• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

If You Were a Gym Leader

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Mwahahahahaha!! Let the fun begin! >:D

Gym Theme: Survival of the Fittest. Basically, if you can't reach the Gym Leader, you aren't worthy to challenge him.

Gym type: Any and all

Gym set-up: 5 floors of mazes littered with trainers, traps, and HM obsticles. A trainer guards the staircase to the next floor. There are two stair cases on the 3rd floor leading to two different towers. It doesn't matter which tower you choose as they are miror images of eachother. On the fifth floor, no matter which tower you're in, there is a door leading outside to a bridge where the Gym Leader resides. Naturally there is a guardian at the door. Once defeated the guard says "Congradulations! You have proven yourself worthy of challenging our leader. You must be tired after such a long endevour to get here. Allow me to heal your Pokemon. Our leader likes his opponents at their best when they face him. Now go!"

Gym Leader: Brian

Pokemon:
Axel the golden Infernape (best)
Last 5 Randomly chosen from whatever else Brian owns

Introduction: "Welcome! You must be very powerful to have made it this far. I'd rather we skip the talking so come! Show me what you've got!"

Qutes per loss:
Defeat none of Brian's Pokemon: "You're pathetic! Get the fuck out!"
Defeat 1: "Let the fun begin!"
Defeat 2: "That was a nice warm up!"
Defeat 3: "Not bad! I'm starting to enjoy this!"
Defeat 4: "What power!"
Defeat 5: "Come Axel! It's your turn!"
Victory: *maniacal laughter* I can't believe this. I lost. You have earned my respect. Here, take this badge. What? No! You're not getting a TM! Now be gone!"

Prizes: Money and the Survival Badge

EDIT: Just for the pupose of epicness I would play my combat/murder playlist

Gym Theme: ANNIHILATION

Gym Type: Freestyle, but mostly Dark

Location: Hell! Not really, probably Dusk City, a town in one of my fics

Gym Set-Up: Like Dewford Gym, where it is dark. But there's also a labyrinth(yes, labyrinth, not maze) With Trainers at every wrong turn. The Gym itself is 3 floors, with the Labyrinth getting more difficult with each floor that is cleared. Once the third is clear, Troy awaits! As Troy would say, "Darkness is never satiated. Time for you to join the shadows!"

Pokemon:
Absollean(only in made-up land) otherwise/Absol
Houndrane(joins Absollean)/Houndoom
Weavile
Darpyrvon(goes with other 2)/Alakazam(counters Fighting Types)
Salamence(Pwns)
and...Arcanine(I like him)

Like what Psycho Monkey did:
Defeat 0: "I am darkness made flesh."
Defeat 1: "You've taken the first step, but can you continue?"
Defeat 2: "I hope you're ready."
Defeat 3: "Shadows...awaken."
Defeat 4: "Shadows...encase."
Defeat 5: "Failure..."
Defeat all: "..."
Prizes: Money, TM 76: Dark Pulse, Havoc Badge

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Yes, Shiny's obsessed with this thread. NOW SHADDUP YEW. Yeah, so anyways...

Gym Theme: Musics Aspects of humanities

Gym Setup: The gym has 5 rooms, not including the 1st room that you enter and the gym leader's room. Anyways, after you go through the door in the first room, there's a little block in the wall opposite of the door you just entered in the next room. That block has this rhythm thing written on it. You have to knock on the block according to the rhythm; doesn't matter about the speed. If you knocked correctly, the block turns into a door, and you can go into the next room. Incorrect, and you have to battle a trainer. The next room has a question that asks you which of the following is the correctly written D major scale. Block turns into door, go through door, in "puzzle" room 3. This room contains a memory game. It plays you a short excerpt from one of Bach's Minuets, then you have to choose which of the choices is the correct excerpt. Next room tests you on how well you know your music theory. 5th room... you have to correctly sight-read some sheet music given to you from any of the instruments laying on the ground. Yes, I'm mean that way. XD

Pokemon:
Chimecho (BELLS!)
Lanturn (The little light is like a reading lamp. XD)*
Mr. Mime (It's a Mime, dang it. XD)
Slowking (Intelligence ftw)
Smeargle (A wittle painter for the team)
Kirlia ('cause she looks like a dancer. ^^)

Prize: Chingling* and the pseudo Hua Badge* (The sound "hua4" can be for drawing or speach, while "Hua1" is usually flower in mandarin Chinese.)

*Possible to change

EDIT: So changing this to the aspects of humanities (like literature, drama, arts, dance, and philosophy, plus music) theme instead of just music. But the setup stays the same. >:D

P

Pokepok

Gym theme: Dark, Fire and Steel

Gym Leader: Shobu

Gym Setup: The gym has a lot of smoke which blocks your vision. It has about 20 rooms, all on one floor. The setup is like a maze. Shobu is at the very back of the gym. So, obviously, you will have to find your way to him by going through the maze in ZERO visiblity. And yes, if you take a wrong turn, then you will have to face a trainer.

Pokemon:

Rapidash/50
Houndoom/51
Magneton/51
Weavile/52
Metagross/53
Lucario/54

Prizes: MoltenSteelReleasesSmoke Badge and Gyro Ball TM. If you defeat all of Shobu's pokemon with only one of yours, then you also get a prize Cleffa.

Theme: Computer Tech

Main Types: Electric and Normal

Location: New Cinnabar Island (Because the old one was destroyed by a volcano and Blaine permanently moved to the Seafoam Islands)

Setup: When you first walk into the gym, all you see is a gridded floor and the gym leader, Dann. Dann explains that the entire gym is inside a virtual sim and he asks you to step onto the grid. When you do, the scenery changes to look like you're inside some sort of computer world. (Think "Tron.") Dann explains that there's a slight bug in the system, but he leaves it be and walks to the other side of the very large room with various trainers scattered about. What this "bug" is, is it makes you're controls switch every 10 seconds. So you may accidentally end up walking right into a sim-trainer when trying to get to Dann.

Dann's Pokemon (All in the mid-30's range)
Rotom
Porygon2
Magneton
Rotom (Cut forme)
Porygon Z

Prizes: Tech Badge. TM 24 "Thunderbolt"

(Another one that is totally uncharacteristic of me, so that's why I'm not the leader for this Gym)

Type: Ice (See why?)

Location: Some rural location on Mt. Coronet. For killers, there's deep snow EVERYWHERE.

Setup: It's pretty hard to find, due the fact of the caves leading to it are a fucking labyrinth, and only one exit leads to it. Once you finally get out of the caves, there's several miles of deep snow you have to walk through. (Givin all the complaints of snow, this'll kill you.) And the path is small and so rural, that wild pokemon practically rule the area outside of it. So after a while, you finally spot the gym. It's about two stories high, (there is no second floor. It's just a really tall building) and completely white. Once you go in, the enviroment dramatically chages.

The inside is completely coated with ice: walls, ceiling, floor. Everything. On the floor are about twent or so ice skaters, all of them skating across the ice. You have to get across the ice to the door on the other side of the room, but if you bump against someone or someone bum rushes you, you have to battle them; if you bump into a couple are a pair of twins it's a double battle. And sometimes the floor randomly caves in if you go on a patch of ice that's too thin and you stay on it for two long. The floor cracks twice before caving in and if you're still on it, you get dumped into some caves.

Once you actually get past them and go through the door, there's another ice hallway, although this is a stardard gym hallway, trainers hiding behind any oblect that can conceal them and leaping out to corner ambush you. At the end of this hallway, there's a guard standing outside of the door, telling you very rudely to go away. If you talk to him/her again, he/she gets irritated and challenges you to a battle. Btw, he/she had a Mamoswine that will fuck you up. Whe n you beat him/her, he/she gets even more irritated, and gives you his/her card to get into the gym leader's room if you'll just leave him/her alone. (God knows why I haven't fired that person already...)

Then like always, the gym leader, Aisubara, is sitting on a throne. Quite an impressive one carved from ice. (For some reason the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe flashes in my mind. XD)

Pokemon:

Glaceon
Lapras (Because they are so awesome. And they can learn Thunderbolt. ^^)
Jynx
Delibird
Weavile
REGIICE (I jest I jest. lol It's actually Froslass.)

Quotes per loss:

Defeat 0: "Hah! What weakness!"
Defeat 1: "Not bad, not bad. Try this one!"
Defeat 2: "Interesting..."
Defeat 3 "Freeze bastard."
Defeat 4: "What? NO!"
Defeat 5: "Face the onslaught of ice and snow."
Defeat 6: "......*lunatic giggle* It appears my ice had melted before your attacks. Now here, take these and get the hell out."

Prizes: Hyousetsu Badge, a Blizzard and Hail TM

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I enjoy the puns on most Pokemon gym leaders' names, and whenever I've answered topics like this in the past I've always had one certain idea... If this profile is in any way, shape, or form like a previous poster's, it is purely coincidence and I did not intend to rip anyone off (at least, not one of our members. Various RPGs on the other hand... XD)

Edit: Whoops. This guy certainly isn't me, so I guess I kinda missed the original point of this thread. My bad, but I'm not revamping it now ^^;

Gym Leader's Name: Dustin

Gym Theme: Ground-type Pokemon

Location: Somewhere in the Orre desert, probably near the Out Post. It wouldn't be licensed, but he'd still run it for kicks and tough challengers.

Gym setup: Since Pokemon battles in Orre are fought purely of double battles, Dustin's gym makes a point to focus on single matches only (just to be different). This would be an interesting change to anyone from the region since they'd be forced to adapt and make new strategies.

The set-up of his gym might remind people of a particular RPG… or possibly several. When you first walk in you'll be greeted by your average "Hey, Champ in the making!" kind of fellow who'll give challengers are quick run-down on the gym, its leader, and how you actually reach him. Beyond that guy are two large, sand-whirlpool like holes, and between them sits a single sign that reads "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" with a tiny scribble at the bottom in brackets "(Just kidding.)".

Basically - as challengers will be instructed upon entering - the sand whirlpools are like quicksand. You can't see through them, so you don't know what's below (classic RPG dungeon-styled). One path leads you to a bare room with simply three more holes to choose from. The other drops you down onto a battle field, forcing the challenger to duke it out with one of the random gym trainers. Because patterns are fun, the number of holes to choose between increases by one each time you drop down, and each time only one of them will lead you to a safe zone - the rest ALL have trainers eager to kick your ass (or so they claim xp). There are 9 levels to the gym, counting the first entrance area and the final large room that Dustin awaits in (as you can guess, all holes from the 8th level end up in the same final room with the gym leader).

Dustin is a laid-back, yet determined type of guy. When you first meet him he'll generally crack a joke about his needlessly complicated gym set-up, praise trainers for having the courage to take that initial plunge into the unknown, and remind them that he specializes in single-battles. He welcomes all challengers and asks that they give it their all, yet have fun while doing so. His reasoning for specializing in Ground-type Pokemon is that they don't just live on this earth - they control it. Instead letting the world get in their way, they carve their own path straight through it. It reflects how he lives his own life.

Gym Team:
- Nidoking - His opening Pokemon for its versatility and hardiness.
- Steelix - A Pokemon who's easy to take down with the right types, yet can still be a beast.
- Quagsire - The classic Water/Ground-type, and one of the more land-able ones.
- Camerupt - A nice counter for any Grass-types who'd previously been out against Quagsire.
- Torterra/Gliscor* - See note below.
- Flygon - His final and most powerful Pokemon, just because it's awesome and I like it more than Garchomp.

*I debated using Swampert instead of Quagsire yet chose Quagsire in the end simply because it's not a starter-type Pokemon. A similar problem arises with Torterra, which I love as a Pokemon, has an interesting type (one that isn‘t overused like Water/Ground), and really think would suit Dustin as a trainer. For people who are as iffy about seeing gym leaders with starters as much as I am, Gliscor could be a nice substitute. And yet, so would Mamoswine or Claydoll…

Prizes for Winning: Since his gym wouldn't be part of a standard league, it would instead focus on usable prizes within the Orre region. Winning trainers would be awarded prize money, an Earth Power TM (yes, Earth Power, because I can XP), and a commemorative badge (that basically looks like a jagged cliff-edge) to prove you'd conquered the gym, which could also act as an invitation to allow trainers to enter a special tournament at the Orre Colosseum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gym Theme:
I want my gym to be all confusing and everything metal. Steel type gym.

Gym setup :
OK so you start off at mountRush looking for my gym but my gym is hidden inside Mt.RushMore and i hardly get challenges becasue only dedicated explorers will find my gym. Then "if" you manage you find the opening then you will encounter a tunnel filld with steelix, magnezone, and golem. Once you make it to the end of the tunnel you will encounter a Mamoswine that will try to stomp on you but you must make it by and if you do you be in a room completly made of metal. Like a metal box, and you must solve the puzzle by fitting the unknown pieces into the shape of a bastiodon. Once you make it pass there, youll see a nurse joy to heal up becasue you probably have little life if you make it to me. Then continuing on to the next room shall be me waiting to desrot you with my steel team.

My Gym Team :
-Forretress
-Lucario
-Scizor
-Metagross
-Aggron
-Probopass

Prizes :
My steel badge ; the impact badge. TM 91 (flash cannon) and a good pat on the back ;)

Gym Theme/Type:
The theme for my gym would multi-type.

Gym Name:
Finals Gym

Leader:
Me - Murkwood

Victory Road (so in a cave) - Sinnoh region; on a lake.

Gym Setup:
The gym would be in a lake on a island in the center of a lake. The gym itself would be dome shaped, half above land, half under. The above water half would be the lobby, featuring a hotel, restaurant, Poke Center and Poke Mart (trainers are free to stay as long as one month to train, free of charge). , the under land half the actual gym. Under land, the gym would be surrounded by water (so basically it's a ball in the water, the lower half's walls made of glass with spotlights showing the under the lake and all of the rare species of Pokemon that live in it). The ground of the gym would simply be a tall grass floor, surrounded by jagged cliffs overlooking the whole gym floor. There is also a small lake in the middle of the gym.
Before battling me, the gym leader, you have to face and defeat five of my Elite trainers.

Gym Team:
Charizard lv.65
Torterra lv.63
Wartortle lv.59
Sandslash lv.57
Sableye lv.69 (because he was my first Pokemon =D)
Nidorino (Male) lv.60

I told you it's to prepare for the Elite Four.
I like to over-prepare (:

This topic is amazing. I've always wanted to play out my little gym fantasy.

Gym Theme / Type:
My gym would most probably be a multi-type gym with a lot of puzzles within it. I'm an absolute puzzle nerd. But if it had to have an absolute type, I really love water- and ice-type Pokemon.

Gym Leader:
Leader Andrew, Pokemon lover and enthusiast, if not a little nerdy.

Gym Location:
I think that I would like to have my gym be in the field of flowers above Floaroma, even if it goes against the preservation of them. I love watching nature, and perhaps I would help to tend to the town and its people.

Gym Setup:
This is a multi-level gym.
Assuming that this gym is placed in the Floaroma meadows (and being an avid puzzle lover), I would have a hedge maze planted/grown around the gym. This maze would be filled with challengers and traps that would hinder you from trying to enter the gym. These trainers would have low-leveled Pokemon as to not hinder those who desire getting the lower-leveled badge. This gym has two badges.

Once inside of the gym, there is a healing center for you to, well, heal your Pokemon and rest. Further back in this room is a pair of doors which explain the rules of the gym and lead to either difficulty level of the gym. The setup of either side is identical. The only difference is the trainer's Pokemon's levels.

As you enter the first area of the gym you are greeted by a small meadow of flowers, a small lake in the middle. In the middle of the lake is an island- all of this is manmade- with a tree in the middle. Under the tree is waiting the first trainer in the gym. It is necessary to defeat all trainers before facing the leader.

As the trainer would approach you, s/he would give you a riddle to solve. If you did not give the correct answer to the riddle, even if you won the battle, you would be removed from the gym. You could not attempt to enter again until the next day. This rule applies for all trainers, including the leader.

After progressing through the first room, the second would be much like a swamp. With muddy, sticky floors and many [poisonous] swamp flowers, you would have to follow a wooden path to a middle platform. Again, you would be given a riddle to solve and the battle would commence. The flowers around the arena could possibly cause your Pokemon to become poisoned.

A set of stairs would lead down to the third room, under the second room, which would have a large pool of muddy water in the middle. Across the gap would be a mechanical bridge and another trainer, which would follow the rule of giving you a riddle and starting the battle. After defeating this trainer, the bridge would activate for you to cross and head into the final room- the leader's room. Either difficulty would lead to the same final room.

The leader's room would be very large, but very simple. A large pool of clear, blue water would be in the middle. Platforms of varying sizes would float atop the pool, and trees and flowers would surround the pool. The leader- me- would ask a difficult riddle and start the battle.

(The idea of the riddle is to test how well you think under pressure.)

Leader's Team
Low-Leveled-
Whiscash - Level 33;
Lanturn - Level 30;
Weavile - Level 30;
Magcargo - Level 29;
Miltank - Level 27;
Duskull - Level 29
High-Leveled
Whiscash - Level 79;
Lanturn - Level 77;
Jynx - Level 78;
Torkoal - Level 75;
Dusclops - Level 75;
Miltank - Level 73

Gym Prizes:
Because this gym has a badge for either difficulty, it also has prizes for either difficulty.
Low-Leveled-
Upper badge - this badge is the upper part of a broken badge. It is bordered in blue and yellow with a Whiscash-like pattern on it. In the middle is what appears to be a red spiral. The badge is shaped like the head of a flower.
Moves - for beating the lower-level rank, you have the opportunity to choose from these TMs or the opportunity for a tutor to teach your Pokemon a single move.
-Rest, Water Pulse, Ice Punch, Acid Armor, Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp
High-Leveled-
Lower badge - this is the missing piece of the upper badge.
Moves - for beating the upper-level rank, you have the opportunity to choose from these TMs or the opportunity for a tutor to teach your Pokemon a single move.
-Earthquake, Ice Beam, Psychic, Toxic, Pain Split, Giga Impact

Extra:
My gym sounds like a pain in the ass.
But you can reap good rewards from it!
What do you think?

Oohh. Cool topic! I wanna join!

Gym Theme/Type:
A Multitype Gym. The 8th one. Featuring my favoo's.

Gym Leader:
Mee,, duhhh. Will or Jayy. I love double battles!

Gym Location:
Well I like islands.. So on an Island. On Hoenn. I luvv Hoenn! Home to the best pokemon.

Gym Setup:
Has many obstacles. You will have to Surf, Rock Smash, Cut, and use Strength to get through. Hehe >:)
Once you get in, you can't go out unless you lose, or win the gym, so heal once before you get in. Some trainers will heal you after you beat them. It also has quizzes like in Blaine's gym. You will need strong pokemon to get through. 4 Trainers, 3 Levels. They have high leveled pokemon, so bring you strongest!
If you loose, you have to move the obstacles again. There will be some double battles.

Leaders Team:
My team will be multitype, based of my favorite pokemon. It will be a double battle. This would be my team:

Absol L.65- Will have many critical hits, watch out!
Espeon L. 65- Will have Sp. Attacks, can also heal itself with Moonlight!
Sandslash L. 64- A Physical fighter, uses a Ground and Rock move. Also Brick Break.
Bannette

P

Psycho Boost

Gym/Theme: Steel

Gym Leader: Myself

Gym Location: Iron Island

Gym Setup: My gym would have seven floors. Floor one to six would have no trainers, instead on each floor would be a lone steel Pokemon with a planned moveset that would have to be beaten in order to progress.(The Pokemon is not catchable and the Pokemon gets harder on each floor and there will be healing item available each time you defeat the Pokemon). Then, on the seventh floor I the gym leader would await your arrival. This gym would be an official yet optional gym with the challenger only being allowed three Pokemon.

Leader's Team:

Empoleon(Focus Sash): Surf, Icebeam, Grass Knot, Agility

Bronzong(Lum Berry): Gyro Ball, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, Hypnosis

Bastiodon(Chesto Berry): Metal Burst, Avalanche, Curse, Rest

Prizes: -Ore Badge
-Prize Money
-Three Zincs.

I'd want to be a mid-to-later gym, so maybe 7th.

Gym: The gym is a standard maze of trees and rocks and such. You just have to find your way to the correct path. Along the way, you'll fight:

Young Couple Romy+Julie
Luvdisc (lv. 29)
Luvdisc (lv. 29)

They run away after you beat them. Further through the maze, you fight them again.

Young Couple Romy+Julie
Nidorino (lv. 30)
Nidorina (lv. 30)

And again.

Young Couple Romy+Julie
Tauros (lv. 31)
Miltank (lv. 31)

And one last time.

Young Couple Romy+Julie
Luvdisc (lv. 29)
Luvdisc (lv. 29)
Nidorino (lv. 30)
Nidorina (lv. 30)
Tauros (lv. 31)
Miltank (lv. 31)

Once you navigate the maze, you find the gym leader.

Gym Leader H.Man
Crawdaunt (lv. 35): Crabhammer, Surf, Crunch, Protect
Kingler (lv. 37): Crabhammer, Mud Shot, Ancientpower, Iron Defense
Sudowoodo (lv. 36): Hammer Arm, Wood Hammer, Earth Power, Rock Slide
Exeggutor (lv. 37): Wood Hammer, Psychic, Giga Drain, Synthesis
Abomasnow (lv. 38): Wood Hammer, Ice Beam, Ingrain, Ice Shard
Rhydon (lv. 39): Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Swords Dance

Reward: Hammer Badge, prize money, TM: Wood Hammer (yes I know it's not a TM)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's a Dark-type one from me, since I like the Dark-type and feel it has been very neglected as far as gyms go:

Gym Theme: Dark

Location: At the end of the Water Labyrinth on Chrono (Five) Island.

Gym Setup: The gym would be, unsurprisingly, pitch black inside. It would be a maze in of itself, with multiple traps similar to the ones used in the underground rigged to fluster and disorient anyone trying to find their way around. A staircase somewhere inside the maze leads to the roof, where the arena sits.

Gym Team:

Murkrow - Pesky Perish Trapper to start things off. Left unevolved to keep the Speed.
Spiritomb - No weaknesses. Yup, that's all.
Weavile - Just because. Standard physical sweeper.
Umbreon - He's the best pure Dark-type you're likely to get. Annoying staller with Sunny Day.
Shiftry - Shiftry is awesome. Thanks to Umbreon having Sunny Day, Shiftry will be even nastier.
Houndoom - Same for this guy. STAB'ed Sunny Day'd Flamethrowers will hurt.

Prizes: The Shadow Badge, and a TM79 (Dark Pulse) as well.

Time for the noob to show his stuff!

its another Dark type because dark is awesome

Gym Theme: Illusion, Technology and Darkness

Gym type: Dark Mainly, with a few suprises in there

Location: The Eclipse Sphere, a sea-based fortress city in the middle of the ocean surrounded by a Hologram. You can only find it by bumping into it ^^

Gym set-up: A, suprise suprise, Multi-Tier style Gym. The Floors are Labyrinthian in style (Original I know) there are however, no exits. All the paths you take lead to dead ends.... or do they? There are a number of fake walls dotted in the solid sides of the Labyrinths that can be simply walked through. There is, however, more than one holographic wall. each one that does not lead to the Teleporter to the next floor, holds a trainer armed with average level Dark pokemon. Each floor gets progressively more complex, the second floor adding fake routes minus the trainer that lead to teleporters that deposit the Trainer outside the Gym with a trainer they have to fight. this happens every time, once they go through a wrong 'porter they will fight him, even if they've been through it before, meaning the trainer can be fought an infinite number of times, untill the gym is beaten (the Trainer has random Average Level Dark Pokemon).
The Next floor adds a bigger labyrinth with more trainer hologram walls and fake teleporters.
The final floor before the Leader adds even more trainer walls and fake teleporters along with traps that give staus effects to the pokemon in first position. Once at the final teleporter, a trainer disguised as the Gym Leader will come out of it and challenge you. Once he is beaten he will say "You possess an unatural ability with your pokemon... I shall heal your pokemon before you face our leader"
The teleporter leads to a pitch black room with glowing neon lines around the walls, though these give no useable light. once the player steps forward a spotlight lights up the center, revealing the Gym leader.

Gym Leader: Kaizer

Pokemon: Since the Place is such a pain to find in the sea's and then even MORE of a pain to get through he has exceedingly high level pokemon. The Gym technically doesn't exist after all, and only Elite 4 Chapions are told of its existence. though not its location, as it moves ;D

Houndoom: Level 72 (Damage dealer with the classic Dark and Fire balanced move set)
Honchcrow: Level 72 (the irritation pokemon. a myriad of status moves and the classic Dark hampering moves)
Sableye: Level 74 (No dark or ghost themed tea is complete without one of these)
Gardevoir: Level 74 (Told you it was suprising!, for anyone that thinks Fighting types will rule)
Weavile: Level 76 (Again for damage and speed, quick hitter with some nice ice moves)
Umbreon: Level 82 (The ultimate Dark type. a Good moveset mix with some good Dark moves and Zap Cannon)

Introduction: "you who has entered this place of torment. I welcome you with all my heart. I... am Kaizer, the leader of this Gym, though you must already know that. Only the best enter this place. Few come out having succeded. I ask you do me the Honour of a battle, Champion... Come... Show me your light!"

Qutes per loss:

Defeat none: Little more than a flicker...
Defeat 1: Your light is weak...
Defeat 2: you are but A Candle in the Darkness
Defeat 3: Light cannot last forever... you have proved that...
Defeat 4: A Worthy attempt...
Defeat 5: Darkness prevailed after all...
Victory: You have Done well -Trainers Name here- ...you are indeed worthy of the title 'champion' ...your Light has banished the darkness... Take this as proof of your acheivement -Gives badge and TM- ...I hope too see you here again soon lightbringer...

Prizes: Umbra Badge which increases all the stats of Pokemon by 10% and The TM's Dark Pulse and Psychic

EDIT: Thanks to Jet for reminding me that Zap Cannon cannot be learnt by Umbreon from Gen III Onwards as it doesn't Exist in said generations ^^; (Thanks for the Reminder)

So instead the Umbreon will Know Psychic, just to keep any more Fighting types at Bay

Of course you realize that Umbreon hasn't been able to learn Zap Cannon since Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

So for the 4th Generation, Umbreon can't learn Zap Cannon.

Of course you realize that Umbreon hasn't been able to learn Zap Cannon since Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

So for the 4th Generation, Umbreon can't learn Zap Cannon.

Yeah... But I like to remember how awesome Zap Cannon was when My Silver one Had it...

Hmm... Now I just need to think of an equally cool, equally unexpected Trump move for it...

Gym Theme/Type: Water

Gym Name: Pacifidlog Gym

Leader: Sashi (My RP character)

Location: In Pacifidlog town, on an extra large platforn in the middle of town

Gym Setup: You walk around on floating platforms, much like the case in Pacifidlog town. You have to find buttons, hidden under beachballs, to raise and lower the water to be able to reach different platforms to get through. Some beachballs are behind or infront of trainers. All trainers use mid 40 leveled water type pokemon. Once you get to the end, You walk onto a tube and the current will bring you to the leader.

Leader's greeting: So, you've reached me. Welcome to Pacifidlog Gym. As you may have guessed, I am Sashi, and I use water-types. Now that you're here, you'll have to face me. Let's see how strong you swim against the current.

Gym Team:
Empoleon- Level 50- Mystic Water
Sharpedo- Level 51- Splash Plate
Wailord- Level 53- Quick Claw

Prizes:
Tear Badge
HM- Surf
TM- Hydro Pump

Gym Theme/Type: Ice/Psychic.

Gym Name: Chandelier Gym

Gym Setup: Hidden palace-like structure composed of ice full of mirrors and illusions. Won't go into too many details.

Gym Team: Jynx, Espeon, Froslass (Just to mix up the psychic with a bit of ghost)

Prizes: Chandelier Badge and Avalanche

Gym/Theme: Dark

Gym Leader: Joseph

Gym Location:  Anti-Pallet town, Anti-Kanto ( the places have anti cause its in the oppisate of our world. to get to the anti-world, you need to go through a portal where girintina was in sinnoh and then you will be in anti kanto. )

Gym Setup: The gym as tripwires that attract trainers when steped on. it's hard to tell where they are because the gym is so dark not even the move flash can light it up. there are also trick floors that when you go on one, you fall to the floor that was under that. There are also buttons you have to press to advance. You have to be carful cause some buttons are fake and attract trainers. the trainers are very powerful, so if you lose against one you will be put in the anti- hoenn region. you will have to find your way back. if you lose against me, i get to take one pokemon from you of MY choice. i'm also a member of the elite four when you get that far. My battle rules are 4 on 4 and no swiching. I'm the fourth member of the E4 and 8th gym..
Leader's Team: Shadow lugia Lv. 60
                      Houndoom Lv. 55
                      Garchomp Lv. 65
                      Dark ? type Arceus Lv. 70

E4 member team: Shadow lugia Lv. 80
                        Dark ? type arceus Lv. 85
                        Garchomp Lv. 90
                          Spiritomb Lv. 90
                            Darkrai Lv. 100

Prizes: - A baby lugia
          Max elixer
            Shadow potion
          Max revive
          TM Shadow ball
          TM Dark void
        Anti- shadow badge

anyway.

Gym theme:puzzles, Binary

Gym type:Dragon

Location:Dragonite V, the last of four identicle units, a flying fortress built by mossdeep space centre as a test of their constructive capeabilities, it soars hidden high above Mt Silver, waiting for a worthy challenger.

Gym Setup:a multi tier style layout, each floor contains a different binary puzzle like the ones in the Regi's chambers exept made of metal, once the puzzle has been solved the middle pannel of the floor glows, stepping on this will transport the player to the next room, once the rooms have been conquered you are teleported to a special chamber which appears empty until the player presses the button infront of him/her, the back wall of the chamber slides open, Raquaza'a call is then heard as it fly's through the gap with the gym leader on it's head, he then jumps off and Raquaza settles behind him.(in this game Sky pillar has been demolished)

Gym leader:Virgil

Pokemon:this gym has high level pokemon, seeing as you can only get to it when you have beaten the elite four,this gym has no trainers in it to make life easier but at a cost, this is the only gym that has a legendary pokemon in the team.

Dragonair:level 72(no dragon team can not have one of this family)
Flygon:level 72(the addition of ground moves helps it)
Salamance:level 74(a good dragon that learns strong moves)
Charmeleon:level 74(this takes care of those pesky ice types)
Garchomp:level 76(again a strong dragon with strong moves)
Raquaza:level 82(his prise pokemon, always the last one sent out)

Introduction:"i see you have located my humble abode, and completed my tests. you should be afraid, for you are about to face the most powerful trainer in the world, Virgil! the Dragon master! you were foolish to challenge me, for even the mighty Raquaza is at my command, all shall fall, for i am INDESTRUCTABLE!!!

Quotes per loss:

defeat none:"i told you,No one should challenge me..."
defeat one:"my theory is correct"
defeat two:"my dragons stand strong!"
defeat three:"you showed some skill kid, but not enough..."
Defeat four:"you had the upper hand but you were smited!"
on last pokemon:"this-this cannot be...i am....i am..."
defeat five:"your streak is crushed by the power of Dragon's"
victory:"What! how, how did you...you are truly strong trainer...I...I think this is the first time I have ever been beaten...here, take your prize...and...I think he will be better with you...care for him well...

Prizes:

Scale badge which ups the stats of dragond by 15%,TM's Dragon claw and Eruption and Raquaza transferred to your PC.

I think you mean brail, not binary. Binary is the 01100011010011101110001101001 stuff. Brail is what's in the Regi-chambers. And the edit button is your friend....

Let's see, my gym would be...

Gym "Theme": Colors

Type: Water

Location: On an island in the middle of a lake, like Wallace's gym in R/S/E

Gym setup: The red room, then blue room, then green room, and finally, the gym leader's room. It's kind of like another R/S/E gym, where you had to unlock the next door by fighting Trainers.

Leader: Missy, my RPG character

My Gym Team: Lv. 50 Vaporeon, Lv. 49 Squirtle, Lv. 48 Piplup

Prizes!: Of course the Splash Badge... and the Water Pulse TM.

C

Celadon

Gym Theme: Spooky trees!
Type: Dark and grass

Gym Leader: Celadon

Setup: The gym is actually a green house so it has a whole maze of trees. You encounter a lot of random bug pokemon even though there is not any grass. No Gym trainers.

Pokemon:It is a double battle!!
Lv. 50 Umbreon and Lv. 50 Leafeon

Prizes: The Dark Forest badge and two TMs : Night slash and Leaf blade

Gym type: Dragon, obviously.

Gym Leader: Nicolas

Location: Just past the E4 building, through a door in the Hall of Fame place.

Setup: Right at the minute you enter these dudes come up to you and proclaim to "test your pokemon" resulting in a double battle of death! If you beat them, you get sent into the next room. If you step on any of the various trap tiles, either a plume of lava shoots up and burns all your pokemon, a wave of poison flows over you and poisons all your pokemon (people are gonna curse at me for that), or it spins and spins and gives your pokemon PERMANENT (until you go to a pokecenter) confusion (no paralysis tiles because confusion is better!). In the next room, you will see a line of angry trainers who are waiting to battle me. If you try to push past them, they will all exclaim "HEY! What's the big idea" and will all battle you, one by one. If you defeat them all, you go into the next room, where I reside. I'll let you heal up, because I want you to be a challenge.

Pokemon:
Dragonite Lv.83
Charizard Lv.84
Garchomp Lv.86
Glaceon Lv.83
Salamence Lv.89
Rayquaza Lv.90

If you do not defeat me, I say "Ha Ha Ha, I am invincible!"
If you beat me, I say "What? You little... Here! Take the damn badge, you little asshole!"

Prize: Ultimate Badge, with Draco Meteor TM, Dragon Claw TM, Dragon Pulse TM, and a Lv. 5 Dratini in your PC.

Gym Theme/Type: Steel, Fighting, Dark... DefensiveOffense :3

Gym Leader: Joe

Setup:
It would be a physical struggle to get to the leader..

Rock Climbs, Walls to be smashed by pokes etc.
With Trainers waiting to knock you down at every hurdle:

Trainer 1:
Machoke
Primeape
Steelix
Magneton

Trainer 2:
Machamp
Lucario
Toxicroak

Trainer 3:
Riolu
Tyrogue
Sneasel
Machoke
Meditite
Carvanha

Trainer 4:
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop

Leader Pokemon:

Weavile
Bastiodon
Heracross
Mawile
Machamp
Jirachi (Always out last, Prize Pokemon)

Prizes:

Beast Badge. TM Focus Punch and TM Metal Claw

Gym Theme/Type: Grass

Gym Name: Blade Gym

Leader: Ria (RP)

Location: Hidden in a large tree in the middle of Eterna Forest

Gym Setup: When you enter, you're in a small square that's clear. Everywhere else, there is tall grass growing on every square inch of ground. There are invisible walls in the grass, too, so you hav eto find your way around those. Trainers in here use mid 50 leveled grass and bug pokemon. The leader's room is at the end of the maze. When you walk in, there is just short grass. The leader stands on a platform in the middle of the room, one tree on each side of the platform.

Leader's greeting: Why, hello. It's been a while since I've seen a trainer who made it through. I can see that you have quite a fighting spirit. I must warn you, I am much stronger than the trainers that you have just seen. So, are you ready?

Winning quote: I warned you, didn't I? You seemed like a worthy opponent, but I must have been wrong. Come back when you're ready to fight again.

Loosing Quote: Wow. That was a wonderful battle. Thank you for showing me your skills. Here is the Fleur Badge. You have earned it.

Gym Team:
Leafeon- Lv. 59- Meadow Plate-
Watch out for: Sunny day+ Solar Beam

Shiftry- Lv. 58- Scope Lens
Watch out for: Scope Lens + Leaf Blade

Vileplume- Lv. 59- Metronome
Watch out for: Metronome + Bullet Seed

Meganium- Lv. 60- Rose Incense
Watch of for- Rose Incense + Frenzy Plant

Prizes-
Fleur Badge
Tm- Solar Beam
Tm- Leaf Blade

I'd just do Flora Suthar's Gym to be honest, as I'm not much of a battler.

Gym Theme: Mixed/Normal Types
Gym Name: Olmstead Gym
Gym Location: On the corner of Korma Street and The High Street, Olmstead City (fan city, region unknown)
Gym Leader: Flora Suthar

Flora's Team:
Typically it changes every-so-often, but she often uses Kail (a Togekiss) and Sārű (a Lopunny). She also has a Shedinja called Karas who never battles and a Chatot called Simon who spies around for her (though not all the time). Her Pokemon are most likely level equivalent to 60-65. Here, the first three:

Kail - Lvl 63 Togekiss
Causes paralysis and flinching.

Sārű - Lvl 62 Lopunny
Very agile and enjoys causes high damage.

Delta - Lvl 61 Salamence
Has a tendency to sit on his opponents.

Gym Setup:
The entrance is a long corridor draped with curtains along all walls. At the far end is a large mural and one curtain drawn back, showing a door in the corner. Your first task is to get to the door. Each step you take has the chance of causing one of the Gym's student trainers to appear. The number of trainers you face can vary between 3 and 6. If you are especially unlucky you may face Honey Suthar, the Gym Leader's younger sister, or Hot Ice, a fierce Dragon Tamer who is just as sadistic as Flora.
Once you get to the door, you enter the Gym's battle pitch. Flora stands atop a podium, in front of a statue of Shiva. As soon as you enter, she will start her dialogue, so be careful.

Dialogue:
On Facing Hot Ice: Well well, what have we here? A little thing like you is going to try their might against Destroyer? She'll get mad if I let sub-par trainers through,so let's see what you've got.
On Beating Hot Ice (and being beaten by her): How... disappointing.

On Facing Honey: Hmm? Aren't you cute? Sadly it's my job to weed out the weak.
On Beating Honey: Damn, too many treats and not enough training.
On Being Beaten by Honey: You need some more practice.

On Facing Flora: You kept me waiting long enough. I thought you'd run away scared. Let's get on with this, you're wasting time.
On Beating Flora: How very surprising. You're not the little prick I thought you were.
On Being Beaten by Flora: Go scrub the floors.

Prizes:
The Serpent Badge. Shaped like the torque that Flora wears the Serpent Badge reflects the wearer's achievement of having met the Destroyer and coming out with their pride intact.

TM04 - Calm Mind

If you beat Hot Ice: A random egg
If you beat Honey: A random scarf

On leaving the Gym you can sign up again in the Book, which will allow you to fight the trainers and Flora again. You can only win the prizes once however. Naturally, the Book is hidden, but the Gym becomes fully explorable after beating Flora.

(This could probably use more detail, but I hate typing on laptops, so maybe later.)

Edit: The prizes from Honey and Hot Ice are mutually exlcusive, though battling them isn't. When I say 'random' for eggs I mean random. Tough luck if you get a Bidoof and your mate gets a Gible. The scarves will be similar, ranging from beauty aides to battling aides. Moan about it and you'll be cleaning the Gym from top to bottom.
To sign yourself up in the Book, you have to beat Flora, but don't worry, her team is flexible.
Are there random items in the Gym? No. Though you may inspect the occasional book if you're lucky (not to be confused with the Book).
Why Calm Mind? Because it's funny.

Gym "Theme"
I would have a Dragon type gym with a Space theme

It would Replace Volkner's gym in Sunnyshore City (cuz it'd be much better)

Gym setup
OK, well you walk up exactly 14 steps to the front entrance. The entrance would be two large glass doors with all the planets carved in, except pluto. And then they would be opened by my Blaziken and he'd welcome you to my gym. So then you'd see a long hall way with doors. The objective is to find the four keys in the doors to open the big door at the end of the hallway. If the door doesnt have a key in it, it'll have a trainer with a lvl 70 Salamance and a lvl 76 Flygon. And then when you get all four keys, you can battle me.

My Gym Team

Rayquaza (Shiny)
lvl. 78
Dragon Pluse, Spacial Rend, Ice Beam, Hyper Beam

Palkia
lvl. 81
Spacial Rend, Aura Sphere, Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail

Empoleon
lvl. 73
Hydro Pump, Meteor Mash, Grass Knot, Surf

Giratina
lvl. 86
Shadow Ball, Fire Blast, Spacial Rend, Dragon Dance

Upon Victory
Rend Badge - allows you to use waterfall and all Pokemon obey you.
TM 93 Spacial Rend
Cherish Ball

Cody, its braille, XP
Triforce, that isn't a gym really, as no leader has legendaries >>

Warning, I tend to get carried away with these topics XD

I General
~~~~~~~

[m] = Male
[f] = Female
[m/f] = Either gender
[-] = No Gender

Gym Types
Dark and Ghost Pokemon

Gym Location:
The room that holds Unowns "!" and Unown "?"
Only viewable after obtaining National 'Dex

Gym Setup
One huge, dark, maze cave. On entry, a man gives you a "defeat card" key item, only usable in this gym

You see more of the cave by defeating trainers and 2 "special" pokemon. The pokemon are uncatchable. Some pokemon appear, and you can not run. For each pokemon you defeat, you get one point on your "defeat card" which can be exchanged for much needed items, because if you leave, the gym resets itself.

II Pokemon
~~~~~~~
Special Pokemon
Lv 60 Espeon [f] Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Hidden Power (Fighting)
Lv 60 Gallade [m] Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Drain Punch

Other random Pokemon encounters
Pokemon range from levels 35-59
Umbreon [m/f]
Espeon [m/f]
Eevee (XD) [m/f]
Glaceon [m/f]
Leafon [m/f]
Jolteon [m/f]
Vaporeon [m/f]
Flareon [m/f]

III Items sold at the Gym "Markets"
~~~~~~~

Half of the Defeat points are saved when you leave.
Defeat points = DP

Hyper Potion 5 DP
PP UP 5 DP
Elixer 5 DP
Max Elixer 7 DP
Max Repel 6 DP

IV Trainers
~~~~~~~

Male Ace Trainer Royce
Lv 60 Gengar [m] Dark Pulse, Psychic, Hypnosis, Focus Blast

Before battle
"..."
Wins
"Tough Luck, -trainer's name-"
Defeated
"Darn..."

Hex Maniac Jessica (yeah I know the trainer class was only in R/S/E)
Lv 56 Banette [m] Will-O-Wisp, Sucker Punch, Grudge, Embargo
Lv 56 Banette [f] Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak, Confuse Ray, Giga Impact

Before Battle:
"Aha! I have forseen you challenging me, but who wins is shouded by the shadows of Fate..."
Wins
"The smoke clears, and I win..."
Defeated
"I could not, I would not, factor in the possibility you would win..."

Lass Anabeth

Lv 58 Houndoom [m]  Flamethrower, Faint Attack, Sunny Day, Solar Beam
Lv 60 Dusknoir [m] Shadow Punch, Payback, Brick Break, Earthquake
Lv 56 Shuppet [m] Screech, Shadow Sneak, Will-O-Wisp, Curse

Before Battle
"Face the power of my night pokemon! Bring it!"
Wins
"Yes! My night pokemon conquer all!"
Defeated
"No, no no no no!"

V Gym Leader
~~~~~~~
Gym Leader
Cari Farrow

Quotes
before battle:
"Hello there -trainer name-, my name is Cari, and if you haven't realized, I'm a lover of the shadows. I love throwing surprises at my challengers, as you saw earlier. Now, I'll show you that I don't hide behind petty tricks!"

# pokemon defeated, but lost the match:
# = 0:"You weren't strong enough..."
# = 1:"Hrm, you are getting there..."
# = 2:"Pfft! that was it?!"
# = 3:"We'll see how you turn out..."
# = 4:"You are shaping up well -trainer's name-, but not good enough!"
# = 5:"So close, but not enough!"

# pokemon left, during battle, including one in battle:
# = 6:"Well, let's get this started!" (Battle Start)
# = 5:"Well, well, let's see..."
# = 4:"Let's see how you deal with this!"
# = 3:"What to do, what to do..."
# = 2:"My, my, this is getting interesting..."
# = 1:"Let's end this! Here and now, -trainer's name!" (Last pokemon)

After defeat:
"Well, well, you are quite good yourself... Takes this Sombra badge, and this TM..."

*hands over badge and TM*

"That TM 65, it contains the move Shadow Claw... Sombra is Spanish for Shadow, if memory serves me correct...."

She uses any of these pokemon, six at a time, to confuse challengers.

Pokemon:
Lv 62 Weavile [m] Night Slash, Ice Punch, Crush Claw, Shadow Claw
Lv 63 Mismagius [f] Ominous Wind, Pain Split, Magical Leaf, Charge Beam
Lv 65 Tyranitar [m] Outrage, Stone Edge, Brick Break, Crunch
Lv 67 Absol [m] Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Swords Dance, X-Scissor
Lv 67 Absol [f] Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Shadow Claw
Lv 67 Mightyena [m] Sucker Punch, Iron Tail, Facade, Dig
Lv 68 Sableye [m] Shadow Claw, Poison Jab, Moonlight, Zen Headbutt ( >=D )
Lv 70 Froslass [f] Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Water Pulse

Gym Theme: Mainly Flying but with random types thrown in for fun

Location: Yeah... Some random room in Mt. Moon that everyone would just walk past, get to Cinnabar Island and be told gym got closed down and the new gym leader is in Mt. Moon

Gym Setup: No trainers, finding it'd be hard enough as it'd take Surf, Waterfall, Strength, Rock Smash and then when it gets to the room right before my gym you'd need Cut. In the "last room" (that needs cut) there would be a random statue and when searching the back it'd have a button that when pushed would cause the hidden platform rise up and into a small enclosed space. The tp of Mt. Moon would open and my gym which is just a huge platform with other elevated platforms would rise up into the clouds where helicoptors would be on stand-by with cameras to send the feed to everyone in the 4 regions. The wind would be horrid.

My Gym Team:
Gliscor
Aerodactyl
Skarmony
Charizard (all four would have and use Roost semi-often)
Gallade
Sableye

Prizes!: Any trainer that wins would recieve the Acro Badge (Acro for height) and TM 51 (Roost)

Gym Location: Hidden in Mt. Coronet
Gym type: Dark (Because they don't have any dark type gyms in the game)
Pokemon: Houndoom Moves: Dark Pulse Flamethrower, Taunt, Double Team
Weavile Moves: Snatch, Avalanche, Shadow Claw, Dark Pulse
Honchkrow Moves: Fly, Dark Pulse, Protect, Embargo
Mighteyena Moves: Dark Pulse, Toxic, Torment, Theif
Spiritomb Moves: Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Protect, Ominus Wind
Crawdaunt Moves: Crabhammer, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Taunt

Reward: Darkness Badge and Tm Dark Pulse (because it's my pokemon main move)

Gym Theme: Dark & Ghost

Gym Location: Deep inside the Spear Pillar.

Gym Setup: You walk through the main door and your Rival will run out screaming that he finally got the Gym Badge, and how it was then you walk through into the stadium it is pitch black the lights go on and there is Trainer #1 Johnny, when you win the lights turn off you walk pretty far the lights turn on Trainer #2 Claire, and when you win the lights go off you walk so far then the lights go off again and you see me I say: "Welcome "Your Name" I am the Gym Leader here in the Spear Pillar if you still want to fight me then bring it on"

Pokemon: Gengar: Payback, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Dream Eater
Weavile: False Swipe, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Snatch
Dusclops: Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Mean Look, Dark Pulse
Rotom: Thunder, Shadow Ball, Charge, Shock Wave
Spiritomb: Shadow Ball, Rest, Sleep Talk, Dark Pulse
Frosslass: Shadow Ball, Blizzard, Shadow Claw, Ice Beam

After the fight "Hmmm that was a close fight well as it says in the rule
book I must award you with the Shadow Badge, and the Tm Shadow Ball, good luck in the rest of your life

Gym Theme: Fire & Ice

Gym Location: I'd replace the gym leader of Snowpoint City

Gym Setup: The outside would be a castle made of thick ice with torches all around. The inside would have 3 rooms. First room: typical ice room so people get annoyed sliding on the ice trying to get to the door. ;D Second Room: based on fire with a giant spinning wheel in the center. the wheel spins around and if you touch it the first pokemon in your party gets burned. Third room: the room where I am, just a pathway lined with torches and ice pillars.

Gym Team:
Houndoom (annoying nasty plot, substitute combo)
Blaziken (to get rid of rock types)
Magmar (awesome pokemon)
Froslass (good speed)
Glaceon (annoying wish+protect combo, good sp atk)
Abomasnow (switch to when opponent sends out water type)

Prizes: TM Blizzard, TM Fire Blast, Combo badge

Jim(just joking :p)Gym Theme:fire and fighting

Gym Setup:No gimmicks,just a straight up walk in and fight.

Gym Pokemon:Blazeken
Infernape
Machamp
Gallade
Charizard
Magmortar

Rewards:Blazing Knuckle badge +TM-Fire Punch and TM Hi Jump Kick(way it's spelled in game)

Gym Theme: Flying/Dark

Gym Location: On a seaside cliff with a sheer drop to the waves 800 feet below, somewhere in the Johto region, preferably on an island.

Gym Setup: Open air battle field, no indoor battles. I feel that a battle would be best with the natural elements all around you.

Gym Pokemon: Scizor- aerial ace, night slash, iron defense, x-scissor
Murkrow- aerial ace, night shade, faint attack, mean look
Umbreon- last resort, moonlight, assurance, confuse ray
Pidgey- air slash, roost, mirror move, twister

Reward: Tradewind Badge, TM aerial ace, random rare pokeball (not master ball)