• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Sinnoh journey

"nice! you ready to continue? oh, and Andrew are you ready to go?" Max was impatient and ready to hurry to the next city, as both his Kricketot and his Zubat were damaged. He also knew Quinn's Monferno, nicknamed Scorch, fainted from his Swampert's Hydro Cannon.

An Eevee came to Quinn and tackled him so he sent out Pink and told her to use mud bomb. It launched the Eevee into a tree. Then he told Pink to use water pulse taking it to where it almost fainted and then Quinn captured it. "Yes I got an Eevee" Quinn said happily.

Andrew went to the next city to heal his team and put Wormadam and Gyarados in the PC so he would have more room on his team for new Pokémon. After he healed his Pokémon he went looking for new Pokémon. He found a Bidoof "Go Buneary!" Andrew said "Quick attack!" "Bun!" it said attacking Bidoof then it used hyper fang and Buneary started to glow! It evolved in the middle of the battle! "Now finish it with quick attack!" Andrew said.

Max had stayed behind to train his Kricketot and his Zubat when he had finally caught up his pokemon were almost ready to evolve. He fed both his Kricketot and his Zubat a rare candy. Both his pokemon started to glow, and then evolved into Golbat and Kricketune! "Finally, i have enough power to fight the first gym leader."

Andrew went back to where Max and Quinn were and saw that Max's Zubat and Kricketot evolved "Wow." Andrew said to himself thinking on how to beat him if they battled.

Quinn had already battled the first gym so witch was in Oreburgh City so he just went to the mine to search for a thunder stone for Eevee to evolve into Jolteon. He battled a lot of pokemon in the mine so Pink eventually evolved into a Gastrodon. He found the thunder stone and went to go find Andrew ad Max.

Andrew went looking for more Pokémon. He caught Wurmple and a Bonsly after putting Lopunny in the PC. Then he saw Quinn with a thunder stone "Wow you found a thunder stone? Cool!" Andrew said to Quinn.

Max was already inside the gym when Quinn came back. "alright, gyms, the one place I'm not afraid of holding back at. gym leaders always fight with pokemon that have the same skill as yours, witch means i don't have to hold back!"

"luckily, i have the type advantage. Go Swampert! use Rock Smash!" Swampert used its mobility to its advantage and maneuvered at blazing fast speeds dodging all of the attacks, grabbed a boulder and sumersaulted down towards Roark's Onix to deliver blow that cracked the boulder in half, also cracking open Onix at the same time.

Andrew watched as Quinn went to look for more Pokémon. So Andrew did too. He found a Bidoof "Go Starly!" Andrew said "Use gust!" Andrew said. "Good. Use gust again!" then the Bidoof fainted and Starly evolved.

"Onix use pay back!" "Swampert use dig!" Both Max and Roark shouted. Swampert was prepared for an attack like that, so it was ready to use dig before the command was even given. Onix missed, and Swampert came smashing his way through Onix, causing it to faint. "go Graveler!"
"Swampert use Ice Beam to freeze it, then attack with Aqua Tail!" Swampert's reflexes caused him to do the move combo perfectly as he had
gone through the routine multiple times.

Name: Lynn
Pokemon: Chimchar

RP: Lynn looked over her shoulder and saw two guys walking over to their first gym. Weird.. that one kid looks familiar.. She thought. Eh. She stepped into the lab as the Professor greeted her. 10 minutes passed and she chose her new partner, Chimchar. "Alright Chimchar! I choose you!" Lynn shouted as she opened its Poke Ball and it was super hyped. "Chim!" Chimchar leaped into Lynn's arms. "Let's go catch a Pokemon, Chimchar! It'll help on our Gym battle!" Lynn said to Chimchar. He agreed and they headed to some tall grass. "The Professor said if you walk in the tall grass, you'll run into a wild Pokemon! Let's try it!" And they searched until a wild Pokemon finally appeared. It was a Buneary. "Alright, c'mon Chimchar!" He stepped forward. "Now, use Ember!" Chimchar did as it was told. "She looks pretty weak, go Poke Ball!" Lynn threw a Poke Ball at the Buneary. Click! "Cool! I caught my first Pokemon!" Chimchar and Lynn hi-fived each other.

Last edited:
Quinn had found an Onix so he decided to catch it. "Go Pink" he shouted " Use brine." Onix got sent into a wall. Quinn threw a pokeball and captured it. "Awesome a new team member" Quinn said to himself "How about I name you bolder."

"Time to train!" Lynn said to her Chimchar and her new Buneary. 20 minutes passed and they were pooped. They gained such high levels! "Alright, to the Gym! Return, Chimchar! Return, Buneary!" Lynn put both of her Poke Balls in her bag. "Roark, here I come!"

Last edited:
Andrew went into the gym to fight the gym leader. He had a Geodude, a Onix and a Cranidos. He sent out Geodude first "Go Turtwig!" Andrew said "Razor leaf!" and it hit making the Geodude faint and Turtwig evolve. "Return Grotle. Go Bonsly." Andrew said as the gym leader sent out Cranidos and made it use rock throw and making Bonsly faint. "No!" Andrew said "Return. Go Staravia!" "Star!" it said. "Use wing attack!" and with that, his Cranidos fainted the he sent out Onix. "Return. Go Grotle!" Andrew said "Leaf storm!" and then Andrew won the battle.

Max was watching Andrew after the battle he had. "Good job! most of your Pokemon are grass type, witch Onix has a four times weakness to." Max clapped at the performance of Andrew, when a familiar trainer walked in.

One Lynn walked into the Gym, she saw that there were already several Trainers there already. She saw that a Trainer just won his battle. I hope I'll do the same thing that he's doing; cheering. Lynn thought. Then, she started clapping for the Trainer. "Congrats! Maybe we can battle after I finish my battle!" She said to him.

Andrew left the gym to go heal. After that he went looking for Pokémon. He found a Wurmple so he used his Wurmple "Use bug bite!" Andrew said. That made the other Wurmple faint and his evolved into Cascoon.

Max saw the next trainer and decided to stay and watch that battle. "Who knows, she might be an amazing trainer." Max released all his Pokemon to watch the battle with him

Andrew desided to train because he nothing else to do. When he was training his Cascoon and Bonsly evolved so he went and healed and put Dustox and Sudowoodo away in the PC so he could have more room for new Pokémon on his team. And when he was training he caught a Bidoof and a Mime Jr. and also found a shiny stone to evolve Roselia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max was tired of waiting, as this was only his second journey with friends, he had a flashback to the Hoenn region, the magic he felt when he found mirage island, he was impatient and ran ahead, only to run into Aura Wielder Riley!

Andrew sent out Roselia and evolved her with the shiny stone then returned her. And put her in the PC with Wormadam, Gyarados, Lopunny, Dostox and Sudowoodo. Then found a Pichu "Pokeball go!" Andrew said. One...Two...Three...Caught it!

"well then, a lucario. Such a strong pokemon, go Swampert use Scald!" Max shouted. "Lucario use aura sphere" both attacks clashed fiercely
"grrr....." both Pokemon were struggling to blow back the other attack. "Man, its just like a Shonen anime!" max shouted. the beam battle continued, each strengthening their attacks, Lucario was pushing the aura sphere with aura energy, and Swampert kept his attack going by continuing to shoot hot water.

Andrew was looking for Pokémon to catch. He found Kricketot's, Machop's, Combee's and a Munchlax. "Go Bidoof! Hyper fang the Munchlax!" Andrew said. "Good now that's it's weak...Pokeball go!" One...Two...Three...Caught. "Nice. Return Bid...Bidoof your evolving!" Andrew said happily.

Quinn had caught back up to Andrew after a little training and capturing. Quinn had caught a Gible now named Fang. On his way to the others he found a Murkrow he named Blackhat. Once he found Andrew he asked "so have you caught anything new?"

"Oh." Andrew said to Quinn "A few." Andrew said "Mime!" his Mime Jr. said "Wait when did you get out? Return. Well it seems Mime Jr. likes to get out of his Pokeball." Andrew said.

"Well I'm going to go heal my Pokémon." so after Andrew healed and put Bibarel away in the PC. "Ok go Mime Jr.!" Andrew said "Time to train." so Andrew trained his Mime Jr. into it evolved. So he put him away in the PC. After that he went to go catch Pokémon. He caught a Ponyta and a Magby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quinn was training to and evolved Fang and Balloon. He caught a Beldum which is now in the PC. He continued training for a little while but, he got got bored soon. He wandered around for a bit. He found s metal coat in a random cave and took it. He got back to Andrew and asked "Hey do you want to battle?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name: Jack
Pokemon: Prinplup ; Houndoom ; Bagon ; Riolu

Jack was just about to leave Oreburgh City when he saw two trainers about to battle. "This might be interesting. Let's see what they do, Aqua (aka Prinplup.)