• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Sinnoh GTS (RP)

"Yeah, let's go." Tony said as he immediately began to walk on through the cave, his hands remained in his pockets while he returned Zorua to her Poke ball to let her rest after some successful battles. While he walked through the cave, he was often 'jumped' by a few Zubats and a Geodude duo, although Tony didn't seem to even flinch and pressed on, one of the Geodudes watched as Tony walked off as if it saw something strange about him, before it could curiously follow him, the Geodude's friend called it over to go somewhere else.

Tony looked up and around as he walked, almost as if he was familiar with the area he walked through, he then looked back to make sure that Zeke followed him, while he himself liked to move at a relaxed pace, he knew that often rushing lead to anyone with him to fall behind, so he wanted to make sure Zeke didn't do so. "We should be at Oreburgh soon."

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Sableye, after clawing his foe, was followed with smug superiority...which lasted a total of five seconds before it was outflanked by the alarming speed of Crandios. He was bashed up into the air, alongside four large stones from rock tomb. Kura grit his teeth before exclaiming to his little imp.

"Hold-tank-hold!"

Sableye seemed to know why he meant, holding his claws over his eyes as he fell back to earth, the mounds of rock falling atop him. As it crashed down, Sableye was buried by the stones. This match was over.

...So it seemed.

There was a glowing silver light emitting from the rubble. Kura stopped his foot and curled his fingers.

"Held-tanked-Held!"

The Sableye emerged from the rocks, shining silver lights shining from his eyes, which his claws now dropped from covering. Offering a bruised yet wide grin, an energy began to emit from him.

"Shiny steel attack-attack!"

The Sableye then released a powerful energy burst, shooting out from his eyes. Glimmering particles and shimmers glittered across the zone, the wake coming to Cranidos! On closer inspection...the wakes consisted of thousands of tiny glittering gemstones that had emerged. This was...Metal Burst!

Zeke and Lightning had kept close pace with Tony, while he allowed Maverick to get his rest his Luxio partner had shown she'd preferred to be outside her ball and Zeke respected the wishes of his companion. As they walked various Zubat and Geodude seemed to pass by, and as Zeke prepared for a fight it seemed Tony had adopted a more subdued stance. Don't bother them, they don't bother you and it seemed to work as he walked on by which Zeke and Lightning soon adopted.

"That's good, I've only ever heard of Gym Battles so I am quite excited." Zeke confessed, but as they approached the end of the tunnel he decided he had to feed his curiosity. "So uh, Tony, is this your first adventure? Or have you been on the road before as it were?" Zeke asked, as he figured knowing a little more about the guy he traveled with currently could only help the two bond if only a little.

@Red Gallade

After hitting sableye with his final attack, Roark looked at the rock covered goblin, "Looks like you need to train more if you wanna beat m-" Roark was interrupted as the sableye got up and finished the craniados off. Roark stood there speechless, unable to finish his sentence, stood there mouth gaping open in surprise.

"Close your mouth, bro! You'll catch cutiflies with that thing!" Dolan said chuckling.

Aloi was fast asleep, atop Dolan's head.

"Ugh- Ugh Ugh Oh! Right! Of course" Roark said regaining his composure. He adjusted his helmet. A glimpse of light shined off his helmet at Kura as Roark adjusted his helmet. Roark looked down and reached for his pocket to grab a gym badge. Roark went to hand Kura the gym badge.

"Congratulations! You did well! You beat me quite nicely, but I fear your gonna have to do some training if you wish to beat your next gym leader" Roark said.

The damaged Sableye flew his hands into the air victoriously, looking back to his partner Kura for approval. He joined in, throwing his hands up as well. They won! They then began to dance about like a pair of gremlins, that is, until they were given a badge.

"...?"

They just blinked at the badge, not knowing exactly what Roark was offering them. Without a second thought, Kura gestured told Sableye, insisting something. Sableye nodded in glee.

*Nom*

Sableye bit down on the badge in Roark's hand, trying to see if it had any flavor...which it did not. It spat it back out into Roark's hand, Kura then growled up at him.

"What your deal?!" Kura barked.

Roark returned his craniados to its pokéball, "Good work buddy.

As the sableye went for the badge, "Guuugghhhh!! Roark muttered to himself. The sableye left a few teeth marks on the badge. As well as some spit on Roark's hand after sableye spit the badge back where he found it. Roark shook his hand as he felt the bite even through his glove. Wiping the badge off on his vest.

"Oh dear... You okay!" Dolan asked.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine" Roark said firmly.

"Here's your badge, for winning of course" Roark said making sure to approach Kura.

"I wanna visit the museum! Though your probably gonna wanna take your sableye to the pokécenter first, where is it?" Dolan asked.

"The pokécenter is just down the road to your left. Bright red roof with the glass sliding door. Can't miss it!" Roark said.

Nurse Joy picked up the tray with Victoria's Pokéballs and left to tend to them.

Victoria looked back at Jake, heard what he had said, and walked over to him. "Great! Then, I hope you don't mind if we head towards the gym first before proceeding to the mines?" She asked, "I do apologize if I'm being selfish. I'm just yearning for my first badge!"

After some waiting, Nurse Joy came back to the front desk, with the tray, and sets it down. "Thank you for waiting, miss...?"

"Victoria!" The Kalosian trainer said as she approached the desk to collect her Pokémon.

"Victoria. I'm happy to say that your Pokémon are now in perfect health," Nurse Joy finished.

"Thank you very much, Nurse Joy!" Victoria picked up the Pokéballs from the tray, put them away, and turned back to Jake. "Now then. Shall we get going?" She asked with a smile.

A badge...for winning? What was a badge? It wasn't tasty that's for sure. It was a bit shiny though...but not what he came for. Kura scowled up at Roark and gave a snarl. Then he lunged up and snagged Roark's helmet off of his head, placing it lopsided on his. With this, he snatched the badge and ran the opposite way on all fours. Of course people told him to go to the Pokémon center...but those were just suggestions. When had he ever needed human care? Besides, who knows what was IN that place...it smelled weird.

Instead, he ran north. Sableye resting on his back with it's arms draped over Kura's shoulders. They passed a savannah-esque field of grass, but they didn't smell like what he was looking for, so he continued.

There was a steep ledge above, but at the top? Fresh berries. Sitrus berries to be exact. Their favorite! Kura grinned in determination as he gave a running start to the ledge, leaping up to the rocky wall. His finger dug into the stone hard enough for any onlookers to wince. Yet Kura held strong, managing to scale to the top through determination and willpower.

And alas they had their reward. Plucking the Sitrus berries and plopping them into Roark's bag to use as a bowl, they began to feast. Sableye was most thankful for the food, making this whole scuffle feel worth it.

"This good, did well-well!" Kura gleamed. "Can you think-imagine? Give tiny brown shiny for whole fight? HA! Crazy red man!"

Tony looked back when Zeke asked his question. "I... might've gone on another journey like this in the past. Not really something I;d like to talk about though." He said like it was a subject he didn't want to bring up. As Tony pressed on, he saw a light at the end of the cave and walked even faster. "Exit's up ahead and with that, Oreburgh." He said as he looked back at Zeke. Once they made it out of the cave Tony could see Oreburgh City and looked around to see what he saw as a familiar area. "I know where the Gym is if you feel like getting your Gym Battle with Roark outta the way."

"After you." Jake nodded and smiled, as he adjusted his backpack strap and started to walk out of the pokemon center after her.

"Where you wanna go to first?" He asked as they did, Sonny still sat on his shoulders calmly, as he kicked his feet a little to wake them up from having fell asleep temporarily.

"I don't really have a preference, so whichever you wanna get to first is cool with me."

"Uuuggh... I'll see you at the museum! Or wherever..." Dolan said as Kura left to go do his own little thing.

Roark yelled as the boy stole his helmet, but sighed and went back and grabbed a spare helmet. He let out an audible sigh then a chuckle before heading to the pokécenter. Afterwards he would head to his gym.

Dolan would take a few more pictures while he was still in the Oreburgh City Mine. He would then head to the museum where he'd take photos of fossils, minerals, rocks, and all sorts of tools and items on display. Dolan wondered how Kura was doing but he wanted to finish taking photos first.

*munch crunch munch*

Kura and Sableye were enjoying their feast, getting off their feet and relaxing. The human world was weird. Fighting in exchange for Shinies? Everyone gathering around food to look at it and not eat? What a bizarre place. Times like these it was good to get away from those that didn't make any sense.

Oreburgh below was a good example of humans being weird. Digging rocks from ground to keep rock? Then putting rocks on display? How odd! The quirky nature of this world was very interesting, albeit draining at times.

He looked over, smirking at Sableye, who seemed to have aptly rested from their fight, now lazing about. What could be better than this?

*Pow!*

The sound punching connecting with something rustled the trees behind them, starlys flying away into response. Looking in that direction, his curiosity was peaked. Looking over at Sableye, they both nodded in agreement. They crawled over the the ridge, poking their heads out to see just what was going on over there.

*POW!*

A Machoke punched a cherubi into a tree, berry juice flowing out of it as it was defeated. From the looks of it...many others suffered that fate. Wurmple, Bidoofs, Metapods, amongst dozens of other insects and normal types. This was a battleground- no. This was a beat down. Machoke was used at the hands of a rather confident looking trainer. He was fatter, with big glasses and a white button up shirt.

"Hawhawhaw! Yussss!" They boisterously proclaimed. "Those perfect IVs are showing perfectly! Those little worms are easy prey! Now I can stomp all the N00bs back home!"

The Machoke eyed a Ledyba that stood it's ground, sweating atop a mound of other defeated insect types. It shakily held it's hands up, as if to put up a fight. The fat trainer adjusted his glasses before giving a snorted laugh.

"HAWHAWHAW! What you gonna do? Chirp?? Please! Machoke, kill it!"

Machoke stomped forward, Lebya's arms shaking ever more as the thumping sound of it's own heart raced. As Machoke lifted it's hand to chop him down, a sound was heard from behind.

"Ehhhhhhhhhh...!"

"Wha? Who's there!" The fat trainer demanded.

The raspy moan was uttered once more, echoing through the forest. The source of it was unknown. Then a figured, hidden in darkness emerged from the trees, their whole form impossible to determine except for a wide grin plastered on their face.

"Who are you?? Your starting to tick me off!" They grumbled.

"Goooooo Baaaaaaaaaack!"

"W-Wha- NO! Machoke, show them who's superior! Dynamic punch!"

Machoke dropped what it was doing, marching over to the figure. It reeled back a a fist before hammering it toward his foe, who refused to budge.

*WHAM!*

The punch impacted something...but it wasn't the figure. It was some kind of black fluid...dripping and oozing. But it somehow took the entire attack.

*flash!*

A slice raced across Machoke's face, three slash marks appearing. The machoke twitched, getting visibly angry.

"What?! Th-Thats a fluke! Do it again!"

"CHOOOOOKE!"

The punch landed again, the fluid impacting again, no damage. Another scratch appeared on his face.

"AgainagainagainagainAGAAAAIN!"

A hammering of punches were deleivered, the fluid not giving once as a whole plethora of scratches appeared. Machoke's form began to waver, it's confidence beginning to leave it as it wasn't sure what was going on.

"Wha...ts....happening?!?"

The ooze took shape. A creature emerged. It couldn't be seen well, but it was covered in darkness outside of two beaming white lights from his eyes.

"I-I'm not afraid! I'm not! Strength machoke! Pulverize it! Pulverize it NOW!!"

Machoke hesitated before going into a headlong charge, He managed to charge straight through the ooze creature...only for the fluid to cling onto him. It then began to latch on...pulling him down underground!"

"Machoke! MAAAA!!"

Machoke clamped onto the ground, trying to not get absorbed into the ground. The trainer panicked, looking both ways.

"Every mon for himself!!!!"

They bolted, running away from the engagement, leaving the Machoke to himself. On the revelation on being left, Machoke cried out for them to come back, but to no avail. Suddenly, the pulling stopped, and Machoke was pushed out of the ground, the darkness sealing up.

"Baaaaaaaaack!"

Machoke didn't think twice, limping off in a hurry away from the scene. The spooky atmosphere soon lifted, as the black creature formed back, it's oozy form turning purple, Sableye giving a loud yawn. The figure? Kura descended down, chuckling like a chipmunk.

"That show them-them!"

The two were interrupted by something walking up to them. That Ledyba from before. It was sticking it's chest out wide, not wanting to admit it was saved by them.

"Hmph!"

It closed it's eyes and held out it's hand to shake, it's cheeks puffed up in pride. Sableye and Kura shared a look, before grinning and shaking his hand together, throwing the bug slightly off balance. Composing himself, Ledyba dusted off imaginary dirt, opening an eye at Kura.

"Ley-Ba!"

The bug bowed sternly, it's posture shockingly good for a bug. Most would be curious what this meant. But for Kura? He knew exactly what this meant.

"Yes-Yes! We train you up good!"

Ledyba seemed incredibly thankful, wishing to become stronger than he was against that Machoke. He gave a salute, standing up straight. The formal bug wanted to potential Sableye and Kura showed against that bully. Maybe then...he could protect those that were weak.

After getting all the pictures Dolan could hope to want, he happily left the museum before making his way down the road. Where would he go now? Who knows. Maybe he would go to Floroma Town, Eterna City, or Hearthome City. Maybe he'd go out catching pokémon. Dolan didn't know. He didn't have Quinten traveling with him now and Kura ran off to do arceus knows what. It would be time for Dolan to do something as well. So he did. He decided to make his way to the next route just north.

"Oh uh, sorry..." Zeke mused as in spite of how eccentric and energetic he can and has been could pick up when someone was genuinely uncomfortable as he quickly dropped the topic before he noticed the light at the end of the tunnel. This caused him to dash ahead of Tony as Lightning worked to keep pace and soon they had gotten a view of Oreburgh City. For one who had not traveled beyond his own town before today, the sights were amazing to take in as he scanned with a wide-eyed enthusiasm as even the more reserve Luxio also had to stop to take it all in.

Then he heard Tony's offer which snapped Zeke's attention back to him.

"Oh that would, that would be great thanks!" Zeke said with a smile as he felt that competitive fire light up...his first Gym challenge, this was gonna be amazing he had thought to himself!

@Red Gallade

Victoria walked a bit ahead of Jake after he allowed her to take the lead. Unbeknownst to the Kalosian trainer, on their way out of the Pokémon Center, they passed the Gym Leader himself as he entered the building.

Victoria turned to Jake after he asked what was their first stop. "Well, if you insist, then let us head for the gym first!" She said with a bit of excitement in her voice.

After walking for a bit, they finally found the gym, and Victoria stood in front of it for a bit. "Here we go," she said to herself after taking a deep breath and proceeding to enter the gym. The sliding doors opened to allow Victoria and Jake enter. As she stepped inside, she looked around and spotted a male attendant, leading her to approach him.

The attendant noticed the Kalosian trainer and turned his attention towards her. "Hello! Welcome to the Oreburgh Gym!" He said, "How may I help you?"

"Greetings," Victoria greeted back, "My name is Victoria, from Lumiose City. I would like to request a battle with the Gym Leader."

"Oh, I'm really sorry to tell you this, but our Gym Leader isn't here at them moment," he said begrudgingly, "He went over to the Oreburgh Mine."

"What!?" Victoria let out after hearing the unfortunate news and groaned in disappointment, "Do you know when he will return?"

"I don't, sorry. But I'm sure he won't be long now. You're more than welcomed to stay and wait for him, if you like," he said.

Looking down, Victoria sighed softly not only in disappointment, but also because she felt bad since Jake wanted to go to the mines and came with her for nothing. She slightly looked back to where she assumed Jake was with a bit of guilt and apology. "Might as well..." She said before looking back at the attendant, "In the meantime, may I ask what are the rules for the gym battle?"

"Well, the battles are usually three on three, ending when one trainer's Pokémon are all defeated," he answered.

Victoria's eyes widened a bit after hearing this information. Three on three? But she only has two Pokémon. The Kalosian trainer wasn't prepared for a three on three battle already. All her first gym battles in other regions in the past were at most two on two, which she thought would be the case here. "O-Oh? I-Is that so?" She said a bit nervously.

"Is that alright with you? Or is it an issue?" The attendant asked as he picked up on a bit of her nervous tone.

"Well...you see, uh..." She began, looking side to side for a bit, wondering where she's going to get a third Pokémon now. She then looked a bit behind her, and her eyes locked onto Jake and Sonny, mainly Sonny. An idea then came to her mind, leading her to quickly turn back to the attendant and say, "N-No no! No issue at all! Three on three is perfect! Just...n-need to rethink my strategy a bit."

"Oh, alright then. In that case, if you have anymore questions while you wait, feel free to ask me," he said with a smile before leaving Victoria to herself.

"Yes, of course. Thank you very much!" A few seconds later, Victoria quickly locked her eyes onto Jake and Sonny again, like a Braviary spotting its prey. "Jake, sweetie, darling! Can I...ask just a smaller favor?" She asked with a nervous smile before bowing and clapping her hands together in front of her, eyes closed shut as well, "Could I please borrow Sonny for my gym battle!?" At first, the Gym Leader not being was a bad thing, but now it's turned into a good thing as it's giving Victoria some extra time. "Please!? Understand that I know I am acting very selfish right now, and I wouldn't be asking this of you unless the situation was dire. But right now, I have no other option, so please, could I request borrowing Sonny!?"

*twitch*

Ledyba blinked as he watched his new Sensei, hanging upside down from a branch with Sableye, eating a slab of cake that he had swiped earlier, messily munching on it. Icing and crumbs fell down to earth, the bug type wondering if this was the same guy that beat that monster of a machoke earlier.

It shook it's head, getting these thoughts out of his head. How uncharacteristic! Questioning his sensei! Solidifying it's pride and keeping it's honor code, it flew up to the branch, hanging upside down, copying Kura. Puffing up it's chest, it's crossed it's arms and huffed.

"Ley-ba!"

The trainer and Sableye exchanged a look before growing wide grins. The little bug was gonna make a good addition to the squad.

Jake blinked in surprise to her question, as Sonny's eyes widened a little.

"...i mean...first, its no problem, really..." Jake started slowly, as he blinked a few more times.

"And..."

He looked down at the Raboot, who looked back at him.

"...his typing doesn't exactly match up, but if you have no other option, sure..." Jake nodded a little, as Sonny shifted a little in nervousness, but didn't outright refuse or anything.

"And don't worry about the mines, really, I don't mind waiting...Sonny knows Bounce, Ember, Flame Wheel and Double Kick...not sure how many of those will be useful in a Rock type gym except Double Kick, but you know battling better then me, so go nuts." he shrugged a little.

"Just a warning though, me and him don't...battle as much. So he might be...not the most experienced, but he knows how to fight if he needs to."

Dolan looked down the route. There were pokemon to see photos to take, and adventures to be had. Dolan got a good picture of some stunky and a stunktank. He also got a good picture of kricketot and kricketune. There were even a few bronzor that he got a nice picture of. Each time Dolan took a picture, Aloi changed shape to match the pokemon.

Dolan even sent his second pokemon, Gitchy. Gitchy was his porygon-2. Gitchy was happy to be out of its pokeball. Gitchy moved around quickly observing its surroundings. Observing Aloi and the many things surrounding it. Perhaps too excited since Gitchy scared off a few wild pokemon and even a trainer.

Dolan took a break to give his pokemon some poffins for snacks. He sat there looking at his photos while his pokemon ate. Dolan ate himself some snacks he had planned out as well.

Tony barely reacted when Zeke gave his enthusiastic response, all he did was simply tilt his head in the direction they had to go and walked off in said direction, as he went to walk over to the gym, he thought he caught a glimpse of the Rock type Gym leader, but didn't seem to care enough to look. As he walked, he got a Poke ball out of his pocket and looked at it, he knew that the Pokemon he had would make his battle against Roark be a challenge, but he believed he had enough experience to make it through.

When they arrived at the Gym, Tony looked back at Zeke before he went to walk on inside, as he did, he noticed that he and Zeke weren't the only trainers who planned to go and battle Roark, but as he looked around, he noticed how Roark wasn't there and let out an annoyed sigh. "Well, seems like we may have to wait a lil' longer if we wanna battle Roark." He said and went to lean against a wall and folded his arms, his Zorua on the other hand came out of her Poke ball and curiously walked over to the other trainers to get a closer look.

Zeke of course followed the head tilt as his eyes shimmered on the large facility that had to have been the Gym itself, and before his Luxio had even a chance to infer "wait" Zeke dashed ahead as his partner sighed and followed quickly as she could. Upon entry, Tony seemed to get settled as there seemed to be some unexpected activity and as Zeke looked some familiar and less than familiar faces seemed to have beaten them to the punch. Was that Victoria?

"Oh wow seems these guys were in a hurry..." Zeke mused, not used to being late for the occasion but he walked up to what he presumed was a member of the staff. "So uh, is there a way I can get in line for the Gym Battle?" Zeke asked as the attendant glanced his direction and offered a small smile.

"As I have explained to her, He went over to the Oreburgh Mine but should be back shortly. I must say it is...unusual, to have this many challengers in one day, I am sure he'd be pleased." The attendant explained as Zeke nodded. Alright so he'd just have to wait and then the matter of who challenged when would be talked over. Though as he registered this info he noted that Victoria seemed to be troubled over something. Was there something a matter?

Victoria looked up at Jake with joy and immediately embraced him in a hug. "Oh, thank you, thank you! This greatly means a lot to me!" She said before letting go. She then looked down at the fire-type and proceeded to pick him up by taking hold from under his arms. "I know you'll do just fine," she said to him with a smile.

After that issue was settled, Victoria noted that more challengers have arrived. She looked around and instantly recognized one of them. "Ezekiel?" She said in a bit of surprise. She set down Sonny before making her way towards him. "Ezekiel! What a surprise to see you!" She said with a smile, "How have you been doing? Are you possibly here for a gym battle also?"

~Roark...~

Roark glanced over at the girl enter his gym. She looked more civilized and also less likely to be a carrier of fleas or rabies. Three others were with him.

"Welcome, I'm Roark, and this is the Oreburgh Gym! I'm guessing your up first, Hm?" Roark said looking at Victoria.

Roark's aide stepped to the side of the field to referee the match. Roark took his position and readied his pokeball containing geodude.

~Meanwhile...~

Dolan was casually making his way when he spotted the bike path. Dolan didn't have a bike. The people in the building wouldn't let Dolan on the bike path since he didn't have a bike. So what did Dolan do? He turned around because he was gonna follow the rules, of course! Nah Just kidding! He walked arooound the building. Please. Walk through the cave he just left and go all the way back to Jubilife City then through all sorts of other routes just to get to the town north? Yeah no. Nobody was outside the building stopping people from just going around. Dolan saw people on the bridge riding their bikes. He took a picture.

"oooooo..."

A presence was felt around Dolan, an eerie groan ahead. Yet there was not a one there for the voice to belong to. Silently, a shadow encroached from behind, figured emerging from it...that's when-

"BAHHH!!!"

Sableye and Kura jumped out at him, wriggling their fingers with their tongues stretched out. They were spooking him, and that they did with great skil. They pair giggled, rolling on the floor laughing. However, a rather rustled Ledyba came from the brushed, apologetically bowing multiple times.

"Hehehehe! Kura best at scaring! No one better at scaring than Kura!"

Dolan was happily making his way down the route when

"BAHHH!!!"

"Gaaah!!!" Dolan yelled in a high pitched feminine yell. Dolan turned around so fast, snapping a picture of the duo with the camera flash on. Dolan tripped backwards which turned into a roll as Dolan fell back. As soon as Dolan's feet hit the ground after his roll, he got up sprinting, taking a few pictures of Kura and sableye as he went. He even got a ladyba picture. Despite his feeling of pure terror, Dolan made sure the angles and photos were good. He had his priorities straight.

"Dolan felt as if his heart was lodged in his throat. He took a few breathes to see it was Kura, "When did you get here?!" Dolan said catching his breathe.

"Ditto ditto!" Aloi cheered. surprisingly Aloi wasn't one bit startled. If anything, hearing Sableye and Kura excited the lil jelly mon. Porygon-2 was off in the grass moving around. Gitchi zipped over when he heard Dolan yell.

"Pooorrrryygooooon twoooooooooo" Gitchi roared in a low mechanical sounding tone.

"Earlier than you, Slowpoke!" Kura stuck his tongue out Dolan. "You always distract-busy on your foto-graff machine!

Kura continued to chuckle, that is, until a rather odd sound game from the brush. That's when a rather speedy porygon2 rushed out from the grass. It caught Kura completely off guard- what was it?? He never saw any Pokémon like it in the wild.

"Circle bird!" Kura exclaimed, not knowing it's species. "It weird, smell funny. Not from here!"

His highly trained nose told him that it didn't smell of the natural odors from this part of Sinnoh. It almost...lacked odors altogether. He would try and taste it, but he knew that wouldn't be appropriate. After all, it WAS alive...he thought anyway.

Zeke seemed to smile when Victoria recognized her, as even the more reserved Lightning seemed to recognize the girl from Professor Rowan's lab. She seemed to be seeking out Gym Badges as well, which Zeke had thought was pretty cool though he had been quick to answer the question she passed to him.

"Oh you know it! It's been a dream of mine to be Champion, so this is the natural first step." Zeke said with a smile, but quickly clarified something with the name she used for him. "And uh, if you could I'd prefer to be called Zeke is that is okay." Zeke requested with a somewhat sheepish tone, which had been a contrast.

Roark seemed to appear next, which had gotten Zeke excited as he quickly shuffled out of the way to give Victoria the floor. "You got this Victoria, show him what you got!" Zeke said as he cheered on his fellow challenger, a show of sportsmanship really.

"Slowpoke? Where?!" Dolan said eagerly looking around before realizing that he himself was being called a slowpoke.

"Poooooorrrryyyyyygoooon twooooo!!" Gitchy cheered, this time making strange beeping noises and sounds.

"That's Gitchy, he's my second pokemon buddy" Dolan said gesturing to the weird bird thing.

Gitchy jumped for joy and made more beeping sounds.

"Glitch...y?"

The name had a meaning he didn't understand, probably another weird human-man word that didn't make sense. Cocking his head at the bird without wings, something just didn't add up. Bleh, he wasn't going to question it though. He grinned widely, assuming a confident position with his arms crossed. Introduction time.

"Me Kura! Best-Best at what I do! Plunder and hoarding! Kura best hermit!"

He said this as he unzipped a random zipper on his hood, taking out a large doughnut at taking a comically large bite out of it. Sableye then hopped up and stole a large bite himself.

"This Sableye! Great-Best partner-brother! Collect many things, yes-yes!"

Glitchy excitedly made more beeping sounds when Kura looked at him.

"What about the best of the best? Or the best of the worst? Or the best of pokémon battles! Best partner-brother, huh? Cool cool. This is Aloi, the best great assistant-buddy ever! Then Gitchy is the legendary explorer!" Dolan said.

Aloi jiggled as it chuckled, and Gitchy struck a cool pose as the two pokémon were called the best.

Dolan thought about it for a moment, "So where's the best hermit heading next?" Dolan asked.

"Kura best at Kura, and Kura ever changes! Will see what Kura becomes!"

Dolan spoke at a million words a minute, rapid fire words. Upworlders sure were chatty, or were it just the Dolan types? Shrugging this off, he was snapped out of his train of thought by asking where he would be going next. He then looked to Sableye, which the pair exchanged toothy grins.

That's when Sableye got down on the ground, stomach down, balancing on the gemstone on his chest. He outstretched a finger to point one direction. That's when Kura grabbed his feet and spun him in a circle. It was like a Sableye Spinning top! The top began to slow before it creaked to a halt, pointing northward. Kura had his answer!

"Kura-team go North-up!"

Dolan watched the sableye lay on its belly then get spun like a top. A rather humorous way of deciding where to go next, but seemingly effective since it seemed to point to the next town.

Gitchy pecked at Dolan's bag in a failed attempt to unzip it. Dolan unzipped his gable to which the porygon 2 excitedly continued to beep. Dolan then pulled out his laptop. He opened it up and Gitchy couldn't move fast enough as he jumped on the laptop keyboard. Pressing his beaks against the screen, the weird duck slowly began dematerialize as he went inside the computer. Pretty soon Gitchy was gone completely.

Though the beeping didn't stop. Instead, Gitchy's face appeared on his laptop.

"Porygooon twoooooo!" Gitchy cheered from within Dolan's laptop. The face on his laptop disappeared then reappeared on the cellphone connected to Dolan's belt. Dolan put his laptop back in his bag and gitchy occasionally bounced back and fourth between the cell phone and the laptop.

Meanwhile Aloi turned into a bag. Identical to the one Dolan already had, except pink and leith Aloi's face on it. Aloi hanged on Dolan's arm like a typical bag.

"Ditto dittooo!" Aloi cheered.

"North it is!" Dolan said pointing north, and snapping a picture of the northbound direction.

Victoria couldn't help but let out a giggle after seeing Zeke shift from being energetic to sheepish. "Alright, Eze-- I mean, Zeke," she said with a warm smile, "My apologies. I was simply trying to be polite is all."

Before she could engage into the conversation any further, she noticed Roark step into the room and directed her attention towards him. After hearing him greet himself, the Kalosian trainer glanced at the other two trainers in the room before she nodded at him and said, "Yes, I believe so." She turned to Zeke after he rooted for her. "Thank you, Zeke. I'll do my best!" She said to him with a nod.

Victoria followed Roark to the battlefield and proceeded to get to her place. "Thank you for accepting my challenge," she said, "I'm Victoria Melis of Lumiose City, and I intend on winning that badge!"

Sonny bit his lip anxiously and followed Victoria onto the arena, paws in his pockets, as he looked around, never really having been on this end of a battle arena, at least in a gym setting or "tournament" setting of any kind, but stood there regardless, and looked at Victoria as she spoke.

Jake watched as he made his way to the stands, and took a seat in the third row, and adjusted a bit before he watched the two, and glanced at Roark, before he looked back at Victoria and Sonny, and smiled a bit, himself a little anxious to see how this would go.

Kura was abounding ahead on their new destination. A whole cast of friends to join him on his adventure to be the bestest hermit! This was about to be the start of something great, or delightfully terrible.

"What this?"

After heading north, they were met with a large road, heading straight north over a big canyon. It was a weird feeling for him, used to the rugged terrain of the underground to suddenly feel exposed out in the open.

*brrrrrr!*

Suddenly, someone on a bicycle flew by Kura, threateningly close. He recoiled back from it, just as another came his way, nearly mowing him over.

"Grah!" Kura exclaimed, evading the oncoming traffic.

It was an attack! Kura had to defend himself! Just as the next incoming bike came his way, Kura prepared for it, grabbing it out of motion, driver still on it before-

"GYAAAAAH!"

"AHHHHHH!!!"

....throwing it and it's driver off the side of the bridge. Thankfully for the driver, a tree broke their fall halfway down. Kura seemed mighty proud of himself of dealing with the 'threat', continuing to March on.

"I don't expect anything less," Victoria replied before watching Roark send out his Geodude. 'So a Geodude is what this Gym Leader is starting out with,' she thought to herself, ''Piplup would be perfect for it, but I would rather save him for Roark's trump card. So perhaps I should start with...'

Victoria then looked down at the fire-type she borrowed, standing next to her. "Sonny, I'll start out with you!" She said with a smile, "I'm aware you're at a type disadvantage, but I have no doubt that you'll do fine. So do your best!"

Sonny looked up at her with a bitten lip, but nodded and slowly walked forward, onto the field, facing the Geodude anxiously, as he took a quiet breath, and pulled his paws out of his pockets, waiting tensely.

Jake watched quietly, himself anxious, as he watched his partner prepare for both his and Jake's first official gym battles, as he unknowingly gripped the bleacher he was sat in, eyes glued to the field.

~Roark...~

Roark grinned, "Interesting choice!" Roark said.

"Geodude, use rock polish!" Roark commanded.

"Geo!" Geodude stretched smacked its arms together, then grabbing his head and rotating his hands. smoothening its rough bumpy exterior. Geodude now smoother and faster.

~Dolan Larch...~

"whoosh!" Dolan cheered as the biker nearly hit Kura. Of course Hisato got good pictures of Kura nearly getting hit. The look on Kura's face in the photo said it all and then some.

"You okay?" Dolan asked holding his thumb up.

"Oh!" Dolan muttered in shock as Kura yanked the biker off the road. Dolan snapped a good picture of that too. Dolan put his camera away so he could hold both thumbs up.

"Nice one!" Dolan said.

The battle has now begun. Victoria watched the Geodude perform it's move by smoothening itself out. By the end of it, she sees that the rock-type was glistened and smoothed out. "So they're starting by gaining some speed," she said to herself, "Then we shall do the same!"

Recalling the fire-type's moves, she extended her arm forward with her hand opened. "Raboot, use Flame Charge!" She declared, instinctively calling Sonny by its species name rather than it's nickname.

Sonny's ears quickly "perked" a little, as he nodded in understanding, and took a quick breath, before he jumped up into the air, intentionally headed backward, towards her, and landed on his feet in front of her, further away from Geodude.

He then quickly started to run, initially headed right at the rock type, before he suddenly veered left and started to circle Geodude.

As he did, he subtly started to speed up as he circled, as what looked like fire started to appear on his body.

He circled for around twenty seconds or so, and after that, the fire energy around his body could be fully seen as he ran, Flame Wheel in action.

Jake cracked a small grin as he watched in the stands.

Sonny then took an exhale as he slowly slid to a stop in front of Geodude, and charged forward at the rock type, ready to finally attempt to land the hit.