• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I Made a Fan Region!!! Now what?

Okay, I feel like I'm posting way too many of these, but it's part of the reason for why I joined Pokécharms in the first place so here it goes.

For months, I have been working on my Mithos Region, a fan-made Pokémon region I made based on the Mediterranean and ancient Greece. I have completed a fan made Pokédex and even drafted the plot of the game. Problem is, I don't know what to do with it. Should I turn it into a fanfic? Start an artwork request? I draw, but I'm not great at it. My brother thought it would be funny if I sent a letter to Game Freak. Though, if I'm being honest they'll probably just send me a form letter. :D Still, it would be a shame to let this passion project go to waste. Got any advice?

Some info on my region, if you are interested:

POKÉMON: BRONZE & IRON
Pokédex:
Chickapea→Peafoul→Peercock (Grass-Psychic Type) “The Peacock Pokémon”
Sizzly→Volcub→Dynabear (Fire-Dark Type) “The Smoky Bear Pokémon”
Puggle→Platypool→Platytide (Water-Steel Type) “The Duckbill Pokémon”
Wulfleur→Cu’sage→Lichenthrope (Grass-Fairy Type) “The Fairy Dog Pokémon”
Matchling→Shellroast→Terosene (Fire-Steel Type) “The Terrapin Pokémon”
Dripurr→Whirlpuss→Tygale (Water-Flying Type) “The Tiger Pokémon”
Aloeghar→Sawbek→Orchidylian (Grass-Ground Type) “The Oasis Pokémon”
Forglet→Smogwog→Bullforge (Fire-Poison Type) “The Flame Frog Pokémon”
Dribbon→Dunkape→Kongsoon (Water-Dark Type) “The Monsoon Pokémon”
Fleable→Scuttlebug→Formicidant (Bug-Normal Type) “The Tiny-Bite Pokémon”
Ragcoon→Richcoon→Tyccoon (Normal-Steel/Normal-Dark Type) “The Rags-to-Riches Pokémon”
Hummingburr→Hummingbloom (Flying-Grass Type) “The Hummingbird
Cirkit→Catabolt→Jagwire (Electric-Water Type) “The Jungle Cat Pokémon”
Slinkajou (Grass-Dark Type) “The Shifty Sweet-Toothed Pokémon”
Yardbark—> Mosslick (Grass Type) “The Longfaced Pokémon”
Rinrin→Berunrun (Dark Type) “The Bell Cat Pokémon”
Zefoal→Pegagust (Flying Type) “The Winged Horse Pokémon”
Gryphite (Rock-Flying Type) “The Kingly Pokémon”
Cobbold→Gobelisk (Ghost-Rock Type) “The Graveyard Pokémon”
Hyrox (Normal-Rock Type) “The Tiny Tusk Pokémon”
Samamba→Hissboomba (Poison-Rock Type) “The Dancing Snake Pokémon”
Kabloom (Grass-Fire Type) “The Pepper Seed Pokémon”
Miniming (Normal-Ice Type) “The Small Rodent Pokémon”
Poicicle→Duopop (Poison-Ice Type) “The Popsicle Pokémon”
Faedill→Karmadillo (Fairy-Ground Type) “The Fortune Pokémon”
Panthor (Dark-Electric Type) “The Mystery Pokémon”
Buzzare (Psychic-Flying Type) “The Card Trick Pokémon”
Catamount (Ground-Ice Type) “The Summit Panther Pokémon”
Daenite (Dark-Flying Type) “The Fury Pokémon”
Faunburn—>Capricone (Fire-Fairy Type) “The Pipe Goat Pokémon”
Bovini→Horison→Heliox (Fire Type) “The Longhorn Pokémon”
Detricore (Poison-Dark Type) “The Vengeful Pokémon”
Aquilawa (Electric-Flying Type) “The Eagle Pokémon”
Manataur (Water-Normal Type) “The Cow-fish Pokémon”
Plovely→Caladream (Fairy-Flying Type) “The Heartbreak Pokémon”
Delphin (Psychic-Water Type) “The Oracle Pokémon”
Boarbarian (Fighting Type) “The Bashing-tusks Pokémon”
Stalhart (Normal-Fighting Type) “The Brass-hoofed Pokémon”
Toxiceon (Poison Type) “The Toxin Pokémon”
Spectreon (Ghost Type) “The Apparition Pokémon”
Obisideon (Rock Type) “The Sharp Stone Pokémon”
Aveon (Flying Type) “The Cloud-Winged Pokémon”
Insecteon (Bug Type) “The Buzzing Pokémon”
Paleon (Ground Type) “The Shifting Sand Pokémon”
Brawleon (Fighting Type) “The Fleet-footed Pokémon”
Metaleon (Steel Type) “The Ironclad Pokémon”
Drakeon (Dragon Type) “The Little Dragon Pokémon”
Jinnjar→Jarjinni (Ghost-Normal Type) “The Bottled Spirit Pokémon”
Dragrub—>Larvagon—>Cidraiga (Bug-Dragon Type) “The Resonance Pokémon”
Spriuff—>Cerbark—>Cerberoar (Ghost-Dark Type) “The Underworld Pokémon”
Klasp→Ouroboa (Steel-Dragon Type) “The Infinity Pokémon”
Cartiluge (Ghost-Water Type) “The Rattling Bones Pokémon”
Karabyss (Dark-Rock Type) “The Fissure Pokémon”
Priscylla (Fairy-Dragon Type) “The Glutton Pokémon”

Mithos Region Map: (Location name/Patron Pokémon/Gym Type/ Gym Leader)
  • Tiara Town / Caladream / Fairy / Master Daphne Philia
  • Delphin Port / Delphin / Psychic / "Braniac Mac" Schwartz
  • Zenith Town / Aquilawa / Electric / Master Delta Piolet
  • Erudite City / Pegagust / Flying / Master Talon Cho-chen
  • Austere City / Boarbarian & Stalhart / Fighting / Master Kenka
  • Crest Island / Manataur $ Tygale / Water / Master Thalassa Wallow
  • Coronet City / Heliox & Bullforge / Fire / Master Blair Foster
  • Diadem City / Peercock / Grass / Master Dion Busch
  • Kraun City (Home of the Grand Olympic Stadium) / Miltank, Snorlax, & Blissey / Normal / Master Jane Hearth
  • Circlet Town / Skarmory / Steel / Master Remington Kade
  • Chaplet Town / Cerberoar & Daenite / Ghost-Dark / Master Ava Spiarare
  • Laurel Town / Cidraiga & Formicidant / Bug / Master Juan Fang
  • The Tourmaline Sea (location of the Sunken City and home to Delphin)
  • The Perilous Mountains (location of Mount Apex, the Elysian Gate, and the home of Cerberoar)
  • The Subway Museum (located in or underneath Erudite City; based on Syntagma Metro Station Archaeological Collection in Athens)
Plot Points:
  • Player gets to choose which city they start out in. There are 3 choices: Coronet City, Diadem City, and Crest Island. This will dictate which set of starter Pokémon they can select from at the start of the game. {See the first 9 Pokémon listed in the Pokédex.}
  • Players can obtain the starters from Gen 1 through Gen 9, but they will have to trade in order to obtain most of them. After defeating each gym, they can obtain 1 from each set of starters after battling/completing a side quest for that city’s or town’s professor.
  • Just like in Greece, Mithosian cities were originally independent governments. While the Mithos Region is considered a unified region, many Mithosians prefer to identify themselves by their home city (ex: Diademites, Erudites, Laurelers, etc.) This is the reason behind the 12 different sets of starter Pokémon, and the reason why you'll notice people from different cities speaking in different accents.
  • Cartiluge and Karabyss are rival legendaries. While Carteluge rises to the surface, Karabyss dives to the deepest depths of the ocean. These two Pokémon awoke during the excavation of the Sunken City.
  • Priscylla is Karabyss' counterpart. She awakens at the start of the post-game, angered by her counterpart's defeat/defeat and subsequent capture at the hands of the player character.
  • Delphin, a rare Pokémon with the gift of prophecy is encountered 3 times over the course of the game (1) Off the shore of Port Delphin, it will foresee your move/Pokéball and flee (2) Midway through the game at Mount Apex, Perilous Mountain Range, it will share a vision with the Player and their rival of Cartiluge’s/Karabyss’ awakenings. (3) Early postgame, Delphin will summon the player character to Port Delphin, where it will share a vision of Priscylla’s wrath. After the player character helps Delphin defeat Priscylla, Delphin will grant the player worthy of catching it.
  • Gyms = You can do these in any order, though it’s recommended that you start in your own city which will be either grass, fire, or water type.
  • Unlike most Pokémon games, Mithos does not have an Elite Four. Instead, each of the twelve Gym Leaders is viewed as their location’s Elite Master. The four you do not choose to face during your gym badge qualifier will be the four champions you have to face at the Grand Arena in Kraun City.
  • In addition to the Gym Challenge, there is an event unique to Mithos known as the Labors Tournament. In this tournament, you follow in the footsteps of a legendary trainer who, according to many, was the first to visit all 12 cities. Complete the Gym Tournament and the Labors Tournament and you will be deemed a Mithos legend.

Yeah, the anthropomorphic route doesn't go real well for me. I prefer more INSPIRED designs, rather than... A wannabe psychic type that's just a guy in a duck suit.
I understand completely. Would you like to see more in depth description of the fake Pokémon? I can't draw it...yet. But I wrote its physical descriptions and Pokédex entries.

Puggle→Platypool→Platytide (Water-Steel Type) “The Duckbill Pokémon”
  1. Puggle: A round baby platypus-like creature with livid (pale blue-gray) fur and blue eyes. It has a leathery beak and tail, plus webbed feet with black claws. This Pokémon is the official Water-type starter of Diadem Town.
    1. Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon was once thought to be a hoax. To this day, scientists argue about its type classification.
  2. Platypool: A quadruped Pokémon with longer legs, fin-like points on its elbows, and a purple spur on each wrist. These spurs inject a painful stinging venom that can last for several weeks. Some of its fur has turned brown.
    1. Pokédex Entry: A powerful swimmer, this Pokémon uses it’s paddle-like tail to propel itself through the water.
  3. Platytide: This Pokémon can stand on two legs as well as all four. Its fur is brown save for its navy-blue “fins”, light underbelly, and mask-like markings around its eyes. Its arms are longer and stronger than its previous evolutions. It carries a wooden surfboard used for travel, battle, and for teaching its young how to surf.
    1. Pokédex Entry: Its surfboard is made from a tree. When threatened, this board can double as a shield.
Recommended Moves: Protect, Toxic, Iron Head, Meteor Mash, Titanium Bash (signature move), Hydro Pump, Aqua Ring, Waterfall

Last edited:
Although...Why steel?
Like, not even it's board is steel. I'm just getting normal type vibes, not judging it though just genuinely curious

Although...Why steel?
Like, not even it's board is steel. I'm just getting normal type vibes, not judging it though just genuinely curious
Oh that. Well, I was trying to go with something unexpected. You know, since the real life platypus looks like a hodge podge of different animals. I wanted it's typing to seem unusual or for it to have a learnset that crossed over into multiple typings. It's counterpart starters had Grass-Psychic and Fire-Dark so I didn't know if a Normal or a Poison secondary typing would balance it out enough. What do you think?

Oh that. Well, I was trying to go with something unexpected. You know, since the real life platypus looks like a hodge podge of different animals. I wanted it's typing to seem unusual or for it to have a learnset that crossed over into multiple typings. It's counterpart starters had Grass-Psychic and Fire-Dark so I didn't know if a Normal or a Poison secondary typing would balance it out enough. What do you think?
Like maybe I could give it the ability Poison Point but give it a different typing, but most starters have the ability that powers up water type moves in a pinch. I'm not sure what makes the most sense.

Last edited:
Oh yea! I forgot that platypuses are poisonous! But couldn't it just have a unique move that poisons the target? In addition to Titanium Bash?
Like, you could call it Claw Board or something, since the claws are the stingers?

Like, I was just wondering if the steel/water typing was arbitrary, because it was done on Empoleon before. If it was me I would want to chose a unique typing that hasn't been done on a starter yet. Water type starters EXCLUSIVELY have torrent as their ability, but poison point always works as a hidden if you want to go really deep into stuff like that.
But since it's all fictional anyway it doesn't matter what you do as long as your happy with it.

I've done this sort of thing before so when I talk about it I get REALLY deep into it. But I like how much you thought through the Pokemon with facts I would have overlooked.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the starters type, if you had the platypus as Water/Poison type it would be almost a complete circle because
Dark beats psychic
Psychic beats poison
Yet poison doesn't fit.
So if you decided to do that it would be balanced somewhat with a slight advantage towards the fire type because the platypus can't target both weaknesses and the fire type still hits both of the grass type's weaknesses. Meanwhile the poor platypus can't hit it's vulnerable counterpart as well as the other two can hit theirs, and is still weak to both the main and secondary typing of the grass type.

Poison fits better than Steel despite this because
Steel isn't super effective vs Dark and isn't weak to psychic either,
And Poison actually makes sense for the Pokemon in question.
However, if I was to go for the unexpected direction I would not pick poison because if you search Platypus Pokemon you can see how overdone Poison is. Steel is perfectly fine although fighting, poison, or even ground would probably suit it better. But I think Ground is a bit unexpected for the concept because its designed to be based of a surfboarder, so that's what I would do if I wanted my Platypus to be all unexpected as a rightful platypus is.

As for the starters type, if you had the platypus as Water/Poison type it would be almost a complete circle because
Dark beats psychic
Psychic beats poison
Yet poison doesn't fit.
So if you decided to do that it would be balanced somewhat with a slight advantage towards the fire type because the platypus can't target both weaknesses and the fire type still hits both of the grass type's weaknesses. Meanwhile the poor platypus can't hit it's vulnerable counterpart as well as the other two can hit theirs, and is still weak to both the main and secondary typing of the grass type.

Poison fits better than Steel despite this because
Steel isn't super effective vs Dark and isn't weak to psychic either,
And Poison actually makes sense for the Pokemon in question.
However, if I was to go for the unexpected direction I would not pick poison because if you search Platypus Pokemon you can see how overdone Poison is. Steel is perfectly fine although fighting, poison, or even ground would probably suit it better. But I think Ground is a bit unexpected for the concept because its designed to be based of a surfboarder, so that's what I would do if I wanted my Platypus to be all unexpected as a rightful platypus is.
I know I'm talking a lot, and I'm more into this than I thought I would be, but also wanted to explain the ground type concept.
While it would be doubly weak to grass, it would be doubly effective vs. fire, and starter weakness circles are such a newer gen concept anyway, considering they all use to be monotypes or the typical fire/fighting.
Ground type is the perfectly unexpected secondary type because it not only doesn't fit the weakness circle of its fellow starters, but also it still makes sense for the original concept of the platypus itself, which treads both land and water. The ground type also doesn't make sense (and yet at the same time does) because it's a surfboarder! With a surfboarder concept one would expect fighting or maybe normal if your out there, but ground is the sort of curve ball that doesn't make sense for the concept, but for the animal itself.

Man, I'm thinking this much about a surfboarding platypus. I would never be able to get past the platypus to actually make the town it comes from.

I know I'm talking a lot, and I'm more into this than I thought I would be, but also wanted to explain the ground type concept.
While it would be doubly weak to grass, it would be doubly effective vs. fire, and starter weakness circles are such a newer gen concept anyway, considering they all use to be monotypes or the typical fire/fighting.
Ground type is the perfectly unexpected secondary type because it not only doesn't fit the weakness circle of its fellow starters, but also it still makes sense for the original concept of the platypus itself, which treads both land and water. The ground type also doesn't make sense (and yet at the same time does) because it's a surfboarder! With a surfboarder concept one would expect fighting or maybe normal if your out there, but ground is the sort of curve ball that doesn't make sense for the concept, but for the animal itself.

Man, I'm thinking this much about a surfboarding platypus. I would never be able to get past the platypus to actually make the town it comes from.
No, no. Talk away! The more you point out the more I like the Water-Ground Type concept for Platytide. I could do like you said and make Poison Point its hidden ability and/or give it a signature move relating to Poison. Poison Jab might make since if we're talking moves, since it reminds me of the platypi's stingers. It's also a physical attack move, and I imagine a surfing platypus Pokémon would have high physical attack stats. It's speed would probably be good too, especially considering the surfboard.

As for a signature move, maybe it has something in Pokémon canon that's type changes depending on the terrain, like Hidden Power, or personality, like Ancient Power. Or I could combine our previous suggestions and create a new move called Board Bash or something related to the idea of surfing. Hang Ten, Polar Plunge, and Paddle might also make good move names. Question is, would the move be water-type like Surf or some other type?

Last edited:
No, no. Talk away! The more you point out the more I like the Water-Ground Type concept for Platytide. I could do like you said and make Poison Point its hidden ability and/or give it a signature move relating to Poison. Poison Jab might make since if we're talking moves, since it reminds me of the platypi's stingers. It's also a physical attack move, and I imagine a surfing platypus Pokémon would have high physical attack stats. It's speed would probably be good too, especially considering the surfboard.

As for a signature move, maybe it has something in Pokémon canon that's type changes depending on the terrain, like Hidden Power, or personality, like Ancient Power. Or I could combine our previous suggestions and create a new move called Board Bash or something related to the idea of surfing. Hang Ten, Polar Plunge, and Paddle might also make good move names. Question is, would the move be water-type like surf or some other type?
If you mean hang ten as in the surfboard move (I had to search it) then that would probably be a normal type move, Polar plunge probably water type, and paddle might be water as well.
Although, maybe, it might be possible to do something similar to urshifu's Surging Strikes combined with Tri attack.
Board Bash (Power 35, PP 5)
A move that hits three times. The first hit may cause poison, the second confusion, and the third paralysis

First the platypus will rake the target with claws, then will smack them upside the head with the board, before finally just straight up running at them with it.

Board Bash (Power 35, PP 5)
A move that hits three times. The first hit may cause poison, the second confusion, and the third paralysis

First the platypus will rake the target with claws, then will smack them upside the head with the board, before finally just straight up running at them with it.
Oooo! You know, I like that. I like that a lot. Mind if I steal that?

You're SUPPOSED to, Ms. Pryce. It is your thread to help YOUR idea.
I'm spit balling for your benefit.
Oh that's right! :D

Well, thank you very much. My fan Pokédex is really coming together. I even added and updated a few things.

If you're interested in seeing anything else, I have a short list of names I'm planning on using to fill out the Eeveelution line, a Pokémon based on Medusa, and two water type starters, one monkey the other a tiger, which I am debating on secondary typings for. Of course, if you're bored I can always bother someone else. ;)

Oh that's right! :D

Well, thank you very much. My fan Pokédex is really coming together. I even added and updated a few things.

If you're interested in seeing anything else, I have a short list of names I'm planning on using to fill out the Eeveelution line, a Pokémon based on Medusa, and two water type starters, one monkey the other a tiger, which I am debating on secondary typings for. Of course, if you're bored I can always bother someone else. ;)
It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to bore me on the subject of Pokemon and fan regions.
If you want to shoot ideas at me, feel free anytime.
But that eeveelution thing...I want to hear about it. And the medusa concept is cool sounding. A dragon type? A rock type, maybe? I am intrigued...
Tell me everything you feel like throwing at me! I'm not in any roleplays yet anyway so this is a nice diversion.

And the medusa concept is cool sounding. A dragon type? A rock type, maybe? I am intrigued...
:-O
How did you know? Heres my Medusa Pokémon:

Petrina→Delusa or Gorgeon (Rock-Water/Dragon Type) “The Gorgon Pokémon”
  1. Petrina: a child-sized Pokémon resembling a young girl. Some believe it is a relative of Ralts line, and for good reason. This pure Rock-type has a skirt and a "head dress" that resembles Kirlia's "hair".
  2. Delusa: Evolves when given a Water Stone. This Pokémon resembles a mermaid in the closest sense of the word. A fish tail from the waist down, a shell-like mid-section, and curly long hair form one attractive Pokémon, but be careful! Delusa is said to lure it’s victims into the water so it can drown them.
  3. Gorgeon: Evolves while holding Dragon Scale. This Pokémon’s beautific face is half-hidden by a mess of serpent-like hair. It’s body is snake-like from the waist down. It is said that if a trainer looks into this Pokémon’s eyes he or she will turn into stone. However, some claim that only those with a special bond with the Pokémon will be able to resist it’s curse.
    1. Signature Move: Petrify = changes opponents’ type to Rock-type and 20% chance of Paralysis
    2. Ability: Piercing Gaze = lowers foe’s accuracy

As for my Eeveelutions, here is the current roster. (PS: Feel free to vote on or suggest a different name if you like).

1. Toxiceon (Poison Type) “The Toxin Pokémon”
    1. A purple Eevee evolution with green eyes and the appearance of dripping acid. It slings toxic goo from the end of its tail, and its glands secrete poison. It evolves from an Eevee that levels up near a Tar Pit.
  2. Spectreon [Others have suggested Skeleon or Eidoleon] (Ghost Type) “The Apparition Pokémon”
    1. This Eevee evolution has soft purple fur and mist-like flames on its head, neck, and tail. It has mist green eyes and a matching “jewel” on its neck and forehead. Its forelegs are manacled with translucent chains dangling from them. The green symbol around both eyes resembles “the eye of Ra” from ancient Egypt. Evolves from an Eevee with high friendship that knows the move Shadow Ball.
  3. Obisideon (Rock Type) “The Sharp Stone Pokémon”
    1. A shiny black Eevee evolution with rock-like protuberances on its body. Its ears and tail are sharp, like splitten chunks of obsidian, which contrast with its overall smooth appearance. It evolves from an Eevee when given a Sharp Stone.
  4. Aveon (Flying Type) “The Cloud-Winged Pokémon”
    1. In many ways, this Eevee evolution resembles a cloud. It is white, fluffy, and has a puffy cloud-swirl tail. Its tiny angelic wings enable it to fly. It evolves from an Eevee that receives a Porous Stone.
  5. Insecteon [Others have suggested Buzzeon or Bumbleon] (Bug Type) “The Buzzing Pokémon”
    1. Insecteon resembles a cross between Eevee and a killer wasp. Its ears are folded over to resemble antennae. Its body is mostly ebon with one yellow stripe on its ears and legs and three around its midsection. Unlike a wasp, however, this Eeeve evolution has two pairs of wings and a long tail with a stinger at the end. It evolves from an Eevee that levels up while holding an Insect Husk.
  6. Paleon (Ground Type) “The Shifting Sand Pokémon”
    1. A white-sand-colored Eevee evolution with black eyes and a long tail shaped like an Egyptian crook. It wears a white pith helmet with holes at the top for its ears to poke out of. Evolves from an Eevee that levels up while holding a Rare Bone.
  7. Brawleon (Fighting Type) “The Fleet-footed Pokémon”
    1. A rust-colored Eevee evolution with black eyes and boxing wraps around its ankles and waist. It has a star-shaped “scar” around its left eye and a tail that resembles two strips of hand wrap. Evolves from an Eevee with high friendship that knows the move Double Kick.
  8. Battaleon [Originally Metaleon] (Steel Type) “The Ironclad Pokémon”
    1. This Eevee evolution looks much like Eevee except it is rounder and smoother. It is two tones of gray, fully metal-clad, and has livid steel-colored eyes. Evolves from an Eevee while holding Steel Coat or a Klasp Husk obtained from the laboratory in Coronet City.
  9. Drakeon (Dragon Type) “The Little Dragon Pokémon”
    1. A dark-green Eevee evolution with dragon-like spines down its forehead to the tip of its tail. It has a light-colored underbelly, flat ears, and a spade-tipped tail. The ears resemble dragon wings. Curiously, Drakeon has no wings of its own. Evolves from an Eevee that levels up while holding a Dragon Scale.

Also, I'm glad your into fan regions! Most of the people I talk to on here don't seem that interested. I think they're fun and a creative challenge.

:-O
How did you know? Heres my Medusa Pokémon:

Petrina→Delusa or Gorgeon (Rock-Water/Dragon Type) “The Gorgon Pokémon”
  1. Petrina: a child-sized Pokémon resembling a young girl. Some believe it is a relative of Ralts line, and for good reason. This pure Rock-type has a skirt and a "head dress" that resembles Kirlia's "hair".
  2. Delusa: Evolves when given a Water Stone. This Pokémon resembles a mermaid in the closest sense of the word. A fish tail from the waist down, a shell-like mid-section, and curly long hair form one attractive Pokémon, but be careful! Delusa is said to lure it’s victims into the water so it can drown them.
  3. Gorgeon: Evolves while holding Dragon Scale. This Pokémon’s beautific face is half-hidden by a mess of serpent-like hair. It’s body is snake-like from the waist down. It is said that if a trainer looks into this Pokémon’s eyes he or she will turn into stone. However, some claim that only those with a special bond with the Pokémon will be able to resist it’s curse.
    1. Signature Move: Petrify = changes opponents’ type to Rock-type and 20% chance of Paralysis
    2. Ability: Piercing Gaze = lowers foe’s accuracy

As for my Eeveelutions, here is the current roster. (PS: Feel free to vote on or suggest a different name if you like).

1. Toxiceon (Poison Type) “The Toxin Pokémon”
    1. A purple Eevee evolution with green eyes and the appearance of dripping acid. It slings toxic goo from the end of its tail, and its glands secrete poison. It evolves from an Eevee that levels up near a Tar Pit.
  2. Spectreon [Others have suggested Skeleon or Eidoleon] (Ghost Type) “The Apparition Pokémon”
    1. This Eevee evolution has soft purple fur and mist-like flames on its head, neck, and tail. It has mist green eyes and a matching “jewel” on its neck and forehead. Its forelegs are manacled with translucent chains dangling from them. The green symbol around both eyes resembles “the eye of Ra” from ancient Egypt. Evolves from an Eevee with high friendship that knows the move Shadow Ball.
  3. Obisideon (Rock Type) “The Sharp Stone Pokémon”
    1. A shiny black Eevee evolution with rock-like protuberances on its body. Its ears and tail are sharp, like splitten chunks of obsidian, which contrast with its overall smooth appearance. It evolves from an Eevee when given a Sharp Stone.
  4. Aveon (Flying Type) “The Cloud-Winged Pokémon”
    1. In many ways, this Eevee evolution resembles a cloud. It is white, fluffy, and has a puffy cloud-swirl tail. Its tiny angelic wings enable it to fly. It evolves from an Eevee that receives a Porous Stone.
  5. Insecteon [Others have suggested Buzzeon or Bumbleon] (Bug Type) “The Buzzing Pokémon”
    1. Insecteon resembles a cross between Eevee and a killer wasp. Its ears are folded over to resemble antennae. Its body is mostly ebon with one yellow stripe on its ears and legs and three around its midsection. Unlike a wasp, however, this Eeeve evolution has two pairs of wings and a long tail with a stinger at the end. It evolves from an Eevee that levels up while holding an Insect Husk.
  6. Paleon (Ground Type) “The Shifting Sand Pokémon”
    1. A white-sand-colored Eevee evolution with black eyes and a long tail shaped like an Egyptian crook. It wears a white pith helmet with holes at the top for its ears to poke out of. Evolves from an Eevee that levels up while holding a Rare Bone.
  7. Brawleon (Fighting Type) “The Fleet-footed Pokémon”
    1. A rust-colored Eevee evolution with black eyes and boxing wraps around its ankles and waist. It has a star-shaped “scar” around its left eye and a tail that resembles two strips of hand wrap. Evolves from an Eevee with high friendship that knows the move Double Kick.
  8. Battaleon [Originally Metaleon] (Steel Type) “The Ironclad Pokémon”
    1. This Eevee evolution looks much like Eevee except it is rounder and smoother. It is two tones of gray, fully metal-clad, and has livid steel-colored eyes. Evolves from an Eevee while holding Steel Coat or a Klasp Husk obtained from the laboratory in Coronet City.
  9. Drakeon (Dragon Type) “The Little Dragon Pokémon”
    1. A dark-green Eevee evolution with dragon-like spines down its forehead to the tip of its tail. It has a light-colored underbelly, flat ears, and a spade-tipped tail. The ears resemble dragon wings. Curiously, Drakeon has no wings of its own. Evolves from an Eevee that levels up while holding a Dragon Scale.

Also, I'm glad your into fan regions! Most of the people I talk to on here don't seem that interested. I think they're fun and a creative challenge.
All very good ideas, and I don't know why people wouldn't like fan regions. I made one myself once, but it isn't based off any area and it's really just an excuse to use my fakemon for something. And the fakemon are also an excuse to use my ability ideas. I like coming up with abilities so much I have to carry around a pen or I lose the good ideas I have during the day.

All very good ideas, and I don't know why people wouldn't like fan regions. I made one myself once, but it isn't based off any area and it's really just an excuse to use my fakemon for something. And the fakemon are also an excuse to use my ability ideas. I like coming up with abilities so much I have to carry around a pen or I lose the good ideas I have during the day.

Oh cool! Do you have any fakemon that you consider your favorite, or favorites there of? If so, I'd love to see them. I also like coming up with abilities. Doing them for my legendary Pokémon was certainly the most fun. And I can totally relate. I always need to have something handy in the event that I get an idea.

I also came up with Event Pokémon, a fairly recent innovation. They were mostly a joke, the idea was, in the game version, these Pokémon could be obtained on April First (April Fools Day! Get it?)

Event Pokémon 1: Gibberlet→Gobbledygook (Ground-Flying-type) “The Turkey Pokémon” Males have feather "beards" on their chests. Females do not. At one time, they were considered a delicacy and nearly hunted to extinction.
Event Pokémon 2: Flapdoodle (Normal Type) “The Painter Pokémon” - Smeargle’s evolution. Bigger with a large beret and longer tail. Carries a paint palette which enhances the power of its moves. Splashes of paint may appear on its chest and fingertips when it is totally immersed in its work.

If you can't tell by now, I enjoy coming up with puns. :)

And the fakemon are also an excuse to use my ability ideas. I like coming up with abilities so much I have to carry around a pen or I lose the good ideas I have during the day.
Talking of abilities, if you'd like I could use suggestions for two of my legendaries. They're based on two monsters in Homer's Odyssey. I'll post their descriptions in case you want to take a shot at them some time.

1. Kharabyss (Dark-Rock Type) “The Fissure Pokémon”
    1. Description: A Kraken-like animal with iron-gray skin that resembles cooling lava. Its beak contains two rows of rotating teeth, and its eyes are made of fire with a thin black slit down the middle. It its Divine Form, Kharabyss is emits clouds of black smoke.
    2. Signature Move: Tectonic Shift = Earthquake + Rock Slide. The ground splits open and swallows the opponent whole. Deals 2x the damage if the opponent used Dig.
    3. Ability: ???
  2. Priscylla (Fairy-Dragon [or maybe I should change that to Fairy-Steel] Type) “The Glutton Pokémon”
    1. Description: A vaguely maiden-like creature with six snakes attached to her waist. Each “snake” has a dog-like head and no eyes. Priscylla’s torso is coated in bronze armor-like scales. Her long tail resembles an eel or a fish, and her eyes are a pair of citrine sunglasses. In its Divine Form, Priscylla carries a golden trident.
    2. Signature Moves: River Enchantment = sends a wave of fairy water at multiple targets. Serpent Strike = hits the target 3-5 times.
    3. Ability: ???

Oh cool! Do you have any fakemon that you consider your favorite, or favorites there of? If so, I'd love to see them. I also like coming up with abilities. Doing them for my legendary Pokémon was certainly the most fun. And I can totally relate. I always need to have something handy in the event that I get an idea.
HMM. I don't really remember names but there was this huge crab/pirate thing I saw four years ago that stuck with me for some reason...
And the turkey XD I just can't-
Right. Well, I do have a few favorite creations of my OWN that I love.
Killer Canopy
A paradox pokemon based off Sunflora
Introduced as 'Killer Canopy' in an illicit magazine, it supposably is responsible for the extinction of many prehistoric flowers
It's based off the idea that trees in the jungle fight over sunlight, so this massive sunflora has a long neck to rise above other plants. It looks like one of those tall floor lamps with a flower-shaped head and vicious teeth.

Stayed tuned for legendary opinion

Killer Canopy
A paradox pokemon based off Sunflora
Introduced as 'Killer Canopy' in an illicit magazine, it supposably is responsible for the extinction of many prehistoric flowers
It's based off the idea that trees in the jungle fight over sunlight, so this massive sunflora has a long neck to rise above other plants. It looks like one of those tall floor lamps with a flower-shaped head and vicious teeth.
Ooh! I like that. Especially that name. Killer Canopy. Perfect!
I've seen my fair share of paradox fakemon, but I would love to see someone do that design. Love the lore too. Seems like a perfect inspiration for a paradox Pokémon.

Right. The only Homer I know is simpson so let me try my best. Please stand by...
I assume Kharabyss is based off the Kraken? MAYBE???
So how about a few ideas;
Tectonic Abyss
All Pokemon who use dig take double the turns to charge
Killing Sand
Activate a 'Desert condition' on switch in. It combines the effects of sandstorm and sunny day, except that even rock, steel, and ground types will take damage.

For that fairy type...Let me think...
Auspicious Aura
Immune to intimidate, glare, and moves of that like. Furthermore, those moves are reflected back onto the user.

Right. The only Homer I know is simpson so let me try my best. Please stand by...
I assume Kharabyss is based off the Kraken? MAYBE???
So how about a few ideas;
Tectonic Abyss
All Pokemon who use dig take double the turns to charge
Killing Sand
Activate a 'Desert condition' on switch in. It combines the effects of sandstorm and sunny day, except that even rock, steel, and ground types will take damage.

For that fairy type...Let me think...
Auspicious Aura
Immune to intimidate, glare, and moves of that like. Furthermore, those moves are reflected back onto the user.
Oh, no problem. You don't need to know greek mythology to understand these Pokémon. Kharabyss is based of of a Kraken. It's name comes from Charybdis (a ship eating whirlpool) + Abyss. Priscylla comes from Pristine + Scylla (a greek female monster similar to the hydra) and its name sounds like Priscilla, a girls name.

I like your ideas, though I may make some slight modifications. Auspicious Aura sounds like a perfect ability name. I think I'll keep it as is, where it is immune to stat changes and reflects those changes back at the user. Tectonic Abyss sounds a little too similar to Kharabyss's signature move Tectonic Shift, however, I think a version of Killing Sand would work. I don't know if other legendaries have abilities that cause them damage, but it might be a good way to balance the Sandstorm-Sunny day combo now that I think about it.

Oh, no problem. You don't need to know greek mythology to understand these Pokémon. Kharabyss is based of of a Kraken. It's name comes from Charybdis (a ship eating whirlpool) + Abyss. Priscylla comes from Pristine + Scylla (a greek female monster similar to the hydra) and its name sounds like Priscilla, a girls name.

I like your ideas, though I may make some slight modifications. Auspicious Aura sounds like a perfect ability name. I think I'll keep it as is, where it is immune to stat changes and reflects those changes back at the user. Tectonic Abyss sounds a little too similar to Kharabyss's signature move Tectonic Shift, however, I think a version of Killing Sand would work. I don't know if other legendaries have abilities that cause them damage, but it might be a good way to balance the Sandstorm-Sunny day combo now that I think about it.
Yeeaahhh your right.
Although I think maybe you misunderstood Auspicious Aura a tad.
It reflects the effects of any move similar to intimidate. Any status move involving methods of intimidation or trickery (intimidation, glare, growl, tail whip, ect.), wooing (cute charm, attract), or any sort of move or ability that prevents switch out (arena trap, shadow tag, ect.) is negated and instead affects the user of that move and or ability. It does not cover moves like thunder wave or tickle, because they do not fit into any of the above list's.
It is basically a lower form of Magic bounce, which does what you said; nullifies status moves and reflects them back on the user.

Yeeaahhh your right.
Although I think maybe you misunderstood Auspicious Aura a tad.
It reflects the effects of any move similar to intimidate. Any status move involving methods of intimidation or trickery (intimidation, glare, growl, tail whip, ect.), wooing (cute charm, attract), or any sort of move or ability that prevents switch out (arena trap, shadow tag, ect.) is negated and instead affects the user of that move and or ability. It does not cover moves like thunder wave or tickle, because they do not fit into any of the above list's.
It is basically a lower form of Magic bounce, which does what you said; nullifies status moves and reflects them back on the user.
Oh! I see. My apologies. Yeah, I like your idea better.

When it comes to fan creation I tend to be better at moves than abilities. For instance, my third legendary Cartiluge the Whale Skeleton Pokémon has one of my favorite moves:

Cartiluge (Ghost-Water Type) “The Rattling Bones Pokémon”
  1. A massive aquatic creature resembling a southern right whale skeleton surrounded by a spectral aura. It is based on the alleged Bakekujira of Japan. In its Divine Form, Cartiluge is a huge, translucent whale skeleton surrounded by a field of spectral energy.
  2. Signature Move: Soul Possession = Causes the target to attack its allies for five turns or until it faints in battle. Only Pokémon with the ability Unify are immune to this attack. (Type Status, Accuracy 85, PP 5)
  3. Ability: Clear Body or Levitate
But as you can see, its abilities are nothing original.

1. A massive aquatic creature resembling a southern right whale skeleton surrounded by a spectral aura. It is based on the alleged Bakekujira of Japan. In its Divine Form, Cartiluge is a huge, translucent whale skeleton surrounded by a field of spectral energy.
  2. Signature Move: Soul Possession = Causes the target to attack its allies for five turns or until it faints in battle. Only Pokémon with the ability Unify are immune to this attack. (Type Status, Accuracy 85, PP 5)
  3. Ability: Clear Body or Levitate
Oh my. Not too terribly applicable in singles but I can only imagine the implications this would have in doubles.
Imagine! Your own ace, perfectly trained Charizard, tearing your own perfectly crafted team into pieces! This appeals to my dramatic side.
Another of my favorites:

Pidraxy
Type: Dragon/Fairy
Appearance: A dragon-like entity with no legs, and a long tail that ends as a light whisp in place of it. It's belly is plated with pink scales, and it's face is known to elicit terror in small children.
Pokedex Entry:
Despite this Pokemon's rather distressing appearance, it is actually quite timid and will usually back down if stood up to.
Ability: Loneliness: Upon an ally Pokemon fainting, retreat off field. Also, cannot suffer status conditions when an ally Pokemon is in play.

Pidraxy
Type: Dragon/Fairy
Appearance: A dragon-like entity with no legs, and a long tail that ends as a light whisp in place of it. It's belly is plated with pink scales, and it's face is known to elicit terror in small children.
Pokedex Entry:
Despite this Pokemon's rather distressing appearance, it is actually quite timid and will usually back down if stood up to.
Ability: Loneliness: Upon an ally Pokemon fainting, retreat off field. Also, cannot suffer status conditions when an ally Pokemon is in play.
Sounds like a perfect mix of traditional dragons and fairies. Yours also sounds like it would not be recommended for single battles, but I love the concept.
Oh my. Not too terribly applicable in singles but I can only imagine the implications this would have in doubles.
Imagine! Your own ace, perfectly trained Charizard, tearing your own perfectly crafted team into pieces! This appeals to my dramatic side.
Another of my favorites:
I too enjoy appealing to my dramatic side. You are right that Soul Possession would be useless in single battle format. I thought about changing it so that single opponents would be forced to use their moves on themselves for five turns, but I don't know if that's necessary. The way the move is set up makes it perfect if this was a game where the player character and their rival took on the Legendary Boss together, and it gives those hardcore fans more of a challenge. But it also balances this Pokémon out so, if they decide to go competitive, Cartiluge is not too OP.

My absolute favorite fan creation would have to be Ouroboa since I came up with it on my own. No beta design or fakemon fan art inspiration (at least not at first). My friends helped me work out the design a little, but it hasn't changed too much from how I originally intended.

1. Klasp: A tin-colored snake with layered scales that stick out like plates. It spends all of its time hibernating and biting its tail. To evolve, Klasp wraps itself around another Pokémon’s wrist, ankle, or tail to swipe exp. pts.
    1. Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon is considered a parasite by many. Though it usually binds itself to a Pokémon, stories have been told of unsuspecting humans putting on the Klasp, believing that it was just a metal bracelet.
  2. Ouroboa: A massive draconic serpent prone to biting its tail. Most believe this habit was acquired from its time as a Klasp. However, some speculate that this behavior allows a current of energy to flow through Ouroboa’s body. Ouroboa has chrome-like skin, inspiring the nickname “Rainbow Serpent”.
    1. Pokédex Entry: According to legend, this Pokémon draws power from its host. In return, the host is repaid with a boon protection as well as a mysterious new ability.
  3. Signature Move: Ardor Bombardment = Target is blasted with a beam of pure energy. The type of this move depends on the Pokémon’s held item. (Type Normal, Category Physical, Power 100, Accuracy 100, PP 5)
  4. Ability: Unity = Grants the Pokémon immunity to Soul Possession and similar abilities designed to influence the Pokémon's mind, soul, or emotions. Upon evolution, this ability becomes the Hidden Ability of Ouroboa's host.

Sounds like a perfect mix of traditional dragons and fairies. Yours also sounds like it would not be recommended for single battles, but I love the concept.

I too enjoy appealing to my dramatic side. You are right that Soul Possession would be useless in single battle format. I thought about changing it so that single opponents would be forced to use their moves on themselves for five turns, but I don't know if that's necessary. The way the move is set up makes it perfect if this was a game where the player character and their rival took on the Legendary Boss together, and it gives those hardcore fans more of a challenge. But it also balances this Pokémon out so, if they decide to go competitive, Cartiluge is not too OP.
Oh, cool. But don't change it. Soul Possession is already OP enough to debate about banning it in any theoretical tournament, even if legends are allowed. With it, battles basically turn to 3 on 1
My absolute favorite fan creation would have to be Ouroboa since I came up with it on my own. No beta design or fakemon fan art inspiration (at least not at first). My friends helped me work out the design a little, but it hasn't changed too much from how I originally intended.

1. Ability: Unity = Grants the Pokémon immunity to Soul Possession and similar abilities designed to influence the Pokémon's mind, soul, or emotions. Upon evolution, this ability becomes the Hidden Ability of Ouroboa's host.
This is also pretty cool. But I'm not sure I understand the ability. Does Ouroboa cling to another pokemon like tatsugiri does? Is that how it evolves, or...?

Oh, cool. But don't change it. Soul Possession is already OP enough to debate about banning it in any theoretical tournament, even if legends are allowed. With it, battles basically turn to 3 on 1

This is also pretty cool. But I'm not sure I understand the ability. Does Ouroboa cling to another pokemon like tatsugiri does? Is that how it evolves, or...?
Okay! Good point. I'll keep Soul Possession as is.

As for Ouroboa, the idea was that it would essentially be a Pokémon's Held Item for the first half of its evolutionary cycle. During this time, the Host Pokémon would take longer to level up than it normally would. Once the host Pokémon reaches a certain level or has leveled up a certain number of times, the trainer would have to leave an empty spot in their roster, like people do to get Shedninja, and they would receive Ouroboa. The Host Pokémon will then level up at normal speed, gain the hidden ability Unity, and receive Ouroboa's husk---a Held Item that powers up Steel-type Moves and can change Ardor Bombardment to a Steel Type attack. Klasp essentially clings to its host like a bracelet. Does that answer your question or should I explain better?

Soul Possession is already OP enough to debate about banning it in any theoretical tournament, even if legends are allowed. With it, battles basically turn to 3 on 1
Oh! I just remembered. There is another fakemon in my Pokédex that was designed to balance Soul Possession.

#53 Spriuff—>Cerbark—>Cerberoar (Ghost-Dark Type) “The Underworld Pokémon”
  1. Spriuff: A spectral puppy wearing a skull over the top part of its head. The back half of its body has no legs. Instead, it ends in a whip-like point. The white strip on its two front ankles is meant to resemble manacles.
  2. Cerbark: This spectral hound sports two pairs of legs, a second head, and shackles around its legs. Its howl is said to bring death.
  3. Cerberoar: Spiruff’s final evolution sports yet another head, with red eyes and dawning the familiar skull mask. Each neck sports a chain-like collar and shackles around its feet. Its fur is midnight black and its tail resembles a scythe. Its Divine Form is made of black smoke with red glowing eyes.
  4. Signature Move: Curse Breaker = Lifts the effects of Curse or Soul Possession on an ally.
  5. Ability: Eternal Night = Pokémon creates dark terrain for 3-5 turns, powering up Dark-type moves and blotting out the sun to raise evasiveness.
I feel like need to make Curse Breaker more useful somehow, like maybe it grants an ally immunity to Ghost-type moves? I don't want to overpower Cerberoar, however. I feel like I can get away with that in Legendary Pokémon, but Cerberoar is Psuedo-legendary at best.

Oh! I just remembered. There is another fakemon in my Pokédex that was designed to balance Soul Possession.

#53 Spriuff—>Cerbark—>Cerberoar (Ghost-Dark Type) “The Underworld Pokémon”
  1. Spriuff: A spectral puppy wearing a skull over the top part of its head. The back half of its body has no legs. Instead, it ends in a whip-like point. The white strip on its two front ankles is meant to resemble manacles.
  2. Cerbark: This spectral hound sports two pairs of legs, a second head, and shackles around its legs. Its howl is said to bring death.
  3. Cerberoar: Spiruff’s final evolution sports yet another head, with red eyes and dawning the familiar skull mask. Each neck sports a chain-like collar and shackles around its feet. Its fur is midnight black and its tail resembles a scythe. Its Divine Form is made of black smoke with red glowing eyes.
  4. Signature Move: Curse Breaker = Lifts the effects of Curse or Soul Possession on an ally.
  5. Ability: Eternal Night = Pokémon creates dark terrain for 3-5 turns, powering up Dark-type moves and blotting out the sun to raise evasiveness.
I feel like need to make Curse Breaker more useful somehow, like maybe it grants an ally immunity to Ghost-type moves? I don't want to overpower Cerberoar, however. I feel like I can get away with that in Legendary Pokémon, but Cerberoar is Psuedo-legendary at best.
Ahhh I see.
Well, how about increasing the range of its effects?
Curse Breaker
Lifts the effect's of action restricting moves (such as torment, taunt, embargo, ect.) and the effects of Curse and Soul Possession if used on ally Pokemon or self, and is always super effective vs. opponent Pokemon who know these moves.

Ahhh I see.
Well, how about increasing the range of its effects?
Curse Breaker
Lifts the effect's of action restricting moves (such as torment, taunt, embargo, ect.) and the effects of Curse and Soul Possession if used on ally Pokemon or self, and is always super effective vs. opponent Pokemon who know these moves.
I love it! Thanks.