• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Painful Pasts And Shining Futures

In a secluded corner of Eterna Forest, there lies a village, built for pokemon, by pokemon. The village is a peaceful and happy place, where pokemon of all ages and species live and work together, away from the eyes of hopeful trainers, looking to catch its inhabitants.

But everyone living there has a painful past; they are pokemon who have abandoned or abused by their trainers, rejected by their mothers, or kicked out of their packs. And so together, they vow to move forward with a smile on their faces, as they confront and heal the scars of yesterday.

(Here's the character sheet! Fill it out if you want to join!)

Name:

Species:

Backstory: (You can opt to keep this a secret, and then reveal it later in the rp, if you like)

(Here's my character)

Name: Anokhi

Species: Mightyena

Backstory: Anokhi was caught as a poochyena, and used as a pet by a girl. They were the best of friends, until the girl got married and had a child. She threw Anokhi out as soon as her baby was born, because she couldn't be bothered to care for them both, and her husband had never liked Anokhi in the first place. Heartbroken, she ran away to Eterna Forest, where she found the Pokémon Village, filled with pokemon just like her. She now works as a berry picker in the Pokémon Village, collecting food for everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just another day in the Pokémon Village. Everyone was setting up shop, and preparing the rest of the day. There had been no new arrivals for quite some time, so things were starting to get a bit boring in town.Boring, it might have been, but that meant less mouths for Anokhi to feed.

Or did it?

"Anokhi, I think you're going to have to get more berries than usual. We've got some new arrivals," explained the 'mayor' of the village, a pyroar.

Name: Leon

Species: Squirtle

Backstory: He was kidnapped from Team Rocket as a Blastoise, and tortured. He also had been used in Project Tot which caused him to age back to youth, and devolve back into a Squirtle. He is now planning on being a patrol for the village soon, though his aging is very slow since his heart is dark and closed off from his feelings of friendship.

Leon fell from a tree, as he was behind a house in the Pokémon Village. He noticed a lot of people around the Village, as he quickly went into his shell. He was frightened, as he was extremely timid.

He thought to himself, "There's so many people... they're gonna hurt me and kill me.... like those Rocket grunts almost did..." He quietly cried while still in his shell, as he heard a Pyroar that spoke to a Mightyena.

name:tsuaken
species:gengar
backstory:??????

the elder awoke and saw the squirtles shell outside the village. :'| "i am not looking foward to this", then he blasted a very powerful shadow ball at the squirtle.

Anokhi's ears perked up at the sound of a gengar's cry. Was it owned by someone? In Pokémon Village, there was a very strict rule about battling, and that was, only battle if you need to do so out of self defense.

Anokhi followed the sound of the gengar's voice, A squirtle, crying quietly in its shell lay on the ground, as a gengar blasted a shadow ball at it. She couldn't let that squirtle be beat up...!

She jumped in front of the shadow ball, and shattered it with a secret power attack.

Leon heard the shadow ball, as he quickly got out of his shell and shielded himself from the splash impact. His thoughts were right, as ran away crying. He charged up a Water Gun, as he was about to use it at the next Pokémon that dared to attack him! He quickly took cover behind a tree in the village, as he took in some breaths in an attempt to recover.

Name: Ace

Species: Furret

backstory: Furrets past remains a secret, but he enjoys collecting berries and helping others.

He heard a thud, and quickly moved back to the village,dropping a few berries along the way a gengar and a squirtle shell in sight, What was going on?

Leon quickly slided under a table, as he ran past some other Pokémon while he cried. He swiftly dashed past the mayor, who was a Pyroar, as he quickly jumped into a pond that a Corsola was in.

He quickly hid in some seaweed, as he went into his shell and took some deep breaths. He said to the Corsola as he cried, "I think I might stay here for some time... there's some crazy people out to kill everyone! Please don't tell anyone okay?"

Name: Ema

Species: Kangaskhan

Backstory: ???

Other: Bow {below} is her son, hence the two sheets. Since technially speaking Kangaskhan is two pokemon on there own.
--
Name: Bow

Species: Cubone

Backstory: ?? ♥

---
Ema had been positioned behind the tree the small squirtle had just so happened to dash behind. Of course, the motherly pokemon meant the other no harm. She just gave the other a soft wave. A small bone was the only sign Bow was inside her pouch. He was asleep.

Leon still stayed hidden with the Corsola, as he didn't want to get out of the pond. He still stayed in his shell, as he continued to breathe in the water. It felt nice since the water was clean and fresh.

He thought to himself while he still looked at the Corsola that was slient, "Oh my, she is sure a quiet one. Or she could possibly be asleep..." He dozed off shortly after next to the Corsola, as he snored quietly.

Name: Anja

Species: Croconaw

Backstory:???

Anja had just arrived from his long trip from Pastoria, and was relieved about finally reaching somewhere he felt he belonged. However, as he approached the building where you buy your house for to live in, his paranoia started to grow. Anja thought "If any Pokemon approach me I'm gonna snap and cause chaos and that's last thing I want"

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Name: Anna
Species: Buneary
Backstory: Born and raised on a Eterna forest. Kicked out of her family after attacking a rival faction of pokemon.

Name: Donde
Species: Dustox
Backstory: as a Wurmple, stolen by team galactic, then released into the forest after Team Galactic were arrested.
---------------------
Anna bounced through the trees and jumped next to where a small market was being set up.

Donde flew into the area and Anna greeted him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Mystic
Species: Mismagius
Backstory: Mystic's backstory might be the saddest one yet. Abandoned by his family and friends because he wasn't a shiny, he was caught by a trainer and evolved. However, the trainer then released it as he was able to obtain a shiny Misdreaveus. Mystic was very skilled, able to use Mystical Fire, but abandoned by his family, friends, and trainer, he gained a hatred for shiny Pokèmon. Now, he has made his home in the Old Chateau, close to the Pokèmon Village. He usually attacks any Shiny Pokèmon he sees.

Mystic came to a shop, seeing a shiny Murkrow. He attacked it with Mystical Fire, burning the Murkrow. He finished it off with a Power Gem.

Anna saw from a distance the attack. "Donde, over there!" she shouted
Donde looked and saw the fire burning the Murkrow. "Let me investigate!" He said. He flew over towards Mystic.

"Oh?" Said Mystic as the two Pokèmon came near him. He then attacked with Psywave, and then used Perish Song on them, and locked them in with Mean Look. He then faded into another dimension with Phantom Force.

Mystic appeared on top of a tall tree, and saw someone he recognized- his trainer- entering the woods. He doubted he could find his way to the Pokèmon village, but just in case, he used Curse on his trainer to attempt to stop him from getting closer.

Last edited by a moderator:

(OOC: Honestly? How am I suppossed to av-...)

Dande was pushed back by the Psywave attack, but he avoided the Perish song attack. He fell down to the ground. Ann rushed to help him.

(Mystic was a VERY high level when it was released, and taking out most shiny Pokèmon will also help it grow stronger. He has a very high action speed.)
Mystic came to a shop, and it got some delicious candy. It then 'sat' on a bench, eating the candy.

Having heard some commotion nearby, Anokhi came over to investigate. A mismagius attacked a buneary, a dustox, and a shiny murkrow, launching attack after attack.

Well, that's our no battling rule gone out the window, she cursed to herself. First a gengar, and now a rogue mismagius, attacking the citizens of the village for no good reason!

"We do not tolerate behaviour like this around here," she growled at the mismagius, before her teeth became frozen fangs...

Last edited:
"Ah. So you want to know why I'm doing this? How about you see my life?!" Said Mystic. He then was able to trap her in a dream, and showed her everything he went through, from his birth to his attack on the Murkrow, telling her his feelings via a strange voice.

Anja could see the commotion from where he was and he thought. "I guess I can never find peace where ever I can go, as long as it doesn't mess with me I don't care" Anja the Croconaw then proceeded with the rest of his day as if he saw nothing and entered the building to get a home.

As soon as it was over, Anokhi glared down at the mismagius, her fangs bared. She had no sympathy for things like this.

"So?!" she snorted, "You were abandoned by your trainer. Well guess what, I was too, and so were a lot of other pokemon in the village. I was thrown away by the mistress I loved because her stupid husband, and her stupid baby! That doesn't mean I want to attack every human I come across!"

"But, how about being replaced by a weaker, differently colored, version of yourself, and realizing how fragile what we call 'happiness' is?! I loved my trainer once, we were best friends! But, because of his stupid shiny Mismagius, and my friends and family, and how cruel life is, special Pokèmon are only special because of their talents to me, and shiny Pokèmon are useless!"

"My mistress shared everything with me," Anokhi scoffed, "Whenever she was upset, I'd let her cry into my fur. When she was sick, I lay by her side until she felt better. At her wedding, she had me instead of a bridesmaid, and she told me that I was the most special mightyena in all the world."

Anokhi choked back tears as she continued recalling her 'story', as everyone in the village called it. "When she got pregnant, she always told me to go away, and that I was a useless, mangy mutt. When her baby was born, her husband told her to get rid of me, because I might bite the baby, and she did. Threw me out and crushed my pokeball right in front of me. If it weren't for Pyroar, and his daughter, who is, by the way, one of the shinies that you hate so much, I'd be dead. And I'm happy now because they were there for me when I lost everything!"

"If you could rewrite history in exchange for your life, would you do it? And if so, what would you do? Please, do you realize that humans are the ones shaping our lives? They might use you to do something you can't do. Behind every bend is a long, blinding end. My life is the worst kind of pain I've known. I'm very talented, but I was replaced... Some things might not be able to change, but you are so blind that you don't care. We are just a speck of dust compared to this planet, and we are on another speck of dust, and it keeps going. If you want to change, see how insignificant everything is."

"Everything is insignificant. Let go of your trainer, as we share something. Our lives are connected, because..." Mystic appeared to tear up as he said this- " I remember you from my trainer's stories. He said that he once had a Mightyana, but after he was born it left, and he wants to see it again."

Leon heard the huge arguing from Anokhi and Mystic, as he still stayed hidden in the pond with Corsola. He said to her, "Hey umm... do you mind if I stay here for a little? There's a lot of chaos going on right now, so I prefer to be in a calm place with you."

He saw her nod at him, as he hugged her, while he avoided her coral like hair since it felt stiff. He came out of his shell and sat next to her, as he continued to breathe in the water.

He told her a secret as some tears came down that camoflaged with the water, "I have to tell you something... I used to be a Blastoise here. I was abused, neglected, and such. I stumbled around here and I found out that this place is going under chaos now. I'm a Squirtle now for some reason, it's like I'm younger now..." He continued to cry, as he went into his shell again and stayed next to the Corsola.

"Everything is insignificant. Let go of your trainer, as we share something. Our lives are connected, because..." Mystic appeared to tear up as he said this- " I remember you from my trainer's stories. He said that he once had a Mightyana, but after he was born it left, and he wants to see it again."

Anokhi's need to cry was suddenly dispelled upon hearing that. "Like mother, like son, huh? My trainer, and her son will never see me ever again. I'm going to continue my happy life, with my friends, right here."

Anja walked out with a piece of paper saying the directions to his new house. "Thank god, the Treecko at reception was an utter pain to talk to." Anja looked back at where the commotion was happening. "I guess the beef that was happening died down" Anja then started walking whilst staring at the piece of paper. Anja heard crying beside him, he looked and saw a Squirtle in its shell next to a Corsola behind a tree. "This is a strange place." The Croconaw thought and continued his way to his brand new house.

Anokhi froze. A human in the Pokemon Village?! But how? Humans never came across this part of Eterna Forest!

Anokhi dashed back, to warn the other citizens of the village, as well as the mayor, passing a croconaw, a squirtle, and a corsola as she went.

"Everyone, prepare to attack! We have a code red!"

(OOC EDIT: If we're allowed to control more than one character here, then I might need to make another OC sheet for Corsola. I still have to think on Horsea and Finneon.

BIC:
Leon continued to stay quiet, as he still cried. Corsola went to his shell and tapped him gently with her coral hair, as she quietly said, "Hey look, you don't have to be so scared now. I have to admit, I'm also scared here, but you shouldn't worry too much. This pond is at least thirty meters deep, and it's just you, me, along with a Horsea and a Finneon. They're asleep in their tiny caverns though."

Leon peeked out of his shell, as he smiled at Corsola. He felt happy for the first time in his life, as he came up to her, and hugged her like a baby. She giggled at him, as she said, "Oh Squirtle, you are so kind... I think it would be nice for you to stay with the three of us."

Leon smiled at the Corsola, as she led him to her cavern area and moved a rock that blocked the door. She said to him, "I think we should take a rest in here, I think you're tired here, and well... there's just too much going on at the surface."

Leon nodded at her, as the two went into the tiny underwater cavern and went onto their beds. The beds felt soft, as it was seagrass with some shells that cushioned the bedding. Leon dozed off, as he went into his shell, while Corsola slept with him while she made her coral hair less stiff.

Name: White Lightning

Species: Lucario (White-Colored)

Backstory: An experiment, White Lightning is VERY FAST, able to rival the speed of lightning, and can mega evolve without needing a Trainer. Originally made for military use, this Bio-Weapon didn't like being used, so it destroyed the whole base it was in. It can also transform, but that takes a lot out of him, and also hurts him.

A silver-colored Lucario jumped out of nowhere and attacked the trainer very quickly, and tossed it to the Spear Pillar. It then landed on the ground.

Leon still slept with Corsola, as he quietly asked her while he snored, "So... zzz... what's your... zzz.. name? Zzzzzzz...."
Corsola woke up and giggled at him as she said, "My name's Claire, so what's your name sleepyhead?"
Leon rolled over, as he said to Claire while he snored still, "L- Leon.... zzzzzz... I'm very tired here... zzz..."

Claire decided to let Leon sleep, as she lied down on her stomach and continued to loosen her coral hair. She smiled at Leon, as she dozed off on her bed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: This is my second character here, I might make another OC form if Horsea and Finneon start to become major characters, or if it's mandatory, and if the RP thread creator allows it.

Name: Claire

Species: Corsola

Backstory: It's a secret, it'll be revealed later on as the RP progresses.

(OOC EDIT: If we're allowed to control more than one character here, then I might need to make another OC sheet for Corsola. I still have to think on Horsea and Finneon.

(That's ok, but just don't make too many other characters, so that this thread stays under control)

Anokhi stopped dead, right where Mystic had once been, with her trainer.

"That was strange," she mused. If her mistress' son could disappear like a ghost type, then was he dead too? Not like she had time to think about it, for now, she still had berries to harvest for the new arrivals...

(OOC: What is the limit for the amount characters that I can control? I just need to ask first since I have two so far, and possibly two others if I'm allowed. If you do allow it, then I'll make the OC sheets for them after introductions.)

Finneon stayed with Horsea in their cavern under the deep pond, as they faintly heard the commotion that went on above at the surface. They both went to the other cavern, where Leon and Claire were. They both decided to meet them, although they were asleep. Finneon said, "Huh, a Squirtle... that's new."
Horsea said while she poked Leon's shell, "Hello sleepyhead, I see that you're new to the pond."

Claire rolled over and said to Horsea and Finneon, "Well he came here, and he wanted to stay, so I made him a bed in my cavern." She smiled, as she patted Leon on his shell, while he was still asleep.

Last edited: