• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Trainer University

Wes realized that a Chimchar had suddenly appeared upon the table, the tiny flame it produced from it's bottom lit up the table grandly and heated the surrounding air.

"When do they stop coming?" he joked to the rest of the trainers. Growlithe, eager to meet another fire-type, sprang before the fire monkey and cried out in greeting. Dratini quickly followed and once again slithered onto the dog Pokemon's head to get a better view. Shieldon pressed his large head into Wes' stomach to avoid any interaction.

A trainer appeared out of the crowd and waved at the group around the table. Wes sent a wave of his own towards the approaching trainer,

"Hi, I'm Wes, I was wondering who this Chimchar's trainer was. It seems like I'm a real magnet for these little guys."

Last edited:
"I'm Jezebel Xienstien and this is Ammon the Omanyte, Liam the Zubat, and you've already met Vixie. As foor not stealing their bowls, these guys are used to it. My dad studies a lot of pokemon biology and he had a rule against straight up kibble," Jezebel informed while rolling her eyes. "And nice to meet all of you," she said politely, more focused on her food than people.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew laughed a bit, "Yeah I guess that's the case. I think Chimchar just likes your personality whatever it may be like. I mean I have no idea but, Chimchar is a really good judge of character. I think he's just relieved to talk to someone nice for a change. He's probably still cooling off from earlier." he said nervously. The boy thought about telling this random student he just met about what happened to him earlier. He didn't want Wes to worry about it but they were fellow first years after all so it might be fine to let the cat out of the bag.

Matthew sighed, "Anyways so now we're here getting some food cause everyone was hungry." he said. The student knew that he had to keep his team's strength as well as his own strength up so they could always do their best at the University. He knew that their daily classes involved battling and he wanted to do his best all the time so his Pokemon could get strong.

The boy's eyes snapped open and he realized that he forgot to introduce himself. "Oh I almost forgot. My name's Matthew...Mathew Lincoln. You met Chimchar already and my Deino and Mareep are over there eating their fills." he said, pointing over to the table. He walso learned that one of the girls' names was Jezebel. It may have been the first day but Matthew was meeting new people at an alarming rate and he kinda enjoyed it.

Wes greeted each of Jezebel's partners with a smile and responded,

"I've always thought that kibble didn't feel right to feed them, yet I never make the point to ask or change my ways. You must know a lot from your father, being the daughter of a Pokemon Biologist and all."

He looked back to the Fennekin that was now eating and his thoughts were once again filled with the Fennekin he had battled so long ago.

"Your Fennekin here has got me thinking of a battle that I was in back home. I'd love to battle you sometime if you're into that." he explained to the fellow trainer. Wes then looked back to the male trainer that he had greeted,

"I think everyone is hungry after that entrance exam. That was absolutely crazy!"

He studied Matthew's face for a moment, observing the look in his eyes that revealed that he had some sort of inner struggle. Wes combed through his hair once more and adjusted the thick-rimmed glasses upon his nose; letting the thought pass. He addressed the crowd that had now gathered around his table,

"I read in the pamphlet that all the first-years have the same schedule. Who's excited for our first classes tomorrow morning?"

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
After the Entrance Exam Mike fought through the crowds to get to the Main Campus. "Man I can't believe how hard that exam was," he thought to himself. He remembered how he nearly lost the Exam of it weren't for his Gible. As he went up the stairs he found an RA. "What's your name?" the RA asked Mike. "Mike Light," Mike told the RA. "Your room is 316," the RA said. "Thanks," Mike said as he began looking for his room.

When he found his room his PDA began to beep and Mike opened the door. He saw most of the room's furniture on fire. "Why in bloody hell my room on fire?!" Mike asks loudly as his jet black hair is flared up.

(OOC: I finally did it! Huzzah!)

"I'm excited for sure! I wanted to be among the kids who started their journey at ten year olds but my parents insisted on school first. As for a battle, Wes, you read my mind! I mean being buddy buddy is all well and good but nothing beats a good pokemon battle!" Jezebel enthused.

"Those entrance exams were killer, I got lucky in the last battle that the guy I was set to challenge favored grass types. That first girl though, she had a pikachu and a blitzle. Look at my team! I swear, the next pokemon I'm catching is a ground type if it is the last thing I do," she declared, going through the list of ground types she could think of, trying to think of the best match for her team. Then Wes' comment about berries hit her.

"Well, it's not a difference that'll make or break your pokemon but studies show that the more pecha berries a pokemon eats, the more resistance it has to poisonous substances. It's never a guarantee though. The oran berries and cheri berries help promote general health and flexibility so the battle merit isn't completely lost, I guess," she explained.

Lexie swallowed her food whole before the Chimchar and the boy came over to the table. "It's nice to meet you Matthew, I'm Lexie. This is Sandile, Totodile, and Eevee." She said before drinking out of her cup. Her pokémon had finished all of their food and were lazily laying on her lap. She struggled to keep them there. She turned to Wes and smiled. "Thanks again for letting us set here. It's also very nice to meet you. I'm glad i've already somehow made friends. This table is clearly a popular spot." She said, joking about all the pokémon and trainers. I'm so excited for our classes to begin," She paused for a moment, "Hopefully everything goes well."

Wes grinned at the enthusiasm of Jezebel and responded excitedly,

"There's a free period tomorrow in our schedules. We could do it then if nothing comes up."

He sat in thought for a moment after the comment about berries and adjusted his glasses once more.

"That's pretty interesting that a small thing like a berry can have such an effect in battle. Mr. Xienstien must be brilliant to have found that out. Your Pokemon must be proud to have such a caring and intelligent trainer such as yourself as well. It makes me all the more eager to have a battle with you!" he exclaimed. Growlithe and Dratini cried in agreement while Shieldon sighed and buried his face deeper into Wes' stomach. His attention went to the Pokemon on his lap and his eyes sparked with worry.

"C'mon now Shieldon, don't you want to meet the rest of these Pokemon? We're going to be spending most days with them." he asked. Shieldon looked up at him with it's large eyes and shook its head sternly as if to say, "No way man, these guys are too much for me!". The fossil Pokemon jammed it's face back into his stomach, resulting in Wes' loss of air. He sat wheezing for a few moments before regaining his breath.

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew laughed a bit, "Yeah I hope the classes are as fun as the entrance exam." the boy said jokingly. Matthew was so happy during the entrance exam. He went into each battle with tons of enthusiasm and that's how he was able to stick to it and make it into the university. Now that the battles were over for a bit, he knew that being at this school meant that he would probably have to study and take test and all that terrible stuff. On the bright side at least he'd have some friends he can hang with to make his time at the university way more fun and make the whole experience one to remember.

He snapped out of thought when he heard Wes get smacked by his Shieldon. "Are you okay there Wes?" he asked with a bit of a laugh. He was really looking forward to spending more time with these people around him. They say university is where you find real friends and Matthew was beginning to take that message to heart. They apparently all had the same classes and he was so ready to experience his first year with these people. The boy smiled, "The first day is gonna fly by. I just know it." he said excitedly.

Lexie took a second to take it all in. It was only her first day and she's met so many amazing people and pokémon. She was excited for the time she was going to spend here and she was excited to spend that time with the people at this table. She was surprised she even made it in to BTU, but she's so ecstatic that she did. She looked down at the pokémon in her lap, all which had content smiles on their faces. It warmed her heart to see them like this, even they love it here. She could already tell they like everyone they met.

She snapped out of her thoughts and looked around at everyone, trying to think of a way to be more involved in the conversation. "What class are you guys most excited for? I am really glad we all have the same schedule. It's hard enough being at a new school, and it's even harder when you don't know anyone." She said as she adjusted the pokémon on her lap to make sure they were safe from falling off.

"Well, my dad correlates all the information from the region specific professors; keeps them all updated and makes sure their pokemon are in tip top shape. Knowing the best diets are kinda his job," she said; having grown accustomed to her dad's work, she hadn't considered how new his tactics would be to everyday trainers.

"Noticing the shy fossil pokemon, Jezebel pulled a pecha berry out of her bag. "Want one, Shieldon?" she asked patiently.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Favorite class?" Matthew asked himself, repeating what Lexi just asked. "Well I guess if I had to pick one then it would be the Single Battles class. I mean who doesn't love a good Pokemon battle." he said. His Chimchar got really heated in battle sometimes to it was always really fun once they got going together in a battle. Thanks to this though the duo did often get carried away in battles which is why Matthew and Chimchar have been working really hard to control themselves.

Wes cleared his throat and fixed his glasses before answering,

"Yeah, I'm good. Just got the wind knocked out of me from this little guy. He really doesn't know his own strengths. Or maybe he does and just doesn't care?" he shrugged and began to laugh. At the offer of the berry Shieldon looked up at it's trainer with wide eyes, seemingly looking for approval.

"Go for it, Shieldon. Don't be shy." Wes said encouragingly. Shieldon peered over to the berry but then pulled away and hid once more.

"Sorry, he's always like this. Especially around new people and Pokemon. He'll come around eventually. No one can refuse food for long!" he said hopefully.

"Did you know that this place has it's own Safari Zone? I was reading through our schedule and found that the last class is there. To answer your question Lexie, the Endurance Training class at the Safari Zone is what I'm most excited for. It sounds like something I've never heard of. We'll surely be able to catch a bunch of awesome Pokemon, don't you think?" he asked the table around him before standing up and gathering his dirty dishes. In the process of standing, Shieldon fell from his lap and hit the floor head first, resulting in a shallow dent upon the floor. The Pokemon shook itself and charged at Wes' leg for payback.

"I'm going to take these dishes back up. Anyone want to come?" he called to the crowd around the table. He lifted his leg just in time for the Shieldon to pass under it. The Pokemon skidded to a stop some distance away from its trainer and ran back. It looked up in apology at Wes and motioned with it's front legs that it wished to be carried. Wes laughed and picked the creature up in his free hand, the other carrying the dishes.

OOC: Made a change to my Student ID in the discussion

Last edited:
"Regional studies will be a bore," Jezebel grumbled, bored half to sleep just thinking about it. "Personally, I just want to get to endurance training, already. This place has it's own Safari Zone! We might be able to get new pokemon there and who knows what species we can find!" She enthused, daydreaming of Swinubs and Trapinch.

At Wes' offer, Jezi gathered her dirty stuff and headed off with Wes. "We both had the same idea about endurance training," she pointed out, lightly elbowing his ribs.

Lexie listened to Matthew as he gave his answer. "Yeah, I like single battles, but i'm particularly excited for double battles, even though we all only have three pokémon. I just love how the two pokémon work together and how sometimes their attacks will combine and become even more powerful," She looked down at her pokémon that were shifting awake before looking back up, "it's exciting to be in a double battle, but it's also nice to just watch and study how other people battle, you know?" She turned to Jezebel. "We definitely should check out the Safari Zone, it would be a great opportunity to catch new pokémon!" Her pokémon all woke up and jumped up on the table, knocking over her drink. She shuffled to grab napkins to clean it up. She sighed and grabbed the trash and went to dispose of it, her pokémon quick on her heels.

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
"Yeah I guess nothing beats the power of teamwork sometimes." he said with a laugh. He knew that three was a weird number of Pokemon to have for a double battle but it still worked out most of the time. Either way he was sure that the teachers have dealt with that problem for years and probably had a solution for it hammered out. Matthew grabbed him and his Pokemon's dishes once they were done with their food and smiled at them. "Yeah I'll go with you Wes. Looks like my guys are all done too." he said.

He smiled as Jezebel and Matthew gathered their own dishes and began to follow him towards the designated place that they were to place their dishes to be cleaned. At the elbow to his ribs, he laughed,

"Yeah, I suppose great minds think alike! I've been thinking for a long time that my team needed some more firepower. Not literally of course because of Growlithe, but you know what I mean. I wonder if they have a limit to the Pokemon that you can catch? That would make things interesting. I've been thinking about those Double Battles and like everyone else is saying, they will be tricky. Especially for my team because we haven't done many of them."

They reached the opposing side of the mess hall and Wes set down his dishes and smiled at the aged lady behind the counter.

"This is the place for the dishes, right?" he asked the hair-net clad woman.

"It sure is, sonny. I'll take them to the back and get them cleaned for breakfast tomorrow." she responded with a smile. Wes glanced towards a clock above the counter and frowned.

"Sure is getting late guys. I'm going to get the gang and hit the hay. Tomorrow is gonna' be a long day." he explained to the two trainers that had followed him. He started to walk back to the table to pick up Growlithe and Dratini. Shieldon yawned in his arms and nestled into his chest as he walked.

Last edited:
"Yeah, i'm going to hit the hay too. I know my pokémon are pretty tired, as am I." Lexie said, while her and her pokémon yawn simultaneously. She picked them all up and held them tightly in her arms. "Goodnight Wes and Matthew, i'll see you two in class. I'll see you at the room, Jezebel." She swiftly walked out of the cafeteria, towards the dorms.

She put the key in the locked at turned it, struggling to hold all of the pokémon. She entered the room and placed the pokémon on the bed. She slipped into her pajamas, brushed her teeth, and got into bed and under the covers. Eevee curled up on her pillow next to her head, Sandile was curled up against her stomach and finally, Totodile was nestled next to her legs. She yawned and quickly fell asleep, as did her pokémon.

Jezebel dropped Ammon and Vixie by the dorm. Liam, however, was finally up and about. "Still used to the wild nocturnal sleep schedule, huh?" Jezebel asked him as she meandered through the halls. Liam, much more cheerful now, nuzzled her cheek.

"I should be sleeping, you know... if I leave our dorm window open, will you be back before dawn?" she asked him with concern. She had only had him for a few weeks and, due to pushing to get ready for the entrance exams, she hadn't had time to do anything with his but train. He could just fly away and not come home.

But he nodded and flapped his wings restlessly. Not wanting to keep him cooped up, Jezebel headed back to her dorm and let him out through the window. She made short work of her nighttime routine after that and carefully wiggled in between her two sleeping pokemon.

Hearing the clamor of someone entering the room Alan wakes back up an empty bottle rolls off of his chest and clatters across the floor.

The world around him appeared hazy and in a state of constant motion as he pushed himself upright after much effort. "You mus be my roommate" Alan said. Placing his face in his hand for a long while before resuming speaking after a deep breath "Names Ala-" he begins to introduce himself before grabbing his mouth and quickly scrambling towards the bathroom. He's unsteady on his feet and falls several times before making in inside locking the door behind him. The sounds of him evacuating his stomach can be heard through the door before he slowly loses consciousness again and sinking into the bathroom floor

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"What just happened?" Mike says before entering his room. He puts his bag down next to the bed that is clean. Mike looks around his room and decides to go to the bathroom. He sees what he believes to be his room mate unconscious on the floor. Mike also finds some things in the bathtub.

"HEY WAKE UP!! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ROOM?!?!" Mike asks the unconsicous teenager while shaking him.

"I don't... want any" Alan mumbles through the drunken haze. His three little Pokémon approach Mike from behind in the doorway. A battle worn charmander and treeko and a sleepy Vulpix.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike drops the teenager and looks at the Pokemon. "Wait a second. These guys look like they just fought," Mike said pointing to the Charmander and Treecko. "And not from the Entance Exam... hmm." Mike then looks at his roommate again. "Did your Pokemon destroy my room and then you just began to sleep?" Mike asked.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"This guy seems like he's going to be asleep for awhile so I might as well do the same," Mike says. He then proceeds to drag Alan to his bed. Then, he sends out his Pokemon. They seem worried by their room. "Relax guys, it's just temporary. But, this is our new home. It's pretty late so do you guys want to sleep in your Pokeballs or with me?" Mike asks Gible, Cyndaquil, and Shinx. They cheerfully replied a mixture of "Gible!-Cynda-and-Shin!" "I'll take that as sleeping with me," Mike replied to his Pokemon's cries. He then got inside his blanket and his other Pokemon hopped onto his bed and did the same.

Alan wakes up the next morning feeling dreadful. Pushing himself out of bed he is met with a wave of nausia as he notices that he is still fully clothed. Retrieving the empty bottle from the center of the room "I may have overdone it" he remarks to himself. Tossing the bottle into his bag and undressing in front of the mirror. His hair was unkempt and his skin was a sickly pale with dark bags having formed underneath his eyes.

"Looks like a hoodie day..." Alan says as he rifles through his bag selecting a black T An all red hoddie and a pair of tight black jeans. He struggles for some time but manages to get dressed before checking his PDA
(6:15)
"At least I've got pleanty of time before class" he says while returning his Pokémon and having a seat back on his bed.

Jezebel woke to sunlight streaming in through the open window. Liam had returned in the night and was lightly dozing by her head. She could feel Vixie tiny, fluffy body by the top of her head. Ammon was curled inside his shell by her chest. Sitting up slowly and carefully, she managed to get out of bed without disrupting the pokemon.

She picked out a dark blue loose sleeved top with a plunging v-neck that stopped right at the top of her stomach. For shorts she went with a light grey pair that reached about halfway to her knees. Her long, platinum blonde hair was, as always, tied back with a blood red ribbon. "Perfect," she commented almost silently as she checked herself in the dorm room mirror.

After tying her red and white sneakers, Jezi gently woke her pokemon so they could be ready for breakfast. "Hey, Lexie," Jezebel said, lightly shaking the other girl. "It's 6:30, we need to head to breakfast."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike woke up and saw his Pokemon all around him. He returned his Pokemon and noticed that Alan was gone. "Who is he?" Mike wondered about his roommate. Mike put on a black hoodie with the Volcano Badge Logi and his rectangular glasses. He put on some jeans for pants and black shoes. He combed his jet black hair and left the room.

Mike checked his PDA: 6:30 A.M. "Well I guess I better get to the cafeteria for breakfast," he said to himself. He spent his first day learning the campus but since he ate one of his snacks after the Entrance Exam he never ate dinner. He knew where the cafeteria was so he wasn't lost.

Wes shuffles back to his room in a daze of exhaustion from the weight of three Pokemon clinging to his shoulders, neck, and arms. He yawns once more as he reaches the third floor; possibly the sixth yawn within the five minutes it took him to get thus far. Dratini lay draped around his neck like a lifeless scarf, sleeping peacefully yet still quite the burden. Growlithe clung to his right shoulder in a similar daze. The dog Pokemon made a following yawn after Wes' and closed its heavy eyelids. Wes shook himself slightly to not do the same and peered to the Shieldon in his arms. The creature lay nestled into his chest once more and it murmured incoherent blabbers as Wes shuffled towards the door. He noticed the distinct smell of smoke and ash coming from the room next to him, 316, but didn't make the notion to do anything. I'm sleep deprived and imagining things. Gotta' get some sleep. he told himself in his mind. The PDA made a familiar buzz in his pocket and the door before him opened to reveal his room.

"I'm home." he announced quietly to no one but himself. Roommate must have gotten really lost on campus cause he hasn't shown, yet. his mind muttered. Wes set the the worn Pokemon upon his bed at the right side of the room and the individual indentations that they made upon the cot resulted in them rolling together in one pile of sleeping creatures. The trainer smiled lightly and began his nightly routine.

After numerous more fits of yawning, Wes finally made it to his bed. And just in time too, for after he opened the window just a crack to allow some airflow, he fell instantly asleep upon the comfortable cot. Snores from the whole party could be heard throughout the night as the wind whispered against the window sill.

Wes awoke to the slobbery tongue of Growlithe and the slithering scales of Dratini against his unclothed legs. He sat up with help from his left arm and swung his feet off the bed, knocking over Growlithe as he did so. The dog Pokemon growled and launched himself at Wes’ face and began to smother him once more with his tongue. Wes groaned and a smile played out on his lips as he pushed the Pokemon away. He stretched his bare limbs, fixed his boxer shorts, and grabbed his glasses from the nightstand. Wes, now having adept sight once more, peered at the clock’s time of 7:00. Got an hour to get ready. his mind visioned. The trainer combed through his now knotty hair with his fingers and sighed before standing up and heading to the shower.

The young trainer stood before the mirror, wrapped in a towel, with a comb in hand directing his wet and wild hair to his bidding. After many attempts to get it just right, he ran his fingers through it proudly and walked from the bathroom. He began to dig through the drawers supplied by the university for an outfit and set his sights on a good one. He stood with the bundle of clothing and smelled the moist air as it filtered in through the window. Today was going to be a good day.

Wes stepped from the room sporting khaki shorts, a brown belt with the Pokeball holder attached, blue tennis shoes, and a loose, black, dry-fit shirt. The shirt displayed a small BTU logo on the top left that shown with color. Three Pokemon followed in his wake as they made their way down the hall and towards the mess hall for some much needed breakfast. The PDA in his pocket buzzed, reminding him of his schedule and the first class of the day, “Regional Studies.”

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike checked his PDA again: 6:40. "The campus seems to be bigger than I thought," Mike said quietly to himself. As Mike was going down the stairs he noticed a few other trainers going down as well, presumably for breakfast. Finally, Mike reached the end of the stairs and started walking down the hall to the cafeteria. He saw a few more people in the hall. As he entered the cafeteria he noticed it was a lot less crowded than yesterday. "I must've woken up earlier than usual," he thought. Mike got his food and was looking for a table to eat. He noticed one person with a hoodie on and decided to eat with him/her.

"Hey, it's not as crowded now as it was yesterday. Maybe we woke up early," Mike said while sitting down. When he looked directly at the student he found out that the student was a male and saw dark bags under his eyes.

Alan recognized the boy looking at him... though he could not quite remember from where. So he nodded to him before proceeding to finish his breakfast of energy drink poured over sugary cereal.

'At least it's regional studies first period' he thinks to himself as he check his PDA 7:10, about time to head out. Leaving his breakfast sitting on the table he begins to make his way towards the door. Hands in his pockets

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Huh?" Mike said as the person in front of him left the table. "Leaving his breakfast on the table after leaving... weird guy," Mike thought. "Wait I forget about my Pokemon! They must be starving, the last thing they ate was a snack, I better make some food for them," Mike thought. He went pulled a machine out of his bag. "Some berries there, some spices there, and done!" Mike said before pressing a button on the machine. Suddenly, the machine dropped some PokePuffs. "Alright come on out guys," Mike said while releasing his Pokemon. "Dig in," he said. Mike's Pokemon started eating the PokePuffs that came out of the Machine.

As Mike was eating his breakfast he saw someone entering the Cafeteria looking for a table. "You can come here if you want," Mike said a little loudly while waving his hand.

Wes entered the mess hall accompanied by a loud sniffing sound. His party, and himself, were all be buffeted by the sweet scent of BTU breakfast. They rushed to the rather empty line and proceeded to grab scrambled eggs, bacon, syrup, hash browns, and a glass of orange juice. Wes looked at the large selection of berries near the end of the line and thought back to dinner yesterday with Jezebel and the rest of the first-years.

"What do you say we mix things up a bit, guys?" he asked the starving Pokemon milling about his feet. The group cried out in acceptance and he began to grab a mixture of sitrus, pecha, and cheri berries for his party. To top off the meal, he added three partially filled bowls of Poke-kibble which attracted a lot of attention from the three Pokemon at his feet. As he walked towards the same table as yesterday he noticed a shady looking figure in a hoodie exiting the building. How could someone be so down in such a place like this? he thought to himself before continuing to the table. He placed the tray of foods down and similar to yesterday the Pokemon began to leap and bound towards it.

"Woah, there guys. We're trying something different remember." he shook a finger at them and began to slice the berries that he had picked up from the line with a plastic knife. The sweet aroma of the fruit filled the air around him as he sliced and diced and the Pokemon all seemed to drool uncontrollably. Wes was so consumed by the task that he had not heard the loud shout from across the mess hall offering him a seat. Finally, he dumped an equal share of berries and juices into the bowls and allowed his partners to eat.

"First breakfast at BTU, let's eat!" he announced and immediately began stuffing his face. The meal was accompanied with many "mmm's" and lip-smacking for the food was delicious.

"Seems to me like we chose the right University to come to, guys!" he exclaimed with a laugh. Growlithe and Dratini sounded their agreement while Shieldon chewed on a berry, too consumed by his food to answer. Wes smiled at the Pokemon's eyes, seeing within them a mixture of happiness and youth. It seemed that today may be the day that Shieldon came out of his shell and faced the world like the strong Pokemon that he was.

Last edited:
Alan shuffled his way onto the moving sidewalk leading towards the Acedemic Building. The fresh morning air was certainly helping to cut back a bit of his nausia as he placed his hand on the pokeballs in his hoodie pocket.

'I wonder if we'll get to battle again on the first day' he thought to himself hopping not to run into that girl he met last night 'not like this' he laughed quietly 'I'm a mess today' the thoughts run through his mind as he takes his first steps towards the acedemic building.

The acedemic building was one of the largest building on campus aside from the Convention centers. Several flights of stairs lead past a large marble statue of the Pokémon Mew. Past that large Greek pillars held up the enormous stone entry way above the large arched door emblazoned with the BTU logo. The blue fires of a Mega Charizard with the words
(Battle-Tech University)
(Perfecting Excellence)
inscribed within.
The building itself was Five stories tall each floor ringed by reflective windows shielding the students inside from the intense morning light on the roof a green chain link fence could be seen enclosing the area.

Passing several students in the doorway Alan had a look around the entrance hall. The high vaulted ceilings were strewn with all manner of banners and awards, records made by students past while the walls were lined with glass display cases filled with the trophies badges and picture of accomplished BTU trainers.

Alan's wonder was cut short by another wave of nausia as he began making his way towards the classroom. "First floor... room 1123" he reminded himself as he walked down the hallways quietly counting off the numbers "1119...1120...1121...1122...1123"
Above the doorway a green plaque read "Professor Larch" Alan nodded to the placque before entering the room.

The room was arranged in a half circle around a podium and a large electronic board. The seats in the lecture hall were stacked like bleachers each row higher than the one before it. In the corner of the room the professor can be seen at his desk. He is a pudgy balding man. Face wrinkled with lines of stress though it was unlikely that he was any older than 40. The man was wearing a tight blue button up shirt with corduroy pants and if he had noticed Alan enter the room he payed him no mind.

Alan made his way up the rows of seats towards the back where he took a spot in the corner and sat down. Removing his class materials from his backpack before putting his head down and waiting for class

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Mike finally finished eating his breakfast and returned his Pokemon to their Pokeballs. He checked his PDA: 7:45. "Crap! It's nearly time to get to class!" Mike said to himself. He remembered the other person that entered the cafeteria. He walked over to the student. "Hey if you're a first year like me you better get moving! It's nearly 8!" Mike said before leaving the cafeteria. "I hope I'm not late for my first class!" he thought.

Mike went to the Academic Building and started looking for Room 1123. When Mike found it entered the room and started walking to the middle of the room. As he sat down he noticed the same hooded person in the mess hall at the back of the room. "Weird, maybe he had a bad day or something," he thought. He checked his PDA once more: 7:55. "I hope not too many people are late..."

Lexie awoke to the feeling of someone gently shaking her. She sat up and yawned. "I must've missed my alarm, I was pretty warn out." She laughed sheepishly and ran her fingers through her hair. "Thank you for waking me up, Jezebel." She smiled before getting out of bed, careful not to wake her pokémon just yet. She dug though her dressers and found a white shirt and blue jeans shorts and slipped them on before putting a slightly oversized maroon sweatshirt. She put on white socks that barely came to her ankle and slipped on navy sneakers. She quickly brushed her teeth and hair. After brushing her hair, she put on a navy baseball cap. "Are you ready to go grab breakfast and then go to class?" She asked Jezebel and she woke her pokémon up. They all say up and yawned, just like their trainer did. Eevee shook his whole body to make the sleepiness escape his body. Sandile crawled up Lexie's arm, so he could take his spot on her head. Totodile just plopped back down in bed and chirped sadly. "Don't be sad Totodile, we're about to go get breakfast." This made Totodile jump up and chirped cheerfully. Lexie couldn't help but laugh.

Jezebel laughed at Totodile's antics. "We'd better be quick; it took a while to get you woken up," Jezebel said, racing toward the cafeteria, leaving the door to the dorm open behind her.

Once in the cafeteria, Jezebel had a simple breakfast of a grilled ham and cheese sandwich while giving her pokemon a salad of chest, pecha, and sitrus berries. By the time everyone had finished eating, she only had twenty minutes to get to class. "Let's hussle, guys!" She said while scooping up Ammon.

Racing through the halls, she nearly had a collision more than once and got lost a time or two in her race against time. She got to class with only two minutes to spare; as there weren't many seats left, she just chose one at the front, too tired from her cross campus dash to want to climb to the others.

Lexie grabbed her back and rushed out the door, making sure to close and lock it behind her. Sandile was still perched on her head. Eevee was standing on her shoulder, trying to get a good look at everything and everybody. She had Totodile in her arms, who was lightly dozing off, his head slight tilting forward. She giggled at her blue crocodile Pokémon. Her other crocodile pokémon was clinging to her hat to stay on while she raced through the campus to get to the cafeteria. Eevee jumped off her shoulder to run along right beside her.

Once she got to the cafeteria, she grabbed and tray with a cup and three bowls for her pokémon's breakfast. She grabbed a bowl of strawberries, a banana, a chocolate chip muffin, and slices of bread for toast. She also grabbed some berries for her pokémon and put them all in their bowls. She popped the bread into the toast and then smeared it with grape jelly. She added some of the pokémon kibble to her team's bowls and got them milk to drink. She and her pokémon sat down and inhaled their food. She disposed of the trash and checked her phone. "OH MY GOD IT'S 7:58!" She squealed. Her pokémon all hoped in her arms and she ran through the cafeteria, knocking people over. She would yell back sorry before continuing to run to her first class. She somehow made it in time and she was completely out of breath. She found a seat and took out a pencil and notebook, just to be prepared if they had to take notes.

After eating, the party took their dishes back up to the woman they met yesterday behind the counter.

"Good morning! Thanks for cleaning these dishes, ma'am." Wes said cheerfully.

"Your welcome, sonny. Such nice students here." she responded partly to herself. Wes waved his farewell while his Pokemon, all clinging to his neck, shoulder, or arms cried there own. Before leaving the mess hall, he checked the clock above the counter and read aloud,

"7:20, I should really get going if I want to find my way to Regional Studies." Growlithe barked, signaling for them to head out the doors. As the group picked their way across the mess hall, Wes took out his PDA to find a map of the campus. He swiped a few times to the right before finding what he was searching for and started to study.

"Okay, it looks like Academic Hall Room 1123 is this way," he pointed out the door, "let's go!" Wes continued out the door and into the bright, warm sunshine of the morning. He grinned at the sky and stood, basking in the sun for some moments before continuing once more. The party followed the map and the signs along the moving sidewalks to their destination. The wind ruffled his hair lightly as they sped along the campus, searching for the building. Finally, the large structure came into view and Wes exited the sidewalk, still bearing the Pokemon on his limbs.

"This is it, guys. The Academic Building-" his voice trailed off as he took in the gigantic structure created solely for the purpose of academics at BTU. As they began to trek up the stairs before the structure, Wes noticed the detailed architecture of the statue that depicted the Legendary Pokemon, Mew, and the inscriptions set ablaze above the arched entrance to the building. He read aloud the inscription to the Pokemon,

"Battle-Tech University, Perfecting Excellence. Sounds pretty important if I do say so myself. We should get going if we don't want to be late, though!" Growlithe barked once more and leaped from his shoulder to race up the stairs and Shieldon squirmed in his grip to follow the Puppy Pokemon. Wes set the Shield Pokemon down and it pursued it's partner up the steps while Dratini slithered onto Wes' head, upsetting his perfected hair.

"Watch the hair, Dratini,” he combed through it and continued, “I suppose that we should catch up!" he exclaimed with a laugh as he chased after the pair of Pokemon already halfway up the steps. He finally caught them and they raced to the entrance, only stopping just before to gather their breaths.

"Time to hop in your Pokeballs, guys. You won't like this Regional Studies class I have a feeling. I'll let you all out afterwards and we can hang out for a bit before the second class starts." Wes explained to the trio of creatures who all looked down in disappointment.

"Don't give me those looks. Let's go!" The young trainer said before pressing the button upon each capsule on his belt. With three flashes of crimson light, the creatures disappeared and Wes was once more alone. He sighed before entering the grand building that was the Academic Hall. A gasp escaped his lips as he looked at the vaulted ceilings, glass displays, and banners. Wes shook himself from the daze of amazement and trotted to Room 1123 with his PDA in hand.

He entered the lecture hall in silence and noticed a small group of people sitting in the bleacher seats. Wes also observed the stout teacher sitting at his desk, which caused him to fidget nervously with his glasses. With a deep inhale he walked to a seat that he picked out towards the bottom of the bleachers.

"Here we go, Wes. Time to show your stuff." he whispered quietly to himself before taking a seat and checking the time. Sure is getting late, and barely anyone is here. Probably still all worn out from orientation and the entrance exam. he thought to himself. Wes placed his feet on the bleacher in front of him and lounged with his hands behind his head. He closed his eyes and began to mentally prepare himself for the day. As if understanding his nerves, the Pokeballs upon his belt quaked with their own personalities. A light quiver from Dratini, a few hearty shakes from Growlithe, and a slow, meaningful quake from Shieldon.

Wes noticed the arriving of Jezebel and Lexie upon opening his eyes and moved down a few bleachers to join them. In the quiet lecture hall, the sound made quite a clamor and Wes looked around dubiously to see if anyone had noticed.

"Good morning, you two. I thought you'd never show up!" he said with a smile as he got himself comfortable on the seats next to the pair.

Last edited:
Lexie smiled as Wes sat down with her and Jezebel. "Good morning Wes!" She said, cheerfully with a smile on her face. She was only slightly out of breath still. "I almost didn't make it. If it wasn't for Jezebel, I'm sure i'd still be asleep." She watched as her pokémon, played at her feet. "If I start falling asleep, will one of you wake me up? I don't know how much I'll enjoy Regional Studies." Not that she thinks it'll be a boring subject, she just sometimes has trouble paying attention, so she just starts to fall asleep. She looked around the room and slightly gasped. "There's almost no one here. I guess most of the students got lost on the way to the lecture hall," She paused for a moment, "Or they're still asleep." She thought about how she almost slept through class, but was thankful to have a roommate who was kind enough to wake her up.

Lexie doodled as the Professor Larch began to talk. She tried her best to pay attention, but she was distracted by Professor Larch's attempt to comb over his balding hair. She began taking notes, so she wouldn't get behind in this course.

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Matthew was surprised. For all those things he said about being excited for school because he was going to make new friends boy was he late getting up. The boy rolled over in his bed and checked his PDA. "It's already 8 am!" the boy shouted, startling his Pokemon as well. "Oh shoot guys we gotta get going!" he shouted. He quickly put Deino and Mareep in their Pokeballs as Chimchar scurried around the room gathering his trainer's school supplies. The little monkey placed them all in the boy's backpack and waited for Matthew to get out of the bathroom. In a matter of 5 minutes Matthew was ready to go.

"I'm so glad we're partners Chimchar." he said, grabbing the bag as the Pokemon hopped onto his trainer's shoulder. Matthew grabbed a granola bar and shoved it in his mouth as he began running. "The Academic Building. That's where I need to go." he said as he ran. He searched high and low for the room and saw no traces of any of his friends anywhere. "I'm gonna be late late late late." the boy repeated as he ran through the halls. Chimchar had been keeping an eye out and pointed to a room. Matthew slid to a stop in front of the door and quickly entered the room. "This room is gigantic." the boy said quietly as not to disturb anyone.

He finally spotted Wes, Jezebel, and Lexi all in the same spot thankfully. He walked over towards them even though he was completely out of breath. He attempted conversation but he just didn't have any air in his lungs to perform such a task. The only things that escaped the boy's mouth were heavy breathing and words masked as heaves of air. He sat down and smacked his face against the desk, hoping to get his breathing back to normal.