• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Academy

"...Team...Noble?" Jake raised an eyebrow.

"You mean the guys who've apparently been kidnapping people's pokemon...? They're hanging out around here?"

As he spoke, he glanced away from Jericho and at the gathered crowd.

"That would explain this at least...oh, jeez...glad I learned about it before something happened, then..." he bit his lip as he glanced at his two currently-out-of-their-balls Pokemon, seemingly relieved.

"Ah man, not you too." Jericho groaned. He leaned back in his seat before shaking his head.

"Look, I could understand if we were being warned because of an anonymous tip, or hard evidence. But going off a 'vision a student has does not count for hard evidence in my book." Jericho said. "If we keep acting like Team Noble is hiding around every corner waiting to jump us, we're never gonna get anything done. We don't know for sure anything is even going to happen, and everyone is freaking out!"

Jericho scowled.
"Even the teachers and coaches are on edge, just because one kid said he had a psychic vision. This whole thing is baloney." Jericho said.

"Oh, I thought you meant like...someone actually SAW Team Noble around here." Jake blinked as he looked back at Jericho.

"That slightly eases my nerves...but my parents said to stay safe, just in case...they've heard Noble's been getting bold lately. As far as I know." he shrugged a bit as he shifted.

"Maybe I just worry too much...always have..." he spoke as he looked at the monkey pokemon in his bag, who idly studied Jericho curiously, as the Raboot kept its eyes half lidded as it listened to the humans' conversation.

Jericho glanced back over to Jake. His scowl softened at Jake's very clear apprehension, and his annoyance started to melt away. Jericho sat up slightly, turning to face Jake again.
"... I get it, man. These Team Noble guys, they're nuts. And I don't like them lurking out there more than anyone else. But if we start jumping at shadows 'cause of them, that's like a mental victory for them, right?" Jericho said. He looked over to Jake's Pokemon again. The Raboot, and the strange purple monkey Pokemon. Looking back to Jake, Jericho extended a hand to the other team.
"I'm Jericho. What's your name?" Jericho asked Jake.

"Jake..." he introduced with a nod.

"And oh, don't get it wrong, i'm fine...just that when your parents have the jobs mine do, working for the Wild Area, and you grow up all around pokemon and thinking the worst thing in the world is the thought of them in danger or being hurt or whatever, it...ya know...is a bit of a 'shock' to get used to it. I-f...that makes sense." he cleared his throat as he spoke.

"Rather safe then sorry, too, right...?"

Jericho nodded, although he seemed a little surprised.
"Yeah, yeah, I get it. You're from Galar too? Cool. It seems like a lot of people here are from out of the region, so it's nice to meet someone from around here." Jericho said. "What are the names of your Pokemon? I haven't seen one like that purple one before."

"Yeah, Wedgehurst...bit surprising to see so many people not from around here, not that that's bad, I enjoy seeing all the pokemon..." he chuckled a little.

"And oh, yeah...Raboot is Sonny, my partner...that's Dante. He's called an Aipom, caught him while i was traveling through Johto. They're local there and a few other places, but not in Galar..."

As he introduced the two, Sonny only glanced at Jericho with his species' signature half lidded eyes, as Dante however grinned widely upon being introduced as he swished his hand-like tail from inside the backpack.

Jericho found Dante's grin contagious, and he smiled back at the Aipom.
"Hey hey, he's a cheerful lookin' guy isn't he? An Aipom, huh?" Jericho said. He looked back to Jake. "Hey, I got a Raboot too. Check it out!"
Pulling a Pokeball from the inside of his jacket, in a flash of light Rey appeared. The female Raboot looked around, ready for a fight, but quickly relaxed when she saw that once again, she was not about to battle. She shot Jericho an irritated look, and the trainer simply shrugged in response.

"Relax Rey, I got a long line of people waitin' to battle me anyway. You'll get a chance soon, don't you worry." Jericho said. Rey nodded, and it was finally then that the Raboot noticed Sonny. Rey did a double take, cocking her head and looking to Sonny in confusion. Another Raboot was something new to her.

"That's...one way to describe him, sure, let's say that..." Jake exhaled a little, and chuckled knowingly.

Sonny stared back at the female Raboot in surprise, eyes widening a bit as he did, taken aback, as he silently studied her, and blinked.

Jake's eyes widened as he saw Rey, as he grinned a little in awe and bent down to her level.

"Ooh...! I-I've never seen a female one in person before!" he said with a smile as he studied her, him being bent down allowing Sonny and Dante closer look as well, as Dante tilted his head to the side inquisitively, but giving the female Raboot a wave of his tail regardless.

"Sorry..." Jake then apologized with a small laugh of nervousness, as he looked between Jericho and Rey.

"Pokemon researcher instincts kicking in..." he said as he studied Rey.

"Rey, right...? Nice to meet you." he smiled a little as he gently outstretched his hand to the fire type, to let her get his scent to know he wasn't a threat, and or shake his hand, etc. Whatever she felt comfortable with doing.

Rey eyed Jake and Dante suspiciously, tensing up as Jake leaned closer. For a moment, it looked like she was about to kick Jake in the face. She glanced to Jericho once again, and he gave his Pokemon a reassuring smile.
"Don't worry, they seem pretty chill." Jericho said. After a moment of consideration, the Raboot relaxed. She decided to give Jake a fist bump before jumping onto the seat next to Jericho.

"So, you're looking to become a Pokemon Researcher?" Jericho asked Jake. "How'd you decide that?"

"Like I mentioned...parents work for the Wild Area, so I was bound to from the get-go...I like to believe that, anyway." he chuckled quietly as he stood back up, smiling at Rey as he spoke, seemingly not at all worried about the potential of having been kicked, as Sonny continued to regard the female Raboot with a slight bit of apprehension, but nothing to worry about, as he looked down at her from atop Jake's shoulder.

"That and...to be honest...I prefer Pokemon company over people, as weird as that may sound." Jake explained as he looked back at Jericho.

After a second of hesitation, Sonny carefully hopped down from Jake's shoulder and landed on his feet on the ground, a bit away from Rey, now at her level, his paws in his "pockets" as he looked at the girl fire type rabbit, as Dante watched intently, and slowly but surely grinned like an idiot, as he formed a plan in his head that only he currently knew about.

A whistle blowed through the battle room. "Everyone, stop what you're doing immediately," the teacher said, "There is worry that Team Noble has infiltrated the school." Yusuke quickly glanced at Hanako. He was worried about her yet, for some reason, he hoped she could handle herself. Then he looked back forward. Dean knew what was going on. "Hanako Fujimoto, Jake Fisher and Yusuke, I want you to be especially careful, specifically Hanako," the teacher announced. Yusuke sighed. No-one except Dean knew about his concern for Hanako and everyone knew about Jake's full team of 6 Pokémon. "Everyone else, keep watch," Dean said, "Team Noble could be anywhere, but most of you I'm sure can handle one grunt at the minimum." Yusuke smirked. They should see how much pain Team Noble would be in if they messed with him.

@Draco Nightshade @Pollen-Puff @Captain Cardboard @MarcelGalliard790 @GLITCHSKULL @BlueMew392 @Your-Friday-Filet @Cmeriwether @BloodRedRobot

Jake, upon having heard his name called, blinked and looked up in alarm, eyes widened, as he went a bit rigid, and froze a bit, as he listened.

"..."

He looked down at Sonny and Dante with a worried expression, then bit his lip as he looked around.

"...now i'm wondering if I shouldn't find the nearest PC and send a few of you guys home to mom and dad in Wedgehurst..." he muttered out loud as he glanced down at the six pokeballs attached to his belt, then back at the Aipom in his backpack, and the Raboot on the ground next to him.

"You and Forte especially..." he spoke to the Aipom.

"You two aren't naturally native to Galar, they might be after you the most..."

After arriving at the meeting location, that being the Battle Room, Justin looked around to see the other students were filled with concern and skepticism, and the young photographer was in the same boat, hoping that this may be a false alarm of sort.

Once the teacher began to speak, Justin listened to what he had to say and realized this was no false alarm, at least not entirely. After being advised to be cautious, he wondered if he might be a potential target as well since he had Pokémon not native to Galar. He also thought about what Victoria might do in this situation as a way to help him relax. "Wow. Looks like this is more severe than anticipated," he said.

Hanako's face turned bright red as Dean once again called her out. The girl let out a small whimper, sinking down in her seat and covering her face as many of the students sitting near her looked at her with confusion and concern. This... was probably one of the worse days of her life so far. She had nightmares about situations like these. So many people looking at her! Why hadn't she just kept her head down and not volunteered for battle, maybe none of this would have happened then!

~

Jericho just scowled as once again, specific students were called out by the teachers to be careful. To his surprise, Jake was one of them as well! Seeing some other students start to look towards Jake, Jericho glared at them as well.
"What are you lookin' at, huh? Nothing to see here." Jericho said to the students. Rey echoed her trainer's sentiments, the air seeming to heat up for a moment around the Raboot.

Maribelle bit her lip, tapping her parasol in her hand as she listened to the announcement. Team Noble really was on the move? This was most concerning.
"So it would seem..." Maribelle said. She looked to Justin. "Perhaps it would be a good idea to make the acquaintance of the three the teacher mentioned, so we may become familiar with them and render them assistance in the future should the occasion arise?"

Jake blinked and looked over at Jericho as he spoke, as Sonny and Dante did the same to Rey, and the male Raboot took a step back just in case, but he was clearly not afraid or anything at all, just caught off guard.

When Jericho had finished, Jake smiled a little and looked at him sheepishly.

"Thanks..." he spoke to Jericho with a small chuckle, as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Like I said...kiiinda prefer pokemon over people."

Jericho looked back to Jake, adjusting his sunglasses.
"Yeah, yeah, I get it. People are jerks. I would know, I am one." Jericho said to Jake with a grin. The red haired teen stood up and stretched, his Raboot mimicking him and doing the same.

"If thats all with the announcements, then I'm getting out of here. All this talk of being on guard and on the lookout is makin' me hungry." Jericho said. He looked to Jake. "You know where the food court is?"

"Think its around here somewhere...maybe to the left a bit, I admittedly haven't seen it myself." Jake shrugged a bit as he looked around, before he looked back at Jericho.

"Ill...see you around then?" he smiled a little as he spoke, as he helped Sonny back up onto his shoulder, who adjusted himself as he glanced down at Rey, while Dante idly swished his tail back and forth behind him from inside the backpack.

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Edward was worried when he heard about Team Noble being in the school. But not for him, for Maribelle and Justin. “I feel like it would be safe and logical for us to be in a trio. To cover each other, you know?” Edward commented as he looked to Maribelle and then to Justin.

Drevan looked annoyed. ‘So much for being undercover.’ Drevan thought to himself as he rolled his eyes. Partially dozing off frequently.

Maximilian was looking around at all the other students. ‘It can’t be any of them. It wouldn’t make sense. Why come to the school if your only here to snatch Pokémon.’ Max thought to himself as he looked to the others around him.

As Kaoru finally opened the doors to the entrance of the Pokemon Academy, he was instantly shocked and astonished to see the halls completely empty.

"Huh. I guess this is what I guess for waking up late.." He muttered to himself.

Kaoru reached into his bag to grab a Cherish Ball. He pressed the button, and his partner, a Nidorino named Tyrant has unleashed from his ball, and he growled loudly.

Hey, bud. Do you think you could maybe find the Battle Room for me?

The Poison Pin pokemon turned his head, confused, and just stared at Kaoru, making a face that just said, "How am I supposed to do that?"

Kaoru returned Tyrant, and then said loudly, "Well, guess I'm gonna go on a mini-adventure to try and find this place!"

Jericho scratched his head as he started to walk away.
"You could see me around now, if you want to tag along. Or don't. It's no skin of my Nosepass." Jericho said, sticking his hands in his pockets. His Raboot stuck her paws in her pouch in the same moment. Jericho gestured over his shoulder at Jake.
"Well, whatever ya do, just stay safe 'k? Thanks to Teach, ya might get attention from more than just Team Noble." Jericho said.

Rey looked back to Sonny, sticking out her tongue at the other Raboot as she walked with Jericho. Jericho kicked open the door to the battle room and walked out into the hallway.

Last edited:
Justin looked at Maribelle and Edward after hearing their suggestions and nodded. "Yeah, the safer and secure we can put ourselves and others, the better," he said before instinctively reaching for his Pokéballs to make sure they're there and not taken.

After checking, one of his Pokéballs burst open on its own and out came Totodile. The water-type cried and jumped happily upon being released.

"Huh? Totodile! Why'd you come out like that for?" Justin asked it, and Totodile turned to face him, only to continue its happy dance. The photographer sighed to himself.

"Yeah...might stay in here a few more minutes, just until it dies down a bit...although...might be safer to go in pairs..." Jake thought out loud as he looked around.

After a few seconds of thought, during which Sonny just threw his arms up into the air in a "what did i do" motion, as he looked at Dante, who just shrugged, Jake seemed to decide and started to follow Jericho out of the room and into the hallway, as he smiled slightly as he followed.

Sensing movement, Rey glanced over her shoulder and saw that Jake and his Pokemon were following. She nudged Jericho, who glanced back and grinned. Nice. But another thing caught the red haired teen's eye. A taller student, with dark skin and messy black hair, was approaching him. Not walking by him, but walking directly towards him. Jericho paused, raising an eyebrow as he looked over to Kaoru.
"What are you lookin' at, big man?" Jericho asked Karou. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."
Jericho's Raboot snickered, grinning up at the new teen.

~

Edward, suggesting that the three of them stay together during these dangerous times? Sure, the photographer would be tagging along, but it certainly sounded like a good idea to the girl!
"I think that would be a splended idea- eek!" Maribelle jumped as she was interrupted by an opening of a Pokeball and a Pokemon's cry. But it was just the strange water-type she has seen with Justin before. She frowned, looking over to Justin.
"I say, you should have a better hold on your Pokemon. They could get you into trouble if they just hop out of their Pokeballs like that." Maribelle said to Justin. She looked over to Edward. "Which of those three students should we try to meet first?"

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Edward thought for a second while he looked at the trio. “Well, let’s try and go for Hanako first. That is the first person I know. Then, we can talk to the others.” Edward spoke as he offered a hand to Maribelle. “Come along Justin.” Edward spoke as he also checked his bag to see the pokeballs of with his Pokémon we’re still on him.

Max walked over to Yusuke. “So, this whole situation. Chaotic huh.” Max tried to make small talk with Yusuke to fill the time.

Jericho push some of his hair out of his face and pointed over his shoulder with his thumb to the room he walked out of just a few moments before.
"Well Slim, looks like ya found it. Heck of a time to be late, ya just missed a big announcement. But I'm sure the Teach or the Coach'll be more than happy to fill ya in." Jericho said to Kaoru. The teen then looked back over to Jake. "You know if they have any good food at this place?"

~

Maribelle smiled and took Edward's hand, allowing herself to be guided towards the front of the Battle Room. Yes, she believed this arrangement could be quite fortuitous.

Meanwhile, Hanako was packing up her gear into her backpack. Her mind was racing. Was it really a good idea to be staying here? How long would this risky period last? Letting out a nervous breath, she tried to relax herself. She just had to stay calm. Like a Pokemon Battle. If she just kept her head, she could get through this...

Jake and his pokemon just stayed silent as they listened, and looked between the two trainers as Jake blinked in surprise and shrugged a bit when Jericho looked at him, not sure what to make of this either.

Sonny glanced down at Rey as she vocalized, and tilted his head to the side as he did.

"I swear, my Pokémon are usually well-behaved. But...this one can get a bit too energetic at time," Justin explained after hearing Maribelle's remark. As Edward and Maribelle began to make their way towards the aforementioned Hanako, Justin picked up his Totodile and held him in his arms. "Coming," the photographer said and proceeded to follow them.

Jericho watched as Kaoru walked into the Battle Room.
"Aight, see ya" Jericho said. The guy had almost seemed to deflate, and Jericho felt a small twinge of... shame? Pity? Jericho hesitated a moment before brushing it off. Shoving his hands back in his pockets, Jericho turned and began to walk in the same direction he was going before.

"Hey, so Jay-Man. If I'm gonna be watching your back, you gotta watch mine, okay?" Jericho said to Jake. "Might've already pissed off someone. He's like an dude in his twenties, one that I thought was like staff. Wears a lab coat, has heart problems an' stuff. From outta town. Anyway, he said he'd knock me out if he saw me outside the school. So if ya see anyone like that, just give me the heads up, 'k?"

~

Hanako finished packing up her things, and began walking up the aisle to exit the Battle Room. Walking towards her were a trio of students. One well dressed blond girl, another a boy with blond hair and a beret, and the third a teen with glasses. Hanako didn't pay them much mind...

"Oh, course....with Team Noble possibly running around, I got you covered if you've got me covered." Jake smiled a bit and nodded in response as the two started to walk again.

"I sure wouldn't wanna be responsible for someone losing their pokemon, much less lose my own."

Hanako jumped in place as someone called out to her, and let a sigh of relief when she saw it was just Shiori.
"Y-yeah, probably. I mean, I wasn't gonna go off campus." Hanako said as Shiori caught up to he. "Um... so... are you going to be doing anything now?"

~

The pair reached the dining hall, and Jericho chuckled.
"Thanks, but the guy definitely ain't Team Noble material. Practically gave himself a heart attack, volunteering to do whatever it takes to keep everyone safe." Jericho said. "He's probably the last guy I'd suspect to be hurtin' or stealin' Pokemon. But I feel the same. I'll do my best to keep a lookout."

Jericho looked at the menu, rubbing his chin.
"Hm... Looks like they've got some curry today..." Jericho said.