• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Motostoke Pokémon Academy [Discussion]

Banan-chan

Previously QueOne
Sorry that my sheet is so late, I haven't had much time to make it and I decided to make a entirely new character.

Name: Ralph Essigi
Year/Subject: Sophomore
Appearance: Big and a little chubby, but also strong. He has short black hair, and prefers to wear short sleeves and shorts. Despite his stature, he generally appears friendly and non threatening.
Classes: All the core classes only, along with study hall
Roommate: Undefined
Pokémon:

Wingull (M)
Ability Hydration
-Water Pulse
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Rain Dance

Horsea (F)
Ability Swift Swim
-Bubble Beam
-Focus Energy
-Smokescreen
-Dragon Breath

Other:
Ralph comes from Slateport City, Hoenn, where his father works as a sailor. During his childhood, since his mother was no longer in the family, Ralph traveled along with his father from region to region. Young Ralph was fond of these adventures overseas, but unfortunately the good times could not last. Outside of the summer, since Ralph was not old enough to stay at home alone, he was forced to attend boarding schools. By high school, getting into one of these academies was mounting significantly in difficulty. Luckily, for whatever reason, Ralph was accepted into a school in the Galar region.

Also, I am wondering how the students above Freshman will work. Are they transferring in from somewhere else, or are they residents already?

@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!, what is your reasoning behind those? Lileep is a fossil Pokémon, so I’m a bit skeptical, but I’m genuinely curious as to how your trainer met Heatmor.

And, @everyone_in_this_thread... I’m so sorry about the delay with the main rp. I haven’t been able to work on it much and as such, will try my best to get it out—I have a piece of it done, don’t fret, but it’s not quite enough to begin with.

I'll submit three, you can accept as many as you want

Name: Firey Seth Argentston
Year/Subject: Senior
Appearance: Medium length silver hair with blue eyes on a slim 5'11" frame, he commonly wears, blues, red, black and grey colors. He is known to wear a gray cloak with a green inside.
Classes: Frontier History, Frontier Planning, Other classes, Career is Frontier Brain.
Roommate: Random
Pokémon:
Salamence with the Ability Intimidate, she was hatched out of an Egg that was left to Firey by his dad.

Metagross with the Ability Clear Body, hatched out of an egg left by Firey's dad.

Sharp, Female Absol with the Ability Pressure, was found wandering through Firey's stuff on route 120

Burny, Male Blaziken with the Ability Blaze, he was given to him by professor Birch.

Other: He is also a Vigilante known as the Cloaked Rider on the weekends, also is taken. He was born and raised in Hoenn, with his mother and 3 sisters.

--------

Name: Ariana Meghan Montgomery
Year/Subject: Senior
Appearance: long Platinum blonde hair and green eyes on a hourglass, 5'4" figure, she commonly wears dresses of various colors.
Classes: Coordinating based classes other than main classes.
Pokémon:
A Male Tyrantrum with the Ability Strong Jaw, was an egg gifted to her by a breeder in Kalos while she was with her father on a business trip.

A male Arcanine with the Ability Flash Fire, he was given to her by a dead grandfather and she has a hard time keeping him in control.

A female Mudkip with the ability Torrent, caught on her birthday.

A male Dedenne with the Ability Cheek Pouch, caught from a massive horde event during her father's business trip.

Other: She is taken, and is a bit shy. Ariana was raised in Unova, and she has a scar from a Feraligatr attack when she was younger, her twin brother died from his injuries before her father, or his Tyranitar, were able to get there.

------

Name: Gustav Johannes Berlitz
Appearance: Blue hair and eyes on a 5'9" slim frame, he is known to wear lots of blue.
Classes: Pokemon Breeding and other classes related to breeding
Pokémon:
A Male Obstagoon with the Ability Reckless, was caught shortly before getting into motostoke.

A male Shiftry with the Ability Early Bird, caught abroad.

A Female Kantonian Rapidash with the Ability Flame Body, hatched from an egg at home.

A male Grotle with the ability Overgrow from Professor Rowan.
Other: If Grotle doesn't work, then I will swap for A Dartrix.

Last edited:
Here is my profile.

Name: Tristan “Trist” Jones
Appearance: He is a tall thin teen with short brown hair styled in a pompadour. He has orange eyes and an amber necklace. He wears a denim jacket with cargo pants. He wears light-up sneakers and has a watch.
Personality: He is an extrovert and very confident and funny. However, he is impulsive and he can jump into things too quickly.
Classes: All core classes along with Ranger classes and Study Hall.
Roommate: Undefined
Pokémon:
Shiny Heatmor (M) ”Pyro”
Scizor (M) “Shrimp”
Lileep (F) “Sundew”
Jangmo-o (M) “Imperaco”
Other: He is an expert saxophone player, having played at jazz clubs in Galar. He has one along with a phone and laptop. He also is secretly a really good parkour artist.

Last edited:
I want to bring in a teacher who could be a homeroom teacher. She mainly teaches about Pokemon Care and the Basics of Battling. However, she can also teach advanced courses like Pokemon Tactics and Battle Studies, where she teaches about Mega Evolution (since its been awhile since I gave this character to Stellar to approve, it is likely I would need approval again so I'm not allowing a Mega Gengar for my character this time around) and Z-Crystals and Dynamax/Gigantamax.

However, if any of you want to make teachers who want to teach these subjects you may. This teacher isn't specialized in teaching about contests or the arts of showing off your Pokemon (or yourself like the Kalos Performances). Since this is in Galar, it is likely learning about Z-Crystals is an extracurricular course she can teach after school or another teacher can teach on the side.

For other courses, she can teach Psychology of Humans and Pokemon (which is what she has a minor in), Basic to Advanced First Aid, and Advanced Biology to Genetics (which is what she majors in). These are just ideas of what she could teach. Due to being 45 and has reached a Doctorate's Degree, she has a wide variety of things to teach to children.

I am more comfortable in RPing a teacher and my schedule doesn't allow me to RP as often as I'd like to, so a student is off the table for me. If this idea is acceptable, I'll fill out the sheet.

Also, hi Cosmo. :D been a while.

I know these are a lot of subjects but she had also been on a journey for 25 years, as well as dealing with college during some of these years. XD and she owns a facility that focuses on the genes of Pokemon.
Also, are we doing the 4 move rule or around 10 moves within reason or what?

Last edited:
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!, accepted! I might not have him added to the main character log right away, because all the spoiler tags get a little hectic, but nonetheless you’re good to go.

@Merciless Medic, glad to see you! Your character would be suitable for this rp, given that you have Stellar’s approval, of course. Somehow I can never manage to respond a lot to your very long posts. It’s odd. Anyways, given that the school is of a fairly good reputation, it’s totally feasible that an experienced trainer like her could appear.
(Also, I think that might have been a double post—careful~ :>)

legacyranger04

Previously itsgarrett_31
hey is it still okay if i join? here's my sheet

Name: Justin Clay
Year: Sophomore
Appearance: Justin is a short kid for his age at 5’2” with tan skin since he lives in Alola, and wavy blonde hair and teal eyes. Justin usually wears khaki pants with a navy blue hoodie and pure white shoes.
Classes: Elite Battling and Gym Leader Prepareness
Roomate: don’t have a particular request
Pokemon:
Azumarill (Male, Ability: Huge Power)
Riolu (Male, Ability: Inner Focus)
Trumbeak (Female, Ability: Keen Eye)
Other: Justin gets excited really easily especially whenever it comes to Pokemon and food.

Hey, can I join too? Let's see.............

Name: Robby Cooper
Grade: Sophomore
Appearance: 6"03", black hair, blue eyes, pretty white, usually wears black hoodie with sweatpants, unless he's happy, when he will wear his black jacket and damaged jeans.
Classes: Martial Arts, Advanced Battling and Gym Leader Preparedness,
Roommate: Don't let them be stronger or weaker than me because I would prefer a alliance then a rivalry.
Pokémon:
Greninja (m)
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute
Gulurk(m)
- Trick or Treat
- Phantom Force
- Shadow Sneak
- Foul Play
Lucario(m)
- Aura Sphere
- Power Up Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Bisharp(m)
-Guilitine
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Iron Head

Aegislash(m)
-Kings Sheild
-Sacred Sword
-Swords Dance
-Iron Head

Seviper
-Poison Tail
-Acid
-Sludge
-Night slash
Almost forgot....

Robby was born and raised in Kalos, and is familiar with mega evolution, and has trained abroad for a few years. He is a force to be reckoned with, but is quite sad from things that he has had to know and see and feel.

(Is it ok to have a Mega and Keystone? If so, prepare for Mega Lucario, but if not....)

Last edited:

Appearance: 6"03", black hair, blue eyes, pretty white, usually wears black hoodie with sweatpants, unless he's happy, when he will wear his black jacket and damaged jeans.
Classes: Martial Arts, Elite Battling and Gym Leader Preparedness,
Roommate: If available Ralph Essigi, if not, anyone will do.
Pokémon:
Greninja (m)
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Cannon
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
Absol (f)
- Night Slash
- Thunder
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
Lucario(m)
- Mat Block
- Detect
- Quick Gaurd
- Close Combat

Almost forgot....

Robby was born and raised in Kalos, and is familiar with mega evolution, and has trained abroad for a few years. He is a force to be reckoned with, but is quite sad from things that he has had to know and see and feel

Does he have a Mega Stone and a Keystone or are you saying he's just familiar with it due to experiences fighting those kinds of Pokemon or seeing them in action? I checked and its fine to have a character see and possibly fight those Pokemon, but it is highly uncommon, so use that reasonably.

Also, why does Greninja have four Water-Type attacks, Absol have three Dark-Type attacks, and why does Lucario have four Fighting-Type moves, when Mat Block and Detect basically do something very similar (with Mat Block only being used first on a switch-in and doesn't even have priority like Detect), Quick Guard is just Detect that only works with priority moves when Detect has higher priority, and Lucario can't even learn Mat Block (only Throh and Greninja)? Is this a personal choice or is your character not that good at tactics? Because I'm not sure if he could be in an Elite Battling course if his Pokemon's usefulness can be nullified if they go up against a Ghost-Type, a Pokemon with Storm Drain, or a Fairy-Type.

An Elite Battling course is something I can see for a 16-18 year old who has a decent team and decent moves already and are generally pretty good tacticians. You wouldn't see too many sophomores get into this class, but I can see anybody Sophomore+ who can enter, or a Freshman who's a prodigy in battle.

Like, if your character isn't going to an Elite Battle course, I wouldn't be griping or asking so many questions, but these characters are handpicked to be at this prestigious academy. If your character is going there to learn how to fight, then how is your character handpicked out of all those before them and put into a class they don't have the experience to be in judging by the moves their Pokemon has? Also, if your character has been traveling for a few years, I thought they'd be a bit more knowledgeable in Pokemon movesets. Like, if there is a teacher for this class, your character would be ripped apart for their movesets alone. I can see your character being in a Basic Battling course, but nothing past Advanced.

Also, if he's a force to be reckoned with, then how come he isn't better at teaching his Pokemon coverage moves or things to support his team if you did make him be a good tactician (completely ruining the phrase "a force to be reckoned with" because now it just sounds like noise)? This doesn't come through from fighting with brute force but by being a good tactician and a good leader for his Pokemon.

Last edited:
A NOTE FROM COSMO:
She has allowed for all Pokemon to have the reasonable amount of moves around 4-8. So now you don't have to worry about keeping with 4 moves, just as long as your Pokemon and trainer can remember them and have a reasonable amount given their experiences.

hey is it still okay if i join? here's my sheet

Name: Justin Clay
Year: Sophomore
Appearance: Justin is a short kid for his age at 5’2” with tan skin since he lives in Alola, and wavy blonde hair and teal eyes. Justin usually wears khaki pants with a navy blue hoodie and pure white shoes.
Classes: Elite Battling and Gym Leader Prepareness
Roomate: don’t have a particular request
Pokemon:
Azumarill (Male, Ability: Huge Power)
Riolu (Male, Ability: Inner Focus)
Trumbeak (Female, Ability: Keen Eye)
Other: Justin gets excited really easily especially whenever it comes to Pokemon and food.

If you can give me a bit of knowledge on what character has in terms of being in an Elite Battling course instead of Advanced or Basic, let me know. Regardless, accepted. Welcome to the academy!

Classes: Martial Arts, Elite Battling and Gym Leader Preparedness,
Roommate: If available Ralph Essigi, if not, anyone will do.
Pokémon:
Greninja (m)
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Cannon
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
Absol (f)
- Night Slash
- Thunder
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
Lucario(m)
- Mat Block
- Detect
- Quick Gaurd
- Close Combat

Almost forgot....

Robby was born and raised in Kalos, and is familiar with mega evolution, and has trained abroad for a few years. He is a force to be reckoned with, but is quite sad from things that he has had to know and see and feel

If you have seen my last post, I'm sure you know my gripes on it. If you can change your movesets to be accepted into an Elite Battling course, then I'll consider it. Otherwise, your character will be placed in Basic or Advanced, and the phrase "a force to be reckoned with" will be ignored due to not showing better capabilities to warrant that phrase. You are still accepted, but if you don't change their movesets to include something we would see in the competitive scene, then your character won't be placed in the Elite Battling course. Also, these movesets are a problem in a Gym Leader Preparedness class. This class not only prepares your character's ability to maintain the building they must work in and teach and train Gym Trainers and their Pokemon, but to also have good movesets to challenge challengers who come in looking for a badge. If your character doesn't have good movesets, they won't hold to the standard of a Gym Leader. They won't be able to last in this class if they don't change their movesets. But you are accepted, so welcome to the academy! Just make sure to swap out Mat Block for a move that Lucario can learn and we'll be good.

Last edited:

legacyranger04

Previously itsgarrett_31
i'm gonna be honest i have no specific reason for being in Elite Battling and am totally fine with being in another class, as i put it there as another class to compliment Gym Leader Prepardness. although because of Azumarill's Huge Power, and the diversity of Riolu (perhaps to evolve) and Trumbeak (same situation) i think this character would fit well in advanced or basic. i'm down for whatever though and can't wait to start!

What sort of battleing class would by character be in?

I can see your character being between Advanced and Elite. I have no idea what moves they have, so I'm less inclined to put them in Elite, but I can see Advanced due to the Pokemon they have. Though, you don't have to be in the Advanced/Elite Battle classes, as they usually follow a career of battling. Unless your character's career path in Interpol is filled with battles, that is. XD

i'm gonna be honest i have no specific reason for being in Elite Battling and am totally fine with being in another class, as i put it there as another class to compliment Gym Leader Prepardness. although because of Azumarill's Huge Power, and the diversity of Riolu (perhaps to evolve) and Trumbeak (same situation) i think this character would fit well in advanced or basic. i'm down for whatever though and can't wait to start!

I can see Advanced. :) I was more wondering what moves they'd have to get them to Elite, but I can see them being Advanced, as well. The Pokemon they have is a pretty good team, so sure.

Also, showing what moves your Pokemon have isn't exactly needed, but it will help in figuring out which level of Battle class they can be put in if they want to go down that route. :)

I could see him being in Advanced based on the Pokemon he has. I'm not sure about their moves, but if your character wants to get better at battling and already has some experience with battling, then Advanced it is then. :)

Really, the criteria for getting into Advanced is having an understanding of moves, the battlefield, and your Pokemon's strengths and limitations, as well as having a slightly decent moveset. Basic Battling is more for people who don't know how battling works all that well and battling doesn't come second nature. Or it does, but they feel too afraid to fight and have to go through the class as a confidence-boosting exercise.

Yea. Mostly, the course is about refreshing over a few things, everyone is expected to understand Type weaknesses/resistances/immunities, and how to make generally good movesets with the team you have now. Then it will start going through all the themes of teams, like Trick Room teams, weather/terrain teams, hyper offense/defense, and the like before teaching them how to counter these teams and how to make hybrids of such themes and all that good stuff. XD Putting emphasis on hazard/screen setters and having your own Pokemon know moves to get rid of these hazards/screens, as everyone knows how to make a general offensive/defensive Pokemon at this point. Also an emphasis on one of those weird self-fainting members that use Final Gambit, Healing Wish, and the like. (lol just imagining a Shedinja using Trick Room and then Final Gambit, only for a really bulky Pokemon like Blissey coming out and using Mimic to copy Final Gambit. Given that the speed of the opponent is slower than the Shedinja but faster than the Blissey because Trick Room. If only Shedinja can actually use Trick Room).

I think I'm getting way over my head at this point. xD but it's cool. XD I wouldn't be surprised if the course allows students to go out on field trips to get a Pokemon they need to complete their team.