• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Godjacob
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-most-A...nd-Yamato-in-Naruto-seem-so-weak-and-mediocre

It’s called the Worf Effect. Basically, you take a character and establish them as a badass. Then, everytime you introduce a new threat, have said badass get the absolutely dog-shit beat out of him. If done right, the audience will go, “Holy shit! They just beat up *character*! They really mean business!”

In Naruto, there are two groups for this. The first, of course, is the ANBU Black Ops. This was for badasses in Naruto that appeared early in the series.

main-qimg-909988a40a822672ab852ffd981325fe

Of course, ANBU later morphed into Root, the elite of the elite, because young Itachi and Shisui were way beyond normal Worfs and needed a more advance Worf to truly show off their (visual) prowess.

main-qimg-a875c8e26e36b428c6a3b582d0420a0b

Then Naruto became a ninja god and started facing god-level threats and even the advanced Worfs weren’t good enough, so instead of regular ANBU and Root, we got the 5 Kage.

main-qimg-3ae144f144724e2e9484d328632012af

Then Naruto became a kage in Boruto and we got a new generation of Worfs.

main-qimg-42724b1750a57608b474affb328aa6c8

So that’s the problem with the ANBU Black Ops: they exist to be beaten for shock value.

See article: Worf Effect

@Godjacob
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-most-A...nd-Yamato-in-Naruto-seem-so-weak-and-mediocre

It’s called the Worf Effect. Basically, you take a character and establish them as a badass. Then, everytime you introduce a new threat, have said badass get the absolutely dog-shit beat out of him. If done right, the audience will go, “Holy shit! They just beat up *character*! They really mean business!”

In Naruto, there are two groups for this. The first, of course, is the ANBU Black Ops. This was for badasses in Naruto that appeared early in the series.

main-qimg-909988a40a822672ab852ffd981325fe

Of course, ANBU later morphed into Root, the elite of the elite, because young Itachi and Shisui were way beyond normal Worfs and needed a more advance Worf to truly show off their (visual) prowess.

main-qimg-a875c8e26e36b428c6a3b582d0420a0b

Then Naruto became a ninja god and started facing god-level threats and even the advanced Worfs weren’t good enough, so instead of regular ANBU and Root, we got the 5 Kage.

main-qimg-3ae144f144724e2e9484d328632012af

Then Naruto became a kage in Boruto and we got a new generation of Worfs.

main-qimg-42724b1750a57608b474affb328aa6c8

So that’s the problem with the ANBU Black Ops: they exist to be beaten for shock value.

See article: Worf Effect

I mean, there was little doubt why it was used for this effect. It was always an excuse to hype up the villains so Naruto and Sasuke looked all the more impressive for being able to stand up to them.

Doesn't change the fact that because of that, we get no sense of the ANBU being capable at all. I mean even the other Kage got moments where they seemed useful before they existed just to get beat down. If they set up minor arc villains and had the ANBU breeze through them before using the Worf Effect then that'd be one thing. But we do not even get that.

So I read that Azumi post, and I'd like to clarify that Baiyan doesn't actually have her sword in hand

She's positioned like this;
aid142520-v4-728px-Use-a-Katana-Properly-Step-1Bullet4.jpg
so her hand is hovering over her sword.

If Azumi's going to lunge after the sword then I'm clarifying that it's still at Baiyan's waist. Thus those senbon would miss by default since the umbrella isn't aimed at Baiyan's chest at all :T

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
So I read that Azumi post, and I'd like to clarify that Baiyan doesn't actually have her sword in hand

If Azumi's going to lunge after the sword then I'm clarifying that it's still at Baiyan's waist.
Reaver: ....I came all this way for a cat fight. I need to rethink my life choices

If Azumi's going to lunge after the sword then I'm clarifying that it's still at Baiyan's waist. Thus those senbon would miss by default since the umbrella isn't aimed at Baiyan's chest at all :T

Sorry, will make the correction immediately.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So I have a concept in a post and I wanted to know if this would appeal to y'all.
So Tsuki does her thing with the needles and stuff right, but thinking about the needle makes her think of her mother, which distorts the needle and doll as result. This will likely segway into an explanation of her mom and where she went, so what do you think. Yay, nay or something else?

So I have a concept in a post and I wanted to know if this would appeal to y'all.
So Tsuki does her thing with the needles and stuff right, but thinking about the needle makes her think of her mother, which distorts the needle and doll as result. This will likely segway into an explanation of her mom and where she went, so what do you think. Yay, nay or something else?
I encourage all creative ideas, so I say yay

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Sora Paneru
Jutsu type: Lightning Style Affinity; Solar Release (Custom Kekkei-Genkai, elements are Fire and Lightning); Metal Weapons; Immunity to Genjutsu
Description: Light Blue Eyes (one is artificial); 4 implants of a metal screw with circular blue panels visible on each of her arms; Gray T-Shirt with two blue small circles on the chest; black pants; sandals; sandy blonde hair short hair
Bio: An experiment of Orochimaru on artificial humans and kekkei genkai, which was thought to have failed. The hideout the experiment was being performed was abandoned, but Sora woke up and broke out of her tube. She left the hideout and started heading east, of course she didn't know that. She was mostly scared of the outside world, and was vary cautious.

Eventually she went past the Land of Hot Water and reached the Land of Frost. There an old couple found the lost child. They took her in, although she was cautious of them, and went back to Kumogakure, their home. There she became a ninja, and gained confidence. She uses metal tools like kunai, shuriken, and swords from her back, due to her being a "cyborg." The mini solar panels collect sunlight and store it for use as electricity, or regular flames. The product is Solar Release.
Dislikes: Night; Water; Bullies
Missions completed: 15 D-Rank; 8 C-Rank; 1 B-Rank
Idea of what I should do with her?

Tomiko: This is the best idea I've ever had!

*Runs over Mori*

Tomiko: ...good going Hoshi, why'd you come up with such a dumb plan!?

Hoshi: Hey!
Poor Hoshi, although Mori has strong suspicions that Tomiko came up with it since she has yet to take personal safety in account in anything really. Neither has Mori but he doesn't go sledding down a hill with his friends, main reason for that is that he doesn't really have any friends to go sledding with

Azumi: To be fair, the only people who've killed in this RP are Raiku and Kiro...Reaver has yet to kill someone with a name.
With a name. He killed mainly nameless genin. Oh yeah he killed Suzuki, a kid from his class. Although he did skin Tomiko XD

Well he was bloody close to killing atleast 2 people with names out of the 7 people with names during the battle royale, and would Suzuki count as someone with a name?
Wait....you remembered that! Wow you get a brownie for that Haha

With a name. He killed mainly nameless genin. Oh yeah he killed Suzuki, a kid from his class. Although he did skin Tomiko XD

Wait....you remembered that! Wow you get a brownie for that Haha
Wasn't exactly hard to remember the gory massacre in which he died, and I tend to remember stuff like that. Not sure why. Reaver also got Mori to get closer to death than a healthy life twice so far and I am expecting more attacks on him

One thing to note is, who is gonna be grouped up with who for this arc?

As far as I know....

Team Iwa
-Guren
-Tomiko
-Mori

Team Kumo
-Darui
-Aisha
-Kenji

Team Suna
-Pakura
-Madoka
-Yasu(?)

We don't know who is going with Hinagiku and who is going with Kakashi in Konoha. I presume two separate teams.