• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Sinnoh GTS (RP)

"I admire the guts~" Zeke mused, smiling as instead of going with a Pokemon that had a favorable matchup towards Roark's Geodude Victoria decided to go with a Fire Type of all things. Given Zeke himself had an Electric and Flying Type to work with, he hoped to pick up tips on how to make due with a less than favorable matchup. He presumed Victoria had some strategy with this selection, and seemed eager to see how this played out.

"Oh starting off with a bang!" Zeke called out as the Flame Charge was called, and his Luxio watched with some interest as Victoria attempted to lay the first strike on her foe.

Roark saw the bunny pokemon about to use flame charge, "Use stealth rock!" Roark shouted.

"Geooo!" Geodude yelled before causing tons of rock fragments to scatter across the battlefield that ever so slightly hovered off the ground as hazards to those that come in contact with them.

As the rock fragments lie around, geodude would take damage from the flame charge, but the damage was relatively minimal as geodude had resistance to it.

"Oh no!" Victoria let out as she watched the rock-type set up it's Stealth Rock. This basically put any plan of her switching Pokémon mid-battle off the table. "Tch! I never anticipated his Geodude using Stealth Rock," she said to herself, "This just made things complicated. Looks like I'll have to be more strategic and defeat his Pokémon as quickly as I can before they give me any sorts of trouble."

Deciding now to go for strong hits, the Kalosian trainer swung her arm outwards while calling out, "Raboot, we must end this swiftly! Time for a Double Kick!"

Roark knew geodude wouldn't last much longer after a double kick. He gritted his teeth before thinking about it. As raboot went in to use double kick, he looked at geodude, "Grab it and use self destruct!" Roark called out, telling the geodude to take the rabbit out with it.

"Geooo!" Geodude roared.

As the rabbit went in to kick, geodude would try grab the rabbit and self destruct.

Sonny gave Victoria a quick nod, before he bounced up and down a few quick times to give himself a boost, before he "lunged" into the air above the battlefield, his rabbit foot a major help.

While in the air, he maneuvered himself around so his legs were aimed at Geodude, when he would fall.

Right as his kicks were about to land, Sonny felt himself get suddenly halted, his legs in the rock type's grasp.

Sonny's eyes widened as he was held up in the air by one leg, as he wobbled back and forth a bit in place, and struggled a little.

His large ears caught Roark's command, and he froze a little, as he swallowed, as his face turned to one that could only be described in two words.

"Oh no", right before the explosion hit.

Sonny grunted as the explosion sent him flying backwards, rolling at least four or five times as he did, before he slowly landed to a stop, towards Victoria's end of the field.

His eyes were a slowly spinning pair of swirls, and he "groaned" a little as he twitched slightly here and there, and exhaled a small puff of smoke from his mouth as it hung open.

Victoria's eyes widened in shock after watching Sonny get caught but even more so when she too heard Roark's command. "Raboot get out of there!" She shouted, but it was too late as she watched the rock-type blow up.

She shielded her face with her arms to block the blinding light as well as to avoid dust and debris from hitting her. When everything settled, Victoria lowered her arms, and she looked down to see the fire-type down for the count, letting out a gasp in the process.

"Oh no!" Victoria exclaimed. She slowly crouched down and scooped up the fire-type into her arms before standing back up. "Sonny? Are you alright?" She asked, transitioning to using the fire-type's nickname again, "I'm very sorry, Sonny. That course of action was very careless of me. But you were fantastic! You certainly are a great battler!" Victoria would give Sonny a warm smile.

This first gym battle has unexpectedly started with quite the banger for her.

"...rab..." Sonny coughed a little, and opened his eyes, and looked at her with half lidded eyes.

"...boot..." he cracked a small smile, and nodded slightly, as he motioned what looked like a "no problem" as he did.

Jake bit his lip as he watched, and exhaled a little, a bit disappointed yet understanding as he smiled softly at his pokemon partner.

Geodude laid there quietly.

"Rest up bud. We'll get you to the pokécenter when this is over. Not bad. Had it not been for that explosion then your rabbit pokémon would be ready to go up against my next pokémon. It did well, but now its time for it to rest up as well" Roark said.

He grabbed his second pokéball. This one was a onix. He readied his pokéball, and tossed it. Onix let out a roar as he landed on the battle field.

"Let's give it our best, onix!" Roark called out.

"Woo way to go Victoria!" Zeke called out, as she managed to knock out the Geodude that Roark had and seemed to make the first step towards earning her badge. However, the battle had been far from over as soon the Gym Leader released a massive Onix and the challenge it seemed had only just began.

"Wow!" Zeke called out as he quickly flipped out his Pokedex, having not seen an Onix unlike the wave of Geodude that had been in the cave on the way to here.

"Onix, the Rock Snake Pokemon. It twists and squirms through the ground. The thunderous roar of its tunneling echoes a long way." The Pokedex explained with its programmed info as Zeke scanned the field afterwards.

So, this is a Gym Battle? I can feel the chills just watching, but I can only imagine what you must be feeling Victoria.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist

A TV Jingle rings as the title card for 'Jublife News Broadcast' crawls across the screen. The colorful intro had transitioned to a well dressed man at a table, the backdrop of a cityscape behind him.

"Hello everyone, I am Greyson Orenhow coming to you with breaking news. According to our news analyst on the scene, numerous bikes have been seen being thrown off the side of the Cycle Road south of Eterna City, bikers still well on them while they were being thrown. We scored some interviews with the survivors of such a traumatic incident."

A rather ruffled looking biker with twigs in his hair appeared on the screen, being interviewed with a mic close his mouth. "I tell ya man, gremlins! They threw me into a tree! There were six of 'em man!"

Greyson Orenhow shook his head at the report. "This incident was a wake up call for Eterna Security, who have yet to find the culprit for such a deed. If you have any clues, please contact our news agency with the details. As for the moment, the perpetrators have not been located. There's no telling where they could be next...

"NOM!"

Kura bit into a parked bicycle's tire outside a cycle shop in Eterna City. It appeared after his cyclist massacre he was downright curious how the little things tasted. Conclusion? Rubbery. Very rubbery. Spitting it out, he wiped the saliva off his face, grimacing in the texture. Although Sableye didn't mind, as he was on his third bike tire.

"Kura not think good..." He grumbled to Dolan. "You search-been here before??"

Dolan sat on one of the bikes outside the bike shop looking at his cell phone.

"Huh... Grimlins on the bike road... Kura, have you heard of a gremlin before? Is that a pokémon? I don't recall seeing any when we were there..." Dolan said.

"Here where? We just got here a little while ago" Dolan said referencing to their time in Eterna City.

Dolan watched the odd child spit out rubber from the bike tire he was munching on. Then the sableye on the other hand outright ate three. This kid was basically a pokémon just like the ghost type that followed him. Dolan looked at Gitchy, whom just hopped in his phone. Aloi transformed into a golden sableye and began munching on a tire as well. Though Aloi was doing more chewing than eating. Dolan being a normal human being munched on a rage candy bar. A beloved Candy bar back in Kanto and Johto.

"If you mean how long I've been in Sinnoh, I arrived in Sinnoh from the Jubilife Airport just the other day. How about you? I'm guessing your a native? " Dolan said.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Upon hearing this admission of his noobness from Dolan, Kura couldn't help but to chuckle. So he was right off the bus and had no idea? That would make it all the more interesting for them to both find out about the place. On the question of food, his nose honed in on something...something sweet.

"Kura smell...Kura follow!"

He got on all fours and raced inside a brown building. Inside appeared to be...covered with grass? Women were inside talking in the indoor meadow. What smelled so good in here?? It became obvious when he saw at their little picnic a jar of honey that was cracked open, allowing the aroma to drift to his nostrils.

What followed was what could be described as a a steamroller effect. Kura scrambled forth, lunging at the Honey the girls had out, causing them to shriek and dropped what they had to eat. One sent out a Cherubi to stop him from gorging down on their honey, but it was no match for his stomach as he punted the cherry across the room.

They never stood a chance.

He rolled around on their food while licked up all the honey in the jar, meanwhile they called for help to get rid of him. He had to intentions on leaving.

Victoria looked towards Zeke at the stands, flashing a smile at a him, before turning back towards the gym leader. She watched him send out his Onix and started to get a bit of deja vu as this was reminding her of her battle with Brock in Kanto. But she didn't have much time to dwell on the past, and unlike her battle with Kanto's rock-type Gym Leader, Stealth Rock was an additional factor she had to worry about. 'So Onix is his second Pokémon,' she thought to herself, 'Reminds me of Brock. Except Roark has pinned me into a bit of a corner. He surely must be saving his ace Pokémon as his last, and the only to get to it is by defeating his Onix. And Stealth Rock won't ease things for me to accomplish that. It's still too early for me to send out Piplup. Shinx will have to do. It may be another type disadvantage for me, but I have to preserve as much of Piplup's energy as I can. Should Shinx fall, I hope to wear his Onix as much as I can.'

Victoria looked down at the Raboot she's holding in her arms and smiles at him again. "Thank you, Sonny," she said, "You were a terrific help to me. Now get some well deserved rest." The Kalosian trainer pulled out Sonny's Pokéball, that Jake gave to her before the battle, and returned the very weakened fire-type into it, putting it away shortly after.

She looked forward once again and proceeded to pull out a Luxury Ball. "Now, Shinx, come forth!" She called out and threw the ball.

The Luxury Ball opened and out came Shinx. "Shinx!" The electric-type let out and looked up at its opponent, gulping a bit nervously.

~Dolan Larch...~

"That you do" Dolan said after Kura's smell comment.

"Follow? Where to?" Dolan asked curiously as he followed.

Upon entering the building, Dolan took a picture of Kura devouring honey like an animal pokémon, the picnic ladies before and after freaking out at the sight of the wild child, and also Kura punting the cherubi like a football. A truly brutal act. Dolan wondered if the ladies would come back since they left their stuff.

~Roark...~

Roark looked at the opposing shinx. It was another type advantage in Roark's favor. The stealth rock would not be forgiving to the poor electric pokémon.

Roark then looked back at onix, whom was looking down at the small electric pokémon.

"Onix! Use screech!"

The onix gestured in acknowledgment to Roark's request, "OOONIIIIIIIIIX!!!!!" Onix gave a loud roaring screech.

Shortly after Shinx was sent out, the large stones floating around Victoria's side of the field became visible, causing the electric-type to look at them with a confused look. They glowed and proceeded to launched an attack at Shinx. Shinx let out a yelp upon being hit, and the Stealth Rock disappeared afterwards.

"Shinx! Are you alright!?" Victoria called out to her Pokémon.

Shinx, covered with only a few scuffs, shook itself and looked back at its trainer. "Shinx!" Shinx let out with a nod.

Victoria sighed a bit in relief. Though the Stealth Rock did do damage, it was only minor. Still, it's damage that could very well cost them.

Once Roark made his move, Shinx soon found itself in the middle of Onix's loud and strong Screech. The rock-type's roaring caused strong sound waves that were blowing away parts of the battlefield. Shinx stood its ground the best it could to not be blown away as well.

"Shinx! Try to rush in and climb onto Onix!" Victoria called out, covering her ears as the Screech was beginning to get to her.

Shinx mustered enough strength to roll out Onix's Screech and proceeded to run towards it. The electric-type ran as fast as it could and was soon running up the rock-type's long body.

"Now, use Bite!"

Once it was close enough, Shinx leaped towards Onix's face and did a Bite attack. A white silhouette of a jaw appeared in front of Shinx's face as it performed the move and proceeded to bite down.

The electric cat went to bite the large rock snake, with relative success. Though with Onix's stone size and durability, this did very little to weaken the pokémon.

"Now onix! Use wrap to immobilize the shinx!" Roark said.

"Oniiix!" The large rock snake went to wrap it's long tail around the electric cat, and completely restrain it with its attack. Squeezing and weakening the pokémon if successful.

"Shinx, get away, quick!" Victoria called out almost immediately after hearing Roark.

Shinx tried to dodge but had very little time to do so. By the time it realized what Onix was doing, the electric-type was soon caught in its rocky coils. Shinx struggled as hard as it could to break free but to no avail. "Sh-Shinx!" It let out in despair as it was squeezed.

"Oh no, Shinx!" Victoria quickly tried to think of a way for Shinx to break out of this predicament. Realistically her only option would be to use Bite to try to break free as Shinx's other move would have no affect. "Shinx, try to break free with consecutive Bite attacks!" She called out. Bite may do little damage, but she hoped accumulated damage might prompt Onix to let go.

"Shinx..." Shinx slowly adjusted its head downwards to face Onix's tail and began its attempt to launch a series of Bite attacks.

One bite alone would not stop the large rock snake's onslaught as it tightened it's grip on the catlike pokémon. Though the shinx was quite persistent giving a barrage of bites. No one bite doing truly substancial damage, but the bites began to accumulate in damage. Onix roared as it loosened it's grip on the blue and black cat.

Through gritted teeth Roark watched this unfold, before thinking of a plan, "Onix! Use dig!" The rock snake let out a roark before slamming it's head against the ground, and beginning to tunnel. portions of the ground could be felt moving and shaking. Onix had now fully submerged himself in the earth. THe ground continued to rumble. Soon the shaking stopped. "Oniiix" Onix roared moments before launching out of the ground.

Lightning had been sure to watch this specific fight with interest. As Victoria called out a member of its pre-evolution line, and the Luxio had been curious as to what this one could do, which seemed to be something Zeke picked up on even as he more focused on the pure spectacle of this encounter.

"Huh, seems that Shinx left a slight impression on you." Zeke teased, as Lightning scoffed but he of course had been curious about the fellow electric partner and rooted for it in spite of the type disadvantage.

When rock-type's grip became loose, Shinx seized on its flurry of Bite attacks and used the opportunity to slip out of its grasp, jumping down soon after. The electric-type landed back on the ground and looked back at its opponent, panting heavily.

"Wonderful, Shinx!" Victoria cheered. The celebratory moment was short lived however as she picked up on how worn out Shinx was. 'We may have escaped peril for now, but Shinx has received a lot of damage and feeling very fatigued,' she thought to herself, 'He's nearly depleted of his energy. This is not looking good.'

Her widened as she saw Onix burrow underground and exclaimed, "Shinx, run around the field as quickly as you can so Onix can't detect you!"

"Shinx!" Shinx nodded and began to so. However, the poor electric-type was so worn out that it wasn't running as fast as it could. When the Onix rose to the surface, it did so underneath Shinx. The rock-type's launching to the surface not only struck Shinx but also, sent it flying.

"Shinx!!" Victoria rushed towards where Shinx was presumably going to land outside of the battlefield. She threw herself and caught the electric-type in her arms. After catching it, the Kalosian trainer got up onto her knees and looked at the defeated Pokémon, fainted. It could continue no longer. "Oh, Shinx....."

"Shinx is unable to battle! Onix is the winner!" The referee declared.

The Shinx had given a valiant effort, but alas it was simply too much as in spite of its best efforts the Onix had managed to finally land that decisive blow and sadly a member of its pre-evolution line fainted. Lightning had of course been saddened, but still it had shown a high degree of valor in spite of the type disadvantage and the Luxio was impressed all the same.

Zeke took note of that and thought to himself. He trusted Lightning but the fact remained he walked into a Gym with Ground & Rock Pokemon using an Electric and Flying, so he had his work cut out for him. He needed to find any edge anyway to make up for this uphill slump he'd begin his battle in.

Roark stood there pacing back and fourth. He kept a straight face so not to gloat about beating a shinx.

"Good work Onix, I look forward to seeing your next pokémon" Roark said pointing at Victoria. Roark wasn't sure what pokémon she would use next. Roark looked at onix. He had beaten her shinx, but is was almost a hollow victory since onix wasn't in his best state at the moment. The rock snake appeared to be tired. If onix couldn't take out her third pokémon, then he would have to rely on his ace cranidos.

Victoria smiled at the fainted Shinx in her arms. "You fought valiantly, Shinx. Thank you," she said and pulled out Shinx's Luxury Ball, "Now take a well deserved rest." A red light emitted from the ball, made contact with Shinx, and returned the electric-type back into the ball.

After putting away the Luxury Ball, Victoria stood back up and assumed herself back to her spot on the field. She looked at Onix and then at Roark. 'This battle has taken quite the turn against my favor,' she thought to herself, 'Still, that doesn't make it unwinnable.' She reached for her final Pokémon. "I may be down to my last Pokémon," she began and pulled out Piplup's Poké Ball, "But know I still intend to claim victory! Go, Piplup!!" The Kalosian trainer threw the ball towards the field.

Piplup popped out of its Poké Ball and landed onto the field. "Piplup!" It cried out, ready to battle.

The Stealth Rocks appeared once again, firing its attack at the water-type, before disappearing again.

After being hit by Stealth Rock, Piplup shook itself to brush off the damage, trying not to let it affect it. "Plup!"

"That's right, Piplup! A minor attack like that is not going to stop us!" Victoria called out, encouraging the water-type.

So it seemed Victoria was down to one Pokemon, which at the very least seemed to be one that had a favorable type matchup though as Piplup took the Stealth Rock it showed this was still not a gimmie. However Victoria still seemed to believe and Zeke still wanted to show support as he cheered on the trainer and Water Type.

"You guys got this! Show them what you are made up!" Zeke called out with his usual enthusiasm and while Lighting had remained quiet she still observed curious if Victoria and her Piplup could pull off a victory with their backs to the wall. Though given the look Zeke passed to her the Luxio sighed as she guessed she was "encouraged" to say something.

"Lux..." ("Yeah, go guys...")

~Super slow Roark taking his sweet time...~

Roark gritted his teeth seeing the watery penguin emerge though kept a calm cool expression. He was partially relieved to see his stealth rock still working, if only mildly helpful. Roark was gonna take the first move" Use screech, onix!" Roark called out. His onix bellowed a loud thundering roar, just like last time. Roark wasn't sure how much strength onix had left, but whatever the case, he might as well use that move first.

Victoria watched Roark make the same starting move as he did before, and this time, she quickly acted upon it. "Piplup, dodge it!" She called out and swung her right arm outwards.

"Plup!" Piplup nodded and launched itself to the side just before the Screech could hit it. The water-type then proceeded to jump up, ready to attack.

"Now, use Bubble!" Victoria commanded.

While in the air, Piplup inhaled a bit of air and launched a Bubble attack at the opposing Onix, an attack that'll surely do super-effective damage if it connects.

Jake watched intently, never having really paid much attention to battling and the pokemon league and such before, but admittedly found himself drawn it; possibly because his partner was a part of it, but still.

He tried to think of ways Victoria could win if Onix managed to avoid the attack, on the edge of his seat (somewhat literally), as he watched with a small grin.

~Roark...~

Onix was hit by the attack, and fainted. The towering snake slumped over before being sent back to it's pokéball.

"Rest up, onix. Come on out craniados! Nice job getting this far, trainer. I'm down to my last partner. Let's give it our all craniados!" Roark said.

The hard-headed pokémon eyed the water type.

"Use leer then headbutt!" Roark called out.

The fossil-mon gave the penguin a sharp glare before charging in either its stone hard head.

Jake saw the fossil pokemon pop out of its pokeball and perked up curiously.

"That one looks cool..." he said to himself out loud as he pulled out his Rotom Phone and let it scan the Cranidos, its data going into the appropriate Pokedex entry.

"It lived in jungles around 100 million years ago. Its skull is as hard as iron."

He smiled a little as it read off the brief description, scrolling down a little to look at the rest.

"If we go to the Mine after this, i wouldn't mind finding one of those pokemon's fossils..." he said out loud as he looked to the spot on the stand seats to his immediate right and blinked, before he did the same to his left, and saw no one was there for a change.

"...oh, right..." he said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head as he blushed a little in embarrassment, and looked back at the battle.

"Wonderful, Piplup!" Victoria congratulated and received a chiro back from the water-type. It was short-lived, however as Roark sent out his final Pokémon, and it took Victoria a bit by surprise. "A Cranidos!" She said, "First I've come across one before."

Piplup looked up at its new adversary. While it is not as big as Onix, it was still intimidating nonetheless. So much so that it gave Piplup the spooks when it used it's Leer.

"Don't let it frighten you, Piplup! Stand firm!" Victoria advised, trying to keep the water-type calm.

Unfortunately, by the time Piplup snapped out of it, Cranidos was able to slam it with its Headbutt attack. Piplup was knocked back, along with some wind, and fell to the ground.

"Piplup!" Victoria shouted, "Are you okay!?"

Soon, Piplup slowly got up, regained some of its wind, and nodded back at Victoria. "Pi Piplup!"

"Great! Then use Bubble!"

Piplup breathed in some more air and launched a Bubble attack like it did with Onix.

~Roark...?~

The bubble was pretty effective against the fossil pokémon. Craniados recoiled briefly.

Roark looked at craniados, "quickly! Headbutt it again!" Roark called out in a last ditch attempt to keep the battle going.

Mustering his remaining strength, the craniados charged in for one more hit.

"Crani!" The craniados roared as it charged.

"Oh wow!" Zeke called out as he had never seen a fossil Pokemon before and when Craniados had appeared he quickly pulled out his Pokedex eager to take a scan of it.

"Cranidos, the Head Butt Pokémon. A lifelong jungle dweller from 100 million years ago, it would snap obstructing trees with headbutts."

Zeke processed the information as indeed Roark's ace seemed to live up to its reputation, as it aimed to strike with a powerful headbutt after it had taken on Piplup's bubble. Lightning looked on as this was the Pokemon either she or Maverick would have to combat if they desired a Gym Badge, and it seemed like it was no easy task if what she had seen was any indication.