• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They lack offensive military power. If they want to invade anyone it's certainly gonna be an issue.

Defensively they're quite secure with a combination of natural barriers and Tsunade being the only one capable of foiling their most devasting of poisons.

Personally, if y'all are not careful my Valkyries will be starting a massacre. They won't even leave the charred corpses of their opponents in their wake. I'll make sure to reveal their specialty through Hinagiku when they're encountered though.

I refuse to believe that someone like Kakashi or Guy could not waltz into that village and take everyone if they wanted to. The strongest ninja they have besides Gaara (Who doesn't exist in this RP) is old Lady Chiyo. The rest of their village in canon is complete garbage and wouldn't be capable of fending off a cockroach infestation.

Are all the valkyries gonna be part of this arc?

Since neither Shura or Sagiso said they activated their Byakugan, I like to imagine neither of them has their Byakugan active
Well, Sagisō certainly doesn't have hers active if that's what you're asking.
I refuse to believe that someone like Kakashi or Guy could not waltz into that village and take everyone if they wanted to. The strongest ninja they have besides Gaara (Who doesn't exist in this RP) is old Lady Chiyo. The rest of their village in canon is complete garbage and wouldn't be capable of fending off a cockroach infestation.

Are all the valkyries gonna be part of this arc?
As long as they stay perfectly untouched for the whole fight then yea they could totally take the village. The minute they're scratched by Sunagukure's poison then they'll die without a doubt, and Rasa would certainly be capable of waging a defensive battle.

The Valkyries are best utilized as a complete unit, it would be very unwise to split them up- so I'd say yes. They compliment each other and are all small sections of a larger killing machine. My only advice will be don't let them trap you in one place for an extended period of time.

As long as they stay perfectly untouched for the whole fight then yea they could totally take the village. The minute they're scratched by Sunagukure's poison then they'll die without a doubt, and Rasa would certainly be capable of waging a defensive battle.

Assuming that either get hit is the first mistake. And I was talking canon Sunagakure, not fanon with Rasa alive (Though he is a weakling anyway so there's that.)

The Valkyries are best utilized as a complete unit, it would be very unwise to split them up- so I'd say yes. They compliment each other and are all small sections of a larger killing machine. My only advice will be don't let them trap you in one place for an extended period of time.

Well, none of our characters should be able to last 5 seconds about any of them. And if we have this many high tier fighters and if they are given all this importance our main cast is gonna have literally nothing to do. Hard to show your skills getting stabbed by a Valkyrie or stabbed with a lightning blade by Kakashi if you are one of our main OCs.

Assuming that either get hit is the first mistake. And I was talking canon Sunagakure, not fanon with Rasa alive (Though he is a weakling anyway so there's that.)

Well, none of our characters should be able to last 5 seconds about any of them. And if we have this many high tier fighters and if they are given all this importance our main cast is gonna have literally nothing to do. Hard to show your skills getting stabbed by a Valkyrie or stabbed with a lightning blade by Kakashi if you are one of our main OCs.
Even without Rasa, they could swarm with puppet weapons. A scratch is all it really takes to doom their opponent, assuming they're using Chiyo's variant of poison of course. Second only to Sasori's special poison.

I wasn't talking about our genin OCs e.e

I was referring to our older and more powerful OCs. They're definitely at risk of death if the Valkyries manage to trap them.

We're essentially bystanders or group fighters in this arc. The only skills we should be displaying are how good were are at coordinating to face stronger opponents. Unless it's against another genin-chunin level character there is no 1 vs 1.

Even without Rasa, they could swarm with puppet weapons. A scratch is all it really takes to doom their opponent, assuming they're using Chiyo's variant of poison of course. Second only to Sasori's special poison.

I wasn't talking about our genin OCs e.e

I was referring to our older and more powerful OCs. They're definitely at risk of death if the Valkyries manage to trap them.

We're essentially bystanders or group fighters in this arc. The only skills we should be displaying are how good were are at coordinating to face stronger opponents. Unless it's against another genin-chunin level character there is no 1 vs 1.

That's assuming everyone has Chiyo's poison. Which is likely not standard issue. We saw how Suna handled invading forces (Deidara and Sasori) and they were not even useful cannon fodder.

And that's kinda lame. The set up for this arc should be chances for our characters to fight each other and show off what they learned in 3 months while the stronger, older ninja fight each other. Being stuck in cheerleading roles is kinda underwhelming. No coordination is gonna allow any of our OCs to beat Jonin of this scale and capabilities.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
That's assuming everyone has Chiyo's poison. Which is likely not standard issue. We saw how Suna handled invading forces (Deidara and Sasori) and they were not even useful cannon fodder.

And that's kinda lame. The set up for this arc should be chances for our characters to fight each other and show off what they learned in 3 months while the stronger, older ninja fight each other. Being stuck in cheerleading roles is kinda underwhelming. No coordination is gonna allow any of our OCs to beat Jonin of this scale and capabilities.
We haven’t even left our villages yet relax

Deidara and Sasori are definitely not a good example of invading forces :v

There are already very few people capable of launching aerial attacks, much less aerial bombings on an unsuspecting village. Sasori had them beat at their own game considering he was their greatest prodigy in years...

I can't justify using them as a precedent for invasions.

Well, the first part is what I said. If it's against other genin-chunin levels then it's fine. As for the second point, well that's where you're wrong. If 5+ practically chūnin levels can't coordinate enough to take on a Jonin then they need to be sent back to the academy. Not saying they should be able to defeat the Jonin or anything, but they certainly shouldn't be disregarded.

Deidara and Sasori are definitely not a good example of invading forces :v

There are already very few people capable of launching aerial attacks, much less aerial bombings on an unsuspecting village. Sasori had them beat at their own game considering he was their greatest prodigy in years...

I can't justify using them as a precedent for invasions.

My point was the only example of poison use as a defense there was Kabuto. Chiyo didn't bother to get involved and the rest of Suna's forces displayed no use of poison or really any defensive capabilities.

They were outmatched I recognize that, but the point was your hypothetical "defense military strength" is not there.

Well, the first part is what I said. If it's against other genin-chunin levels then it's fine. As for the second point, well that's where you're wrong. If 5+ practically chūnin levels can't coordinate enough to take on a Jonin then they need to be sent back to the academy. Not saying they should be able to defeat the Jonin or anything, but they certainly shouldn't be disregarded.

So you are saying that Kai, Kenji, Madoka, Tomiko and Yasu could stand up to Kakashi? That seems incredibly doubtful. These are not just any Jonin being sent on these missions you know and there is a world of difference there.

Also I'd like to know everyone (Genin/Chunin and Jonin) who is going on the mission. Helps with organization.

My point was the only example of poison use as a defense there was Kabuto. Chiyo didn't bother to get involved and the rest of Suna's forces displayed no use of poison or really any defensive capabilities.

They were outmatched I recognize that, but the point was your hypothetical "defense military strength" is not there.

So you are saying that Kai, Kenji, Madoka, Tomiko and Yasu could stand up to Kakashi? That seems incredibly doubtful. These are not just any Jonin being sent on these missions you know and there is a world of difference there.

Also I'd like to know everyone (Genin/Chunin and Jonin) who is going on the mission. Helps with organization.
Their defensive strategy is whatever they used in the previous ninja wars to hold off Konoha and Iwagakure.

Together? Of course, they could. They're not fodder ya know? If they all try to charge him then they're probably going to lose pretty badly, but playing to their advantage of numbers and sheer variety in ninjutsu they could certainly hold their own.

Or do you believe that, Kakashi could easily deal with Kai's ice drones, and Madoka's puppets (who are basically all meat shields) while simultaneously avoiding ranged assaults from Yasu, Tomiko using the terrain to trip him up and we haven't even gotten to what Kenji would be doing?

He wouldn't be in any major danger of dying, but it's not like he's gonna waltz through them slaughtering them like chickens. (Unless Kamui)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Let’s say iwa tried to invade suna. Suna would have the terrain advantage which would slow down iwa, plus wind release to push them back, and if they got hit by poison they could die. Puppet masters could be poison them while not being too close and do damage in general. Suna is used to the sand and it could also be used to decrease Iwa’s vision if the sand gets in their way by wind release. Considering suna is in a desert I think it’s safe to assume theirs also sandstorms that could slow them down

Madoka, Tomiko & Kenji: Our win records imply otherwise.

But I get the overall point, even if I think you underestimate Kakashi here.

Also...if you can mention who is gonna be part of this mission that would be swell...
Nah, you're just being pessimistic;

If I recall correctly it'll be something like this;

Konohagakure

Team Hinagiku
Sagisō
Shura
Furījia
Kiro & Tayuya (Perhaps? It'll give Retro something to do and Tayuya can head to Nadeshiko.)
Shiho (? Not sure if Rohan's carrying her.)

Team Kakashi
Taiyo
Raiku
Sakura

Sunagakure

Team Pakura

Yasu
Madoka

Kumogakure

Team Darui
Aisha
Kenji
Samui
C

Team Valkyrie
Valkyries x9 (Duh?)

Kirigakure

Team Hama

Kai
Tsuki
Seiun
Hyōryūgetsu

Iwagakure

Team Kurotsuchi/Gurren

Tomiko
Mori

===================

And perhaps Koki'o will join a random team if she sees a guy she fancies.

Konohagakure

Team Hinagiku
Sagisō
Shura
Furījia
Kiro & Tayuya (Perhaps? It'll give Retro something to do and Tayuya can head to Nadeshiko.)

Team Kakashi
Taiyo
Raiku
Sakura

Sunagakure

Team Pakura

Yasu
Madoka

Kumogakure

Team Darui
Aisha
Kenji
Samui
C

Team Valkyrie
Valkyries x9 (Duh?)

Kirigakure

Team Hama

Kai
Tsuki
Seiun
Hyōryūgetsu

Iwagakure

Team Kurotsuchi/Gurren

Tomiko
Mori

===================

Pretty sure I said Darui, not C.

And if the Valkyries are all Jonin tier then Kumo has the big advantage here. Even if it arguably has the weakest among our main cast representing it (Depends on how much Kenji's training improved him)

Pretty sure I said Darui, not C.

And if the Valkyries are all Jonin tier then Kumo has the big advantage here. Even if it arguably has the weakest among our main cast representing it (Depends on how much Kenji's training improved him)
They aren't supposed to have an advantage? It's a battle for their Jinchuriki on their land, with the closest village being Kumogakure... They're also the ones that should be mobilizing the most military power to recover the Jinchuriki.

C and Samui are there because they're apart of Darui's team.

They aren't supposed to have an advantage? It's a battle for their Jinchuriki on their land, with the closest village being Kumogakure... They're also the ones that should be mobilizing the most military power to recover the Jinchuriki.

C and Samui are there because they're apart of Darui's team.

Samui is part of his team? I get he and C are partners but I had no knowledge of Samui being on the team.

We might have too many characters in this arc XD
Most of them are fighting off screen, so let's narrow it down to the relevant.

Konohagakure
Sagisō
Shura
Taiyo
Raiku
Sakura

Sunagakure
Yasu
Madoka

Kumogakure
Aisha
Kenji

Kirigakure
Kai
Tsuki
Seiun
Hyōryūgetsu

Iwagakure
Tomiko
Mori

Possibly Koki'o.

That makes for 15~17 Chūnin tier Ocs.

I got like no alerts ~w~

Also @Godjacob , I'd like to clarify that is not an 'air blade' but rather an air propelled blade.

She's using her sheath as the gun barrel, her sword as the bullet and wind chakra as the gun powder. Your post still works, just pointing it out so you have a clear image of what occurred.
l'd like to see the shotgun-esque version of that, might be interesting for Reaver to fire off swords everywhere

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

Konohagakure

Team Hinagiku
Sagisō
Shura
Furījia

Team Kakashi
Taiyo
Raiku
Sakura

Sunagakure

Team Pakura

Yasu
Madoka

Kumogakure

Team Darui
Aisha
Kenji
Samui
C

Team Valkyrie
Valkyries x9 (Duh?)

Kirigakure

Team Hama

Kai
Tsuki
Seiun
Hyōryūgetsu

Iwagakure

Team Kurotsuchi/Gurren

Tomiko
Mori

===================

Hmm missing team sound here.

Team sound:
Zaku
Sakon
Ukon
Kidomaru
Kou

I got like no alerts ~w~

Also @Godjacob , I'd like to clarify that is not an 'air blade' but rather an air propelled blade.

She's using her sheath as the gun barrel, her sword as the bullet and wind chakra as the gun powder. Your post still works, just pointing it out so you have a clear image of what occurred.

Ah, so she is firing her sword at Azumi? My apologies I will make the edit ASAP.