• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Tellus Discussion

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Alright, so this one is... a little bit out there. It's totally fine if you reject this one - I'm probably stretching the power system quite a bit - but I thought I'd throw this bio into the ring. I do have a simpler backup if this one doesn't end up working out.

I'd appreciate any ideas for this concept. It's a little shaky - this is probably the most ambitious concept I've ever used - so anything helps. If you have any changes - major or minor - to suggest, feel free.

Name: Aella Pantazis
Desire:
Aella doesn't quite know what she wants in life, at least not yet. Her only desire is to figure out what her desire is. This uncertainity led to her receiving a rather odd ability from her Brontea core. She will find one eventually (at least she hopes), but until then, she dedicates herself to finding something she truly cares about.
Faction: Binazuma
Rank/social standing: Military recruit, first rank. Very new to the forces, and has a relatively low reputation.
Appearance:
download.png

Again, created using Charat Genesis.
Personality:
Aella is eccentric and offbeat, with no shortage of energy and vigor. She's sociable and charismatic, albeit a bit overbearing at times. She is volatile and chaotic in nature, with a mischievous streak and a tendency to take things less seriously than she probably should.

Unbeknownst to most, however, Aella isn't the innocent youth she appears to be. Her moral compass is questionable at best - though there are lines she will not cross, she has done things that others might find... appalling.... in the past. She's remarkably resilient and numbed to a lot of things that no one of her age should be even thinking about.

Even deeper beneath the surface, Aella hides a general insecurity and lack of direction. After spending years doing anything and everything that made her money and provoked excitement, she hasn't found anything she's truly passionate about, and that scares her. She resents the fact that nothing in her life is ever concrete, not even her power.

Tech: She has a wide variety of assorted tech, obtained as payment for some of her previous... missions. (I say assorted because I haven't fully decided yet. Oops.)

Backstory:
(Might fix this up later. I was kinda in a rush to get this posted.)

Aella has had it rough. She was born in Lunaria, living a relatively normal childhood until the age of thirteen. Her parents had been obsessively seeking out Brontea cores for reasons unknown to Aella, and somewhere along the line, they went out one day to continue their search and didn't come back.

Since then, Aella has had to fend for herself. After realizing that she would be unable to balance attending school and making enough of an income, she dropped out of school and took up a relatively mundane job not far from where she lived. It wasn't much, and she hated it with a passion, but she didn't have much else of a choice.

Around the age of fourteen, Aella was walking home from work. She had been working late into the night, and the back streets were generally quite unpopulated at this hour. Suddenly, her attention was caught by something out of the corner of her eye - she never did learn what it was - and that lapse of attention led her to trip. Specifically, on a Brontea core, as she deduced later. Upon hitting the ground, she promptly hit her head and passed out.

--

She automatically assumed that she was dead when she found herself in an endless white void, feeling nothing but.... nothingness. However, that theory was quickly proved incorrect when someone? something? started speaking inside her head. It asked her one question: "What is your heart's desire?"

Aella replied back with a good old mental shrug, because she was just too tired to be dealing with whatever the hell this was.

Looking back, she probably should have taken the voice more seriously.

In that moment, she felt like reality itself was judging her. (Not that unfamiliar of a feeling, actually.)

As quickly as she had found herself in the void, the void was gone, and she was laying on the pavement where she had fallen.

Surprisingly enough, she was uninjured from what she could tell. Huh. Maybe that water she'd drank earlier had been spiked or something.

It took her until she got home to notice the fact that her hands were sparkling.

Okay, so that ruled out the spiked drink theory. And pretty much every other theory. Except one.

Damn.

--

It took some time, but Aella eventually figured out that her Brontea core seemed to be awfully indecisive. How fitting.

She came up with a theory. Maybe, if she finally figured out what she wanted in life, her core would actually make up its mind like it was supposed to.

So she started doing anything and everything. She moved to Binazuma, hoping that the change would shake things up a little and open up new avenues. She lived on the streets for some time, struggling to find footing in this vastly different society. This eventually turned into her becoming a jack-of-all-trades freelancer, able to complete tasks with the aid of her Brontea core.

She doesn't know when her tasks began to shift in a rather unethical direction, but she didn't think much of it at the time. She needed to find her purpose. And she'd do whatever it took.

After a rather difficult night and a narrow escape from a tight situation, Aella came to the realization that this was not working. She wasn't happy.

She ended up joining the military (on a coin flip, it was between that or trying to go back to school), hoping that maybe, this would be different. After all, she didn't really know what else to do.

Appearance:
When she fused with her Brontea core, it shattered into small shards that have now embedded themselves into her hands. They are quite small, ranging from the size of a small coin to the size of a small insect. They are white in color by default, but may change depending on the ability that she is using at the time. She's still mad that she didn't get a cool gemstone like everyone else, but on the bright side, she can do extra-jazzy jazz hands.
Category: I have absolutely no idea please help
Ability:
Reflecting the transient nature of her desires, her power is constantly shifting and changing. Her ability changes seemingly at random, and she doesn't have control over when or how it changes. She might be using telekinesis one minute and accidentally starting fires the next.

She has figured out a few things about her ability. For one, they aren't all that powerful. Her power will always be weaker than that of a typical Brontea core user. She can only have one ability at a time. The ability seems to vaguely reflect her short-term wants - for example, if she finds her biggest desire at the moment to be for a bit of water, she might gain the ability to seek out or even generate water. If her biggest desire is to flee a situation, she might gain enhanced speed.

Evolution: None yet. However, I intend for her to have one at some point - when she finally figures out what she truly desires, her power will evolve accordingly.

Alright, so this one is... a little bit out there. It's totally fine if you reject this one - I'm probably stretching the power system quite a bit - but I thought I'd throw this bio into the ring. I do have a simpler backup if this one doesn't end up working out.

I'd appreciate any ideas for this concept. It's a little shaky - this is probably the most ambitious concept I've ever used - so anything helps. If you have any changes - major or minor - to suggest, feel free.

Name: Aella Pantazis
Desire:
Aella doesn't quite know what she wants in life, at least not yet. Her only desire is to figure out what her desire is. This uncertainity led to her receiving a rather odd ability from her Brontea core. She will find one eventually (at least she hopes), but until then, she dedicates herself to finding something she truly cares about.
Rank/social standing: Military recruit, first rank. Very new to the forces, and has a relatively low reputation.
Appearance:
View attachment 945463
Again, created using Charat Genesis.
Personality:
Aella is eccentric and offbeat, with no shortage of energy and vigor. She's sociable and charismatic, albeit a bit overbearing at times. She is volatile and chaotic in nature, with a mischievous streak and a tendency to take things less seriously than she probably should.

Unbeknownst to most, however, Aella isn't the innocent youth she appears to be. Her moral compass is questionable at best - though there are lines she will not cross, she has done things that others might find... appalling.... in the past. She's remarkably resilient and numbed to a lot of things that no one of her age should be even thinking about.

Even deeper beneath the surface, Aella hides a general insecurity and lack of direction. After spending years doing anything and everything that made her money and provoked excitement, she hasn't found anything she's truly passionate about, and that scares her. She resents the fact that nothing in her life is ever concrete, not even her power.

Tech: She has a wide variety of assorted tech, obtained as payment for some of her previous... missions. (I say assorted because I haven't fully decided yet. Oops.)

Backstory:
(Might fix this up later. I was kinda in a rush to get this posted.)

Aella has had it rough. She was born in Lunaria, living a relatively normal childhood until the age of thirteen. Her parents had been obsessively seeking out Brontea cores for reasons unknown to Aella, and somewhere along the line, they went out one day to continue their search and didn't come back.

Since then, Aella has had to fend for herself. After realizing that she would be unable to balance attending school and making enough of an income, she dropped out of school and took up a relatively mundane job not far from where she lived. It wasn't much, and she hated it with a passion, but she didn't have much else of a choice.

Around the age of fourteen, Aella was walking home from work. She had been working late into the night, and the back streets were generally quite unpopulated at this hour. Suddenly, her attention was caught by something out of the corner of her eye - she never did learn what it was - and that lapse of attention led her to trip. Specifically, on a Brontea core, as she deduced later. Upon hitting the ground, she promptly hit her head and passed out.

--

She automatically assumed that she was dead when she found herself in an endless white void, feeling nothing but.... nothingness. However, that theory was quickly proved incorrect when someone? something? started speaking inside her head. It asked her one question: "What is your heart's desire?"

Aella replied back with a good old mental shrug, because she was just too tired to be dealing with whatever the hell this was.

Looking back, she probably should have taken the voice more seriously.

In that moment, she felt like reality itself was judging her. (Not that unfamiliar of a feeling, actually.)

As quickly as she had found herself in the void, the void was gone, and she was laying on the pavement where she had fallen.

Surprisingly enough, she was uninjured from what she could tell. Huh. Maybe that water she'd drank earlier had been spiked or something.

It took her until she got home to notice the fact that her hands were sparkling.

Okay, so that ruled out the spiked drink theory. And pretty much every other theory. Except one.

Damn.

--

It took some time, but Aella eventually figured out that her Brontea core seemed to be awfully indecisive. How fitting.

She came up with a theory. Maybe, if she finally figured out what she wanted in life, her core would actually make up its mind like it was supposed to.

So she started doing anything and everything. She moved to Binazuma, hoping that the change would shake things up a little and open up new avenues. She lived on the streets for some time, struggling to find footing in this vastly different society. This eventually turned into her becoming a jack-of-all-trades freelancer, able to complete tasks with the aid of her Brontea core.

She doesn't know when her tasks began to shift in a rather unethical direction, but she didn't think much of it at the time. She needed to find her purpose. And she'd do whatever it took.

After a rather difficult night and a narrow escape from a tight situation, Aella came to the realization that this was not working. She wasn't happy.

She ended up joining the military (on a coin flip, it was between that or trying to go back to school), hoping that maybe, this would be different. After all, she didn't really know what else to do.

Appearance:
When she fused with her Brontea core, it shattered into small shards that have now embedded themselves into her hands. They are quite small, ranging from the size of a small coin to the size of a small insect. They are white in color by default, but may change depending on the ability that she is using at the time. She's still mad that she didn't get a cool gemstone like everyone else, but on the bright side, she can do extra-jazzy jazz hands.
Category: I have absolutely no idea please help
Ability:
Reflecting the transient nature of her desires, her power is constantly shifting and changing. Her ability changes seemingly at random, and she doesn't have control over when or how it changes. She might be using telekinesis one minute and accidentally starting fires the next.

She has figured out a few things about her ability. For one, they aren't all that powerful. Her power will always be weaker than that of a typical Brontea core user. She can only have one ability at a time. The ability seems to vaguely reflect her short-term wants - for example, if she finds her biggest desire at the moment to be for a bit of water, she might gain the ability to seek out or even generate water. If her biggest desire is to flee a situation, she might gain enhanced speed.

Evolution: None yet. However, I intend for her to have one at some point - when she finally figures out what she truly desires, her power will evolve accordingly.
A very interesting take. An outlier for sure but I think we can make it work.

First off, I love the idea of a desire to find a purpose. That’s a very human feeling that I’m sure everyone can empathize with so I don’t wanna shut that down. However, in order to follow the rules I set for the universe in lore that will be further explained as the story goes on, Brontea cores cannot exist without a firm desire, so that part needs some adapting.

There are a few options I could see going with for the power and desire combos. You don’t have to go with one of these but hopefully they’ll help give you an idea of options

1. The desire to find a purpose. Extension. Allows her a sort of clairvoyance that guides her towards whatever her desire is at the moment.

2. (These are personally my favorite) The desire to have the right motivation/the desire to have the freedom to change/the desire to adapt and grow (Whichever you go with it’s based on wanting to be flexible and well rounded). Internalization. Allows her to adapt her powers to give a slight advantage in any situation.

3. The desire to be undefined/unrestricted. Internalization. Her power would be similar to Kite’s from hxh and would fully lean into the randomness. She would have a list of a few different abilities and whenever she activates her Brontea she would be randomly assigned one and stuck with that for X amount of time (Thinking at least an hour). If you go with this I’d make you use rng to determine which power she got upon activation to ensure there isn’t just crazy plot armor.

4. The desire to be as motivated as others. Internalization. Just a straight up copy ability

5. The desire to create a purpose. Manifestation. She can create a temporary and weaker replica of powers she has seen before

For those of you not in the discord, I forgot to mention the threads up! https://forums.pokecharms.com/threads/tellus-rp.29904/ (Ask to Join - Tellus Rp)
If you have any questions, please let me know. And for those of you were still waiting for a bio from don't worry, I'll find a way to add you in.

Remember everyone, it's primarily an open world and self-driven rp. You'll get out of this what you put in. I'll drive the overarching plot and do what I can do get interactions in for everyone but there's only so much I can do for 10+ OCs, I won't be able to give everyone equal attention all the time. Please come to me with any plot ideas you may have in mind!

Side note: I updated the links for all the character bios so feel free to use those again

Last edited:
Been having an itch to make a techy character for some time now and decided to act on it lol.
He can be introduced at some later point, but at least I got the character sheet up.

Name: Daido Takudo
Desire: (not sure if I need to fill this out since Daido doesn't own a brontea core)
Rank/social standing: Engineer in the weapon development unit, specializing in equipment and weapons that utilize tontrium.

Appearance: Daido stands around 5" 7 with a slim build that makes him look lanky despite his average height. He has reddish brown hair which appears straight and reaches about to his ears that's usually shaggy and unkept. He's quite pale, but people usually attribute it to him spending so much time inside. His eyes are brown and usually carry a little spark in them, even when he's deep in focus while working. Daido's facial features aren't anything too remarkable, appearing quite average, though he has a notable feature of having a gap in between his upper front teeth.

As for clothing and accessories, Daido is mostly seen in his work clothes, which consists of a black long sleeved shirt, a jacket in different tones of white, gray and a some light blue for highlights. For pants he has dark grey jeans that seem to have seen better days with permanent stains and some tear in the legs. For accessories, Daido has a single piercing by his left ear and wears a simple metallic stud earing. He is also often seen wearing glasses as he's nearsighted, but may take them off every now and then if he needs to work with something small and up close.
1648754479925.png

Personality: Daido is a friendly individual who seemingly get's along with most people, but struggles at times with people outside his field of work. He has a positive and an upbeat personality, with him cracking jokes here and there. Don't let his more bubbly side fool you though, he's quite committed to his work and is very hardworking, sometimes working hours on end without a break if he goes into the "zone" as he describes it. He's very smart and is fascinated with the nature of tontrium and how varied it's use can be. He tries to think both on the practical side, but also "impractical" with trying to do something fun or incorporate some sort of design onto his work.

Tech: Tinkering tools as well as other basic engineering tools. A laptop with coupled with a few memory cards, USB-sticks and alike. Are phones something that exists in Binazuma?

Backstory: Daido comes from a working class family with his parents co-owning a mechanics shop together to repair larger machinery or vehicles and an older brother who works in the medical development unit. His parents managed to live a decent life despite not having the most pristine job, but it payed the bills and got food to the table as work never seemed to end for Mr. and Mrs. Takudo thanks to the tech heavy society that they lived in. Daido had been interested in the innerworkings of mechanics and such from an early age, having fond memories of playing with a magnetic building set together with his brother. Both of the young Takudo's proved to be academically gifted, though in different ways. Daido proved himself to be very tech-savvy by breaking apart his toys and putting them back together, sometimes making some improvements to them with the help of his parents. His imagination seemed to know now bounds as he often doodled up his miracle projects as a child. His brother on the other hand was more book smart and the two would often help each other with their studies if the other one was struggling with something in particular.

As the years rolled by the two brothers continued to study and improve their skillsets, one point moving to the capital so they could better further their studies, Daido landing in the engineering side of things and his older brother in medicine. The brothers soon found themselves drift apart slightly due to Daido finishing school earlier than his older brother and needing to move on with his life to find work, though the two did their best to keep contact. Eventually Daido found work in being an assistant tech developer, but it felt more like a glorified 'errand-boy' position. Never the less, he slowly managed to climb the ranks through proving his skills and willingness to learn and improve to eventually land his current position. Even after long hours he finds himself tinkering away at his own little personal projects, most of them just for fun or to experiment ever so slightly.

(No brontea core)

Last edited:
Been having an itch to make a techy character for some time now and decided to act on it lol.
He can be introduced at some later point, but at least I got the character sheet up.

Name: Daido Takudo
Desire: (not sure if I need to fill this out since Daido doesn't own a brontea core)
Rank/social standing: Engineer in the weapon development unit, specializing in equipment and weapons that utilize tontrium.

Appearance: Daido stands around 5" 7 with a slim build that makes him look lanky despite his average height. He has reddish brown hair which appears straight and reaches about to his ears that's usually shaggy and unkept. He's quite pale, but people usually attribute it to him spending so much time inside. His eyes are brown and usually carry a little spark in them, even when he's deep in focus while working. Daido's facial features aren't anything too remarkable, appearing quite average, though he has a notable feature of having a gap in between his upper front teeth.

As for clothing and accessories, Daido is mostly seen in his work clothes, which consists of a black long sleeved shirt, a jacket in different tones of white, gray and a some light blue for highlights. For pants he has dark grey jeans that seem to have seen better days with permanent stains and some tear in the legs. For accessories, Daido has a single piercing by his left ear and wears a simple metallic stud earing. He is also often seen wearing glasses as he's nearsighted, but may take them off every now and then if he needs to work with something small and up close.
(I'll probs draw him at some point)

Personality: Daido is a friendly individual who seemingly get's along with most people, but struggles at times with people outside his field of work. He has a positive and an upbeat personality, with him cracking jokes here and there. Don't let his more bubbly side fool you though, he's quite committed to his work and is very hardworking, sometimes working hours on end without a break if he goes into the "zone" as he describes it. He's very smart and is fascinated with the nature of tontrium and how varied it's use can be. He tries to think both on the practical side, but also "impractical" with trying to do something fun or incorporate some sort of design onto his work.

Tech: Tinkering tools as well as other basic engineering tools. A laptop with coupled with a few memory cards, USB-sticks and alike. Are phones something that exists in Binazuma?

Backstory: Daido comes from a working class family with his parents co-owning a mechanics shop together to repair larger machinery or vehicles and an older brother who works in the medical development unit. His parents managed to live a decent life despite not having the most pristine job, but it payed the bills and got food to the table as work never seemed to end for Mr. and Mrs. Takudo thanks to the tech heavy society that they lived in. Daido had been interested in the innerworkings of mechanics and such from an early age, having fond memories of playing with a magnetic building set together with his brother. Both of the young Takudo's proved to be academically gifted, though in different ways. Daido proved himself to be very tech-savvy by breaking apart his toys and putting them back together, sometimes making some improvements to them with the help of his parents. His imagination seemed to know now bounds as he often doodled up his miracle projects as a child. His brother on the other hand was more book smart and the two would often help each other with their studies if the other one was struggling with something in particular.

As the years rolled by the two brothers continued to study and improve their skillsets, one point moving to the capital so they could better further their studies, Daido landing in the engineering side of things and his older brother in medicine. The brothers soon found themselves drift apart slightly due to Daido finishing school earlier than his older brother and needing to move on with his life to find work, though the two did their best to keep contact. Eventually Daido found work in being an assistant tech developer, but it felt more like a glorified 'errand-boy' position. Never the less, he slowly managed to climb the ranks through proving his skills and willingness to learn and improve to eventually land his current position. Even after long hours he finds himself tinkering away at his own little personal projects, most of them just for fun or to experiment ever so slightly.

(No brontea core)
Definitely accepted! And yeah, Binazuma has phones

Haha characters go brrr-
jk
wanted to try and make a significant figure and The Lady of The Blue Flame gave me a nice chance to create a fire user

Name: Vera, though is also referred by her title of "Lady of the blue flame"
Desire: "To provide safety to others"
Faction: Tusaro
Rank/social standing: Leading figure of the main settlement of Tusaro

Appearance: Vera stands at an average height of 5" 4. She has few soft lines marking her wrinkles, namely crow's feet by her eyes. She has long coal black hair with a couple of silver hair strands and is usually partially braided. Light blue eyes that hold warmth and kindness despite the cold color. She wears sweater tunic together with common pants with generic enough winter boots. What makes her stick out from the others is her long winter coat with fur lining on the large hood, sleeves and the hem of the coat. She usually has her hands inside of her sleeves, only taking them out if she were to use her power or for something mundane.
LadyOfTheBlueFlame.png

Personality: The Lady of the blue flame rules through kindness and strives to be a just leader to guide the way in the cold and harsh land of Tusaro and light the way for others. She listens to the people and makes her decisions through what would be best for them in the long run, while also considering the short term. She understands that most people who seek their way to their land are often criminals or people who have no where else to go, so she is a big proponent of second chance and the possibility of change in others. One must simply have faith. Do not take her kindness for granted though. If one were to take advantage of her generosity or wrong her people, they will be swiftly punished by exile (in most cases at least), though still generous enough to give a warning. She puts her trust in the residents of their village that they've managed to build the same way they put their faith in her. She likes to be apart of the daily lives of people living in the settlement so she can be often be seen wondering around the village or helping anyone who might need her gift or some advise.

Tech: None

While the Vera might not like to speak of her origins much, if one were to ask one of the settlers you will most likely get a rough version of this tale.

In the past Vera was a part of a group searching for refuge in the lands of Tusaro as they had no where else to go for one reason or another. The group was tight knit, though on the surface they seemed like a bunch of misfits, but they were family for one another. All they wanted was to live a life without fear of what would happen to them tomorrow and the search for that life was grueling. Tusaro was a nomads land for a reason. It's harsh coldness had kept the other kingdoms away as it didn't hold anything desirable in it that would make anything worth the conquer. Maybe it was naive. Maybe hope, or even despair, but eventually they found a territory that lacked any nearby settlement or criminal gangs, but it had zero to none useful resources nearby. The group saw it as their next possibility of home. Their start was nothing but smooth, running low on any rations they had from before, their measly attempts to find food or resources in this foreign cold land, the group could do nothing but huddle for warmth by their campfire at the end of each night.

It was a particularly cold night outside with a raging blizzard whipping at their tent with it's freezing wind. They were running out of wood to keep the tents source of heat going as Vera put the last of the fire wood into the small heater stove in the middle of the tent as she was on fire watch duty. She was often seen as the "Big Sister" of the group being the responsible one, the one to comfort you if you were distressed and etc. She knew that if the fire went out they would not last long until the blizzard would claim them. So, in the middle of the night in desperation to keep those she called her family alive she went out to try and find something that would keep the fire going. She knew the foolishness of going outside at such a time in a blizzard, but at least there would be a slight chance of survival unlike if she had just chosen to sit in the tent and watched the last of the embers be snuffed out. At the time she did not know what exactly it was, but she just knew that out there somewhere was something that would help them, make things easier.

She prepared all she could, by putting as many warm clothes as possible on and went outside into the cold night. Her mind seemed clear with it's desire as the sounds of the howling wind and the snow crunching under her boots seemed taunt her. Reminding of the doom that their group would face if she failed them. Suddenly she felt something hit her boot. Maybe it was the distress of her situation, maybe it was destiny, but she was compelled to pick up the mysterious item. In the dark night she couldn't quite tell what it was so in the moment she took off her gloves to try and further inspect whatever she picked up. For a second, she was overwhelmed with her senses, but then it stopped. Feeling as if for a moment, her consciousness had drifted far away from Tusaro with something calling out to her "What is your desire". As confused as she was about her situation, she knew her answer almost immediately. She did not say it. It was more like that wherever she found herself in there was something that read her heart and just in a couple moments she was back in Tusaro. Dazed and confused she looked at her hands to try and inspect whatever she had found, but instead she had two brilliantly blue gemstones embedded inside of her palms. She'd found herself a brontea core. All sort of emotion seemed to swirl inside of the young lady as she immediately went to test out her new ability while she attempted to follow her foot prints back to home base. It didn't take many attempts to produce the first few sparks of her power as in her hand she held a small blue flame. It did not burn her, even if it hovered just a few inches away from her palms. It just gave a warm comforting glow, reassuring her in a sense. The soft glow of the blue ember helped her find her way back and decided to keep watch of the fire for the rest of the night as she placed her flame inside of the heater and kept her focus on it.

After this event Vera was quick to try and teach herself to master her new gift and while it took time, she had already greatly alleviated the need for resources and time which now could be invested elsewhere, as slowly they managed to build a place they could call home. As years rolled by they picked up a few refugees into their settlement and helped them. Some decided to stay and eventually the group of misfits had grown into something that resembled a small town with a tight knit community with Vera, or as she was now referred as "the lady of the blue flame" had taken the role of leader in a sense. It almost came naturally to her. First being the big sister of her family and now she was the one most often consulted if anyone had a problem or needed help. While she did not first like the status of a leader, she eventually realized that the people needed someone to look up to and thus she truly picked up the mantle of "Lady of the Blue Flame"

Brontea Bio
Appearance
: bright blue sapphires in the middle of each of her palms
Category: extension
Ability: Fire generation - One of the gravest dangers of Tusaro is it's un forgiving cold climate, so through the warmth of a flame she would bring others the feeling of security and warmth.
How they found it: (in the backstory)

Evolution: Affirmation
Powered up her gift from simply igniting something or to produce a simple flame to summon great infernos. She acquired this through a great peril when a neighboring settlement had resolved to threats and harassments of her people and would not listen to reason and attempts at diplomacy. The other settlement was run by ruthless criminals who wanted to expand their territory by any means necessary. Going so far as to take one of the younger members of their settlement and threatened to harm them if they would not conform to their demands. Vera would not let the village fall into the hands of such selfish and greedy people, consulting to fear and threats to get what they wanted. This confrontation ignited something inside of her and did something she had never done thus far. Harm another human with her gift. She saw this as the only way to resolve the conflict while keeping the best interests of her settlement in mind. She would vow to herself to never use her gift in such a way unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Haha characters go brrr-
jk
wanted to try and make a significant figure and The Lady of The Blue Flame gave me a nice chance to create a fire user

Name: Vera, though is also referred by her title of "Lady of the blue flame"
Desire: "To provide safety to others"
Faction: Tusaro
Rank/social standing: Leading figure of the main settlement of Tusaro

Appearance: Vera stands at an average height of 5" 4. She has few soft lines marking her wrinkles, namely crow's feet by her eyes. She has long coal black hair with a couple of silver hair strands and is usually partially braided. Light blue eyes that hold warmth and kindness despite the cold color. She wears sweater tunic together with common pants with generic enough winter boots. What makes her stick out from the others is her long winter coat with fur lining on the large hood, sleeves and the hem of the coat. She usually has her hands inside of her sleeves, only taking them out if she were to use her power or for something mundane.

Personality: The Lady of the blue flame rules through kindness and strives to be a just leader to guide the way in the cold and harsh land of Tusaro and light the way for others. She listens to the people and makes her decisions through what would be best for them in the long run, while also considering the short term. She understands that most people who seek their way to their land are often criminals or people who have no where else to go, so she is a big proponent of second chance and the possibility of change in others. One must simply have faith. Do not take her kindness for granted though. If one were to take advantage of her generosity or wrong her people, they will be swiftly punished by exile (in most cases at least), though still generous enough to give a warning. She puts her trust in the residents of their village that they've managed to build the same way they put their faith in her. She likes to be apart of the daily lives of people living in the settlement so she can be often be seen wondering around the village or helping anyone who might need her gift or some advise.

Tech: None

While the Vera might not like to speak of her origins much, if one were to ask one of the settlers you will most likely get a rough version of this tale.

In the past Vera was a part of a group searching for refuge in the lands of Tusaro as they had no where else to go for one reason or another. The group was tight knit, though on the surface they seemed like a bunch of misfits, but they were family for one another. All they wanted was to live a life without fear of what would happen to them tomorrow and the search for that life was grueling. Tusaro was a nomads land for a reason. It's harsh coldness had kept the other kingdoms away as it didn't hold anything desirable in it that would make anything worth the conquer. Maybe it was naive. Maybe hope, or even despair, but eventually they found a territory that lacked any nearby settlement or criminal gangs, but it had zero to none useful resources nearby. The group saw it as their next possibility of home. Their start was nothing but smooth, running low on any rations they had from before, their measly attempts to find food or resources in this foreign cold land, the group could do nothing but huddle for warmth by their campfire at the end of each night.

It was a particularly cold night outside with a raging blizzard whipping at their tent with it's freezing wind. They were running out of wood to keep the tents source of heat going as Vera put the last of the fire wood into the small heater stove in the middle of the tent as she was on fire watch duty. She was often seen as the "Big Sister" of the group being the responsible one, the one to comfort you if you were distressed and etc. She knew that if the fire went out they would not last long until the blizzard would claim them. So, in the middle of the night in desperation to keep those she called her family alive she went out to try and find something that would keep the fire going. She knew the foolishness of going outside at such a time in a blizzard, but at least there would be a slight chance of survival unlike if she had just chosen to sit in the tent and watched the last of the embers be snuffed out. At the time she did not know what exactly it was, but she just knew that out there somewhere was something that would help them, make things easier.

She prepared all she could, by putting as many warm clothes as possible on and went outside into the cold night. Her mind seemed clear with it's desire as the sounds of the howling wind and the snow crunching under her boots seemed taunt her. Reminding of the doom that their group would face if she failed them. Suddenly she felt something hit her boot. Maybe it was the distress of her situation, maybe it was destiny, but she was compelled to pick up the mysterious item. In the dark night she couldn't quite tell what it was so in the moment she took off her gloves to try and further inspect whatever she picked up. For a second, she was overwhelmed with her senses, but then it stopped. Feeling as if for a moment, her consciousness had drifted far away from Tusaro with something calling out to her "What is your desire". As confused as she was about her situation, she knew her answer almost immediately. She did not say it. It was more like that wherever she found herself in there was something that read her heart and just in a couple moments she was back in Tusaro. Dazed and confused she looked at her hands to try and inspect whatever she had found, but instead she had two brilliantly blue gemstones embedded inside of her palms. She'd found herself a brontea core. All sort of emotion seemed to swirl inside of the young lady as she immediately went to test out her new ability while she attempted to follow her foot prints back to home base. It didn't take many attempts to produce the first few sparks of her power as in her hand she held a small blue flame. It did not burn her, even if it hovered just a few inches away from her palms. It just gave a warm comforting glow, reassuring her in a sense. The soft glow of the blue ember helped her find her way back and decided to keep watch of the fire for the rest of the night as she placed her flame inside of the heater and kept her focus on it.

After this event Vera was quick to try and teach herself to master her new gift and while it took time, she had already greatly alleviated the need for resources and time which now could be invested elsewhere, as slowly they managed to build a place they could call home. As years rolled by they picked up a few refugees into their settlement and helped them. Some decided to stay and eventually the group of misfits had grown into something that resembled a small town with a tight knit community with Vera, or as she was now referred as "the lady of the blue flame" had taken the role of leader in a sense. It almost came naturally to her. First being the big sister of her family and now she was the one most often consulted if anyone had a problem or needed help. While she did not first like the status of a leader, she eventually realized that the people needed someone to look up to and thus she truly picked up the mantle of "Lady of the Blue Flame"

Brontea Bio
Appearance
: bright blue sapphires in the middle of each of her palms
Category: manifestation
Ability: Fire generation - One of the gravest dangers of Tusaro is it's un forgiving cold climate, so through the warmth of a flame she would bring others the feeling of security and warmth.
How they found it: (in the backstory)

Evolution: Affirmation
Powered up her gift from simply igniting something or to produce a simple flame to summon great infernos. She acquired this through a great peril when a neighboring settlement had resolved to threats and harassments of her people and would not listen to reason and attempts at diplomacy. The other settlement was run by ruthless criminals who wanted to expand their territory by any means necessary. Going so far as to take one of the younger members of their settlement and threatened to harm them if they would not conform to their demands. Vera would not let the village fall into the hands of such selfish and greedy people, consulting to fear and threats to get what they wanted. This confrontation ignited something inside of her and did something she had never done thus far. Harm another human with her gift. She saw this as the only way to resolve the conflict while keeping the best interests of her settlement in mind. She would vow to herself to never use her gift in such a way unless absolutely necessary.
Looks awesome, she’s accepted!

One note, I mentioned it earlier but I should’ve made it more clear. Elemental powers are actually extension instead of manifestation. The main reason for this is to better utilize their skill set (in this case, being able to make things combust rapidly)z Think of it more like she’s burning the air in front of her to create a flame.

Name: Dean (last name unknown)
Desire: To bring peace to the world.
Faction: Exignis Empire (formerly), currently travelling (constantly)
Rank/social standing: Unknown
Appearance: Blue haired and red-eyed, Dean is an ordinary boy with a dark secret (will be revealed in-RP).
Personality: He has had a major personality change when his parents died. Nowadays, he is dark and serious, with a bit of a light touch. He battles to protect himself and those he cares about. Surprisingly, his attacks are deliberately non-lethal. Before his parents died, he was just an ordinary 13-year-old boy. He loved nature, and was determined to help it grow.
Tech: Mobile phone, spy gear, power packs (like the ones you charge you phone with... the portable ones), cloaking device.
Backstory: His parents ventured to Tusaro, and were eventually murdered. Dean tracked down the murderers while they were killing his parents and attacked them. Dean was nearly killed, but his parents died. Dean eventually found some kind of diamond. It turns out it wasn't a diamond; it was a Brontea core! It turns out that the murderers were his 2 jealous uncles. He ventured by plane to Munte to accidentally figure out the origins of Brontea. He was caught, but then... the people who caught him simply calmed down and walked out. He eventually got used to it. He thinks about revealing more soon.

Brontea Bio
Appearance
: Orange diamond.
Category: Extension
Ability: To calm people down. This can be used to stop people from fighting.
How they found it: Backstory.
Evolution: Affirmation. Eventually. No sacrifice. Just calming down. Then he loses most of his emotions.

Hopefully this is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Dean (last name unknown)
Desire: To bring peace to the world.
Faction: Exignis Empire (formerly), currently travelling (constantly)
Rank/social standing: Unknown
Appearance: Blue haired and red-eyed, Dean is an ordinary boy with a dark secret.
Personality: He has had a major personality change when his parents died. Nowadays, he is dark and serious, with a bit of a light touch. He battles to protect himself and those he cares about. Surprisingly, his attacks are deliberately non-lethal. Before his parents died, he was just an ordinary 13-year-old boy. He loved nature, and was determined to help it grow.
Tech: Mobile phone, spy gear, power packs (like the ones you charge you phone with... the portable ones), cloaking device.
Backstory: His parents ventured to Tusaro, and were eventually murdered. Dean tracked down the murderers while they were killing his parents and attacked them. Dean was nearly killed, but his parents died. Dean eventually found some kind of diamond. It turns out it wasn't a diamond; it was a Brontea core! It turns out that the murderers were his 2 jealous uncles. He ventured by plane to Munte to figure out the origins of Brontea, then Binazuma to learn about the Lightning Lieutenant, then Forentvilles to steal some tontrium weapons. He was caught, but then... the people who caught him simply calmed down and walked out. He eventually got used to it.

Brontea Bio
Appearance
: Orange diamond.
Ability: To calm people down. This can be used to stop people from fighting.
How they found it: Backstory.
Evolution: Affirmation. Eventually. No sacrifice. Just calming down. Then he loses most of his emotions.

Hopefully this is good.
Hi! I like the premise but am gonna need a bit more information before I can accept him. You’ll need to tell me what this “dark secret” is in pms so I can make sure it’s ok with everything’s lore. Also, the odds are a 13 year old kid from Exignis with brontea probably wouldn’t have been able to just go to Binazuma, he probably would’ve been killed on sight. Exignis is the enemy to a lot of nations so he would be met with a lot of speculation and other factions would be unlikely to help him. Additionally, I don’t think Munte would freely distribute the information on the lore of brontea, it’s a tightly guarded secret that only about 3 people there know. They can’t risk telling others and having it get out.

Last edited:
Hi! I like the premise but am gonna need a bit more information before I can accept him. You’ll need to tell me what this “dark secret” is in pms so I can make sure it’s ok with everything’s lore. Also, the odds are a 13 year old kid from Exignis with brontea probably wouldn’t have been able to just go to Binazuma, odds are he would’ve been killed on sight. Exignis is the enemy to a lot of nations so he would be met with a lot of speculation and other factions would be unlikely to help him. Additionally, I don’t think Munte would freely distribute the information on the lore of brontea, it’s a tightly guarded secret that only about 3 people there know. They can’t risk telling others and having it get out.
Damn, I should've thought about that.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Dean if you're willing you could try just not adding a backstory for now, and let it be revealed in-rp slowly

uh also since he's travelling maybe mine n ur characters could be traveling partners instead. ive got some ideas here and there tho so if you try and fix up the bio a bit more and get accepted i'll let you know about them.

after that try to add something unique to the character like a personality trait/design trait so that your character is a bit different from other edgy characters. then instead of him going to Tusaro he could've stayed home and hiss parents got kidnappped or smth. and now he's looking for the people who kidnapped n killed his parents which lets him get a new brontea power instead of your current one plus you did say he likes nature so why dont you do something that surrounds that.

tho if you wanna keep the backstory, remove the part where he learns the things about munte n goes to binazuma + explain or try to explain what the unlces were jealous of. n remove the forentvilles part too cuz most if not all of the parts about his backstory can happen during rp and doesnt need to happen in backstory. (as an added bonus you can flesh him out more)

and lastly, age him up a little cuz a 13 yr old with a setting of an rp like this wouldnt turn out too well for him tbh

Dean if you're willing you could try just not adding a backstory for now, and let it be revealed in-rp slowly

uh also since he's travelling maybe mine n ur characters could be traveling partners instead. ive got some ideas here and there tho so if you try and fix up the bio a bit more and get accepted i'll let you know about them.

after that try to add something unique to the character like a personality trait/design trait so that your character is a bit different from other edgy characters. then instead of him going to Tusaro he could've stayed home and hiss parents got kidnappped or smth. and now he's looking for the people who kidnapped n killed his parents which lets him get a new brontea power instead of your current one plus you did say he likes nature so why dont you do something that surrounds that.

tho if you wanna keep the backstory, remove the part where he learns the things about munte n goes to binazuma + explain or try to explain what the unlces were jealous of. n remove the forentvilles part too cuz most if not all of the parts about his backstory can happen during rp and doesnt need to happen in backstory. (as an added bonus you can flesh him out more)

and lastly, age him up a little cuz a 13 yr old with a setting of an rp like this wouldnt turn out too well for him tbh
A backstory is still required though

| Korutesu |

oop i didnt know backstory was required xd

well in that case maybe he could just try fleshing out what the char did before the events of this and how his lifestyle was, and if he had any connections to anyone or something like that. n you can also explain why the uncles killed the parents or smth

| Korutesu |

hello hello this is number ten of the Vanguard of Makuini "Wheel of Fortune"

Name: Samuel "Sam" Matthews

Desire:
Samuel - "I want to protect my friends!"
Shi - "I will do anything to support anyone!"
Valentino - "I will attack the enemies head on!"

Faction: Formerly Forentvilles, now Makuini

Rank/social standing: Number 10 of the Vanguard.

Appearance: Samuel has light skin, with messy dark hair, and black eyes. As a member of the Vanguard, he wears a jacket (A jacket shirt with white and green lines, with a hood.), with dark pants, and a black scarf. A special white flower is placed in the front pocket of his jacket, which grows only in the mountains of Makuini (more info on flower later). If it is notably more snowy in the mountain range, then Samuel wears goggles, which are used by snowboarders.

Personality: As the "Wheel of Fortune", You can't really expect anything from Samuel. Some days he's lazy, sometimes he's annoying, and more. By doing so, he either annoys people, or make people like him. He does take his job seriously though, and would risk his own life for his mates. Though, that might just be due to his Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Tech: As the "Wheel of Fortune", he specializes in different weapons, a Jack-of-all-Trades, per se. He isn't the master of all of them, though he can use them to a good extent. From a bow, to a sword, Samuel can use any type of weapon given to him. His current weapons are a bow, and a knife. He also has a diary which he uses to talk to his personas, due to them not knowing what's going on if they're inactive.

Backstory: Samuel was a runaway, who before lived in Forentvilles. He was apart of a "perfect" normal family, where they acted like a perfect family, but Samuel being the only child, was abused to force him to be perfect. And, the nation of forentvilles' ruler changed, which made the abuse worse. When he was only thirteen years old, Samuel had run away from home, sprouting Dissociative Identity Disorder in the process. He calls his two other identities, Shi, who's known for being more passive, while the other, Valentino, since he is the more aggressive of the bunch aggressive. Shi was birthed from the deaths of his friends, who were killed by the current ruler of forentvilles, while Valentino was birthed from the aggressiveness of his parents, and their abuse towards him.

The names of the two originated from his friends and family, First, Shi was his old friend, who was killed for "treason" as speaking out against the leader of Forentvilles, it was days and weeks of crying from Sam, and the abuse didn't stop during it.

The other one, Valentino, was the name of his father, who was the one who abused him, being the main source of his despair. Due to the treatment, he forever knows his father's name as his own, though forgiven him since then.

Once he found the right time, He ran outside of Forentvilles, coming face-to-face to a Vanguard Soldier. They assured him that he'd be brought to safety, and he agreed. It was only three days later when Samuel passed out from exhaustion. Blacking out. Once he woke up, he was already following the soldier, like he didn't black out at all. He felt weird too, though he just passed it off as some random event.

The last thing he remembers is sneezing before blacking out again, but when he returned to consciousness, he was already in Makuini. He was given a tiny shack, which he currently resides in. Though remembering what happened to his old friends only years ago, he knew he wanted to protect his new friends, that was his desire. That he had to protect his new friends, since he couldn't protect the old ones. To take a breather, Sam went outside of the hidden city, standing there. Then, a feeling of something, that came from something, somewhere. It was pulling him towards it. What he found was a brontea core, that embedded itself to his hand when Sam touched it.

Brontea Bio
Appearance
: A diamond, which differs in color to whoever wields it (Gray for Sam, White for Shi and Black for Valentino)
Ability:
Samuel - is able to provide shields made from magic, which lets him protect his allies. Depending on the amount and size, it'll take up more power.
Shi - is able to provide healing to those she touches, which lets her support her allies in battle. Depending on how much bruises one has, it takes longer to heal.
Valentino - is able to move the earth, to create earthquakes, from big to small, or to move around boulders, which lets him attack enemy backlines. It's harder to control the bigger the earthquake/boulder he is moving.
How they found it: In Valentino's backstory
Evolution: None, for now

Name: Shi
Personality: Basically the big brother of the three personas, Shi is kind hearted and innocent, and would rather stay in the backlines of a fight. He'd feel sad if he couldn't protect someone they care for, and would protect his allies no matter the price, even risking his own just to save another.
Backstory: The moment Shi woke up, was in a bed of flowers, who went into the world like a newborn baby. Obviously confused, Shi looked around in confusion, then finding a Vanguard soldier. He asked what was going on and why he was here. He didn't understand a bit of what was going on, and Shi knew that something felt.. safe.

First of all, he needed to know his name. An idea popped into his mind, he didn't know what the hell it is, but the name "Shi" would fit. It's like he had a connection to the word, like something from a past life. He didn't mind this feeling. Though, like Sam, he also fainted when he sneezed. It was such a weird feeling too. Now, they were climbing the mountain.. He wondered where they were going..

Soon enough, Shi figured out why there were missing days, it was because he, or the person who created him, had DID. He asked the guy he was traveling with if he had a diary, or a journal or something he could write on, which they did, so he wrote stuff on the page, then stuffing the page into the pocket of his clothes. He also noticed a white flower, which he picked, and placed in his pocket.

Now, he is good friends with Sam and Valentino, and is the support of the team.

Name: Valentino
Personality: Valentino, Unlike Shi, is the complete opposite, normally being the most aggresive of the group, though, like Shi, wants to fight to protect others, though not wanting to risk his own life, he definitely won't sacrifice other's and takes things a bit too far. But he will do anything in his power to protect his friends.
Backstory: Like Shi, Valentino woke up confused, this time in the middle of a snowy, cold weather. He didn't know where he was, obviously, and would clearly ask questions to the only person he was following. The soldier was skeptical, of course, but he passed it off as some kind of disorder or something.

A confused Valentino would go on to find out just like Shi his own name, then find out he is only one of the two personalities of someone's DID. Valentino, being Valentino, was clearly frustrated, cause he wasn't the only one there, but he was also mad at Samuel, for not telling him, even though they were unable to contact eachother. He sneezed once more, returning him back to Sam.

Only days later was he awoken again, only to find out he was in a house, then a piece of paper was found in his pocket. He read it, finding out that he wasn't the only personality. So to balance out Shi's personality, Valentino was the more aggressive of the two, claiming the spot of one of the strongest Vanguard members.

Last edited:
hello hello this is number ten of the Vanguard of Makuini "Wheel of Fortune"

Name: Samuel "Sam" Matthews

Desire:
Samuel - "I want to protect my friends!"
Light - "I will do anything to support anyone!"
Dark - "I will attack the enemies head on!"

Faction: Formerly Forentvilles, now Makuini

Rank/social standing: Number 10 of the Vanguard.

Appearance: Samuel has light skin, with messy dark hair, and black eyes. As a member of the Vanguard, he wears a jacket, with dark pants, and a black scarf. A special white flower is placed in the front pocket of his jacket, which grows only in the mountains of Makuini (more info on flower later). If it is notably more snowy in the mountain range, then Samuel wears goggles, which are used by snowboarders.

Personality: As the "Wheel of Fortune", You can't really expect anything from Samuel. Some days he's lazy, sometimes he's annoying, and more. By doing so, he either annoys people, or make people like him. He does take his job seriously though, and would risk his own life for his mates. Though, that might just be due to his Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Tech: As the "Wheel of Fortune", he specializes in different weapons, a Jack-of-all-Trades, per se. He isn't the master of all of them, though he can use them to a good extent. From a bow, to a sword, Samuel can use any type of weapon given to him. His current weapons are a bow, and a knife.

Backstory: Samuel was a runaway, who before lived in Forentvilles. He was apart of a "perfect" normal family, where they acted like a perfect family, but Samuel being the only child, was abused to force him to be perfect. When he was only seven years old, Samuel had run away from home, sprouting Dissociative Identity Disorder in the process. He calls his two other identities, Light, for being more passive, while the other Dark, since he is aggressive.

When he was ten, it was when he found his brontea core, unknowingly giving his other two personas a brontea power of their own. It was near the mountains of Makuini, which he'd found while running around. For a ten year old, it might seem impossible to climb up a mountain, but because Sam had been living alone for three years out in the wilds, he could most likely do stuff better than some adults could. The only reason he wanted to go up the mountain, was because he wanted to see what out the forest looked like. Though, once he reached the top, he felt a small amount of warmth, coming from somewhere. He didn't notice it at first, though once he got close, he truly felt the heat coming from inside. He pushed the hidden passageway, which revealed to him the city of Makuini, hidden in the mountains.

The city was truly amazing, there were stalls, and stuff everywhere. It was like something out of a fantasy. Though, once he went inside, he immediately passed out, being hit by one of the soldiers to knock him out. It was only days before he woke up again, face-to-face with the legend, Zero himself. Soon after pleading innocent of being a spy of a different country, Sam was given his own house. He lived there for several years, until finally joining the Vanguard himself, along with Light and Dark, of course.

Brontea Bio
Appearance
: A diamond, which differs in color to whoever wields it (Gray for Sam, White for Light and Black for Dark)
Ability:
Samuel - is able to provide shields made from magic, which lets him protect his allies. Depending on the amount and size, it'll take up more power.
Light - is able to provide healing to those she touches, which lets her support her allies in battle. Depending on how much bruises one has, it takes longer to heal.
Dark - is able to move the earth, to create earthquakes, from big to small, or to move around boulders, which lets him attack enemy backlines. It's harder to control the bigger the earthquake/boulder he is moving.
How they found it: In backstory
Evolution: None, for now
You’ll need to make the edits we discussed in discord
@.@ What the...?
:'| Oh, well. I'll change it again.
EDIT: Changed again.
It’s an improvement, but a 13 year old starting with the secrets of the world and who can just claim whatever they want from a nation is a bit too good. And I’d still like to see a lot more descriptions.

For now I think I’m gonna have to reject the bio, I appreciate the interest though!

| Korutesu |

You’ll need to make the edits we discussed in discord

It’s an improvement, but a 13 year old starting with the secrets of the world and who can just claim whatever they want from a nation is a bit too good. And I’d still like to see a lot more descriptions.

For now I think I’m gonna have to reject the bio, I appreciate the interest though!
And (i think) it's finished! Have a mini bio for Shi and Valentino, and aged Samuel up a bit more to try and make it a tad more reasonable.

Oh and he'll switch personalities by one, sneezing, or two, fainting.

And (i think) it's finished! Have a mini bio for Shi and Valentino, and aged Samuel up a bit more to try and make it a tad more reasonable.

Oh and he'll switch personalities by one, sneezing, or two, fainting.
It’s definitely a lot better but there’s still some issues with Sam’s backstory.

To flee from Forentvilles to Lunaria he’d have to cross through Selva… which means he’d probably be dead. Also the best Lunarians can’t find Makuini and they’ve done a lot more than live in the wilds for 3 years. You have to climb Mt. Everest while a bunch of insanely strong monsters are trying to kill you.

It would be best to say a Makuini Vanguard member rescued him from Forentvilles… that’s kinda their main mission anyway.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Decided to make another character, because why not?

Name: Alexander Jackson (Fake name to hide his identity, real last name is Maelstrom.)

Alias: The Immortal Maelstrom (Florentvilles Urban Legend)

Desire: " I wish I could steal the years from my enemies so that I can outlive them all. "

Faction: (Formerly) Florentvilles, (Current) None (Acts as a travelling mercenary, though currently holding residence in Cairo, Rahmilahr)

Rank/social standing: (Formerly) High-ranked Florentvilles Soldier, (Current) Travelling Mercenary

Appearance: Maelstrom stands at around 6'5" tall, with a tanned caucasian complexion and a semi-muscular physique. His cherry-red hair is long and spiky, growing back and down his head, to just above his shoulders. He also has coal-black eyes and some battle scars across his body, most notably some bullet wounds across his chest and arms, and a slash across the top left of his face going diagonally down to the bottom right corner, along with a smaller scar going upwards across the leftmost edge of his lips.

Clothing: Maelstrom does well to hide his figure, using a white, mouthless mask to hide his face, alongside a dark-purple shawl and a large, black cloak to hide the rest of him. Underneath, he wears simple bright-red tank top, a black belt with silver parts and dark-gray jeans with large boots matching in colour to his cloak. He keeps his two blades holstered on each side of his belt, while his crossbow is equipped on a strap hung over his shoulder. The cloak is large enough to hide all three weapons when wrapped around his whole body.

Personality: Though he used to be quite energetic and upfront, Maelstrom had to force himself to act calmer and more reserved to keep his cover from being blown. After all, he didn't want to attract any unnecessary attention, be it friend or foe. But, as intimidating his physique may seem, he really quite humble and kind once he knows he can put at least a little speck of trust in someone. By all means though, this friendliness does not translate into weakness and should not be taken lightly.

Tech: Two cybernetic enhancement, those being an autonomous tontrium heart and autonomous tontrium lungs, both allowing him to have a constant blood flow and limitless air and stamina, making breathing obsolete and allowing him to be just fine in environments without oxygen in terms of getting air (say, in a smoke cloud, on a mountain top or underwater). As for weapons, Maelstrom has a tontrium crossbow capable of shooting any rod-shaped projectile, electrically charges any conductive material placed into it and whose projectiles launch much quicker and longer than normal crossbows. In addition, he also has two tontrium khopesh, who's handles are capable of being interlocked to form a two-headed glaive and who's handguards have a hidden button that allows the blades to be electrically charged with a press. With another, the charging stops and the remaining voltage is discharged into whatever next thing the blades hit. Though he doesn't carry it on his person, Maelstrom had buried his old armour somewhere in Florentvilles, deep beneath the ground. Only he knows where and he refuses to dig it up until it is needed again.

Backstory: Maelstrom was born in an era before Florentvilles took a turn for the worst. An era where the nation thrived, where people could come together to live in relative harmony. He himself was content with his work - a soldier in the armed forces. With his eagerness and quite the many talents, he rose through the ranks from recruit to quite the high rank. To be fair however, it wasn't like being a soldier was much of a challenge back then, what with his nation having so much on their side.

Still, he remained loyal to the cause and it was this loyalty, along with the many displays of his talents, that got him promoted. He was offered ranks above a soldier multiple times, such as becoming a general to plan out the next attacks. But, Maelstrom really just felt at home in the midst of the battlefield, where adrenaline rushed at a constant and danger lurked around every corner. It was due to this that he was eventually granted a brontea core of his own.

However, things would end up darkening for the man's future, as one day, the world had turned upside down. Greed and Corruption had befallen his nation, all thanks to this new disgusting, traitorous bastard of an heir. It was not just this that caused the man to quit the army, but defect from the nation itself and go undercover. Now, he's left with no choice but to wander the world and deal in contracts and hits, ever so hopeful that eventually, just some oh so lucky day, the opportunity to stand proud fighting for a great nation will re-appear again.

Appearance: Maelstrom's brontea takes place as his eyes and as round gems at the center of his hand's palms. They glow whenever he activates his power, making his eyes glow within his mask.

Ability: Allows the user to drain the youth of beings through his hands, which is stored within them and can then be used to age or de-age themselves at a whim. While drained of age, a target starts rapidly aging until they become but a wrinkly, shrivelled up corpse that even just a gust of wind can push it over and turn it into a pile of dust.

How they found it: Explained in Backstory

Evolution:
Adaption - Pre-acquired due to having lived so long already
" I wish I could make my loved ones live long lives, just like I can. "
Allows the user to transfer stored age into someone else's body, allowing them to de-age the target.

Decided to make another character, because why not?

Name: Alexander Jackson (Fake name to hide his identity, real last name is Maelstrom.)

Alias: The Immortal Maelstrom (Florentvilles Urban Legend)

Desire: " I wish I could steal the years from my enemies so that I can outlive them all. "

Faction: (Formerly) Florentvilles, (Current) None (Acts as a travelling mercenary, though currently holding residence in Cairo, Rahmilahr)

Rank/social standing: (Formerly) High-ranked Florentvilles Soldier, (Current) Travelling Mercenary

Appearance: Maelstrom stands at around 6'5" tall, with a tanned caucasian complexion and a semi-muscular physique. His cherry-red hair is long and spiky, growing back and down his head, to just above his shoulders. He also has coal-black eyes and some battle scars across his body, most notably some bullet wounds across his chest and arms, and a slash across the top left of his face going diagonally down to the bottom right corner, along with a smaller scar going upwards across the leftmost edge of his lips.

Clothing: Maelstrom does well to hide his figure, using a white, mouthless mask to hide his face, alongside a dark-purple shawl and a large, black cloak to hide the rest of him. Underneath, he wears simple bright-red tank top, a black belt with silver parts and dark-gray jeans with large boots matching in colour to his cloak. He keeps his two blades holstered on each side of his belt, while his crossbow is equipped on a strap hung over his shoulder. The cloak is large enough to hide all three weapons when wrapped around his whole body.

Personality: Though he used to be quite energetic and upfront, Maelstrom had to force himself to act calmer and more reserved to keep his cover from being blown. After all, he didn't want to attract any unnecessary attention, be it friend or foe. But, as intimidating his physique may seem, he really quite humble and kind once he knows he can put at least a little speck of trust in someone. By all means though, this friendliness does not translate into weakness and should not be taken lightly.

Tech: Two cybernetic enhancement, those being an autonomous tontrium heart and autonomous tontrium lungs, both allowing him to have a constant blood flow and limitless air and stamina, making breathing obsolete and allowing him to be just fine in environments without oxygen in terms of getting air (say, in a smoke cloud, on a mountain top or underwater). As for weapons, Maelstrom has a tontrium crossbow capable of shooting any rod-shaped projectile, electrically charges any conductive material placed into it and whose projectiles launch much quicker and longer than normal crossbows. In addition, he also has two tontrium khopesh, who's handles are capable of being interlocked to form a two-headed glaive and who's handguards have a hidden button that allows the blades to be electrically charged with a press. With another, the charging stops and the remaining voltage is discharged into whatever next thing the blades hit. Though he doesn't carry it on his person, Maelstrom had buried his old armour somewhere in Florentvilles, deep beneath the ground. Only he knows where and he refuses to dig it up until it is needed again.

Backstory: Maelstrom was born in an era before Florentvilles took a turn for the worst. An era where the nation thrived, where people could come together to live in relative harmony. He himself was content with his work - a soldier in the armed forces. With his eagerness and quite the many talents, he rose through the ranks from recruit to quite the high rank. To be fair however, it wasn't like being a soldier was much of a challenge back then, what with his nation having so much on their side.

Still, he remained loyal to the cause and it was this loyalty, along with the many displays of his talents, that got him promoted. He was offered ranks above a soldier multiple times, such as becoming a general to plan out the next attacks. But, Maelstrom really just felt at home in the midst of the battlefield, where adrenaline rushed at a constant and danger lurked around every corner. It was due to this that he was eventually granted a brontea core of his own.

However, things would end up darkening for the man's future, as one day, the world had turned upside down. Greed and Corruption had befallen his nation, all thanks to this new disgusting, traitorous bastard of an heir. It was not just this that caused the man to quit the army, but defect from the nation itself and go undercover. Now, he's left with no choice but to wander the world and deal in contracts and hits, ever so hopeful that eventually, just some oh so lucky day, the opportunity to stand proud fighting for a great nation will re-appear again.

Appearance: Maelstrom's brontea takes place as his eyes and as round gems at the center of his hand's palms. They glow whenever he activates his power, making his eyes glow within his mask.

Ability: Allows the user to drain the youth of beings through his hands, which is stored within them and can then be used to age or de-age themselves at a whim. While drained of age, a target starts rapidly aging until they become but a wrinkly, shrivelled up corpse that even just a gust of wind can push it over and turn it into a pile of dust.

How they found it: Explained in Backstory

Evolution:
Adaption - Pre-acquired due to having lived so long already
" I wish I could make my loved ones live long lives, just like I can. "
Allows the user to transfer stored age into someone else's body, allowing them to de-age the target.
Looks good! Accepted

| Korutesu |

Expect the (hopefully) final version of sam's bio by tomorrow yeah

or tonight i guess looks like i finished unless mango needs me to add sormthing else (which i'll prob need to do xd)

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Hmmmm... I've looked through the concept a bit, and I have to say I'm intrigued, any chance you're still accepting? I've kind of been wanting to rp again.