• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: Lasting Bonds

"Let's see, I think I'm forgetting someone... Oh, Bayo!" Atty whipped her head around, looking for her 6th Pokemon after Cat had mentioned she only introduced 5. "She must've slipped out of my vision, she tends to do that, more than I'd like to admit..." After a moment, she finally spotted the lizard. She had taken one of Atty's towels, sneaking off to do her own thing. The Salazzle was over by some rocks, her and the towel laid across the top surface. Her tail flicked as she baked in the sun, cracking an eye open when Atty called her.

"Oh, there she is! That's Bayonetta, my Salazzle. I'm normally fine with letting her do her own thing, but here's hoping she won't spot any potential bachelors for me," Atty sighed, giving Cat a sheepish grin. "She's a wonderful Pokemon to have, really, but because she's under the care of me, she can't have her own harem. So she tends to take it out on me and try to hook me up with guys I barely know."

Meanwhile, both Flower and Fang had taken to Angiras well. Fang waded in the shallows, sweeping her tail across the water to lightly splash the Tyranitar. Flower, on the other hand, after a bit of playtime, trudged deeper and deeper into the ocean. She dipped underneath the clear, aquamarine water, diving down and exploring the reef below.

Catrina smiled and chuckled as she saw the Salazzle sitting there like she just don't care, and also Atty's little dilemma with her. She had to add something else about her Pokemon's quirk that was kind of funny.

"Well, it's not that bad, I guess. Try not being able to get anyone. Ptero and Angirus can be a little over protective and they keep all kinds of guys away from me, no matter how sweet they are. And Ferra pranks them and scares them so much, they don't want to get anywhere near me or my Pokemon. Plus, Drache, if he perceives a threat, will instantly try to battle them. The problem is... He's quite powerful, and if they aren't ready to fight, they'll immediately lose the fight, even if Drache doesn't follow my orders."

Angirus heard his name being called, but he didn't quite care, as he was busy playing with Fang, causing larger tides of water to splash on the Feraligatr. Ptero heard his name being called, but he loved the fact that he was protecting his trainer from any perceived threat. Drache stayed asleep, but one of his antennae twitched when his senses picked up his name being said.

Last edited:
Crystal took out a long fishing rod from the bag of beach things Litten had fetched her earlier. She looked over to the water filled with other Pokemon, biting her lips that they had scared all the wild Pokémon to go even further out. Luckily, just to the left she saw a quiet spot with a little wooden dock, presumably a boat dock, overhanging the water. “I’m going to go fishing.. for Pokemon.” She told the others. “I’ll be over there! Just ask me if you need anything.”

After she got to the dock, she sat down over the edge with her rod, looking back over at her friends. She looked around for her Pokémon, realising Litten was no longer there. “Litten?!” She called out, desperately searching the beach. “Mrawr..?” He has made a small noise as a black figure appeared out of her bag. “Litten! Get over here!” Crystal shouted to him, after giving a small sigh of relief.

Litten pranced over to her, lying on her small lap. Crystal smiled down to him and he rubbed her arm in response. She finally started fishing, she wasn’t sure what she was going for exactly, but she would try to find something good. “What do you think about about a Magikarp..? We could evolve it into a massive Garados!” She said, spreading one of her arms out to try and represent its size.

Peter was way too focused on playing around with Catrina's Pokemon to notice that Atty had arrived, Crystal had moved, and there were 6 more Pokemon running around the beach. When he noticed Atty had arrived, and had sent out her Pokemon, he waved at her and ran over. He looked at all the Pokemon, and his jaw dropped in awe. "I wish I had a strong Pokemon! I wouldn't give up Rockruff or Dewpider, but a Clefable would be cool! Fairy-Type Pokemon have a move called Moonblast, my Clefable would definitely have that! I don't know, they're just really cute. I wouldn't mind any Pokemon, really. Not even an Ariados." He shivered at the thought of the Bug/Poison-type.

He looked at the beach, to see a lump of sand with a shovel on its head moving away. "Huh? Is that moving sand? Maybe there's a Pokemon I can catch lurking under there?" Peter ran after it, and it started moving too. The mysterious creature didn't seem to be scared. It seemed to be playfully running. Peter ran after it for a while, both of the 2 laughing. Rockruff joined in the chase too, and eventually Peter leapt at the Pokemon. It was now a much larger sand lump, and it had eyes and a big hole, that acted like a mouth. Now, the Pokemon looked mad. It fired a move at Peter, which looked like a Shadow Ball.

Peter rolled out of the way, and Rockruff pounced forth, and used Protect. It would have been a perfect time to throw a Poke-Ball at the creature, but he didn't have any. "Um, does anyone have any Poke-Balls?", he said in a panic.

Crystal looked at the beach after hearing Peter laughing and shouting. She quickly took her rod out of the water and placed it on the dock, moving Litten from her lap. “Sorry, but I think Peter needs something” She kindly said to her now awake Litten.

After running to the beach, Peter asked for a Poke-Ball and Crystal quickly reacted. “Here!” She shouted to him, throwing a Poke-Ball at the same time. “I hope that’s okay, it’s just a normal one since that’s all I have on me right now. I always carry a spare - just in case.” She told him.

Peter grabbed the Poke-Ball and chucked it at the mysterious Pokemon, as fast as he could. Immediately, it went into the Poke-Ball, becoming a mass of light, but after the seal shut on the piece of tech, not even a second later it opened again, split in half and then the sand lump sped off. "Noooooo!" Peter moaned. I thought I was going to catch it! What even WAS that Pokemon? It definitely was one, it went inside." He walked back with Rockruff, disappointed. He laid his head on the sand after arriving to his deck chair. "Wait, why am I moaning at a low chance? I'm so sorry, and sorry for not thanking you Crystal. So, thanks!" He smiled at Crystal. "I might have the money for another Poke-Ball, but it isn't with me now. I can give you the money later."

He changed the topic fast enough for Crystal to hesitate his money, he didn't want to feel guilty. "Anyone hungry? You guys packed food, right? If not, I have some spare food in-case anyone forgot." Peter grabbed out a bottle of Oran-Berry flavoured water, and poured it into a sports bottle. He took a big drink of it, and both bottles in his bag. He then grabbed out some Moo Moo Milk, and poured that into a bowl for Rockruff. Then, kicking his feet up, onto the deckchair, the boy put some sunglasses on and relaxed. The sun shined upon his face, which made him give an even more relaxed smile.

“You’re welcome, shame it got away.. you should always have a Poke-Ball on you, a normal one at least, it’s super helpful!” Crystal replied. “Money will be great if you can, thanks!” She said, patting Rockruff’s head, seeing he looked a little dissapointed just like his trainer.

“Litten! Come here and bring the rod if you can!” She shouted over to the dock, wth the Pokemon still lying there, now sunbathing. Litten ran over with the rod in his small mouth and dropped it in the bag. “Good Pokemon” Crystal said, smiling and stroking its gentle fur.

When Peter asked if anybody would like some Oran-Berry water, Crystal quickly reacted. “Yes, please! I’m famished.” She said, taking some from him. As he took the milk out, Litten and Eevee walked over, pleading for some. “Sorry, their thirsty too.. if you don’t mind giving some extra?” She said, rubbing her head and looking up to the sky whilst giving an awkward smile.
(@GalacticDeg)

Last edited:
Catrina smiled as she heard the boy talk, and rested against the firm and hard shell of her Torterra. Her serene calm moment was interrupted when she had heard the kid go after some kind of sand Pokemon. She watched with intent eyes, making sure the Pokemon didn't hurt Peter at all, as they were known to be quite... Well, a thief of souls and strength of a person. Even though he tried to move on from the subject, Catrina couldn't just let it go without telling the boy what that Pokemon was.

"That was a Sandygast, a Ghost/Ground-Type Pokemon Sand Heap. That gaping hole, which is their mouths, possesses whoever puts their arm through and compels the unlucky soul to give them more sand. They are also super protective of their shovel, so if they lose it, they'll fight or protect their shovels at all cost. It is created after the grudges of the departed, meaning that a Pokemon would have to either die or get eaten by a Sandygast or its evolution, Palossand, on the beach. They do this by entrapping them. I suggest being careful next time. You could've gotten seriously hurt. Luckily, that one wasn't malicious, but their maliciousness gets worse when they evolve."

After she was done, she decided to talk about the food. "I'm not exactly hungry, but thank you for offering. Maybe you can make something for Folipa. She loves just about anything you throw at her."

Last edited:
"No problem!". Peter leaned forwards, started pouring out a cup of the water for Crystal and her Pokemon, and listened to her and Catrina talk. Sandygast, huh? Sound quite scary. Well, maybe that Pokemon will co-", as soon as he started talking, he realised he'd spilt some of the refreshing drink, and then there was a Sandygast, somehow drinking it off the sand? "Aww! Sandygast returned! Maybe it just doesn't like Poke-Balls or something? It seems friendly enough to not want to kill me."

Peter remembered what Crystal said about it wanting sand. "Maybe it doesn't want to make people do what it wants?". He felt bad, and decided to pick up some sand off the beach, and pour it onto Sandygast, patting it into the Pokemon, to make it smooth. Sandygast responded with an ominous, yet kind of cute noise. "It's so cute!". He then remembered about the water, and passed it to Crystal.

Upon looking at Crystal, he realised she looked a bit left out, or that's what he thought at least. Even if she wasn't, he still decided to try and make conversation. "So, Crystal... do you have parents living here? Are you sure you've told them that you're here and stuff?"

Crystal watched Peter kindly pour her Pokemon a refreshing drink. “Thanks for that!” She replied. Litten and Eevee lapped it up quickly and ran off to the water, where Ponyta was still splashing and playing around.

She watched the sandygast come back to him. “Aww, it must like you now.” Crystal giggled. “It’s not so bad, kind of cute.. in its own ways.” She said.

After Peter had asked about her parents, she responded, “Yeah, I do live with them. They’re just out a lot, they love being outside and watching Pokemon. They do know I’m out, I did tell them I’d proabably be out all day before they also left.” Crystal told him. “What about yours?” She asked him, sitting down next to his beach chair that he was slumped down into.

Catrina sighed and watched as the friendly little Sandygast came back. Well, there were a variety of different personalities a Pokemon could have, and this one seemed to be quite friendly. She then decided to apologize for her worry over the boy. "I'm sorry for making it seem like those Pokemon are malicious. Most are, but it seems like this one wants to have a friend. Some Pokemon in their usual intimidating and malicious species tend to be nicer and more docile than what their species' behaviors would dictate. Although, I still express extreme caution about that gaping hole."

She listened as the others talked about their parents. Thinking back, her parents were quite old. Being in their 60s and 70s.... Damn. She chuckled as she thought of their quirks. They really were interesting people.

Last edited:
When Crystal asked about his parents, he bit his lip. Thinking that he should have said something different, Peter took a sigh. "I live alone. I haven't had the best childhood, not to sound super sad or anything, but I can't avoid the truth. I would rather... carry on. Yeah, you might be wondering how can I live alone at my age, but I guess the police made an exception or something. Though, Crystal, I'm glad you're out and your parents know. I'm also glad for you having the courage to talk to me. You, Atty and Catrina are my only friends. I just hope you guys wont' leave.". He looked towards Atty, then at Crystal, then at Catrina.

"Um, sorry about being all over the place today. I keep trying to be hyper rather than sad, and it doesn't really work sometimes, I'll try and keep my mood higher though!". Peter knew he was being emotional, and he couldn't help it, but he didn't want to make people feel bad. As he wasn't too used to people thinking about him purposely, he didn't want to mess it up.

“Oh..” Crystal said, not really knowing what to say. She was never really good at feeling sympathetic towards people and didn’t want to hurt anyone. “Well.. if you’re okay with living like that, I guess it’s not too bad!” She said. “Hey, um, I was thinking we could go down the caves later? I want to look for some Pokemon, it would be fun! I’d bring torches and stuff so it wouldn’t be scary or anything, the scenery could be cool too!” Crystal asked Peter, trying to change the subject a bit.

(@GalacticDeg)

"You want to go to that cave?!" Peter pointed over to an entrance leading inside the tall hill, just under the minimum of being a mountain, where the lighthouse rested on top. "That's REALLY dangerous, and the surrounding rocky area, I don't know whether to call it a hill or a mountain, is just as dangerous. Do you want to be at risk of being splashed in the hot lava of a Numel? Or being bit by a Zubat?". Rockruff and Dewpider both shivered at the thought of the cavern. However, Sandygast looked excited. Peter lifted an eyebrow at the Sandygast. "Wow, brave AND friendly."

"First, how about we go to my house to get some Poke-Balls, then we can figure out what to do. After we've got the balls, we could come back to see if the others would like to come to." Crystal said reassuringly. "I could lend you a powerful Poke-Ball for that sandygast so you would have a bigger chance to catch him too!" She said, trying to convince him.

Ponyta quickly ran over to Crystal after she finished speaking to Peter. "Neighh!" She excitedly made her noises. "Looks like Ponyta wants to do it too!" Crystal told the boy, desperately trying to stop his fears. "I actually really want a Numel, their evolution totally rules, and I would love to find a Mudbray to have a Mudsdale sometime!!" She squealed. Ponyta ran around in circles at the thought of new friends to play with, she jumped on her hind legs, giving a loud "NEIGHHH!" as she did. "Yup. Very excited." Crystal said, looking at Ponyta and patting her head.

With Atty reclining in the beach chair, Sweetie still nestled on her head, Ruby and Dakota next to her, Fang making friend's with Catrina's Tyranitar, Bayonetta still baking in the warm sun, and Flower in the middle of her little exploration, things seemed to all slow down as the Unovan girl and her team enjoyed themselves.

She was about near ready to fall asleep in her hair, her sunglasses and umbrella providing much needed shade, when Atty couldn't help but overhear Peter, specifically the words directed at her about friendship. She took her sunglasses off to get a better look, shades resting in her lap. "Well, I'm only here for about 2 weeks..." It was better to break the news early than later, she supposed. They all had to know at some point. "But Lecol is really nice so far, there's so much I wanna see and do. And I wouldn't mind doing a lot of that stuff with you guys, either." It was bittersweet, but she smiled through the inevitable. "We could always keep in touch even after I leave, right? Who knows, maybe we could all meet up in the future again, maybe all travel out to somewhere _none_ of us have been before... I dunno, I think I'd like that."

Catrina looked sadly toward the kid. The kid really was alone and in desperate need of friendship. She smiled and stretched her arms, finding some kind of solution for the kid.

"Well, I'll be staying here for about a month. I'll be using this little town as a getaway if I get tired of the mainland of Sinnoh. I'm going to go through the gym and contest challenge again. It's been quite awhile. Maybe, if you are up for it, after we explore Lecol, you can come with me and travel around Sinnoh. I've already been through the region 3 times, so it shouldn't be too difficult."

As she said that, she overheard something about a cave. She smiled and waved it off nonchalantly. "Agh, it shouldn't be too bad. It's just a cave with an ecosystem. It can't be that bad. The ones in Hoenn and Unova are way worse. Well, if you get deeper into Chargestone Cave that is. It gets kind of twisty and claustrophobic and the stupid little electrical floating rock puzzles.... Anyway," Catrina took a deep breath and chuckled when she got done talking about her "harrowing" experience at the Unovan caves.

Catrina went on her point again to try and help settle the kid down. "My point is, most Numel don't care if their territory gets invaded. They are literally oblivious. Zubats are a bit of a pain, but they are practically in every cave system throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola, so they aren't that bad. Their ear-piercing Supersonic attack and their constant need to leech people of their blood can get kind of annoying. Swatting them away or using some kind of attack or something like Howl or Supersonic will clear a cloud of Zubats easily. Do you know any other Pokemon that live in this cave system?"

Last edited:
After hearing that two of his friends would be gone before he knew it, Peter's heart sank. Even thought it was going to happen and he knew that, he couldn't help it. However, he managed to keep his tears in. "Aw, it's sad that you guys have to leave soon. I mean, travelling region would be cool. When I was younger, I had been to Alola for a week, and it was really nice from what I recall. Well, it would be now, I was moaning about the intense heat at the time of my 4-year old self. Apart from that, I haven't seen about any other region, so I don't know many Pokemon that aren't on this island. What about you guys, would you like it?" He looked at Rockruff and Dewpider, and they excitedly responded with their names.

Trying not to sigh, he listened to Catrina's facts about the Pokemon in the cavern. "I guess it'll be fine then. I'll tag along in the cave, and I'm sure our Pokemon will be able to help. About other Pokemon living in the cave, there's hundreds, I can't say them all.". The cave that once looked terrifying with its inhabitants now looked friendly. It then came back to him, that he had the chance to explore another region. His face lit up. "So, what region would you guys want to explore?! There's tons! Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and tons more! They're also so quirky and different too. Kalos sounds really nice from what I've heard, but so does Alola. They all do!". Rockruff was getting over-excited from Peter's tone, and was now leaping around the beach.

“Oh, I’m so glad you agree about the cave! It’s going to be so fun!” Crystal told Peter. “I can’t wait to get some Pokemon.. this’ll be amazing!!” She said again.

“About the regions, I’d like to see Alola myself, the Pokemon there are nice, I heard they are the only Pokemon that are able to call ally’s, they must have a strong bond, doesn’t it just sound so cool?” She told her friends. “They even have different Meowths. I’ve also heard some rumours about a Pokachu valley thing?” Crystal went on, trying to contain her excitement about the cave and the travelling.

The 3 of her Pokemon had dashed away while Atty and Catrina were talking, and suddenly heard Crystal talking about travelling and exploring the cave. They quickly ran over, there was an array of Pokemon noises, “Mrawr, Mrawr!!”, “Neigh! Huff!”, “Eee, eee, eevee!”. “Okay, you!” She giggled at her noisy Pokemon.

“Also, it’s a shame you have to go, it will be quiet around here. But yeah, we can still stay in contact, that would be nice too, I guess.” Crystal told Atty and Cat.

“Sooo, anyway! Want to head to the cave now?” She asked her friends, realising Peter’s Pokemon were over-excited now too.

"Can't we enjoy a bit more of beach time?" Peter asked, wanting to put the cave off until later. He did want to go inside, but he was enjoying the sun. "I'm pretty sure it's going to rain later, we should go then. Plus, all the awesome Pokemon come out then, what if we saw a Castform? And yes, more Zubats are active then, but we have Pokemon to beat them off with. Also, Sandygasts become more powerful in rain, I think. They have this ability where Water-Type attacks power them, so maybe rain makes them stronger? I searched info about Sandygast up on my phone. I don't know much else apart from diet and abilities though."

Catrina chuckled and responded with a "I'll give you my number" when she had heard Peter's sorrow for them leaving. She smiled and thought about going into Alola. It was then that she remembered one of her siblings was going there. Maybe he could go in her stead? She decided to talk about it.

"Well, my little brother will be going to Alola shortly. Maybe you can find a friend in him. He's all about Poison- and Bug-Types though, and loves to scare people if they have some phobia of bugs. It's pretty funny. Anyway, I'd like to go with you to Alola, but I had already traveled through there not too long ago. My brother would like to come along with you guys."

Terra jerked her head up about the going to explore a cave and she smiled deeply. So did Ferra, but she was more thinking about naughty ways and pranks on scaring people in the tunnels by... Digging through the ecosystem. It was probably best if Catrina returned her if they were to enter the cave. Hearing Crystal's excitement about Alola, Catrina decided to elaborate a little, since she had just ventured there.

"I would like to have you guys experience it yourselves, but I'd also like to talk about the stuff you just said, Crystal," she giggled before continuing. "They have an Alolan Meowth that is a Dark-Type and evolves through friendship with the trainer instead of training it like Kantonian Meowths. They are also extremely spoiled and will act like a general sass. My poor sister has two and one has evolved. They both give her trouble, but they still do love her very much. They just sometimes like to see her suffer by stealing her things for a bit.

"About the ecosystem in Alola, it is special. If the wild Pokemon feel threatened, they can call for help from a friend. This means that if a Corsola gets into trouble, they'll call for help for other Corsola. However, some Pokemon's calls for help will be answered by their predators, to which these Pokemon will attack the Pokemon you were just attacking. Corsola would get attacked by Mareanie and Carbink by Sableye. Be careful if you want one from over there. Also, the Pikachu Valley is a thing. It is a little resort filled with very friendly Pikachu and the occasional Slowpoke and Mimikyu. Two trial guides are there to protect the enclosure, and all the Pikachus love to play. I haven't been there myself, but my brother has and he loves it. Literally had all the Pikachus crawling on him at one point. Also, I'd like to go to the cave, too, but we practically just sat down. I'd like to soak up some rays before we go," she then turned to Peter to answer some question about Sandygast, since she has had one personally.

"Well, kind of. Its Ability is Water Compaction. If it is hit by a Water-Type move, its physical defense rises sharply because the water aids in dampening the sand and making it tougher, but that doesn't mean it can take a Water-Type attack. One or two hits by a Razor Shell and they are usually down for the count. It doesn't do anything if it is being rained on though. Only if it is directly hit by a Water-Type attack. The rain kind of hardens the sand, but not by much to even raise its physical defenses. Believe me, I've tried."

Now that she was done explaining everything, she sighed contently and stretched her arms out. She grabbed her sketchbook from her bag and began to draw Angirus and Fang playing in the water. It looked like Angirus was trying to initiate some kind of sumo competition where the rules are no attacks, they can't use their tails, pushing them out of some ring that Angirus just made in the water causes a lose for the Pokemon being pushed out, they could use water to blind the other person, and it is all pure strength with some deviousness. Interesting. She chuckled as she watched her Pokemon act mockingly macho, whether to make Fang laugh or to offend him she did not know. It was more likely the former since Angirus himself sounded like he was laughing as evident by the deep rumbling from his chest and the way his hand covered his mouth as he snickered and made these noises.

Last edited:
"Well, since you're staying, I think I'll go do some fishing and things like that. I still need that Magikarp!" Crystal told them, grabbing her fishing rod back out of her bag. "I'll be in the same place, have fun sitting in the sun. Your Pokemon sure are." She giggled.

Crystal ran back to the dock with her fishing rod and sat down. She checked her Pokemon, making sure they were all okay and happy still. They all played in the sun, occasionally jumping into the water. She smiled to herself, if they're happy, she was too. She looked back to her dangling legs, threw her rod back and then forward again with strong arms. It launched quite far out, good enough for a Magikarp. "Time for a Gyarados.. after the evolution anyway.." Crystal mumbled to herself.

After a few minutes of waiting, the line shook and the water splashed vigorously. She started to reel in, harder and harder as she went. She stood up, walking back, preparing to see what she had caught.

"Ponyta!! I could use your help!!" Crystal quickly shouted over at Ponyta, who instantly reacted and dashed to her trainer, holding a Dive Ball in her mouth. She dropped the ball to the floor, getting ready to fight, and stood as if in a battle pose, ready to make a move on the caught Pokemon. The line came in, revealing a golden, shiny.. Magikarp! "Oh. My. God. Did I just catch a SHINY magikarp??" Crystal squealed. It flopped off the fishing hook and Ponyta looked at her, waiting for a command. "Ponyta, use Ember!" She told her. A fireball leaving a hot trail launched out, hitting the Shiny Magikarp with precision, damaging it enough not to kill it, but to catch it. Crystal picked up the Dive Ball, quickly throwing it at the Magikarp that was flopping all over the place on the dock. 1 shake.. 2 shake.. 3 shake.. "Ahh.." Crystal whispered. CLICK. "I DID IT??!!" She shouted, picking up the ball. She stroked her Ponyta, thanking her for helping and gave her a small sugar cube out of her pocket as a treat.

"Wait, I think I heard the click of a Poke-Ball. And an over-excited Crystal." Peter looked over to Crystal, seeing a fishing rod on the floor, a distance away. "HEY CRYSTAL! Did you find anything? You're acting like you have." He then ran over to Crystal, and peered over the Dive-Ball in her hands. "OOOOOH! Lemme see it!". Without hesitation, he poked the button in the center of the Dive-Ball, and a golden Magikarp came out. He then screamed. "A GOLDEN MAGIKARP? HOW DID YOU- HOW- THAT'S SO RARE!" He looked at the Magikarp again, and laughed, looking at the beautiful sight of the powerless, but yet stunning Pokemon. Magikarp looked happy, regardless of the mindless expression it had on it's face at all times.

With Angirus initiating the next few steps and wanting to take their game a little further, Fang tilted her jaw down with a large grin, eyes carefully watching the Tyranitar. Not minding the idea of a little bit of roughhousing, she suddenly charged forward, arms on the other Pokemon. Even with her size and strength, Angirus proved to be more than just all talk, Fang having to firmly plant her feet in the sand underneath so she wouldn't slide.

Atty's brown eyes gazed up to her Pokemon playing in the water, then to Crystal and Peter, listening in on their discussion of exploring a nearby cave system, much to the boy's anxiety with the local wildlife. Cat's explanation seemed to clear up some things however, and the older woman seemed decently knowledgeable when it came to underground and cave ecosystems... How fitting.

Still though, Atty wasn't about to get up and go anywhere just yet, especially with her Pokemon enjoying themselves so much. She flipped her glasses back down, relaxing back in her chair. "Mhm, I didn't plan on going anywhere just yet, sorry. Maybe after this we could all get some lunch and then explore some of the island?" She suggested, listening to the soft crash of the waves on the shore and feeling at ease. "Looking ahead though, I'd love to go back to Alola. I was just there a coupe months ago, but the region is so beautiful, I could definitely go back a second time. I'd show off the Z-Crystals I got while I was there, but I kinda left them up in my room. For what it's worth, though, I nearly completed the Island Challenge. All that I have left if I go back is Poni Island..." She trailed off, her thoughts only coming back on track as Cat mentioned a sibling of hers, prompting Atty's curiosity.

"Poison and Bug, really?" She sat up, looking over toward Catrina. "I'd love to meet this guy then, show him some of my Pokemon and see what he might have. What's he like?" Her interest was now clearly piqued, enjoying the idea of traveling with someone that could stand her bugs, even with the added bonus of enjoying their company. Even though she was into the current topic, the sudden cheering and shouting from Crystal and Peter had suddenly caught her off guard. She had to squint to see, but there was clearly something golden, fishy, and shiny flopping about. Thankfully, she could easily recognize it, being familiar with what a shiny Magikarp would look like. She had heard of too many stories where vendors would attempt to sell golden Magikarp to unsuspecting customers, only to have the paint cleaned right off when the Pokemon actually got back in the water. This one, however, was genuine.

Atty cupped her hands to her mouth, calling over to the two near the dock. "Nice job! Congrats on the shiny!!" At the mention of another discolored Pokemon and with her trainer's shouting, Sweetie slightly stirred in the nest she had created in Atty's hair, but remained situated with her trainer.

"Wait, I overheard something about the Island Trials? You took part in them? Amazing! I wanna know how tough it is! Also, I know the best place for lunch, and it isn't far off. All of th- most of the best places in Lecol are on the beachfront!" Peter pointed over to a modern-looking cafe, on the corner of a street leading into the middle of Lecol Town. It had a massive, glowing sign on top of it saying "Cubway". "It has this really shiny statue of a Cubone, and REALLY REALLY good sandwiches." His mouth watered at the thought, and then he realised that he was about to drool, so he jerked his head forwards, and lost thought of food. Instead, he focused on his Pokemon, along with Sandygast, playing in the sun. Rockruff was on his back, Dewpider was using one of his three legs to rub Rockruff's tummy, and Sandygast was dancing around the two. "Aww, aren't they so cute! I wonder if Sandygast wants to come inside of a cosy Poke-Ball later..."

Catrina watched as Crystal left to go fishing and looked back at Peter, then Atty. She then looked over to see Angirus happily getting into position for their sumo match, and Fang had charged forward. Angirus knew how surprisingly fast these Pokemon were, so he knew what kind of power and speed he was expecting from her. He put his arms on her, right on her shoulders. He kept his tail off of the ground so as to not cheat and dug into the wet sand beneath them to get some footing. All he had to do was shove her to one side. But nooo, that would be cheating. He just tried to dig deep (almost literally) and push on Fang with all of his might, his growling becoming audible from exertion.

Catrina's train of thought from watching the two Pokemon roughhouse was interrupted when Atty questioned Catrina's brother. She looked over and gave a big smile, happy to talk about her family.

"Yes, really. He's very sweet, gentlemanly, and charismatic. He just simply adores Poison- and Bug-Types, and would fall in love with Sweetie over there. And Dakota... And Bayonetta... And Flower. He'll be in Alola for research in chemicals that Pokemon excrete, their symptoms when in the bloodstream, and if vaccines could be made out of them, and to do the Alola Trials. He's a Chemist with a degree in biochemistry. He would get into entomology too, but he has to go through some more schooling, but he's been going through adventures and stuff before he goes through anymore college. His... Choice in attire, though," Catrina couldn't help but giggle to herself about him. "He is absolutely enamored with ninjas and the kimono style of dress wear. When he's just casually walking around and chillin', he wears a male kimono dress, but when he's adventuring, he has a ninja style suit with two slightly dull katanas. His katanas aren't exactly dangerous. They are enough to scrape the bark off of a tree, but nothing else."

Her attention was taken when she looked over to see something yellow flopping on the dock with Peter and Crystal getting super excited over it. She looked closer to see it was a Shiny Magikarp. She just gave a congratulatory smile, too busy relaxing to be too boundless. She then listened as Peter talked about a place to eat lunch. She looked out at sea to see if she could spot Flower, hoping that she was going to come back. She smiled and the thought of sandwiches made her hungry. She looked at the drawing she was making while she was talking and her rough sketch of Angirus and Fang having a sumo fight already looked like it was taking shape. She just had to add details to it now and make the two look like actual Pokemon instead of some kind of vague figure.

Last edited:
“Thank you!” Crystal shouted to Atty, also to Peter. She collected the Pokemon back up into its Poke-Ball and walked back to the others.

She had heard Cat talking about her brothers attire and laughed. “I used to watch this ninja show when I was younger, I got right into ninjas! There was even a samurai girl, who turned into a ninja, the show sort of revolves around this one character though.. I suppose that’s how it got boring.” She told her, helping her to realise her brother isn’t the only one that’s liked ninjas.

After Peter had talked about the sandwiches, Crystal smiled. “That could be nice!” She told him.

"Well, it's about one o'clock now, so we might want to set off to lunch soon. I'm actually going to go back to my house for a few minutes to re-organize, I didn't need this big ring or half of the food in here." Peter started walking off the beach, and called Rockruff and Dewpider. Sandygast also came following behind. After walking up the steps, onto the road, he realised he should have put sandals on, the pavement burning his feet. After running back down to his deck-chair, he put some sandals on, out of his bag, and went back to the road. He waved, and disappeared from sight.

Back home, about 5 minutes later, he put the ring away in a closet, and then rummaged through his bag, sorting it out into 2 piles. Things he needed, and things he didn't. After he'd finished, there was only the Oran-Berry Water in the needed pile. After putting everything away into cupboards and fridges, he headed back out the house, and back onto the beach. "I'm back!"

"Oh! Nice idea, I'll go re-organise too, I need a smaller bag." Crystal said, in reply to Peter running off. She quickly collected her Pokemon into their Poke-Balls to sort them out back home and put them into her bag after also collecting her tack. "Be back soon, Atty and Cat!" She shouted to her friends, before running off back home.

When she got back to her house, she went straight into her room. She put the bag onto her bed and went to get a small, melon-slice shaped bag with a cartoon-comic style. She emptied the bigger bag out, carefully placing the Poke-Balls onto her bed. Crystal put them into the smaller bag, put the bigger one back and ran back off to the beach. She knew she could ride her Ponyta a short distant with just the boots anyway, she had pretty big experience. "Out you come Ponyta, Litten and Eevee! Magikarp can get out at the beach.. it's not like he can flop all the way there anyway." Crystal said, letting her Pokemon back out. After a few minutes of tacking Ponyta up with her saddle and bridle, she went outside and jumped on Ponyta so she wouldn't take forever walking back. Litten and Eevee sat behind her on the saddle.

A few moments later, she had already arrived back at the beach, looking behind her to see Peter walking back too. The teen jumped off of her Pokemon and helped Eevee down from the saddle. Litten gracefully jumped down and walked over to meet the other Pokemon again. He ran to Peter's Rockruff, daring to test its limits. Crystal took Ponyta's saddle off to make her more comfortable, keeping her bridle on as they would leave soon anyway for lunch. She looked over to Peter, who'd now reached the beach, Litten still nuzzling and poking his Rockruff. "Litten, stop annoying poor Rockruff! I know you're curious, but dial down the poking.. you could accidentally claw it and that wouldn't be nice now, would it?" Crystal nervously shouted to him, trying to get him to be careful. Eevee had apparently decided to join in too, running over to the Rockruff and playing around it. Ponyta, however, went to the water to play. She stayed nearer to the shore, making sure to stay out of the play fighting because of the massive waves that would easily knock her over. Seeing she had nobody to play with, she ran around the beach, making noises, seeing if anybody would want to have fun with her and play.

(@vaultie @GalacticDeg @Pretty Pichu)

Last edited:
Atty listened as both Peter and Crystal went from the beach, to their homes, and back to the beach. She sat, wondering just how much energy the kids had. She was lucky that her hotel was a beachfront, the amount of walking and running around would tire the woman out far too much. Her main focus was on Cat, though, as she explained some things about her brother.

"Pfft, as long as he's not running around naked, it'll be fine," She scoffed and grinned, joking. "I've seen a lot of people wearing some pretty crazy things in my time traveling, I don't think a ninja outfit would be that bad." She laughed. "Sounds like we'd get along just fine, though. Maybe I'll switch out some of my team, too, if they don't mind. It's nice having Fang on vacation with me, but having my Scolipede with me makes traveling much easier." She looked out to the ocean, watching Angirus and Fang continue to playfight, as well as noticing the sudden shift in the waves.

Flower finally surfaced, rising up from the ocean and waddling to the shore, her shell dripping wet. She walked past the two Pokemon as they roughhoused, giving them a curious glance and watching as Crystal's Ponyta seemed to join in. She continued her walk up to the shore, hitting the sand and returning to her trainer. She chirped, Atty smiling in response. "You have fun? Find anything good?" The isopod nodded, holding out her mitts to reveal her treasure. She held multiple shells, stones, bits of coral, and even a pearl or two, showing them to her trainer before dumping them into the tote bag.

Atty rose from her seat, taking off her glasses and retrieving Sweetie from the top of her head, setting both of them back down on the beach chair. She turned to Peter, getting his attention quickly. "I'd be up for some sandwiches, definitely! Just lemme cool off really quick, and I'll head back up to my room to get ready." She took Flower's claw in her hand, the two walking back down to the water. She passed Fang, calling over her shoulder as the water rose to her knees. "Don't be too long, Fang! We're getting lunch soon!" The water soon got deep enough that Atty's feet failed to touch the bottom, swimming over to Flower and grabbing on to the back of her shell. The two dived under, back to the reef below, but it definitely wouldn't be as long as the first time.

With the sudden sound of Atty's voice, though, Fang's concentration on Angirus suddenly broke. She felt herself slide further back, only stopping herself once her clawed feet dug back into the sand. She winced, trying to bounce back from her falter, using her arms and leaning forward to push the Tyranitar back. Despite her own size, the force needed to move such a large Pokemon was still taking a decent amount out of the gator.

Catrina chuckled at Crystal's mention of a ninja show. There was an older version of that show that Poito had watched. She then watched as the two left and then returned with stuff more built for adventuring than basking at a beach, with the Ponyta searching for someone to play and the Litten and Eevee playing with the Rockruff.

She looked over to Atty and smirked and giggled when she said something about her brother being nude. "Oh, trust me, he's pulled all the gamut of tricks on us before. I remember he had no towel or clothes for his shower, so he took his shower and ran across the house butt naked. My mom was so pissed, like oh my god... Not to mention scarring poor Lorenza, who was practically the baby of the family mentally. She was so innocent, and then that happened."

She nodded when Atty commented on how well they'd be together, though. That was nice. She smiled and laid back down against Terra. Poito really needed some friends. When she mentioned her Scolipede, she beamed.

"Poito would be head over heals with your Scolipede. It's one of his favorite Pokemon."

She smiled and waved Atty goodbye when she left on her Golisopod. She then took particular interest in the sumo match between Fang and Angirus. Angirus had just got the upper hand until Fang dug deep. Smirking, Angirus crouched and pushed, trying to heft Fang on his shoulders, growling with exertion. Catrina chuckled and finished her drawing of her Pokemon. Smiling at the masterpiece, she put her sketchbook away and focused on the sun beating down on her face.

Last edited:
To everyone's surprise, Rockruff wasn't bothered by the poking and instead, decided to poke both back. It used one paw for poking Litten, and one for poking Eevee. He looked like a maneki-neko, but as a dog. Peter laughed at the sight. Dewpider backed away, to make sure he wasn't going to be poked, as the bubble on his head could easily pop. Sandygast didn't mind, it was just relaxing in the sun.

Peter saw Atty in the water and sighed, as he'd just switched out of his trunks, back at home. "Aw, I thought we weren't bothering to go in the water... thought I would join you if I didn't." Peter felt a bit irritated, with there being nothing to do, he couldn't think anything to say either. He impatiently looked around, trying to look for something to do. Then he thought, what if Sandygast can't walk on pavement or anything other than sand? "Hey! Sandygast! Can I try something?" Peter shouted, due to the distance of him and the Pokemon. It tried to do a nod, but didn't do very well. Peter still got the idea of "yes".

Peter immediately picked the Sandygast up, climbed up the steps, holding the sand in his arms, and then put it down on pavement. Of course, the Sandygast just looked at him in curiosity. "You can go back down if you want, thanks for this though.". Somehow, Sandygast did manage to move on pavement, and it dropped down the steps, and then sped off down the sand. "So it can move off-sand. And it can not leave a trail? How does that work?"

Crystal watched Litten and Eevee playing with Rockruff. As it started poking her Pokemon back, Crystal couldn’t help but giggle at the sight of it. “You rascals..” she mumbled under her voice to the playful Pokemon, smiling.

She went over to Ponyta and pointed to Dewpider. “You could play with him.. but don’t pop him. Just be careful, if you do.” Crystal told her, seeing she was still looking for a playmate. She stopped stroking her to let go run off to Dewpider. Ponyta later down to meet his size and looked at it, waiting to see what it wanted to do. She knew to be careful, as she saw the bubble around its head. Crystal kept an eye on her, so that she was good with it.

When Atty walked back to the hotel, Crystal waved at her as a quick goodbye. Awhile after, she saw Peter taking Sandygast to the pavement. She curiously looked over, watching to see what would happen. “Oh, well that was unexpected.” She said to Peter as it slid back to the beach leaving not even a particle of sand behind it. Litten had seen it quickly sliding too, and sort of jumped at it, not really catching it at all. Giving a quick “Mrawr!” to the Sandygast, he went back to Rockruff to play. It had now stopped being all poking and started heading towards playing.

After a few moments, both Atty and Flower surfaced once more. The brunette walked back over to the shore near her things with Flower in tow, wringing out her slick hair. Ruby, already knowing they would leave soon, rose from her spot on Dakota, hopping down into the sand and stretching out like a cat. Her trainer plucked a towel from her tote bag, drying herself first and then lightly dabbing down her Golisopod. After a moment, she suddenly put her fingers to her lips, letting out a shrill whistle. "Alright team, time to get moving!"

With four members already close by, it was easy to return all of them- Save for Dakota, who rose from her seat and was beginning to help pack the chairs and umbrella up. Bayonetta, still basking on the rocks, lazily rolled over and sighed. Her tail swishing in slight annoyance, she forced herself up, throwing the extra towel she was using over her shoulder and waddling over to her trainer.

Fang, however, was one of the more unfortunate cases. Her eyes widened at Atty's second call, the tension between her and Angirus breaking again. This time, though, she was unable to keep herself up, caving in to the Tyranitar's power. The beast lifted her, Fang unable to make any sort of recovery and ending up outside the ring. Slightly dazed from the sudden force, she shook her head clear, looking over at the other Pokemon. With a playful growl and one more swish of her tail to lightly splash him, she made a comment on how she would want a round two another day. The gator lumbered over to her trainer, giving her a quick nuzzle before being returned with the rest of her team.

With Dakota carrying the chairs, Atty once more got her bag and umbrella, looking over to the others. "I'm gonna head back up and dry off for lunch, alright? Peter knows where my room is, so feel free to come get me whenever we plan on leaving! I'll try not to take too long," She tipped her sunglasses back down, slipping her flip flops on and heading back up to Havens, giving Crystal and the others a wave.

Angirus lifted up Fang successfully and threw her in the deeper part of the water, outside of the circle. Angirus roared triumphantly, but helped Fang up and accepted her rematch challenge. After she and her trainer ran off, he walked back over to Catrina, completely thrilled with the fight. He got on all fours and rolled around in the sand to dry himself off and then got up back up and growled happily at Catrina. Smiling, Catrina stood up and hugged her warm dinosaurian Pokemon, kissing him on the cheek when he bent down to lick her in kind. Giggling, she hugged him before returning him to his Poke Ball. Drache had woken up and all the Pokemon she had with her besides Folipa and Drache wanted to get inside their Poke Balls. After waving Atty goodbye, she returned all of her Pokemon except for Folipa and Drache.

The Flygon stretched and screeched, flapping his mighty wings while Folipa excitedly got on. Catrina just giggled and climbed on top of Drache, while the beast flapped a bit, scattering sand everywhere. She stretched and Drache screeched again, but at a lower volume this time. She called out to Peter and Crystal, who was still in the area.

"I'll meet you guys at the lunch place. I gotta take Drache for a flyby for a second."

With that, Drache flapped his mighty, insectoid wings and lifted himself in the air after a few flaps. With a few more flaps, Drache soared above them, screeching again as the thrill of flying coursed through his veins and sent them skyward. After a few short moments, they were already 20 feet from the ground and soaring higher and higher. They were soon too small from the distance to see.

Last edited:
After Atty had left to dry off with her Pokemon, Crystal turned her eyes to Catrina, who was now returning most of her Pokemon. As she called over, Crystal came closer, watching as Catrina flew away on Drache. She mouthed out a ‘Woah’ as Catrina turned into a tiny blob out of sight. She called all of her Pokemon in, who were quite disappointing that they would have to stop playing. Litten jumped up, ushering to be picked up by his trainer. Eevee also ushered to be picked up, and as Crystal did, the two jumped into her small melon-shaped bag, somehow managing to fit inside, even with the Poke-Balls too. Ponyta walked over, waiting for Crystal to put the saddle back on. "Oh, sorry, I frogot to mention, I took it back to the house, a bridal's all you really need, or you'd just be uncomfortable." She kindly said, hoping Ponyta might understand a bit. Ponyta Swung her head up happily, "Well, I guess you DID understand!" Crystal said.

"I'll meet you at Atty's place, Peter! She said she wanted us to tell her when we're ready, so we'd better get going." She said to Peter as she started to make the quick walk to the hotel. "Come on Ponyta!" Crystal said, leading her by the reigns. She gave a final wave to Peter before getting out of talking distance. Ponyta bounded around excitedly, knowing she would see Atty again. (And getting food.) "Alright, you, we'll be there in a couple of minutes!" Crystal told Ponyta, before letting her go to run ahead.

When she got to the hotel, Ponyta ran up the stairs to Atty's place, she stamped at the door, trying to get Atty's attention. Crystal came running, making sure she wasn't making trouble without her around. She gave her a pat, calming her down, and gave a knock to Atty's door. "Atty? Peter will be here soon, I'm just here to wait." She shouted, trying to get Atty to hear her. Litten gave a sweet "Mrawr!" to get her, Eevee said her name multiple times and Ponyta stamped her hoof one more time onto the floor. "She'll definitely know we're here now.." Crystal mumbled, hoping Atty wouldn't be angry about all the noise her Pokemon were making.

(@GalacticDeg @vaultie)

Thankfully, the noise outside Atty's door was likely needed. She could just make out the stomping and shouting from the other side as she dried her hair, the whirring momentarily stopping as she switched it off to answer the door.

"Hey, come on in! I was just getting ready, no biggie," Her appearence reflected that, the woman now wearing a light sundress with her hair still slightly damp. "Feel free to make yourself at home, watch TV, get a drink, whatever. I'll be done real quick, and hopefully Peter shows up soon." She gave Crystal a warm and welcoming smile, inviting her in before stepping back into the bathroom to finish drying her hair and apply a touch of makeup. None of her Pokemon appeared to be out and about, however. Instead, their balls all rested safely on the clean sheets of her bed, ready to be tucked into her bag as soon as she was ready to go.

After getting down to the beach, Peter had been so lost in thought about how Sandygast managed to walk like that, on non-sand surfaces, that he only just realised that Atty had gone, Catrina was on her Flygon, a distance away now, and Crystal was walking away, after saying to meet at Atty's place. Immediately, he spun around, returned Dewpider and Rockruff, and started running to the hotel. As much as he didn't like returning Rockruff, he wanted to hurry up, to get to Atty's room on time. Sandygast made a high pitched squeal, as he was running, and when Peter turned around, he noticed Sandygast was holding a PokeBall. The same one that Peter had been given by Crystal.

"OH!". Peter covered his mouth, as he was excited, to be actually throwing a Poke-Ball with thought, after 11 years. Dewpider was an accidental capture, as he had grabbed a Poke-Ball nearby, and thrown it on accident, so that didn't count. He picked the Poke-Ball out of Sandygast's tiny dunes he called hands, and threw it. As Sandygast went in, it shook once. Then, a second time, then a third. DING! Sandygast was now resting peacefully inside of the Poke-Ball. Immediately, he leapt into the air, and released Sandygast.

Upon realising he was going to Atty's, before catching Sandygast, he returned the Pokemon, and ran back towards the hotel. Eventually, after the elevator reached the floor of his destination, he went towards the door, and knocked on it loudly. "I'm here!"

“Thanks Atty!” Crystal said, walking inside of the room. “Woah, this is amazing..” She managed to say before Atty went to dry her hair again. She sat on the bed, looking at all the different Poke-Balls that were layed out onto it.

After a short while, another knock came to the door, which Crystal opened for Atty so that she could keep drying. “Hey Peter! Atty’s almost ready, she probably won’t mind if you come in to wait too.” Crystal greeted the other teen. Litten reached out of the bag and licked Peter to say hello, while Eevee still cuddled up inside the bag, sleeping soundly. Ponyta, however, was looking outside of the window at the view, watching a water Pokemon splash around in the water. Crystal walked over to see the Pokemon. It looked like a small wishwashi. “That sure is a great view.” Crystal said, ushering Peter to take a look too.

Peter came in, and took a look around the room, which looked more organised than the first time he'd been here. When Crystal asked him to look outside, he walked out onto the balcony. Looking over, he awed at the view, but then realised that Rockruff was still in his Poke-Ball. And Sangygast. And Dewpider. He released Rockruff, and then looked over to Crystal. "Want to see something really amazing?".

Rockruff was looking out of the view, and realised that Peter had his hand behind his back, where there were 3 Poke-Balls attached onto a belt. He tilted his head in curiosity. The Puppy Pokemon knew there was going to be 2, one for him, and one for Dewpider, but didn't know the 3rd one. Jumping in excitement, he barked constantly. It was loud enough to pass through the walls of the bathroom.