• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Gentle fist isn’t a bloodline trait either it’s a fighting style, like nukes
Again, show me where I accepted it and then we can see. Or at least explain what you mean by ‘nukes’
The cost as a whole would still be sizable and its effectiveness is questionable.

I don't see it as a trap as effective as say, the Water Prison. I'm not saying it isn't an effective technique, but it likely won't end any fights.
Probably not end. I’d compare it to the likes of stealth rock or fire spin. Something that greatly aides in battle, and having its own chakra reserves similar to that of a clone, allowing it to chase targets. A multipronged assault from flame walls and the ninja themself would prove tricky to get around

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Probably not end. I’d compare it to the likes of stealth rock or fire spin. Something that greatly aides in battle, and having its own chakra reserves similar to that of a clone, allowing it to chase targets. A multipronged assault from flame walls and the ninja themself would prove tricky to get around
Hmm I don’t see how tricky it could be if you have wind water or earth style

That's where you've started adding your own spin to the technique though lol

And that adds an entirely new dimension to the attack. If it has its own chakra reserve then its significantly more susceptible to chakra-attacking techniques. Take out the chakra source and the jutsu goes poof.

It's entirely up to how Smug wields it, but just based on the description we were given I can't see it being that major a threat.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_

And that adds an entirely new dimension to the attack. If it has its own chakra reserve then its significantly more susceptible to chakra-attacking techniques. Take out the chakra source and the jutsu goes poof.

It's entirely up to how Smug wields it, but just based on the description we were given I can't see it being that major a threat.

Would you have any suggestions Kyuu? I'd appreciate input from you since I'm not exactly sure on the power scaling of the rest of the cast.

Damn, everyone is just shitting on my jutsu here lmao

that’s what I’m saying. It has great potential, and there’s soooo much you can do with it. I milked what was in essence one technique all the way through a tourney and won chunin rank lol. This is one of those techniques that I see with similar potential. Despite what is being said about it.

You know how nukes are like explosions from plutonium splitting an atom or something? Well explosions from fire style and plutonium from earth
Wouldn’t that like...irradiate everyone including yourself? Radiation tends to be pretty widespread.
Tbf You said fire style doesn’t affect “air” waves So I wouldn’t wanna fight someone that can just straight up ignore basic naruto canon lol
Not like it’s blown away fireballs before :v

that’s what I’m saying. It has great potential, and there’s soooo much you can do with it. I milked what was in essence one technique all the way through a tourney and won chunin rank lol. This is one of those techniques that I see with similar potential. Despite what is being said about it.
The same can be said of any technique.

I can only judge based on what I've seen though and everyone else will do the same. That idea of what we think your jutsu is will affect how we respond do it. So if none of that is mentioned beforehand then we're going to have people casually escaping the jutsu because it just sounds fairly basic.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
A two-story ring of fire isn't a very cost-effective trap though lel

Personally, I'd be more than willing to go through the fire and take some burns, protecting oneself with chakra is quite effective.
The cost as a whole would still be sizable and its effectiveness is questionable.

I don't see it as a trap as effective as say, the Water Prison. I'm not saying it isn't an effective technique, but it likely won't end any fights.
Should I point out the fact that both Sagiso and Katsuo went down to a wall of fire?
Granted the fire was the equivalent of 5 fireballs and it was more like explosions all around rather than just a straight wall, but still

Nah I just don’t like people getting a jutsu that seems tricky in general. Everyone has a weakness and fire style has lots
The trickier the better lol. Genjustu was thought of to be the worst style to rp with until I tried it myself. Experimenting with it and perfecting it can yield some interesting results. That’s saying it’s not even augmented further.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The trickier the better lol. Genjustu was thought of to be the worst style to rp with until I tried it myself. Experimenting with it and perfecting it can yield some interesting results. That’s saying it’s not even augmented further.
I always get called out every time I use it so I’m not looking forward to when I have to use it against an oc with sema lol

Would you have any suggestions Kyuu? I'd appreciate input from you since I'm not exactly sure on the power scaling of the rest of the cast.
Off the top of my head? Nope.

Fire Style is pretty tricky. I do like the suggestions Shen's made where you make it a living construct of fire that can act independently, but I'm not sure how far you can reasonably take that. Sentient Flame constructs? Who knows.

Fire Release is one of the harder elements to work with since fire, at first glance, is less than versatile.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
What I don’t want is focus shifted off our OC’s and to their parents of all things. We kinda agreed that we should shift back to OC centric ideas. So...perhaps reconsider this grandiose of a display from a character with little screen time?
Hmm well Idk why he would fight in our plot cuz he’s not leading any genin ever lol. Probably would destroy people in fights if he was sent to a war or something tho lol

It's not considered bad it's just 'autoy' and not a lot of people want to deal with working around that.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Off the top of my head? Nope.

Fire Style is pretty tricky. I do like the suggestions Shen's made where you make it a living construct of fire that can act independently, but I'm not sure how far you can reasonably take that. Sentient Flame constructs? Who knows.

Fire Release is one of the harder elements to work with since fire, at first glance, is less than versatile.
I can confirm, fire by itself is kind of hard to work with, only reason I've been able to do anything was because of the help of kyuu who came up with like 5 good techniques for me to use. I'm trying to add a few more tricks to my arsenal other then just fire though