• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join MHA - Heros Of Tomorrow (RP Thread) (AU)

As Yua started moving, Séan had to spread out over her back to stay on top of her. Eventually, he managed to find enough balance to sit up and draw his sword. He had to grab a bit of fur to do so, which couldn't exactly be pleasant for the girl. When he did so, he started slashing at the robots that got close. A few robots managed to get through, but Yua seemed to make quick work of those. Eventually, he had to get off when a robot bigger than the rest was approaching Yua's back. He made a backwards somersault and landed on it's head and jammed the sword into it's circuits. The robot began to fall and Séan jumped off, landing near Yua. He sliced another robot in it's weak spots and quickly jumped back up on Yua's back.
"This is awesome! But please don't stand up or i'll fall off! Unless it's for comedic purposes!" Séan shouted over the noise, which would most likely give him tinnitus. Now there were almost no robots left and those who were, would be quickly disposed of.

"That... sounds... wait, what's the word for... I mean. That sounds wonderful, Ki!," he commented with a smile on his face. He looked towards Kunyomi, "Kunyomi, go and scout for robots, howl or something when you find one with lots of points." He wanted it to be a team effort rather than just destroying things in a neat fashion. He chuckled a bit realizing that in Korean, Kunyomi's name meant 'warm reading'. The adrenaline in his body came at ease, and he just looked more relaxed than usual.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi flashed a thumbs up. "Got it." She turned into a wolf and ran through a narrow gap in between buildings, and into an open area. That is when she found a 3-point robot destroying some small buildings. She howled loudly, then turned back into her human form just in case she needed to hold off the robot with her fire quirk.

Ki heard the howl and turned towards the others and said “ let’s go.” and starting running, not paying attention to if they were behind her. She saw Kunyomi and yelled”Hey, come back, Ryu needs to block its vision.” She backed away for Ryu do his thing. “Nao, get ready, and Kunyomi, go scout for some robots, if I-it’s ok I ask.” Ki said. She breathed out and thought to herself”This is your chance, you got this.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi turned around to see Ki a ways behind her, telling her to come back. She deactivated her fire and ran back to where Ki was. She turned back into a wolf and began prowling, ears and nose alert. She thought of Cricket again. He was like a therapy lizard, and seemed to listen to her.

Last edited:
Ryu heard the howl, and was caught off guard. He quickly tried to put on a suit and his gasmask, but did a rudimentary job. Ryu got up and dashed to the source of the sound. It took him a bit and he was out of breath, but at least he got a good view of the automaton. "Okay...," he wheezed," I just need to... take... a... break." After he caught up his breath, he focused on the ground for a bit. He started to sound like he was choking, then a light-green gas came out of his mask. It covered the vicinity around the robot in a thick fog. He gave a thumb up towards Nao and Ki, signifying it was their time to shine.

Ki saw Ryu’s Thumbs up and rushed in front of the gas and starting charging up a laser beam hoping Nao repelled the gas. She was getting smaller and smaller. “Calm, Ki, Calm” she whispered to herself. She was drenched in sweat. “No, no, not yet.” She let out a beam that pierced through the gas and the robot, along with the fake building behind it,destroying it. Ki then fell on the ground, about 3”2 tall, her clothes too big for her. She then said to her teammates “I us-used too much e-energ-“ before fainting.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi heard Ki speaking and sounding weak from far away, then a thud on the ground. Kunyomi ran back to where the 3-pointer was as fast as her wolf legs would carry her. She saw Ki on the ground and looked quizzically at the others. "So, what do we do now?" she said, glancing back at Ki, still short and unconscious. She took a sip from her water bottle.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Once the exam started, Nuno ran as fast as he could. Instead of following a large group of people that went straight ahead, he decided to take a right turn and search for scattered robots. Eventually he came across a two pointer that attempted to ram him as soon as it noticed him. Nuno unfolded the cloth spear and held it in front of him with both hands. The moment the robot made contact with the cloth, he moved it quickly to his left, sending the robot crashing into a building at high speeds. "Any later and it would've bounced the wrong way..." Nuno thought, luckily things had gone well. A one pointer came into view. Making two cloths and folding them in the shape of spears, he threw them at the unsuspecting robot. Both projectiles unfolded when they came close the robot, wrapping themselves around the robot's neck and head, blinding it. Nuno took the chance to jump on its head and pin it to the ground, before pretty much punching it till it was no longer functional. He got up with sore hands, and ran off to destroy more robots.

"Oh no! Oh my...," Ryu's face looked frantic. He trudged on through the gas, looking for Ki. He started waving the gas away, and found her unconscious on the ground. "Nao, we need you help, now!," he yelled. If this gas gets in her blood stream, she's done for! Ryu was far to stressed to create a solution to this dilemma. The only thing he could think of was waving away the gas, which failed miserably. "Kunyomi! Anyone, get this gas out of here! And whatever you do, don't use your flames! It's highly flammable!," he exclaimed, his speech cluttered and garish.

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi turned into her wolf form and started wagging her tail as fast as she could to create a "fan" from the gas. She repeated this for a couple minutes, then turned back into her human form, exhausted. She looked at Ryu frantically. "A-are we supposed to take her somewhere?" she asked nervously, still fanning at the flames.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Hm, yes, nothing went wrong, of course." Wyatt spoke sarcastically, then coughed. "It's honestly more surprising I didn't crash."
With that, he decided that he may as well get in on the action...again.
He quickly ran to where the surviving robots were. He threw the katana at one, and it pierced the metal and stuck. It wasn't finished though, and nor was Wyatt. He jumped over and behind it, taking the sword along, turned, and heavy-fell, using his weight on the sword to cut clean through the robot. He then kicked the two halves into other bots. Sean and Yua were already making quick work of the bots, and he wasn't going to be left behind.

He had a thousand yen on the line dammit.

"Well, we just need to wait for more oxygen to settle in-- wait, if Ki can do photosynthesis, then she must be able to create oxygen naturally...," he blurted out loud. Before he got any crazy ideas, the oxygen in the atmosphere seemed to naturally hydrolyse the gas, and it slowly disappeared. Ryu took in the scenery around him, then said," What a sudden and unexpected, yet obvious turn of events!" He nearly forgot there was a robot in the vicinity and quickly ran to take cover. I feel as if my quirk would be more helpful for two-person missions... Ryu spotted the robot, and it seemed to be heading towards Kunyomi's direction. "Watch out!," he cried to the wolf girl.

David scowled as the wolf girl stole the robot he had, in his mind, claimed as his. He would have carried on when an emergency of sorts took shape. The giant girl was unconscious, and wolf girl was attempting to get the gas away from her. "They look frantic." He thought to himself. "But I don't have any medical expertise, so I don't see how I could-"

He was cut off as another robot began to bear down on the suddenly distressed group. "Now that's something my expertise can handle" he grinned in spite of himself, and thundered towards the robot like a tank.

David hit the robot like a wrecking ball, flooring it with the force of his considerable mass moving at speed. The robot's chest was buckled in on itself, but it was still operational. David hit it several times, shearing away bits of flesh from his knuckles, but in exchange punching holes in the robot until he found something that felt important. Pulling it out, David found his supposition was correct, as the machine stopped moving.

The exhilaration of his victory made him forget himself for a moment, but he remembered why he interfered in the first place. He jogged over to the group, his hulking stature contrasting with the much more natural body shapes of these fellow aspirants, especially with his extended skeleton visible in places through scrapes in his skin. "What's wrong with her?" David asked in his typical loud voice, gesturing at the fallen girl.

Ki heard a loud voice, which awoke her. She opened her eyes to see the boy from earlier. She sat up, still tired. She looked at Ryu, Kunyomi, and Nao“Sorry, guys, I overused my quirk.” She turned to the boy as she was growing, now at 5”4. “U-um t-than-thank yo-you for destroying th-the ro-robot” she said, offset by the new boy. She tried to get up, but then fell again. “I-if it’s ok if I a-ask, can so-someone carry me.” Ki asked, embarrassed.

David grinned as the girl acknowledged his destruction of the robot. But he was oddly moved when she fell again. He wasn't given to softer emotions easily, but he nonetheless felt sorry for her. His quirk was not one he could really "overuse" per se, but he knew that some people suffered greatly when they "overdid it". He nodded to her and extended his hand. "Sure, I'll carry you. Get on my back and hold onto my neck." He indicated the unnatural bony gorget that his skeleton had grown to cover his throat. "Where do you need to go?"

“Uh, tha-thank you.” She grabbed his hand and grabbed on to his weird neck thing. She was slowing growing taller and was about 6”3. “If yo-you nee-need, I uh, me-mean if I become to-too big, you ca-can just dro-drop me.” Ki said, embarrassed by his kindness. When he asked where they were going, Ki looked over to Kunyomi, and said “Can yo-you please loo-look for mo-more robots if you ca-can.” She then said to the boy”If you hear a how-howl that is her, and she f-found a robot.”

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Yua felt tugs on various places of her bear body that she dismissed as Sean moving around on top of her. Metal screeched on metal as she tore gashes in another robot. <Comedic purposes would definitely be a stress reliever,> she thought-spoke jokingly. <Just kidding. I doubt I could rear up anyhow, I did something to my leg.>

She was blinded too, but seeing (or not seeing) as the bear’s vision wasn’t all that great to begin with, it wasn’t much of a loss. Plus, the bear morph increased her pain tolerance by a fair amount; it could be said that Yua was hiding in her morph. She slashed again at the robot, opening four parallel sparking tears in its metal exoskeleton. She was slowing down, but the vast majority of robots in the area had been decimated, and she still had a ways to go before she reached her limit. <Everyone still good?> she called out, opening her thought-speech to everyone on her “team.”

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The clash of metal on metal surrounded the area as Kiara slammed her trident into a robot, taking out its core systems with ease. She'd been focusing on strategy rather than strength, which was easy owing to her technological knowledge.
She had obtained this trident by transfiguring a stick - it had taken her around thirty seconds to make the weapon, so she did lose some time - but it had been worth it as of far. She'd managed to take out just as many, if not more, than some of the higher-scoring students at the moment.

She heard a robotic whirring behind her and whirled around, seeing a trio of robots behind her. She grimaced, knowing that her trident wouldn't be enough for this one.
She focused for a moment, before suddenly transfiguring into a sleek black cat with startlingly grey eyes as well as a glowing crescent moon crest on her head. Before the robots could react, she fled the scene, her smaller form making it easier for her to flee. She couldn't handle three robots in her current position. Unfortunately, she had to abandon her trident, due to her new form not having hands.

She ran into a side-street, which turned out to be a very bad move. She had expected there to be a way to turn onto a different side street, but she was instead stuck in front of a dead end. She turned around, seeing the robots approaching fast.

Cursing, she transfigured back into her human form, and then mustered up the energy to transfigure her arms into blades. It was a more exhausting one - being a Partial Non-living Transfiguration so her movements were slowed, but it would be enough.

She managed to dispatch the first bot easily, slamming her left blade-arm into its core and deactivating it. She was caught off guard, however, when this caused her left arm to transfigure back into her human arm. Now she had only her non-dominant hand with a blade which would likely transfigure back soon if her left arm was any indication.

As the bots slowly approached, Kiara began to panic. Her anxiousness was beginning to come through. She needed a miracle right now.

"Katsumi, look, several more!" Izumi called out, "I'll disable them!"

She noticed a girl being surrounded by the robots, so Izumi had run over then became invisible, sneaking to the side of the robot to set a trap that would disable them.

"Katsumi, now!" Izumi called out.

Katsumi ran over to the crowd of robots, utilising the same strategy he’d used on the three-pointer before with the bigger one, and managing to take out the smaller ones with relative ease by punching holes through what he presumed were their eyes. He was beginning to have trouble flying now though, and that meant he wouldn’t be able to fight for much longer. “I’m running out of steam, we won’t be able to continue with a strategy like this!” He called out to Izumi, before turning to the girl they’d saved. “Looked like you were in trouble there, sorry if we stole some points off you, are you alright though?” He asked her.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
As he stomped on the last robot surrounding them, Wyatt turned to Yua.
"All good her-HOLY!"
A bear is normally very intimidating, but a bloody bear is the stuff of nightmares, and when said bear is your friend, full on trauma.
"Are you okay?!" he asked worriedly.
He wondered how injuries would work when she turns back. Hs theory wasn't pretty, although Yua looked surprisingly calm despite her....everything. Said calmness rubbed off of him, and he chuckled slightly.
"You look horrible."

David winced as the girl he was carrying piggyback had grown almost a full foot since he'd picked her up. "Son of a... Is there a way you could stop growing? If you get too big it ain't gonna matter how strong I am, I'll be draggin' you around instead of holding you!" He remarked with a hint of annoyance. "Jeez, you try to do something good and the world has to throw you a changeup." He thought to himself.

Nevertheless, he soldiered on, setting the girl down so he could freely dispatch some small robots. He was picking her up again when he had an idea. "Hold on real freakin' tight, sweetheart!" He barked and began to climb the nearest building, using his fingers and toes like pitons, making handholds by slamming his ultra-hard bones into the concrete. Once atop, he set the girl down and forcefully commanded "You should be safe here. Try to recuperate so you can get back to the fight."

"You should look yourself in a mirror and find the stuff of nightmares, Wyatt!" Séan said with a big grin. He struck down another robot and jumped off of Yua.
"Alrighty then, let me take a look at your leg and let Wyatt and Takashi take care of the remaining robots. Which leg is it?" Séan said with a hint of worry in his voice. He didn't want the bear to topple over him and turn him into a pancake, of course. He sheathed his sword again and made a quick look-over at all Yua's legs but couldn't find anything that way.
"We'll need a new strategy after these robots are destroyed anyway so we might as well re-group after this. What do you say, Wyatt? Could you and Takashi take care of the remaining robots while I take care of this massive bear? Meet here after you're done?" He asked.

Ki was scared of the forcefulness of the new boy, but she couldn’t do much but wait. She tried moving her hands and could do that just fine so she moved to the edge of the building and sat up, her legs over the edge. She saw a group save another person from some robots and another group with a bear in it. She saw a two point robot just running around and shot it, causing part of his head to come off. She layed down and pushed herself back onto the building. “Well, guess I just have to wait some more” she said nonchalant.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Jake swung through the city, Bordie now clinging to his back, "you know you could easily dig your way around right?" Jake asked with his eyebrow raised Bordie shrugged, "yeah but this way is easier for us to stick together" she said, as they were swinging by they passed a 2 pointer just as it got shot through the head, "what was that" Bordie asked, "uh, on top of that building I think" Jake responded, suddenly 3 two pointers and 2 one pointers came round a corner, Jake still looking for the shooting didn't see them and a two pointer slashed through his green chain causing him and Bordie to plummet towards the ground, Jake begun to panic and struggled to summon a green chain and Bordie was to far from the building to use her sure footed ability, they were falling and fast, Jake managed to finally summon a green chain, but due to his panic he couldn't grab Bordie in time, Bordie attempted to grab hold of Jake with her tongue but was to slow as she was struck by a two pointer and sent straight up and onto the roof of a building nearly crashing into the tall girl she had seen earlier. Jake however, still latched onto the building by his green chain summoned two purple chains and dispatched the one pointers and 1 of the two pointers but the other 2 two pointers had him in a tricky situation, they were two close, he couldn't swing his chains.
@BigHoodieBoy236 @Hogzilla

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi saw the same boy that tried to steal a robot that was near them run over and destroy a robot that was about to attack her. There was a bit of conversation between Ryu and the boy, and Ki woke up. The boy instructed her to get on his back, and Kunyomi must have been in shock, because the entire time, she stared, unblinking. After Ki and the boy left, Kunyomi snapped out of her trance. "So, are we going to leave this area and get more robots?" She asked Ryu.

=Nightshade=

<I'm... fine...> Yua grunted, her pride refusing to allow her to accept help. <Can you cover my butt while I demorph and remorph?> She shook the bear's head, as if confused, as she concentrated on the demorph, leaving any last vestiges of the robot horde that may have gotten past Takashi and/or Wyatt to Sean. Slowly, then faster, she began shrinking, shrinking until she was a midget bear. Then the muscles melted back into her body, the huge claws retracted, and the fur disappeared. Her muzzle slammed back into her face as her ears slid down her head with a feeling like raw egg dripping down. And yes, she knew what that felt like; let's just say she likes taking dares. Finally, the demorph was complete.

While the terrible injuries were healed, her exhaustion from the bear morph was undeterred. The tiredness crashed down on her like a boulder, but Yua shoved it aside. If there was any time to bypass her limits, it was now. She spared a fierce grin before remorphing to the bear, letting the thick, muscled body and brown fur wash away her weak human limbs. But all that morphing took time; about five minutes, to be exact-ish. There would only be a little bit of time left in the exam. Plus, she was tired. Her limbs felt like lead. I have to push through! We ARE getting into UA. We will! She shook her grizzly head again before charging at one of the few remaining robots. <Let's... finish... this!>

Séan was a little worried about his new friend but decided not to say anything. She would only have herself to blame. He did what she asked and covered her as she demorphed and re-morphed, though there wasn't much left for him to do. He managed to slash down the few robots that came close. Though his sword was starting to wear down and was on the verge of breaking.
"Well that demorph answers my question about what happens to your clothes when you mor- AHH!!!" Séan said as his sword broke against a robot, which lead his to his leg to dislocate. He finished the robot with his fists, which hurt him even more but atleast the robot was down.
"I'm alright. It's just that my sword broke. I won't be able to walk properly now, but I can still fight. Take extra good care of that sword, Wyatt!" he said. His swords were made of metal, but they weren't the most durable. And he had been a little careless, sometimes hitting the robots where their armor was stronger.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
When Takashi saw Yua demorph, he mimed taking a photo. "I think lot of people would pay good money for this" he said holding up an imaginary picture. " gaijin, and Yua sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, second comes marriage, third comes a baby in a golden carriage." He taunted. He ran at the few robots left, decapitating them. "What the what in the name of what, was that?" He asked Séan, when his sword broke. "I know people can get attached to their weapons, but I doubt you can't walk" he said. He walked up to Séan, and tapped his foot on both of Séan's leg.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Kiara's blade had already morphed back into her arm by the time a few of the robots were dispatched, her pale blue hair in her face slightly.
"No - it's not a problem. I thought there would be a corner to turn here, and, uh, there wasn't. Thanks for saving me," she said awkwardly. Kiara had always been awkward.
Now, she had enough energy to transform herself again. Her arms transformed into blades once more, as she propelled herself off the wall, lunging at the front few. Delivering a remarkably strong slash, she easily took out two three-pointers, before her arms went back to normal.
"Dammit..." she muttered, her eyes falling on a nearby branch. She could turn it into a weapon, but she needed time.
"Hey guys! Stall for me for a minute - well - uh - if you don't mind!" she called, before picking up the stick. Silver energy surrounded her hands, as the tree branch slowly began to morph into something else.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Oh, that's convenient." Wyatt sounded relieved.
Although when Yua started remorphing, he noticed a few robots coming back.
"Alright, here we-" suddenly, a scream pierced his ears. He looked back to see a broken sword, and Sean beating a robot with his bare hands. His leg was also bent unnaturally. "Holy hell, are YOU okay?"
Now everyone was getting hurt. At least Yua had a her morph-healing or whatever, he wasn't sure what Sean had. He wanted to go check it out, but takashi beat him to it, and he was stuck protecting them from the few robots coming around. Wyatt took a glance at his sword, then dropped it. He wasn't going to do add to Sean's pain.
He ran towards the nearest bot.

"We might as well go." Nao answered to Kunyomi. He decided to take minor initiative this time, which was a first. He walked outside and wall-jumped onto the nearest building, further propelling his leaps by using his quirk to push himself off the surfaces. It didn't take long for him to fully scale the building and reach the roof.

He used this vantage point to scan the area and locate more robots to be taken out. Upon finding an untouched area of the testing facility he yelled below to his teammates. "I found some streets north of here without many groups. From the looks of it, it's crawling with three-pointers. You guys want to come?"
@Your-Friday-Filet @Sol the Lycanroc

Sol the Lycanroc

Previously Ember Wolf
Kunyomi nodded. "Sure, we might as well get more points." she aimed her hands at the ground and shot fire out of them, propelling herself upwards and onto the building. "Ryu, what about you? You could use your poison gas and I could ignite the toxins, destroying the robots and blocking almost everyone from entering. It's a win for us." She adjusted her track suit and drank from her water bottle.

"Yeah, that would be great!," he replied," who knows how many points we could score there." He looked up to where Nao was, squinting his eyes. He began to speak," Nao, you lead us to that place, I don't think I can get up there." He didn't know how much of his quirk he could use, perhaps if he had something to eat before... He was probably just overreacting, so he tried to calm himself down a bit.

"Fourth comes Takashi with spinal damage" Séan said as he steadied himself against a wall. He took a look at how bad the damage was. Not too bad. He have had worse injuries before. He cried out in pain when Takashi tapped his left leg, which was the one that was dislocated.
"Stop it! My swords and my bones are in a sort of symbiosis. If a sword is broken, a random bone in my body will dislocate. But I'll be fine. I've endured worse" he explained. He started limping over to the sword that Wyatt had left on the ground. He needed some way to take on the new wave of the robots.
"We'll need a new strategy" he said.

“Ok, on it!” Katsumi replied, flying over to the robots and dragging out a fight with them to give the girl enough time to do whatever she needed to do. He presumed she needed points, so he held off on actually destroying the robots, deciding to incapacitate them to a point where she could easily take them out. His power was waning anyways, and he seriously doubted he’d be able to take out more than five robots on his own.

=Nightshade=

<Shove it, Takashi,> Yua said tolerably before turning to Sean. <Yeah, no kidding,> she grumbled. <The “charge in and tear ‘em up” strategy really isn’t working.> She tore another robot to pieces, then backed up until she was near the group facing outwards. <Too many to do that. Add in the factors of injury and exhaustion, and...> She let it hang, halfheartedly lashing out at a robot who got close.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"I'm sorry for hurting you, Séan" he apologised, bowing low. "Well now I know there is a kill switch for you" he giggled. "Looking at our current situation I don't think that fighting would help, how much time is left?" He asked. "I think we should try helping out the others, cause I have a second plan that might work, basically I make as many clones as I can. Once said clones have been made I make a divergence, by overrunning the the place with clones. Actually now that I think about it, I don't think it's a good idea. We are gonna need to get help here with gaijin but I don't know how. Maybe Yua can turn into a bird and get help, or I can get a clone or umm shit weasles, I'm out of ideas. All we can do now is run or fight." He finished, he played with his swords before looking to the others for help.

"Hmm... Takashi have used too many clones, Yua is getting exhausted and i have a bad leg. I think we should make a tactical retreat first. But i'm not in any condition to run. So i could cover your retreat. These robots won't hurt me too much. At worst, i would pass out. But nothing more serious than that. Go! Leave me! Let me be a hero!" Séan said, more dramatically than serious even if it was a serious thing he planned out. Really, they didn't have much options anyway. So Séan decided to be the dramatic one. He slashed down another robot with his sword, but was more careful not to hit the armored parts, and started limping towards the fray. He felt really cringy, yet cool at the same time.
"Please just go before i change my mind because of the cringe..." he said.