• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Weathered Paths

(WOO MYSTERY DUNGEON! Ahem... if you want to join in on this, then please use the following format)
INSERT INFO HERE:
Name: Curly
Species: Sandshrew (Alolan)
(That's about all you need. This takes place in a large hub of every other Mystery Dungeon game, hence "Weathered Paths". Enjoy!)

Curly slid across the ground of Lively Town, excited with her new position in the Expedition Society
"Yahoo! I'm so happy that I can go expeditions for real now! Before, I just went through dungeons for fun, but now I can help people, and get stronger! I can't wait to start helping people! But... I need to get a expedition team... it's dangerous to go into mystery dungeons on your own..."
She popped back out of her curling stone-shaped form, showing her worn red neckerchief as she looked around the plaza, trying to spot other people to recruit or that need help
"Yeah, once I do that, I'll be free to roam dungeons every day! I need good type coverage though... hmm... I wish Wesley was here... he knew how to take down a Fire type really well... I guess I'll just keep looking around for now..."
She waddled around the plaza, looking for Pokemon to help her or Pokemon the need her help

ADMIN EDIT: Rp posts must be in past tense. Please read our RP forum rules.

Normal Edit: There's now a discussion thread for rules and suggestions, as well as social activity. (Now also used to Ask to Join the roleplay.)
https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-weathered-paths-discussion.20228/

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Name: Drake
Species: Dratini

Drake was slithering around the plaza, trying to find an expedition team. "I can't believe I got kicked out, just because I couldn't beat a Nidorino..." He said as he took another look around the plaza. Giving up, he accidentally tripped over a Sandshrew, that looked... white? "Sorry about that! You are a Sandshrew, right? I've never seen one like this..." Drake said, looking at the Ice/Steel type. Back home, Sandshrew, well, were sandy, with a Ground typing and a yellow body. Drake was very perplexed.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Name: Shade
Species: Shiny Greninja

Shade was wandering around when he saw some smaller Pokémon for now he decided to ignore them and sat leaning against a wall, he planned to go out and explore at some point but was unsure of when. He continued to watch the two Pokémon with interest, he had never seen an alolan Sandshrew.

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Name: lightning
Species: emolga

Lightning just came back from a dungeon to the kecleon shop.
When he walked through the the plaza he noticed a strange Sandshrew.
"I never saw i Sandshrew like that, but it still look familiar" lightning thought to himself as he continued walking to shop, buying some berries and returns to the plaza.
He sat somewhere in the plaza and atart eating one of the berries.
After a few moments after he sat he notice that the Sandshrew still there.
The emolga watched the Sandshrew as he eat the berry, trying to figure out why shes white and not yellow.

Curly was startled by Drake's sudden introduction, and curled back into her curling-stone like form, keeping one eye out
"EEP! S-Sorry... you startled me... I'm a Sandshrew, yes. Papa said that I'm special because of my outer shell... said it makes me tough, as well as unpre- unpredictable. I just got my badge today, so I'm off to find people who need help! Um... do you need help, Mr. Dratini? If so, I, Curly, newfound member of the Expedition Society would be more than happy to help you!"
She popped back up, and then saluted Drake, standing as high as she could on her stubby little legs
"That is, uh, if you really do need help... if not, you'd probably be useful on my expedition team! I'm kind of lacking members..."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Name: Chip
Species: Dedenne

Chip stumbled around the big plaza in a state of confusion. Everything was just so big, and open, and there was a lot of other Pokemon, and it was just confusing. But Chip was here for a reason, and that was to join an exploration team, and to maybe somehow get some berries soon. So, the little mouse rascal, Chip, walked around the plaza trying to find where he signed up for an exploration team. He wasn't looking, and he managed to crash into Curly. He quickly stood up and brushed himself off. "Oh, I'm so sorry... Do you happen to know where the exploration society is, white... creature person?" Chip squeaked.

Curly skidded across the ground due to the sheer impact of the Dedenne, and bounced against several people in the plaza, knocking them over as she shouted directions to Chip with each pass
"KEEP... GOING... TO... THE RIGHT... SECOND PATH... ON THE LEFT!"
Now slowing down, Curly attempted to get up, until she realized she was now on her back like a turtle. She tried to wiggle her way back onto her feet, but it was no use, she was stuck on her back until she was given a proper nudge
"Um... a little help, mister? Can't really shake back up... stubby legs... and tiny arms... and a very big torso... can you please help me please?"
Curly used Baby-Doll Eyes!... not really, but it really did look like it. Why not help this little cinnamon bun?

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Shade noticed that the Sandshrew appeared to be stuck, he strolled over knelt down and flipped the Pokémon over. "You ok there, little guy", the shiny Greninja asked, he looked around to figure out where he was going, "um you wouldn't happen to know of any groups that are thinking of going into the dungeon, would you."

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Chip looked back at Curly, only to realize that she was rolling away! Chip chased after her until she stopped, and then the black frog person flipped Curly over. "I didn't catch a single word of that... Oh, I also was thinking about joining a team too, if you happen to knew that?"

She stood up on her legs, nodding in thanks to the Greninja.
"Like I said, keep going to the right, and then it's the second left path you can take... as for expedition teams, I'm pretty sure there will be someone looking for one there... wait a second, I'M looking for one! Why don't you come with me when I head off to a dungeon later? I'm going to the Sheer Mountain Range for practice later... after I find people who need help first. I may be small, but I'm really strong! I beat a whole bunch of Gabite once! I think it was... five?"
She stood triumphantly, proud of her feats that she may or may not have done alone.

Magic Sparkle

The emolga heard what the Sandshrew said from a little far.
"So that sandshrew is in the expedition society and hes going to sheer mountain ran-" lightning thought to himself until suddenly he stopped.
"Sheer Mountain range?! But this is a very dangerous place, even for adults" light said to himself worried.
"If he will go alone they will be in a danger not metter how much gabite he beaten, i should give him an hand" lightning said to himself, then he started walking toward the sandshrew.
"Hello there" lightning said a little cheerfully "i heard youre going to sheer Mountain range, mind you if i join?" Light said and question.
"Let me introduce myself" lightning added, "my names Lightning, im the leader of my team, team lightsquad" lightning said happily, hopping that the Sandshrew will agree him to join.

She jumped a bit from how suddenly the Emolga came up to her. yet kept her composure due to how much she had been scared already.
"I-I thank you for your offer, but... I'm trying to build up my own expedition team, Team D.D., or Team Diamond Dust. I don't want to pull anyone away from their team, and I think I'll be fine on my own... after all I've been through, I'm sure that the Sheer Mountain Range won't be that hard. Papa said that I'm really strong for my age, and is confident that I can do a lot of difficult tasks all on my own. I just wanted to make sure I had a bit of help since it'll be my first real expedition."
She shook Lightning's hand, and brought her attention back to Drake and Shade.
"So... do you guys want to come with me?"

Bio:
Species: Lucario
Name: Anubis

Anubis entered the lively town to search for a team to explore with. He found a group and decided to ask if he can join. Sadly he was rejected to join. He still continued his search for a team for exploration.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Sure, why not? Not like I have anything better to do," Drake said in reply. "There's quite a bit of Flying and Fighting types there... With an Ice and Electric type, this should be easy! Good thing I have Thunderbolt from that TM..." Drake thought. "When should we head out?" He asked.

She tilted her head, thinking the same thing
"Probably in about... an hour or two? I have to go around asking people if they need help, so we can be efficient about our exploring, not just run through a dungeon just to say we did it. There has to be purpose, right? I'll meet you back here when it's time."
She waddled off once more to find people who needed help

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Fine by me," Drake said before the Sandshrew left. "I'm going to find others if they need help as well, remember to meet up here, okay?" He said to the Emolga before slithering away. "And I forgot to ask her name. Dang it!" Drake said in his head before trying to find people in need.

A shedinja began to slowly approach Anubis as it was whispering incoherent words, then it stopped moving altogether and stared at Anubis, not sure of how to engage in a way that normal pokemon would, they just whispered: "Lucario.." the Shedinja waits in hopes that Anubis the Lucario would respond.

Last edited:
"I'm sorry....I just speak this way, but I want to help you....." replies Shedinja with their Whisper once again.
"Would you...like to join a team?" asks the Shedinja wanting to try and help before going completely silent once again.

Last edited:
"That's great! my name is Remane, hopefully we can work well together..." Whispers Remane happily before giving a quick bob in the air.
"There's someone I want to try and find, can you help? I really think they would help." Asks Remane emotionlessly

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Name: Nia

Species: Venipede

She was quickly looking around, desperate to find it. “Oh come on, I take it off for one second and it disappears,” Nia mumbles to herself. She looked under a bench, then proceeded to look somewhere else. Nia let out a sigh, and stopped looking. “I guess I’ll have to buy a new one.” She walked towards Kecleon’s shop.

"I want to find a certain Sandshrew, but not just any Sandshrew, but a Sandshrew that is not native to this area." Replies Remane hoping that Anubis would know who this is.
After a moment of Remane being silent they turned around and saw the Kecleon shop.

"Maybe we could stop by the Kecleon shop and maybe...." Remane trails off and basically shuts down voice wise.

She ran back to the plaza, looking for Drake once more
"Mr. Dratini, I got a few requests for help out at the Sheer Mountain Range. A lot of missing Pokemon reports, but that shouldn't be too hard to handle, right? I'm sure we can do lots of things together just because of how tough we are. So, are you ready to go yet?"
She stretched as she waited for a response from Drake, ever eager to get started

(OOC: The character below has been transformed already, it will be up to the readers to figure out which Pokémon the character is by using the clues indirectly provided.)

Name:
His name is Daniel.
Species: He is a Ditto, though he cannot transform into evolved and legendary Pokémon due to a genetic disorder he had since birth. (And for other, clear reasons.)

BIC:
Daniel flew past the other Pokémon while keeping a small, green stalk carefully held with his beak. He glanced down at his small, infantile body that resembled that of a duck's upon his landing at a nearby shop. His big eyes blinked for a brief moment, as he took upon the sight of a green Pokémon that gave off the impression of a reptilian creature. The baby duck fluttered up towards the bright green counter, as the Kecleon had a sudden look of perplexity on their face.

"A- are you alright there k- kid? N- need anything h- here?" The Kecleon inquired, as the avian Pokémon fumbled through his small, leafy bag held around his left wing for a brief moment. The young Pokémon gently placed down three golden coins that each had the letter P on the center area. On the right corner of each coin had the modest number of a hundred, as the coins gave off a faint glint towards the Kecleon's wandering eyes.

"Oh, that orb there is three hundred. You should be careful with it kid," The Kecleon firmly stated after noticing the little Pokémon pointing at a small, blue, spherical object that radiated a faint aura of visibility. The baby duck pointed at the coins soon after, as the Kecleon gave a swift nod within a split second. The orb and coins were exchanged as quickly as possible. The little Pokémon placed the orb in his bag, gave a slight wave to the Kecleon and flew down onto the earth.

"Thank you for your business! Please come again soon!" The Kecleon said before stashing their newly obtained coins.

"I think I might have made myself a bit too young there... because I am having a little hard time flying around with this," Daniel thought, as he noticed a small, icy blue Pokémon that towered over his exiguous size. The young duck slowly toddled towards the exotic Sandshrew that recently scurried towards the plaza. The baby Pokémon decided to hold the leek with his right wing once his somewhat shaky grip was adjusted with the thick stalk. A low, hesitant cry came from the duckling in the vague direction of the Sandshrew. The baby Pokémon resisted the urge to put the stalk or his wings in his mouth in front of everyone. He decided to wait with the Sandshrew, while he decided to take a silent, lengthy breath. The leek radiated a faint, whitish light for a split second, as it would be filled with better vigor and strength for the next strike to come; if the attack were to be unleashed soon that was.

Last edited:

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Shade walked up to the Sandshrew, "may I join you?" he asked, he looked at the Sandshrew waiting for a response when he spotted the Far'fetched, he called out "you all right there little fella". He wondered what such a small Pokémon was doing here, in fact he noticed that a lot of the Pokémon were kind of small.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia looked at the Kecleon, “So, how much for a sky blue bandanna?” Kecleon smiles and said, “About one hundred.” Nia pulls out two coins, the coins had the number fifty at the corner of them. Nia hands the coins to Kecleon. “So, what happened to the last bandanna you bought?” Nia let out a sigh, “I lost it, again.” Kecleon nodded, and handed her the bandanna. “Make sure not to lose it this time!” Nia grabbed the bandanna, and walked out of the shop. “Don’t worry, I won’t!” Nia put the bandanna around her neck, and tied it up at the end.

Magic Sparkle

Lightning was a little confused from what the dratini said before.
"What he means by that?" Lightning said, then noticing something from far away.
"Whats that?" Lightning said and wlkwal to the suspicious item.
He looked closely on the item "this is a sky blue bandanna, but why is that item here?" Lightning questioned himself curiously, "maybe someone fainted and lot that item" lightning thought.
"This is look like those that the kecleon brothers sell, i better ask them if they know to who they sell the bandanna" lightning said to him and start walking to the kecleon shop.
"Excuse me?" Lightnong said to the kecleon brothers when he get there, not noticing the scolpede.
"I found a lost bandanna and i just wanted to know if you know to who you sold that specific bandanna" lightning said kindly.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Hmm, ah yes, I do know who that might belong to.” Kecleon smiled, and looked closer to the bandanna. “It looks like the bandanna that a Venipede lost, she always loses her stuff.” Kecleon pointed towards Nia, who was sitting on a bench. Nia sighed, Why does all of my stuff get lost? She hopped off the bench, and walked towards a tree. She sat under it, enjoying the shade.

Magic Sparkle

"thank you, i will go give her that right now" lightning said kindly.
He went to venipede that was sitting under the tree and said "I think its belong to you" and give a little smile, giving the bandanna to the venipede.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Kecleon nodded, “Okay, bye!” Nia stared into the sky, looking at a passing cloud. She jumped back when an Emolga came up to her. Nia looked at the Emolga, and noticed her sky blue bandanna in the Emolga’s hand. “Oh, you found my bandanna!” She jumped with joy, her antennas twitched with happiness.

Daniel gave no regard towards the large, frog-like Pokémon, as the duckling's stubby legs quivered for a brief moment.

"Hey lil' tyke! Gimme that orb right now! That orb was supposed to be mine!" A Fraxure shouted at the little Pokémon, as the Fraxure gave off a harsh, deafening roar! The baby duck covered his head for a brief moment, as he shook his head in response to the Fraxure's strident demand.

"You ain't gonna give it up huh? Well... TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE YA LITTLE BRAT!" The Fraxure vociferated, as it opened its mouth wide and launched a bright, cyan ball of draconic energy at the baby Pokémon!

The duckling took a slight breath, as he held up his leek for a brief moment. The stalk radiated a brilliant, white light, as a cloudy white portal outlined in black appeared in front of the young Pokémon! A few loud grunts came from the little duck, as the powerful energy ball collided with the protective aura of light! A brief shout came from the baby Pokémon, as the orb was swiftly sucked in with the portal! The draconic aura became one with the leek, as the stalk gave off a dazzling, purplish-black light! A series of purple spheres appeared above the duckling, as they all unleashed thick, black beams with purple zigzags at the Fraxure in utmost synchronization!

"W- WAHUGH! AGHHH!" The Fraxure bellowed as the beams exploded upon contact with the Axe Jaw Pokémon! Several loud thuds followed a split second after the thin cloud of smoke came and disappeared seconds later.

"I gotta bounce, everyone's gonna probably know about this. Least I got the timing right now," The baby Pokémon thought, as he concealed his nimble movements with a miniature, harmless gust! There was no sign of the duckling in the main area of the plaza several seconds later. The Fraxure lied near the shop with its eyes swirling about like a bunch of spinning tops on a fine table. The Kecleon stood behind the counter, petrified by the brief, heated scene that unfolded before their very eyes.