• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Murder in the Circus! (Murder Mystery RP - SIGN UPS HERE)

This RP has been completed. Well done!

((RP thread is here.))

It is said that once every three years, a very special circus comes to Kanto's Celadon City to perform, staking their tent behind the Game Corner. Humans and Pokemon alike travel from all over the region to marvel at the fantastic feats; not to mention the unusual Alolan forms on display. Knife-throwing, tightrope walks, a freak show, and even chariot stunts, all taken to a new level by Pokemon helpers - this circus really has it all.

But... this year, things seem just a little off. Tensions have always been high between the performers, sure, but the acts seem sloppier this year. People seem to be making an awful lot more errors than usual, even yelling at each other in the arena in a totally unprofessional manner. The ringmaster himself has started drinking during the performances, to try to calm his nerves. And when a high-stakes trick goes tragically wrong... could there be foul play involved? Will the culprit be discovered before they claim another victim? And, for god's sake, will someone please stop the ringmaster from drinking in front of the children?

All will be revealed! Or not.

- For this RP, you must be willing to write at least two paragraphs per post. Please bear this in mind when applying.

- You can RP as a human or a Pokemon - but if you're RPing as a Pokemon, don't expect to talk to humans. (You can still have human intelligence, and you can talk to other Pokemon, for... obvious reasons.)

- All of the site rules apply. Let's not get banned!

- This RP is for people 15 and over, because it's a murder mystery. While it's not dark and gory with entrails everywhere, one of my characters is going to drop dead. There will also be some swearing and alcohol (how much does depend on which suspects are more heavily questioned).

- One character per person. I'm the exception, as I will be RPing various suspects for you to interrogate.

- If you are RPing as a circus performer, you may have a max of three Pokemon, with two moves each. If you're RPing as a trainer, gym leader, police officer, or whatever else, you can have the usual six Pokemon, with four moves each. You cannot give any of your Pokemon the move Mind Reader.

- Please write "nerdlord" at the end of your sign up form so I know you've read the rules.

Name:
Position, if human: (Circus Performer, Police Officer, Trainer, ect. Circus Performers may only have 3 Pokemon at most. They may not be the ringmaster.)
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Pokemon in party, if human: (Please include moves)
Other info (Phobias, unusual talents, ect):
Example of writing (this can be a fanfic, link to other RP you've done, just something on the spot, ect. Please show at least two paragraphs):

Please note: I will be picky about who I approve. Your writing must be decent of quality and spelling, with at least a paragraph in each of the personality, appearance, and backstory sections.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah. As the rules say, I'd prefer we keep it to one per RPer for now. I've run this sort of thing in other places before, and there can be issues with one character run by an RPer mysteriously knowing info another character run by the same RPer found out. I may raise it to two characters later - we can always add more characters, but it's waaaay harder to take them out once they're in! xD

I've been RPing for a long time now though XD Yeaa, but I do understand. I hate it when people do that, though. I prefer continuity, not some weird force between one RPers characters to another. XD Great first impression, buddy of... Myself....

Anyway, then I'll just go with a very curious circus performer, until I can add my other character arriving at the scene of the murder as a psychologist helping the investigation. Besides, it wouldn't make sense for my 35-year-old psychologist to just suddenly appear, as he has super senses or something. Cops and detectives are fast, but not that fast XD and they usually don't recruit help, unless something is hard to decipher.

Also, welcome to Pokecharms! :D Just a side note, if there is anything in the RP that is going to be a little mature, we might need to put it up in the title saying 18+ or some age limit, just so we have that for us if someone says "we didn't warn them" and so some random kid doesn't enter and gets scared from the content. XD Just saying. No idea how serious you want to get in this RP, so throwing that out there.

Anyway, good night :D (it's 2 am over here XD PST sucks sometimes XD)

Yeah - I'd argue if someone does want to RP a cop from the start of the thing, they'd have to conveniently have them at the scene when the death goes down, because the death does look like an accident at first and the cops aren't immediately involved (giving player characters time to investigate, haha).

And thankyou!! I've gotta say, this place has the nicest interface for RPing I've seen yet. Don't worry yerself, though - the RP's not going to be thaaaat mature. I'll likely flag it for language, alcohol, and the obvious singular death - though the death itself isn't planned to be particularly bloody, nobody's going to lose a limb or anything like that. It'd be more of a 15+, I think.

(6PM over here. Aren't timezones great? : 'D)

Last edited:
Haiiiiiii XD
Name: Ariana Sewell
Position, if human: Trainer (I couldn't think of a circus role I liked XD )
Appearance: Ariana has long brown hair , blue eyes , tannish skin and freckles. She wears a cyan hoodie and jean shorts
Personality: Shes very shy, and finds it quite easy to keep calm. She isn't particularly smart, but is great at socializing, but only with people she trusts. She mainly likes to have fun with her pokemon over people as she has a great connection with them . Once you get to know her, shes an amazing friend.
Backstory: She came from Sinnoh in Twinleaf town, her family weren't particularly rich, but she didn't care. She once had to sit in hospital for a week because a sharpedo had bitten her back and severely injured her. She is dreaming of performing, which is why she came to watch the circus.
Pokemon in party, if human:
Buneary
Female
Moves: Charm, Ice punch , jump kick and fake out.
Sylveon
Female
Moves : Moonblast , shadow ball , calm mind and swift
Meowstic
Female
Moves : Thunderbolt , shadow ball , psychic and fake out
Other info (is there anything special about them I should know about? Phobias, unusual talents, ect): She finds it extremely easy to understand pokemon , and has a phobia of sharpedo (Backstory for info)
Example of writing (this can be a fanfic, link to other RP you've done, just something on the spot, ect. Please show at least two paragraphs!):
(hmm lmao I'll write something as if I started the RP XD)

"Aren't you guys excited!" Ariana said to all three of her pokemon as they were walking along the street. "We're going to watch a circus show! Who knows? We might even get a chance to learn how they perform!" All her pokemon cheered happily as they all continued to walk. Meowstic was looking around, admiring the beautiful trees swaying around while buneary was running around hyper, as usual. Sylveon was holding Ariana's hand with her feeler, as Ariana fed her a pokepuff. The elegant sun shone over all 4 of them. "Look! there it is!" Ariana happily yelled. All her pokemon ran , alongside her, towards the circus tent.

They waited in queue for quite some time before finally getting inside the tent. They all sat down gladly, not knowing what future lay ahead of them...
(PENNYWiSEEEEEE! lol jk)

Last edited:
That is indeed a whole lot of happy. Her personality seems pretty sparse, though - she's good at socializing, but is too shy to talk to people-? Those contradict each other quite a lot. Did you mean to say something else? Perhaps that she's ultra-friendly with those she knows well? (And if not, juuuust elaborate on how that works in her personality section, haha. I am confuse.)

You will also definitely want to think about what she'll do with regards to seeing a dead body, and lying in general (Will she lie herself? Will she call someone out loudly on their lie?), because there is going to be a lot of morally grey stuff in the RP. No need to put that in the personality section, or figure out what she'll do exactly right now, but have a think.

Otherwise, accepted if you can fix up her personality a bit. :) I will post a starter when we have enough characters.

Yea edited the personality, I meant shes great at socializing with people she knows she can trust, but otherwise is quite shy. Plus, if she were to see a dead body, she'd be creeped out at first but would find a way to calm herself down. As well as this, she wouldn't call someone else out on there lie unless it was with someone she knew very well, or if she hated the person that lied. I suspect she would say something regards to the dead body, and not stay quiet about it.

As I'm GMing the thing, one of my characters will be killed, and one of my characters will be the killer (not that you know that in-character, haha). I will be RPing the various suspects and letting you know if you find clues 'n' stuff. It is also possible for players to take the killer's side for whatever reason and work against the rest of the party, but they would have to talk to me over PMs before doing that.

The general idea is to work together to figure out who did it before the killer strikes again; it's a lot of fun~

I'd never kill someone else's character without their express permission, yikes! Certainly not in like, post one of a RP. XD
And yep, can't wait to get going~I was surprised no-one seemed to be running a murder thread at the moment, since there's so many folks here.

Name: Ryuji Hirayama
Position, if human: Trainer
Appearance: Ryuji has metallic silver hair and dark blue eyes. He wears a white sweatshirt that says "Tokyo" on it and ripped blue jeans. He is 7'0 and weighs 150lbs. He us normally seen with a black backpack, white beanie, and headphones on. He has very pale skin.
Personality: Ryuji is your basic average lazy teenager. He normally sits inside all day and prefers to relax with his pokemon. He can be outgoing, energetic, fun loving, and sassy but also really shy and quiet around people he doesn't know. He actually doesn't like battling all too much but does anything to protect his friends.
Backstory: His mother was one of professor Sycamore's lab assistance so Ryuji was often left alone at the house as a kid. His mother entrusted her Audino to look after him. The Audino took care of Ryuji like he was her own child. Then one day while Ryuji was visiting his mother the lab was attacked by team Flare and his mother died in the incident. He now is the Audino'strainer and seeks team Flare to learn the truth of what happened that day.
Pokemon in party, if human: Audino (Pandora, Female, Mega), Vapeoreon (Aquamarine, Male), Daveis (Petalossum, Male), Gardevoir (Alanedra, Female), and Lilligant (Orchid, Female)
Other info: He is a homosexual. He can't control mega Audino's power just yet.
Example of writing: Ryuji sat in a chair at one of Lumiose's many cafes. He and his Audino, Pandora stared out of the window watching the snow fall briskly from the sky. Pandora wore a white scarf and white snow dress to accommodate the cold weather. Ryuji took a sip of his hot chocolate and sighed. The snow had brought back happy memories of him and his mother sledding down hills when he was a child. Pandora sensed something was wrong with him, she could feel it. She scooted over closer to Ryuji and asked him what was wrong.

nerdlord and yes, my mega has been approved, yes I have permission from the Fakemons (Petalossum) creator (@AlleycatIrony ) to use it in RP. Check my bio for proof

Last edited:
Name: Salazar Sylph; "Snake Man" or "Snake Whisperer"
Position, if human: Circus Performer
Appearance: He has tattoos on his body that make him look more like a snake, as they cover his entire body. He will even wear yellow, snake contacts. Otherwise, he will have hazel eyes. He is 6'00" (1.83 m) and weighs 175 lbs (79.4 kg). He's also bald. You can see his skin being slightly pale, but the scales and tattoos done on him would make it almost impossible to see. The scaling isn't all just tattoo. He had the plastic surgeon raise the bumps, so it would feel like scales or bumpy skin. He has patterns on his arm that make him look like a Seviper, and his legs that make him look like a Serperior, while his chest is emblazoned with the same pattern his Arbok has. He also had his teeth done, so his canines are extra sharp, and plastic surgery made his cheekbones extremely sharp and his chin pointy. He was going to have his tongue split, but decided to keep it normal.

During performances, he wears his outfit that consists of a black torn vest that has broken buttons, leaving his torso bare, and shorts that look torn on the bottom, and no shoes. When not performing, he's usually wearing a black hoodie with black jeans and dark purple sneakers.
Personality: He is extremely nice and even dotes over his Pokemon at times, but is very serious during a performance, since that's his livelihood. If his Pokemon mess up, he works on them before the next performance on their act, so they wouldn't do it again. He can be quite secretive, and is a compulsive liar, especially when dealt with large amounts of stress. He won't shy away from learning the secrets of something, since he's very naturally curious, causing him a lot of trouble, and even making him lose some revenue over his snooping. All in all, he's a good kid and takes care of his Pokemon, but will undoubtedly get into trouble due to his curiosity and his compulsive lying.
Backstory: He was just a good ol' kid from the town of Rustboro City, Hoenn. He loved to play with his family's Pokemon, but then heard about the circus appearing in Kanto. He begged his parents to take him there, and after much coaxing from the little boy, they finally took him. He was amazed by the performances, and so desperately wanted to join them. 10 years later, and he's working for the same circus he had seen on that fateful day, making a living and loving his job as one of those freaks and his Pokemon. During those 10 years, he found his love for snakes, and wanted to be like them, so he had tattoos and plastic surgery done to make himself seem like his beloved Pokemon. Before he made it as the "Snake Man", he was the "Snake Belly Dancer" for awhile, before he found the life of a Pyroar tamer an exhilarating job, so he changed over to that one.
Pokemon in party, if human:
Seviper - [type]Poison[/type]
  • Fang Snake Pokemon
  • Nickname: Sevi
  • Female
  • Shed Skin
  • Has a brighter red on its tail than most of its species.
  • First Pokemon Salazar owned, as he was from Hoenn. Fell in love with the beauty of snakes after that.
  • Moves:
    • Poison Tail - [type]Poison[/type] | Physical | Increased critical hit ratio; 10% chance to Poison the target. | Also used to slice varying objects when showing how sharp Sevi's tail is.
    • Poison Fang - [type]Poison[/type] | Physical | 30% chance to Badly Poison the target. | Mainly used to show how ineffective venom is to Salazar in dangerous shows, or uses it to protect her trainer.

Arbok - [type]Poison[/type]
  • Cobra Pokemon
  • Nickname: Arbo
  • Male
  • Intimidate
  • The pattern on it's hood is different than the concept art. It looks like the pattern on the Dark Arbok from the TCG. (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Variant_Pok%C3%A9mon#Arbok (Variant Pokémon - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia) )
  • Second Pokemon Salazar owned, and evolved from an Ekans while he was on tour with the circus.
  • Moves:
    • Aqua Tail - [type]Water[/type] | Physical | Deals Damage. | Used in conjunction with Jalorda's Dragon Tail to spar against each other. Would also use it to splash the front seaters with water when doing some water stunts (which could be covering himself with water, starting at the tail, or making symbols in the air with water).
    • Haze - [type]Ice[/type] | Status | Resets all stat changes. | Can be used to make a sneaky entrance or exit, or hide something from view.

Serperior - [type]Grass[/type]
  • Regal Pokemon
  • Nickname: Jalorda
  • Male
  • Overgrow
  • The golden markings on this Pokemon are brighter than others of its species.
  • Third Pokemon Salazar owned and evolved all the way from Snivy. Got him as a gift from doing well in his performances from another audience member.
  • Moves:
    • Leech Seed - [type]Grass[/type] | Status | Gradually drains the target's HP by 1/16 of their max HP (or stamina if stats aren't a thing). | Can potentially use this for interrogation, but also cover the stage and props beforehand in sapping vines, as well as show how much stamina Salazar has.
    • Dragon Tail - [type]Dragon[/type] | Physical | Extremely slow to execute, but it knocks back the opponent to be switched out or end the battle. | Used in conjunction with Arbo's Aqua Tail to then spar against each other. Would also be used to slam against the ground and launch himself up in the air to perform aerial acrobatics.

Other info: He loves snakes a little too much. And nerdlord
Example of writing:
The boat approached the dock as the setting sun cast purple and golden hues across the sky, while also descending the shadows over the entirety of Mirai. A young man and woman, siblings or romantic partners with how close they were, leaned against the railing of the boat before it began to dock. The people here were already flooding to the gangplank before the boat even docked. It slowly slid over the waves and the sailors on the sides of the boat threw thick ropes for the others on the wooden dock to catch and twist around a metal anchor situated on the dock. The boat let out its own anchor, and everyone got into position, including the two mysterious characters.

These two both had hoods covering their faces, for if anybody knew who they looked like, they would be in for some serious trouble, especially when they see how colorful they were. All that color must mean they have money, right? Well, they would be right, but even before the clutches of human puberty hit, they looked like average kids. Nevertheless, they went along the crowd, crossing the gangplank cautiously so they don't fall in the harsh waves below that were already lapping at the boat's sides and the dock.

As soon as they crossed the plank and made it off the dock, they found the registration center - tall and full of gloom, just like the rest of this dreary city. As they walked inside, a taller figure pointed at the flyers for the region, a more in-depth look at the region than what their older flyer told. The shorter figure walked on over, the cloak she was wearing flowed elegantly in the wind, and her footsteps soft against the harsh floor of the registration center. As she got close, she could feel eyes stare harshly at her. Must be one of the guards. She quickly swiped the flyer off before retreating to the cloaked taller figure. They both mused over the singular flyer together, and they were in shock. So much money was needed, and they were only able to bring the 3000 Pokeyen. The older figure growled deeply, not liking this at all, but an elbow jab to the side stopped him. He could almost feel the glare from his younger sister (by 20 minutes) through the cloaks. He sighed and decided to behave.

As soon as they made it to the front of the line, they noticed that several young kids got severely picked on, while the older adults got more respect. They wondered what kind of attention they would get, as they walked up to the man that reminded both of them of a drill sergeant. Was this city ran by the military? The man took the older man's ID, but demanded he removed his hood. The older man looked at his younger sister and obliged, yet reluctantly. His flaming hair caught the light, and when his sister followed suit, both of them were like aliens coming in on some foreign planet. They looked strange, and the drill sergeant-like guard huffed in interest. He looked at Pyros' ID card again, this time finding something. The two strangers could both tell that he wasn't exactly caring, just as long as they weren't too young.

The man gruffly stated aloud: "Pyroshu Rastrixen Darastrix. Born in... Cocona Village. Registered in Saffron City, and you're thirty. You might have a chance, but a very marginal one. If I were you, I'd leave. Your looks would get you into some serious trouble."

He handed Pyros his ID card back, clearly stumped as to where Cocona Village was. He probably had never heard of it. He then took the sister's card, then stating her credentials for the person next to him to write everything down: "Shadara... Arcaf-... Arcafiwhed... Darastrix... Who thought out your names? Anyway, Born in Cocona Village. Again. Registered in Saffron City. Thirty years old. You two seem to be twins. Hmph," he gruffly muttered something that was intelligible, and gave Shade her ID back. She almost chuckled at the fact that he couldn't say her middle name, and their r's weren't rolled, but were hard r's. She didn't mind though, she had to get used to it.

The intelligible muttering was actually him demanding money for entrance, but neither heard. Pyros politely said: "What?" but that apparently didn't go well with the guy. The man glared at the giant in front of him, trying to square him up, but saw he was just as wide as he was. He gave up, but kept a very close eye on them. Pyros just glared nonchalantly at the guy, thinking: How cute. He's trying to look tough.

The man then spat back at Pyros: "500 PokeYen. Both of you. Now." He held out his hand, waiting for the oh-so-deserved cash to be placed upon it. Pyros and Shade both sighed softly and fished for their money. They both took out 500 PokeYen, as instructed, and placed it on his palm. When the man looked over and saw that they were definitely real money, he let them both pass by. Pyros whispered to Shade softly, but his anger was making his voice rise slightly.

"What is that guy's beef? I mean, seriously. If I had angered him anymore, he would've charged us more, probably. What even is this economy?"

"One the military likes, apparently," whispered Shade. She didn't like it, either, but they had to play along.

When they left the building, they saw there were groups of people heading off into the forest already. They seemed young, so they were probably starting the Mirai Pokemon League challenge. If so, then these fellas have competition. Shade looked over the map of Mirai, seeing that they were in Dolvious City, and the walk between the Pokemon Center and the Pokemon Mart were really far. Nevertheless, Shade and Pyros began to walk in the direction of the Pokemon Mart, but something stopped them. A group of hardened criminals were fighting a lady, trying to take her purse. Not liking this at all, Pyros rushed in, forgetting the consequences of what could happen if the cop finds them fighting. Shade hovered after him, not wanting to be left behind and didn't want him to bloody up the guy too terribly.

"Hey! Leave this lady alone!" he shouted.

The man stopped terrorizing the lady and smirked, slouching and glaring at the guy. "Or what?"

"Or this!" Pyros shouted, and slammed his fist straight into the guy's gut before he had time to react. This guy was quick, but he couldn't recover fast, since the movement caused his lungs to deplete of air and paralyze his diaphragm, making it almost impossible to breathe. When the guy doubled over from pain, Pyros slammed his fists upward, hitting the on the chin and sending him backwards, a harsh thud sounded as the guy went unconscious.

Shade punched Pyros hard on the arm and harshly whispered at him: "Why were you so loud? Now we can't buy anything because you started and ended a ruckus. I would have to go in there alone and deal with others, while you hide in the alleyways like some junk Rattata."

Pyros argued with her, his voice going an octave higher, but the stomping of feet could be heard and had interrupted them. Shade growled in frustration and pulled Pyros along the alleyways. She turned a corner and hid behind it, peeking out a bit to see a cop kneel over the body, then look around with his flashlight. When he couldn't find anything, he started going around to find some witnesses. Pyros pushed Shade toward the PokeMart, mouthing out "go" before he rushed back into the alleyway. Shade sighed and rushed inside the 'Mart, pulling up her hood before entering. With how shady she looked, the cop kept a close eye on her, as well from the previous scramble that happened before she appeared. She went towards the back of the store, finding any potions or Poke Balls. She found them, but the prices were outrageous. Now that her brother wasn't here, she could do what she wanted, as she grinned evilly and mischievously.

She didn't want anybody to see her Pokemon, but she decided this was going to be a lovely idea worth getting into trouble for. She let out her Gastly. From what she could remember from school was that the gas emitting from a Gastly could choke a person to death, or to unconsciousness. Plus, she was 98% gas, so her Gastly can disappear while still choking others, also her being a Ghost-Type helped. A red flash of light appeared at the back of the store, letting out Ghast, her Gengar's daughter, also known as Gar. The cop noticed and yelled out, but got no answer.

Instead, Shade whispered to Ghast and told her that she could steal the life force of the clerk and the cop. Gleefully agreeing to this idea, she did as she was told. Before the cop could get to the back of the store, a strange purple gas swept throughout the store. In an instant, the man began to choke on the gas, and he clutched at his throat, making this strange gurgling sounds. Shade, wincing at the sound, but also liking it way too much as it appealed to her darker side, she walked over and knelt down next to the cop. What the cop saw made him shoot glares of anger and fear toward the girl, as she waved goodbye with a smile that could rival a certain creepy doll from some creepy movie.

Ghast's gas had made its way toward the front now, knocking out the clerk before he even realized what was happening. Luckily the alarm hadn't sounded, but if she tried to tamper with the cash register, it would. Luckily for the clerk, he pressed the button underneath his desk to alert the authorities of a heist. Shade took 10 Poke Balls and 6 Potions, stuffing them all in her satchel before heading to the cash register. She knew how to work one from her time at working in retail, and this was no different, besides the placement being different. She scanned a random object off the shelf, added in an amount for cash, and hit cash. Walla! The register was opened! She then grabbed at least 1000 PokeYen, but before she could leave, she heard sirens outside. They were here. She told Ghast to follow her, and the gas disappeared and reformed to become Gastly, as Shade ran through a "Staff Only" door. It was just a storage room. Plus, pulling open the garage door would make a lot of sound. The garage door operated on a pulley system with chains, so that would undoubtedly make sound. That's when she saw a vent, just big enough to fit her. It was on a tall tower of shelves holding a lot of products. She could grab more, but didn't want to risk getting caught. The police would be coming in any second now. She heard the front door open with a soft "ding" before the adrenaline began pumping through her veins. Oh Arceus, this felt good. She found a door, but this would sound the fire alarm.

She decided to go to the vent, climbing the shelves with as much spunk as an Aipom, but as much grace as a Persian. As soon as she made it, she could hear the footsteps sound closer as they were investigating the cop-.... Oh crap, he was the last one to see her face. At least it wasn't illuminated and usually the moments right before someone faints could get quite foggy. She pulled the hatch off, almost falling off the shelf in the process. With a sigh of relief and now the fear of falling 25 feet was coming back to her she quickly crawled into the vent, which went upward. She put the vent back, snapping it back into place just in time before the police came through the garage. They searched, but couldn't find her, as she was making her way up the vents.

Sadly, she wasn't going as quiet as she would like, and their Arcanines and Scizors were already barking and punching holes in the walls in her general direction. She used all the strength she could muster to climb up the shaft as fast as she could. These cops would be on high alert, and there would be no point for anyone to stay now. Hopefully, she wouldn't be wanted in other cities, which would undoubtedly happen.

After about 5 minutes of climbing to the top, she pushed open the vent hooked on to an exhaust pipe and pulled the cloak over her head again. She told Ghast to form a fog around her body, while also giving her room to breathe. Ghast did what she could do, making her look like some purple blob. Shade peered through the thick fog, and saw that there was a street light nearby ahead of a fence that fenced out the back area of the store. She walked to one edge of the store's roof, catching attention from others below her, but they couldn't make it out who she was from Ghast's help. She then ran for it, going as fast as she could. Luckily, the training pulled off from when she was younger, and she ran so fast, the momentum from her jumping carried her to the street light, her outstretched hand catching and drawing herself towards the pole, and she slid down like a firefighter. The cops exclaimed toward her general direction, and she could hear their ferocious Pokemon getting closer.

She ran into a series of more alleyways, but she knew it was futile. She knew the powerful snout of an Arcanines were like no other and the flight of their Flying-Type Pokemon were hard to hide away from. She decided to slow them down, telling Ghast to use Haze at her section of the alleyway. With that, Ghast created a dark mist that coated a portion of the alleyway, and Shade turned another direction, giving them a choice of two ways she could go. She could hear their barking and shouting get further away before she ran into someone. They both tumbled over, and her goods spilled out of her bag.

That's when she saw it was her brother, Pyros. She smiled happily, but his face wasn't amused. In fact, he was infuriated. He started with: "You stole, didn't you?"

"Maybe, but how else were we getting the mo-"

"Keep it. I don't need it," he said harshly.

"You need a Poke Ball, though."

"Good point, but I don't need anything else," with that, he took the Poke Ball and swiftly left toward the Lost Souls Forest. Shade was left to scramble and gather everything before the Arcanines and Scizors caught up to her. She managed to get everything in the bag before the Pokemon turned to face her. 60 feet apart and she was only 10 feet away from the forest. She knew how fast they could go, so she told Ghast to use Hypnosis and hoped in her mind that it would hit. There were 3 of them, so she hoped that telekinetic delta waves could pass that far and tell those Arcanines to sleep.

A faint distortion came from Ghast's eyes as the Arcanines looked confused, but growled deeply. They were going to charge forward when the Hypnosis hit all but one. That one rushed forward while their comrades fell asleep or into a trance, and Ghast was quick to react. She used Shadow Ball, an ethereal ball of spiritual energy was formed, and it was bigger for some reason. Probably from the presence of other ghosts in the area. The large sphere of spiritual power was ejected and slammed into the face of the oncoming Arcanine quickly causing him to falter and push him towards a wall. Shade took it as a way to escape and fled into the forest while they were all trying to recover, Ghast following close behind. She also heard the buzzing and the flapping of the wings of the Pokemon from above, but dove into the shrubbery of the forest before they could swoop in on her. She could feel them hovering around the boundary between the forest and the city before they got called back. The cops would send a bounty on her head, or something equivalent to that, and they would hope that the forest finishes her off soon.

As she made it to the forest, and finally her brother, she could feel a wave of anger from him. He wasn't going to blow up now, was he?

Pyros whirled around and grabbed Shade by the shoulders, almost shouting: "What were you thinking? You could've gotten captured, and I would've had to find a way to bust you out. I only have assault and police evasion on my head, while you have theft, burglary, attacking an officer, and police evasion. 2-4. You will be hunted more than me, and they probably wouldn't even bat an eye to me. If they were smart, they would've put a bounty on your head, and I'm pretty sure this place comes with a whole lot of mercenaries looking for work."

Shade sighed in defeat and looked down, wanting to argue, but knew he was right. She shouldn't have. But the prices were outrageous! Twice the amount, but Pyros knew from the old flyer, and he didn't care. He wanted to go through this without needing to resort to dirty means and as soon as they entered the first city, they already got the entire police force on their ass. At least they'll leave them both alone, now that they are in the most dangerous forest they've ever been in.

They both sighed and Shade apologized, but Pyros found some use to the items. He took the three potions and five Poke Balls, leaving her with the halves of the items. He even took the 500 PokeYen from her, leaving them both with the amount of money and more stuff than they started out with. He did this all while his face was emotionless and cold, and he didn't want to speak a word. He then left her, dodging into the bushes, while Shade was left to return Ghast and run after him.

-------
Name: Shadara Darastrix
Money: 3000 PokeYen
Team: Ghast (Female Gastly)
Bag: Mirai Region Guide, 3 Potions, 5 Poke Balls.

Name: Pyroshu Darastrix
Money: 3000 PokeYen
Team: Fiaro (Male Fletchling)
Bag: 3 Potions, 5 Poke Balls.

Also, the stuff below the post is a part of it, as a status to what the characters have lost or gained.

Last edited:
Name: Koda
Position, if human: Trainer
Appearance: Koda trainer.png
Personality: Good at drawing, somewhat hyperactive, likes to battle, and loves to catch more Pokemon.
Backstory: Came from Kanto hoping to be a Pokemon master.
Pokemon in party, if human: Umbreon, Lucario, Haunter, Pikachu, Ninetales, Beedrill
Other info (is there anything special about them I should know about? Phobias, unusual talents, ect): N/A

Waaaay too short. Please have a look at what the people who have been approved have written; this RP requires that you write at least two paragraphs per post, and your description doesn't even come close to one. You also haven't included any example of your writing, which is required.

Ah, thought so. You're missing the codeword, after all.

Please read everything thoroughly; a murder mystery does require an eye for detail! You are welcome to come back when you've worked out something more suitable for the RP.

Sorry I haven't been responding! I had to go to the hospital so I read up on what was going on and tried putting together a post. I am a bit loopy because I'm on some medicine right now but I'll try my best. Sorry for the inconvenience.

While you weren't around:
- the hot guy Ryuji met (Chad) died horribly after his chariot broke. The last person to touch it was the knife-thrower, who hitched it up in the middle of the arena.
- the break was not accidental - someone or something partially sawn the beam that connects to the horses. Unusual lines of ash were also found along the beam, despite the beam being coated in fire-proof paint
- the accident left Chad's two Ponyta and a Rapidash to go running around the ring
- Salazar and the ringmaster (Ben) were able to get the Ponyta under control and out of the ring
- Tyler is supposed to be managing the Rapidash and stop it from rampaging, but Tyler hates Pokemon and as such is... not doing very well

I've made the whole thing relatively easy compared to some of the games I've run in the past, but then again there's literally six suspects + their Pokemon lmao

When all of their names have been revealed (and there's only two to go at this point), I will put up character sheets with important info, so y'all can keep track of who's claiming what.

I did not think I would have to make a rule about moving the evidence, this one is probably on me.

I'm going to allow it this time, since Salazar and Sky found it before it got moved, but stuff like that will need to be okayed ahead of time over PMs in the future! You could really screw up people's chances of figuring things out, otherwise - in this case, if Salazar hadn't noticed the cut beam then there would be literally no reason to assume foul play.

At the risk of tipping y'all off, I will have to say that the evidence in this instance can't be destroyed, nor hidden somewhere impossible to find again. There are still things significant about both body and chariot.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how you'd be able to bury a chariot and corpse in under a few minutes, but yeah. So long as it hasn't been eaten, set on fire, loaded on a ship going to Alola, ect, I'm okay with it. I would say hiding it in a caravan, backstage, or just dumping it in some bushes outside the circus would be okay.