• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join It's Showtime! (Pokemon Coordinator College RP)

Jean began walking away from the restaurant in depressed silence, holding Roserade's ball in his hand and trying to figure out how to curve that behavior so it wouldn't happen again. Spritz gave a pity-filled cry. Despite the danger it posed to itself, Petal Dance was Roserade's favorite move. Jean normally called him to stop before he could ever finish his dance, but he knew that never being able to finish performing the way he wanted led to frequent frustration for the Bouquet Pokemon. That, compared with Roserade's rash nature and tendency to be a little quick tempered... well, this wasn't the first time something like this has happened. But it also hasn't happened in a few years as well. Why did this scene have to happen to him in front of so many trainers on the very first day...

Someone was following him, Jean realized. He stopped in the middle of the road, before suddenly turning around, Doublade already unsheathed and pointing at the person following. It was just that blue-haired Miel guy. Breathing a sigh of relief, Jean turned to his Doublade. "Stand down," he commanded, and the Sword Pokemon followed orders. He looked at Miel awkwardly in silence for a moment, unsure exactly of what to say, before averting his eyes to look at the street around him. Jean recognized that the buildings were unfamiliar, and that he had no clue of where he was, or where he was supposed to be heading, for that matter. He was just distracted by his thoughts that he just... walked. Sheepishly, Jean looked at Miel. "Eh, I don't suppose you know where a Pokemon Center is?"

Daniel hurried to finish what remained of his dinner, before returning all of his pokemon except his Lopunny. It had been an eventful meal to say the least, and he kinda wanted to go somewhere else, to relax and recover.

"I think I'm done here," he announced, "I'm gonna go play some fairground games in the theme park. Anyone wanna come with?"

Cas, who had been comforting an upset Adam, looked over at Daniel. "Sure, give me a second," she said, then looked at her Eevee with a smile. "Hey, let's go somewhere else," she told him, "There's a fairground that we're going to go to Daniel with, that should be fun." Adam perked right up. Deciding that no harm would likely come from it, Cas decided to keep her three Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. "Alright, I'm ready. Anyone else?"

"Isn't it near the restaurant?" Daniel began, "I recall seeing a massive ferris wheel, and flashing lights not far from here. Plus, at least ten hook-a-psyduck stands..."

He recalled whoever invited them to this restaurant--Their name was kind of a blur to him--Saying that it was near a theme park, and he'd been excited to go ever since. He loved playing carnival games, and he hadn't had the chance to play any simce summer.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
“Hold up,” Crimson called out to the rest of the freshman. Crimson quickly finished his meal, finishing it at the same time his Pokemon finished eating. Throwing down a couple of Poké Bills, Crimson returned all of his Pokemon into their respective Pokeballs, except Luxray. Luxray liked staying out and freedom from the Pokeballs restraints. Luxray’s been Crimson’s traveling companion all these times.

Crimson quickly leaned upon Luxray’s back and the Gleam Eye Pokemon padded over to the other freshmen. “I’m ready to go whenever you guys are,” Crimson claimed. “But what about Jean, wasn’t he the one who planned this?” Crimson recalled his roommate that had invited him out to the dinner party. And there was that other guy that Crimson didn’t quite remember. “And what about.....Miel?” Crimson saying the name slowly, hoping he recalled and pronounced the name correctly.

Miel just stared after he stopped in his frantic run, as well, not worrying if Doublade made a move on him anyway. The awkward tension making him feel uncomfortable. When Jean asked about the Pokemon Center, Miel couldn't actually answer indefinitely. But all he could say was:

"Well... I've never been to this city before. It's quite new. If I had to guess, the Pokemon Center would most likely be in the middle of the city or in a place where accidents and battles were most frequent. So it would be this way."

He said that as he walked down the road, heading towards the large ferris wheel. A ways away, he could see the Pokemon Center's lights gleaming, and it was just across the street of the entrance to the fairgrounds. He smiled, happy to have been right. He looked back, making sure Jean was following him, as he pointed to where the Pokemon Center was. It was a long distance away, and he wanted to make sure he could see it.

He then just realized he had on his glasses the entire time, and wondered how they didn't get broken. He quickly put the glasses back in the glasses case, and returning the glasses case into his satchel. He then walked toward the Pokemon Center whenever Jean was close enough and following him.

Jean followed Miel, trying his best to ignore the awkward tension that polluted the air around them. When the other coordinator finally pointed to the building, Jean let out a small "oh", but said nothing else until they were inside the building. Putting Doublade back inside his ball as they entered the building, he walked up to the nurse's counter, and placed Roserade's luxury ball in front of her. "My Roserade, he... he was confused and did a lot of damage to himself. Please help him," he asked the nurse, who looked him over before taking the ball. She gave a determined nod, happy to help any injured Pokemon, and asked the young Kalosian whether or not he would like a check-up for his other Pokemon as well. Returning Spritz to her love ball, he agreed.

After that, it was just Jean, Miel, and a few other trainers passing through the city waiting inside the lobby of the Pokemon Center. As Jean sat down, he looked the other over out of the corner of his eye. Why was this giant helping him anyway? That was the main question that ruminated inside Jean's skull as the two had walked there together. Was he looking for something in return for offering his help? He was the owner of the Milotic that had been dancing beside his Roserade, right? Did the Milotic get damaged without Jean's knowing, and this guy was following him away from the others so that he could get revenge? Jean was always told by his father that he couldn't perform in showcases when he was younger in case some madman tried to kidnap and ransom him for his family's fortune while he was traveling. And, this madman had been staring at him an awful lot since they met. Could he maybe be...? No. Everything his father said was wrong, and Jean was being paranoid. If that were the case, then they would have never made it to the Pokemon Center in the first place. But then again, he did keep Doublade out of his ball for the entirety of their walk- wait. Could this guy actually have a crush on him? Immediately, Jean turned to the other, eyes pitifully serious. "Look, it's only been a few hours, and this has nothing to do with- um- you, really, but I really don't feel the same way. Maybe we could just... be friends? Yeah, friends..." The last word came out weaker than it should have been.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Seeing as no one bothered to answer Crimson, the chestnut hair male decided to go back to Luvendale Academy. "What a way this first day had started," Crimson muttered to himself. Letting out a sigh, Crimson directed Luxray to anywhere that was Liligent's Garden as of right now. He made his way to the park, where there were little to none people remaining at this time of hour. Luxray crouched down to allow his trainer to get off his back. Crimson reached behind hid waist to pull out Volcarona's Pokeball. The Sun Pokemon came out glowing. "Volcarona, are you okay?" Crimson asked the Bug-Fire Type, referring to the Poison Jab it had just taken. Volcarona nodded enthusiastically, referring that it was fine.

All of sudden though, Volcarona stopped flying and fell to the floor. "Volcarona," Crimson exclaimed. Both Luxray and trainer scuffled over to where the Sun Pokemon laid. Purple bubbles can clearly be seen as well as radiating heat from the Pokemon's head. "Oh no, you've been poisoned," Crimson exclaimed. Though it was confusing on why the poison suddenly took affect just now. And suprisingly there were no Poison Healing berries in that Mixed Berry Salad "We need to get you to the Pokemon Center!" Crimson returnd the Bug-Fire Type to it's respective Pokeball and climbed onto Luxray's back, leading the Gleam Eye Pokemon to the Pokemon Center.

It took a while to find, but with some help from the directories, Crimson made it to the Pokemon Center quickly. Jumping off Luxray and jogged into the Pokemon Center, not realizing some familiar faces were there already. Luxray obediently stayed outside the Pokemon Center. "Nurse Joy," Crimson called out loudly. "One of my Pokemon has been poisoned!" Placing Volcarona's Pokeball onto the tray, Nurse Joy's Pokemon Assistant Audino took Volcarona to one of the back rooms. Crimson sat down at one of the couches, clearly stressed from this mishap.

Dylan cut into his steak, laying a small roasted potato wedge on the piece of meat before putting the fork in his mouth. He chewed slowly and quietly, savoring the taste. The whole ordeal had been quite eventful, and most of the company, including Jean (who had planned the whole thing), had left. Dylan took a sip of his red wine before cutting and eating another piece of steak and potato wedge. Quite eventful, indeed.

Miel looked at Jean, his eyebrow raised. He saw something in his eyes before he began to talk. Was that paranoia? He's seen it in his sister's own eyes, as she had a literal mental condition with paranoia included. Miel wondered if this guy was afraid of him than just his mere stares. He also wondered what Jean had thought of him. To Miel, Jean was a nice guy and cared for his Pokemon, which was nice. He was also well dressed, but he didn't like how dramatic he was. It could just be him, but dramatic people tend to get on his nerves. At least he isn't purely obnoxious.

He stared at him, dumbfounded, as he spoke. After a second of him realizing what the other had just said, he let out a loud and booming laugh. This guy thought he had a crush on him? Yes, this guy was cute, but he wouldn't want to date him until he grew up a little bit more. He shook his head and tried to stifle his laughter behind his hand. He looked at him with smiling eyes and said, trying to speak through the chuckles and his hand: "Why do you think I have a crush on you? I just think we could help each other out. Besides, you have the funniest reactions. I was merely scaring you, but there was nothing else behind it. Blame my brothers and sisters for making me want to scare others for enjoyment purposes. Anyway, I was more worried about your Pokemon, so I followed you to make sure your Roserade was okay and I don't need anything from you in return. I was just glad I could help. And before you say anything, my Milotic is just fine. It would take more than a Petal Dance and a Poison Jab to knock her out. She's an extremely defensive Pokemon, so I wasn't worried for her at all. Although, I'm wondering why she didn't recognize the Petal Dance in the first place. I did, but wasn't so sure if you were going to return Roserade immediately after it was done. Then again, we were distracting you with food, conversation, and nice wine, so I'm not going get upset with you for not taking care of your Pokemon. You seem to do the opposite actually. It's been awhile since I've seen properly treated Pokemon, even if they're a little spoiled."

His attention then averted toward Crim, who had just ran in with his Volcarona having been poisoned. He remembered the Pokemon getting hit, but also found it funny that the poison had taken into effect just now. Maybe the berries in the salad kept it from making the Pokemon feel sick just long enough for the effects to be delayed. He watched as Crim sat down, oblivious to both Jean and Miel in the room. Miel looked at Jean and gave him a look that communicated that he was going to help Crim, and he sat down next to Crim and put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze. His voice booming softly, making him sound like one of those sweet talking jazz players. Funny enough, he actually could play the saxophone quite well. He's learning how to play the piano now.

"Crim? Everything's going to be alright. Your Volcarona is in good hands now. Would you like a comfort Pokemon while you wait?"

Last edited:
A multi-colored wave of emotions hit Jean like a truck as soon as he heard Miel's booming laugh. Instantly, his face turned a light shade of pink from embarrassment. He opened his mouth to defend himself, preparing to say something along the lines of "well you kept staring at me, so it's reasonable to believe that you're just really bad at flirting", but then Miel just... actually admitted to being kind of a creepy sadist. Wait- his reactions weren't funny! They were completely normal! But then, Miel had complimented how he raised his Pokemon... by the end of the other's speech, Jean was feeling a weird mixture of flustered, proud, and wanting to oppose something that he said, but his mind went blank so he couldn't remember what. He just sat there, momentarily paralyzed and flushed as his brain tried to collect itself so he could respond. He really hoped he didn't have a class with this guy. Thankfully, he was saved (once again) by Crimson, who ran to the counter in a fresh panic. Guilt entered the emotions equation as soon as he heard what happened to Volcarona.

Watching his roommate sit down in the waiting area, and Miel comforting him, Jean bit his lip. He wanted to apologize, but it just felt so awkward to do so, because everything that happened was an accident and didn't he apologize before? Jean felt like he did, anyways. Still not sure exactly what to say, he moved over towards Crimson. "Listen, I'm really-" His voice stopped as soon as he heard his name called by Nurse Joy. "Roserade." The Kalosian was on his feet at once, moving to the counter where the nurse waited to give him back all of his Pokemon. Noting that Roserade was now in perfect health, and that the others were tired from the day, but other than that were in perfect health, Nurse Joy handed Jean back all his pokeballs, which he automatically attached back to his satchel's strap. Well, all except Roserade's. "Thank you," he told her, meaning it, before releasing Roserade from the confines of his ball.

Looking around for a minute before spotting Jean, the Bouquet Pokemon ran into his arms, muttering some lines of "rose"s that was probably an apology. Jean comforted his Pokemon, before scolding her lightly. "I told to not over do it with Petal Dance," he mentioned, but had a smile on his face. Besides Doublade, who could be extremely stubborn and drive Jean up the walls sometimes, he couldn't stay mad at any of his Pokemon for long. As they laughed together, Jean peeked back over at Crimson. Next thing he knew, he was walking back over to the other, to finish what he was going to say before.

"I'm really sorry about what happened, and I know Roserade is too," Jean offered, and Roserade nodded in agreement, face melting back into guilt. "You want to apologize to Volcarona, right? Tomorrow, if not later tonight when we get back to the dorm?" He asked his Pokemon, only for Roserade to nod once more. Jean turned back to face Crimson. "I don't know how many times Roserade has accidentally poisoned me... Volcarona should be fine. Who knows? Maybe it's actually food poisoning instead?" Jean suggested, giving him an apologetic smile before walking away, back to the dorms.

On the way back, he stopped by a food stall that specialized in pokemon kibble made for each Pokemon's typings, buying a special blend for each Pokemon. While there, Roserade spotted some pokepuffs. Tapping on Jean's leg impatiently while pointing, Jean got his message, and bought one of the deluxe ones for Roserade to give Volcarona later. As for his own dinner, he stopped by another food stand that was selling what looked to be greasy fat food. Finding himself more tired than he originally thought he was, and knowing that he would get lost if he tried to find anything else, Jean decided to try his first commoner's burger. It wasn't as bad as he thought it would be (little did he know it would mess with his stomach later, which was still a virgin to greasy foods). Finally, after everyone had eaten, Jean, Roserade, and Spritz walked back to the dorm together, where they arrived tired, but cloaked In peaceful tranquility.

(OOC: I had no idea what to say in this scenario since it felt like time had passed, but I'm gonna do it anyway. @Wandering Soul)

(BIC)

Cas shrugged. "Does anyone have something we can look it up on? Then we should be able to find out where it is. Although I do think you're right, on the plane ride here, I noticed those lights and the ferris wheel."

Miel saw the cute embrace exchanged between his Roserade and Jean. He smiled, happy to see love and affection already in bloom (hah) between them. It was quite nice seeing such a sweet display and he couldn't help but watch. It was interesting to him, to say the least, and he didn't know why. He figured that he'd never seen such doting in a person in his social standing, while he wasn't surprised with everybody else's way of treating their Pokemon because most of them had average lives and it was expected of them. Why was he different? He shook his head as he cleared his confused mind.

Miel looked up as Jean apologized. Well, at least this guy could apologize and be sincere about it. He was honestly quite surprised, as most people who came from his social standing would be close to being jerks or pricks, and would never feel own up to their own guilt or mistakes. He almost felt a little proud, but quickly got confused by his own emotions. I guess he was just proud of seeing Jean being apologetic and sincere, but that wouldn't make sense. Then again, he'd feel the same kind of pride when his sisters and brothers do something for the first time, so maybe it could be that? Him thinking that Jean could be something akin to family? He didn't know. They've only interacted a few times throughout the day, and most of that was just him creeping him out.

As Jean left, Miel looked back at Crim, to see if he was alright. He was picking apart his face to see if he felt any better and/or if he needed a fluffy Pokemon of his to feel better. Kyukori, his Alolan Ninetales, loved snuggling people, and would do just about anything to make others feel better if she had seen them being upset.

"I can find the address on my phone," Daniel responded, doing a quick google search. Sure enough, it turned out that the theme park was only a ten-minute walk away.

"Here's the address," he reported, "I'll just pop it in the GPS, show it to Lopunny, and away we go!"

Damian finished up his lasagna. Many of the others had already left. He returned his Pokemon to their capsules, and headed on back to the academy. The walk took a while, but he made it back okay. He walked to his dorm, entered, and made his way to his bed. He shoved his suitcase and bag at the foot of the twin bed, climbed in, and drifted off to sleep.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Crimson lifted his head to see both Jean and Miel within the Pokemon Center as well. "Yeah, Volcarona was just poisoned." Crimson muttered loud enough for the trio to hear. Crimson turned his head towards Jean. "It's fine really," Crimson said, trying to ease Jean. "It wasn't on purpose so it's fine, so no worries," Crimson tried to put a smile on his face, but it was hard knowing that one of his Pokemon is hurt. It wasn't entirely Roserade's fault, it just wanted to have fun with Volcarona after all. Crimson gave a nod and a wave to Jean who left with his healed Roserade.

Crimson was about to continue, but a voice from a speaker came out. "Crimson? You're Volcarona is healed." Crimson practically shot out of his seat when Nurse Joy called him. The boy in glasses light jogged over to the counter to pick up his now healed Volcarona. "Thank you Nurse Joy!" Crimson exclaimed. He clutched onto Volcarona's ball tightly. Crimson gave a slight wave to Miel as he went out of the Pokemon Center.

Crimson jumped onto Luxray's back once again and directed his Pokemon to the academy where he allowed himself to rest up for the actual first day tomorrow.

Miel saw that Crim had left, and done the same. He looked at all of his Pokemon, still confined within different kinds Poke Balls, each encapsulated with a Ball Capsule and with varying Seals on the fronts of the spheres. He didn't know if they needed healing, since they were all quite relaxed and didn't do too much. He then remembered their food, and quickly got up and headed off to Liligant's Garden once again.

As soon as he reached the area, he saw the waiter about to pick up his meal. He yelled: "Wait!" before making it to the patio. He heaved a sigh of relief and asked: "Sorry for the long wait. I was wondering if I could have a box. It would be a shame and a waste to throw it away."

The waiter bowed and obliged, and went off to get him a box. Miel looked over to see some kids still sitting here. Platinum and Dylan were here. If there were other people still at the patio, he didn't remember their names. When the waiter returned, Miel graciously took the box and they both bowed to each other before picking up the plate to slide the now lukewarm contents into the box. Hopefully, there was something to heat his food and have it taste still decent. He only took one bite out of it, and was quite hungry. Seeing that the food of others were left behind, he wondered if he should save them their meal. He shook his head, as he didn't want to bother with that right away.

He asked: "Where did the others go?" He asked anyone who cared to answer. As for Platinum, he let out his Alolan Ninetales, who then immediately went straight for Platinum, nuzzling his shoulder like nothing happened.

At the dorm room, Jean was satisfied to discover that the delivery men he had hired finally delivered the stuff into his room while he was out. There were more than a fair share of boxes in the room, just for him, most of filled with stuff he wouldn't even use. Still, he began to unpack his things, putting several beauty products of his in two of the three bathroom drawers, and organizing his desk with some of the little trinkets he had brought with him, such as a mini pecha berry tree, some photographs, and a few plush things. Not knowing he wasn't supposed to nail things into the wall, he hung some fairy lights, framed photographs of his family and pokemon, and a calendar filled with pictures of Diantha's photo shoots. He also stole some closet space from the others as well. By the time he was finished, his side of the room was clearly his side, and Crim and Cas had barely any closet or bathroom space left. Satisfied, Jean turned to his bed, which looked awkward due to the fact that the sheets and bedspread he had brought with him were fit for a king size bed, not one of the measly twin sized ones provided. Maybe he'd give it to Cas once she inflated her balloon bed. Quickly ordering a bedspread that would fit online, he climbed into bed. Spritz quickly joined him, as she needed Jean in order to sleep (it wasn't like it was the other way around or anything hahaha...). Room filled with the calming mixture of lavender and vanilla, Jean quickly fell into a deep sleep.

Platinum was on his way back to the Academy as Miel reappeared, managing to catch up to him, as well as the beautiful Ninetails that was accompanying him. He stroked the gentle fur and continued walking; it was getting quite late and classes were starting up the next day.

"Well, today was...interesting...and class hasn't even started yet. This should be one interesting year, if I don't say so myself." The green eyed boy joked, laughing as he spoke to his roommate. "I really need to hit the hay though, I am not a morning person by any means." He said, this time in more of a warning tone than playful.

As the two would reach Luvendale, Platinum made his way up to the room. He reopened the door, and took a quiet sigh as he laid eyes on his room again - it wasn't any easier taking in the small dorm the second time. However, they did at least have an accommodating bathroom, and the blonde made quick work of it. He took a shower, and did his nightly routines, all before jumping on to the top bunk bed in the room.

"You can turn on the television if it helps you sleep," Platinum told Miel as he yawned. "Just please keep the volume down, and...."

He was clearly going to speak more, but before he knew it, he was out like a light, curled up and wrapped into the sheets of his bed.

Dylan finished up his meal and saw that pretty much everyone else had left. He wiped his mouth with the handkerchief and asked the waiter for the check. Dylan paid for the food and left the restaurant, noticing it had become significantly dark outside. He stopped for a minute and stood still, breathing in the fresh, cool, autumnal air and watching the stars shine in the night sky. Truly a spectacle at which to marvel. After a few minutes of standing still, he pulled himself out of his stupor and headed to his dorm.

Dylan quietly opened his door with his key card and saw that Damian, a dinner guest from earlier was his roommate and was now snoring quietly on his bed. Dylan chuckled and took off his suit, changing into a white tee and black athletic shorts before washing up and crawling into bed. He fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow.

Miel chuckled, as he walked alongside his dorm mate, his Alolan Ninetales nuzzling into the petting. Miel shook his head and responded to Platinum, saying: "Well, I respect people's beauty sleep and I'm usually quiet in the morning. I'll only wake you up if I feel like you'll be late for your classes."

As they walked up to the dorm room, Miel smiled at the sight on his bed: a suitcase filled to the brim of his essentials and decor for the room. While Platinum was taking a shower, Miel unpacked his suitcase and decided to eliminate the drab in their room. He added paintings to his side of the room, the paintings containing varying Water-Type and Ice-Type Pokemon playing in their natural habitats, like on a frozen lake, an icy cave, grassland covered in snow, a lake, a river, and a beach with the sea.

Once Platinum was done with his shower, Miel just got done arranging his paintings and was about to hang up his clothes in their armoire. He gave Platinum half of the space in there for his clothes and others, as well.

Miel heard Platinum say something about keeping the TV down if he wanted to watch it to sleep. He didn't exactly need a TV to sleep, that's what a book was for. He then quietly set up his collection of books on the bookshelf and sent out two of his three Pokemon, his Amaru being too big to fit in a 7 foot and 6 inch room. He then added a clip-on desk lamp to the headboard, so he can read his book in the dark.

As soon as Miel was done with his nightly duties in the bathroom, which included changing into his blue pajamas and brushing his teeth, he exited the bathroom and laid on his bed. Kyukori jumped up and curled up at the foot of the bed, Milo slithered on to the bed, giving Miel a headrest and nuzzling Kyukori whilst she slept. Laplace rested next to the bed, her head resting on a soft blue rug that Miel set up on the side of his bed.

Miel also had Milo use his tail to bring his satchel over to Miel, nesting it right in between them. Miel turned on his light after Kyukori got up to turn off the light in the room and return to her spot, and took out his blue reading glasses. He then began to read his psychology book, until he was tired enough to fall asleep.

Once this happened, he set his alarm on his Pokegear for 6, making the alarm quiet enough to wake up one of his Pokemon, turned off the light, put away his glasses, and snuggled up to Milo's smooth scales before falling into a deep sleep.

Last he looked at the time, it was 11:00 pm.

After going to the fairgrounds for a while with Daniel, Cas went to a store and purchased an air mattress before heading back to the dorm. She picked up her suitcase, then entered the room. Cas was slightly disappointed at the amount of space that Jean had taken, she set up camp in a corner and decided to not decorate tonight, since she had classes the next day. She looked at her roomates, then back to her bed. Crap, she thought, I can't inflate this thing without the motor waking them up...She just used it as a separator between the floor and herself, and fell asleep relatively quickly despite the fact that it wasn't exactly the most comfortable sleeping arrangement ever.

The next morning...

Dylan woke up with a big yawn, stretching as he heard an audible crack in his back. He got out of bed and ran a hand through his hair, yawning once more. Dylan took a shower and brushed his teeth, smoothing his wild bed head with a hairbrush and hair gel. He changed into a white dress shirt, black slacks, and shined black loafers, tying a necktie around the collar. Dylan hooked his Pokeballs to his belt after slinging his backpack over his shoulder and headed out of the dorm, walking into the Pokemon Training building, where his first period class would be.

Dylan arrived at the building, cracking his knuckles before looking for his classroom, 244-B. After walking through hallways and turning corners, he finally stopped in front of a door with a sign on the wall next to it, reading: Ms. De La Torre, Room 244-B. Smiling, Dylan stepped inside, taking a seat near the middle of the classroom.

Cas rolled over onto her side, trying to ignore Winslow's attempts at waking her up. She was by no means a morning person, especially after staying up until eleven at night and sleeping on an uninflated air mattress. Eventually, she gave in and rolled onto her other side, looking Winslow in the eyes. "Fine," she said, laughing a little, and got up. She rummaged through her stuff, found some clothes, and walked quietly across the room. "Winslow, think you could guard the door for me?" she asked, walking into the bathroom. Winslow nodded, giving an affirmative "Meowstic" to enunciate it. Cas chuckled and shut the door, making sure to lock it as well. She hopped into the shower to start her morning routine--or what she could imitate of it in a dorm room with two boys. Arceus above, she hoped that one of them didn't come in on her.

Hearing some faint movement near his side of the room, Jean's eyes pried themselves open. He let out a big yawn, in which Spritz joined in. Muttering something to himself ("where's the coffee?"), he stretched and looked around. He wasn't in his room. Or at least, that was the first thought in his head, anyways. He wasn't in his comfortable bed (his back had popped, and he winched at the sound), and the floor he put his feet on was cold wood, not at all the fuzzy carpet of his room. Wincing at how his back popped, everything came back to him at once: Roserade's confusion, Wallace at the orientation, and finding the princess key in his carry on bag mid-flight- his head felt like it was going to explode. His body still wobbly, the world still blurry, and his head beginning to ache over life, he put on his shoes and headed straight towards the bathroom to take a shower, completely oblivious to the Meowstic by the doors or the sounds of water streaming from the inside.

Winslow looked at Jean approaching and knew that he couldn't let him in. "Meowst meowstic meow," he said, hoping to get the human's attention through the morning haze that he knew from experience happened--living with Cas and her parents proved that fact. Winslow didn't know if this would work, but a gentle warning was better than a less gentle one. Again, more past experience.

Jean heard a faint meowing, stopping in his tracks as he awoke a little more. Turning down to see the blue Constraint Pokemon, he looked confused for a moment. "I thought you stopped popping out of your ball a while ago," he said. Moving away from the doorway, he turned to get some pokemon food, before realizing two things. Number one, any food would be provided in the dining hall, and he would have to do some digging to remember exactly where he placed his snacks last night, so he couldn't feed the Meowstic. Number two, Meowstic always preferred to stay quiet, always gently tapping Jean if he wanted to get his attention and never using his real voice unless it was something urgent. That meant the psychic cat beside him wasn't his own. And after that realization came, he remembered that the only other student who had a Meowstic at this school that he had met so far had been Cas, who was rooming with him due to some screw up to the rooming assignments. After that came the realization of the sounds of water behind the door, which met that he had almost just- "I'm sorry!" He shouted in a panic to no one in particular. It took a moment for the shock to wear off, but when it did, he turned around to the closet to pick out his clothes while Spritz fell back to sleep on his bed. He hoped that Cas would be out of the shower soon, as it took a long time for Jean to do his hair. Not to mention he hoped that she wouldn't find out about what he had done almost on accident in the first place. After he picked out his clothes, he realized the ache in his skull was much stronger now, so he opened a drawer and swallowed a pill dry.

Winslow tilted his head to the side at Jean's shouting and shock, as he hadn't actually done anything. He decided not to think about it too much. Humans were strange, complicated creatures.

Cas shut off the water and toweled off. She got dressed quickly and ran a brush through her hair while humming a melody to herself. The teenager walked out of the bathroom. She saw Jean and smiled. "'Morning," she said.

Jean was sitting on his bed, running his fingers through his sleeping Spritzee's feathers when he heard the bathroom door open and Cas step out. "Ah," he relaxed as he stood up, grabbing his clothes and passing Cas by. "Good morning." He was beginning to wonder whether or not he would he would have enough time to properly enjoy breakfast as well. While he supposed whether or not he wore his hair pulled back wasn't really important, it was the first day of classes, so he wanted to look good and make a big impression. Unfortunately, for him, good looking hair meant more bathroom time than what a normal male his age might take. Maybe he could try showering at night from now on? Either that, or convince the others. He thought about it a little more while he bathed, before focusing on his first day. First was Pokemon Care, then Performance Fundamentals... but was Contest Battles before or after History? He pushed that thought out of his head too, instead humming a tune of his own. It took a while, more than half an hour, but Jean finally stepped out of the bathroom, dress suit on and brunette curls hanging neatly from his head. "That thing was way too small," he noted to the others once he was out, but made no further complaints after what happened yesterday (though the bath bombs he had brought were now going to go to waist). He stopped by Cas' 'bed', confused at the sight that greeted him. "I thought there was supposed to be... air? You called it an 'air mattress', right?" He avoided looking at her side of the room after almost walking in on her this morning.

An hour before Miel's alarm went off, his eyes slowly opened. He hated insomnia. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as his sister's, but it was enough for him to keep him from falling asleep once woken up. He grabbed his Pokegear and turned off the alarm before he forgot, not wanting to accidentally leave it on. Milo just shifted slightly in his sleep, the slightest movements from Miel not deterring him from getting his beauty rest. Miel then grabbed the envelope with the schedule and the map of the place, took out and put on his reading glasses, and then turned on his reading lamp with a soft click. The light illuminated his class schedule with a soft, blue light. The schedule said:

1st Period: Pokemon Care (Ms. De La Torre)
2nd Period: Performance Fundamentals (Mr. Allen)
3rd Period: Appeal Battling (Coach Evaristo)
4th Period: History (Mrs. Holt)
Lunch
5th Period: Math (Mr. Stephens)
6th Period: Science (Ms. Clover)
7th Period: English (Mr. Trent)

Interesting, thought Miel. This was going to be an interesting school day. Seven classes all in one day, with the same schedule every day for five days a week. He nudged Milo with an elbow before looking at the map for the Pokemon Care classroom. He memorized how to get there from his dorm by the time Milo finally moved out of Miel's way and snuggled around Kyukori, entrapping her within his coils. It seemed that he had been doing this for a long time, since Kyukori didn't budge, but hugged one of the coils entrapping and concealing her. Miel, after putting away his glasses, slowly got up, careful not to step on Laplace's head and landing one foot on his fuzzy blue rug, and the other on a cold wooden plank. He quickly retracted it as an instinctual move, but softly set his foot down, getting used to the cold ground before moving on. He went over to the armoire, picked out his usual clothes, but with a clean new set, and headed off toward the bathroom, wiping away the sleep from his eyes. He turned on the light and groaned as the harsh yellow lights bombarded his eyes, causing a bit of eye strain as he tried to get used to it. He softly closed the door and began his shower, hoping that the water hitting the bathroom walls won't wake up his dorm mate on the other side.

After about 10 minutes vigorously scrubbing his hair and body, he turned off the water and got out, taking a nearby towel that was the stock towels one would get in this establishment. The towels weren't even hotel bad, they were just bad. They were coarse and hardly soaked up the water, almost feeling stiff like someone had folded them up for a long time and they hadn't been used in over a decade. He still managed to dry himself off, though, and changed into his casual clean clothes. He softly opened the door, took his hairbrush, comb, hair dryer, toothbrush and toothpaste, and his deodorant. He then did his morning duties, making sure to close the door as he plugged and turned on the hair dryer, using his hairbrush to snag the hair as he dried it. When he turned on the hair dryer though, the lights over the mirror dimmed. Odd. The lighting must be connected to the same power junction as the outlet. Luckily, he didn't have much hair, so he was able to finish in record time.

When he was done, he quietly returned to his bed and put on his usual shoes, his hair being almost impossible to deal with as it is now extremely fuzzy and it exploded from his face. He looked like some 80's girl. He sighed and sneaked back to the bathroom, tackling his hair with a generous amount of water. As soon as he was satisfied, he returned and looked in his satchel to see everything was in order, and he was bringing anything he needed. Maybe he should add the Guide to Contest Battling and Appeals, as it was practically a requirement. The students were going to get them in class anyway, but his mother wanted to make sure he got it beforehand, so he could study up and be the "guru" in the class. That's how it had always been for his school life, anyway.

He stretched petting Laplace's shell, taking his book and reading it in the light thrown by the desk lamp still on.

Cas shrugged. "By the time I got back, you were both asleep. I didn't want to wake either of you up, since I'd have to inflate it with this thing." She picked up the small device. "Guess it wouldn't hurt to try and inflate it with whatever time I have left..." She affixed the nozzle to where it would blow air into the mattress and flipped the switch, causing a somewhat loud sound to come from it.

Jean curiously watched as she hooked attached the nozzle to the limp bed mattress, eyes going wide when he heard the sound that came from it. Spritz immediately took to the air as she awoke from her nap, complaining loudly. "Are you sure you're doing it right?" He asked, but his own question was answered for him when he did indeed start to see some inflation inside the bed. Still, it was too loud and weird for him. Inflatable beds still weren't normal, or at least not to him, and through the noise and absurdity of it, he couldn't help in feeling a little intimidated. Instead, he grabbed his satchel, which he had already packed while waiting to get in the shower, and started heading out the door. "Uh- I'm going to get breakfast and head to class," he proclaimed, checking his watch. It must have really got distracted, because it was later than he thought he was. While he might still be able to get something to eat, he would have to eat it fast. "I'll save you a seat?" He promised, before heading out the door.

Platinum awoke to the beeping of his Poketch watch that laid on his pillow near his face. He sat up, rubbing his eyes, before reaching for the watch and turning off its alarm. He then heard a hairdryer in the nearby bathroom, and noticed that Miel had seemingly woken up before him and was already preparing for the day. Platinum simply sat upright in his bed, cross-legged, with his golden hair incredibly shaggy and all over the place. He contemplated if life was even worth it anymore - he was extremely tired from all the excitement from the day before. However, as his mind pondered off to his classes of the day, he began to feel quite motivated...internally, anyways.

As Miel exited the bathroom to continue his morning routine, Platinum slid down the ladder of his bunk, quietly greeting his roommate as he passed him to head into the bathroom. Normally, the 18 year old wouldn't mutter a single word in the morning, but he didn't want to start off the year having Miel think of him as a rude dorming companion. He then closed the bathroom door and hopped in the shower after removing his night clothing. He had the shower steaming within the matter of a couple minutes - pushing the lever to about as far as it could go. As much as he wanted to stay in there forever, he knew that the time was ticking and classes would start soon, and he definitely wasn't going to be that guy that was late on the first day. He bathed his body, and washed his hair, and then stepped out to dry off. He combed his short and wavy hair to the side as his towel hung loosely around his thin body. He then rubbed skin moisturizer into his face to prevent it from going dry in the Unova air. Platinum had grown up in the cold environment of Sinnoh, but Unova was a different kind of chilled air that he wasn't quite acclimated to yet.

After brushing his teeth and finishing off his hygiene routines, he stepped out into the main room of his dorm, seeing Miel dressed and putting on shoes. Platinum made his way to the closet and grabbed his clothing - a white button up shirt with rolled sleeves and tan khaki shorts. He left the top couple of buttons on his shirt undone, since he felt a tie wouldn't really be necessary for the day. After the blonde had put on his tan Sperry shoes, he grabbed his drawstring backpack, placing his Pokeballs inside and moving his arms through the loops. He then looked over his schedule once more, and began reading them aloud as he moved towards Miel.

"Alright," He yawned. "It seems I have English first, Performance Fundamentals second, Appeal Battling next, and then Science for fourth period, then lunch. Do we have any together for the first half of the day?" He asked after reading off the first four classes of his schedule.

Last edited:
Miel nodded at Platinum every time he passed him by, knowing how hard it was to wake up in the morning if one wasn't a morning person. His brothers faced that problem when they were of age to help with the ranch, since they need to wake up at 5 in the morning every day to take care of their chores. It was easier for him, since he took everything seriously and with an air of importance. Once Platinum started talking to him about the schedules, Miel stopped reading and looked up at him from over his glasses and smiled.

"Why yes, we have the same second and third period classes. Thankfully, I won't be alone in those. For my first period, I have Pokemon Care, and then for my fourth, I have History. Then after lunch, in order, I have Math, Science, and English. The most pointless classes for me would be Pokemon Care, since I already did a lot of that in my family's ranch. I have been taking care of Pokemon since I can carry a bucket of Miltank Milk. Which would be when I was five years old. So 13 years of taking care of Pokemon. I wonder what they actually mean by that in a contest standpoint. As for English, I won't have a problem with that at all. As for Performance Fundamentals and Appeal Battling, I can never stop learning about those, as I keep finding quite a bit of material to teach myself with. Hopefully, the teachers would actually teach lessons important for our success."

He stood up, put away his glasses and his book in his satchel, returned his Pokemon, and walked up to the door, slinging the satchel over his shoulder. He then opened the door, and allowed Platinum to leave first.

Platinum smiled, relieved that a familiar face would be joining him in his second and third classes, and apparently 5th as well, as they both had Math.

"I agree," He said nonchalantly as he tightened his beige Poketch around his left wrist. "English and Pokemon Care should be the easiest of the day. Perhaps they will be teaching more on the visual aspect of caring for your Pokemon so that they are able to look the best they can for Contests, or maybe even their physical wellbeing. I can't lie, though, I'm excited for Performance Fundamentals. I would say I'm pretty adept in that area, but like you said man, we can never stop learning. Appeal Battling hopefully teaches us more efficient ways of battling - because I have to admit in the Contests that I have won, there were multiple close calls within the final rounds."

He nodded and thanked Miel as he held the door, and after slipping out, Platinum looked back down to his schedule. His last class of the day was Performance Fundamentals 2, an advanced class he had signed up for as an elective - he hoped that neither of the classes would be a let down, and he doubted that they would be. Even though the dorms were a bit of a disappointment, the school itself had a very high rep that he was sure they would follow through on.

"Well, I'm headed off to Mr. Trent's, see you in an hour or so!" He called to Miel as they exited the dormitories, waving before walking away towards the academics building.

Miel waved as Plat disappeared from view. He looked over the room, and saw that he had forgotten to make his bed. He went over and made his bed, pulling the sheets until they were taught and laid over the pillow, after he fluffed up the pillow. He then looked to his dorm mate's unmade bed and made that bed, too, his OCD running a little more rampant than he would like. He looked at his Pokegear and it was almost seven. He could walk quickly to his next class. He memorized the room, too. 244-B. He walked his way through the halls, like he had been here before, but really it was all him memorizing his walk path this morning. In record time, he made it to his classroom, and went inside, seeing Dylan in the class with him. He smiled and sat next to him, happy to see someone he was familiar with.

He set his satchel on his lap, took out his notebook and pencil, opened the notebook up to a blank page, and then fished for his glasses. As he pulled them out and put them on, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw quite a short, but stout looking female. Her hair was shaved on the sides, with fluff hanging down to her eyebrows, and her hair was blonde with some black hair coming up from the roots. He guessed that she bleached it. As a contrast to Miel's softer, more feminine looking features, this lady had rough, more masculine features on her face. He almost had mistaken her for a guy, until he started looking her over, playing the role of a male sizing up a man. She definitely wasn't a man, as she had a good sized pair on her chest. Although, if she had taken anything with testosterone, she'd immediately start growing facial hair. Miel almost smirked at that mental image, but wanted to keep his composure as to not provoke her. She had on a brick red tank top underneath a camo vest and dark blue shorts, and black combat boots. Compared to the nicer looking members of the class, she was the polar opposite, showing quite a bit of skin and not caring about her looks. It seemed she didn't spend the night at her dorm, either, as she had looked quite tired and probably spent her entire night partying at the carnival as her hair was disheveled and she had an exhausted look in her eye, like she's about to sleep sometime soon. Miel could tell this wasn't a girl to mess with, as her arms were quite muscular looking and her legs even more so. If her attire matched her personality, she'd be the mean one. Maybe a bully, even. Every school had to have one, right?

Although, there was something that Miel saw in her eyes, something he hadn't seen too often. He's only seen it in criminals when he was doing his criminal courses in high school, and they'd go up to the prisons and look at all the murderers and convicts there like Pokemon at a zoo. Most of those people had the same look that's in her eyes. He couldn't exactly remember what the word was at the moment, but he more than likely would find it in his book.

The lady and Miel had locked eyes as soon as Miel was probing her for her mentality, for her personality, without letting her say anything. Something about Miel had shaken the core of this lady, and she wasn't happy with it. She wasn't going to let some four-eyes ruin her day, as she was already tired and cranky from a late night of partying at the carnival. She quietly growled at him, enunciating every word, making them as sharp as a dagger would in sound: "Stop. Looking. At. Me. Four-Eyes."

Miel's muscles in his face twitched, almost showing his teeth like some wild Pokemon in a form of a snarl, obviously not taking kindly to being called names. He then caught notice of some dry electrical sparks coming from her side. He looked over and saw a Manectric. The yellow and blue canine looked at him with steely eyes full of malice and hatred. Her Pokemon even had the same personality as her. He guessed that this Manectric had been with her for quite some time, as most people would let out their most trusted Pokemon in a show that they have a Pokemon partner. His siblings did it all the time. His closest bond was with his Laplace and Kyukori, but he didn't want them out right now, for fear that her Manectric was going to hurt them.

He looked them over one last time, raising his icy cold exterior, his cold eyes watching them closely, memorizing every detail for later. He then slowly turned back around, noticing that his fist was clenched so hard that his nails had began to dig into his fleshy palm. He straightened out his fingers and saw that there were only indents, but the stinging in his palm was enough to cause him to visibly wince. He thanked Arceus that the lady was behind him, as he didn't want to show any kind of weakness. She'd be all over it like a pack of Houndoom at a carnivorous feast.

Meanwhile, the lady was having her own problems. Underneath her desk, she had been clenching her fists, too. She bored her eyes into the back of this man's head, seething hatred from her very soul. Her Pokemon caught on this, but her Manectric was usually the kind of Pokemon to calm her down to keep her from hurting anyone, but would usually help her when he deemed it safe to not get caught. She didn't notice the guy that was next to Miel, the one who he had come in here and sat next to him for. Sadly for him, the seat on the other side had been taken. She sighed softly to herself, not wanting to ruin her first day here. She looked around and saw that it was almost time for class. She looked up to the front and saw that they were taking notes. She closed her eyes and decided to work, pulling out a very ragged looking notebook, a pen, opening to one of the few empty pages that didn't have doodling, and put her name at the very top. It read: "Levina Brasche".

She crossed it out and replaced it with "Butch", instead. She liked that name better. It reminded her of her first victim in school. She shoved him into his locker and he called her a butch from within the safe, yet, constricting confines of his locker. She almost smiled at that memory, but joy couldn't exactly touch her soul. She couldn't exactly feel anything. Anger was the only emotion she could truly feel, but only when she felt threatened. The most she could feel toward someone was a feeling of closeness, almost like a friend or an acquaintance, or the feeling of annoyance toward someone. For example, she felt close toward her Pokemon, and treated them almost like a friend, but not recognizing that they were creatures of their own right, and so she used them as tools. With this guy in front of her, she felt quite annoyed at him at first, sitting in front of her good view. She had tapped his shoulder to tell him to move, but when he started to pry for information without even saying anything or doing anything besides staring intensely, she felt threatened that he could find out everything about her, and be potentially stronger than the almighty Butch, so she told him to back off.

Miel just sighed and looked at the board over his glasses. He couldn't exactly read it though, as his mind was elsewhere. He just stared at the board like some kind of Espurr fixated on something. He shook his head and looked at Dylan, raising an eyebrow. If Dylan wanted to talk to the lady, he shook his head at him, not wanting him to converse with the lady. His eyes practically read: "Dangerous."

Last edited:
Cas walked into the room, holding a bagel and with Winslow by her side. She saw Miel and sat on his left side. "Hey, Miel, right?" she asked, still questioning her knowledge of names. "You, uh, don't look too happy. What's up?" Cas queried as she pulled a blue notebook and a sharp yellow pencil from her bag and put her name on the paper--she didn't know if her instructors would accept 'Cas', so she just put her full name to be safe. Who knew if their notebooks would be collected at the end of the semester for a grade; quite a few of her high school teachers had done this.

Jean walked into Ms. De La Torre's classroom, giving off a sigh of fake fatigue. "Excruciatingly exciting, isn't it?" He asked those in the class, paper cup of coffee in hand. Spritz was perched on top of his head, making a nest out of his brunette waves. As soon as he was inside though, and was able to get a good view of the entire classroom, he couldn't help but smile. There was more than one face there that he knew, one of them being his cool new roommate (that he almost walked in on- he'd have to push that memory out of his mind), and that gave him a bit of invisible relief. "Ah, I can't believe we have the same class! Cas, and Daniel and- uh..." Crap. Miel was there. He stared at the other boy for a moment before giving a slight blush as he remembered what happened in the Pokemon Center and turned away. "Sorry about last night, everyone. Roserade's sorry too... he always forgets about the consequences of using Petal Dance, and I usually have to remind him to stop once he reaches his limit, but I was so distracted- ah! I should have been paying more attention. Thank you for coming, though!" He knew that not everyone he should be apologizing to was there, but ah, they would hear about his words through the grapevine, to be sure. It was easier to apologize to a few people rather than a huge group anyways. "But now that that's out of the way, how were your mornings?" He asked everyone, cutting off anyone else's conversations from before in a singsong voice as he walked to a seat. He almost grabbed a seat on the left side of Cas, until he noticed the heavily intimidating guy- wait no, girl- that was sitting nearby. Was that supposed to be a hairstyle? Looking her over for a moment, the corner of his lip curled into a barely recognizable sneer by instinct, and he chose the seat on the right side of Cas instead. He'd be closer to Miel, but that was better than being closer to whatever that girl was supposed to be.