• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Motostoke Pokémon Academy [Discussion]

The main thread is currently in creation, but you may still join if you’d like.

I haven’t seen a whole lot of those Pokémon school roleplays in a while, and I, along with quite a few others, tend to enjoy participating in them for some lighthearted rp’ing. That said, all global and PRP-specific rules are definitely in place, and by golly, you’d better have a good explanation for shinies and before talking to a moderator about having a Mega Evolution-capable Pokémon. I will turn your character down if they have a shiny for no reason other than “they found a shiny!!1!!1” unless it’s some unattractive, unpopular Pokémon such as Cradily or Woobat, which I might consider.

You may sign up to either be a teacher, the principal (which I will be very strict about), or a student. We will mainly focus on those in their freshman year, but you’re welcome to choose something else—just know your OC probably won’t show up as often unless you make it happen.

-~•o0o•~-
On August 3rd, after sending in your application, you receive a particularly lengthy email from the principal of Motostoke Pokémon Academy telling you that you were accepted, in summary. After they pick apart your essay and such, they finally assign you a dorm, a roommate, and a schedule, and congratulate you on your acceptance. Not all students are able to make the cut.

Congratulations for making it in! You start three weeks from the time you get the email. Please fill out this form if you’d like to join.

Name: (FULL name. Including middle and surname.)
Year/Subject: (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior—for teachers, it’s which subject they teach.)
Appearance:
Classes: ([Erase for teachers.] Which classes do they take? They’re isn’t a set list yet, but mathematics, science, social studies, battling, etc are a given, so please only include extra skills, like coordinating and breeding.)
Roommate: ([Erase for teachers.] I will assign these when we have enough people. You may request roommates over a group PM.)
Pokémon:
Other:

CHARACTERS:
+
Name: Sterling Abagail Mae
• Her friends call her Eri [Sterling] because her name is pretty long. Also, some people think it’s kind of weird because Sterling is typically a boy’s name.
Year/Subject: Freshman
Appearance: Sterling stands at five foot four and has frizzy, mouse brown hair tied up in some very fluffy high pigtails. She has yellowish hazel eyes that almost seem unnatural. While her wardrobe is almost entirely made up of astronomy, space, or mythology themed clothing, she tends to avoid wearing it at school so she’s not seen as an eccentric weirdo.
Classes: In addition to her regular classes, Sterling takes courses typically found in researchers, though she occasionally takes seminars on coordinating for fun and to add to her resume in the future.
Roommate: Charlotte Piletski
Pokémon:
• Murkrow (M) “Aries”
• Grotle (F) “Lily”
Other: She’s very into astronomy and mythology, a big fan of horoscopes and such.
+
Name: Gustav Johannes Berlitz
Year/Subject: Sophomore
Appearance: Blue hair and eyes on a 5'9" slim frame, he is known to wear lots of blue.
Classes: Pokemon Breeding and other classes related to breeding
Roommate: Random
Pokémon:
A Male Obstagoon with the Ability Reckless, was caught shortly before getting into motostoke.

A male Shiftry with the Ability Early Bird, caught abroad.

A Female Kantonian Rapidash with the Ability Flame Body, hatched from an egg at home.

A male Grotle with the ability Overgrow from Professor Rowan.
Other: If Grotle doesn't work, then I willswap for A Dartrix.
+
Year: Junior
Appearance: Standing at 5'5" with a slim body build, Fair skin, dull dark Blue eyes and short messy jet back hair. His attire consists of a dull colored turtleneck under a knee long White coat, Black pants and white slip on shoes.
Classes: Pokemon care, his parents chose this given how his mother was an assistant at a Pokemon center, although Reginald barely argued as it would help him better understand Pokemon better.
Roommate: Nathaniel Windage
Pokémon:
Corviknight (Male)
Houndoom (Male)
Indeedee (Female)
Tangrowth (Female)
Other: Reginald's home is in Hulbury, his mother works at a a Pokemon center and his father works as a manager at The Captain's Table. He wanted to be a Pokemon trainer, but his parents insisted that he at least finish school and his studies before journeying such a beautiful and complex world.
+
Name: Charlotte "Charlie" Piletski
Year/Subject: Junior
Appearance: Charlie stands at 5'3", sports sunflower blonde colored hair with bubblegum pink streaks, and rather dark eyes. In general Charlie typically wears pastel or bright colored clothes, her outfits mainly consisting of skirts and dresses due to her passion for her aesthetic.
Classes: Aside from the basic curriculum needed for her grade level, Charlie takes classes for coordinating and anything revolving around the arts since her big idea was to take all the fun classes during her Junior year and then take the classes that focused on her desired career during her last year.
Roommate: Sterling Mae
Pokémon:
1) Lopunny (Female)
2) Dedenne (Female)
3) Togekiss (Female)
4) Wigglytuff (Male)
Other: Charlie's family originally lived in the Kalos region but they moved to Galar in order for her mother to expand her company and establish boutiques in other regions, starting in Galar.
+
Name: Nathaniel “Nathan” Windage
Year/Subject: Senior
Appearance: Nathan is at an average height for his age and usually wears a vendetta mask to cover his face. He has back hair and has green eyes. He wears a black hoodie and black jeans.
Personality: Nathan usually keeps to himself, but can get very aggressive very easily.
Classes: Coordinating
Roommate: Reginald Stockman
Pokemon:
Obstagoon (Male, Ability: Obstruct)
Sableye (Male, Ability: Prankster)
Greninja (Female, Ability: Torrent)
Absol (Female, Ability: Justified)
Other: Usually Skips Class
+
Name: Firey Seth Argentston
Appearance: Medium length silver hair with blue eyes on a slim 5'11" frame, he commonly wears, blues, red, black and grey colors. He is known to wear a gray cloak with a green inside.
Classes: Frontier History, Frontier Planning, Other classes, Career is Frontier Brain.
Pokémon:
Salamence with the Ability Intimidate, she was hatched out of an Egg that was left to Firey by his dad.

Metagross with the Ability Clear Body, hatched out of an egg left by Firey's dad.

Sharp, Female Absol with the Ability Pressure, was found wandering through Firey's stuff on route 120

Burny, Male Blaziken with the Ability Blaze, he was given to him by professor Birch.

Other: He is also a Vigilante known as the Cloaked Rider on the weekends, also is taken. He was born and raised in Hoenn, with his mother and 3 sisters.
+
Name: Ariana Meghan Montgomery
Appearance: long Platinum blonde hair and green eyes on a hourglass, 5'4" figure, she commonly wears dresses of various colors.
Classes: Coordinating based classes other than main classes.
Pokémon:
A Male Tyrantrum with the Ability Strong Jaw, was an egg gifted to her by a breeder in Kalos while she was with her father on a business trip.

A male Arcanine with the Ability Flash Fire, he was given to her by a dead grandfather and she has a hard time keeping him in control.

A female Mudkip with the ability Torrent, caught on her birthday.

A male Dedenne with the Ability Cheek Pouch, caught from a massive horde event during her father's business trip.

Other: She is taken, and is a bit shy. Ariana was raised in Unova, and she has a scar from a Feraligatr attack when she was younger, her twin brother died from his injuries before her father, or his Tyranitar, were able to get there.
Currently None

Last edited:
Oof, there goes my chance of using a character that I made a while back, since she had a shiny. (The backstory is that she received it from her aunt, who is a Mareep farmer. Basically her aunt breed tons of Mareep. The character helped hatch and raise the Mareep and then her aunt sold the farm due to health problems. She gave the shiny Mareep to my character)

I'll think of something new...

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Appearance: Nathan is at an average height for his age and usually wears a vendetta mask to cover his face. He has back hair and has green eyes. He wears a black hoodie and black jeans.
Personality: Nathan usually keeps to himself, but can get very aggressive very easily.
Roommate: Reginald
Pokemon: Obstagoon(Male)
Sableye( Male, Ability: Prankster)
Greninja(Female, Ability: Torrent)
Absol(Female, Ability: Justified)

Last edited:
As stated above, there aren’t many rules beside the global and and PRP ones, and also my additional shiny rule. Evolved Pokémon are fine within reason and using common sense, just like anything else—we can’t have a freshman running around with a team full of pseudo-legendaries, now can we? But it’s all pretty self-regulated.

Roommate:
Pokemon:
Obstagoon (Male, Ability: Obstruct)
Sableye (Male, Ability: Prankster)
Greninja (Female, Ability: Torrent)
Absol (Female, Ability: Justified)

This form looks fine, save for some grammar (mostly formatting with the parentheses) errors that I corrected in the quote. I’ve participated in a roleplay with you before—all I ask is that if you join, you put in a lot of effort to your posts to make them a reasonable length, and you’re good to go!

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
Name: Charlotte "Charlie" Piletski

Year/Subject: Junior

Appearance: Charlie stands at 5'3", sports wavy shoulder length sunflower blonde colored hair with bubblegum pink streaks, very dark eyes, and a rather fair skin tone with a slight tinge of tan. In general Charlie typically wears pastel or bright colored clothes, her outfits mainly consisting of skirts and dresses due to her passion for her aesthetic.

Classes: Aside from the basic curriculum needed for her grade level, Charlie takes classes for coordinating and anything revolving around the arts since her big idea was to take all the fun classes during her Junior year and then take the classes that focused on her desired career during her last year.

Roommate:

Pokémon:
1) Lopunny (Female)
2) Dedenne (Female)
3) Togekiss (Female)
4) Wigglytuff (Male)

Other: Charlie's family originally lived in the Kalos region but they moved to Galar in order for her mother to expand her company and establish boutiques in other regions, starting in Galar.

I do hope my team isn't too much. I'll gladly alter anything in my characters bio if needed.

Last edited:
Hopefully this will help me be a bit more active in RPing, been feeling rather apathetic.

Name: Reginald "Reggie" Stockman
Year: Junior
Appearance: Standing at 5'5" with a slim body build, Fair skin, dull dark Blue eyes and short messy jet back hair. His attire consists of a dull colored turtleneck under a knee long White coat, Black pants and white slip on shoes.
Classes: Pokemon care, his parents chose this given how his mother was an assistant at a Pokemon center, although Reginald barely argued as it would help him better understand Pokemon better.
Roommate: Nathan.
Pokémon:
Corviknight (Male)
Houndoom (Male)
Indeedee (Female)
Tangrowth (Female)
Other: Reginald's home is in Hulbury, his mother works at a a Pokemon center and his father works as a manager at The Captain's Table. He wanted to be a Pokemon trainer, but his parents insisted that he at least finish school and his studies before journeying such a beautiful and complex world.

P.S. @XxMrNinjaxX, Obstruct Obstagoon's signature move, not an ability.

Last edited:
Okie dokie den!

Name: Cole Silverwind
Year/Subject: Freshmen
Appearance: He stands at 4'2 with dark skin, a maroon hoodie, and under that, a grey shirt with Cinderace Initials on it. He wears black slim pants, and brown boots, as well. Finally, he has orange and red goggles that he normally keeps on his neck when they aren't in use.
Classes: Pokemon Racing and Elite Battling, as his mother is a renowned Rhyhorn Racer and his father is a Gym Leader in the minor League for Galar.
Roomate: Unknown for now.
Pokemon: Scorbunny (Male)
Shinx (Female)
Other: His heritage is a mix of both Kalos and Galar. He went to Motostoke Academy to learn more and grow! He is energetic, peppy and naturally happy.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Katelyn Amelia Saunders
Year: Freshman
Appearance: 5'2", athletically built, has a scar across her nose and freckles on her face. She has long wavy ginger hair and dazzling green eyes. She wears a white shirt and a pink cropped hoodie with grey leggings and white trainers.
Classes:
Roommate:
Pokémon:
Ginger (Eevee)
Nifty (Braixen)
Biscuit (Snorlax)​
Other:

Name: Bellamy Alexander Lightwood
Year: Senior
Appearance: 6'2", kind of muscular, has a scar across his chest and a tattoo of a fox across his back. He has short messy brown hair and piercing grey eyes. He wears a white sleeveless shirt and a black leather jacket with blue denim trousers and black trainers.
Classes:
Roommate:
Pokémon:
Wren (Umbreon)(Shiny)7
Jade (Leafeon)
Aeris (Espeon)
Sadie (Flareon)​
Other: The shiny was given to him by his mother before she died after she bought it from an expensive breeder. (That was my original reasoning but I can get rid of the shiny)

Name: Kayla Abigail Spruse
Appearance: Long black hair tied in a neat ponytail, Kayla is someone who loves to look professional. Her eyes are icy blue that seems to peirce into someone at the slightest narrow. She tends to have near perfect, if not perfect, posture. Everything about her uniform screams "perfection," as she keeps her shirt tucked at all times, her shoes are neatly buckled, and she always has every button buttoned, every zipper zipped, and every ribbon tied. She is notably tall and quite thin in appearance and her skin tone is very light. She dresses for business casual, always looking nice or professional (most of the time, both).
Classes: Law? She does want to join Interpol. Maybe some breeding?
Roommate:
Pokémon:

Name: Esme the Amphros (shiny)
Reason for Shiny: Esme was Kayla's first Pokemon. She was hatched by Kayla and her great aunt when Kayla was 7. Since her great-aunt lived really close to city limits (out on route 34), Kayla often visited the shiny Mareep. Now, Kayla's great-aunt was a Mareep farmer, selling the wool to people. And she was getting old, very much so. She had a hard time getting around, and she decided to retire. Kayla begged for her to at least keep the special pink Mareep she helped raise. However, her great-aunt did more than that, she gave the Mareep to her. As it "was already yours. Just didn't have the Pokeball for her."

Name: Belle the Ninetails
Cool Info: She was Kayla's first wild-catch.

Name: Washington the Braviary
Cool Info: He used to belong to her mom, but Kayla took him as her own to remember her mother by.

Name: Mycelium the Shroomish
Cool Info: She got Mycelium during a brief vacation to Hoenn for her dad to relax some. She named him after a part of a mushroom.

And, an egg

Other: She comes from the outskirts of Goldenrod City, Johto.

Kayla is the know-it-all that seems to be the most intelligent in the whole classroom. She also might be the most capable of running a household. However, she is also very unapproachable. She prefers to be on her lonesome and tries to stay away from the other students, believing that they'll drag her down. She cares very much for her grades, and seems to only care about staying ahead of everyone around her. She also hates talking about her personal life and about her homelife before she joined the academy. She does have a softer side though, you just have to dig really deep.

Kayla is the oldest of five siblings. She left her home at the age of 13 to try to become the champion of the Indigo League. This, however, failed, as a year later, her mom died in a fatal car accident. Kayla returned home to care for her four younger siblings as her dad worked like a machine. Kayla grew up quickly, becoming a mom-figure to her younger siblings, returning to school in the process. By her 18th year, she was able to leave, three of her four siblings now caring for themselves. She gave up on the dream of becoming a champion and went to go to a better school.

Done with this monster.