground/Fighting)- Based off a the lesser known American mascot, the bison. It is as large as a small boat with yellow and gold fur. It's horns are long, coiled, and are pure gold. It has no eyes; in place of them is a band of skin. The Pokemon that helped found ____. It seeks truth and becomes irrationally angry when hearing a falsehood.
Ooo! Love the concept. Hmm...Pieoner Region isn't bad. If you want something less on the nose, you could try the Appala Region after the Appalachian Mountains, or the Algo Region in honor of the Algoquian people known for having a prevalent Thunderbird motif. Actually, there is a long list of indigenous cultures you could draw inspiration from if you like.

Ooo! Love the concept. Hmm...Pieoner Region isn't bad. If you want something less on the nose, you could try the Appala Region after the Appalachian Mountains, or the Algo Region in honor of the Algoquian people known for having a prevalent Thunderbird motif. Actually, there is a long list of indigenous cultures you could draw inspiration from if you like.
HMM. Hard choice...Weird how every choice we make affects reality in different ways-
Anyway, Appala doesn't sound too bad. But i just did actual research and decided to go with Unitas, a combination of 'United' and the latin word 'veritas' (truth), but could also be interpreted as the spanish word 'Uno' (one) + the latin word 'veritas' (truth), a nod to Unova, which is thought to be a combination of 'Uno' (one) and the latin word 'nova' (new) and also based off the USA.

HMM. Hard choice...Weird how every choice we make affects reality in different ways-
Anyway, Appala doesn't sound too bad. But i just did actual research and decided to go with Unitas, a combination of 'United' and the latin word 'veritas' (truth), but could also be interpreted as the spanish word 'Uno' (one) + the latin word 'veritas' (truth), a nod to Unova, which is thought to be a combination of 'Uno' (one) and the latin word 'nova' (new) and also based off the USA.
Not bad. I'm glad you found one you liked.

So...anything else?
From me or for you?

If its my stuff you want, I'm currently debating on whether or not I have too many Electric type cat Pokémon.

There's Jagwire an Electric/Water Type and Panthor a black an silver Dark/Electric Type cat. If I add Tygale to the list, I'll have two Electric/Water type cat Pokémon. Will that be redundant? Not to mention Pokémon canon has Luxray so that's a lot of Electric cats.

Also. I added a new Pokémon:

Murkaque (Dark/Fighting Type) "The Dubious Monkey Pokémon" - This Pokémon resorts to cunning and deceitful tactics to win a fight. Its known for its love of shadows and impersonations. Nimbleness and creativity are this Pokémon's greatest assets in a fight. It has a fierce rivalry with Infernape.

If you are looking for suggestions on your stuff, you'll have to be more specific. Of course, I am willing to help with anything as you have helped me.

From me or for you?

If its my stuff you want, I'm currently debating on whether or not I have too many Electric type cat Pokémon.

There's Jagwire an Electric/Water Type and Panthor a black an silver Dark/Electric Type cat. If I add Tygale to the list, I'll have two Electric/Water type cat Pokémon. Will that be redundant? Not to mention Pokémon canon has Luxray so that's a lot of Electric cats.

Also. I added a new Pokémon:

Murkaque (Dark/Fighting Type) "The Dubious Monkey Pokémon" - This Pokémon resorts to cunning and deceitful tactics to win a fight. Its known for its love of shadows and impersonations. Nimbleness and creativity are this Pokémon's greatest assets in a fight. It has a fierce rivalry with Infernape.

If you are looking for suggestions on your stuff, you'll have to be more specific. Of course, I am willing to help with anything as you have helped me.
HMM. It is alot of Thunder Cats. I think maybe edit one of them a bit. And every time I read anything resembling Macaque, it makes me think of LMK.
When I was thinking of Unitas, I wondered which types I should use for gyms. I went
Normal, Water, Fire, Grass, Flying, Poison, Ground, Dragon. Does that seem balanced in difficulty to you?
Also, for the E4, I chose Fairy, Ice, Electric, and Psychic. Do you think that's not too pivoted in one direction, or that it has a balanced set of weaknesses? I had problems deciding for myself.

HMM. It is alot of Thunder Cats. I think maybe edit one of them a bit. And every time I read anything resembling Macaque, it makes me think of LMK.
When I was thinking of Unitas, I wondered which types I should use for gyms. I went
Normal, Water, Fire, Grass, Flying, Poison, Ground, Dragon. Does that seem balanced in difficulty to you?
Also, for the E4, I chose Fairy, Ice, Electric, and Psychic. Do you think that's not too pivoted in one direction, or that it has a balanced set of weaknesses? I had problems deciding for myself.
I think your Gym/ Elite 4 set ups could work as is. In my opinion, it depends less on the type of the gym and more on the Pokémon in that gym leader's roster. As long as you have weaker (and often fewer) Pokémon in the early gyms and stronger Pokémon in the later gyms, your set up will work just fine. Think about which Pokémon your player character would encounter early on versus Pokémon they would not come across until later, that usually (but not always) determines what order the type gyms are in.

So really its up to you. What Pokémon do you want to see someone fight? What themes do you love the most?

I think your Gym/ Elite 4 set ups could work as is. In my opinion, it depends less on the type of the gym and more on the Pokémon in that gym leader's roster. As long as you have weaker (and often fewer) Pokémon in the early gyms and stronger Pokémon in the later gyms, your set up will work just fine. Think about which Pokémon your player character would encounter early on versus Pokémon they would not come across until later, that usually (but not always) determines what order the type gyms are in.

So really its up to you. What Pokémon do you want to see someone fight? What themes do you love the most?
Hmmm. Well, with the gym leaders the Pokemon are not only various types, but also are higher in competitive value. So even when two gym trainers unleash their full power, one would still be stronger than the other even if they did not have any clear advantage over one another. As for the ascending order, my region features a lot of dark and a lot of poison types, so the ground type gym might be a real hurdle if you do not like using water types. Normal types are also common throughout the region.

Hmmm. Well, with the gym leaders the Pokemon are not only various types, but also are higher in competitive value. So even when two gym trainers unleash their full power, one would still be stronger than the other even if they did not have any clear advantage over one another. As for the ascending order, my region features a lot of dark and a lot of poison types, so the ground type gym might be a real hurdle if you do not like using water types. Normal types are also common throughout the region.
Makes sense. It seems like this way trainers would have to get better at strategy as they progress.

@Blotch'd Fossil Pokémon and Extinct Pokémon:
  1. Maestrodon/Promethodon (Rock-Psychic Type) “The Troodon Pokémon”
    1. This Pokémon isn't very strong, but makes up for it with it's amazing intellect. It uses it's psychic capabilities to mess with it's opponents' heads, confusing or making them panic. It is theorized that an ancient flood caused this Pokémon’s extinction.
  2. Roarzor (Rock-Steel Type) “The Therizinosaurus Pokémon”
    1. This Pokémon is tall and has very sharp, long claws; longer than even Sneasler. Its bulky body makes this Pokemon a powerhouse at the cost of greatly reducing its foot speed. Despite its fierce appearance, scientists believe this Pokémon was a vegetarian.
  3. Plankylo→Stegospike (Rock-Poison or Electric Type) “The Plates Pokémon”
    1. Plankylo: This Pokémon was built for defense, from the armor on its back to the clubed tail with four small spikes. It is incredibly slow but makes up for it by being virtually indestructible.
    2. Stegospike: This Pokémon was built for defense. Two large spikes stick out from its hips, two smaller spikes stick out from the side of its head, and its club tail has transformed into a menacing mace. This Pokémon shook the earth with its footsteps. Its main weakness is its soft underbelly.
  4. Parashoot→Paraseng (Rock-Grass Type) “The Hadrosaur Pokémon”
    1. Parashoot: A green hadrosaur Pokémon with a slightly curved crest. This Pokémon had a melodious voice that could be heard from kilometers away.
    2. Paraseng: This Pokémon’s music was thought to give it control over plants. Its large crest ontop of its head functions as a resonating chamber. While Paraseng walked on all fours, it is thought to have run on two legs. What it lacks in defense it makes up for in speed and creativity.
  5. Nubwoo→Woollino (Ice-Ground Type) “The Woolly Rhinocerous Pokémon”
    1. Nubwoo: A baby fur covered rhinoceros with a small horn apparently made of ice. This Pokémon was surprisingly graceful for its size. Its padded feet give enabled it to run on ice. It is believed a warming climate brought this Pokémon to extinction.
    2. Woollino: A giant wolly rhinoceros with a horn so massive it can bust through glaciers. Some believe this Pokémon still survives at the Himalayan Mountains. Its assumed extinction was probably due to climate change and competition with Mamoswine.
  6. Ezekielk (Rock-Ice Type) “The Irish Elk Pokémon”
    1. A gigantic cervid with enormous moose-like antlers. It thrived in cold plain-like environments where there were few trees. Some say it could split the earth with its will. The cause of its extinction remains unknown.
  7. Antiquine (Normal-Rock Type) “The Horse Ancestor Pokémon”
    1. About the size of a Ponyta, this Pokémon with rust colored fur with white spots, white muzzle, and white underbelly is thought to be the ancestor of all horse Pokémon. It has a short black mane and donkey-like tail. Unlike a horse, however, Antiquine does not have hooves. Its front feet have four toes with its back feet have three.
  8. Thyloco (Ground-Fighting Type) “The Resurrected Pokémon”
    1. Despite its fierce reputation, this Pokémon was quite shy, usually avoiding contact with humans. When the last known specimen died, a researcher brought the body to his lab and attempted to revive it. When his attempts failed, the remains were preserved. Almost ninety years later, these remains were discovered by scientists who successfully revived it. Thyloco is distrusting of humans due being used as a lab rat and a fighting tool.

Last edited:
0-0 That's a lot to write in two minutes-
Woolly Rhinos! Hadrosaur's!
I always wanted a rock/grass type, it is in my opinion a pretty good combo that covers a lot of bases.
Best has got to be Paraseng, and the idea of a horse with toes bothers me somehow-

I myself have never made a fossil Pokemon but I always love the ideas.
Another Cryptid is born from Wisconsin!
Grudag (Dragon/Dark)- Based of the Wisconsin Hodag, it is covered in dark green scales and hair covering it's body. It has long ivory horns and terrible teeth that jut from it's upper and lower lips. It's tail ends in a sharp barb, similar in appearance to the tail of a cartoon devil. According to local legend, it is a terrible, fire breathing demon. Despite the fact that it has garnered legend as the most violent creature alive, in reality it simply want's to live alone in the woods.

0-0 That's a lot to write in two minutes-
Woolly Rhinos! Hadrosaur's!
I always wanted a rock/grass type, it is in my opinion a pretty good combo that covers a lot of bases.
Best has got to be Paraseng, and the idea of a horse with toes bothers me somehow-

I myself have never made a fossil Pokemon but I always love the ideas.
Another Cryptid is born from Wisconsin!
Grudag (Dragon/Dark)- Based of the Wisconsin Hodag, it is covered in dark green scales and hair covering it's body. It has long ivory horns and terrible teeth that jut from it's upper and lower lips. It's tail ends in a sharp barb, similar in appearance to the tail of a cartoon devil. According to local legend, it is a terrible, fire breathing demon. Despite the fact that it has garnered legend as the most violent creature alive, in reality it simply want's to live alone in the woods.
LOL. I actually pasted all of this from a document I keep my Fakémon in. I never thought about their being a hodag Pokémon, but I have to say, you gave it the perfect typing. I like how you twisted the lore too.

LOL. I actually pasted all of this from a document I keep my Fakémon in. I never thought about their being a hodag Pokémon, but I have to say, you gave it the perfect typing. I like how you twisted the lore too.
I feel like the Hodag is really a big ol' softie who doesn't want to be bothered. Just like Mothman is just your average college roomate and the chupacabra is a cool guy with unique drinking tastes.

I feel like the Hodag is really a big ol' softie who doesn't want to be bothered. Just like Mothman is just your average college roomate and the chupacabra is a cool guy with unique drinking tastes.
LOL. What does that make the Jersey Devil? A retired sports mascot that just wants a break from the publicity? XD

LOL. What does that make the Jersey Devil? A retired sports mascot that just wants a break from the publicity? XD
No. That would be weird. The Jersey Devil is your seemingly average High School Demon who, at night, secretly becomes a magical girl to fight the power of evil. It's hobbies include reading romance novels, long walks on the beach, and running to school badly dressed with a piece of toast in their mouth.

No. That would be weird. The Jersey Devil is your seemingly average High School Demon who, at night, secretly becomes a magical girl to fight the power of evil. It's hobbies include reading romance novels, long walks on the beach, and running to school badly dressed with a piece of toast in their mouth.
You could be a Disney Channel screen writer. I can just see a Cryptid High TV show, breaking the air and raking in millions.