• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Jappio's Poke Splices, Fakemon, and Captace Region

Wow! Kilos look cool, but the middle one on the top
And left one on bottom look the same.

I think you should kind of redo the Ledian Sharpedo Propobass on sheet 7.

Wow a lot of Kilos love. Glad you guys liked him. My friend is also glad you like his character. Jirachi, the two are different, specifically there is like no shading on the top middle and the bottom left does. Or they both have it, but I went more advance with the bottom left.

Well I've begun remaking all my Fakemon in the 3rd gen style. This not only allows me to try and remake/fix my Fakemon to look better, but make them actually fit into the limitations of a GBA game. If the time comes for these guys to be put to use now, they can. I've done the first 3 Fakemon I've done, and I plan to continue on in the same order. I altered poses for the 2nd two, edited the first form. C+C, ridicule, or whatever is all welcomed at this point. I plan to go back and fix anything I can.

3rdgenFakemonSheet1.png

I did create a pretty good sprite of a fake evolution of Drifblim. You wont be able to see it because I do not have a photobucket account. I feel it looks good, though.

The last stage seems to lack detail to my eye. The wings look a littl funny on it too. But overall these are pretty cool, nice color choice ^_^

Well I've fixed up even more the birds, and got the Ratatta of my region, Muttle and Mutdirt. I like how both are looking. For Mutdirt, I kept one with out all the airborne dirt because I like how it turned out. Not much more to explain. As usual C+C and all that jazz highly welcomed. I'm very grateful for everything commented on the birds before, now they're better than ever =D.

3rdgenFakemonSheet1-1.png

Not a huge update, but I like it. While bored in one of my classes, I decided to make this guy. He is one of my RP characters, this guy is named "Dimitri".

He's some evil Half Elf dude, who lost his hands. Due to that, he can't control his powerful magic very well. He wear giant pieces of medals over his forearms, I call them arm maces.

After making the first pose (side pose) I decide to make more, and make a GIF of him spinning. I specifically wanted to make him 8-bit, like a Final Fantasy sprite, hence the lack of shading or anything like it. Perhaps I'll revamp him if class is proving to be boring again :p

Dimitri.gif

Also on a side note, I have a question for the other artists here. For some time now I've been thinking about not just hanging out in my own thread. I feel like returning a favor to you guys and commenting on your stuff. Beyond that though, I was also considering about doing critiquing and suggestions. I don't know though if there is sufficient room for someone like me to do that here. Everyone always seems so happy and nice, I really like the way things work here. If I were to start critiquing, I'm afraid I would come off as a jerk, having to bring up and point out mistakes. I know though a lot of artists enjoy getting critiques and stuff to, it can be very helpful stuff, and is given for the sake of helping, not bringing down. I guess I just want to ask/warn, make sure I won't be stepping out of my place.

Also on a side note, I have a question for the other artists here. For some time now I've been thinking about not just hanging out in my own thread. I feel like returning a favor to you guys and commenting on your stuff. Beyond that though, I was also considering about doing critiquing and suggestions. I don't know though if there is sufficient room for someone like me to do that here. Everyone always seems so happy and nice, I really like the way things work here. If I were to start critiquing, I'm afraid I would come off as a jerk, having to bring up and point out mistakes. I know though a lot of artists enjoy getting critiques and stuff to, it can be very helpful stuff, and is given for the sake of helping, not bringing down. I guess I just want to ask/warn, make sure I won't be stepping out of my place.
I always wondered why you kept to yourself in this thread, so come out and join the rest of us :D Be it critiquing (I could do with some of that in my showcase actually *nudge nudge for the rest of you :o*) or just posting :)

I'll be sure to do that now. If I see you're thread, I'll critique as soon as possible LoN. I don't know how often I'll be able to critique, and in advance I apologize to anyone who might skip, be it that I don't notice your thread, or am no in the mood/have the will to critique it.

Well I finally got sheet 1 devamped and fixed up. The first 3 families of my Fakemon have been remade, and I like the result. I still have about 82 to go, but that's not too big of a deal.

3rdgenFakemonSheet1-2.png

Edit:

Well I have now fixed and finished my first sheet. Next up I'll be reworking my starter Fakemon. I'm still happy to take comment and critique, I will go back and fix things, but I probably won't be uploading any of those changes till much later. So for now, these are the final versions. Also I have made some changes to the ants, due to the fact a good number of people thought they were fireflies.

Fakemon_Sheet_1_3rd_Gen_Style_by_Jappio01.png

I'm now attending to the Fakemon of my region. I first did the grass guy, but then later, at school, I had nothing to do. I was doodling, trying to figure out how to fix my very horrible fire starter. I was finally able to conceive and idea, and here it is. So I skipped the grass starter family and did the fire starters, they needed the attention more anyways. They aren't quite the same as the previous ones, but at the same time they are. The new story is that an evil spirit harbors a doll. Eventually the said evil spirit attracts hate and ill willed feelings. This eventually causes the doll to burn. Fire-Fire/ghost-Fire/ghost still. I like this guy a lot better. Also I thought for a moment that perhaps this guys story is too 'brutal' for Pokemon, but hey, Pidgey's eat Caterpie, Houndoom's howl is said to be the grim reaper coming, Dribloom tries to abduct children. I think he fits right in :p.

The one in the top right corner is one with borders. I liked the one without, but I kept that one just to show it off.

I can already see I need to work a little bit more on the transition. My plan right now is to take the middle form, add more flames and stuff, so it's closer to the last stage. Unless people think it's fine the way it is.

3rdGenFakemonSheet2.png

Also hopefully my critiquing has been going good. I haven't been yelled at or anything. It takes forever to do them, it'll be hard to keep up. It's also pretty hard to decide what to critique. Generally most people here do requests, and I don't like to critique a request. In the past, critiquing requests never worked out the best. I'd comment on something about it, but usually it would be pointed out "I couldn't avoid such mistake, it was a request." I kind of get that view point, at the same time I don't. I just overall just try and avoid them if I can.

Well, another sheet done. It has taken me awhile. I have been busy, lazy, and working with other things. I recently pushed hard to force myself to finish these up. I realized something though, I can't continue to do sheets like this. I can't continue to do so many requests. I'm busy with making Fakemon, but more importantly, I'm in charge of making splices for my friend's fighting game. I'm in charge of choosing style, and at least four of the characters.

As far as what I'll be spriting now. I will be making the sprites for the fighting game. Aside from the usual updated sheets I'll be throwing up, I still have updated Fakemon that I will do on the side. I also have probably other random things I'll be making.

As far as splicing. I'll still allow you all to make requests, and I'll still do them on the side when I get the urge to. Splicing is fun, and I still enjoy it. I'm just basically saying if you make a request, don't expect to see it for awhile. It's been now about 2 months since my last sheet, that's seems like a lot to me. I was able to bring 40 out in a year, but this latest one took me 2 months alone. So the next one, don't expect it in a week or anything :p

SpliceSheet43.png

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Nice! I think this sheet is your best yet! The sprites are so fluent and go together so nicely.

Good luck with your other projects, I'm surte they'll be as amazing as this. :)

I really like the Electrivire, Weaville, and Arbrok fusion. It looks extremely well fused, with a kind of naga-ish feel.

I love the Absol+Umbreon fusion, it's so clean I wouldn't have guessed you used Absol parts. I just now hope it's possible to get that in plush form :)

Your splices are the best i've ever seen! Love the gundam-probopass-thing ;D
Can you make a splice of:

pichu+pikachu+raichu+linone

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Ok, as I've said before, I am now a spriter for a friend's fighting game. I'm in charge of about 4 or 5 characters. I am also in charge of picking a style. Well I've had a tough time in the last two weeks or so picking one. We had a style before that was good and I was able to work out, but the style was too small, wouldn't have worked for us. So now I had to figure something new out. I've chosen a style now, and before going any farther, I needed to get some critique and opinions and comments. Raizou, my character, may not be the best test for a style, he's so large and beefy that it complicates things. I'm not done with this sprite, still shading and stuff to work on. The chain mail on the legs hasn't been designed yet. For the most part though this is my idea on the style. I don't know if it works though, so I need as much help as I can get.

TestExample.png

Well I did some more work with the style. I haven't be able still to properly do Raiou, things about him are bothering. I decided I needed to do more than just our large beefy guy, so I quick threw together our smallest character. This little guy is a ninja/samurai, or I forget what exactly. I think my friend has called him a 'Ronin'. I've always pictured him as a ninja though. He is a fox person, he is based on a sonic RP character. His name is Ryu, perhaps some of you may even know the owner of this character.

Now his appearance I'm basing off of older descriptions of the character. I also am not the person in charge of making his sprites. This basically means I won't be doing anything more with the character beyond this point. I merely did him for size reference for the style. I also touched up Raizou some.

Opinions and stuff on the style or how either of the sprites are would be greatly welcomed. I can't say though I'll go and fix Ryu, just because I'm not keeping his sprite.

TestExample-1.png

Well here is another batch. In the blue shirt we have Bill. Bill is an interesting character. He's the kind of guy who after a match will do a twirl, rip his shirt off, and then rub his nipples... Bill is interesting. He has a guitar as a weapon also, so I think he is cool. I may or may not be doing all of his sprites, depends how fast I do the others.

The next new one is Shun-Yu. I don't know if I have to describe him again, I've done so multiple times... I might as well. He's a Chinese Hopping Vampire, or Jiang Shi. In ways they are more like zombies than vampires though. You can't see it now but in battle you'll have the option to switch between two forms of Shun-Yu, long armed and short armed. This sprite here is short armed. The long arm formed will of course have longer reach, and fight differently. Shun-Yu can lengthen his arms due to rigamortis.

I've made a few touchups to the other two sprites. Raizou is bothering me, so he isn't perfect yet until I get a better grasp on the style I'm using. Ryu I don't care too much for still because I'm not his spriter.

Comments, critique, and whatever highly requested.

TestExample-2.png

No comments on my sprites? I guess it makes sense that I'm not getting any since these guys aren't Pokemon related. Oh well, I still feel like showing them off.

Two more people added.

First up is Alexa. She's all bundled up in armor and clothing due to the cold climate she comes from. She wields a claymore in battle. If I remember correctly she also has forms of ice magic and or attacks.

Secondly is Moonblade. He wields a spear. I have not much more to say of the guy due to the fact that I know a lot of tedious facts about the dude, but nothing though I think really describe him to well.

I've also gone and fixed up some of the other guys. What really annoyed me was for the longest time I couldn't figure out how I was going to do Raizou's chainmail. Then while doing Alexa I had to do some. The first pattern/style I tried for it worked beutifully, and I was all "God dang it, how is it I wasn't able to figure something that simple for Raizou!" Then I applied it to Raizou. I updated Ryu. I originally wasn't going to pay so much attention to the little guy, but since people have been so kind to critique him, I figured I might as well update and fix him up.

TestExample-3.png

If you don't mind I would like to put in a request for a Lucario+Mewtwo splice. Could you make it mainly lucario too? Hope I'm not too much trouble.

Some fantastic splices put together within this gallery. Seeing as I'm quite a fan of Poliwrath, I felt that the "Mutant Sonic" stood out most to me.

I'll get to the request when I can Lucario545, but don't expect it soon. No offense, but I have more important stuff than splicing to do, namely a fighting game.

Ok. I've done some more work. With the critique I've gotten (Again, thank you to all who have. Anyone who has given me some critique or just plain out told me I needed work, thank you. I greatly appreciate and it's thanks to you all I've been able to make any improvements so far) I have now fixed up some errors with these. I haven't quite gotten to everything. Ryu has remained fairly unchanged, but I don't care too much about fixing him. Shun-Yu and Raizou are most important to me since I'm actually doing more for them. Raizou I'm getting real happy with, sadly Shun-Yu not as much. Due to a recent decision by his creator, his outfit has changed. That stupid under robe just doesn't look right, but I can't figure how to fix it!

The biggest thing I've done is I've altered the style a bit with them all. I went for as suggested, darker borders and greater contrast. I must say I like it, and it is easier to do due to some colors being less plentiful. I can't say for sure if it's better myself, hence my posting of them. I want to continue to evolve these sprites, so I'm again asking for any critique anyone is giving.

TestExample-4.png

While I'm here I might as well post something. I made an animation. It's just the normal standing pose. I have found that my lack of experience in animation has hampered the quality. I'm not asking for critique on this, just because it's not at my best, I know I can and how I can do better. You're free to comment and critique, I'm just letting you all know it isn't required.

Raizoubob.gif

I apologize that I have not done any critiquing, I've been busy, but I will try and fit a few in. I really want to help out, but I'm never really in the mood to do so.

Sorry for the long wait with no update. I've been working as much as I can though. I now have an attack started. I'm not going to call it done, or close to it. I know currently it needs plenty of work. I though felt the need to get something made. I plan on improving the sprites and perhaps adding a few frames. I wouldn't mind though some critique or anything. The move I'm showing is one of Raizou few "command" moves. In fighting game terms, I suppose it's called a "623" or as I refer to it as: "shoryuken". It's a simple jab with some advancement. I don't know if I'll be posting animations for more moves, it takes awhile to do sadly. The speeds in the animation are messed, so try and ignore that if possible :p. That lightning doesn't move fast enough when it strikes down.

raizoupunch.gif

Raizou-1.png

It's surprisngly smooth, it looks good. I can't even begin to imagine how complicated this must be.

I have to say though his beard looks a little wierd now, almost like a strange mouth.

I like his beard, looks good :p

Well, the only thing I can see to critique would be what you've said, the animation speeds in places. The rest looks fantastic, the sprite work, everything.

Are you aware that GIMP can be used for animating? I don't know if it'll be of any help, but it might. www.gimp.org if you're interested.

I need a pic for my page(forgot what it was called ??? ??? ???). I needs Blaizeken's body+legs, one hand like Magmortar's and the other hand like Zangoose's with Crobat's wings and Salamence's head and a red and black demon paintjob, if that's not too much to ask

Wow, you make some really awesome splices. They are some of the most creative and unique ones I've seen. If you don't mind could I request a Scizor + Arceus Splice and a Scizor + Rayquaza splice? Thanks a lot Jappio.

Thanks for the Gimp suggestion. I've heard of the program, but never thought I'd need it, since paint does good for sprites and that's all I do. If it can do gifs though, I might look into it since active gif maker can be lame.

I'll be happy to do those requests, but they will take time. I haven't worked on many splices, so the next sheet won't be around for a long while unless I take a break from what I've been doing.

Well then, I'd like to call this an update, but honestly it isn't. I see it more as a glorified bump. I can't stand though just letting my threads go inactive for so long. For over the last weak I got almost no work done. The few sprites I did were crappy as all heck. I also plain couldn't get in the mood to sprite. I decided though I was only wallowing in self pity and decided to just start spriting again. For whatever reason walking sprites are tough. I made this so far. I know it needs more frames, and I know I'm missing stuff like the shield and axe head. I will get all those things added. Just wanted to bump with a little show of what I'm doing.

On a side note. A got a couple of comments about how I don't have an axe move. I find it a little odd that you all thought I had to be told to make an axe attack. To remind everyone, this is a fighting game, and in a fighting game a character has multiple attacks. Just because I make the due throw a punch for my first practice at an attack sprite, does not mean I won't have any axe swings. Raizou will make use of his axe, and those blows will devastate. I'm not quite complaining about the critique I got about that, but I found it funny that multiple people felt they had to suggest to me to do that.

Raizouwalk.gif

RaizouWalking.png

I think I've made enough of a representation of what I want for the walking sprite. I can now move onto a different set of sprites. I probably will just do jumping and or running sprites next. I'm not done with this one, but it looks like what I basically wanted, and I'll tweak and improve it over time. Critique and all that jazz is welcome of course.

RaizouWalkinggif.gif

Well in a fit of boredom, I decided to make this. It will be my avatar for awhile (farewell for now Raislash). I don't know what more there is to mention of it, so I will leave it at that. I know I said I'd be trying to do nothing but fighting game, but my mind wanders from time to time :p

2ef0cf3faa.gif

Interesting. The glasses sort of remind me of Pokemon Hunter J or some other anime antagonist.

What program did you make it in? The shading has a unique style, too.

Well surprise, surprise. I have actually completed a new sheet of splices. I entered and was challenged to a couple of contests, so I figured I might as well do the rest of my requests and what not.

The first 8 things were all for one contest, 4 recolors and 4 splices. It won it's match. I don't do recolors often, but they are very relaxing and simple fun =D

That flying mixture of ice things also won me a contest.

The Pikachu family with Linoon is another champ =D

The ghost guy on the bottom right I think has won me a contest, but that is only as of right now I believe, I think the contest is still open and it's only winning by one point (funny thing is, I didn't even vote for it, I voted for another guy's sprite I thought did better)

I also have gone and did a request I could swear I was just going to ignore. The huge one on the bottom. It was tough fitting them all in. It was especially tough also because of the things put into it. I somehow pulled through though. Normally had my pride not been so arrogant, I would have just said no to it. Now I really don't want to see everyone and their grandmas jump at the chance to suggest or request huge ones like that. They are hard, and sometimes seem impossible. The final result is hard to figure out when there are crappy to use sprites like Palkia, and Mamoswine. They are big with hard to transfer features, or small and bland. So I'm just saying, request at your own risk, I may just get lazy and deny it or give up.

SpliceSheet44.png

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Those are just too cool! I don't think I have enough vocabulary to truely express what my brain is thinking right now :D

The bottom two are by far your best work, they are the epitome of awesome. Excellent job!

The MetaKnight Jirachi just makes me lol.

The Togepi/Shuckle combination is quite unique, and quite cute, too.

However, the bottom right one is the most win one here. It hardly even looks like a splice!

wow, i am amazed at what you can do jappio, my favourite one is your moudy/toxic jumpluff for some reason. lol. keep on splicing as you are a natrual at it. ;D

heyz!! its been a long time since ive commented here :D
i havent seen all of your sprites since i left but here what i have to say of your newest batch!! I totaly adore you fusiion of kirby and mew and metanight and jarachy!! ^^ they look so cute!! AND AWESOME!! and i like the scissor and rayuqauza!! nice job!! keep up the good work!