• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Academy

Jericho chuckled again.
"Maybe, but I doubt it. If it's an act, it's the most convincing one I've ever seen." Jericho said. The teen got in line for the food, leaning against the wall as he waited.
"Now is that a normal thing for you, not talking to people? Or is that something special because of everything?" Jericho asked Jake.

"Oh, that's always how I've kinda been..." he admitted sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head, as he stood in line behind Jericho, as Dante curiously sniffed the air to get the scent of the food.

"Never have been the most talkative...having pokemon has made me somewhat better, but...you know."

As Kaoru walked into the entrance of the Battle Room, he noticed Hanako and Shiori walking out.

"Oh? Is class ending, or something?" Kaoru said.

Jericho nodded. The pair of students made their way through the food line. Jericho just got a sandwich and some curry.
"Yeah, I know." Jericho said. The red haired teen sat down at a table, kicking his feet up on the table as he started to eat his sandwich. Rey sat on another chair and kicked up her feet on the table as well, mimicking her trainer. Jericho reached into his backpack, tossing his Raboot a Grepa Berry. Rey caught it, and began to eat it.

"Say..." Jericho said, pointing at Jack with his half-eaten sandwich. "You said you did a bunch of stuff in the Wild Area, right? Been on many Max Raid Battles?"

~

Another voice spoke up. Hanako looked forward to see another student approaching. He was taller than her, with dark skin and messy black hair. Hanako looked up to the teen, then back in the direction of Dean and Yusuke.
"Um... I'm pretty sure..." Hanako said to Kaoru. She tilted her head. "Were you, um... not here?"

Jake calmly followed Jericho through the line, as he got his own food and sat down across from Jericho and Rey, and looked up as he was asked.

"Oh, no...when I said i did stuff in the Wild Area, I mean like...pokemon conservation, pokemon care...relocation...research...that kinda thing. What I'm attending class here for."

He spoke as Sonny idly hopped onto Jake's knee, sitting, as Dante dug around in his backpack and started to eat a berry of some kind as well.

"Was never huge on battling...I mean, I'll do it if its Team Noble or something. Dante and Sonny are able to hold their own, same with my other four, if they need to, and my Corviknight is my ace..." he motioned to the pokeballs attached to his belt.

Jericho paused, mid-chew, when Jake spoke of his Pokemon.
"A Corviknight?" Jericho asked, swallowing the bite of his sandwich. "Like, as in a Corviknight, Corviknight? The massive bird Pokemon that carries around Flying Taxis? You have one?"

Jericho grinned.
"Dang man, a Corviknight on top of five other Pokemon?! That's crazy!" Jericho said. "For someone who says they don't battle, it sure sounds like you have a strong Pokemon. You're gonna have to show me some time. I mean, I've taken the Flying Taxi before so I've seen one up close, but still. I mean, how much does a Pokemon that big eat?"

~

Hanako shifted uncomfortably.
"Um... I dunno..." Hanako said, glancing away. "I mean, evidently Team Noble's gonna be trying something soon. I'm not sure what I should do..."

"That's the thing...my Corviknight is BIG, but...I think he's actually somewhat small for his species...but I haven't seen enough in person." Jake shrugged.

"And sure, I can show you him sometime." he smiled and nodded.

"And it's complicated...I don't usually actively go out and TRY to catch wild Pokemon, I mostly just...the ones that clearly are curious about me, I usually end up catching. And or the ones that are hurt somehow." he thought out loud.

"Dante I found as a feral Pokemon in Goldenrod City, for example..." he motioned to the Aipom, who now seemed like the complete opposite of a feral Pokemon.

"I don't wanna ever force any of em to battle, either, case they have some form of stress from a previous experience." He added as he started to eat his food.

Jericho thought for a moment.
"Okay then. That's pretty cool." Jericho said. "Which of your Pokemon like to battle? I mean, do you have Pokemon that like to battle?"

~

Hanako nodded.
"You really haven't heard, huh? It's what we just had the assembly about. To put us on alert for anything suspicious..." Hanako said.

Jake paused in thought.

"....hm....Dante probably, Chester, Baltimore..." he said out loud, as he motioned to the poke balls on his belt, tapping them as he spoke.

"Sonny, Forte and Charlie....well....Sonny and Forte WOULD battle, but...Charlie is about fifty fifty." he said awkwardly, before he chuckled slightly, and shifted in his seat.

"But yeah...Dante, Chester and Baltimore would be my first three. If we're talking about the Pokemon I currently have on me, and not back home."

Kaoru gave another confused look. "I missed a whole assembly? Man, I'm probably gonna be in a little bit of trouble..."

"Well, I'll try to be a lot more careful, and you should watch out for yourself,too." He said, looking down at the teen.

Jericho raised an eyebrow as Jake listed off his Pokemon.
"Wow, so the rumor was true. You really do have a lot of Pokemon." Jericho said to Jake. He finished his meal, leaning back and stretching. "I've met Dante. And I'm guessing Chester or Baltimore is your Corvinight. What are your other Pokemon?"

Jericho held up a hand before Jake could respond.
"You know what? Why don't we head out to the yard, and I can show you my guys too?" Jericho asked Jake.

~

Hanako nodded.
"You too." Hanako said to Kaoru.

Jake waited until Jericho had finished, before he shrugged with a nod as he stood up, as he had finished his food while they spoke.

"I didn't think it was such a big deal...having six or more..." he admitted to Jericho as he started to walk out of the cafeteria, and tossed his tray into a recycling bin as he did, and opened the door for him, Jericho, and the pair's Raboots as Dante grinned behind him at Jericho and Rey, apparently excited to see them meet the others, while Sonny seemed a smidge anxious, but otherwise fine.

"Thanks. I'm Kaoru, by the way!" Kaoru said, as he lend his hand to Hanako, subconsciously asking her to become his first friend in the whole school.

~She seems nice. Maybe I could become friends with that red-haired boy with a Raboot from earlier?~ Kaoru chatted to himself in his mind.

Last edited:
Jericho left his plate at the table, shoving his hands in his pockets and walking out of the cafeteria. Rey hopped off her seat, following after her trainer.
"I think it's pretty impressive. It takes a lot of work to take care of six Pokemon. And it sounds like you take care of yours really well." Jericho said.

The group made their way through the hall and out the door to the yard. Jericho stopped underneath a shady tree. Looking around, he grinned.
"Yeah, this is a pretty good spot." Jericho said. The teen tossed up two Pokeballs, and in a burst of light two Pokemon appeared. The first was a Falinks, and the second was a Perrserker. Jericho squatted down as Rey stood next to him, forming a small huddle with his Pokemon.
"Alright, guys. Be good, y'here? Jake and his Pokemon are pretty chill, so no start'n fights, you got it?" Jericho said to his Pokemon. Rey rolled her eyes, while the Perrserker nodded. The head Falinks nodded, before looking back to the remaining in his order with a glare.

Jericho stood up and stretched before looking back to Jake.
"Alright. These here are my 'Mons. Ya already met Rey. Here, ya got Erik." Jericho said, pointing to his Perrserker. The metal cat Pokemon grinned, clinking it's claws together and waving at Jake's Pokemon. But it also seemed to be looking them over and sizing them up.
"And here is Legionidas." Jericho said, pointing down to his Falinks. The Falinks marched up in front of Jake, the leader stopping and seeming to give Jake a tiny salute. "Specifically, ya got Augustus, Crixus, Retarius, Gladius, Ballista, and Joey."

Almost on cue, the final member of the Falinks, Joey, tripped and fell before quickly falling back in. Jericho grinned and leaned against the tree.
"So yeah. My 'Mons." Jericho said.

~

Hanako nodded. She looked at Kaoru, hesitating at first, before taking his hand.
"Hanako." Hanako said, gently shaking Kaoru's hand. "It's good to meet you."

Jake grinned a little as he listened to Jericho speak, as he pulled his Rotom Phone out and aimed it at the two pokemon, one at a time, as Dante and Sonny tilted their heads to the side curiously, and studied the two, the Aipom with his usual grin.

"Perrserker. The Viking Pokemon. After many battles, it evolved dangerous claws that come together to form daggers when extended." the phone read off, before moving towards the other.

"Falinks. The Formation Pokemon. The six of them work together as one Pokemon. Teamwork is also their battle strategy, and they constantly change their formation as they fight."

"I've always wanted to study Falinks up close...the way they're 'connected' together, is incredible...Oh-" Jake said, as he remembered, reaching down to grab the various poke balls around his waist, taking two in each hand.

"Just a warning, some of them can be...just...surprising?" Jake shrugged with a small sigh, before he tossed all four into the air.

In four quick bursts of light, four Pokemon appeared.

A galarian Linoone, a Cramorant, a Chatot, and a Corviknight.

As Jake had mentioned earlier, the Corviknight could be described as small for its species; but was still as tall as a human, give or take.

"Chester, Charlie, Forte, Baltimore." Jake introduced one at a time, motioning to them in the same order (Linoone, Cramorant, Chatot, Corviknight).

Chester, upon having spotted the "strangers", started to "laugh"; cackling a little, as he stood in place, as Charlie squawked and tilted his head to the side, as the Corviknight simply stretched his wings out before he folded them back in, and gave Jericho's group a nod, as Dante hopped down from Jake's backpack and nimbly scampered up Baltimore's back, looking at the others from his new position higher up.

"Aipom!"

Sonny simply just "sighed" as he watched, and stuffed his paws in his pockets as he glanced over at Rey.

"Great to meet you too! I guess I'll see you around campus!" Kaoru said, ecstatically, as he let go of Hanako's hand and walked into the classroom.

Jericho looked over Jake's team, grinning. His grin grew when he saw Chester, crouching to get a closer look.
"Aw, yeah! A Linoone, awesome!" Jericho said. He began to mimic the dark/normal type Pokemon, sticking out his tongue and mirroring its movements. Jericho laughed along with the Linoone, trying to hype up the Pokemon.

In the meantime, Erik sauntered up to the Corviknight. The Purrserker looked up to the Corviknight, seeming almost boastful despite it's small stature compared to the massive bird Pokemon. It clinked its claws together, waving up at the Corviknight and Aipom. Charlie had caught the attention of the Legionidas, and the Falinks wandered up to the Chatot. The group of small Pokemon stared at the parrot Pokemon curiously, sizing up this strange Pokemon they had never seen before.

Rey watched her fellow Pokemon start to interact with Jake's Pokemon, and her trainer starting to do so as well. Grinning, she noticed Sonny's glanced and gave the other Raboot a wink.

~

Hanako watched as Kaoru walked away, giving him a small wave.
"Yeah... See you..." Hanako said.

Jake, who had opened his mouth to reply to Jericho's reaction, just blinked and went quiet as he watched the two.

Chester, who had stopped when Jericho started mimicking him, just stared at the human with his head tilted to the side, before he seemed to smirk ever so slightly and then unceremoniously slooowly dragged his tongue along the human's face, licking him, before he retracted it and scampered away, continuing to laugh hysterically as he did.

"...honestly, you're maybe lucky he didn't bite you. And or take anything off, like a finger or two, I don't think he would, but...never put it past him." Jake exhaled, seemingly relieved he wouldn't have to take someone to the school nurse.

The Corviknight, Baltimore, just rolled his eyes slightly at the Linoone as he darted in between the large bird's feet, around Erik once or twice, before he cackled and darted off to the side, just to watch them all, standing next to Charlie, the Cramorant, who looked at the newcomers sideways as he let out an audible but not too loud squawk, and flapped his wings gently once or twice.

After, Baltimore and Dante looked down at the smaller cat pokemon.

"Corv." Baltimore greeted lowly, as he dipped his head slightly in a nod, as Dante used his tail-arm to wave back with his usual grin, before he carefully slid down Baltimore's back and landed on his feet, and walked around the front of the large bird to look at the Purrserker closer out of curiosity.

Forte, the Chatot, clicked his beak gently as he studied the Falinks, and let out a quick whistle in greeting, as he bobbed his head a bit back and forth and left and right, and looked at each as he did.

Sonny blinked and straightened, eyes widened a bit as he took his paws out of his pockets, as his face darkened red noticeably, as he shifted and took a second, before he seemed to take a breath and slowly started to approach Rey, paws nervously stuffed into his pockets as he did.

Chester, who noticed the exchange, simply "snickered" to himself from afar.

Jericho chuckled, taking off his sunglasses and wiping the Linoone drool off of them before putting them back on.
"Lucky me, then." Jericho said to Jake with a grin. Looking over Jake's Pokemon, Jericho rubbed his chin. "You a bird guy, huh? Very cool."
Jericho sauntered up to Forte, looking down at the Chatot. He crouched to get a closer look.
"I've never seen a guy like this before! This one from Johto too?" Jericho asked Jake.

Erik stood on guard as the Linoone ran around him, but when the Rushing Pokemon darted off the Perrserker turned his attention back to the Corviknight and Aipom. Seeing that the Aipom was now inspecting him more closely, Erik grinned. The Perrserker flexed and unsheathed his claws, trying to show off in front of the Aipom.

Seeing that Sonny was starting to approach, Rey's grin grew. She looked away and pretended not to notice as the other Raboot approched.

"Could say that, I guess...maybe they just gravitate to me." Jake chuckled lightly as he watched.

"And nah...Sinnoh. Chatot, is what they're called. They can speak, its pretty awesome. If you train them to enough, I mean. Been trying to train Forte as much as I can, part of why I brought him here. He's a good study partner, and he gets 'speaking lessons' out of it."

He spoke, as Forte tilted his head to the side as he studied Jericho, and clicked his beak gently.

Dante simply grinned and swished his tail-arm as he looked at the cat pokemon's claws, while Baltimore watched the two from above.

Sonny just swallowed as he stopped near Rey, and shifted as he looked at her.

"...rab."

Hanako thought for a moment.
"I don't know. I was just thinking of maybe exploring the academy, but now I'm not too sure." Hanako said to Shiori. "Maybe I'll go find the library. I also wanted to maybe visit the Wild Area while I was here in Galar. I never got to visit the Safari Zone in Kanto, and I've heard the Wild Area is similar."
@Draco Nightshade

~

Jericho grinned. This guy sure was well traveled.
"A Pokemon that can talk, huh? Wild." Jericho said. He looked back to Jake. "You taught him to say anything?"

Rey turned towards Sonny, feigning surprise before giving the other Raboot a cocky grin. Putting out her foot, she revealed a small rock resting on it. The Raboot began to juggle the rock like a soccer player would a soccer ball, before passing it to Sonny.

"Simple stuff, mostly...at first anyway." Jake nodded.

"Hi, hello, no, etc...its kinda like what I imagine teaching a kid to be like, except...not a kid. Asides from that, he sometimes repeats stuff back to you, or gets snippets out. A few words here and there."

Sonny watched her do so, eyes focused on the rock, which he easily caught with his own foot and started to do the same, concentrating as he did, kicking it up and down like she had.

Hanako quickly nodded at Shiori's offer to accompany her. With someone tough like Shiori with her, Hanako felt a little safer.
"I think that would be nice, yes." Hanako said. The pair began to walk through the school.
"You know, my older brother's name is Shiori." Hanako said.

~

"Neat." Jericho said, glancing to Jake before looking back to the Chatot. "Hey there, little guy. Hello? Hello?"

Rey watched Sonny juggle the rock for a few moments, tracking the rock as it bobbed up and down. Then in a sudden movement, her leg lashed out! The Raboot quickly tried to snatch away the rock with her own foot, continuing to juggle it herself. If she was successful, she would grin and continue juggling the rock before offering for Sonny to try to take the rock back with his foot.

Out of the corner of his eye, Jericho spotted something. Inside the school, there was a hallway that went along the yard Jericho and Jake were relaxing in. And inside that hallway, Jericho could see a familiar sight. An easily recognizable girl with a metal arm and leg, walking alongside the girl that had battled in class earlier that day. Jericho grinned.

"Hey, hey! Robolady!" Jericho called out to Shiori, waving to the girl through the window.
@Draco Nightshade

"Little guy. Hello, hello." Forte spoke back, as he clicked his beak, and adjusted his wings as he looked up at Jericho with a slight squawk.

Sonny watched Rey steal it with what seemed like a small playful eye roll, as he let her keep it for a bit, before he copied her, "stealing" it back, as he started to bounce it himself again, as he shot Rey a hint of a teasing smirk.

Jake, who had bent down to admire the Falinks closer with a smile, blinked and looked over as Jericho called out to somebody, as he stood up, and followed Jericho's gaze.

"You have a brother?" While Shiori was surprised that Hanako had a brother the second half of that piece of information surprised her further as she asked incredulously. "And his name is also Shiori?!"
Shiori was about to press Hanako further when she heard someone calling. "Hey, hey! Robolady!"
Shiori groaned. "Please tell me that isn't who I think it is."

Hanako flinched at the new voice, looking over to see the familiar form of the outspoken red-haired teen. The girl looked up to Shiori, simply nodding. Sticking his hands in his pockets, Jericho sauntered up to the window, walking alongside Shiori and Hanako (albeit, on the other side of the window) as the pair walked down the hall.
"It's after class! Ain't no Teach to say no to our battle, Robolady!" Jericho called through the window. "Or, don't tell me you changed your mind!"

Rey laughed to herself as she juggled the rock, when suddenly it was gone! Sonny had stolen it back. There was a teasing smirk on Sonny's face, and Rey responded in kind. Oh, it was on. Rey took a moment to center herself, recalling the technique she had worked on with Jericho, and relaxed.

Rey used Agility!

With increase speed, Rey darted over and 'stole' the rock back, quickly running around to keep the rock away from Sonny. The Raboot grinned at Sonny, bouncing the rock as she focused on 'keep away'.

Feigning a look of confusion, Jericho knocked on the window.
"Hello? Can you even hear me through this?" Jericho asked, before grinning once again. "I mean, I don't got any WD-40 for you. But if you just wanna forfeit, that's okay with me too. I got a long list of people to battle."
Jericho laughed again.

At the sound of a battle, Jericho's Purrserker and Falinks perked up. Erik abandoned his showing off to the Aipom and Corviknight, running over to Jericho. Legionidas did the same, running away from the Chatot and falling in behind Jericho. The last member of the Falinks tripped on their way, quickly jumping back to it's feet and following after the rest of it's group.
@Draco Nightshade @BloodRedRobot

Sonny watched intently with a hint of a grin, eyes on the rock, before he suddenly used Ember and shot a tiny bit of fire out of his mouth, aimed perfectly at the rock, hitting it right as Rey kicked it up into the air, which sent it off, skidding along the ground a bit, before it stopped.

Sonny then leisurely used Bounce, and jumped into the air over Rey, landing next to the rock, and started to kick it once again, eyes teasinglyl half lidded as he looked at Rey.

Forte squawked in surprise as he watched the Falinks walk away, and hopped a bit.

Jake, also watching the pokemon approach Jericho, chuckled lightly with a smile as he saw the last Falinks fall over and quickly right itself, as Dante nimbly hopped onto Jake's shoulder after he hopped off of Baltimore's neck, and watched the pokemon follow Jericho.

"Like trainer, like pokemon I guess..." Jake spoke with a smile to the Aipom as he watched the group.

Rey was doing her best to keep her distance, focusing on her competition with Sonny to a point where she was blocking out what Jericho was saying. She continued to keep the rock away from Sonny, looking back to the other Raboot with a grin... for a sudden Ember attack to knock the rock away! She tried to get it, but Sonny was quicker. Rey chased after Sonny, trying to get the rock back. After some running, Rey suddenly attempted a soccer-style slide tackle on Sonny, to knock him off his feet and leave the stone open for stealing!

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
While the others did their own thing, Asine ended up getting distracted and decided to spend some time meditating. She ended up teleporting onto the roof of the Academy with help from her Pokemon and set up a small incense setup. After laying down a beautiful sheet full of images of historical events especially tied to the Pokemon spoken of in legends, she lit a few sticks of strong-scented incense and began to meditate, sitting cross-legged on the sheet in order to clear her mind, her eyes closed and a quiet hum coming from her. However, she also kept what she used to communicate active, in case anyone tried to contact her. She was used to meditating on high areas, especially the roofs of tall buildings, but she expected someone to contact her questioning what would have been extremely dangerous for anyone else.

Meanwhile, Lewis once again snapped to reality and 'woke up' from his trance in the battle hall. He looked around to find most people had left. Checking the time, he learned that he had went into a kind of daze for quite a few hours, much longer than any daze he had before. His Pokemon had returned to their balls since and remained on high alert, aside from his Gardevoir who held her trainer for his protection. He gave a loud sigh and stood up, Lady stepping away from him to allow him space. "Hello world, Lewis is back to the world of the living. Is anyone able to educate me on what happened while I was away from this realm? I will admit, I... I've never really had a state like that for so long. Often I slip out of reality for only a few minutes at a time. This development is worrying, however it could be a result of mental fatigue." He spoke, a hint of worry in his voice. While he attempted to hide his worry and fear with the same confidence he often carried, it didn't take a psychic to understand something was bothering him.

Uncomfortable with the situation, Hanako did her best to ignore Jericho and just continued to walk away. Jericho laughed again, wiping away a stray tear as he walked back to Jake. His Purrserker and Falinks looked up to Jericho expectantly, then back to the girls walking away, before following Jericho. Jericho's grin faded slightly when he looked down to his Pokemon.
"Hey, sorry guys. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find a battle soon." Jericho said.

~

Maribelle scanned the battle room, but it appeared the girl they were going to talk to had already left. Most irritating.
"Did you see where the girl the teacher had signaled out had gone?" Maribelle asked Justin.

Jake smiled a little as he watched and listened, and laughed a little.

"Can tell yours love to battle..." he observed out loud, as he watched the Falinks and Purrserker.

"A LOT."

Sonny made a noise of surprise as she tripped him up, and he landed on his rear end with a grunt, and a blink of surprise as he did, before he looked up at her with a slightly annoyed yet clearly playful eye roll, as he let her have the rock they had been "fighting" over.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
As Maribelle showed signs that she was looking for someone, Lewis shook his head and adjusted his eyewear to be more translucent to show his eyes better. He slowly approached her, returning Lady to her ball. "I apologize if I am interrupting anything, however if you are looking for someone, perhaps I could lend my assistance? I may have been here for the past due hours due to what one would refer to as a 'power nap', however I will be happy to assist in any way I can. My colleague and old friend Asine is a psychic, you may have met her. If I am unable to assist, I am certain she would be able to!" He smiled, his air of worry and distress fading as he folded his hands out in front of him in order to give the lady a quick bow. Afterwards, he started idly tapping on his arm-mounted device as he waited for her to reply.

"No clue. I lost track of her," Justin replied to Maribelle while still holding his Totodile in his arms.

The water-type spotted Lewis and cried out a bit while pointing at the psychic boy.

"What is it Totodile?" The photographer asked, looking down at it in his arm, before shifting his attention towards the approaching Lewis.