• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I digress. @Kid_Nukas I'll be honest the Mist is without a doubt the worst village to attempt to go to because they're quite hostile to 'xenos' and that's everyone who's not born in the mist -so this means Amari. You'd honestly only go there to get abused and hit with 'the right of retribution *see pg.34', and I don't even know what the right of retribution is.
Yeah I wasn't planning on going there any time soon, plus I just like Koki'o's character so far and I think it's a slight contrast to Amari's. It's honestly why I picked her to partner up with her in my first post. I also just don't want have Amari go off on her own until I'm slightly more established in the RP.

Last edited:
That’s why I said practically one :p They have a special relationship the mist and the Nadeshiko. The nadeshiko cannot hope to win against any of the big five, however, none of the big five have ever attacked nadeshiko and conquered it because 1. Its hard to locate and 2. The protectorate like status
It's about as much of a relationship as business partners.

Conquering Nadeshiko wouldn't be worth the effort, trust me it's the definition of a pyrrhic victory.

It's hard to locate yes, but it doesn't have a protectorate status. It's as much a protectorate to the Mist as the Temple of Fire is to the Leaf.
As much as I dislike it, I must agree with Shen here. You just described a Protectorate. You do business to keep your village funded an alive.
Currently, the Mist is Nadeshikos lifeline.
Not in the slightest. The village is perfectly self-sufficient. With only 100 odd members even hunting & gathering would keep the village going. They do business for the sake of business, it has nothing to do with the vitality of the village.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
It's about as much of a relationship as business partners.

Conquering Nadeshiko wouldn't be worth the effort, trust me it's the definition of a pyrrhic victory.

It's hard to locate yes, but it doesn't have a protectorate status. It's as much a protectorate to the Mist as the Temple of Fire is to the Leaf.

Not in the slightest. The village is perfectly self-sufficient. With only 100 odd members even hunting & gathering would keep the village going. They do business for the sake of business, it has nothing to do with the vitality of the village.
This may enlighten things. Zander is 100% right
95D3BA0D-9463-4B12-A289-EA847084950D.png

Ummm, the only issues with that is;

1) They aren't a dependent territory.
2) They have 0 obligations to the Mist or the Land of Water.
3) They receive no protection from the Mist.

You're free to have someone in the MIst address the Nadeshiko Kunoichi as if they're supposed to be a dependent state if you so desire, but Nadeshiko will always act as a completely independent force who merely happen to reside on one of the Archipelago's many islands.

Ummm, the only issues with that is;

1) They aren't a dependent territory.
2) They have 0 obligations to the Mist or the Land of Water.
3) They receive no protection from the Mist.

You're free to have someone in the MIst address the Nadeshiko Kunoichi as if they're supposed to be a dependent state if you so desire, but Nadeshiko will always act as a completely independent force who merely happen to reside on one of the Archipelago's many islands.
1) Protectorates are still independent powers that have wills of their own
2) Protectorates come in many shapes and forms, some ever come without any benefits to their overlord
3) Actually, we haven’t formally addressed it now that we think of it.

Technically, we can spin it in many directions since we are making this story. Maybe they have had a relationship that has skipped on and off these lines and the mist as been trying to seal the deal?

Not really, the way Nadeshiko is, they're barely even a sovereign state. They're more like a mercenary group with a permanent residence. All their members are combat personnel, and mostly nomadic.

If the Mist tried to apply pressure to them they'd simply leave.
Thing is, nadeshiko seem to have quite the pride for themselves, I doubt they would give just like that. I also doubt any other nation would take them. Also it sets an example for the world on what they can do to push them around so easy

Thing is, nadeshiko seem to have quite the pride for themselves, I doubt they would give uonjust like that. I also doubt any other nation would take them. Also it sets an example for the world on what they can do to push them around so easy
They are less than 100 people :T

Which war could they possibly fight? They also don't care for what the Nations think. They're based on the Amazons, and they already live a semi-nomadic lifestyle. Their pride would result in relentless guerilla attacks and assassination attempts, but they wouldn't be foolish enough to attempt to stand up to an army of 10,000 with less than 100 people.

They are less than 100 people :T

Which war could they possibly fight? They also don't care for what the Nations think. They're based on the Amazons, and they already live a semi-nomadic lifestyle. Their pride would result in relentless guerilla attacks and assassination attempts, but they wouldn't be foolish enough to attempt to stand up to an army of 10,000 with less than 100 people.
Hence why they wouldn’t want to get the ire of any village, let alone the big five. And one would think they would garner more positive attention and employers if they had received Protectorate status under one of the big five: The Mist. What are the downsides?

Hence why they wouldn’t want to get the ire of any village, let alone the big five. And one would think they would garner more positive attention and employers if they had received Protectorate status under one of the big five: The Mist. What are the downsides?

And this is where I slide in.
The downside is being grouped with a bunch of high minded racists.

Join the cloud, or the stone, or the leaf, be a cool cat. ;)

*strikes match just to watch it burn* XD

And this is where I slide in.
The downside is being grouped with a bunch of high minded racists.

Join the cloud, or the stone, or the leaf, be a cool cat. ;)

*strikes match just to watch it burn* XD

*Wave of water washes out the flame on the match*

Remember, at this point only half of them are. And something about location and history between the two villages has something to do with it XD

They don't want attention at all from anyone at all. Joining any nation is a downside to them because they'd lose their entire way of life. Their unbridled fights to the death don't need politics dictating their action and any affiliation with a great village means they're far more conspicuous on their husband finding trips. All of the 5 Great nations would look twice when shinobi from another great nation enter their village and start challenging their shinobi to death matches.

The Mist as a village hardly even interacts with Nadeshiko. What limited interactions they have would be akin to the Nadeshiko Kunoichi who challenge Mist shinobi to battle, and other minor miscellaneous matters.

They quite frankly don't even need to interact with the Mist.

*Wave of water washes out the flame on the match*

Remember, at this point only half of them are. And something about location and history between the two villages has something to do with it XD
Location and History would again be the equivalent of something like Konoha and the Fire Temple.

They're aware of each other but they don't really interact. They just happen to both exist in the Land of Water.

Yet they sent a representative to the chunnin exams :T

Not joining, just a ‘big brother’ having your back
Very few people even recognize the symbol Nadeshiko, and even fewer know it's location. Sagisō's participation in the chūnin exams would be no reflection of the village's stance on interaction with the other ninja villages.

Nah, we're good. We don't need a big brother. We don't even allow men into our village.
Yet the equivalent of the president of the mist is in dealings with them.
Because her people are on the brink of revolt and if her own military forces can't be trusted she'd need to get it from somewhere.

Very few people even recognize the symbol Nadeshiko, and even fewer know it's location. Sagisō's participation in the chūnin exams would be no reflection of the village's stance on interaction with the other ninja villages.

Nah, we're good. We don't need a big brother. We don't even allow men into our village.

Because her people are on the brink of revolt and if her own military forces can't be trusted she'd need to get it from somewhere.

Pretty solid answers, I must admit. Let’s see where that takes them down the road ;)

"Completely independent female village"

With a regulatory system that forces them to mary the first man (or women) to beat them.

Not a very independent philosophy. They basically fight so they can look for someone they must submit to.
There's a reason there clan is so small, they live a rather illogical lifestyle.

Man, I feel like Kiro, switching sides in this conversation so often. Lol

Their lifestyle is completely illogical, but they don't actually care about the guy, they actually only care about his progeny. Just like the Amazons they're based on; they find a strong 'mate' so they can have strong babies. After the guy has served his use...well, I haven't decided what they do to the men yet lmao.

Perhaps they're just kicked out of the village, or perhaps they're sectioned off in some small corner of Nadeshiko. *shrugs*

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
With a regulatory system that forces them to mary the first man (or women) to beat them.
Wait, I don't think I was told about that women part, I would have totally made Amari gay
Their lifestyle is completely illogical, but they don't actually care about the guy, they actually only care about his progeny. Just like the Amazons they're based on; they find a strong 'mate' so they can have strong babies.
Oh I don't think she can be gay if that's the purpose.

Their lifestyle is completely illogical, but they don't actually care about the guy, they actually only care about his progeny. Just like the Amazons they're based on; they find a strong 'mate' so they can have strong babies. After the guy has served his use...well, I haven't decided what they do to the men yet lmao.

Perhaps they're just kicked out of the village, or perhaps they're sectioned off in some small corner of Nadeshiko. *shrugs*

...huh, so there lifestyle is the plot to Mars needs Moms?

Again, I call it quite illogical. Especially if they only keep men around for children. And if that were the case there'd be a bunch of obsticals.

During the time of pregnancy, said clan member won't be in action, dropping them another number. And then, there's always a chance that 9 months are wasted on the birth of a baby boy. What's if the clan member is a lesbian? What if the guy or girl cannot bring forth a child?

And if a ninja were to battle for your hand in marriage, what makes you think they'd willingly give up there child and/or equal rights?

Then what to they do? Sacrifice male babies to the Amazonian Goddess?

Sorry Kyuu, I'm always rooting for you, but your village is doomed to slowly dwindle if they 'stick to there lifestyle"

Maybe the men are brainwashed afterwards to be bands of marauders. That way they forget about what they experienced in nadeshiko while giving a reason to hire the nadeshiko’s services as mercenaries in the first place. Profit, Privacy, and preganancy

...huh, so there lifestyle is the plot to Mars needs Moms?

Again, I call it quite illogical. Especially of they only keep men around for children. And if that were the case there'd be a bunch of obsticals.

During the time of pregnancy, said clan member won't be in action, dropping them another. And then, there's always a chance that 9 months are wasted on the birth of a baby boy.

Then what to they do? Sacrifice male babies to the Amazonian Goddess?
Lmfao, yea that's very true, but that's what the base for the village is and I don't plan to change it.

Based on the bare bones description actually given, the men are kidnapped, so it's not really like they've given free choice. Their marriage to the Nadeshiko kunoichi is forced and they're probably raped and killed unless Stockholm syndrome kicks in or something. Details aren't given since they were only featured for a filler episode so I'm creating most of these rules myself.

They might have some secret ninjutsu that reduces the chance of a boy being born, or perhaps boys are simply abandoned with the fathers or in nearby villages.

I believe my consensus before was that it depended on the Kunoichi in question as some of them might've chosen to settle down with their husbands.

Lmfao, yea that's very true, but that's what the base for the village is and I don't plan to change it.

Based on the bare bones description actually given, the men are kidnapped, so it's not really like they've given free choice. Their marriage to the Nadeshiko kunoichi is forced and they're probably raped and killed unless Stockholm syndrome kicks in or something. Details aren't given since they were only featured for a filler episode so I'm creating most of these rules myself.

They might have some secret ninjutsu that reduces the chance of a boy being born, or perhaps boys are simply abandoned with the fathers or in nearby villages.

I believe my consensus before was that it depended on the Kunoichi in question as some of them might've chosen to settle down with their husbands.

Wait, now there's an even bigger issue. How are you supposed to kidnap the person who whooped your ass? (Parden the French, I'm a vulgar but literal man, lol)

If the person who defeats them even let's them live, what would they do? Gather clan members to whisk him off in the night?

I get that this is the clans original basis, but to be frank, it doesn't make any sense! XD

This is just another example stacked to my pile. Naruto would be a much shorter story, and likely yield a more interesting plot if people in anime land used basic logic to make there decisions.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Wait, now there's an even bigger issue. How are you supposed to kidnap the person who whooped your ass? (Parden the French, I'm a vulgar but literal man, lol)

If the person who defeats them even let's them live, what would they do? Gather clan members to whisk him off in the night?

I get that this is the clans original basis, but to be frank, it doesn't make any sense! XD

This is just another example stacked to my pile. Naruto would be a much shorter and easier story if people in anime land used basic logic to make there decisions.
^^^
I feel like I need to know this too since I share this responsibility of marriage

This is just another example stacked to my pile. Naruto would be a much shorter and easier story if people in anime land used basic logic to make there decisions.
Yup, they call in back up, pack your ass into a body bag and whisk you off into the night to serve as fertilizer. If they die in combat...then R.I.P I guess? We kill the guy that killed you, mourn your death and move on.

It's because it's so Absurd that I chose it! xD

Yup, they call in back up, pack your ass into a body bag and whisk you off into the night to serve as fertilizer. If they die in combat...then R.I.P I guess? We kill the guy that killed you, mourn your death and move on.

It's because it's so Absurd that I chose it! xD

....well, I guess there lifestyle is still far more logical than the Mist, so I can handle it.

But these points very well may come back to bite ya later on. Many many issues, so be wary.

How are they supposed to call for back up after they’re defeated? Are there agents in every village, town, even random Forest in the middle of no where?
Assuming they managed to survive the encounter then they simply stalk the person that defeated them while they send a message back to the village.

Though, on that matter you never know where you could find a Nadeshiko Kunoichi, they're nomadic after all. There are currently 3 in the battleground, and they'll likely split up after this arc and go elsewhere.
I feel like we might want to rethink this strategy
Lmao probably.
....well, I guess there lifestyle is still far more logical than the Mist, so I can handle it.

But these points very well may come back to bite ya later on. Many many issues, so be wary.
I've been rethinking it to make it more cohesive and logical, I just haven't put my thought to paper as a new set of rules.

I supposed it would be that rather than being forced to marry whoever defeats you, it's that you can only marry someone who defeats you.

Seduction is on you.

Male Children...depends on the Nadeshiko Kunoichi. They won't allow them to stay in the main village, but the Nadeshiko castle has a smaller castle attached to it, so I suppose they can stay there.