• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
So earth and water beats fire. Fire is fueled by wind so it consumes it. And that’s it. Lightning getting through earth doesn’t make sense since it insulated lightning. Rocks don’t soak up water, in fact water erodes rocks. So actually, water beats two things and has no weaknesses. Fire beats one thing and has two weaknesses. Wind has one weakness and beats nothing. Earth beats lightning and fire and has no weaknesses. Lightning has one weakness and beats nothing.

The real nature transformations weaknesses and strengths

Not true. Lightning has more shattering power, so it tears through rock easier. And lightning also zapped through water.

And earth doesn’t beat lightning, but it beats air, and has a slight advantage over fire.

Air is iffy depending on the style.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nah the voltage needed for that is way more than what chakra can make unless you have chidori. LCM is more of a speed/defense bonus then destructive lightning

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kakuzu, an akatsuki, shooting 50 high air pressure bullets breaks through earth. Wow, what an easy thing to do. That’s like using chidori against an air barrier. Also that video proves my point that earth can’t destroy wind since it can only block it away

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Kakuzu, an akatsuki, shooting 50 high air pressure bullets breaks through earth. Wow, what an easy thing to do. That’s like using chidori against an air barrier. Also that video proves my point that earth can’t destroy wind since it can only block it away

It depends which wind justu. Also, need I remind you that Zaku turned boulders and trees into dust. The boulders without even using the extreme variant.

So earth and water beats fire. Fire is fueled by wind so it consumes it. And that’s it. Lightning getting through earth doesn’t make sense since it insulated lightning. Rocks don’t soak up water, in fact water erodes rocks. So actually, water beats two things and has no weaknesses. Fire beats one thing and has two weaknesses. Wind has one weakness and beats nothing. Earth beats lightning and fire and has no weaknesses. Lightning has one weakness and beats nothing.

The real nature transformations weaknesses and strengths
Eh...didn't I already explain how these work on the Chinese Elements rather than the western elements?

Even disregarding that the elemental advantages are never absolute. It's just a general rule of thumb.

E.g. Flames can be blown out by the Wind, which is an exception that depends on the Jutsu used.

They're based on the Chinese interpretation of the natural elements.

Which I will pull up against along with an explanatory essay ~w~

It's really more case-to-case though, as Shen said.

Besides I asked Retro before I made my post if we make our own opponents for this Jashin fight and he said yes so I thought we had to make one for each character. My mistake if I missed that but again nobody has told me any different before now.
Yeah, I did say that but Koopa corrected me the post directly afterwards.
You mean save one for them, Shura's taking the leader as well
I honestly don’t think it matters though. It’s filler. My only complaint is that Takato didn’t kill his one yet lel

You should’ve had them kill their opponents in the same post to save some time. There was no need for you to rush and post if that’s what you were doing.

Tayuya was destroying hers so I thought he was as good as dead XD

Well, I was going under the rule of thumb that just because they are fodder did not mean we had to make them push overs. Guess I picked a bad time to stretch it out XD

I was a bit questionable on the level of these opponents as well.

Well I mean given the fact that Kiro killed his in his fashion they probably didn't even graduate the academy XD

Shura also took their leader out without too much issues so this either makes it seem like they're stronger than the leader or Takato and Tayuya are weaker than the rest of the group

Very much true and like I said I will make edit.

This is why fodder should not be used when judging the strength of a nation. They only exist to die over easy no matter their rank so bottom line nation's strength=# of big named characters they have XD

Ehehe, so I ended up taking a nap instead of writing that essay, whoops?

To cut a long story very short, everyone's favorite Chinese Concept, the Eight Trigrams are back with an unnecessarily confusing and complex sequence of interactions.

bagua-fuxi.jpg

So Ignoring Mountain, Lake, and Heaven, you're left with Thunder, Fire, Wind, Water, Earth.

Although they're based on the natural elements, so many parallels are drawn between them and other things that their interactions...don't really make sense in a Western understanding.

But lemme try to explain this anyway.

It goes like this;

Trigrams that are opposite to each other form pairs. Fire-Water, Thunder-Wind, Mountain-Lake, Heaven-Earth.

They represent Yin-Yang interactions so they should be opposite, conflicting, yet complementary.

So Fire evaporates water, but water quenches the fire. The interaction should go both ways.

The story goes that one of the 3 Sovereigns and 5 Emperors, Fu Xi gained enlightenment of the entire universe and ascended to godhood after understanding the concept of Bagua and charting the Trigrams.

He witnessed lightning struck trees on the mountain, setting off a huge fire. But in a minute, heavy rain doused the flames. The raindrops dripping from the trees activated the streams, which converged into the waterfalls. It seemed that everything in the universe was related and interactive.

lightning strikes the ground and tears it apart (lightning > earth)
fires are quenched by water (water > fire)
earth (dirt) absorbs water (earth > water)
wind fuels fire (fire > wind)
wind insulates lightning (wind > lightning)

The Naruto elements are sorta based here though they do have a bit of western influence.

If none of this makes sense to you, then Masashi Kishimoto said so, so just deal with it :T

The Bagua makes very little sense in a common-sense type of way. Besides Water-Fire, the rest interact in some absolutely ridiculous ways (Like Wind-Thunder joined correspond to the Wood of the Five Elements)

Fun Fact; one of the 3 Sovereigns is named Shen, well, Shen-nong