• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed In The Shadows of the Four

One of the pokeballs on Gao's belt shook. The pokeball opened and out popped an Alolan Sandshrew. "Sandshrew!" Chill said happily. The Alolan Sandshrew cocked her head at her trainer. "Oh, now you pop out. In the middle of a store." Gao said with a sigh. "Sandshrew!" Chill said. Gao finished buying his supplies and headed out to look for the other trainers. Chill and Torch remained by his side, since Gao didn't feel like Chill should return to her pokeball just yet.

Cloud looked at the Cubone, clearly unimpressed. She shrugged him off and looked over at Fang.

Jeff jumped slightly at Niko's hand suddenly shooting out at him, but shakily shook it anyways. Jeff looked up and nodded at Niko's question.

"The more, the merrier, I always say. Name's Harper. It's nice to meet ya, Audrey," Harper introduced herself, chuckling a bit. Looking down to the Rockruff, her smile grew slightly. "Hey there! Nice to meet ya, too, buddy!" Bending down, she used a free hand to pat the dog Pokemon's head. She stood once again, looking back up to Audrey. "Well, I'm gonna go buy these real quick." Harper glanced over to the depleting line before her as she spoke. "I'll see you later!"

She walked up to the counter and purchased her supplies, walking back over to an empty bench so she could try to shove it all into her backpack. As she struggled, she momentarily forgot about her own partner, who was still being a but of an instigator. Seeing as she was too preoccupied at the moment, Albus also ignored Harper, knowing she'd tell him off if she did see him. "Cubone," he breathed out, tiring himself out from his constant motion, and he stopped his bouncing, holding his head as a dizzy spell took over.

Audrey finally got her items purchased and joined Harper at the bench. Her brand new backpack, she had literally just bought it, was big enough to hold everything except the coolers, one of which she could simply sling around her shoulder like a purse. It was basically a glorified lunchbox, but it was big enough to hold a fair bit of food. The other was one that Audrey would have to drag around behind her, but it was pretty big and could hold even more. Jeremy stayed by Audrey's feet, but Blizzard, being the playful one, jumped onto Harper's lap.

Harper was finally able to get everything into her oversized backpack- somehow. Sitting back, she wiped some sweat from her brow, smiling proudly to herself. As Audrey joined her on the bench, she glanced over, allowing her smile to grow a bit. "Hey," she greeted for the second time, a bit breathlessly. How did something as small as trying to shove too much into a bag wear her out that easily, anyway? Well, it didn't really matter, she thought, shrugging to herself.

She lost even more breath as a different, non-shiny Alolan Vulpix pounced onto her lap, happily. Sitting up straight at the sudden contact, Harper's eyes grew wide and she began to breathe heavily in a vain attempt to get her regular breathing pattern back. Once she achieved this, after around a full minute, her smile returned, but it was a bit strained this time. Looking down to the Ice-type, she pet her head, glancing to her little bow for a moment. "And hello to you, too!"

Albus's dizzy spell grew a bit too much to bear, and his small body fell onto the floor, eyes shaped like spirals, as he knocked himself out, more from doing too much too fast than actually getting beat. "Booone..." he drawled out just before he fell unconscious, scarf somehow managing to fall in front of his closed, green eyes.

Harper had no idea. Again, she was a bit too preoccupied at the moment to do so. "Man, I'm psyched for this trip! It'll be like nothing I've ever seen before!" she said to Audrey, eyes closed in glee. "I can only assume it's gonna be amazing!"

Kayla, without hesitating, followed them, as she was very happy no one happened to notice her. She was still shy, but she had overcame it by a bit. Her heart was beating fast though, so it seemed like something scary to her was going to happen. Probably somebody was going to notice her.

Cherry, who was on her shoulder, went inside her backpack to grab more pokepuffs. Kayla was not knowing that, but after a while, she shouted at Cherry saying, "Cherry, please don't do it...OKAY!?"

Oh, no, someone is going to notice me, she thought.

Kathleen bought some books and put them in her bag before heading outside. She noticed the oversized bags first before the girls. "You dont need that much stuff" She commited showing them her own bag, "This is just about how much stuff you need" Hunter looked at the many coolers. "Skid?" He asked confused.

"Better to have too much than have too little," Audrey said. "This way, we'll be prepared at least. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." She looked over at Harper. "Yeah, it'll be like a camping trip!" Jeremy looked up at Audrey. It barked, a little confused. "Come on, Jeremy! There'll be tons of Pokemon for you to challenge yourself with, too. I know how much you like to battle," Audrey added. Jeremy seemed to be at least a little happier.

Harper looked from Audrey to the girl that had just showed up, nodding along with their words. "Yeah, better safe than sorry." As she watched the exchange between Audrey and her Rockruff, her mind whirled back to her own Pokemon partner. Guilt began to eat at her insides as she remembered leaving the poor Cubone in the dust. A quick swear word escaped her lips as she sprung up, now suddenly reinvigorated. "I'll be right back!" she said to the others as she tripped over the bag in front of her feet, running a bit clumsily back to the front door. Back at her starting point, she scanned the entire room, finally noticing the body of her partner laying not very far away from a couple of other Trainers. As quickly as she could, Harper bounded over to him, scooping him up into her arms. Shooting a quick glare in the direction of the two teens that were chatting, she rushed over to the Nurse Joy, handing Albus over to her. Two agonizing minutes passed as she bounced from foot to foot, uncharacteristically full of energy. As soon as the nurse handed the Cubone back over to her, Harper grabbed Albus and held him close. "Oh, Albus! Thank Arceus you're alright! I'm not letting you out of my sight again!" With another quick thanks basically thrown at the nurse, Harper held the Cubone out, giving him a quick once-over. "How did that happen?"

"Cu-Cubone!" Albus replied, squirming in her tight grasp.

"Well, at least you're okay now. C'mon, let's go sit down. I just met someone else that's coming with us on the trip!" Placing the Cubone back on her shoulders, Harper headed back over to Audrey, sitting down in her spot once again. "Sorry about that. Had to grab this little guy before he got into too much trouble, but I guess I was too late." Sweat-dropping, the blue-haired girl chuckled and set her Ground-type partner down next to her, where he looked over to the Alolan Vulpix that sat close by, reaching out in an attempt to pet it, trying to stay in control unlike before.

"What happened?" Audrey asked. Blizzard allowed Harper to pet her, then ran over to the Cubone. It barked in greeting, its bubbly nature showing as usual. Jeremy cocked his head at the new arrival. He had never seen a Cubone before.

"So you're goin', too? Well, Jeff," Niko said, no longer stuttering, "I think we'll be good friends, ya know?"

Aina chirped happily at the fact that Niko made a friend, condescendingly patting his forehead. He huffed in protest but didn't make any action to stop her. Instead, he kept on smiling at Jeff, moving his hand up and down as a sort of awkward handshake. Hey, I'll give myself credit, I finally did it! And I didn't pass out or run away this time! Hah! Handshake aside, I did it!

With an awkward chuckle to match his handshake, Niko felt somewhat satisfied with his actions. "Well, should we go see if there are any supplies we need? I think I'm all set, but... doesn't hurt to check!"

Aina and Niko gave Jeff a close-eyed smile and sat up straight, the water no longer holding their attention captive. This voyage was going to prove to be very... interesting. Fun, exciting, thrilling, yes, but overall... interesting.

Jeff nodded and gently pulled his hand away to rest on its lap. He then quickly stood up and picked up his bag, witch somehow slipped off his shoulder at some point and slung it back over his shoulder. The red that dusted Jeff's face slowly faded away as he felt a bit more comfortable.

Cloud looked up at Jeff with a smile that instantly told anyone what she was saying: Told you so!. She yipped contently and stood up, slowly trotting away from the others.

Fang barked up happily, then raced after Cloud and tackled her, earning a hard bite from her. The two somehow stayed on the floor- rolling- and continued moving forward.

Jeff snickered softly as he paced after his two fighting pokèmon who were sending bites after bites, kicks after kicks and.....headbutts after headbutts.

(Back from Thanksgiving Hiatus! Man Did I miss much?)

"Well it seems like were going to be late, I told you we should have left earlier!" Ahnoah said, looking a bit stressed out. Ahnoah was sent on a mission from a professor in a faraway region. Possibly Jhoto due to it being where he is from, but also a high chance from Kalos due to it being where he lives.

"I wasn't even chosen to have a Pokedex, I was considered unworthy. Now they are sending me to another region for research? All I have is a book, a flute, a Pokegear from Jhoto, some sandwiches, and a Strawberry Cola." Ahnoah said, clearly looking a bit ticked off. Professors have seen him as unworthy for the Pokedex. Ahnoah is known for being somewhat 'Impractical'. He never has his Pokemon in Pokeballs, unless in the most extreme cases. He divides his money among his team too, saying he doesn't deserve much because he doesn't even do any work. Though his team says otherwise and forces him to take some anyways.

"Hey, you forgot your most important assets, us!" Zehriyah said, hoping off the boat. She seemed a bit more cheery than usual, probably from the tropical setting. She has always wanted to take a trip to a tropical island, with her family of course which happened to be Ahnoah and the rest of his team.

"Right, but I didn't really forget. Just forgot to state, I mean that is kind of a given, right?" Ahnoah replied back to Zehriyah, the Zoroark.

"Not really with that kinda mood. It's already an honour that the Professor chose you instead of his dex holders. Maybe it's because he trust us all to survive out in the wilderness. I mean, we kinda did it for around 6 years" Autumn replied. She is normally a Serperior but recently a witch cursed her causing her to become a Snivy. Ahnoah has already gotten her back to a Servine within around a month. Though Autumn seems a bit sad because she hasn't been called out much recently due to her being weak compared to all of Ahnoah's Pokemon. Though she still retained her colour which was close to the colour of fall leaves.

"That wasn't really surviving in the wilderness, that was happening to travel through it. Even then we had roads somewhat, so we knew where we were going." Ahnoah said back to his loyal Servine Autumn.

"Remember the times we got lost, though? Especially when that big blizzard one time. All of you had to gather around me 'cause my big fur and me being a fire type!" Tiberius said back in reply. Tiberius was large, huge in fact. He stood around 8 feet tall, though a bit of it could be just his fur. Tiberius seemed threating, but for the most part was just a friendly giant. But don't try to pick on his family, or he will show you what he can do.

"That was...kinda surviving in the wilderness I guess. Though it wasn't on a scale like this. Apparently, the Island we are going to won't even have service, which is something seems how I have a satellite Gear. I will still have my watch app on it though." Ahnoah said back, to his first Pokemon he had and pretty much his best friend.

"How is a watch going to help? Make sure we sleep on time? I don't really even sleep in the first place, so it's kinda pointless. Regardless, we are going to be suffering for how long our objective is going to take. Better enjoy civilization while we can." replied Reina the Staraptor. She was the more ‘Critical’ one of the group. She always finds a situation horrible. Though she isn’t all bad. Half of the time she is actually quite observant taking into account problems that would present themselves if a task is done a different way. Though she also has a bit of anger issues that cause her to act irrationally.

“Hey, it won’t be all that bad. It’s not like we are going to be alone, I heard there are going to be other trainers.” Ahnoah seemed a bit better now. Not completely better, but at least he doesn’t have the ticked off tone in his voice.

“Other trainers! That means friends to make!” Stardom said, doing her happy skip across the ground, jumping off the boat on land. Stardom was a Sylveon, though her story is a bit interesting. She was never exposed to the Kalos region before she evolved into a Sylveon, so for the longest time, she was a spectacle whenever she was seen. Now, she is just a Sylveon that has ribbons just a bit wider than the average. They were most likely from the fact she was from Jhoto because they resemble the Jhoto dancers Ribbons.

“Well, that is true. What it says here is that they are meeting in the Pokecenter. So everyone lets go!” Ahnoah seemed back to his normal self. His entire team was on the mainland now, including Caesar even though he did not join the conversation. He just went along with the group, kind of hiding behind Tiberius due to the mention of other trainers.

Ahnoah arrived at the Pokecenter where it seemed some trainers have already arrived. Ahnoah thought that maybe other trainers have arrived late as well. He sat down on a bench. He looked at the two fighting Pokemon on the ground, as his team tried to avoid them. Ahnoah clearly seemed out of place. Everyone else seemed so young and there he was, a 26-year-old who was sent by a professor to draw a few Pokemon.

Niko and Aina both stifled a laugh from watching the Pokemon play - or fight, whichever - before looking around for a shop of some kind. Seafolk Village consisted of primarily, if not solely boats, which was quite interesting to Niko, who hailed from Paniola Ranch. After a few moments of searching, Aina and Niko simultaneously spotted an area that looked to be a market or store of some sort. Some trainers from earlier were leaving it. "Alright, Jeff," Niko said, walking a bit faster to catch up to him, "let's go over there!"

Aina and Niko both pointed the market, the latter with a smile on his face. "Hope you brought some money. I have some if you didn't," he said, grinning with both eyes closed.

He had known this kid for moments, but he had still warmed up to him. Aina patted him on the head as a show of pride in him. In response, he patted her gently on the back.

Jeff glanced at the spot and gave Niko a nod. He pulled out what looked like a leaf from his pocket and put it to his lips, then blew on it. A lovely whistle, not too loud, but just right, sounded in the air, making the two rolling pokèmon instantly stop and scatter away from each other. They ran over the Jeff, who was smiling down at them, leaf now back in his pocket. "I'll sing a song later, kits" Jeff said, not even realising that he didn't stutter. Yes, Jeff called Cloud and Fang 'kits' sometimes.

Torch managed to somehow spot Aina before the others. He ran up to her then sat proudly next to Aina. Gao sighed, rolled his eyes, then walked over to the Litten. Chill caught up to the two and sat down next to Gao. "Sandshrew!" she said cheerfully. The Alolan Sandshrew then cocked her head at the bird Pokémon. "Shrew?" Chill questioned.

Blizzard ran next to Chill. She didn't just question the bird Pokemon, she flat-out started pawing at its feathers in a playful fashion. Audrey laughed. "Sorry 'bout Blizzard, she gets a little excited when she sees a new Pokemon," She told the other Trainers. Jeremy rolled his eyes, obviously a little annoyed at his teammate's over-excitement.