• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Cause he is more powerful. That has nothing to do with strategy.

And Kimimaro was trying to kill everyone during that battle. He didn't have that reservation Haku did because deep down Haku was a good person who didn't want to fight to the death. Kimimaro was not that, he was misguided and a loyal solider to Orochimaru through and through. But he makes casual remarks about threatening to kill Tayuya for her "failure" so he is not like Haku in that regard.

He is however reserved, honorable, and respectful. Such as when he paused his attack for lee to take his medications. Sounds pretty honorable not to attack someon when they are weak XD.

Given haku was a bit more pure and kimi a bit hardened, they have a similar principle. Even in reference books it said that Kimimaru had all four of the best traits of the sound’s 4: Jirobo’s strength, Kido’s tactics, Sakon’s durability, and tayuya’s Wrath.

He is however reserved, honorable, and respectful. Such as when he paused his attack for lee to take his medications. Sounds pretty honorable not to attack someon when they are weak XD.

Given haku was a bit more pure and kimi a bit hardened, they have a similar principle. Even in reference books it said that Kimimaru had all four of the best traits of the sound’s 4: Jirbo’s strength, Kido’s tactics, Sakon’s durability, and tayuya’s Wrath.

Sakon durability? He seemed like the least durable of the bunch. He only got through cause he could split his body apart. A stab with a kunai in a non-vital area nearly crippled one of them.

I just go by what I see. I saw Kimimaro as someone who had some traits of being good, and could have become a better man if he didn't cross paths with Orochimaru but in the end was a solider for him and willing to kill for the cause. I'd argue except for undying loyalty towards their individual of interest (Zabuza & Orochimaru) they had different views otherwise. And Zabuza was worth that devotion to a degree for.

Also love how Yasu didn't even mention Madoka, the one who saved him XD

Yeah, I had issues.

And I guess Ay just can't get to Kimimaro anymore before he does jutsu & stuff. He was aiming a punch and Kimimaro just acted like nothing happened, he is not slow Shen XD

Well yeah I get that, but the bone structure was basically moving Kimimaru away longer, as it was getting thinner and more compact/elongated. So that made more distance while he was closing it. Plus I didn’t want to Auto Ay’s actions to this. Plus you didn’t say specifically that he closed the distance or how far exactly he was away

Well yeah I get that, but the bone structure was basically moving Kimimaru away longer, as it was getting thinner and more compact/elongated. So that made more distance while he was closing it. Plus I didn’t want to Auto Ay’s actions to this. Plus you didn’t say specifically that he closed the distance or how far exactly he was away

Well I don't want to auto Ay's actions to have him hit your character, so we are at an impass XD. I thought I made it good enough to have Ay close in and at least have Kimimaro react to the punch or something but if not I apologize.

As it stands, Ay's speed has been made incredibly underwhelming given Kimimaro's reactions IMO.

Well I don't want to auto Ay's actions to have him hit your character, so we are at an impass XD. I thought I made it good enough to have Ay close in and at least have Kimimaro react to the punch or something but if not I apologize.

As it stands, Ay's speed has been made incredibly underwhelming given Kimimaro's reactions IMO.
Well he’s taken two hits and is basically using geography to try and predict and create a narrow path for the Kage to follow, making him preditacable. He’s doing a last ditch maneuver right now, having been going an uphil battle while Ay has only gotten a couple scrapes to this point, kimimaro’s entire skin had been ripped off and has severe damage to his internals. So. I think he’s been represented fine

Well he’s taken two hits and is basically using geography to try and predict and create a narrow path for the Kage to follow, making him preditacable. He’s doing a last ditch maneuver right now, having been going an uphil battle while Ay has only gotten a couple scrapes to this point, kimimaro’s entire skin had been ripped off and has severe damage to his internals. So. I think he’s been represented fine

To be fair though, most of Kimimaro's damage has been more self inflicted than anything given his last resort technique, and it is just disappointing to have Ay charge in LCM and you just have Kimimaro go about his business as if nothing happened without even giving a reaction to it. Just feel his speed has been poorly highlighted.

I'll get a post up ASAP, either tonight or tomorrow morning (Got a lot of stuff to get to, sorry :() though I just feel Ay is being ignored when I have him try to do something. Either due to you overlooking it or my poor word choice or something.

To be fair though, most of Kimimaro's damage has been more self inflicted than anything given his last resort technique, and it is just disappointing to have Ay charge in LCM and you just have Kimimaro go about his business as if nothing happened without even giving a reaction to it. Just feel his speed has been poorly highlighted.

I'll get a post up ASAP, either tonight or tomorrow morning (Got a lot of stuff to get to, sorry :() though I just feel Ay is being ignored when I have him try to do something. Either due to you overlooking it or my poor word choice or something.

I’ve been trying here, and I’ve been highlighting it a lot. You never explicitly stated that you he was directly in front of kimi, you just said that Ay was on his way. So I had Kimimaru react as if he was. I don’t see a problem here.

I’ve been trying here, and I’ve been highlighting it a lot. You never explicitly stated that you he was directly in front of kimi, you just said that Ay was on his way. So I had Kimimaru react as if he was. I don’t see a problem here.

Problem for him "on his way" would mean that he'd be there in a flash given his supposed speed, bit I recognize it may have been my poor word choice that led to this and not you and for that I do apologize. I don't mean to give you a hard time and know you are doing your best.

but he closed the distanced and aimed an electric-charged high speed punch to Kimimaro's face.

Though I felt that one was pretty clear. If it is not to you then again I am sorry.

Problem for him "on his way" would mean that he'd be there in a flash given his supposed speed, bit I recognize it may have been my poor word choice that led to this and not you and for that I do apologize. I don't mean to give you a hard time and know you are doing your best.

Though I felt that one was pretty clear. If it is not to you then again I am sorry.

While you were closing the distance, Kimimaru was still getting backwards due to the bone dome elongating, basically sending him backwards while he was going forwards, giving some time. But i’ll TRY to highlight as much as I can to his speed in the future. I’d say I’ve been responding great to his speed this whole time...seeing as how he’s practically been punked around this entire time as your saying it should be more decimation.

While you were closing the distance, Kimimaru was still getting backwards due to the bone dome elongating, basically sending him backwards while he was going forwards, giving some time. But i’ll TRY to highlight as much as I can to his speed in the future. I’d say I’ve been responding great to his speed this whole time...seeing as how he’s practically been punked around this entire time as your saying it should be more decimation.

Not decimation, just more environmental counters I was expecting. Like generating a bone wall before a punch connects or having spikes appear suddenly in the Raikage's path in response to his charge. Just more reference to his speed & reaction to his actions is all I look for, I'd rather not have one sided domination either way since they rarely do anything for me.

And I will give you credit, I do like the closing bone tomb that is really closing in in your latest post. Adds a claustrophobic feel to all this.

Not decimation, just more environmental counters I was expecting. Like generating a bone wall before a punch connects or having spikes appear suddenly in the Raikage's path in response to his charge. Just more reference to his speed & reaction to his actions is all I look for, I'd rather not have one sided domination either way since they rarely do anything for me.

And I will give you credit, I do like the closing bone tomb that is really closing in in your latest post. Adds a claustrophobic feel to all this.

He did he same to lee, who didn’t even land much of a hit on him, while not even needing any curse mark energies, WHILE literally dying. In this case he did a similar thing, except most of the time they failed. Still sounds reasonable.

Also, thanks! I’ve been brainstorming ideas of what. Powerful original jutsu Kimimaru would use if he wasn’t affected by the illness. I appreciate you liking it :)

He did he same to lee, who didn’t even land much of a hit on him, while not even needing any curse mark energies, WHILE literally dying. In this case he did a similar thing, except most of the time they failed. Still sounds reasonable.

Also, thanks! I’ve been brainstorming ideas of what. Powerful original jutsu Kimimaru would use if he wasn’t affected by the illness. I appreciate you liking it :)

Again the difference between the Ay's speed and anyone not named Minato should be rather sizable (Ignoring Sasuke & Naruto of course.) Using Genin Lee fresh out of the hospital is not the most fair comparison.

No problem, can be fun to experiment, hope we get Haku in the RP for the same effect cause I felt he had even more potential. Even if I wished he was a she in this case but that doesn't matter too much.

@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader Im hoping to have Kiro actually use the curse mark in a meaningful way in this next post. He hasn’t actually used it correct yet which is why he doesn’t believe in it’s power yet. But hopefully after this, he’ll start getting an early taste of what Orochimaru can truly offer him. After all, the more one uses the curse mark, the more easier it is for Orochimaru to corrupt them.

@Shen: Ghost Gym Leader Im hoping to have Kiro actually use the curse mark in a meaningful way in this next post. He hasn’t actually used it correct yet which is why he doesn’t believe in it’s power yet. But hopefully after this, he’ll start getting an early taste of what Orochimaru can truly offer him. After all, the more one uses the curse mark, the more easier it is for Orochimaru to corrupt them.

Ah, it’s about to get a whole lot more interesting...! I wonder what your going to have him do? :\=|:

Sorry, my schedule has been busy lately. Will try to get a post up today.

Also, I am at an impass. Seems no matter what I post, either having Ay escape the tomb or not, the battle between him & Kimimaro is about to come to a close. Given we have just began the cave exploration and the Mei vs. Kabuto battle ended already (Clever escape BTY) I'm worried we'll wrap up everything too quick as we only began the tunnel thing.

Though I don't know what to post, given it seems this battle with Ay is near an end one way or another given this is Kimimaro's big move.

Sorry, my schedule has been busy lately. Will try to get a post up today.

Also, I am at an impass. Seems no matter what I post, either having Ay escape the tomb or not, the battle between him & Kimimaro is about to come to a close. Given we have just began the cave exploration and the Mei vs. Kabuto battle ended already (Clever escape BTY) I'm worried we'll wrap up everything too quick as we only began the tunnel thing.

Though I don't know what to post, given it seems this battle with Ay is near an end one way or another given this is Kimimaro's big move.

Yeah seems like the kages fight is ending soon, which Ay might have a tough time dealing with. (Especially according to the wiki that the LCM does mainly speed and attack enhancements, not defensive). But most of the big fights are wrapping up, Aside Orochimaru and Minato

Azumi’s and Blake’s fight is still going as well as the underground thing. Not to mention that it could keep going even if the invasion were to end if we wanted it to

Yeah seems like the kages fight is ending soon, which Ay might have a tough time dealing with. (Especially according to the wiki that the LCM does mainly speed and attack enhancements, not defensive). But most of the big fights are wrapping up, Aside Orochimaru and Minato

Azumi’s and Blake’s fight is still going as well as the underground thing. Not to mention that it could keep going even if the invasion were to end if we wanted it to

Again, it tanked a chidori. It is called armor for a reason. Besides if I wanted to be that guy I could have Mai just fire some lava on it from the outside now that she is free.

I guess what I am saying is if we are close to the ending then I want to think of a satisfying ending that will make the both of us happy.

Keep in mind that we don't particuarly want to drag this out too much, this entire arc should be more or less wrapped up within a day.
(The invasion part of the arc anyway, Orochimaru won't be fighting for days unend.)

The fight can end and we'd still have plenty of things to do with our OCs. There's plenty of stuff to do underground, I'm one for flooding us out and washing us into an underground lake. We can resurface outside the village and encounter the sound while they're retreating or something's.