• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

I take sprite requests

I take sprite requests. I just like editing sprites but I need requests. This is an example of what I can do: Darkrator (Darkrai + Feraligatr).png
My DeviantArt: https://chaosneia.deviantart.com/ (ChaosNeia on DeviantArt)

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Keep in mind that according to our rules, use of custom sprites made by other people in sprite edits is prohibited and that there is no official 2D sprite of Midnight Lycanroc available - so unless the Midnight Lycanroc elements are sprited 100% from scratch that could be a problem.

Keep in mind that according to our rules, use of custom sprites made by other people in sprite edits is prohibited and that there is no official 2D sprite of Midnight Lycanroc available - so unless the Midnight Lycanroc elements are sprited 100% from scratch that could be a problem.
What if I copy some parts pixel by pixel? Am I allowed to do that? Just asking, I wanna do things right

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Nope. A pixel-by-pixel trace of another person's custom sprite is still stealing. We do not allow that for art, and we do not allow that for pixel art.

You COULD "trace" official art or a model from the games (i.e. something that isn't already pixel art) to create a custom sprite, but in that case you're doing all the lining/coloring/shading pixel work yourself. Keep in mind that this applies to official art/models/whatever used as a base for pixel art only. Pixellizing another person's fan art without permission/attribution/whatever is still stealing and will be handled as such. ^^

Nope. A pixel-by-pixel trace of another person's custom sprite is still stealing. We do not allow that for art, and we do not allow that for pixel art.

You COULD "trace" official art or a model from the games (i.e. something that isn't already pixel art) to create a custom sprite, but in that case you're doing all the lining/coloring/shading pixel work yourself. Keep in mind that this applies to official art/models/whatever used as a base for pixel art only. Pixellizing another person's fan art without permission/attribution/whatever is still stealing and will be handled as such. ^^
OK thanks. So if I ask the author the permission I need, will I be allowed to use his sprite for my fusions?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Again, no. We only make exceptions for free-to-use bases that have been made specifically for the purpose of being used and edited by others - and even so, one needs to link to the original base as it was posted by its original creator providing sufficient proof that this is the purpose of said base.

In other words, you're better off sticking to either doing sprites from scratch or using gen 1-5 sprites (inclusive) for your edits.

Again, no. We only make exceptions for free-to-use bases that have been made specifically for the purpose of being used and edited by others - and even so, one needs to link to the original base as it was posted by its original creator providing sufficient proof that this is the purpose of said base.

In other words, you're better off sticking to either doing sprites from scratch or using gen 1-5 sprites (inclusive) for your edits.
Ok. Thanks for replying, I won't bother you anymore. I'll stick with the rules of this forum.

Could I maybe get a sprite of
closed___shiny_midnight_zoroark_lycanroc_ota_by_pokeponeadopts-daryoga.png
?
They're a shiny Zoroark and Midnight Lycanroc fusion
as you can read I can't use any Lycanroc sprite. However, I can try to recreate the Lycanroc's parts I need using sprites that come from gen 1 to 5. Is it ok for you?

do you still take sprite requests?
I do! However, not big ones. Like, if you have 3 fakemons in mind I will do them eventually, but don't ask for like 100 recolors of basic sprites like someone did in the past! I don't have THAT much time. I even tried to do that but it is just too boring

Hi. I am making a Pokemon fan game with my little team. We are making some custom alolan forms(we r calling shells forms)
We have done many sprites. Originally made by A devianartist called DevilDMan. We are converting his alolan forms.
Can u make this one for us. We are really struck at this.
FMgcJiC.jpg

An example of our sprites we will be implementing in the game. This one was ade by me. It's for an example (canvas size - 160X160, pixel size- 2x2)
JfEqRTb.jpg

I do! However, not big ones. Like, if you have 3 fakemons in mind I will do them eventually, but don't ask for like 100 recolors of basic sprites like someone did in the past! I don't have THAT much time. I even tried to do that but it is just too boring
i was hoping for one of my pokemon trainer

Attachments

• Jasper.jpg
    Jasper.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Jasper bac.jpg
    Jasper bac.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 66
Hi. I am making a Pokemon fan game with my little team. We are making some custom alolan forms(we r calling shells forms)
We have done many sprites. Originally made by A devianartist called DevilDMan. We are converting his alolan forms.
Can u make this one for us. We are really struck at this.
FMgcJiC.jpg

An example of our sprites we will be implementing in the game. This one was ade by me. It's for an example (canvas size - 160X160, pixel size- 2x2)
JfEqRTb.jpg
I really like it! It will take a great amount of time since I'm not that active, but i definitely wanna try to sprite that. However there are many things that are meh in the drawing. It is epic and all, don't get me wrong, but many particles are asymmetrical or illogical. I'll do my best (ps: if I don't finish it I am sorry in advance, but I'll try)

Last edited:
I think it's pretty obvious at this point, but I'll write it anyway: I have started uni and my schedule is too condensed to take requests.