• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Survivor! Discussion/Sign ups thread

Well I’m digging all the contestants so far! I’ll consider to start the actual thread after at least 10 people are able, I’ll go up to a max of twenty if possible! So keep tagging if you think someone will be interested!

Oh! I already have an idea for the main challenge, but I could make it even better for y'all if you just answer this quick question.
Which region has your favorite set of starters?
I'll accept one vote per person and majority wins! And yes, the winning trio will be incorporated into the first challenge!

Rowan Tree

Previously ~Add~
I am deleting my other character to this one

Name: Elesis (She title herself Blazing Heart to make her more fired up)
Age(15-25): 19
Appearance (all clothing will initially be shorts, t shirts, and tennis shoes): Red hair and red eyes. Stands in the height of 5'6. Have 2 loose belts that tilted to make an X. Wears a long white jacket with a ripped end Have pants that are long and short (left leg short side and right leg long side). Have a broken super short black jacket (the zipper is broken (the zipper goes all the way up)) that shows her stomach. Also wears a red and black stocking (only for the left leg), and wears black boots that have a red stripe (in the middle of the toe part of the boots) and has golden designs on the black boots. Also wears long black fingerless gloves with golden designs on the gloves. Holds a large black and red claymore with a large blade and it has a large neon orange symbol and a yellow orb in the middle of the handle and the blade. She has a firing touch, and she can be seen as a fire from far away. She kills enemies with the firing blow.
Personality: Fierce and wild, very supportive in ideas and comments and can be a little bit bossy because she takes care of her brother for most of the time in her life. Brave and kind, got guts to battle on.
Reason for competing: She likes to fight and as the young girl she is, thought fighting goes with it, plus, she has nowhere to go, so she thought this she could get to know people, but never knew this is survival. She is forcefully made to doing by a enemy who name is Raven, and threatened to kill her brother.
Personal life/job/hobbies: No jobs yet. Her whole family died of a fire and she was the only one who escaped. Annnnnnnnnnnd her hobbies is to train in the gym and battle.
Favorite Pokémon:
All fire or fire/dark types

Last edited:
Is it too late to join? This seems really fun!

Character bio:
Name: Mia Yates
Appearance (all clothing will initially be shorts, t shirts, and tennis shoes): Messy blonde hair tied back into pigtails. She's around 5'5 and has blue eyes. Her t-shirt has a camo pattern and she matches it with a plain army green hat.
Personality: She grew up living in Rural Alola. In her youth, she would often spend time with a friend who lived on a farm which gave her a decent amount of experience working with Pokémon. She also was a Scout (or what ever the equivalent is in this universe) which gives her a little experience with survival. Both of these give her quite an adventurous attitude. She tends to slip into a leading role, getting initially frustrated if she can't, although, if she gets along with the person in charge she'll be quick to back them up. She can be quite stubborn getting fixated on certain ideas. She also doubts her skills, usually underestimating herself. She isn't very good at getting to know knew people, but as soon she's found a common interest, she will get much more comfortable. She is however, very good at talking to groups.
Reason for competing: Mia wants to move to Hoenn to break into the Contest Industry. She figures even if she doesn't win, fame from the show will make it easier, and if she does? Well that's even better! She assumes she won't win, but thinks she'll do well.
Personal life/job/hobbies: Works at a Pokémon daycare, looking after younger Pokémon specifically. In her free-time she attends dance classes in preparation for contests. She tries to pass these skills onto her somewhat bedgruding Leafeon. She still helps out at her friend's farm, but far less frequently than when she was a kid.
Favourite Pokémon: Leafeon, specifically her Leafeon, Cinnamon, all though she also is a fan of any Pokémon with good contest potential.

Name: Aran Urskine
Appearance: A somewhat but not overly pale young man with a seemingly normal build, Aran stands at a mere 5'4", but that sure doesn't stop his rapid facial growth. He will arrive at the island clean-shaven, but that won't last long. His beard will match his hair - a dirty orange and also cut down, from a reasonably long mane to a mere couple inches spiked up to prepare for the coming challenges. His sunk-in eyes are a dark yellow-green-brown and surrounded by the grey rims of small rectangular glasses, as he is nearsighted. Clothes? Loose clothing like sweaters and sweats, typically, though in this case he dons cargo pants for some, er, utility, supposedly.

Personality: Aran's pretty consistent in his actions across various circumstances: neutral, pragmatic, and generally upfront with whatever's appropriate and reserved with what isn't (in his mind, anyway). However, during particularly intense times in one way or another he may slip up and succumb emotionally to whatever's happening. Nevertheless, context generally doesn't dictate his behavior, and as such it is more prone to sway from internal forces unrelated to the present situation. Formalities are a chore he ignores or is oblivious to, so he's kind of dumb in that aspect.

Reason for Competing: Let's just say his, uh, network(s) persuaded him to do this on the basis of gaining experience or doing something 'productive', though he bets that they were at least partly influenced by the fact that he said he'd split the prize money if he won the thing, or maybe he's being tested. He feels pretty out of place in reality television, a genre that garnered some head scratching from him in the past, but he does admit that it could be, like, a character-building experience, or something.

Personal Life/Job/Hobbies: Aran left school years ago and has been working full-time for a relatively small, mostly non-profit organization for raising awareness and acting upon various issues in society, although he and others have been recently questioning the legitimacy of the 'non-profit' bit due to questionable activity, potentially illegal or even criminal. His hobbies include listening to music, surfing the web, tennis, and playing chess with his pokemon team (he always loses to those who know how to play).

Favorite Pokémon: Although never any members of his team, Aran is quite fond of Barboach and Whiscash from vivid childhood memories.

Last edited:

GackGack27

Previously JC499
Name: Jack
Age(15-25): 16
Appearance (all clothing will initially be shorts, t shirts, and tennis shoes): Brown Hair, green eyes
Personality: Cool
Reason for competing: To win
Personal life/job/hobbies: Eating
Favorite Pokémon: Meowth, Growlithe, and Butterfree

GackGack27

Previously JC499
Name: Jack
Age(15-25): 16
Appearance (all clothing will initially be shorts, t shirts, and tennis shoes): Brown Hair, green eyes
Personality: Cool and Outgoing
Reason for competing: To win at all costs
Personal life/job/hobbies: Eating and Sleeping. Otherwise I'm a student
Favorite Pokémon: Meowth, Growlithe, and Butterfree

Name: Sam
Age(15-25): 17
Appearance (all clothing will initially be shorts, t shirts, and tennis shoes): Sam has brown skin due to his father being African american and mother being English. He has long curl hair that he puts into a man bun. His eye color is hazel. He wears glasses. Though he is lean, his arms are muscular and he has abs.
Personality: He likes listening to music. He is rebellious. He like's making people laugh. He is drawn to quiet people.
Reason for competing: He is raising money for his village, Tapu Village.
Personal life/job/hobbies: Helping people out, playing with is pokemon, and battling.
Favorite Pokémon: Pikachu

Not relevant because I probably won't be joining but anyone who hasn't seen Survivor... Why are you all sleeping on one of the greatest shows on television?

Sorry to interrupt, just had to open your eyes. (that said, a poke-survivor doesn't sound like my cup of tea. lmk if you ever do vanilla survivor, i've been trying to think of how to make one forever)