• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Next Tournament Ideas

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
There's been some interesting ideas put forward here.

What I will say is that even if an idea isn't used straightaway, it doesn't mean it won't end up being used at a later date. Some ideas may require more refining than others, and I'd rather give them the time and attention they need to succeed than try to rush them out.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Next tournament goes live tomorrow.

It'll be Monotype 6vs6 singles, while I try to think of ways to do the other ideas mentioned.

Don't bother preparing teams for it just yet. You'll find out why tomorrow.

You've already said you have an idea for the next one, so for the one after that how about Ubers? I don't think we've ever had one of those :o

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
You've already said you have an idea for the next one, so for the one after that how about Ubers? I don't think we've ever had one of those :o

As always it hinges on what people want to see the most. If a lot of people would really like to see Ubers now then we can make Ubers the next tournament instead.

My current idea will require a bit of planning to arrange, so if people would really like to see Ubers then throwing it in now would give me more time to refine this idea.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
What about the opposite of a monotype. Where no two Pokemon can share the same type

The main issue with this is that a lot of teams attempt this anyway to prevent making their teams weak to a certain type. The only times you usually get any crossover is if the team relies on a weather effect (which is very rare since Gen VI nerfed weather abilities,) if the type has very easily covered weaknesses (Water is the best type for this since Water/Ground is such a good combination and there's tons of Water-types neutral to Grass) or simply if a dual-typed Pokemon on the team just happens to share one of its types with another team member.

I don't feel it'd restrict choices anywhere near enough to make it worth doing. It'd just be a 6vs6 singles tournament basically.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Mono color tournament? All Pokémon on the team must share the same Primary color, shinies allowed

Pretty sure this one has been done before ages ago and was quite successful, so it's definitely one I'd consider worth doing again at some point.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Honestly I'd rather some input be given to some of the previously suggested ideas as well rather than just throwing random stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks.

Just because an idea is different or "unique" doesn't mean it's good. There's usually a good reason why some of them have not been done before.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I believe @Ruko and I have both made mono-color teams of some sort and battled each other with them back in Gen VI, and I personally really enjoyed it. I'd be willing to join in the fun if we had mono-color, though probably not anytime soon since summer classes are currently a pain in the ass.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As stated in the last tournament thread, there will probably be a rest period now until the Let's Go games arrive. It seems people aren't really playing Pokemon all that much at the moment, myself included, so interest is at a low currently, which is understandable.

We may as well use this time to bring up ideas of what you want to see out of future tournaments. Whether it's a new idea, or an idea used before that you'd like to see make a return, now is the best time to talk about it.