• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
waiting for the other groups so team knuckleheads can rest. till then they wont be doing anything except jumping through trees i believe

Alright, so are we gonna time skip this forest journey by a few hours or shall we continue waith ll this attempted small talk while traveling?

Also, I'll edit in the the post where I explained some signals in a moment.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Timeskip. You can just timeskip to morning really. We just have to wait for godjacob and yusa I think and I know godjacob is doing favors

I’m for it too but I’m still writing Kiro’s response, so if you guys can wait it would appreciated.

Yeah giving everyone a chance to get set up before the timeskip would Be preferred, including Retro and the three teams yet to leave.

Sagisō

They hadn't even stepped out of the Hyūga compounds and Shura and Kai were already arguing...Sagisō felt like a babysitter. Heaving a sigh, she picked up a bag of smoke signals. She stopped for a moment to converse with the Hyūga next to the warehouse. According to him the teams that had already left had agreed that their night rendezvous point would be marked by a bright purple smoke signal, it would be visible from several miles away. They'd also already decided that a crimson red smoke signal would signify that someone had found not just traces of the sound, but had confirmed the presence of at least one or more sound ninja. The teams would scatter in all directions and then converge in the direction of the smoke signals.

Returning to her group she first looked at Kai, and then Shura. She waved goodbye to Furījia before calling out, "Alright Team Sagisō, we're setting out!" With that, she rushed out of the compounds before either of her companions had a chance to complain.

Furījia

Smiling at Lily, Furījia responded while throwing a teasing glance towards Yusa, "Glad to have you, but I think one of us really doesn't want to be here." She giggled at his struggles to get away from Lily and then while blinking, she questioned "would you mind getting the smoke signals?"

Hinagiku

"Well, don't hold out on us. Who are these candidates you speak so highly of? Replacing the famed Yellow Flash, even temporarily, is no easy feat. That's without considering the current situation which will require the Hokages immediate attention."

Picking up the tea cup by her side, Hinagiku's fingers gently closed around the cup's length, while her remaining arm supported the tea cup by its base. She brought the beverage to her mouth and took a sip of the aromatic liquid.
So a purple smoke for where they'll set up camp for the night, and a red smoke for signaling an encounter with sound forces. Other smoke colors and functions are up for debate.

I'm thinking someone can throw up the purple smoke, and then we can do what nebby said and skip to morning after every one gathers for the night. Sometime during the next day would be good for encountering the sound.

That is correct, we can also switch up teams if you wanna make things chaotic but it's more for safety in numbers as well as a hub to trade information.

Hmmmm they would have to split up
At some point, so meeting up I think would be a bit pointless.

As Orochimaru has a group and so does the sound four, they would have to split their numbers too. So I’m wondering what the point in that would be.

Thinking more of a forest of death scenario where the teams were together but seperate, similar to how team ino saved team 7 against team Dosu

Hmmmm they would have to split up
At some point, so meeting up I think would be a bit pointless.

As Orochimaru has a group and so does the sound four, they would have to split their numbers too. So I’m wondering what the point in that would be.

Thinking more of a forest of death scenario where the teams were together but seperate, similar to how team ino saved team 7 against team Dosu
The regrouping is mostly for the protection of the genin since everyone had concerns with then actually being a threat instead of just getting wasted by the sound. Just safety in numbers.

Since team Sagisō of the mist has made the most progress they're in best position to send out the smoke signal. We can also have a no name team set up the smoke signal.

I believe all that's left is team Tomiko's reverse harem, but I'll have sagiso Sagisō do stuff in the meanwhile.

Since team Sagisō of the mist has made the most progress they're in best position to send out the smoke signal. We can also have a no name team set up the smoke signal.

I believe all that's left is team Tomiko's reverse harem, but I'll have sagiso Sagisō do stuff in the meanwhile.

I just got back and am working on a reply now to get them moving. Sorry.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb

i forgot takato leaving lel

Sagisō

Humming her response to Takato Sagisō murmured, "Well, a little more confidence would go a long way..." Her voice was soft, almost inaudible over the arguing between Shura and Kai. Her hand idly found stray locks of her hair as her fingers curled through them. Gazing steadily at the arguing duo in front of her, her lips quirked into a smile. Although Kai was, in a sense, correct, he was in more ways wrong, their misson wasn't to out maneuver, outpace, or out smart thier target. His mission was completely different than theirs. He wanted to engage the sound to recover Kiro, but that's not what this mission was about. It was surveillance. The minute they managed to locate any of the sound forces in the range of thier byakugan, then the mission-on thier part- was over. At that point the sound ninja would have no way of shaking them off, and at a distance of multiple kilometers away, they'd be perfectly safe. In fact, what Kai was suggesting was not only unrequired from their mission, it was also unnecessarily dangerous.

Nevertheless, Sagisō merely smiled, opting not to comment. Maybe it was because she understood how important family was, but she didn't mind a bit more danger and exhaustion for this type of motive. She knew that when push came to shove and they actually needed to confront the sound, Kai would be at the forefront, bearing most of the risks. Therefore, she would indulge his wishes without too much of a fuss, given a similar situation, she would've done the same after all.

Needless to say, if he did something despicable like allowing them to bare the brunt of a mission that hadn't been theirs to begin with then her former thoughts would be overturned in an instant, and all her empathy would morph into murderous intent. Should he do something particularly stupid like that, then she'd be the death of him one way or another.

As for his comment about the smoke bombs? It was rather intentional. They wanted the sound to know they were coming. On one hand the knowledge of pursuers closing in on them would both unnerve and unsettle them; leading to a string of mistakes which would make them much easier to track them. On the other hand, they also hoped that the obvious presence of a pursuing force would deter the sound from engaging with them. Hopefully the sound would be so preoccupied by the notion of a pursuing force that they'd never get the chance to realize thet said force was only a scattered bunch of genin. They were playing the so-called 'paper tiger', only looking dangerous and imposing but lacking the actual strength.

The smoke signals, and thier obviousness, was both a defense for the pursuing force as well as a form of psychological warfare used against the sound. Though, it wasn't like Sagisō was going to explain it to Kai. That was entirely unnecessary and would take far too much time.

Turning back Takato, Sagisō continued to make small talk. "After all that time training with her, did it really seem like she hated you because of your village~? Do you really think that Azumi is so blinded that she can't see who you are beyond a mere headband?"

She really questioned how the boy viewed Azumi, and if he realized that they'd already gone past the point of only viewing each other as silhouettes identified by thier headbands.

"Though, you don't stand a chance with her anyway." A smug expression crossed Sagisō's face as she stared back at the Nara, "Hate to break it to you, but Azumi is already mine! We've fought together for our hands on marriage."

She was technically telling the truth. They had fought together against Zaku with thier hands in marriage on the line, but Sagisō had failed to mention the necessary details that would prevent a misunderstanding. But that's exactly what she wanted anyway.
Sagiso? Is that you feeling sympathy?
By this time, most of the Sound ninja part of their group had fallen asleep. Those that didn’t looked as if they would drop dead at any second. Taking part in a full on invasion would do that to the body. Well, to the average ninja maybe. These Sound ninja, other than Zaku, seemed to be fodder. It was almost as if Orochimaru was just hoping that throwing an unimaginable amount of bodies at the Leaf would somehow manage to knock them down. Kiro silently chuckled at the idea as he tossed his kunai in the air once more. He performed a plethora of handsigns before catching the kunai before it fell past him. He continued to repeat the process of performing these handsigns at unthinkable speeds, challenging himself to see how many handsigns he could go through before he had to catch the kunai. He had to find some way of keeping himself awake as well as prepared for any sort of ambush. Staying awake through a night was child’s play to him. He believed it to be a necessary trait, especially for a situation like this where he was unsure of his surroundings.

After he caught the kunai for the umpteenth time, Kiro stopped and took a breath. He had been sitting up on a tree branch, with only his back leaning against the actual tree behind him. He simply leaned his head backwards for some relaxation, being careful as to not keeping his eyes closed for too long. Opening his eyes, Kiro looked at the kunai in his right hand as he lifted it up. Placing it in front of the moon, Kiro tried to cover it with the kunai. He took notice of the moonlight reflecting off of it, with the sharp tip having a majestic white glow. He blinked a few times at the brightness that illuminated from the tip before flinging the kunai directly at the tree across from him. Kiro could hear as it silently made a direct impact on the tree, piercing it directly where he had aimed, dead center. The light, it was just too bright.

And here is Kiro being a badasss lol the usual