• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
No XD more so this:
81331178-3862-4690-867C-0E8BF144B1D1.png

9049C1C7-F2CA-49BF-B021-FCDBC1BC578A.png

Taiyo:Anyons tries to invade my home and I will blow them up, we aint gonna die at all. That is as long as the Leaf council grows a spine.
Hmmm, don't really see that happening (the council growing a spine that is) and if Shen invades with the Mist... Well, there are two routes I can go with Hinagiku right now.

Based on the backstory I'd planned to write with the Third Shinobi War, she might have a bit of dislike for being a general and would this refuse to take up the post. In that case yall get to go head to head with Shen over military tactics.

The second option deviates from character a bit as her time during the war would've been tinted by vengeance and hatred. This second option... Well let's just say I doubt the others controlling Konoha would agree to her tactics.

In both cases yall gonna need to battle Shen on the front lines. So I'd suggest watching a few videos on military strategy xD

I was kinda bored, so instead of writing an RP post I did a non-canon one-off scene to Cost of the Crown, from the dual perspective of Hinagiku and Mei.

I was gonna add some more text between the lyrics...but I don't wanna give too many spoilers by tipping people off with this xD.
Across the Five Great Nations and many minor nations, women of civil power were rather rare. Until recently, of the Five Kage only one was female, and of the Great Clans of Konohagakure, only one dubbed their leader Matriarch. Mei Terumī and Hinagiku Hyūga. Different women, in different circumstances, but tonight they both look to the skies. Unwittingly to both, perhaps, they are not so different.

As the Mizukage gently traces the frosty railings of her balcony, the Hyūga Matriarch sits, staring into her garden.

The stars are very beautiful, above the palace walls,
They shine with equal splendor, still above far humbler halls.

I watch them from my window, but their bright entrancing glow,
Reminds me of the freedom I gave up so long ago.

The royal circlet of bright gold rests lightly on my brow,
I once thought only of the rights this circlet would endow

The hat of Mizukage and mantle of Clan Head, both regalia in their own right, positions which granted their holders prestige only below that of the Feudal Lord.

But once I took the crown to which I had been schooled and bred,
I found it heavy on the heart, though light upon the head.
Having been trained her whole life for exactly this position, it was oddly ironic that, as she looked back, Hinagiku still found it laughable how amusingly unready she'd been. Perhaps it had been the sudden death of her father, that her first task had been to lead her Clan through the throng of World War, or perhaps it was more simple --one was never truly ready for leadership until their hands had firmly grasped upon the reins...

Although I am the head of state, in truth I am the least,
The true Queen knows her people fed, before she sits to feast.
Change. That is what needed to be brought to Kirigakure --nay, the Land of Water. Even in the bitter winter, when all should've been covered by the whitest of snow, the ugly scars of the Bloody Mist were prominent. Gaunt figures, few and far between, roamed the streets. Eyes and stomach sunken, skin taut on their bones, and fingers already setting in with frostbite. These were the more unfortunate members of the Mist's population. The bottom-rung even among the third caste. Those not lucky enough have been 'picked up' by one of the Mist's Clans.

With a status barely that of a slave's, with no master to serve nor sustain them. It was nigh impossible for these people to survive in the Mist. The society itself distrusted them, punished them even, for little more than the possibility of revolt. These people milled the streets, leaving both hope and corpses in the streets.

This was a system run by fear. Fear that ran rampant. People were suppressed through fear and those who suppressed in fear of revolt. As people were oppressed, it was simple logic that they would be pushed closer to rebellion and to prevent that was more oppression. It was an unending cycle that would not be broken without Change...

The good Queen knows her people safe, before she takes her rest,
Thinks twice and thrice and yet again, before she makes request.

For they are all my children, all, that I swore to defend,
It is my duty to become both Queen and trusted friend—
Muffled chuckles vanished into the void of night, and Mei mused,'Even that bumbling ball of irrational xenophobia -Jin.'

And of my children high and low, from beggar to above,
The dearest are my Heralds, who return my care with love.

The dearest are my Heralds, swift to spring to my command.
Who give me aid and fellowship, who always understand
That land and people first have needs that I may not deny—

So I must send my dearest friends to danger—and to die.

A friend, a love, a child—it matters not, I know indeed,
That I must sacrifice them all if there should be the need.
Different names came to mind for each of the women, from family, Keshinohana, Sagisō, Azami, Furījia, Daria... to the closest of aides, Chino, Ao, Nowaki, Karyū, Amuda...

They know, and they forgive me—doing more than I require,
With willing minds and loving hearts go straight to grasp the fire.

These tears that burn my eyes are all the tears the Queen can't shed,
The tears I weep in silence as I mourn my Heralds dead.

Oh gods that dwell beyond the stars, if you can hear my cry—
And if you have compassion—let me send no more to die...

Her white pupils staring into the milky moonlight night, Hinagiku silently wiped a tear that had spilled down her cheek. It was all she could spare for now, both for the past -her sisters waiting on the other side- and the future, in conflict yet to come.

I'll probably do a canon run in the roleplay itself, but I'll do the lyrics twice. Once focusing on Hinagiku, and the next focusing on Mei.

I dabbled a bit on how the caste might affect the Mist, they've probably got a particularly large gap between social classes with next to zero social mobility, but I didn't really get to go into how Mei felt about it because it was already quite a bit of text and I didn't want the reader to totally loose pacing with the song.

I'll probably do a canon run in the roleplay itself, but I'll do the lyrics twice. Once focusing on Hinagiku, and the next focusing on Mei.

I dabbled a bit on how the caste might affect the Mist, they've probably got a particularly large gap between social classes with next to zero social mobility, but I didn't really get to go into how Mei felt about it because it was already quite a bit of text and I didn't want the reader to totally loose pacing with the song.
Thankfully, that fear aspect is much lower in this AU, as the mist has more of their bearings and have an actual backbone clan

Thankfully, that fear aspect is much lower in this AU, as the mist has more of their bearings and have an actual backbone clan
I don't think it would change anything, I'd even argue the Yuki's Xenophobia would only make it worst.

The whole fear aspect is more because of the Mist's caste system. With a First Class 'Pure Mist Citizens', Second Class 'Allies', and Third Class 'Subjugated Foes', the Mist is borderline a slave-society. Though the Yuki are actually pushing them further in that direction.

When I mentioned the fear, it was more the Mist being wary that the Third Caste would revolt, and the Third Caste in turn being fearful of the oppressive upper caste. It's something that's mentioned in canon (according to Wiki, so I'll go check that source later).

With the Yuki introducing...actual slavery and xenophobia —and by extension Nationalism, which could potentially evolve to into jingoism— they'd only magnify that particular kind of cultural friction and social discrimination that exists within the Mist.

They'd help in the light that the Mist would have more military power with which to suffocate rebellious intentions, but in the long run the friction between castes would only increase.

I don't think it would change anything, I'd even argue the Yuki's Xenophobia would only make it worst.
They still care deeply about the mist, no matter the caste. They are untrusting of the Xeno, but gentle toward any mist civilian or ninja.

The whole fear aspect is more because of the Mist's caste system. With a First Class 'Pure Mist Citizens', Second Class 'Allies', and Third Class 'Subjugated Foes', the Mist is borderline a slave-society. Though the Yuki are actually pushing them further in that direction.
Subjugated foes? Your acting like they commonly leave foes alive.

With the Yuki introducing...actual slavery and xenophobia —and by extension Nationalism, which could potentially evolve to into jingoism— they'd only magnify that particular kind of cultural friction and social discrimination that exists within the Mist.
That’s a slippery slope fallacy.

They still care deeply about the mist, no matter the caste. They are untrusting of the Xeno, but gentle toward any mist civilian or ninja.
While they themselves might take a 180 flip to anyone so long as they join the Mist, those who've picked up their xenophobic ideals might not be so quick to change.
Subjugated foes? Your acting like they commonly leave foes alive.
*shrugs*
I'm just telling you what I've read. I've checked and the Caste System is explained in one of the Novels.

The highest ranking civilians were those whose family lineage originally stemmed from within Kirigakure, the second caste was for members of families who were allied with Kirigakure on the battlefields in the past while the last and lowest caste consisted of members of the families who were defeated on said battlefields and annexed into the village. From the early days on, the members of the third caste were handled with caution and had to complete the most perilous and dangerous missions for the village — thus keeping them occupied and preventing them from revolting.

It has nothing to do with the Yuki specifically.
That’s a slippery slope fallacy.
Seiun is enslaved. He's proof of the system, but not a good representation of other people that may fall under that category.

Even if there are issues with that first point, the second point isn't really arguable. Xenophobia —the Yuki's brand of which is also flecked with Nationalism— or any prejudice against another people that denotes one as superior and the other inferior has a chance of it going right wing.

*shrugs*
I'm just telling you what I've read. I've checked and the Caste System is explained in one of the Novels.
1. Novels
2. Again, the yuki have taken up and warped this drastically

It has nothing to do with the Yuki specifically.
Except with the yuki there, the times of the bloody mist were drastically shortened, and they quickly ushered in more stble laws and government in general.

Seiun is enslaved. He's proof of the system, but not a good representation of other people that may fall under that category.

Even if there are issues with that first point, the second point isn't really arguable. Xenophobia —the Yuki's brand of which is also flecked with Nationalism— or any prejudice against another people that denotes one as superior and the other inferior has a chance of it going right wing.
Yes he is enslaved. Which the yuki turned their heads about. It’s a rare thing to happen. Slavery has been all but phased out, but it still isnt technically illegal either.

Yes. They think themselves superior and outsiders inferior. Those who have already pledged loyalty to the mist and are integrated into their society are exempt from this predjudice. But In a war, make no mistake, the Yuki don’t take prisoners. Nothing is off the table, straight to genocide

1. Novels
Fair enough.

Except with the yuki there, the times of the bloody mist were drastically shortened, and they quickly ushered in more stble laws and government in general.

I don't really see why they would shorten the bloody mist era. It wasn't that long to begin with, it was throughout Yagura's reign as Mizukage.

Yes he is enslaved. Which the yuki turned their heads about. It’s a rare thing to happen. Slavery has been all but phased out, but it still isnt technically illegal either.

Yes. They think themselves superior and outsiders inferior. Those who have already pledged loyalty to the mist and are integrated into their society are exempt from this predjudice. But In a war, make no mistake, the Yuki don’t take prisoners. Nothing is off the table, straight to genocide
Exempt from prejudice by the Yuki Clan. I doubt everyone else would so eagerly do away with years of hatred just because it's frowned upon.

It's the result of this kind of superior-inferior thinking. When trying to integrated said 'inferior' party into your society, it won't be easy to simply undo years of prejudice.

Except from prejudice by the Yuki Clan. I doubt everyone else would so eagerly do away with years of hatred just because it's frowned upon.

It's the result of this kind of superior-inferior thinking. When trying to integrated said 'inferior' party into your society, it won't be easy to simply undo years of prejudice.

They actually have an education center for freshly converted pure bloods. Like giving them the principles and teachings that every mist-nin or man should know. That factors quite a bit

1. Novels

So the scenario kinda plays out like, "I only know the difference between friends and enemies if there wearing my name tag." Type situation. Lol

Fall of the Yuki will be my climax in this rp. XD