• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shen's right, during the Kabuto backstory Kabuto also stabbed him in the heart...multiple times... and Orochimaru was still fine.

Well video quality is kinda bad but it was what I could find.

He shed his skin there. Which is what I was expecting to happen with Shen. If Orochimaru did that I would have no issues.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
He shed his skin there. Which is what I was expecting to happen with Shen. If Orochimaru did that I would have no issues.

And that was after multiple chakra blade stabs, in this case it was just a kunai. Orochimaru has taken nine tailed cloak hits and simply laughed them off, I think surviving a stabbing of a simple tool isn’t too much of a stretch.

Personally, I don't think his physical body means much. Since he's always transferring bodies even if his current one dies he can revive himself like what Sasuke did in the war arc. I think you should go more for annihilation rather than a lethal blow.

Got that in mind.

I wonder what that might be? As the kunai was shattered by the rashoumon after all

You'll find our for yourself. Though only time will tell....

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see *Evil laughter*

((Though low ki the fact the we are both trying to win as quickly and efficiently as we can is gonna take away from the fight IMO. Though it is what it is.))

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see *Evil laughter*

((Though low ki the fact the we are both trying to win as quickly and efficiently as we can is gonna take away from the fight IMO. Though it is what it is.))

Oh I have my own plan in mind, Orochimaru wouldn’t be Orochimaru if he didn’t toy with his prey hehehe. It won’t be unclimacticly quick if that’s what you wondering.

I get that, but still. Focusing on trying to have your character "win" at all costs rather than just doing what is the most exciting battle and making "concessions" as far as who wins/loses can make things unpredictable but also lead to incredibly disappointing battles (Kiro vs. Azumi). Though again that is just more of me pre-planning battles in other RPs and getting used to/growing to accept this format.

I think it’s more of the former. Because Azumi and Kiro was a special case where retro did something illegal and there was guilt in the picture. Most things in this Rp that were improvised lead to some very memorable battles! Like take Kai vs Sagiso, Kiro vs Hashima, tomiko vs Kiro, and others as well

I think it’s more of the former. Because Azumi and Kiro was a special case where retro did something illegal and there was guilt in the picture. Most things in this Rp that were improvised lead to some very memorable battles! Like take Kai vs Sagiso, Kiro vs Hashima, tomiko vs Kiro, and others as well

Tomiko & Kiro felt too one sided, with only the ending sequence being the real highlight and Hashima vs. Kiro was fun though maybe had too many "Oh you did this? Sike I counter it with this thing!" going on for me. Plus that fight didn't need the death in it, though I understand and respect Nebulix's decision.

But I understand that this format can still do good matches. I'm just not a fan of "win at all costs" versus what works better for the narrative myself. Minato dropping dead without doing anything meaningful towards Orochimaru or Minato taking out Orochimaru & the Jinchuriki with no cost would be bad for the story IMO but we could end up in that direction if you or I lack a counter for a sudden move the other pulls.

That's all I am saying. Just worried and all.

Tomiko & Kiro felt too one sided, with only the ending sequence being the real highlight and Hashima vs. Kiro was fun though maybe had too many "Oh you did this? Sike I counter it with this thing!" going on for me. Plus that fight didn't need the death in it, though I understand and respect Nebulix's decision.

But I understand that this format can still do good matches. I'm just not a fan of "win at all costs" versus what works better for the narrative myself. Minato dropping dead without doing anything meaningful towards Orochimaru or Minato taking out Orochimaru & the Jinchuriki with no cost would be bad for the story IMO but we could end up in that direction if you or I lack a counter for a sudden move the other pulls.

That's all I am saying. Just worried and all.

I can see where your getting at. You mean the end game of all of this, correct? Not wanting it to end in an anticlimactic way or die for no reason at all. I can respect and understand that. Surely it won’t end so abruptly, but I’m sure something would happen as to end epically or be of major importance. Because I can think of many things on my feet in different scenarios, and there’s things like the reaper death seal, etc. point is, it’s not going to end unfullfillingly

I can see where your getting at. You mean the end game of all of this, correct? Not wanting it to end in an anticlimactic way or die for no reason at all. I can respect and understand that. Surely it won’t end so abruptly, but I’m sure something would happen as to end epically or be of major importance. Because I can think of many things on my feet in different scenarios, and there’s things like the reaper death seal, etc. point is, it’s not going to end unfullfillingly

I hope so. Though given this tournament didn't even have a winner I'll just remain cautious. I hope this battle and arc has a conclusion everyone can be happy with.

I'll work on my post. And sorry for the delays, got a lot of characters I have to account for so it takes time. And I hate to make you all wait. Feel like I drag the pace down

I hope so. Though given this tournament didn't even have a winner I'll just remain cautious. I hope this battle and arc has a conclusion everyone can be happy with.

I'll work on my post. And sorry for the delays, got a lot of characters I have to account for so it takes time. And I hate to make you all wait. Feel like I drag the pace down

Trust me you aren’t dragging the pace down lol. There are several characters that have yet to do much. Kanshi has yet to react to Kai or anything going on, Kiro hasn’t done anything yet, as well as Lako

Since this battle is important for the plot, I think we should atleast hv an idea of what the outcome is gonna be. For these important story battles, I kind of like the idea of pre-planning the battle. Atleast know who is supposed to win.

Since this battle is important for the plot, I think we should atleast hv an idea of what the outcome is gonna be. For these important story battles, I kind of like the idea of pre-planning the battle. Atleast know who is supposed to win.

Is that so? Then in his case, which would you think would be the ideal outcome for it to be?

Well......if I were to throw my hat into the ring. Minato manages to fight off Orochimaru & the Jinchuriki (Either the barrier breaks and he gets help or he pulls a miracle) and forces a retreat but at a terrible cost. Either he ends up in a coma or crippled or something to cause a need for a more active Hokage to take over for the time being. Figure avoiding death would prevent it from being a carbon copy of Hashirama vs. Orochimaru.

Who'd be the new Kage though? We bring back Tsunade? and If so who's going on a training trip with Jiraiya? After this arc, our OC's would be split up since they'll be going back to their villages.

Something similar to the Pain arc? Minato in a coma but the village defended, albeit horribly destroyed.

Well......if I were to throw my hat into the ring. Minato manages to fight off Orochimaru & the Jinchuriki (Either the barrier breaks and he gets help or he pulls a miracle) and forces a retreat but at a terrible cost. Either he ends up in a coma or crippled or something to cause a need for a more active Hokage to take over for the time being. Figure avoiding death would prevent it from being a carbon copy of Hashirama vs. Orochimaru.

Noticing a trend here. I could be on board for an idea similar to this, leaving the hokage crippled and leaving the beacon of hope in the village broken. Sounds like this could get pretty juicy

Noticing a trend here. I could be on board for an idea similar to this, leaving the hokage crippled and leaving the beacon of hope in the village broken. Sounds like this could get pretty juicy

Though I think Orochimaru should have some sort of set back to. Like how in canon how his arms got sealed.

Who'd be the new Kage though? We bring back Tsunade? and If so who's going on a training trip with Jiraiya? After this arc, our OC's would be split up since they'll be going back to their villages.

Pretty much this. Danzo would throw his name in the hat but Tsunade/Jiraiya would be the first choice and could lead to a new arc.

Actually we’ve talked about this. We were saying that Danzō could step in as a temporary hokage and fend off the invaders, driving them away. Although he would hold on to his power illegally afterwards.

This would lead to the next arc which would be to chase the sound four, as they sound village would escape from their attack, so not neccicarily splitting our own ways forcefully

Honestly I think Iwa would try that first. Mei is cool with Minato and Konoha. Besides it would be a bit sudden to go into the aggressive Hidden Mist even before the civil war happens or whatever.
Isn't Kai couping though? I mean, I could totally see the 4th Ninja War, 1st Xeno Crusade.

Also, and this is just my personal opinion, I think this would be a decent chance for Orochimaru to get some major injury or something and need a new body to replace it. Seems like as good an excuse as anything. Maybe he tries Kiro but has to settle for Kimimaro or something.

Also, and this is just my personal opinion, I think this would be a decent chance for Orochimaru to get some major injury or something and need a new body to replace it. Seems like as good an excuse as anything. Maybe he tries Kiro but has to settle for Kimimaro or something.

Not a half bad idea. Although that depends on what happens to kimi and Kiro along the way, for all we know, both could die lol. That’s the thing about RP’s, they adapt like a living environment.