• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Battle Spire is active and looking for competitors! (Sign Ups/Discussion)

I’m personally into stuff like this. Perfect for my first RP!
Position (Required) (Participant, Battlemaster, Spire Master): Participant
Name: Amara Kees
Title(s) (Optional): Champion, Jade Queen.
Age (16+ recommended, remember a minimum of 1 League victory is required or equivalent): 19
Height: 5’1
Hair Color: Sandy blonde.
Build: Amara is fully aware of her plump body, and often got teased by it. It’s not that plump, but enough so to get teased.
Eye Color: Aqua Blue
Birthplace: Sootopolis City, Hoenn.

First Pokémon (Optional): Pearl (Feebas)
Occupation (Optional):
Affiliations (Optional) (Required if going for Spire Master):
Likes: Water and Grass Pokemon, jewels, respect, loose clothing, fruit, meat.
Dislikes: Electric and Fire Pokemon, dirt, privacy, ignorance.
Fears: Trypophobia (Phobia of closely packed holes on a surface), Acrophobia (Phobia of heights).
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance:
Amara isn’t one to wear flashy clothes. She sticks to a grass green shirt with the Turfield Gym logo on, simple jeans, some plain brown boots and a loose denim jacket. Her hair is often set in neat braids, going down to her shoulders at lowest. She also has a large water drop shaped bag used for the basic stuff. ID Card, Pokeballs, etc.
Badges (Required)
: All of Hoenn’s, but half for Kalos.
Achievements: (Required):
- Hoenn Champion
- Earned Tough and Cool Master Ribbons
- Earned half of Kalos’ badges.
- Beat half of the Battle Chatelaines.

Personality (Required):
Rather self conscious, Amara isn’t one to show off. She’d rather help others stand out then herself. She can easily hold her ground thanks to Pearl, and it’s a fact she’s thankful for. Even so, it never meant she always can. Her calm demeanour is never broken, no matter the insult. And for no apparent reason, She randomly says “LESGO” randomly.

Battle Style (optional) (Recommended if going for Battlemaster) (Required if going for Spire Master):
Amara has no fancy battle style, but likes giving everything a elegant flair to it. A example is her combo, “Hydro Attract”. It’s simply forcing blasts of Attract into a Hydro Pump shot. So if one doesn’t hit, the other will. Not in all cases though.

Background (Required):
Amara’s past is very basic. She was born far in Hoenn’s Sootopolis City, a slightly isolated island with its shape being made by a asteroid blast. She was part of a bustling family, with both parents working elsewhere in Hoenn. She mainly lived in Mossdeep City, a nearby island and location where they traveled, to stay with her grandparents while they left. They owned a Milotic which Amara trusted and played with, and even offered to give her rides. It went like this for a few years, until her father went on a week-long trip for, at the time, no reason. The wait was worth it, as he returned with a Egg for Amara. Not long after it was received, it hatched to a shiny Feebas, rightly named Pearl. With training and the help of a Heart Scale gifted by the same Milotic she loved, Pearl became a gorgeous Milotic herself. After she became 10, she set out from her island home and attempted the Gyms of Hoenn. With Pearl by her side, it was actually pretty easy! After ages of struggles, Amara proudly became Champion. She devoted the next few years to winning Contests and powering through the Battle Resort. She even set out for Kalos, to widen her experience. But she got her Battle Spire invite halfway through the Gyms. Not wanting to pass up a test like this, she went to Veritas Island with pride.
—Pokemon—
On Hand:
Name: Pearl
Species: (Shiny) Milotic
Personality: Similar to Amara in nearly every way. Has a tendency to randomly snatch food from others.
Ability: Marvel Scale
Held Item: King’s Rock

History: Obtained from a Egg from Amara’s father. He’s said it came from
Sinnoh.
————-
Name: Rex
Species: Lucario
Personality: He’s nothing but nervous despite his looks. It’s natural for him to slip behind Amara naturally when not in battles.
Ability: Steadfast
Held Item: Iron Plate

History: Obtained as a Riolu via a Wonder Trade for a Fletchling. He was obedient even without the needed Badges.
—————-
Name: Azure
Species: Altaria
Personality: Mostly aggravated as he’s mistaken for a girl. He acts like a brother figure to Shade.
Ability: Natural Cure
Held Item: Dragon Fang

History: Azure was a neglected Swablu that Amara found in a crater in Fallabor Town. He was immediately taken in by her.
——————
Name: Shade
Species: Pidgeot
Personality: The main air transporter of Amara’s team. He thinks Azure is his brother.
Ability: Tangled Feet
Held Item: Lax Incense

History: When Shade was wild, he only took trust in other bird Pokemon. Luckily, Azure took him in and he was caught.
———————
Name: Freya
Species: Espeon
Personality: Freya is only in it for praise, as she’s mainly spoilt. If anyone annoys her, she just ignores them.
Ability: Synchronise
Held Item: Scope Lens

History: Amara doesn’t know much about Freya’s past. She was only found around Kalos’ Route 10, and that’s about it.

———————
Name: Diantha
Species: Clefable
Personality: She’s like the Champion of the same name, bold and powerful. Her sense of justice is unbound.
Ability: Magic Guard
Held Item: Lum Berry

History: Found as a Cleffa at a meteor shower, Diantha decided to follow Amara after catching her interest. After a while, she was caught.

Heh, my character's nickname is Shade, and now we got a Pidgeot named Shade. XD interesting.

Also, was wondering about if your character is currently the Champion of Hoenn or if they just beat the Champion and began traveling everywhere else. If they were the Champion of Hoenn, they would have lots of responsibilities in terms of being a Champion, as they are basically the level of President or something similar for that Region. If they just beat the Champion and moved on, they would still be in the Hall of Fame and be recognized by Veritas Island, but they won't have the responsibilities of an actual Champion.

My last minute edits are complete, so this is the moment you've all been waiting for. I've made this character exclusively for this RP, with bio fields that appear exclusively in this RP. His backstory starts off with a summary description that explains how he got his Mega Stone and Key Stone, but it also includes a 10-episode fanfic that details his adventures. Episodes 8, 9, and 10 focus on his past experiences with Celeste.

Try not to overthink this one... ;)

Position: Spire Master
Name: Sebastiano Sixton
Title(s): Greatest Singer in the World, Celeste's Master, Celeste's Pimp, the Noise Terrorist, Osama bin Louden, the Songturd (by others)
Height: 6'0" (~182.88 cm)
Hair Color: Purple, fading to pink at the ends
Build: Lean-muscled and flawless, the body of a seasoned performer
Eye color: Blue
Birthplace: Vaniville Town, Kalos
First Pokémon: Ralts (now a Gardevoir)
Affiliations: The Battle Spire, Elite Four (Kalos, Unova, Hoenn, Sinnoh), Battle Chatelaines
Likes: Singing, dancing, playing all kinds of instruments, praise, attention, Celeste
Dislikes: Battling, being told his singing sucks, being upstaged, Celeste
Fears: Rejection
Clothing/ Accessories/ Appearance: Sporting tousled hair, tap shoes, and rings on all fingers of his right hand, he wears a white jumpsuit with a wide, open collar that exposes a broad swath of his chest, gold buttons lining it and the sleeves. In an environment full of world-class trainers, his Mega Ring isn't what makes him stand out. No, what secures his place as the dominant presence in the room is the massive bulge in his pants. Someone in the music industry once said that sex sells, and Seb, desperately wanting to make it big and failing to understand that the saying applied to women, ran to the store and bought himself a tighter pair of paints. He really needs a better fit, but perhaps Celeste can pick out some decent clothes when they get married.
Badges: Kalos, Unova, Hoenn, Sinnoh
Other achievements: Traveled the regions, obtained Hoenn's Frontier Symbols, defeated Champions Alder and Diantha, and bested Kalos's Battle Chatelaines... all while wanting to be a famous singer.
Personality: Flamboyant, flirtatious, overdramatic, occasionally snobby, exaggeratedly self-important, and possessing all the confidence of a born star, Sebastiano Sixton is a piece of work who loves Celeste with all his heart but also gets on her nerves because of a past incident between them. However bold he seems, he's down-to-earth around his Gardevoir, who never fails to humble him with his dry sense of humor. Should someone ask to hear his "beautiful" melodies, Seb's face will light up and show a giddy, more innocent side of himself. But when he starts singing, please, for the love of Arceus, run, bike, Surf, Dig, Fly, Teleport, Dive, Waterfall, Flash, Whirlpool... Fuck it, bust out all your HMs and get the hell out of there, because he sounds absolutely terrible.

Battle Style: His team of six consists of rare Pokémon who've managed to withstand the ear-grating force of his notoriously awful belting and are able to discern instructions from the cacophony. While it's usually the loser paying prize money to the winner, the victorious Sebastiano always has to shell out cash to cover his challengers' medical bills, and to tip the janitor who shows up to clean the blood of their burst eardrums off the Battle Spire floor.

Background:

Hailing from Vaniville Town, a 10-year-old Sebastiano and his Ralts began their journey through the Kalos region after the former's dad encouraged them. The two had grown up together, and though the boy wished to be a pop star and the Pokémon aimed to become a world-class battler, their bond withstood the conflicting dreams that pulled them in opposite directions. Their subdual of a criminal who wreaked havoc on Lumiose City, for which the mayor gifted them a Mega Ring at a public ceremony, is proof. Gardevoir was there for his trainer in darker and less celebrated times, too, like when a crestfallen Seb ran off the set of his favorite talent competition after a failed audition and hid away in an empty cave, a private place where he could sing his heart out. The cavern ceiling collapsed just as his partner caught up, entombing trainer and Pokémon yet allowing them to share their final moments. As they resigned themselves to fate, however, Gardevoir noticed a stone glowing through the darkness of the pile that buried them, and Seb realized that his Mega Ring was reacting to it. The instant the Pokémon retrieved it, connecting more with his trainer in near-death than he ever had before, he underwent a stunning transformation that sent the rocks of their burial flying. Freeing the boy, Gardevoir placed firm hands on his shoulders and assured him that, much like the hidden gem in an old, long-neglected mine, there was a beautiful voice deep inside him and that his dreams were not lost. They spent the next seven years visiting the other regions and the following ten mastering battle facilities across the world, singing wherever they found an audience and learning whenever they acquired a new instrument.

"Wow! She sings so beautifully! I wanna be just like her when I grow up!" a wide-eyed, 10-year-old Sebastiano gushed in front of a television screen, watching a live performance by the famous pop singer Britney Spearow, the sparks of stage pyrotechnics igniting brighter sparks of inspiration within him. He obsessively nudged his disinterested friend like a power-tripping birthday-celebrating middle-schooler who'd picked up a baseball bat for the first time and was beating confirmation out of him like a piñata. "Isn't she amazing, Gabe?! ISN'T SHE?!?!"

"Ow! Quit hitting me! I'm a Ralts, not a Wobbuffet," the Pokémon snapped. He and Seb had known each other since they were kids, though that was just a nice way of saying his Ace Trainer parents didn't give him a fuck about him and stuck the Psychic type with their son to keep him company. The two complemented each other, yet they couldn't be more different. Gabe was a dry, impassable wall, while Seb was a wave of boundless energy that constantly crashed against it. Even the most fundamental thing about them—their goals—were irreconcilable, the Ralts striving to become a world-famous battling Pokémon and the human wishing to be a dolled-up stage princess. Yet they somehow stayed close.

"What's so great about Britney Spearow anyway? I mean, she's just opening her mouth and making noise. I sound better with a sore throat," Gabe continued. "Unless you're talking about her booty shake. Maybe I could twerk up an Earthquake like that if I were a Ground type, but I'd rather watch actual moves by actual trainers. Can we change the channel already?"

"You know what, Gabe? You're a beautiful singer yourself, but you don't realize what you have and talk about it like it's nothing. I'd kill to have a fraction of your talent," Seb retorted. "...But I'm not looking to get thrown in jail. Nor will I continue to rot in the prison of my living room! From now on, no more sitting in front of the TV! I'm 10 years old, and I'm setting off on a journey to fulfill my dreams! I'll travel Kalos, take lessons, and compete in singing competitions all across the region! And you're coming with me!"

"We are not starting a group," the Ralts promptly denied. As he winnowed out the merits of his speech, however, the idea didn't seem so bad. If he left the house with Seb as his trainer, they'd enter the Pokémon League, best the nation's Gyms, conquer the Elite Four, and secure global reputations as battlers.

"...But sure, I'll join you, and I'll even give you singing lessons," Gabe compromised. "On one condition—you do the League challenge and help me get stronger."

"Are you kidding? Battling is the worst. I'm better with my eyes closed," Seb scoffed.

Their conversation had devolved into a spat and they hadn't yet agreed on anything, but it was music to his father's ears. They'd barely stood up and unglued themselves from the screen when he rushed over from the kitchen and hurried them out the door.

"You kids are going a journey?! That's great! My son is growing up so fast!" he prodded. "Now off you go!"

"Wait, we haven't decided! Or packed our stuff!" Seb protested.

"Oh, you'll be fine! I need you out of the house as soon as possible so I don't have to pay any more window repairs from your god-awful singing, and so your mother and I can finally go on that expensive vacation to Alola..."

"What was that, Dad?"

"It was nothing! Shoo, now!" he encouraged through a plastic smile, shoving Seb and Gabe out the door and slamming it in their faces. The two stood there and stared blankly for a while, the cynical Pokémon interpreting the shutting wood as a harsh disownment and the optimistic kid instead hearing a powerful close to the previous chapter of his life. The latter's silence was only the calm, and in the next second, he exploded in a storm of positive emotion.

"I'm glad Dad's so supportive!"
"How?! How did someone who only picked up battling a few weeks ago manage to defeat my dad's ultimate Pokémon?!" screamed a Rich Boy, his expensive clothes ruffled and his fragile ego shattered. His tightly clenched teeth were impossible to pull apart, but the seal of his leather wallet was looser. He snapped the button open and disdainfully threw a wad of cash at Seb's feet.

"Is he a Fisherman or something? Dude, I think we might've killed his dad's lucky Magikarp," Gabe remarked.

"Wait..." questioned an oblivious Seb, gathering the bills and his thoughts. "If his dad's a Fisherman, then how come he's so rich?"

"My mom is the rich one, you idiots! And my dad isn't a Fisherman! He's a Ruin Maniac!" the Rich Boy interrupted, his head cast down and tears welling in his eyes as he confessed. "Because... he's a gold digger."

Sebastiano had turned the immaculately dressed kid into a filthy mop and wiped the floor with him, but now he just felt bad. He wanted to give the guy some advice, tell him not to give up, go catch stronger Pokémon, or pick himself up by his bootstraps... if entitled rich people did that sort of thing.

"Seb, if you're thinking of telling him to go catch stronger Pokémon, he can't. You killed them all when you were out practicing your singing in the woods," Gabe reminded him. "For fuck's sake, please stick to battling. I've watched a lot of bouts on TV and I can say with utmost certainty that you're one of the greatest talents I've ever seen. We've only just begun and have already destroyed the trainers on this route, no sweat."

"WELL. Why don't YOU become a famous pop idol? You're a well-bred, hyperintelligent talking Ralts who can also SING!" Seb rejoined. "And don't curse! We're only 10 years old! Didn't your mother ever teach you not to say bad words?!"

"My mother was a Ditto in the Day Care. In other words, a prostitute. So no," the Pokémon replied. "And you're in no position to talk about family values. Your dad literally disowned you 'cause of your voice."

The Rich Boy was standing there awkwardly at this point, watching the pair bicker. It was as if everyone else were merely an obstacle standing in the way of a bitter rivalry.

"Hey, uh..." he interjected. "So I guess we all have troubled family situations, don't we?"
"Okay Seb, this isn't fucking funny," Gabe told his trainer bluntly, his face twitching like a Psychic type about to twist his neck as if it were a spoon. "You know that I'm a dude, right? Why in the Distortion World did you evolve me into Gardevoir? I should've been a badass Gallade. Then I'd look more like a battling Pokémon than freaking waifu trash."

"I made you a Gardevoir because a sweaty, disgusting Gallade wouldn't look good onstage. Besides, a crossdressing Pokémon appeals to the LGBTQ+ community. I'll make music that touches everyone," Sebastiano resolved.

"What's LGBTQ+? A stat-boosting vitamin I don't know about?" the battle-obsessed and socially clueless Gabe asked. "We're in the commercial center of the entire Kalos region! Couldn't you have gone out and bought a Dawn Stone? What happened to all that prize money we made?"

"Um... I spent it on singing lessons. I know you give me those for free, but I want to learn from everyone I can."

"What about everything we earned working for the Looker Bureau the past four months and cleaning up the streets of Lumiose City?"

"The singing instructors' medical bills."

"What the actual fuck, Seb? Because of you, we'll be living on the streets! And the fact that I look sexy doesn't help! I really don't want to follow in my mother's footsteps!" Gabe yelled.

"We don't need to sleep outside! This place provides free lodging for anyone who's doing the League challenge. So we can spend the night here, in the Pokémon Center!"

"Like that homeless man?" prompted the Gardevoir, pointing in the direction of a disheveled bum napping on a chair. "We've seen him there every day for the past few months. He's clearly mooching off our tax dollars instead of challenging the Gym. And yes, in this fucked-up world, you're legally a tax-paying adult at age 10."

"Don't judge people by their appearances! That man could've once been the king of Kalos!" Seb scolded. "Anyway, look on the bright side! At least you're a flat-chested Gardevoir, not the kind drawn on body pillows that greasy neckbeards snuggle with!"

While the drifter was sound asleep and likely plastered, the eyes of everyone else in the Pokémon Center were wide awake and plastered instead to the arguing duo. Before they could go at each other's throats any further, however, there was a sudden explosion that ripped through the Lumiose Museum across the street and the people's attention away from them.

"How did that building blow up? I didn't hear you sing," Gabe got in one last jab. "Unless the terribleness has evolved and is now present in your regular voice."

A flash of orange emerged from the destruction and took to the skies, but the omniscient Psychic-type and Seb, who had sharp, detail-oriented eyes that corrected flaws in the dance moves he practiced, identified it clearly. A round man with a bundle of paintings strapped to his back and several pounds of stomach fat strapped to his front was fleeing the scene on a Charizard. He must've been a foreigner, since that Pokémon didn't occur in Kalos, or at least a crazy person, since art thieves were usually less conspicuous. Then again, what was sane about the universe in which they lived?

"Art thieves, huh? I know a biomechanical abomination with armblades who'd love to have a word with them. Why don't we just leave things to him?" yawned the battle-reluctant boy.

"Hell no. You are not shirking your responsibilities as a Pokémon trainer," Gabe dismissed. "Now here's what we're gonna do. We'll track down the criminal, destroy his Charizard, and return the stolen goods. Then everyone in Lumiose City will know how great we are, throw cash at us, and give us a place to stay to make up for the money you squandered."
"Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I mean, the fact that the perp didn't leave Lumiose City gives us a chance to catch him, but staying to attack Prism Tower is just... dumb," Seb commented, staring up at the criminal from Centrico Plaza. "What's he really after, anyway?"

The villain's Charizard was circling the Lumiose Gym, shelling it with bursts of fire and evolving from a thief into a full-blown terrorist. Maybe he was looking to take out the Leader, the people's symbol of hope and primary recourse in situations like this. But the ones who'd levitate up the tower and rise to the occasion were right beside them.

"Who cares? Let's kick his ass," Gabe answered. "I'll get you up there with telekinesis."

"You know I'm scared of heights! Just warp me there instead of doing it the slow way and giving me a panic attack!" Seb protested.

"Heh. That's totally what I was gonna do," the Gardevoir admitted with a smirk. "Aight then, time for Teleport."

The Pokémon and trainer vanished into thin air, revealing themselves seconds later in the enemy's line of fire. They'd disappeared with the kind of flash and zoom that turned off a television, but the show was just beginning. Seb was dodging fireballs and scrambling for purchase at the same time, the plunge below and the flames ahead leaving him no safe place to look. Thankfully his lithe movements would save him from death, unlike his blood-curdling voice, which ensured that of anyone who listened. The boy played as many instruments as he could, taught himself how to dance, and maximized his stage presence to compensate for his lacking vocals, and it was paying off now.

Suddenly the fiery barrage stopped, and the beating wings of an idling Charizard filled the air.

"Well, well, well. Who might you be? An extreme stuntman for an action movie, or a small child who's come to entertain me personally?" the thief asked with a sly smile, the only thing that shone on his crudely shaved, neglected face. That might've been an overstatement, since his teeth were yellow... and his bloodshot eyes were widened as if fighting off his encroaching unibrow. The most disgusting thing about him, though, was his gigantic, thrusting belly weighing down on the Pokémon carrying him.

"Whoa, what the fuck? Is that Charizard panting?" Gabe asked in disbelief. "We thought you just stole paintings, but I can't even fathom how much cake you've swiped from the fridge."

"Gabe! I told you not to curse!" Seb hissed.

"I'm a fully evolved adult now, so deal with it," the Gardevoir retorted, then addressed the criminal. "...But nowhere near as big as that guy. You sure you wanna start shit? Your fire lizard looks like it'll collapse any moment now."

"Ha! Such childish arrogance!" the man laughed. "I was once the Gym Leader here, but the city dismissed me and cut off my source of income right as my wife needed treatment! I did whatever I could to cover the insane medical costs, but she eventually succumbed to her illness! I've hated Lumiose and plotted its destruction ever since, starting with its most cherished buildings!"

"And what exactly does that have to do with anything?" wondered Gabe, bored out of his mind.

"It MEANS that I was once an accomplished trainer and possess more than enough strength to crush you!"

"No shit. If you sat on me, there'd be nothing left."

"Gabe, that's messed up," Seb disapproved. "Besides, I'm more worried about his sanity. Like, is he even questioning the fact that you're a talking Pokémon?"

"Nope. He's totally off his rocker, not that any chair could hold him in the first place," the Gardevoir quipped.

"Silence! You are facing the great and powerful ex-Gym Leader, Christopher Hamburglar! I shall not be disrespected!"

Seb and Gabe weren't ready for his ridiculous name, instantly cracking up at the introduction. They would've been on the floor, but from this high up, they'd only roll off the tower summit and die of laughter, literally. So the two instead plunged into the heat of battle and prepared themselves for Charizard's next wave of attacks.

But the Flying-type didn't strike with the same short bursts it had before, spitting a constant stream of fire in their direction.

"Hey Seb, we need to stop those flames from hitting the beams! They can melt anything!" Gabe shouted.

"Huh? Where'd you hear that? I've never even held my Pokédex in front of a Charizard."

"Just trust me! I heard it on TV!"

"Real convincing..." Seb muttered in resignation. Despite the lack of persuasion, he'd do as Gabe said and avoid taking chances. If the tower caved under them, it wouldn't matter if they dodged. "Fine! Use Light Screen and weaken the approaching blast!"

The Psychic-type wasted no time. He cupped his hands and spread them diagonally apart, the corners of a glossy pane following his parting fingers and completely filling the space of his outstretched arms. He pushed the newly formed screen forward, speeding it into the Flamethrower's path and filtering the blaze into embers. The reflective square wouldn't be there forever, but he was confident that the fire would peter out as its presence tested the foe's patience and made his Charizard try something else. Fat guys weren't exactly known for their self-control.

"Feh! So my move is less effective now, is it? Sneaky brat!" he spat, confirming Gabe's thoughts. "I'll hit you directly, then! Get closer, Sriracha, and give 'em an onslaught of Shadow Claws!"

"Why am I..." Gabe started, pausing to evade the fire lizard that swirled about him, periodically swooped down, and raked him unrelentingly with sharp talons that tore dark rifts in the day's light. "Why am I not surprised that you named your Pokémon after food?"

He was keeping a level head and coolly entertaining these silly questions, but as the battle drew on, Sriracha's missed attacks became grazes, then sizable cuts, then full blows. Sebastiano knew that they couldn't dodge forever without counterattacking.

"Work some Psyshocks into there, man! Make them move around!" he commanded.

"Got it," the panting Gardevoir pithily acknowledged. His eyes glowed as they followed the circling Charizard, and he raised his arms, taut and poised to strike. Invisible psychic waves honed in on his target, showing themselves in the last second and crushing Sriracha's frame with a resounding smash. Or so his trained mind liked to think. Somehow, the Pokémon was anticipating where the Psyshocks would materialize, dipping out of the way in time and resuming its flight.

"Damn it!" cursed the Psychic-type.

"Nice attempt, but you're just a couple of kids! I'm a former League official!" Christopher taunted. "Your Gardevoir's on its last leg! Those super-effective moves ain't treating you right, are they?"

The merits of a great performer were his abilities to overcome stage fright, endure tough crowds, and remove self-doubt. Sebastiano was presently a trainer, but the same mentality applied. He stayed unbothered by Hamburglar's rodomontade and eyed him carefully, noticing his labored breath and the drops of sweat that streamed down his face. The criminal wasn't as assured as he suggested, and Gabe, however mercilessly he fat-shamed him, was onto something when he said that Charizard looked like it was about to collapse.

"HEY GABE!"

"What?!"

"USE STOMP!"

"What do you mean use Stomp?! We don't learn that-"

The Gardevoir stopped himself as he began to see what his trainer saw, no longer focusing singularly on where his next Psyshock would land and checking the opponent's condition. "Oh. So that's what's up..."

"DO IT NOW!!!"

"Heard ya loud and clear."

Gabe zipped out of the air and reappeared on Sriracha's back, dropping it like a stone. In accordance with their observations, the fire lizard had tired itself out and was struggling to stay afloat. Hamburglar rolled over like an engorged rat and gasped at the Pokémon's sudden presence.

"W-what are you doing?! Y-you're not supposed to attack humans!"

"Humans without balls," the Gardevoir corrected. "The uncaptured ones do it all the time. I'm not about to mutilate you, though. I'm just here to show you what happens when trainers get fat and lazy, making their Pokémon do all the work while growing weak themselves. You're supposed to get stronger together."

His speech was rather long for a finishing line, but the trip down was quite the distance. Sriracha fluttered its wings vigorously under the added weight before squawking in surrender and plummeting to the Lumiose City pavement. As Hamburglar's screams filled the heights of Centrico Plaza, Gabe inwardly hoped that the paintings would come out unscathed and thanked Arceus that Seb wasn't sailing with him, or his noises would obliterate the eardrums of everyone within a 20-meter radius.

But when Charizard crashed to the earth, Gardevoir disembarked, and the celebrating onlookers swarmed him, his sense of relief was cut short. He shuddered when they cheered, grinned, and blushed.

"Why are all your faces red? Don't tell me..." he considered dreadfully. "You saw under my skirt when the wind blew it up?!"

The police arrived on the scene, cuffing Hamburglar and collaring Sriracha. Before the cops led them away, however, a lone officer confronted Gabe.

"We appreciate your saving the city, so we'll only let you off with a warning," he decided, "for publicly exposing yourself."

"Wait, what?! First of all, it was unintentional. Second, doesn't everyone want to see under a Gardevoir's skirt?"

"That only applies to female Gardevoir, and you're male. No one wants to see that shit."
"For your courageous efforts in protecting our great city, we bestow upon you a Mega Ring, in addition to a sum of money," the mayor announced a week later at a crowded reception in Centrico Plaza.

Sebastiano received the accessory fitted with a Key Stone on a purple cushion, but his mind was somewhere else. What could he have done differently in his battle with Hamburglar? He needed to streamline Gabe's attack execution so that he wouldn't need to raise his arms before a Psyshock, or trace the shape of Light Screen in the air to make it appear. More importantly, Seb hated battling, and he had to develop a style that married his love of singing with his command of Pokémon.

"And now, our hero will sing the national anthem!" the mayor proceeded, handing the boy a microphone. That not only snapped him out of his trance but also lit up his face.

"I get to SING?!?!?!" he beamed.

"Oh no, this isn't good..." Gabe muttered ominously on the small stage the city had wheeled out just for the event.

"Well, here goes..." he readied himself, summoning air into his lungs and an ear-splitting demon from his mouth. "Allons enfants de la Patrie…!"

The moment the first line escaped him, all the plaza's windows exploded into showers of glass. The one discordant phrase instantly denuded Prism Tower of panes and the listeners' faces of smiles, hearts sinking and shards raining down. If drizzle accompanied sad songs, then the dangerous bits of glass perfectly complemented a song of death.

"Le jour de gloire est arrive!"

When Sebastiano belted the second line, everyone's eyes shot back into their heads like busted slot machines and foam welled up from their mouths. People dropped like flies. An old man had a heart attack. One guy's hands were trembling so much that when they moved to cover his ears, they accidentally slipped and twisted his neck. Another dude snapped his on purpose to send himself to Hell straightaway instead of sitting through the welcoming ceremony. A third man pulled out a gun, blew his brains out, and splattered the previous guy with blood. A pregnant woman suddenly gave birth, and the baby was so terrified that he learned to crawl in the span of a second and worked his tiny limbs as fast as he could to get away, his umbilical cord jerking him back like a leash and hitting his mother in the throat.

"Contre nous de la tyrannie
L’étendard sanglant est levé
L’étendard sanglant est levé
Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats?
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
Égorger vos fils, vos compagnes!
"

Sebastiano kept on singing and singing and singing, until a hand punched him in the face and shut him up. The mayor had been closest to the auditory Grim Reaper, but he'd survived, which was not unexpected of the resilient figure who occupied the highest office in Lumiose City.

"STOP! STOP IT! STOP FREAKING SINGING!" he screamed. "Just take the Mega Ring and get the hell out of here! I can't deal with two terrorist-level threats in one week!"
"Aw hell yeah, we finally did it!" Gabriel cheered as he and Seb strolled out of their last Gym, the former brandishing a completed badge case and the latter smiling politely. "We can finally challenge the Pokémon League!"

"That's nice, Gabe, but I'm here for something else," Sebastiano reminded him.

"Oh, that's right. Isn't today your audition? Good luck."

"I'm gonna wow the judges on Kalos's Got Talent and emerge as the next big star!" declared Seb. "Can you be there? I need you in the audience cheering me on."

"Sure thing, man."

As the hours of the day passed and the sunlight faltered, Sebastiano's excitement didn't. He confidently walked out onto the stage of the show he'd watched since childhood and took his place at the microphone, barely containing his emotions. This was it. Gabe had attained his goal of collecting the region's badges. Now it was time for Seb to achieve his.

"Hello," greeted the head judge, the notoriously hard-to-please Simon Growl. The boy heard that Simon possessed the ability to lower Attack with his condescending eyes and unimpressed frown, but he'd turn the latter upside down soon enough. "What's your name, where are you from, and why have you entered this competition?"

"I'm Sebastiano Sixton from Vaniville Town, and I'm gonna be the greatest singer in the world!"

"I like that," the judge replied. "Well, I look forward to hearing your song. Off you go."

An encouraging wave of applause rose through the auditorium, and when it died down, a powerful medley of drums, electric guitar, and repeatedly struck keys consumed the set and dislodged the sliver of silence in between. The intro played for a few seconds, the instruments escalating as Seb's nerves subsided, a series of steps providing a clear path for the smooth insertion of his voice.

"I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST, LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS!"

It was anything but. One of the stage lights exploded overhead, and a judge jerked back in his seat. Sebastiano kept going, however.

"TO CATCH THEM IS MY REAL TEST! TO TRAIN THEM IS MY CAUSE!"

He'd always been the kid who admired the singer, not the trainer to whom the tune payed tribute. Now, the audience members were paying dues of their own, with their lives, as their ears absorbed the foul fruits of his inspiration. Some fled their chairs and evacuated. Others stayed and tried to drown his voice out with a chorus of impassioned booing. Either way, what was unfolding in the concert hall was absolute chaos.

"I WILL TRAVEL ACROSS THE LAND, SEARCHING FAR AND WIDE! EACH POKEMON TO UNDERSTAND, THE POWER THAT'S INSIDE!"

Three out of four judges were incessantly banging their heads on the table. One cracked her skull open and bled all over her makeup. Another shoved his index fingers so deep into his ears that he almost stirred his brains. A third had fallen out of her seat and was writhing about on the floor like a woman battling a demon for control of her body. Simon Growl's face was contorted beyond recognition into the most disapproving grimace imaginable, both expressing his opinion of Sebastiano's audition and stifling a river of vomit. He manned up and swallowed it as fast as he could, because he'd be damned if he let Seb utter another word. Simon raised his hand, stopped the music, and silenced the kid, rendering him confused and frantically scanning his surroundings. Gabe was the only one left among the spectators.

"W-what's going on?" asked the stunned boy. "Did you not like my performance?"

"Sebastiano Sixton, you are..." the surviving judge paused, carefully selecting his words like the sharpest knives, "...by far the worst singer I have ever heard in my entire life, which you nearly ended. The twisted cacophony that whips from your mouth like a tentacled monster is easily the most disgusting, repulsive combination of noises that has ever been forced into my ears. You will never be a great singer, a good singer, or even a mediocre singer. You must never again step onto a stage or touch a microphone in all the years you have left on Earth. I daresay that your voice is as destructive to the senses as a storm is to a ship, as a plague is to a community, as a war is to a country, as climate change is to the planet, as armblades are to noobs. No, even more so. Never, and for the love of Arceus, never, open your maw to sing ever again."

Seb was floored, his eyes wide and trembling with tears, his bottom lip shaking as if it might fall off at any second. His next words trickled pathetically from his mouth only for Simon to close the dripping faucet with a swift jerk.

"I c-could t-try... another s-song, or-"

"No! You will leave the microphone where it stands and get out of my sight this instant!"

This was the sharpest of the judge's verbal knives, and it popped Sebastiano like a water balloon, tears pouring from his eyes and snot dribbling from his nose. He couldn't hold them in anymore. His childhood dreams of appearing on Kalos's Got Talent and establishing himself as a career artist sailed to the ground like shreds of his latex self, his future blurred through his flooded vision. So as he ran offstage, he couldn't clearly see where he was going. All he knew was that he needed to be away from here.

"Seb, wait!" Gabe called, springing from his seat and reaching after his hurting friend. The Gardevoir had done everything he was supposed to, respectfully watching Seb's performance and not disrupting it until the very end. But he just couldn't leave him alone now.
"This isn't so bad..." Sebastiano said without conviction, having secluded himself in a faraway cave where all that could be seen were the faint outlines of stalactites and all that could be heard was the distant chirping of Zubat. "I can sing here in peace, and no one will tell me I'm bad..."

His tears had tried, and his bawling expression had recovered enough to allow a soft smile back onto his face. He parted his lips anew and continued the song that the judge had stopped.

"POKEMON! GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!"

The darkness that consumed him rumbled like an upset stomach. Stones crumbled off the walls and skipped to the cavern floor, but Seb was too lost in his own world to notice. He closed his eyes and eliminated visual distractions, letting the sound of his voice guide him as he danced through the tunnel.

"IT'S YOU AND ME!"

The colony of Zubat he passed dropped dead, and the Geodude slammed their stone fists against their heads in irritation. Stalactites snapped off the ceiling, and the murky chamber shook once more, its roof dangerously close to collapsing.

"I KNOW IT'S MY-"

"Seb, stop! It's me, Gabe! I'm here for you!" his Gardevoir called. Perhaps he'd run over instead of teleporting to make his concern seem more sincere.

"-destiny..."

Before the Psychic-type could place his hands on his trainer's shoulders and consummate that expression of worry, the stone canopy overhead caved and buried the both of them. Gabriel tackled the human and bore the devastating rock slide's full force, safeguarding the boy yet effectively crippling himself. When they next opened their eyes, they found themselves staring up at a grave of boulders that denied the thinnest beam of light.

"Y-you idiot, why would you... why would you put yourself in danger like this?!" the Gardevoir roared through the pain.

"Gabe... it's okay. You didn't need to save me. I couldn't fulfill my dreams, so I have nothing left to live for," Sebastiano lamented. "I'm sorry you had to get hurt..."

"Dumbass..." the Pokémon croaked, the intensity fading from his voice. "Wherever you go, I follow. So if you're dying, I'm dying with you."

Seb didn't have the will to protest, answering Gabe with a simple smirk that he returned. However they'd bickered in the past, the two were glad to know that their journeys would end on a note of understanding. As the suffocating tomb joined their hands and hastened their last breaths, they, in death, connected more than they ever had before. Gabe was so convinced this was their end that when his eyes settled on a faint glow tucked behind a fallen boulder, he interpreted it as a guiding light into the afterlife. He reached for it weakly and closed his fingers around it, pulling the orb toward him and examining it more carefully.

"What's this... some kind of jewel?"

The boy and his Gardevoir had drawn a blank, but something in that inky blackness did react—the Key Stone on Sebastiano's wrist. A second glow pierced the darkness like a throbbing bullet wound, radiating with the force of the pair's bond.

"Hey... do you feel a surge of power right now? I know it's a weird question, since we could hardly move a second ago..." Seb asked.

"No... you're right. I do feel something…" the Pokémon confirmed. "It makes me... want to live. To get out of here. To keep going..."

Gabe followed the trail of thoughts like an undulating thread of light in his otherwise empty mind, leading him to some conclusion. Energy was building from within the burial, dislodging outer stones and poking white rays through.

"To stay by your side... and protect you always."

When he finally seized this truth that lay at the string's end, the stone heap burst open and freed the two. The Gardevoir looked different, far more feminine and swollen below the waist. He didn't stop and bristle at his appearance, however, when his skin already crawled with newfound vitality. Still, he was the same Gabriel, and when he picked Sebastiano off the dirt, he clasped the boy's shoulders as tightly as he'd planned from the start.

"Listen, Seb. I'll stay by your side and follow you wherever I go, like I said earlier. But I won't let us die," he promised. "You can't give up either. You may not have realized your dreams today, but like this abandoned cave whose hidden gems people overlooked, I know there's a beautiful voice somewhere deep inside you."

The trainer had been too discouraged to stand, so he was stunned at Gabe's sudden domination and close proximity, at his powerful words and intense eyes. Seeing in them the strength of their friendship, Seb rippled with emotion right then, which bubbled to the surface of his face, reddened his cheeks, and made him lust.

"Is it... as beautiful as your new dress?~" he cooed to his Mega-Evolved partner.

"Shut it."
"You've been traveling the world for the past seven years and now find yourself in the Unova region, yet the one thing that remains constant is your lack of a girlfriend. Are Pokégirls on the internet your only type?" Gabe flatly inquired.

"My type? My TYPE, I'll have you know, is a girl who loves my singing! I don't care how she acts or what she looks like, but as long as she appreciates my voice, I'm the happiest man alive!" Seb responded defiantly, his star persona becoming more convincing and his confidence swelling since his Kalos journey.

"So you're aromantic. Got it."

"That is NOT what I said! I'll find a girl sooner or later! Just you wait!" the 17-year-old vowed. "In fact, I'm sure there's one right here on this beautiful riverside route full of trainers! I'll just sing a brief melody, and any girl who doesn't run away shall be my first love!"

As soon as Sebastiano opened his mouth and produced the first few discordant syllables of a word, everyone in the area fled, and the air became turbulent as if the wind were chasing after them screaming, "Wait for me!" The soft grass was blown flat, nearly burying its blades in the soil to muffle the noise. A Magikarp that had surfaced at the wrong time and caught an earful now floated dead in the stream.

But a lone female remained, beautiful with her short white tube top, hourglass figure, and long, platinum blonde hair. Well, that was how she'd normally dress. Presently, she was clothed in tight-fitting black yoga pants and a cropped exercise top, continuing with her squats and oblivious to the route's sudden calm. Was she a trainer like the others who frequented this spot? Was she doing what Gabe once said to Hamburglar all those years ago, strengthening her own body so that she and her team could develop together? Or was she just maintaining her amazing looks?

In Seb’s eyes, they weren't her main source of appeal. No, what made it love at first sight was the fact that she'd survived those hellish vocals that clawed raspily up his throat and stumbled over each other like escaping demons, which meant that she liked his singing. He didn't notice the girl's noise-cancelling earbuds.

"GABE! I think I've fallen for her!" Sebastiano rejoiced.

"Really? I thought you'd be into some weird shit, but she's actually a normal, pretty-looking girl."

"There's just one problem..."

"What is it?"

"HOW DO I TALK TO GIRLS?!"

"I'm a Gardevoir with a penis. You think I'd know? Just think about how you feel when you look at her."

"Well..." the man mulled. "I want her chest to seize up whenever she thinks of me. I want to constantly be inside her heart. I want us to dance together on the beach as the waves lap the shore... and I want her to feel butterflies in her stomach!"

"That's... really poetic," Gabriel concluded. "You should walk up and tell her all that. I'm sure she'd appreciate it."

"A-alright," Seb stammered, suddenly pale as a sheet. "I-if you s-say so."

As he approached the girl with the stilted gait of a robot about to piss himself and short-circuit, the young lady diligently proceeded with her workout. When she next picked herself off the ground, however, she faced an awkward 17-year-old trembling before her with his mouth pursed in a wimpy wrinkle.

"U-um... hi, my name's Seb, and I've been meaning to tell you that I want to... I want to..." he wavered, unclogging his pipes and forcing the words. But they came out all wrong. "I w-want to seize your chest... and b-be inside of you.... and g-give me a lap dance... and... and... I WANT TO BUTTER YOUR STOMACH!"

The 14-year-old stood there and stared blankly for a moment. Now, she was a very intelligent, methodical, analytical girl, so she wasn't one to get flustered easily. Moreover, she was kind, generous, compassionate, and oftentimes empathetic, so she also wasn't one to be rude. But what this purple-haired creep had said to her was blatant sexual harassment. Still not one to lose her cool, she chose her words carefully.

"Ehehehe…" she laughed awkwardly, slowly backing away and turning in the opposite direction. "I need to go for a run now!"

The girl took off in her gym clothes, sprinting as far and fast away from Sebastiano as she could. But the 17-year-old bounded after her, pulling on Gabe's arm and the violet thread of destiny that whipped through the air before him, her hair's single streak blowing in the wind. He pursued her through all of Unova, battling her and asking her on dates like a rival and a stalker rolled into one. Each time, however, the girl ran, neither looking back nor slipping, save for the name that accidentally slipped from her mouth—Celeste. Seb would remember it for as long as he lived.
"Look, you're an amazing trainer, one of the best I've ever faced..." Celeste conceded, avoiding Seb's expectant gaze. For once, she'd graced him with a few words from her beautiful mouth instead of fleeing the instant their battle ended. Though the salty, begrudging expression she wore was totally unlike her.

"...But quit stalking me!" she told him sternly. This didn't discourage Seb's wide, excited eyes, which stared up at her like a puppy's and devoured the exclamation in her voice like a treat. Celeste wasn't fond of that look, for it reflected an underlying quality about him that bothered her. Even if he hadn't made lewd remarks or been annoying, she quietly despised the fact that a battler so talented treated her life's passion like it was nothing, wanting to be a famous singer yet still fighting evenly with her.

"By the way, I heard your singing..." she added, feeling her own dream disrespected, "...and it's terrible."

The girl walked away, confident that Sebastiano would never bug her again. Not only did she inwardly disapprove of him, but she also hated herself when he was around. The guy brought out a different side of her that was far less kind and intelligent than her usual demeanor. She'd always been more interested in Pokémon than humans, but she'd never encountered a person who evoked such a strong reaction from her.

The force of her words had hit Seb much harder. Just as Celeste faded into the distance, so too did his mind into darkness, and he crumpled against a tree, processing her last scathing statement. He'd been torn seven years ago after his disastrous appearance on Kalos's Got Talent, but that paled in comparison to the heartbreak he felt now. The girl he'd loved and chased across an entire region had dismissed him, calling his singing terrible and repudiating the whole reason he'd fallen for her in the first place.

"Hey uh, Seb, you okay?" asked Gabe, placing a concerned hand on the man's shoulder. He was still hurt from the bout with Celeste, but he couldn't imagine what his partner was going through. "You're not gonna shoot up a Trainer School, are you?"

The butterflies had risen from Sebastiano's stomach and flown too close to the sun, scorched to the earth by the girl's temper. He felt like a miserable, W-sitting Japanese girl whose eyes had been gouged out and stabbed to death with a butter knife exactly 1,857 times—which clearly didn't make sense, because in the Pokémon world, the nonexistent country of Japan was divided into Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Johto, and even if Japanese people were real, working a knife into those narrow slits was next to impossible. Besides, who gets stabbed to death with a butter knife? Only someone whose substance is as flimsy as a piece of paper, which was exactly how Seb felt now. If there was an accurate way to describe his emotions with stupid, oddball similes, this was it.

"I'm just fine, Gabe..." he seethed. "But I'm about to end this woman's whole career."
"What's this? An invitation to a place called the Battle Spire?" Sebastiano frowned. "Who am I kidding? I've heard of it, because I know where Celeste is at all times of the day."

"Stalker," Gabe teased. "No wonder that so-called 'invitation' doesn't seem like one."

"Yeah. I normally get letters beginning with Greetings Trainer! but I've never gotten one that started off with Greetings Dickhead! I didn't know such words were in my precious Celeste's vocabulary," the man agreed. "Guess all those world travels paid off. I'm such an accomplished trainer that she can't ignore me anymore. That woman has way too much pride, and someone should make her swallow it."

"Whoa, did she scribble this furious message herself? That is so tsundere," gasped the Gardevoir. "I think she wants your bulge."

"Well I'm gonna ram it down her throat," Seb resolved. "And by 'it,' I mean her pride."

Pokémon:
Name: Gabriel
Species: Gardevoir
Personality: Extremely intelligent, Sebastiano's best friend, vocal coach, and occasional secretary is a dry, edgy, foul-mouthed talking Gardevoir.
Ability: Trace
Held Item: Gardevoirite (approved by Stellar)
History: His Ace Trainer parents received multiple Ralts eggs from the local Pokémon breeder, but Gabe didn't have the desired attributes, so they gave him to their young son and trained another. His unhatched brothers and sisters were made into omelets.

Name: Cobra Bat
Species: Crobat
Personality: The edgelord of his team and a common lead, Cobra Bat assumes the persona of a villainous mastermind, showing off his speed and maneuverability in air. Frequently threatens to suck the opponent's blood. Picture his voice in Dracula's accent.
Ability: Infiltrator (because he's a certified villain)
Held Item: Flying Gem
History: Of all the Zubat Sebastiano met in a particular cave, Cobra was the only one who didn't drop dead when he started singing. In fact, he thinks Seb's voice is the perfect evil background music when he's in action.

Name: Solitude
Species: Scolipede
Personality: The strong, silent type of Seb's party. He's also very horny. Meaning he sweeps teams with his Megahorn attack.
Ability: Swarm
Held Item: Focus Sash
History: Seb found him in the bushes of a Unovan route, admiring his beautiful shell and thinking it a waste that he scurried in the wild. He could use the poisonous centipede in live shows, the ideal bit of stage symbolism that appealed to fans of death metal and other edgy genres.

Name: Crow
Species: Volcarona
Personality: The lone female on his team, Crow is shy, insecure, and polite. But she's also deeply self-conscious about her weight, and anyone who calls her fat gets burnt to a crisp.
Ability: Flame Body (gives burning fat a new meaning)
Held Item: Passho Berry
History: Her trainer abandoned her as a Larvesta at the Day Care because she was too fat. The kids would come by just to point fingers and laugh, which depressed her and caused her to eat even more as a coping mechanism. When Seb strolled into the Day Care one day, the breeders begged him to take Crow off their hands before she exhausted their entire food supply or ate another Pokémon. Sebastiano walked right up to the little critter and sensed what was wrong, inviting her to join his party and shred those pounds with him by practicing their dance moves.

Name: Hoenn's Edge
Species: Aegislash
Personality: One of the slower members of his party, physically and mentally, Hoenn's Edge makes random noises and is practically braindead, though his battling instincts are on point.
Ability: Stance Change
Held Item: Weakness Policy
History: As a Honedge, he belonged to a family whose son viciously abused him because he wanted a Gurdurr for his birthday instead. Desperate to please his owner, Hoenn's Edge tried to act more like the Pokémon he desired, suppressing his visceral urge to say "Honedge" and saying "Gurdurr" instead. The mistreatment resulted in lasting psychological damage, but he couldn't purge the "H" from his speech, so all he knows how to say is "HURR DURR." Sebastiano adopted him from Pokémon Protective Services because the local store was sold out of warrior costumes, and he needed swords for a stage outfit he was designing. The man's singing doesn't bother the Aegislash because he's dumb as a rock.

Name: Craziken
Species: Blaziken
Personality: One of the most terrifying creatures in the world, Craziken is a twitching, feral, rabid, volatile, abnormally strong Blaziken whom Seb keeps not only in his Pokéball but also on a leash, lest he go on a rampage. He could easily snap the restraints with his bare hands, but his passing whims don't dictate it. Those, as well as Sebastiano's awful singing, which his insane cortex interprets as beautiful, are the only things that can soothe him. Despite belonging to a human, Craziken behaves like a wild animal and is impossible to housebreak. In Seb's final battle with Celeste where only two Pokémon remained, Craziken won and secured his trainer's position as one of the Spire Masters by taking a shit on Celeste's Gliscor's face, causing it to faint (from shock).
Ability: Speed Boost
Held Item: Wide Lens. As for the item that holds him, a collar attached to a chain leash
History: An unscrupulous chicken farmer sold Seb a mentally unstable Torchic, and the trainer, believing that including fried chicken in his performances would appeal to a blacker audience, bought him without a second thought.

LESGO

Last edited:
@E.K.A.N.S. Curse words aside ( I would request you cut back some in the RP if accepted, IRL I swear like a sailor, but i don’t know the demographic of age on the site and who's comfortable with what so with respect to them, try to keep language to PG13, maybe a bit beyond depending on the situation) very nice bio, really enjoyed reading it. Based on the Bio portion, Sebastiano doesn't really seem to be the Spire Master type, perhaps a Tier 3 Battlemaster that that’s one, two, or three Spire Master Victories away from gaining the title? Based on how the fanfic ended, Celeste would have already been a Spire Master while Sebastiano would still be climbing through the ranks of the Spire, also the Spire Masters would not personally write an invitation out, ultimately it’s not their decision to make, but a committee that the Spire Masters have inputs on but they do not have the final say, formal invitations only, just the way they do things.

My biggest issue I have is the Blaziken. As funny as the Blaziken is, and points for creativity, but there would not be a single Pokémon that can beat any Spire Masters’s Pokémon for as wild as you described, hell it won’t be able to beat most Battlermaster’s Pokémon. Even described as “Abnormally Strong “raw power that has no skill, refinement, or finesse behind it is pointless, and based on how crazy and messed up it ism there is no way it can even be trained. The wild and enraged state of the Blaziken would also be a red flag to the Spire or for anyone who cares about Pokémon who sees him really, Sebastiano would be criticized and discredited as a trainer and possibly criminalized for keeping such a Pokémon in such a state, since it can be seen as abuse or inhumane treatment, such a Pokémon would be institutionalized so it can get the help it needs.

Gonna let how Celeste behaved in the fic go as it’s just a fic and she was younger then and is a much different person now, but really loved the read, great stuff, but I’m going to have to say no to the character in the current state for a Spire Master, with a few edits he can easily be a high tiered Battlemaster. As much as I love, trolling, and humorous things, this RP is more on the serious side.

(Those titles though, some of them better be self proclaimed <.>)

Let me know if you want more clarifications on other points, also I'm open to feedback, thoughts, and other inputs about this character from others as well please

I’ll get to all the other points in a sec (or not, life’s busy), but what is it about him that makes him more of a Tier 3 Battlemaster? Is it the number of regions he’s traveled/badges he’s earned? Because I had those all at the maximum until I cut it down to get approved for a Mega.

Also, Sycorax could’ve already been on his last leg before Craziken dumped on his face.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
I've yet to play Undertale and I really need to. I even own it, just need to chew through my backlog of games.

I was skeptical at first, the entire game was spoiled for me by the time I bought it, but it was still beyond amazing. There are so many fun things outside of the story. I highly recommend it, it's incredible.

Okay, I made that last post rapid-fire from my phone after getting out the shower, but now that I'm in front of my computer again I can respond to everything else.
Based on how the fanfic ended, Celeste would have already been a Spire Master while Sebastiano would still be climbing through the ranks of the Spire
The fanfic included only one clearly defined timeskip, and that was at the start of Episode 8, when he went from 10 to 17. The timeskips to Episode 9 and finally to Episode 10 aren't specified, so there are 10 years to fill between age 17 and 27. I'm not sure at what age Celeste became a Spire Master, but Sebastiano could've read that letter when he was 20, or even 24, or even younger, leaving him a good amount of time to ascend the ranks. Perhaps Celeste wasn't even a Spire Master at the time and the letter was instead sent by those who came before her, meaning in the worst case, I'd just scrap Episode 10 entirely and make it non-canon, or change my character's age.
also the Spire Masters would not personally write an invitation out, ultimately it’s not their decision to make, but a committee that the Spire Masters have inputs on but they do not have the final say, formal invitations only, just the way they do things.
Sounds good.
My biggest issue I have is the Blaziken. As funny as the Blaziken is, and points for creativity, but there would not be a single Pokémon that can beat any Spire Masters’s Pokémon for as wild as you described, hell it won’t be able to beat most Battlermaster’s Pokémon. Even described as “Abnormally Strong “raw power that has no skill, refinement, or finesse behind it is pointless, and based on how crazy and messed up it ism there is no way it can even be trained.
The Blaziken actually has exceptionally good battle instincts, which is the route I was going but I neglected to clarify that, as I'd already used the phrase "battle instincts" when describing the Aegislash and I don't like using repetitive words in my writing.

Yeah, Craziken actually isn't the equivalent of a wild Pokémon, and I was well aware that he couldn't be because the position for which I was applying was Spire Master. He's more like an incomprehensible, incommunicable creature whom the world and all his trainer's challengers can't decipher, but is surprisingly sharp in unexpected areas, like Wiress from Catching Fire if you've read the second book in the Hunger Games series.
there would not be a single Pokémon that can beat any Spire Masters’s Pokémon for as wild as you described, hell it won’t be able to beat most Battlermaster’s Pokémon
Also, Sycorax could’ve already been on his last leg before Craziken dumped on his face.
Re: this.

In my bio, the lack of context to exactly how that battle unfolded is important. The Gliscor could've been already battered up or was about to be defeated, and the crap on its face just added insult to injury.
The wild and enraged state of the Blaziken would also be a red flag to the Spire or for anyone who cares about Pokémon who sees him really, Sebastiano would be criticized and discredited as a trainer and possibly criminalized for keeping such a Pokémon in such a state, since it can be seen as abuse or inhumane treatment, such a Pokémon would be institutionalized so it can get the help it needs.
Huh. You actually nailed a story arc I had planned. One of my future characters, far down the road when I have time, is an undercover journalist for a newspaper bought and owned by the Battle Fleet, a rival facility to the Battle Spire that seeks its demise. She's invited to the Spire for her skills as a trainer, but she's really there to cause a scandal and get dirt on the Spire that'll lead to its closure.

This controversial point about Sebastiano is actually the perfect weapon she can blow out of proportion and embroil the Spire in legal troubles, so there's an overarching story in addition to the customary battles you've got going on.
I’m going to have to say no to the character in the current state for a Spire Master, with a few edits he can easily be a high tiered Battlemaster. As much as I love, trolling, and humorous things, this RP is more on the serious side.
Humor in a serious story is called comedic relief.

Let me know what you all think.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with ho many regions and badges they've collected

The two had grown up together, and though the boy wished to be a pop star and the Pokémon aimed to become a world-class battler, their bond withstood the conflicting dreams that pulled them in opposite directions.

is the one main point is that sticks out to me about him not being exactly Spire Master material is that competitive or high level battling was not something he wanted to aspire to, Gabriel wanted to but not Sebastiano. The Spire Masters go far above and beyond to make sure they and their teams are successful in battles. In many cases (at least with Celeste and Ceres) perfecting the art of Pokemon battling was something they've devoted their entire lives to.

For instance, it's like taking an Olympic gymnast that has trained their entire lives to compete in the Olympics, and putting them against someone who has gymnastics training because their mom told them they had to do an extra activity.

Based on the way I understand it Sebastiano is more interested in starting his music career rather than competing against the upper echelons of Pokemon trainers in the world.

I really do want this character to work, it's a very fun antithesis to Celeste that I could really get behind and actually see having some very funny situations and banter with. But there are aspects that seem to not quite fit. Feel free to PM me to discuss things so we're not super cluttering things here.

-----------------------------------------------^^---------------------------------------------------
written before your post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The wild and enraged state of the Blaziken would also be a red flag to the Spire or for anyone who cares about Pokémon who sees him really, Sebastiano would be criticized and discredited as a trainer and possibly criminalized for keeping such a Pokémon in such a state, since it can be seen as abuse or inhumane treatment, such a Pokémon would be institutionalized so it can get the help it needs.

So what I meant by this is that Sebastiano would not even be invited to the island because of this. There is too much risk to others to have a Pokemon like that running around.

The fanfic included only one clearly defined timeskip, and that was at the start of Episode 8, when he went from 10 to 17. The timeskips to Episode 9 and finally to Episode 10 aren't specified, so there are 10 years to fill between age 17 and 27. I'm not sure at what age Celeste became a Spire Master, but Sebastiano could've read that letter when he was 20, or even 24, or even younger, leaving him a good amount of time to ascend the ranks. Perhaps Celeste wasn't even a Spire Master at the time and the letter was instead sent by those who came before her, meaning in the worst case, I'd just scrap Episode 10 entirely and make it non-canon, or change my character's age.
Not super concerned about this, Celeste probably became Spire Master around the age of 20 or so, give or take 1 year

EDIT: Yea I totally get it :D I'm sure no one here actually get super mad, if they do like: come on, just talk it out :)

Let's see if we can make it work then.
is the one main point is that sticks out to me about him not being exactly Spire Master material is that competitive or high level battling was not something he wanted to aspire to, Gabriel wanted to but not Sebastiano. The Spire Masters go far above and beyond to make sure they and their teams are successful in battles. In many cases (at least with Celeste and Ceres) perfecting the art of Pokemon battling was something they've devoted their entire lives to.

For instance, it's like taking an Olympic gymnast that has trained their entire lives to compete in the Olympics, and putting them against someone who has gymnastics training because their mom told them they had to do an extra activity.

Based on the way I understand it Sebastiano is more interested in starting his music career rather than competing against the upper echelons of Pokemon trainers in the world.
Haha, I actually addressed this exact point with StellarWind Elsydeon:
What got him this far is not an additional god button, but an exceptional talent for battling. Pokémon training is an area in which he's incredibly gifted but uninterested; the only reason he works as hard as he does is for his partner, whose dream is to become a world-renowned battling Pokémon. They help each other progress toward their goals.
Battling is something he's devoted his entire life to, and though it's not his personal dream, the fact that he works as hard as anyone else in pursuit of it is a measure of extreme loyalty and dedication to his best friend. He's also managed to work his singing into his battle style, so the two complement each other.​
So what I meant by this is that Sebastiano would not even be invited to the island because of this. There is too much risk to others to have a Pokemon like that running around.
Won't be running around as he's in his Pokéball. I don't see a problem with it as I read some of @ThanosCar_The_Inevitable 's posts that mentioned Max's Gyarados being involved in several lawsuits and nothing was said.

Last edited:
What got him this far is not an additional god button, but an exceptional talent for battling. Pokémon training is an area in which he's incredibly gifted but uninterested; the only reason he works as hard as he does is for his partner, whose dream is to become a world-renowned battling Pokémon. They help each other progress toward their goals.
Battling is something he's devoted his entire life to, and though it's not his personal dream, the fact that he works as hard as anyone else in pursuit of it is a measure of extreme loyalty and dedication to his best friend. He's also managed to work his singing into his battle style, so the two complement each other.
Lol all right fair enough, but it still sounds kind of oxymoronic, how can you devote your life to something that you're uninterested in? Like sure he can be talented and works hard at it, but if he's fundamentally uninterested would that still allow him to compete with others who are just as talented, but ARE interested, and do devote their lives to it? I'm not sure if I'm making my point clear >_<.Not trying to be picky here, the more complexities you have in your bio for the Spire Master the more i'll be digging into it, especially his lore involves another character.

So the thing about the Gyarados is that it has a bad temper, as expected from Gyarados. But mentally it's fine, it's not a crazy pokemon that can't be reasoned it with. Also Max is a Participant, his Gyarados can be quite easily stopped by others either groups of other participants, or Battlemasters
Craziken is a twitching, feral, rabid, volatile
lest he go on a rampage. He could easily snap the restraints with his bare hands, but his passing whims don't dictate it.
With Craziken it literally reads like it's crazy, Pokemon are known to be able to come out of their pokeballs when they want to, so whats stopping him from doing so when it get "triggered" by something, and if it can just stay in it's ball what's the use of the collar and leash? (and since it can just break the leash on a whim, what really is the point?" And Craziken would be a Spire Master level Pokemon, if it rampages out, the destruction would be catastrophic, would his own Pokemon even be able to stop it? Spire Master's Pokemon are known to be able to sweep entire teams of Batlemasters as reference. The Spire would have asked him to leave or replace the Pokemon before he would be allowed back even if he climbed through the ranks to become Spire Master.

Last edited:
Doesn't really make a difference in how skilled they are, a person who doesn't enjoy something but is just as hard-working and talented as one who does.
So the thing about the Gyarados is that it has a bad temper, as expected from Gyarados. But mentally it's fine, it's not a crazy pokemon that can't be reasoned it with. Also Max is a Participant, his Gyarados can be quite easily stopped by others either groups of other participants, or Battlemasters
My question is how the Spire Masters would know about Craziken's tendencies. @ThanosCar_The_Inevitable clearly mentioned lawsuits in his posts, so Gyarados's problems are on record, yet no action was taken. Whatever Blaziken's personality, I didn't mention any incidents in my bio, so the Spire Masters have nothing within the context of the RP to go off of.

^Ignore all that, I'm just messing with you. Honestly I was aware in advance that I wouldn't be able to RP Craziken as described in the bio, or the RP would get too crazy/godmoddy/destructive to other characters, so the Blaziken was actually going to be pretty boring in comparison, seldom coming out of his Pokéball. The way I want to RP him now though is like Scrat from the Ice Age—still feral and twitchy, but in a curious, squirrel-like way, nothing destructive.
and if it can just stay in it's ball what's the use of the collar and leash? (and since it can just break the leash on a whim, what really is the point?"
I can easily play it off as a distinguishing feature or take it off entirely.

Doesn't really make a difference in how skilled they are, a person who doesn't enjoy something but is just as hard-working and talented as one who does.

The thing is, is that it does make a difference. If you aren't interested about what you are devoting your life and time to, then you wont have the drive for continuing to put in the effort and self improvement required for the highest possible level of success. It's just how the human mind works because eventually the human mind will eventually start believing that they are wasting their time and effort into something that has little to no return, and if the individual continues that's one way how people get depression, become nihilistic, and overall dissatisfied with their lives, is perusing something they have no interest in. It's a classic issues we all face as humans and why getting meaningful careers is so important. So I'm not exactly surprised that we're having this discussion. Would be interested to hear others opinions on this.

Going back to the main point, this is why I don't believe Seb is quite cut out to be a Spire Master and would be better as a highly ranked Battlemaster, because to the Spire Masters, it's a career to them, it can open doors for them for their futures in the fields of Pokemon study, analysis, future regional Champions, etc. For Seb it's not really something that will let him become a better singer or start a music career off of. He gains nothing from becoming a Spire Master other than the recognition of that he is one of the best trainers in the world, and since he's not interested in that, the recognition would mean next to nothing to him, but only one of his Pokemon (Gabe) would be truely very happy about it.

Also by high ranking Battlemaster, he could literally be stuck on only one Spire Master left, that being Celeste, as someone he's just been trying to beat but can't, since you want this character to be so directly tied to her, just throwing that out there.

That second-to-last sentence is problematic, specifically the part that says only Gabe would be truly happy about it and that this would mean nothing to Seb. I've made it a point that this serves as his motivation, and he loves working as hard as he does because that's how strong their bond is.
Would be interested to hear others opinions on this.
Yeah, I think that's for the best. I don't see you budging on this particular thing, and that long and philosophical explanation makes some... pretty serious assumptions about my character's future that have neither been written in nor are decided by anyone other than the person RPing them.
Going back to the main point, this is why I don't believe Seb is quite cut out to be a Spire Master and would be better as a highly ranked Battlemaster, because to the Spire Masters, it's a career to them, it can open doors for them for their futures in the fields of Pokemon study, analysis, future regional Champions, etc. For Seb it's not really something that will let him become a better singer or start a music career off of. He gains nothing from becoming a Spire Master other than the recognition of that he is one of the best trainers in the world,
The disagreement here is essentially whether he's allowed to start out as a Spire Master in the RP, which you're saying no to. But you're also saying yes to him beginning as a Tier 3 Battlemaster with only a few victories away, which means you're agreeing to him eventually becoming one. At the same time it sounds like you're saying you don't want him being a Spire Master at all ("I don't believe Seb is quite cut out to be a Spire Master"), but if you're open to him eventually being one, then... that's sort of a contradiction. Him being on the cusp of it doesn't make much of a difference. So I'm a bit confused.
Also by high ranking Battlemaster, he could literally be stuck on only one Spire Master left, that being Celeste, as someone he's just been trying to beat but can't, since you want this character to be so directly tied to her, just throwing that out there.
I hope to take as minimal a role in this as possible given my busy schedule. Though the main reason I want him to be a Spire Master and therefore Celeste's equal is so that he's a bigger inevitable pain in her ass; a while back you said drama within the Spire Masters would be interesting.

I could just make it so that he's learned to love battling by working singing into his style, so that there's a perfect marriage between the two that satisfies both trainer and Pokémon. Since that's what you want it to be, fighting alongside each other with both their hearts in it, like Celeste and her team. In other words it's not that hard to rewrite him as having found his passion for battling, though Celeste doesn't realize he has and still dislikes him (in addition to a hundred other things). I mentioned this point in passing but I stuck to my other one (extreme devotion to his friend being his driving force) and didn't stress this option enough.

EDIT: On second thought I'm scrapping him entirely. I can't make him work within @Foxex 's personality constraints of humbleness and modesty inside and outside of battle with the crazy things I had planned, so maybe I'll go back to the drawing board or join a different RP. You guys have fun, though.

Last edited:
@Frontier Master Yes if it comes down to it But, that's just throwing ideas out there as hypothetical , since responses sometimes on the discussion page is at times sporadic and i got no clue what time zones people are in and their schedules

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
The disagreement here is essentially whether he's allowed to start out as a Spire Master in the RP, which you're saying no to. But you're also saying yes to him beginning as a Tier 3 Battlemaster with only a few victories away, which means you're agreeing to him eventually becoming one. At the same time it sounds like you're saying you don't want him being a Spire Master at all ("I don't believe Seb is quite cut out to be a Spire Master"), but if you're open to him eventually being one, then... that's sort of a contradiction. Him being on the cusp of it doesn't make much of a difference. So I'm a bit confused.

Yea, sorry about the confusion, I was referring to him not having what it takes, and him being on the cusp gives him room to grow and learn as a person and progressing to become a Spire Master. It was supposed to be thought of as a singular thought, but splitting it in two posts, i can see its not clear :D. It's not that I don't want him to but rather give him some more room to grow in the RP

I hope to take as minimal a role in this as possible given my busy schedule. Though the main reason I want him to be a Spire Master and therefore Celeste's equal is so that he's a bigger inevitable pain in her ass; a while back you said drama within the Spire Masters would be interesting.

Finally this... You know I could just make it so that he's learned to love battling by working singing into his style, so that there's a perfect marriage between the two that satisfies both trainer and Pokémon? Since that's what you want it to be, fighting alongside each other with both their hearts in it, like Celeste and her team. In other words, it's not that hard to rewrite him as having found his passion for battling, though Celeste doesn't realize he has and still dislikes him (in addition to a hundred other things).

So to this point you keep saying Seb being a pain in Celeste's ass, can I get a hypothetical scenario on how that might work? Because aside from just being straight up sexual harassment or some form of bullying (which both are illegal, and if he's a Spire Master or Battlemaster, he is employed by the Spire just as Celeste is) I cant really picture it.

That being said, and to expand on @Frontier Master 's post not all Spire Masters are equal in power and difficulty, there are clear members that are easier than others (difficulty changes depending on the challengers preferred way of battling), Celeste and Ajax are commonly regarded as the most difficult regardless of battle type, they are also the most veteran members in the Spire Masters, Ajax managing to be the first to join after Celeste had elevated, and in a way "reformed" the status of Spire Masters. I think I've talked about this earlier in the discussion, but if I need to make a list with better explanations, I will, just to keep track. A fresh Spire Master is essentially a better T3 Battlemaster until they get a footing of battling in the Spire Master environment, since they play a "different game" so to speak. If a recently promoted Spire Master fails to catch up and adapt, they will lose their rank.

Which reminds me Caziken's whole defecating on another's face in his bio. Thinking back on it. such behavior would not be allowed or tolerated at the Spire. That would be the equivalent of boxing (or name w/e 1v1 sport) once the opponent was knoked down they pooped on their face, I don't think that will fly with any kind of sport of official competition.

Being a member of the Spire Masters or Battlemasters, one must understand, emanate, and demonstrate humility, humbleness, and modesty in and out of battle.

Last edited:
@E.K.A.N.S. well good luck on your future endeavors. lets face it, we'll prob. see eachother in other RPs :D

I'm planning on making another battle focused Pokemon RP later down more centered around the idea of an underground battle circuit where it more about dirty battling and using underhanded tactics to win battles, I'll tag ya if your interested.

The Battle Spire is more of a high end battle establishment where you have regional champions, gym leaders, and other important VIPs that attend, watch, and sometimes compete, so there are more rules and more regulations and such in place because of it.

It'll be like the opposite of the Spire in a way <.>

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
What in the absolute fuck did I just miss. Aside from, apparently, some very literal shit-posting.

Some posts were removed, particularly due to the person responsible not being accepted into the RP and continuing to post stupid things in the discussion thread. Some people seriously need to actually think before they run their keyboard.

@StellarWind Elsydeon Thanks and sorry, i wasn't really sure how to deal with those kinds of content posts so i responded the best i could, I've checked the rules and didn't really find anything on that in particular but i might have missed it, but thanks for clearing things up.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
I'm down for this, hope I'm not too late.
Position: Participant
Name: Ben (Unknown)
Height:5'10
Hair Color:Black and messy, rarely attended too
Build: Above average, comes with traveling in the wild, he's also pretty skinny however.
Eye color: Very dark Brown, basically black
Skin color: Semi dark
Birthplace:Viridian Forest
First Pokémon : Riolu at three years old
Likes: Warm weather/ Swimming/ Pokemon battles/ helping people
Dislikes:Cold weather/ Evil actions/
Fears: Pretty basic, fears danger befalling himself and the people he cares about
Clothing/ Accessories: Ben is a licensed pokemon ranger, as such he wears a blue shirt under his read hoodie, as well and red goggles, a yellow scarf, and all-terrain ranger shoes, which are pretty worn out. He also carries a styler, specially modifies by Prof.Hastings, and also has a rotom inside. Otherwise, he wears jeans.
Badges: all 8 from kanto and sinnoh, hoenn 3, from sinnoh 5, from kalos 6, in galar 4,
Achievements: Was offered a place as a gym leader, which he rejected (is this too much?)
Registered in the Kanto hall of fame
Beat Red
Personality: Kind and caring to a fault, Ben will try to help every and anyone. He's capable in battle, and is surprisingly intelligent, at least pokemon-wise. He has some decent coordination when focused, and has dabbled in martial arts by training with Bea, a galar gym leader. He's pretty optimistic and like to crack jokes often. Despite his intelligence, he can be very dense and can't really take a hint unless said aloud. He's clumsy whenever unfocused, which is often. He can be very sarcastic and snarky when in a bad mood, usually because of cold or if he just doesn't like the person.

Battle Style: Ben is the definition of adaptable, he usually uses the first few moves in a battle to get a feel for the opponent's battle style, the adapts his to counter the other. If the opponent plays right though, he won't be able to, after which he will simply use the old strategy "Beat'em till they fall". This sync well with his lucario, whose multitude of movesets allow for a flexible pokemon.

Background: Ben always wanted to be a trainer, but he never really tried to study to be one. It was after he got his riolu at 6 years old when he started to genuinely want to accomplish his dream, so he studied hard, and after years of studying, he got his trainer license. Previously he wanted to be the champion, but after the discovery of other regions, he decide he just wanted to experience adventure, and that's what brought him to the battle tower, to train his skill and discover things.

Pokemon: Lucario
Personality: (Hardy)Lucario is very stoic, almost emotionless. His quiet, calm and collected exterior hides a burning passion for battle.
Held item:
Ability: Justified

Pokemon: Golurk
Personality: (Docile) The best description for golurk would be a "gentle giant". Very powerful, but normally likes to be around others, although his size can be intimidating.
Held item: Shell bell ( Hung around it's neck(?))
Ability: Iron fist

Pokemon: Flygon
Personality: (Jolly) A very friendly pokemon, Flygon has a habit of biting on Ben's head as a sign on affection.
Held item: Smooth rock (Attached to collar)
Ability: Levitate

Pokemon: Ampharos
Personality: (Mild) Ampharos is a surprising powerhouse despite it's demeanor. Somewhat shy, ampharos can change the color of his light to display his emotions, though he mostly keeps it red, which requires the least energy. (It does give people the impression it's always angry however)
Held item: Rocky helmet
Ability: Static

Pokemon: Porygon-Z
Personality: (Quirky) Porygon-Z acts fairly oddly, normally being happy-go-lucky and chipper, but after his evolution into his current form, he occasionally goes into a blank state, showing no emotion, other than the occasional twitches he performs. He's still obeys ben however, and the state goes away eventually.
Held item: Lax incense
Ability: Analytic

Pokemon: Weavile
Personality: (Naughty) Weavile is a pretty tricksy pokemon, only she does truly care for Ben, even if she doesn't act like it.
Held item: Razor claw
Ability: Pickpocket

Pokemon: Dragonite
Personality: (Jolly) Ever since joining his team, Ben's dragonite was always upbeat, it rarely gets serious, but when it does, hoooooo boi
Held item: Wide lens ( Over his eyes. Allows dragonite to aim better and fly faster, now that the wind won't bother his eyes)
Ability:Inner focus

Pokemon: Greninja
Personality: (Serious) Calm and collected, greninja prefers to keep the opponent as a distance, but is fairly good a close quarters combat as well.
Held item: Expert belt ( Tied around arm)
Ability: Protean

Pokemon: Sceptile
Personality:(Rash) A very confident, very smug pokemon, with a secret nice streak.
Held item: Big root ( Hidden between his back seeds)
Ability: Unburden

Pokemon: Cinderace
Personality: (Adamant) Cinderace is a crowd pleaser, always being flashy and dramatic in battle ( It even faked and injury in battle, which somehow benefited ben)
Held item: Hard rock ( Stuffed inside its bottom half fluff, does not affect cinderace directly, but she does need a stone to use pyro ball)
Ability: Blaze

Pokemon: Lycanroc (Dusk forme)
Personality: (Docile)As most dog pokemon are, lycanroc is protective of Ben, playful, and has a great sense of smell
Held item: Hard rock ( Buried in Lycaroc's mane)
Ability: Tough Claws

Pokemon: Cramorant
Personality: (Quirky) Cramorant is amazingly powerful ever since he was caught. A very capable battler, Cramorant nearly decimated his local arrokuda population while he was wild. There's one thing holding him back. His intelligence: one of the dumbest members of Ben's party, he doesn't really know what's going on, ever.
Held item: Damp stone (A replacement for arrokuda after using surf and dive)
Ability: Gulp Missile

Notes: The rotom ben carries inside his styler is an extra pokemon, but unable to battle. The rotom is legally retired from battle, meaning that while it can battle for self defense or even a friendly match, it cannot participate in official pokemon battles, such as gyms or league battles. It behaves similar to a rotom phone, working as a pokedex.( This sounds legit right)

Rotom:
Personality: (Quirky)

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Quoted from the official Pokecharms Pokemon Roleplay Rules:

"Any Mega Pokémon needs to be authorized by one of the RP moderators prior to making references to such, including in provisional character bios - PM us with your request, citing the character (complete with up-to-date character bio), the Pokémon, and sufficient proof of the bond between the Trainer and Pokémon, as well as the way they attained a Mega Stone and Key Stone. These must be plausible enough to be considered.

In case this was not clear - the very ownership of Mega Stones and Key Stones in general
requires request of permission
and the manner in which these were obtained must be cleared in advance. Do not presume that you can simply write your character as having all the means required for Mega Evolution so long as you don't use the power in the RP itself."

These aren't my words, this is just what the rules say.

You'll need at least 6 Pokemon on your team. Also:

Height:5'12

5'12" is 6 feet XD since there is 12 inches in a foot.

But 17, and has beaten all Champions, possibly even younger than that? That seems a bit young. None of the Champions in the game are younger than 25, let alone 20. How does he compare to the other Champion winners, who have spent the better part of their lives, hell even a couple of decades, learning strategies and training their Pokemon to be the best? How does he beat the Champions, who have 5 years of experience or more than your character?

This isn't like the games, where Champions are easy pickings if you got the right team, hell even the right level or moves. In the anime, they are shown to be the cream of the crop and have even shown to decimate trainers before them with ease, as well as make some decisions befitting of a president or mayor of the region.

Does your character, at such a young age, able to hold on to that responsibility for a while before leaving to challenge other Champions?

Last edited:
Running some errands right not so I’ll review it in a bit, but at a quick glance he needs a full team of six, there’s no way he could achieve champion or any similar task with a single Pokémon.