• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto Journeys

After having his pokemon heal he turns to answer Ry question. "Yeah I will I'm pretty tired from the battle" responsed Brief he then turns too Levi. "I'm from the Unova Region I come all the way to Kanto to meet strong trainer as well as find rare treasures in this region who knows what secrets this great world will hide." Brief hears his stomach gowl "I will take you up on that offer Ry" said Brief.

Levi smiled, "Its very interesting to meet people from other regions and see what kind of pokemon and stories they have to offer." he sat down and unzipped his jacket letting out a sigh of relief as he did so. "Kanto born and raised. But I've actually just gotten back from a year long trip to Hoenn, I work with Professor Oak and assist him in the study of pokemon evolution so work keeps me busy" he said while laying back.

After a while, Ry had a small meal of soup and sandwiches. He also had food for the Pokemon. "It's not much," Ry said, "it was a short notice meal, but i thought we could share stories while we eat." He said laying out food. All of Ry's Pokemon sat down and began to happily eat.

"Pokemon food?" Levi asked wide eyed. "Uh oh....." Levi's three pokemon popped out of there pokeballs. Cronus his Blastoise, Orion his Metagross, and Vex his Ninjask. He was trampled by Orion "Meeetaaa!" it said happily. "Cronus...he...help" Levi gasped out as Cronus grabbed one of Orions legs and pulled him back. "Whew....thanks buddy" he said to Cronus. "Meeetaaaaa" said Orion as it sweat dropped. "Its okay, your just a bit big for hugs like that hehe" he said while petting Orion.

"Well I know of him, but we've never met." Levi began to eat, stopping in between mouthfuls to talk. "Although Professor Oak and Professor Rowan studied pokemon evolution for something around four years so i'm very familiar with his work. That's why I was in the Hoenn region, Professor Oak sent me there to study Nincada in there original region and the unique way that they evolve, its how I got Vex." he said gesturing to his Ninjask. "But my biggest interest is Mega Evolution, there are so many things unknown about it and it intrigues me." Levi stopped as he realized he was a bout to begin one of his drawn out tangents about pokemon evolution and its potential. "So, what about you?"

"Mega evolution." Ry breathed. He looked at Jet, and paused. He shook his head. "I got Fuego as an Egg, from Professor Rowan. He hatched and we spent five years training with Maylene, in Veilstone City. And after that, we explored the Sinnoh Region collected badges. We entered the Sinnoh League, but only got to the top 16." Ry's pokemon looked down when he said the last part. "But we're gonna win it this time." His pokemon perked up when he said that.

Brief releases (Melody)Minun and (Drago)Druddigon ( cant let Heavy out for obvious reasons) his pokemon go to eat besides Ry pokemon as Brief grabs one of the sandwiches. "Thanks Ry. Umm stories where to start oh I got one this is the story of when I met Heavy my Steelix."

(Flashback) It was two years ago I was learning under the Sinnoh gym leader Byron. The old man told me to go train at Iron Island I have to admit that place was full of strong steel type pokemon as I was training I come across this strong Onix who for some reason challenging all the steel types on the island I couldn't help but to follow the Onix and watch its battles. It was like this for a week me watching it the Onix whenever I spotted it until it went against a powerful looking Aggron Onix was beaten pretty bad. I was pretty mad that it beaten that is when I made my presences knew to the might Onix. "Hey there big guy I've been watching you for awhile now do you want to become stronger I will train you until you are the strongest on this island" the Onix weakly nods. From there I began to train the Onix for three months taking on all pokemon that looked strong enough as we was in the middle of a training session is when Onix spotted something in the distant it raced off to what he saw I chased after him I saw what he was racing toward it was the Aggron that beat him. The battle was an amazing one to witness with Onix being the one on top. "Wow that was amazing big guy I have something for you I was planning to give to you after our training session" said Brief as he reaches into his bag an pulls out a Metal Coat the Onix touches the item and begins to evolve into a Steelix. (I know you have to trade to evolve it but just for the sake of the story). On the final day of training with Master Byron Brief visits Iron Island for the last time to say goodbye to his friend "Well big guy I just want to say goodbye I'm going to be heading back home soon" Brief waves to Steelix as he was making his way to leave and was stopped by the Steelix. "I take it you want to come too?" the pokemon nods Brief throws a pokeball catching the Steelix. "Now that your my I will name you Heavy glad to have you and welcome to the family" smiled Brief.

Darrius rejoins the group of Trainers after having explored Pewter City some.
"I see Ry made dinner again. Thanks for the meal my friend." he says as he sits down, Sol laying beside him, and his other Pokemon flocking to the bowls of food.
"What all are we talking about?"

"Stories," Ry said. Then he looked at his bag. He picked it up. He began to open it. He shuffled around until, he pulled out a leather gauntlet, with a white key stone in the wrist. "This was a gift from Cythina, of the Sinnoh region. he looked at Jet, and pulled out a Sceptilite. "And this is Jet's."

"Wow so you've both trained with gym leaders huh? I bet that was a challenge...." Levi lay back in his seat thinking. Big challenges huh, reminds me of the time we fought..... he had flashes of memories, Mega Metagross thrashing his team. "Your strong but not strong enough, if you wish to challenge me and have a chance of winning, unlock the secrets of mega evolution" these words echoed in his head as he lay there. "I plan to challenge the gyms of this region and enter the pokemon league myself, so you guys better be ready" he said with a sly grin. But even if I win in the pokemon league, I wont be done...

Darrius takes a sip of his drink, a bottle of tea he had purchased earlier in the afternoon.
"So you can use Mega Evolution. I had a hunch that your bond was deep enough when I battled with you on Route 1 Ry. But you mentioned to me that it scares Jet. Is there a particular reason as to why?"

Levi sat forward and looked at the Sceptilite. So he can do it to.... he was saddened slightly by this revelation. Guess ive gotta play catch up. But even if I could use Mega Evolution.... He looked over at Cronus and Orion. Which one.... he snapped back into reality to hear Darrius' question. "It's only a rumor but ive heard that Mega Evolution can affect a pokemon's personality, does that happen to Sceptile?"

"I have noticed that in Sol. She's normally a very timid Pokemon, but she's a lot more confident in her abilities after she Mega Evolves. I suppose the sudden swell in power could scare Jet. That's just something they would have to work through. Given how well Ry trains his Pokemon, i can't imagine it would take too long if they really put their minds to it." Darrius says casually, taking a sip of his tea, then leaning over to let Sol nibble at his sandwich.

"To be honest, we have never Mega Evolved him before. He doesn't want to." Ry said meekly. "You see, we got it as a gift from Cythina. He refused to Mega Evolve. He's scared of it, nit because he might change, but that he might be too strong. He doesn't to be somebody who has to rely on his Mega Form for strength." Ry explained.

"I follow ya, I guess." Darrius says, petting Sol's head. "Sol and Jet are in two different places. Sol very rarely battles, and when she does, I always Mega Evolve her right away. I'm confident in her abilities without it, but she isn't. Gotta abide by the wishes of your Pokemon, right?"

Levi got up and walked over to Jet. "Mega evolution doesnt make your strong, it makes your stronger. Its and extension of your power...and the fact that you can do it at all proves you are truly skilled and powerful" he said before turning back to Ry, "So you've met Cynthia? Tell us about it?" he said before sitting back down.

"We were training in Celestic Town and i met her. She gave me the stones and said our bond was strong. She offered a battle with her Mage Garchomp. We lost, but Jet refused to Mega Evolve. And that's all that happened." He said quietly.

"You've fought a champion to huh?" Levi sat forward. Cynthia, the Sinnoh champion, wonder how strong she is. he thought to himself. Levi got up and began to walk to his room. "Alright guys return. I'll see you guys early tomorrow, sleep well". Levi waved as he left the room. Hope that didnt seem rude....

"Losing is what doesn't bug me. But it bugged Jet a whole bunch." Ry said. He stood up and said, "I'm gonna hit the hay." And with that he left.

Brief watches as everyone go off too bed I guess I should as well he returns Drago. "Come on Melody lets go to bed" Brief said to his partner.

Levi woke up early that morning in hopes to continue his journey. He walked down stairs to see Darrius passed out next to his pokemon. "Rise and shine beautiful!" he said while tossing a pillow at him. "Excuse me, are you Levi?" asked the nurse as Levi walked by. "Uh yeah, why?" he said slowly approaching the table in hopes he wasnt in trouble for something. "A package arrived for you" she said handing him a large white container. "Oh thanks" he said before walking away. "Oh Levi!" called the nurse. "You were called earlier, he asked if you would back at your earliest convenience" Levi was slightly confused. Why would someone call me from here? He thought to himself.

The pillow fwomps Darrius in the face, which rouses him from his sleep.
"Huh?" He sits up and rubs his eyes.
"Ah, good morning Levi. Thanks for waking me." he says with a half-sleepy smile. His Pokemon start to rouse themselves and start moving about.

Ry woke up somewhat earlier than his normal time. He had hd a rough night. He had been thinking about Jet. Was there some other reason e didn't wan tot Mega Evolve? Ry shook off the thought and had crept down to make everyone a small breakfast. After a while he heard a noise, that caused him to exit. "What's up guys?" He asked his friends, doing his best to look wide awake, while internally, he felt tired.

Levi made his way to the video phone and called back the number trying to reach him. Professor Oak popped up on the screen, "Ah Levi, ive been trying to reach you all morning" he said with a smile. "Whats up Professor? You got a job for me because now might be a bad time" he said glancing over his shoulder at his new allies. "Nono, I just wanted to tell you that the package you received was a gift from Professor Birch and to handle it with care" Levi looked down at the large white box with a pokeball on it. "I havent opened it yet" he said looking at Oak curiously. "I have an idea of what it is, open it when you'd like but I suggest you do soon just to be safe. With a confused look Levi thanked the Professor before going over and sitting with his friends, setting the large box on the table.

"I dont know, it was a gift from Professor Birch, guess it was a thank you for me helping him while in Hoenn" Levi slipped the lid off. Whatever it is he sure did pack it securely. he thought to himself, he sifted through the packing peanuts until he saw something sticking out. "Oh thats cool..." he said under his breath as he gently pulled an egg out of the box. "Hehehe, ill have to call Professor Birch and thank him later" Levi said with a large grin on his face.

"A Pokemon Egg. Neat. It's been a long time since I've had an Egg around. Last egg I had was for Havoc, my Salamence." Darrius says, smiling fondly as he remembers how he dotted over the egg his father gave him more than 10 years ago.

Brief just waking up walks downstairs to the sound of his friends talking. "Its nice to see you guys so livily in the morning oh what is up with the pokemon egg?" lazily asked Brief.

"Its was gift" Levi said full of glee. "From Professor Birch in the Hoenn region." Levi inspected the egg to make sure it was okay, which it was. The real question...whats in here? Knowing Professor Birch, it'll be Hoenn a pokemon no doubt, but which one....guess we'll find out later. Levi shrugged it off as he stored the egg back in the box. "Well I can worry about that later, for now, who wants breakfast?" he asked with a large grin across his face. Man, so far being back in Kanto.....its been really worth the wait.

Ry crossed his arms. He cracked a grin and said, "My mom explained to me about eggs. I've even hatched three so far. They are hard to hatch, but worth it. And by the way, Breakfast is ready."
RY brought out some bowls of oatmeal, along with food for the Pokémon. He sat down at the table and said, "If you want, you should call my mo, and ask her a few questions, abou the egg. She knows quite a lot."

Brief sats down at the table with the others to eat breakfast. "I know more about stones and fossils as for eggs I only hatched two myself if Ry mom knows a lot about eggs it wouldn't be a bad idea to get in contact with her" suggested Brief to Levi.

"She's a Pokemon Breeder," Ry said. He walked over to try to contact his mother on the Video Telephone, but received no anwser. "I guess she's went to Hearthome again." He mumbled to himself. He sat down at the table, and said, "Sorry but she isn't home now."

He looked down, and looked at the egg. "Wel we should wrap it in some kind of blanket. When the egg hatches, the baby will be safe." Ry explained.

After finishing up breakfast Brief gets up from the table and is making his way to the door he turns to his friends. "Hey guys I'm going out this get some morning training in while we wait be back later" Brief lazily said to the guys as he walked out the door.