• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He'd meet them, learn about them, find out what makes them tick, challenge them, hopefully overpowers them with skill and combat smarts. After enraging them and driving them to there limit, they fall over the edge, that strong emotional trigger to siphon from your beast and further your limits occurs.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Problem. Usuaally tailed beasts see themselves as second to none or ride a high horse. Even Gamabunta thought of himself as al that. It’s going to take a lot for a tailed beast to see their jinchurki as an equal. Especially since they were forced inside them against their will
it's the opposite, and not in that matter:
bunpaku (the only known one to befriend shukaku besides gaara) was the one who thought of shukaku as an equal, as a being, not as power

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
It’s not like our characters know this, plus they would normally think they are vastly superior being of unimaginable power, not only that but the beasts usually lash out some way, or prey on their weakness set on them by being an outcast in society

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Exactly. Which brings us back to my original question:
shukaku apparently has only been known to cooperate with his jinchuriki due to the jinchuriki seeing shukaku as an equal. if people can help me figure something out for that that doesn't make me super op really quick, I'd appreciate the help

IM referring to my oc way down the line. Like what he'll be known for. And thats why he researches the individual person first, to see what the best appraoch would be. Jinchuriki are special beings in his eyes, capable of both amazing and treacherous things depending on whose around to influence there decisions. Katsuo wants to be there to either help them, or warn them. He never challenges someone he knows he cant handle alone.

Nono, not at all. I think your over-hyping my idea. Katsuo will simply be a very powerful ninja with very with a good mind a big goal. At his peak I would put him around 50% the average power of all 9 jinchurikis. (Strong enough to catch there attention, but not strong enough to defeat someone whose mastered there power)

Id peg his peak somewhere around sage mode naruto/initial nine tails chakra mode naruto.

Nine tails was revered by all as an incredibly powerful being that everyone was terrified of. So terrifying that everyone shunned naruto whom had it inside of him. Similar stories to the other tailed beasts. At least initially. Fear surrounds them.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
combined? or like if all their power were added up and divided by 9? also just reminding lol, and is that like his current goal or...?
(PS I'll probably gonna have Kanshi appear in our Wave Arc, mental help from other Kiri-nin to keep him in check would be appreciated)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nine tails was revered by all as an incredibly powerful being that everyone was terrified of. So terrifying that everyone shunned naruto whom had it inside of him. Similar stories to the other tailed beasts. At least initially. Fear surrounds them.
Welp, luckily Kanshi doesn't have to worry about that because he was mostly isolated without being near regular village members for most of his life besides from his guardian and higher ups until he became a genin... doesn't sound so good saying it aloud XD

Welp, luckily Kanshi doesn't have to worry about that because he was mostly isolated without being near regular village members for most of his life besides from his guardian and higher ups until he became a genin... doesn't sound so good saying it aloud XD

But shukaku is murderous and hates everyone, and since he would have had it for a long time (I’m assuming), shukaku would have tormented him for a long time relentlessly, getting a sick enjoyment out of it

Not his current goal, thats the big picture goal if this rp continues far enough. And yeah Nebulix, like the mathematical average of all 9. So probably not even half as strong as the most powerful tailed beast but probably over 50% stronger than the weakest. Ya see?

And the downfall will be, Katsuo has very limited chalra reserves. Hes powerful, but like a firecracker, only lasts a short while before hes out of energy.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Not his current goal, thats the big picture goal if this rp continues far enough. And yeah Nebulix, like the mathematical average of all 9. So probably not even half as strong as the most powerful tailed beast but probably over 50% stronger than the weakest. Ya see?

And the downfall will be, Katsuo has very limited chalra reserves. Hes powerful, but like a firecracker, only lasts a short while before hes out of energy.
ARE YOU CALLING SHUKAKI FREAKING WEAKER THAN KATSUO?!??! BY 50%?!??!

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
fricking kai and raiku with 3 tomoe sharingan genjutsu working together will probably not even be enough to control shukaku, probably just stop him for a bit XD

XD Very correct. While I do still have a few tricks hidden up my sleeve, his current peak is nowhere near tailed beast level. lol.

Im talking about years in the future of this rp once everyone is waaay more developed. And im saying Katsuo could potentially be like 55-60% the strength of Shakaku. (If you peg him as the weakest).

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
(tbh if shukaku was released with minato ez fight not even too hard, also remember that he's still alive for the attack of the village)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
If you want I can have that character I talked about be a jinchuriki for orochimaru be controlled by me... I'll even throw in a version 1 sort of control because isobu is timid so not really wanting to control or mean to his jinchuriki

Nebulix I think your off in your own universe. Im not saying he'll have 50% more power than a tailed beast, im saying he'd average out at about HALF the strength of the tailed beasts. 50%. Im saying he could potentially beat jinchurikis who currently only access a limited amount of there beasts chakra or only uses a low to mid level chakra cloak.

And Katsuo....well Katsuo does have a kekkie genkai so he's not exactly super normal.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nebulix I think your off in your own universe. Im not saying he'll have 50% more power than a tailed beast, im saying he'd average out at about HALF the strength of the tailed beasts. 50%. Im saying he could potentially beat jinchurikis who currently only access a limited amount of there beasts chakra or only uses a low to mid level chakra cloak.

And Katsuo....well Katsuo does have a kekkie genkai so he's not exactly super normal.
oh forgot about that XD sorry, also I thought you meant half added to the tailed beast, not half by itself, that's ok to be honest

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Yea same XD the wording was the reason I thought that.
Maybe not skipping leaps and bound to already master it, but sure, if you control it. What tailed beast would it have? 3? Make a bio and i’ll Accepted it
i meant like have control over 3 tail “cloak” or version 1 so like it doesn’t do damage to the person himself, but he can use it well. Not like control over the beast completely, that is crazy. Remember that’s like if we form like a deep bond in shippuden or something, and I don’t think any of our ocs know that’s how you do it
(By “it” I mean control summoned buji)

No like in terms of power scailing, he's probably a half as strong as the average of all 9 tailed beasts. Get it now? Jeez that really got mistranslated. My bad, lol.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nah it’s alright, I understood after you said it was half a tailed beast. As for the other jinchuriki, he won’t be my main, but he’ll appear for orochimaru times. And the bio I might be able to do today, but definitely tomorrow. Sorry I couldn’t get out a post, I was reading about stuff that I don’t wish to say

ok, but are you still saying normal powerful shinobi at peak glass cannon-ish can beat a biju, or have 50% more power than one?
Considering that to befriend your Biju you have to defeat them in battle, it's probably pretty normal for Shinobi stronger than the Biju to appear. I'd say that Biju are probably a tier higher than Kage-level, since Kages have been able to battle Biju's 1 vs 1 and hold their own.

That only happened with Gyuki though, and like I said, Bunpuku or whatever his name was xD
Yea, the Third Raikage vs Gyuki ended in a tie. But, even then the Third Hokage was recognized to be the strongest Kage at the time, so he should've been able to beat a tailed beast 1 vs 1 as well.

I'd definitely say that Peak-Kage level fighters should be able to battle a Biju. Though, obviously, not every Kage is a Peak-Kage.