• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Superpower High School Roleplay: Karma High

Weird thoughts about lunch:

The way things are rn, it's like every character has at least 2 different people they could be hanging out with, and thus there's a lot of room for inconsistency and clashes here lol

I'm thinking we either:

1. Pre-determine what lunch tables will be and just gloss over it as planned

2. Actually go ahead and rp the whole thing (which means that after the teachers are introduced, we'll skip to lunch, rp that, and then skip to after school, rp that)

Thus the roadmap for day 1 would look like Morning/Homerooms -> Lunch -> After School, which seems reasonable to me tbh, provides a good opportunity for cross-class interactions

Anyway, what do we think about the philosophical and sociological implications of a lunch table and its occupants?

The way things are rn, it's like every character has at least 2 different people they could be hanging out with, and thus there's a lot of room for inconsistency and clashes here lol

I'm thinking we either:

2. Actually go ahead and rp the whole thing (which means that after the teachers are introduced, we'll skip to lunch, rp that, and then skip to after school, rp that)

Thus the roadmap for day 1 would look like Morning/Homerooms -> Lunch -> After School, which seems reasonable to me tbh, provides a good opportunity for cross-class interactions

Anyway, what do we think about the philosophical and sociological implications of a lunch table and its occupants?
we could do a mixture: rp lunch but hash out who sits where beforehand

Pamela- the eternal life of the party, she makes sure everyone there can say what's on their mind. First to leave, almost always, before her powers raises any hackles.

I'm thinking we either:

I second the act out lunch but decide tables beforehand. So that everyone gets fair chances for interactions and we don't overcrowd certain characters who have multiple interactions.

For lunch, I had an idea- what if, during term time, the Cafeteria is actually organised by 3 long dinner tables for each year group (think of the way Hogwarts' is often organised by House).

This would mean that everyone is technically eating lunch with everybody by default, and smaller, more intimate interactions can take place within that!

I think this effectively minimizes the admin involved whilst still making the interactions coherent.

Anyway, I went ahead and introduced the homeroom teachers and such so we can move on with our posts now.

Once we've confirmed what arrangement we'd like for lunch, we can proceed to that too

Last edited:
Would Reggie And Samira fall under House Reps? They are head of Siren and Pegasus.

Precisely, that was exactly who I was referencing. Afaik we don't actually have reps for Chimera and Gryphon (correct me if I'm wrong) so would you actually like to create those too @Cmeriwether ?

You could even link all their stories and such together if that tickles your fancy!

(While I'm here, if you're wondering what exactly each subject covers, check this out:
Heroic Foundations (Professor Amelia Thornheart): This class combines elements of history, ethics, and literature. Students study the historical evolution of heroism, exploring real-life figures and fictional characters. They analyze the ethical dilemmas heroes face and delve into literature that portrays heroism across cultures and time periods.

Powers & Principles (Dr. Victor Sterling): This class encompasses physics, philosophy, and critical thinking. Students explore the scientific principles that could explain superpowers, delving into concepts like energy, force, and motion. They also engage in philosophical discussions about the ethical implications of powers and their impact on society.

Language of Powers (Professor Elena Montoya): Combining language arts and foreign languages, this class focuses on effective communication and cross-cultural understanding among superheroes. Students practice advanced language skills while role-playing scenarios where language plays a crucial role in solving conflicts and building alliances.

Applied Superhero Engineering (Dr. Liam Stone): Integrating mathematics and technology, this class explores the engineering aspects of the superhero world. Students learn how gadgets, vehicles, and equipment are designed to complement superpowers. They engage in hands-on projects, applying mathematical principles to create and optimize superhero tools.
)

Name: Freydis Hagen
Gender/Pronouns: She/her
Sexuality: Asexual/Heteroromantic/Taken
Height: 6'1"
Appearance: Freydis is a very tall, athletic build young woman with pixie cut brown hair and green eyes. Her skin is fair, and normally wears a long sleeved red shirt with black pants. Keep in mind she is has Nordic Ancestry that can be traced to Vikings.
Personality: Freydis is very observant, and will watch over freshman progress. She will critique techniques and will note progress. She can be strict and stern, yet forgiving and calm.
Backstory/History: TBD
Powers:
Gates of Vahalla: Her family passed power, Freydis can call upon spirits of her Ancestors, at a maximum of around 50 for one hour or they die. The spirits look like traditional vikings and are visible to people, like Melanie's Spectral outfits.

Counter: Freydis can counter an attack that she knows is coming (so attacks such Simo Hayha's ability cannot be blocked by this ability). She can block 8 fully and another 12 partially. She still gets hurt if a partial counter is used, but at half the rate. She can only partial block abilities such as Tsugikuni Ginhoshi's Moon Veil Dance, Dean Emery's Godspeed influenced attack or any Physical attacks from Fuyuko Redtail's Spirit Dragon Takeover. These 20 counterattacks have a 250% effectiveness bonus to them.

Unwavering Endurance: Freydis's Endurance is at a level of more than 18 times what some of the strongest normal humans can take. She is dating Damon M. Felix.

Likes: Cooking, Blacksmithing, Swords and other weapons (Can identify them), and Animals (Like Sleeping dogs).
Dislikes: Bullies, Ambushes,

Relationships: Random Freshman (Mentor), Damon M. Felix (Boyfriend),
Other: She could help mentor those that need combat training, or The Likes of Edric. She is also an expert in European 16th century weapons. Her Battle theme claim would be Termination of Desires (Genshin Impact). Counter is what put her in Gryphon

Name: Damon M. Felix
Gender/Pronouns: He/him
Sexuality: Straight/Taken
Height: 6'0"
Appearance: Semi-long Brown-blonde hair with streaks of blue, his frame is somewhat muscular. He has fair skin, and has a tattoo mark on his forehead, similar to a blue dragon. He is commonly seen wearing a white shirt and jeans. He also has a blue colored cloak that he wears during combat.
Personality: Serious, stern, watchful, yet known to Be slightly manipulating, but keeps that to the side unless the student seems unruly. He will keep the group in line as he tests them.
Backstory/History: TBD
Powers:
Draconic Spirit: Blue Dragon

Draconic Features: Damon can Form wings, claws and a tail using the spirit, they don't use much energy to form and wear off at the end of combat.

Breath Weapon: Damon can shoot lightning in a 90 ft line that is 5 ft wide.

Spirit Dragon Takeover: The Spirit Dragon that Inhabits Damon can take over, releasing the Blue Dragon within. He automatically uses his Lightning Breath upon transformation. While in this state, he can perceive the area around him in a 60 ft radius even without vision. He also can see dim light as if it were in bright light and in darkness as if it were in dim light in a 120 ft radius. He can use Frightful Presence, which allows to attempt to make opponents unwilling to move, which would be up to the target's RPer to determine if they would be affected. The Dragon's moves are the Same as a Dnd Blue Dragon's Bite, Claw and Tail Attack. Tail Attack can send opponents in the range of the tail back up to 10ft and can knock them prone (So they are knocked down, but not out), this is determined by the RPer of the targets in the area. The wing attack can send opponents up to 10ft back, and most likely knocked prone (RPer determines distance). It takes a lot to break a Spirit Dragon, and even more so to take down an Ancient level Spirit Dragon. All attacks are 20% more effective than Fuyuko's Gold Dragon Spirit.

For lunch, I had an idea- what if, during term time, the Cafeteria is actually organised by 3 long dinner tables for each year group (think of the way Hogwarts' is often organised by House).

This would mean that everyone is technically eating lunch with everybody by default, and smaller, more intimate interactions can take place within that!

I think this effectively minimizes the admin involved whilst still making the interactions coherent.

Anyway, I went ahead and introduced the homeroom teachers and such so we can move on with our posts now.

Once we've confirmed what arrangement we'd like for lunch, we can proceed to that too
Dean: (thinking about guess-who) You had me at "intimate".

Had an idea for foreign exchange student that shows up later
Name: Hana Ki
Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
Sexuality: No.
Height: 5'5
Appearance:
generated image

Personality: Hana (Or Ki as she prefers to be called) is a mysterious student. She refuses to talk about her family at all, and deflects any mention of them. Hana is cynical and extremely cold towards most people. She has a softer side, but that is rarely ever shown to anyone, even to those close to her. Maintains a thin veil of courtesy, and every move she makes and every word she says is designed to further her lot in life.
Backstory/History: "Not your business!" (TBD)
Powers:
(REDACTED):
Though exact effects and name are unclear, she apparently doesn't need to eat or drink.
Virus: Anyone she bites has their powers replaced with 'Virus' for 1 hour afterwards.
Blood Whip: She can create blood whips through openings in her bloodstream (AKA Wounds). The strength and length of the whip depends on how big the wound is.
Dislikes: Rushed relationships, Starving, Milk, Powers that Force Emotion
Relationships: Adoptive Father
Other: Sleeping Dog
House:
Pegasus
@RhythmThief

Last edited by a moderator:
Had an idea for foreign exchange student that shows up later
Name: Hana Ki
Gender/Pronouns: She/Her
Sexuality: No.
Height: 5'5
Appearance:
generated image

Personality:
Hana (Or Ki as she prefers to be called) is a mysterious student. She refuses to talk about her family at all, and deflects any mention of them. Hana is cynical and extremely cold towards most people. She has a softer side, but that is rarely ever shown to anyone, even to those close to her. Maintains a thin veil of courtesy, and every move she makes and every word she says is designed to further her lot in life.
Backstory/History: "Not your business!" (TBD)
Powers:
(REDACTED):
Though exact effects and name are unclear, she apparently doesn't need to eat or drink.
Virus: Anyone she bites has their powers replaced with 'Virus' for 1 hour afterwards.
Blood Whip: She can create blood whips through openings in her bloodstream (AKA Wounds). The strength and length of the whip depends on how big the wound is.
Dislikes: Rushed relationships, Starving, Milk, Powers that Force Emotion
Relationships: Adoptive Father
Other: Sleeping Dog
House:
Pegasus
@RhythmThief

Accepted!

Concerning our lunch table arrangement, what's the verdict?

I could roll with this idea.

Okay, so I see we have actual teachers now, and class has started, and thank you guys so much for keeping this alive, I’ve been struggling man.

Here, im making the google doc I had before public. It may not apply 100% anymore, but it’s good to have. I’m pretty sure it’s not up to date at all.

Also from new members and swaps, what do I need to add to the information at the start of the thread?

Okay, so I see we have actual teachers now, and class has started, and thank you guys so much for keeping this alive, I’ve been struggling man.

Here, im making the google doc I had before public. It may not apply 100% anymore, but it’s good to have. I’m pretty sure it’s not up to date at all.

Also from new members and swaps, what do I need to add to the information at the start of the thread?

I have Vices for Stefan and Hilda ready as well.

If you, @Blotch'd or @RhythmThief want to edit the doc yourselves, you’ll have to give me your emails (or at least, some random gmail you make to access the doc). If you do end up wanting that, just dm me, but it’s completely up to what you’re comfy with.

Pleasure to see you again, buddy. @Blotch'd and myself have done a bunch of planning already through a Pokecharms conversation- since it requires less kerfuffle than docs, would it be okay if we just add you to the convo?

Then we can merge what we have on the doc with stuff we've already done.

I also use Notion a ton, but afaik that's similar to docs in which you have to exchange emails, mess with access rights, all that jazz

Let's see what my counterpart prefers

Pleasure to see you again, buddy. @Blotch'd and myself have done a bunch of planning already through a Pokecharms conversation- since it requires less kerfuffle than docs, would it be okay if we just add you to the convo?

I also use Notion a ton, but afaik that's similar to docs in which you have to exchange emails, mess with access rights, all that jazz

Oh of course! That sounds like a perfect plan!

Add me in!!! :0

…I have been summoned by a call from beyond.

Man math sucks right guys? Also heyyyy what’s going on!!!

Yeah i don’t really have an explanation this time it just be like that.
OMGFL CRYOOONNNN

YES. Google Docs. Other App. Whatever. I don't care.

The creator on high is back! Instantly made my day! You have been SO missed!

I don't really care. I haven't messed with that sort of stuff before so I'm a newbie at it. @Cryronn the Mudkip just go ahead and look at the privates to get caught up.

AND FIND MR. LEERY!!!
Name: Leery the Dragon (He prefers Mr. Leery)
Gender/Pronouns: It/Them/Him
Sexuality: None
Height: 24 inches
Appearance: A pretty simple puppet with huge old googly eyes; it's a blue dragon and it glitters.
Personality; Decently intelligent, and has no filter whatsoever. He can observe even the smallest things, and likes to watch people. Pretty good at mopping the floor considering his height is half the broomstick.
Backstory/History: A powered human thought it would be deeply amusing to use their powers to make a sentient puppet. Now, even though the human is dead, Leery still lives on, taking the job of a humble substitute and janitor and general stagehand for the principal. Don't ask him how he moves and lift things.
Powers:
Sentience: The effects of an existing power. Allows one to be sentient.
Realism: Leery can imitate what an actual dragon can do. He can fly, roar really loudly, and he can lift heavy objects. He can breath fire too, but he's highly flammable so he doesn't like to.
Likes: Puppet Shows, Jabs, Jokes, Capers, Dupes, Helping his Boss
Dislikes: Burning, Being called Short, Calm People
Relationships: Principal White (Boss)
Other: A once sleeping dog ran off with him once; they never found the dog.
House: None

I just thought this idea was a really amusing way to help Donna get stuff done.
I think you'd like him!

And you better stay for good this time!

Last edited by a moderator:
OMGFL CRYOOONNNN

YES. Google Docs. Other App. Whatever. I don't care.

The creator on high is back! Instantly made my day! You have been SO missed!

I don't really care. I haven't messed with that sort of stuff before so I'm a newbie at it. @Cryronn the Mudkip just go ahead and look at the privates to get caught up.

AND FIND MR. LEERY!!!

I think you'd like him!

And you better stay for good this time!
GRAAAH ILL TRY! SCHOOL IS HARD AND TAKES UP TOO MUCH

T I M E