• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In my defense, at the time I operated under the style I normally RP with. Where fights are laid out before hand and you exchange blows and don't always dodge or block everything. Not this "you fell for my trap" master real time strategy it ended up being.

But regardless, in Kenji's view, being left in his state with Sagiso standing over him and looking "down" on him left a sour taste in his mouth. The fact he failed to win any other fight in the RP doesn't help with his perception of himself or really my perception that he is among the weakest characters we have. Which is a shame, as he was supposed to be my second lead after Azumi before Tomiko took over.

But I see your point, if nothing else. I'll reread it myself and see if I fully agree with you.
Ehh, Idk in my head I summed that up as 'Kenji got kicked twice and was on the verge of death', which objectively speaking sounds kinda...bleh. I'm reconsidering if that even counts as a win or just you losing on purpose :v

Ehh, Idk in my head I summed that up as 'Kenji got kicked twice and was on the verge of death', which objectively speaking sounds kinda...bleh. I'm reconsidering if that even counts as a win or just you losing on purpose :v

And yet when I outline my reasons for Azumi's win not counting versus Kiro no one seems to think so as well and Shen insists her win in the Chunin Exams means something XD

Like I said I'll reread the fight and decide for myself, though I never throw a fight unless it is decide before hand it would be better for the plot if they lost. I'm willing to do whatever makes a better story, even if my OCs become jobbers to do that (Kenji & Tomiko as examples). But I don't think we agreed on an outcome in that instance, I just figured that super move you said was self damaging was a worthy finisher.

And yet when I outline my reasons for Azumi's win not counting versus Kiro no one seems to think so as well and Shen insists her win in the Chunin Exams means something XD

Like I said I'll reread the fight and decide for myself, though I never throw a fight unless it is decide before hand it would be better for the plot if they lost. I'm willing to do whatever makes a better story, even if my OCs become jobbers to do that (Kenji & Tomiko as examples). But I don't think we agreed on an outcome in that instance, I just figured that super move you said was self damaging was a worthy finisher.
Azumi's win counted because she managed to catch him in a water prison and from there the fight was all but decided, Kiro didn't just get kicked twice xD

Hmmm, I think we might've agreed on something since Sagisō took his scroll in the same post that the last kick landed, and I would've got called out for Auto-ing if we hadn't agreed :?

Azumi's win counted because she managed to catch him in a water prison and from there the fight was all but decided, Kiro didn't just get kicked twice xD

Kiro didn't use the Curse Mark and really didn't even try all that much to escape. Could have tried a lightning jutsu, or something/anything really. He had options to escape if he wanted to, it simply appeared he didn't even try.

Hmmm, I think we might've agreed on something since Sagisō took his scroll in the same post that the last kick landed, and I would've got called out for Auto-ing if we hadn't agreed :?

Maybe, it has been awhile XD.

Either way the effect remains the same, and really I refuse to call anyone whose had the number of fights Kenji has and no wins to show for it as anything but bottom tier XD.

Kiro didn't use the Curse Mark and really didn't even try all that much to escape. Could have tried a lightning jutsu, or something/anything really. He had options to escape if he wanted to, it simply appeared he didn't even try.
He couldn't weave hand seals because he had Kunai in his hand, and he didn't want everyone to know about the curse mark so he couldn't use it out in the open like that.

He couldn't weave hand seals because he had Kunai in his hand, and he didn't want everyone to know about the curse mark so he couldn't use it out in the open like that.

Choosing to hold back doesn't make it an actual victory for Azumi, it's just Kiro deciding he'd rather lose than use his full power. Which doesn't say much for Azumi...

Damn, you guys are still awake?

I have too many RPs I need to reply to and I got caught up in this XD

Choosing to hold back doesn't make it an actual victory for Azumi, it's just Kiro deciding he'd rather lose than use his full power. Which doesn't say much for Azumi...
Might not have helped him though, it's not like going curse make would break the water prison, he couldn't weave handseals and was slowly being suffocated, besides I believe the Azumi what held him was just a clone or something.
Damn, you guys are still awake?
I'm a vampire of course I'd be up at night

Might not have helped him though, it's not like going curse make would break the water prison, he couldn't weave handseals and was slowly being suffocated, besides I believe the Azumi what held him was just a clone or something.

You and Shen really underestimate what a boost the Curse Mark is XD.

If nothing else, it would have allowed him a second wind to drop those weapons and make a jutsu to help free himself. Though honestly considering it was a Genin water prison I'd be he could have forced his way out of it.

If nothing else, it would have allowed him a second wind to drop those weapons and make a jutsu to help free himself. Though honestly considering it was a Genin water prison I'd be he could have forced his way out of it.
I honestly thought it would’ve been an asspull if he managed to break through the water prison which is why I didn’t really try. It was circumstantial really especially cuz the battle with Tomiko wasn’t too far back and Idk, I guess I didn’t want to overpower your other characters like that after what happened with Tomiko’s battle.

Can't force your way out of a water prison unless you're a Hyūga, it just doesn't work that way :T

His only real option would've been a lightning style jutsu (Which would've dispelled the clone sustaining the water-prison) since he wouldn't have been able to take a breath to perform fire style. He might not have even had enough chakra left for a lightning style jutsu, Sharingan + LCM does drain chakra fast, and he did spend quite a bit of chakra killing Hashima and torching a forest.

I honestly thought it would’ve been an asspull if he managed to break through the water prison which is why I didn’t really try. It was circumstantial really especially cuz the battle with Tomiko wasn’t too far back and Idk, I guess I didn’t want to overpower your other characters like that after what happened with Tomiko’s battle.

If my characters being overpowered upset me to that degree, I would have quit this RP ages ago XD.

Though honestly, between the circumstances of the Kiro fight and the fact Zaku/Katsuo took each other out Azumi's win in the Chunin Exams feels hollow as hell. There's no pride in it and she comes off as a pretender. So even my one "top tier" character really doesn't feel like she belongs in the same league as characters like Zaku, Sagiso, Kiro and Reaver to name some examples.

Mind you that the only people Kiro have beaten are Tomiko, Hashima, Taiyo and Kilka. The only one of them there with a win rate above 50% is Hashima and she’s dead... I mean I know Kiro hasn’t fought at full power but the people that have beaten him, such as Mori and Azumi fought smart against Kiro and didn’t allow him to power up. That’s a winning strategy right there.

I've researched the water prison jutsu, and getting caught in it is almost an instant KO for every OC we have. The water is specifically stated to be particularly heavy and is excellent at restricting movements. I assume that is why everytime someone gets caught in a water prison they don't try to jutsu their way out, because they can't. There are only two types of people who can escape the Water Prison jutsu(through relatively normal means; no teleport, Susanō etc.), those who's name ends in Hyūga, and Water style users. Water style users can use a jutsu to increase the volume of water in the prison and cause it to collapse, it should be noted that the particular jutsu used for the only time in the series a water user escaped the water prison was performed with only 1 hand seal, and it was done by Kisame and it wasn't even in the anime it was in a Hiden book.

Mind you that the only people Kiro have beaten are Tomiko, Hashima, Taiyo and Kilka. The only one of them there with a win rate above 50% is Hashima and she’s dead... I mean I know Kiro hasn’t fought at full power but the people that have beaten him, such as Mori and Azumi fought smart against Kiro and didn’t allow him to power up. That’s a winning strategy right there.

Azumi didn't stop Kiro from using the Curse Mark, he just chose not to use it because privacy reasons. That's a world different than Mori knocking out Kiro with an unexpected, "cowardly" but smart & sudden move. That's the definition of a hollow victory, and Kiro (To my knowledge) had not used LCM before he got caught so that chakra drain argument is just as hollow.

I've researched the water prison jutsu, and getting caught in it is almost an instant KO for every OC we have. The water is specifically stated to be particularly heavy and is excellent at restricting movements. I assume that is why everytime someone gets caught in a water prison they don't try to jutsu their way out, because they can't. There are only two types of people who can escape the Water Prison jutsu(through relatively normal means; no teleport, Susanō etc.), those who's name ends in Hyūga, and Water style users. Water style users can use a jutsu to increase the volume of water in the prison and cause it to collapse, it should be noted that the particular jutsu used for the only time in the series a water user escaped the water prison was performed with only 1 hand seal, and it was done by Kisame and it wasn't even in the anime it was in a Hiden book.

Considering Neji got caught with it, I really doubt the Hyuga can escape it thing. That's just your experiment to make the Hyuga OP XD. But I get your overall point.

I'm going to bed, be back to debate and RP later. Love you all even if I don't see eye to eye all the time. Sorry for wasting your time :)

Considering Neji got caught with it, I really doubt the Hyuga can escape it thing. That's just your experiment to make the Hyuga OP XD. But I get your overall point.

I'm going to bed, be back to debate and RP later. Love you all even if I don't see eye to eye all the time. Sorry for wasting your time :)
Nah, it's canon.
This technique traps a target in a sphere of water; the water can either be drawn from the surroundings[2] or expelled from the user's mouth.[3] The water that the sphere is made from is noticeably heavy,[2] which restricts the target's movements and can make breathing difficult.[4] As such, those trapped within the water prison cannot ordinarily escape on their own. Neji Hyūga was able to free himself by simultaneously releasing chakra from all of his tenketsu, destroying the prison.[5] In Akatsuki Hiden, Kisame Hoshigaki escaped by increasing the volume of water within the prison beyond what it could contain, causing it to burst.
It's a tried and true canon method for breaking the water prison.

We don't need to make the Hyūga OP, they're already OP. It's just my benevolence and good nature why Sagisō hasn't stopped anyone's heart with a clean blow yet :D

But since Shen betrayed my kindness and broke Sagisō's arm, y'all don't get that mercy next time >:D

The sun's coming up now, so as a vampire I'm also obligated to it the sack~ G'night!

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Btw letting you know for when she gets revived, she didn’t use her full power. It’s simply that kunai behind neck could be done against any oc and they’ll probably lose or die if they get caught (key word probably)

Most having been the operative word, the shield lack greater strength or total coverage as several [kunai] slipped through which cut along his shoulder and thighs. Kenji winced as he toughed it out before he and Sakura landed on a branch.

"Are you okay?" Sakura asked, though she continued to face the direction of where the kunai had come from with her own kunai drawn. Kenji took a moment to tip part of his shirt to wrap around his left shoulder to patch up the bleeding before he gave a nod.

This proved to be partly successful, as he avoided the brunt of the attack but several cuts had began to scare his body. With slashes across his left shoulder, right thigh and his right cheek.

Though Kenji lacked the same ability to prevent the third air bullet as it struck him right in the gut which knocked Kenji back as he let out a violent cough and even spat up a little blood.

I'm re-reading the fight right now. In the early stages so far Kenji has yet to get a single hit in and Sagiso already landed all these blows before she used her later trump card. You very much undersold the damage Sagiso dealt in this fight, not to mention already Kenji's status as a "speedster" was undersold by Sagiso who proved to be just much faster than the quick lightning-user. Kinda killed one of his gimmicks early no offense XD.

As she prepared to initiate her jutsu, circulating her chakra through the veins in her legs, she felt a sharp pain erupt and her steps faltered. She hadn't expected the recoil from the Wind Shadow technique to insue so rapidly. However, it was too late, and the brief paused was more than enough for Kenji to regain his wits and deliver an attack.

And Kenji only got his first shot in after Sagiso's own attack damaged and caused her to falter. Not anything Kenji did.

Kenji saw Sagiso as she shot her knee forward as he only just managed to get his guard up, though that proved to be a poor defense as Sagiso's chakra-infused blow blew past the guard which offered minimal protection.

Kenji coughed violently as the force of the blow sent him flying back.

Sagiso charge at him as Kenji once again had been nailed with another strike; this time a roundhouse which caused blood to drip from Kenji's jaw as he had been sent flying back further.

Kenji's guard didn't do as much as kyuu seemed to think it did, and those two blows were quite damaging before Sagiso delivered the finishing one.

I could delete it easily, and have him still on the prowl looking for kiro, if you think that is better for story telling
Yeah I like this idea. He’ll still find Kiro but atleast it gives a Raiku a chance to interact. Nebby and I already talked about this and I don’t want to ruin this interaction for him.

Anyways, I also found a map of the Leaf and apparently the ramen shop is actually pretty far from the Gates. Like literally across the village lel

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Yeah I like this idea. He’ll still find Kiro but atleast it gives a Raiku a chance to interact. Nebby and I already talked about this and I don’t want to ruin this interaction for him.

Anyways, I also found a map of the Leaf and apparently the ramen shop is actually pretty far from the Gates. Like literally across the village lel

Alrighty it’s changed

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb

Ummm well I don’t mind... it’d probably make more logic if Kai found him instead of Raiku stumbling upon him.