• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Adventure in Unova!

Hello! I'll be starting up a new RP using my OC.

My OC:

Name: Roy Severias
Hometown: Aspertia City, Unova.
Appearance: He shares a similar appearance to Roy Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist, though he wears dark red. His hat also has the Nimbasa (Kansas) City Royals logo on it.
Personality: Kind, childish, and fairly reckless. He can also be pretty lazy at times. He often gets worked up over baseball, usually becoming depressed when his team loses.
Goal: To defeat the Unova League and take his place as Unova's Champion.
Likes: His Pokemon, food, the Nimbasa (Kansas) City Royals, baseball, Super Mario, video games, and sleeping.
Dislikes: Corsola, being interrupted during his sleep, heights, the Virbank (St. Louis) Cardinals.
Starter Pokemon: Shiny Espurr-Female
Future team: Shiny Meowstic-F, Sylveon, Tentacruel (His strongest), Venomoth, Volcarona, and Mawile.
Bio: Roy Severias is a 16-year old boy born to his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Severias. His parents run a Pokemon Ranch and Adoption service, this is how he met his first Pokemon, Espurr. The two become inseparable quickly. Once he becomes old enough, he plans on taking Espurr on a journey with him. He also has 4 close friends, they also plan to travel with him. His style of clothing is inspired by his favorite anime, Fullmetal Pikachu. Roy often references many different video game franchises when he talks. He wishes to become the strongest Trainer in the Unova region. He carries around a baseball signed by his favorite Royals player, Alex Gordan, as a good-luck charm. After he finishes the Unova League, he plans to head to Kalos to defeat the respective league there.

Here's the overall plot: A young Trainer, Roy, from Aspertia City in the Unova, he and four of his friends leave together in order to pursue separate goals. Along the way, they meet many different kinds of Pokemon and people. Their journey is packed with plenty of thrills. During this time, they come across the dreaded Neo Team Plasma, who unlike the original Team Plasma, plan on taking over Unova and freezing it solid. The story will revolve around the five central characters and their choices.

Feel free to join with your own characters, or as canonical characters.

Name: Lysand Callas
Apearence: Curly black hair that he pulls into a ponytail, grey eyes, grey cargo shorts, blue tanktop, grey hoodie, and white sneakers
Hometown: Dewford Town
Personality: Friendly, considerate, but a bit naive at times. He has a tendency to put trust into people who don't necessarily deserve it and/or have hurt him before. Also is prone to put the needs of others before himself, which can be a bad thing in some situations.
Goal: To befriend a lot of people and travel. Gyms are a bit secondary to him, though if it means he can explore than he will take them on.
Likes: Swimming, sleeping, his family/friends/pokemon, and helping others.
Dislikes: Seeing others in need, the cold, sour food, and heights
Starter: Poocheyna-f
Future Team: Mightyena (his strongest), Scoliopede, Goodra, Ambipom, Gardevoir, and Dewgong

Bio: Lysand lives with his mother, and sick younger sister. His family moved to Unova due to his mother's work, though his father stayed behind in Dewford as his job is a fisherman. The summer before he moved to Unova, he met a poocheyna that was seemingly injured. He decided to rescue it, nursing it back to health and the two have been friends since. He never actually planned to become a pokemon trainer, but after moving his mother urged him to take a risk and do so. He felt bad about leaving his family, but since his sister's health was doing better, he decided to at least try to travel and see the world.

Last edited:
Roy exits his house, on a bright and sunny day. "What a gorgeous day. Wouldn't you agree, Espurr?" He asks his partner Pokemon. Espurr nods in agreement. He goes to Aspertia's Outlook and basks in the beauty. "I wonder if Lysand is awake yet...?" He asks himself. He begins to head towards Lysand's house.

OOC: Can I addition for this adventure?
Name: Orlando Blue
Appearance: Dark blue t-shirt, light blue cargo shorts, short, non-spiky black hair
Hometown: Sandgem Town, Sinnoh
Personality: Very incompassionate, yet strategic. He can be a fine person if someone puts faith in him, but he almost always maintains a very sardonic and unlikable personality in public.
Goal: Defeat the League, and take down that sorry excuse for a champion!
Dislikes: Poor people, weak trainers
Starter: Turtwig-M
Future Team: Torterra-M(Ace),Zebstrika-F,Altaria-F,Throh-M,Ampharos-M,Jellicent-F

Bio: Orlando was born to a wealthy family, which still resides in Sandgem, after learning of the Unova League, and the pathetic champion, Orlando was inspired to challenge the Unova league, and crown it a champion as honorable as the great Cynthia. The professor gave him his trusty turtwig to help him on the quest, and he set off, and currently lives in one of his family's summer homes, specifically the one in Aspertia City.

OOC: Oh, one more thing. In my posts, I'll always include a trainer card to show my character's progress by the end of it.

BIC: Orlando had only recently arrived in Aspertia, but he soon found two people who broke through his tough shell and befriended him. They were going to leave soon on their adventure, only waiting for two more to join them on their quest. Orlando glanced at Twiggy, his turtwig, who had yet to have a good battle in Unova. Orlando swiveled his chair from the computer, where he was typing up the team he wanted. He had already looked up where most of the pokemon on it were found, and none were found very close to aspertia. However, he would need them ASAP, as the second and third gym leaders would put a thorn in his side. He finished up his favorite meat dish, a filet mignon, and headed outside to talk with the other two trainers about who they should bring along on the adventure. Once he got outside, however, he only saw Roy, but that was fine. "I challenge you to a battle, Roy!" Orlando called out, "I haven't had a good fight since I came to unova, only a few against the easy sinnoh trainers!"

Lysand checked, and double checked his bag again. "Potions, money, map..." He said to himself, "It's all here." He looked over to poocheyna, who was sitting on his bed.

"Are you ready to go buddy?" Lysand asked the small pokemon, "Roy should be here any minute now." He headed out of his shared bedroom and into the kitchen where his mom and sister were already eating breakfast. He still couldn't believe it, leaving home for how ever long it took. He had just moved to Unova a few months ago, but things were already changing so fast. It was very different from his home.

"You know mom, I can just stay-" Lysand began to say, before his mother tutted to shush him.

"Lysand, I told you. We'll be fine here. Go out and have fun." His mother hugged him tightly, and his sister came up to join in.

"I'm going to miss you both." He said truthfully. His mother gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"We'll miss you too. Make sure to make enough memories so you can have tons of stories to tell us when you come back." Lysand nodded. He readjusted his bag and went to the front door to wait for Roy to get to his house.

"You're on! This will be our first battle!" He exclaims. Espurr becomes very excited and is prepared for battle. He becomes very excited and ready for battle as well. Sweat drips down from his forehead and he exhales. "I'm ready whenever you are." Said Roy.

"I am going to assume that means I have first move. Well, I think I have enough info on espurr to hold my own in this fight," Orlando said. "Now, Twiggy, use razor leaf on that espurr, but get ready to move!"

"Oh wow! Psychic! I thought she was like most espurr and used confusion. Well, cliche lines aside, let's hide from that with withdraw, Twiggy!" Orlando shouted. The redirected attack did virtually nothing, as its power had weakened from the psychic and turtwig hid in its shell, plus resisted the attack. Orlando made his next move, saying,"okay turtwig, let's launch another razor leaf at this espurr!" He had a plan, and he hoped Roy would not see through it.

"I wasn't expecting Withdraw..." Roy said. Roy places his hands in his pockets. "Espurr, use Signal Beam to break past the Razor Leaf spam!" Roy shouted. Espurr launches a beam of pink light at Turtwig. "What could he be thinking...?" Roy asks himself.

Lysand waited for a moment before hearing a commotion outside of his house and down a bit. Checking out the window, he was able to spot two of his friends, Roy and Orlando, in the midst of a pokemon battle. "Let's go and see if we can join too!" He said to his poochyena, opening the door and going down the way to watch, or possibly join, the battle at hand.

Dammit, he did not follow the plan, whatever, Orlando thought. However, the razor leaf did what it had to. Twiggy had run close up to the enemy espurr, and was poised for a shot. "We won't be hitting razor leaves,even though the espurr is distracted and we are kinda close. However, we can hit this: Leech Seed!" The seeds shot at a fast pace at espurr, leaving very little time for Roy to react.
OOC: Anyway, here is my trainer card so far. Closest sprite to what I described.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Espurr, you alright?" Roy cries. Espurr starts becoming weakened due to the Leech Seed. There's gotta be a way around Leech Seed... There has to be! Espurr continuously becomes weaker. "Espurr, try using Signal Beam again! If we can hit it with a super-effective attack, we might be able to win this battle!" Roy yells.

The battle was well underway, and not seeing a viable time to step in and join, Lysand simply watched. Since he had not been raised around pokemon trainers, he was a step behind the others in knowledge. He hoped that viewing battles (and participating in them) would help him to understand the finer techniques of battle. The two pokemon were locked in a heated battle, moves going left and right.

"Poochyena, try to watch closely," Lysand said, "This could help us in the long run."

Game, set, and match, though Orlando. Orlando also knew his turtwig well, and had a plan for this, "okay, I know you have good defenses, so let's play a war of attrition. However, I'll give you one more chance to take me on Ron, by sending a move to strong to destroy with signal beam and impossible to redirect with psychic attacks, TURTWIG, ENERGY BALL!"

OOC: Yes, I know turtwig can't learn those by level up, but hey, Orlando is rich, and bought some tm's! Besides, espurr can't learn psychich. Oh, and A. Graves, I have an idea: you fight whoever loses this fight, and the winner instructs you when you don't know what to do. I think that Lysand has a disadvantage in battle, right?

"Use Protect!" Roy shouts. A barrier envelops Espurr's body and begins to block the Energy Ball, but its all in vain. The Leech Seed saps more of Espurr's energy and causes the barrier to fade. Energy Ball lands a direct hit. "Please get up, Espurr!" Roy said. Espurr falls to the ground, defeated. Roy sighs and picks her up. "You did your best, Espurr. Thank you." He says apologetically. Espurr smiles at him. "That was a great battle, Orlando." He says as he congratulates the victor. "I suppose I should get her to the Pokemon Center." He says.

"You did great! I think you could make a fine trainer some day! Anyway, I think Lysand should join in on the fun, let's heal our mons and see if we can score him a battle!"

OOC: roughly, what level would our pokemon be? Level 5?

Lysand takes this moment to chip in, "That was amazing, you guys." Poochyena let out a small 'boof' noise. He followed the two to go heal their pokemon, excited for the chance to have a battle.

"Thanks for the opportunity to battle, both Espurr and I learned a lot. But, we still have much more training to do it seems" Roy replies. Roy hugs Espurr. "I wonder what kind of Pokemon I should add to the team...?" He questions.

OOC: Okay, just wanted to make sure

Lysand took Roy's question to mind. What exactly was he looking for in pokemon to add to his team? He was wanting to make friends with a bunch of pokemon, but he understood that there were differences in types and different strategies between them. Though trying to think about them all at that moment made his head hurt.

OOC: That battle was most enjoyable
"Another battle, huh?" Said Roy. Espurr gleams with excitement. "Ha, she's such an enthusiastic little thing." He says as he smiles. "We'd be more than happy to take Lysand on as well." Roy said.

Orlando decided to take this moment to set up the battle, playing referee, "This will be a 1v1, Roy, vs Lysand, let the battle begin!" He knew that Lysand would get the best experience from an actual battle, and from there, both might learn team members for themselves.

"Are you ready, Lysand?" Roy asks his friend. We may have lost the last match, but I'm sure this will turn out differently. His form matches that of his favorite Royals player, Alex Gordan. Espurr mirrors his form and smiles, enthusiastic for battle.

"I take that as a yes. Espurr, use Hidden Power to counter!" Roy yells. Espurr creates small orbs of energy and fires them at Poochyena.

OOC: I just realized that all poochyena knows at level 5 is tackle and howl haha

"Poochyena, try to dodge, and then counter with another tackle!" Poochyena ran to the left , dodging the attack, but tripping over its feet as it ran. Though the two were friends, they didn't seem to be that in sync when it came to battling. That tripping resulted in poochyena missing the tackle.

Poochyena looked a little bit dazed from running into the ground. Lysand called to his pokemon "Are you okay?" Poochyena shook its daze off, and looked back to Lysand.

"If you're sure. Okay, use fire fang on Espurr!"