• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Shade and her Pokemon watched intently at the others. Her staring being construed as creepy, as she didn't move when she stared. Sheila looked at Robin and Amelia before chuckling and had her Dragonite gather them towards her. "I think I'll help in taking them away. Miss, if you want to learn and observe, maybe you'd like it if I let you observe me training Robin, if Robin doesn't mind." She gave the man an inquisitive look before looking back at Shade. "And Shade, don't worry about Ajax's Pokemon. You need to watch out for Ajax. Although, I'm glad that you guys had a wonderful battle. You may prove to be hard to handle if I fight you, seeing as you gave one of the top 3 trouble."

She gave Shade and Ajax a teasing smile before hopping on her Dragonite and patting behind her, giving Amelia and Robin a spot to ride on if they so wished so they can leave. Shade just chuckled and looked at Ajax. @The Legendary Trainer @Frontier Master @Captain Cardboard

Meanwhile, Vapor decided to give the Ninjask a spot to appear. She smashed a bit of the ice with her tail in a somersault with her Iron Tail, causing a little hole to appear. As soon as she did that, she created a Whirlpool by controlling the water underground, making the still water spin, destroying some of the passages by collapsing them and creating new passages. Some of the water flooded up to the hole and some more water came out of the hole, causing a mini Whirlpool to appear in front of Vapor. If Flash wasn't in trouble, they would be even more in trouble now. Meanwhile, Vapor was struggling. Her fins were vibrating and her eyes shone a bright blue while her body emitted a blue aura. She seemed to be concentrating hard to control this much water at once. @BegalBitez

She looked awfully surprised at debatably the most generous offer any . Like a bullet train was heading in her direction and she didn't exactly know how to respond. After the shock died down, she shook her head, then quickly responded. "Um, sure mam. I... ". She then looked as a small smile appeared on her as her voice went up from being very soft to just soft as she said " Thank you so very much ! " . She said, bowing, then softly saying "S-Sorry for yelling so loud . Yes, I would love to take you up on that offer. That is, if the one you are training accepts someone like m--". Before she could go into her 'self-conscious rant about how pathetic she is as a trainer' , her Hydreigon nudged her hard in the back of the head, causing her to hold her head. "W-Why did you do that, Judge ?!". Judge, the Hydreigon almost looked like it shrugged in response.

@Merciless Medic
@Captain Cardboard

Amara had been training with her Pokemon to hopefully have a rematch with the person from the night prior, with Pidgeot putting the most effort in. Though any challenger would be great by then, training was a must.
“Freya, put more effort in... I’m planning to utilise Psychic Edge for the next battle I put you in!”, she tells her. The Espeon slightly disobeys but keeps going with the group.

Robin looked from trainer to trainer in the clear, finally noticing Amelia. She seemed rather strange to Robin, being very young with Blonde hair and a purple jacket. A Hydregion flanked her, and Robin could tell that it was quite affectionate towards her. How did a girl so young get onto this island? Was she an elite trainer? It wasn't unheard of for teenagers and kids to rise through the ranks and become powerful trainers, but Robin had only heard of a few getting to a level that would have allowed them to receive an invitation to come to this island.

Turning his attention to Shade and Ajax, Robin noticed Shade and her Pokemon staring at the group, unmoving. It was rather strange. Robin and his Plusle shared a glance before the both of them smiled. Then in unison, the Pokemon and human began making faces at Shade and her Pokemon. The goal was to make them change their expression, get them to show a hint of a smile, a twitch, anything. Was it an immature thing for a 28 year old man to do? Yes. Was Robin and Cherry doing it anyway? Yes.

However, Robin stopped making faces when Shelia mentioned his name. Surprised, Robin looked back at the wild woman. She was offering to train him? He hadn't been expecting that! The swordsman straightened up as Shelia's Dragonite began to guide him and Amelia back towards Sheila.
"Uh... Right! Training. Yeah." Robin said. The swordsman turned and looked over Amelia before shrugging and offering the teenager a grin. "Sure! I don't see why not."

Shelia jumped on her Dragonite, gesturing behind her for both or either Robin and Shelia to jump on as well. It looked like they were heading out.
"Sorry for disturbing you." Robin said to Ajax politely. Turning towards Shade, Robin grinned.
"It's been a while, so I don't blame you if you don't recognize me. We should meet up some time." Robin said to Shade. With that, Robin walked towards Shelia's Dragonite. In truth, Robin wasn't a big fan of flying. Especially on the backs of Pokemon. Sure, he could handle heights and climbing cliff faces. But flying? Not a fan. He tried to not let his nervousness show as he climbed on the back of Shelia's Dragonite, sitting behind Shelia. He recalled Cherry back to her Pokeball, making sure to secure everything he had so they wouldn't drop off mid-flight.

Flash, heard a smashing sound up above and then saw the water start to move at the bottom of the pit. Who ever is up there is trying to get me out. I'll suprise them by popping up from behind /under.
Using the speed and digging he had. He took every little pebble he could find and used the mud to attach it to his hands(claws? extremidies?) to have some strength against the ice. Charging up his speed. He brought forth power of an aerial ace around the stones and charged up to the surface, being guided by his bug buzzing. He broke through the ice and charged head first at the...Vaporeon?!....using his aerial ace to land several planned speedy hits.

Kari woke up with such excitement that Shadow nearly leapt off the bed. The rest of her team slowly woke up as well from the respective sleeping places. Kari took a quick shower again to wake herself up even more and got dressed, she smiled broadly to herself as she combed and brushed her hair back into place. Looking around she saw the rest of her team finishing up their own morning routines and was ready for the day. She noticed an unread message on the screen of her STIK. She pressed the envelope on the screen and it was a video message from Celeste:

“Wakey, wakey cousin, it’s time for food! Meet me at the Sea Side Café down by the Battle Beach in about forty-five minutes, I know how much you love the water. I’ll see you there!”

Celeste waved good bye, as Sylvia playfully butted into the corner frame and waved before the video ended. Kari looked at the timestamp of the message and it was received five minutes ago. She sighed with relief fearing that she might have been nearly late again. “Well let’s go now shall we?” Kari stood up from her bed and looked at her team, they all nodded back in response. Kari returned them back to their balls with the exception of Shadow. Walking out of the elevator into the lobby, Kari was greeted by bright natural sunlight beaming through the lobby’s many windows. The place was still busy, trainers interacting with their Pokémon, hyping them up or calming them down, the staff running around trying to get everything in order, people calling home, people eating, and even some just sitting around and taking it all in. Kari smiled with confidence as she left the lobby and went outside to the front.

Sal emerged from his Pokéball once Kari made it out, he stretched his wings and roared loudly into the sky. “Well, since we got a bit of time, let’s fly around and see some sights.” As Kari climbed onto Sal’s back, Flux emerged from its Pokéball and floated up to them. Kari grinned as she picked up Shadow and seated her behind, making sure she had a good grip on her jumper and backpack so she won’t go flying off when they took off.

With one final roar, Sal took to the skies, Kari loved flying almost as much as surfing and swimming. She pulled down a pair of goggles so she could see the dots of people below. As they flew and drew distance, Kari looked at the Spire and sighed in wonder at the beautiful structure. She them let Sal fly around for a while, letting him go where he pleased, they visited the mountain regions, rolling plains, and even the got close to the snowcapped mountains before turning back around. After a while Kari noticed the time and pointed Sal in the direction of what she assumed was the Battle Beach. There were tons of people there, battling on the beach, and over the water alike wither in the water or on levitating platforms, in addition people were enjoying the space like any regular beach, tanning, swimming, relaxing, building things in the sand etc. While getting closer she noticed a particular large mob gathered around an arena on the center of the beach. She gave Sal a few gentle on his neck to get his attention and pointed at the spot, he descended and hovered a few meters above to avoid kicking up sand at the people. When they got closer she knew why there was such a crowd, Rebecca was battling Ceres and by the looks of the holographic display, Rebecca was on her last Pokémon while Ceres still had four. It was no surprises when Rebecca sent out Bubbles as her final Pokémon against the biggest Milotic that Kari had ever seen, she had only ever seen a few, but Ceres’s was the largest so far by quite a margin.

As soon as Bubbles stepped foot into the arena he was assaulted by Toxic Spikes, Spikes, and Stealth Rocks, all at the same time leaving him far worse for wear before the battle even started, while the Milotic seemed in perfect condition. The clear sound of a bell signaled the start of the battle round. Immediately the Milotic began surging with red and electricity and a black smoke partially surrounded her as the Dragon Dance began.

Bubbles roared as he rapidly closed the distance half flying and half sprinting, his fist surging with a readied Thunder Punch. The Milotic whipped her tail at Bubbles with incredible force, intercepting his attack with her tail. The electricity surged into the Milotic, but she seemed un-phased as the dragon energy she was gathering for the Dragon Dance began to refocus onto her tail.

“Get out of there!” Rebecca shouted. Bubbles braced for impact as a huge Twister shot out from Milotic’s tail fin knocking Bubbles back, but he managed to brace for the sudden attack, a half-baked Protect absorbed most of the damage while only suffering minor injuries, he was suffering more from the severe poison of the Toxic Spikes.

Ceres was playing her ocarina, seemingly paying only partial attention to the battle. Milotic flashed light blue with ice energy before rearing back slightly and spitting out a power gust of Icy Wind at Bubbles.

“Double Screens and rush her down!” Rebecca commanded, Bubbles erected a Light Screen in no time and a Reflect right behind it as well and then proceeded to charge into it, pushing the Reflect and Light Screen forward, the Light Screen blocking the Icy Wind, but it was cracking, Bubbles slammed the screens into the Milotic, shattering them, and following up with a Thunder Punch from both fists. Both attacks connected with the Milotic causing her to cry out in pain. Bubble’s antennae on his head began to float like they were in water and surge with electricity as he gripped onto the Milotic. Bubbles was fighting hard against the poison.

Despite the situation Ceres still looked unworried as she continued playing her instrument. The tone of her music suddenly changed into a short sharp staccato-ed waltz-like rhythm. The Milotic just as quickly shoved her body forward and threw herself around Bubbles and tightened, in an inescapable Wrap. The Milotic’s body began to glow a bright white as Bubble’s Thunder erupted, the powerful electricity surged onto the Milotic with no effect before the Thunder turned blue and rebounded back onto the constricted Bubbles shocking him for even more damage. Remaining coiled, the Milotic then began to charge a Hyper Beam, and she shot it down at Bubbles who was still in the early stages of recovery from the reflected Thunder. The blast from the Hyper Beam sent Bubbles into the crater in the sand after the Milotic unwrapped herself and backed away.

The battle was over, Kari stared in disbelief as Sal landed nearby and Kari dismounted. Rebecca returned Bubbles and sighed as the hologram displayed the winner as Ceres. It was an official match. The gathered audience applauded and slowly disbanded. Cere’s Milotic glowed green and Recovered before Ceres gave her few loving pats and a hug. Rebeca approached her and smiled.

“That was a great battle.” Ceres said with a grin as she pocked her ocarina in her dress pocket, it was simpler, older, and more worn looking than the one she used in the battle the night before. “You’ve gotten better since last time we battled.”

“Did I?” Rebecca laughed, “I KO-ed the same two Pokémon while still losing most of my team doing it, then got swept by your third.”

“True, but you did get some great hits in, and your strategic thinking has gotten a lot better along with the response and reaction times of your Pokémon. Also I did notice that you started using half-bakes, that’s a huge step forward.” The two trainers shook hands and nodded at one another. “Well I best be going now, good luck.” Ceres waved Rebecca goodbye as she turned to leave the Battle Beach.

Kari just stood there and stared, completely forgetting herself until Ceres walked up to her. “Why, hello there, judging by how you look, I assume you’re a new participant!”

Kari snapped back to herself hearing Ceres’s words, “Yes! Yea, this is my first time at the island, its amazing…. YOU’RE AMAZING!” Kari exclaimed, startling Shadow and catching the attention of some of the other beach goers.

“Glad to hear it, I’m Ceres Aeons, one of the Spire Masters here, pleased to meet you.” Ceres offered her hand.

Kari eagerly took it and shook it, “I’m Kari Rebane, I watch you battle last night, it was incredible!” Kari squeed with excitement, she was starting to behave like a fan girl. “Oh my gosh! I LOVE your accent!” Kari was bouncing up and down.

Ceres smiled back slightly nervously, not sure how to handle Kari’s level of energy. “Thank you, I’m flattered. It’s a Galaren accent, if where I’m from you see.” Ceres’s Milotic was looking down at the two ladies and at Kari’s Pokémon with curiosity.

Kari looked up at the stunning serpent Pokémon instantly feeling calmer and more relaxed. “She’s beautiful… and huge!” Kari waved at the Milotic, she knew in the back of her mind that she must be coming off like an idiot, but she didn’t care.

“Oh, thanks! This is Miyo, she’s been with me near the very beginning of my journey. If I remember correctly, she was the first Pokémon I fished up as a Feebas, and the third to join the team right after Whisper when she was still a Vulpex.” At the mention of her name Whisper the Ninetales erupted from her Pokéball, emerged and sat next to Ceres.

Shadow looked at the Pokémon warily, but Whisper paid her no attention. “I would love to stay and chat but I’m meeting a friend for breakfast, so if you don’t mind I need to be going now. It was nice to meet you!” Ceres returned Miyo to her Pokéball.

“Oh, of course! I’m actually on my way to meet my cousin for breakfast at the Sea Side Café, do you happen to know where that is? I assume this is the Battle Beach.”

“Well what a coincidence, that’s where I’m going as well, we’ll go together, if that’s all right with you.” Ceres said gently patting Whisper.

Kari nodded vigorously, too excited for words.

The Sea Side Café was exactly true to its name. The building was relatively large, and constructed in the same contemporary style of the resort, with many windows and bold shapes and angles. It had a huge wooden patio that stretched around the building and also out over the water like a makeshift pier, but instead was tables, umbrellas, couches and various other lounging furniture along with a juice bar and a pseudo outdoor kitchen that seemed to be mainly focused on flame grilled goods. Large arching palm trees accented the place making it the ideal tropical theme. The place had a decent amount of customers both inside and out, the waiting staff was tenanted by a troupe of Alolan Raichus, swiftly flying around on their tails and utilizing their physic powers to keep plates and other things from toppling over, while the outdoor grill was manned by a Delphox and a pair of Braxien who cooked with perfect precision while putting on a spectacle of a fire show.

The smell of flame grilled goods wafted around in the air outside, but inside, the smells were of coffee, tea, baked goods, bacon, and various other breakfast items. The inside was large and spacious, decorated to feel comfy and homely warmly lit, at night but during the day it’s bright and colorful, there are two level to the restaurant the second level being more of an enlarged loft with an extended outdoor patio that also looked out over the water.

Upon entering the two were greeted by a well-dressed debonair woman with bright red and pinkish spiky hair and her Flareon beside her, “Oh, hello Ceres,” she greeted, upon seeing the Spire Master, “And hello to you as well.” She bowed deeply to Kari.

Not sure what to do exactly she just nodded, smiled and returned the greeting.

“Always a pleasure to see you too Kat. I’m here to meet Celeste for breakfast, is she already here?”

Before Kat was able to say anything Kari turned to Ceres, “What?! Celeste is my cousin! I’m here to meet her for breakfast too!”

Ceres laughed lightly, “Well then, let’s go!”

“Well, you’re in luck because Celeste is here and she had requested a table for three, follow me outside please.” Kat turned and led them across the dining room and towards the glass door that led outside onto the wooden patio. As they crossed the dining room, many heads were turned and a lot of people waved at Ceres. The diners there were all seemingly other participants, most of them dining together with other friends and Pokémon, most of them seemed quite powerful.

Celeste was seated at the far end of the dock having both a great view of the water, and of the café building itself along with the beach. Lucas was near the table in a slightly more open area practicing his kata, catching the admiration and gaze of one of the female Braxien at the grill causing her to stare. Sylvia was on her other side. A large shiny Volcarona that Kari recognized was Tempris was flying around overhead and occasionally out over the water.

“CELESTE!” Kari nearly screamed, it had been almost two years since they had seen each other. She ran up to her as Celeste got up to meet them. The two hugged each other tightly before letting go.

“Kari! I hope you’re finding everything on the island to your liking. And I see that you’ve already met Ceres.” Celeste said gesturing for the two to sit.

Ceres smiled as her entire team erupted out from their Pokéballs. Miyo and Xoa went into the water, Snips flew into the air and began lazily swimming around while playing with the Dreepy in his horns, Ferris, her Ferrothron along with Moegami and Whisper joined Lucas in the open area on the outcropping, Moegami was studying Lucas while Ferris and Whisper was just relaxing and enjoying the sun.

Kari and Shadow along with Ceres sat next to each other, opposite of Celeste. The Weavile waved at Sylvia and she waved back happily.

“Well, this was unexpected, so how do you two know one another? Is she a student?” Ceres asked with a smile once they settled down.

“Nah, Kari is my cousin, and fellow Pokémon trainer, she’s quite the up and coming trainer in Hoenn.”

“Oh, wow really? That’s brilliant! I hope to meet one of my younger brothers here one day that would be amazing!” Ceres turned to look at Kari. “So what kind of Pokémon do you prefer?”

A bit thrown off by the question Kari sat and thought for a moment and looked at Shadow then back at Ceres. “I honestly don’t really know, my team is kind of a mishmash of Pokémon I met throughout my journey. But they’re all very strong and get along with another like a big family so that’s a great plus.” Kari thought back to how she met everyone on her team, remembering each moment almost brought a tear to her eyes, looking back at how much they’ve grown since they became a team.

Ceres nodded and smiled, “That’s the best, so many people undervalue the relationship of Pokémon among their teams. It’s important to have a close bond with your Pokémon as a trainer but building trust and having a powerful bond between Pokémon and Pokémon on a team can have even greater results.” Ceres looked at Moegami who was now trying to imitate Lucas’s katas but failing and falling onto his butt. Lucas stopped and helped him back up and began to show him how to properly do the katas.

As Celeste was about to speak, Kat approached their table with her Flareon, “Sorry to interrupt, but do you know what you’ll be having?”

Celeste looked at Kari, “Want to just try everything?” she asked with a grin.”

Kari laughed, “Oh my gosh yes! I’m so hungry!”

“All right then, some of everything, for the Pokémon too.” Celeste added. “You can let out your team Kari, it’s all good here.”

Kat nodded, “Yes ma’am! Cynder you heard the lady! Alert the grill.” she scribbled some notes onto her notepad and walked away. Her Flareon ran up to the Braxen and Delphox and the three of them sprang into action, kicking the grill into high heat, putting on a spectacular show as they did so.

Kari let her team out of their Pokéballs. Celeste’s Pokémon were all familiar with them, greeting them warmly and introducing them to Ceres’s Pokémon. Sylvia had leaped off the couch and walked up to Sal, the two stared intensely at each other. Sylvia flourished her ribbons as Sal promptly fell over onto his side. Sylvia leaped onto his side looking triumphantly over the “defeated” dragon. The teams of Pokémon laughed at the exchange before they reengaged in their conversations. Snips had descended from their air and was partially in the ground as he interacted with the new team of Pokémon.

The three trainers watched their Pokémon for a while, simply enjoying the moment. A rare moment for the two Spire Masters to get to completely relax. Soon plate and plates of food were brought to the table and to their Pokémon, most of the food were Aloan inspired, light, flavorful, and beautifully decorated. As they ate they exchanged pleasantries as Kari and Celeste caught up on their adventures in the near two years they’ve not seen each other. Eventually the conversation returned back to the Battle Spire, and Kari remembered that she had some questions for her cousin from the battle the night before things that she saw that did not make sense to her.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(Sorry for dying. Excuse me while I yeet something from my creative reserves into here...)

The Psychic-type reacted on instinct, his ears flinging open once more. A powerful burst of psychokinetic energy burst out around him, but he didn't bother steadying himself, sending him spiraling off to the side. He was, however, hurt by the recoil from using his psychic energy in such an unorthodox way, and winced. Growling in frustration, Meowstic suddenly lunged at the bombastic Alolan starter, cloaked in Fairy-type energy. (Play Rough)

Harmony visibly tensed at seeing the rather.... overkill move combination. It wasn't anything the experienced Pokemon hadn't seen before, but still...
"Harmony, Fire Blast!"
Harmony summoned a kanji-esque blaze, sending it flying forward, easily incinerating the Grass-type Energy Balls. The Shadow Balls, however, managed to get through, and the Psychic energy was about to take effect. The Flying-type decided now was not the time to be rational.
A blazing white energy cloaked the Jubilee Pokemon, as well as a faint blue aura - Double-Edge and Protect. The protective barrier was not physically manifested, therefore it allowed Harmony to move freely - but its protective capabilities were lessened. Bracing herself, Harmony flew directly through the storm of energy, taking advantage of the ensuing explosion to attack Alakazam from the side. Her entire body felt like it was on fire, but she endured it regardless.

Shade realized who Robin was and smiled cheerily at him, waving her hand at him in greeting. "Sorry about that, it has been awhile. Later today, we can chat a little. See you later." Doom and Chu, having recognized Robin, both barked and squeaked in greeting respectively before returning their attentions to Ajax, waiting for the training to get underway. Meanwhile, Gar and Princess, the Jellicent, had looked over at the faces being made and snickered, while the Decidueye got done preening his feathers and the Malamar was getting a little impatient, tapping his supposed foot on the ground. The Reuniclus just waved cheerily before looking back at Ajax. The Hydreigon just ignored them, but gave Amelia's Hydreigon a wary glance before looking back at Ajax.

Sheila let this motherly smile escape her as she saw the reactions from both Amelia and Robin. However, she did notice the turn her sentence would have been if her Hydreigon didn't bump her. She made a clicking noise with her tongue and shook her finger in the air at Amelia, as if what she said was somehow wrong. "Now, now, you will never become as good as us with that attitude. If you are going to have any negative attitude, at least have one that pushes you to get better instead of making you hate yourself and lose your sense of direction. Now, come on. Let's leave these two to their training."

Once Robin was settled and Amelia got ready to fly, Sheila patted her Dragonite's head. A bellow was heard as one flap of those tiny wings sent the Dragonite up into the air almost immediately. However, the speed from the take-off tapered off into a smooth ride across the sky. They were now high above, that the tallest building on the island was eye level, and Sheila peeked downwards to take in the sights. Man, this was amazing.

She looked on ahead and found a suitable spot. A beach that had no one there. Perfect for training. She pointed at the beach and her Dragonite slowly veered towards the location and began to descend. Normally, they would be diving faster through the air because they are descending, but Dragonite had its wings tilted in such a way that they weren't gaining or losing any speed. Meanwhile, Sheila looked back at Robin. "So, what do you know so far about battling? What's your team like?" @Frontier Master @The Legendary Trainer @Captain Cardboard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vapor had been focusing on controlling all of the water, but found it too exhausting. She settled for controlling the water that was immediately in front of her until she felt something smash directly under her. Without hesitation, she jumped into the water and melted inside with Acid Armor. However, she got nicked by the attack that was used to get Flash out from under the ice, so she was already getting pretty tired. Still, a Vaporeon has more stamina than the other Eeveelutions, so she wasn't likely going to go down soon. She became one with the water and Water Guns and Bubble Beams were being shot out from the water at varying locations at the Ninjask. Even an Aurora Beam was sailed by, and the freezing temperature from the beam caused a bit of the water to freeze up, only to break with icy chunks now flowing within the watery vortex. @BegalBitez

Last edited:
Sasha saw Flash break though the surface as the Vapreon jumped into the water and disappeared, then shooting blasts of water and ice. Flash's speed allowed him to dodge left and right, blocking some attacks with some X-scissors. Flash then focused some power into his hands, and started pulling energy out of the water towards him(Giga drain). He then, flew towards Sasha. And, waited for the Vaporeon to make a move.

As soon as the Dragonite lifted off, Robin kept a tight grip on the dragon-type Pokemon. He was not a fan of flying, and while he managed to keep a rather deadpan expression his knuckles were beginning to turn white. They were so high, so high! No seatbelts, no seats, no saddles, just clinging onto the back of a Dragonite and praying that he didn't fall off. Oh geez, they were even higher than quite a few buildings! If he were to fall off now, well... Robin didn't have any Pokemon that knew fly. It would be a quick, one-way trip. And while Robin was one for thrills and adrenaline pumping activities, well... at least he would die in one last thrill with adrenaline pumping through his system. If he fell, that was.

It only took a few moments, but Robin felt themselves beginning to descend. Nervously, the swordsman glanced over the side of the Dragonite. They were heading towards a beach. Nice. He might go swimming later, maybe relax on the beach... that would be nice, for sure. Suddenly, Robin became aware that Shelia was talking to him. If he had been a little less scared, Robin probably would have shot back some joking response like, 'absolutely nothing! That was why I got invited to an island with the most powerful trainers in the world, why do you ask?' or 'I use an entire team of Magikarp!' or something like that. But as it was, Robin found he was only able to look back up at Shelia and say, "Well, I've beaten a few Elite Four members, and completed a lot of the Gym Challenges from different regions..."

@Merciless Medic

(I want to apologize for the long wait)

Amelia smiled warmly at the confirmation from the other @Captain Cardboard , hoping nothing bad can happen from this. While she doesn't think that will happen in the slightest, it's jut the nerves getting to her, surprised she was actually accepted to join here. "Um, thank you oh so very much. I hope I don't do anything stupid". With that aforementioned decree, she proceeded to climb on top of Dragonite's back, being careful not to bump into anyone or trying to make the Dragonite uncomfortable, if the pokemon could even get that way via any means.

This definitely didn't prepare her for the speed. Her eyes widened as she held on for dear life. She never flew on the back of a pokemon before, but refused to announce anything in fear of being seen as 'annoying' to others, but in the back of her mind she was definitely scared. Her Hydreigon managed to actively keep with the Dragonite, albeit was notably struggling at first as battle speed doesn't mean he can actively travel at the speed it battled at a long pace, especially when it never did such before. She heard Shelia's question and honestly was interested to hear the answer. She wanted to learn as much as she could about battling, but was definitely afraid to do so since her only battling experience was a few select battles where her older sister was there instructing her.

When she heard his experiences honestly it made her pretty much gasp in shock. She knew to be scouted by someone like a Spire Master they had to, by prodxy, have some form of an achievement, but to say that he did all of that was breathtaking. Honestly, she had to respect Robin, and she proceeded to do so, no hint implying she was lying or being sarcastic: "Um... Wow, Robin ! That's honestly an impressive list of accomplishments. ". She was then hesitant. Should she actually say something and reveal just how bad of a trainer she actually is ? Well, she can't exactly learn without revealing what she is now, so she can be someone better later.

So, she swallowed every bit of self-doubt and tried to say something. "Uhm, I know you didn't necessarily ask me, Miss Shelia . But, I wanted to tell just in case you can tell me what I should work on in the future , if that's okay ? Okay, so I don't have much experience outside of my sister Frankie, who genuinely instructs me how to battles. I once went to the Battle Tree and did well on some battles but, they were likely going easy on me. So, my battle instincts when by myself... Is severely limited." . She said sadly, which caused her to again get slapped by her Hydreigon in the back of her head, which unironically almost made her fall off the Dragonite if it not have been for some considerable timing on her part and the fact Hydreigon grabbed her and threw her back on with it's strong maw , much to the chargrin of her young trainer..

Her Hydreigon at this point adapted to the speed of the flying Dragonite, who in which Amelia said to the following "Come on, Judge, don't do that please ? I don't think you would want to make people worry" . Nothing in that statement even remotely implied she cared enough about herself to say 'You wouldn't want to hurt your only trainer'. Her Hydreigon actually stuck it's tongue out in a cheeky tone, making the young blossoming trainer blush in embarrassment of how her pokemon was acting. "I... I apologize for Judge. He means well, but he's... Has a bit of an attitude" .

@Captain Cardboard , @Merciless Medic

Last edited:
(OOC: @BegalBitez, I have updated my last post. Vapor got hit when Flash broke through the ice, but she managed to jump into the whirlpool in time to vanish. Still though, I felt bad for misinterpreting your plan of attack, so I made it more logical and that was Vapor getting hit.)

BIC:
As soon as Vapor realized her plan of attack wasn't working, she was going to do something else. However, Flash used Giga Drain. Despite the massive stamina Vaporeon were known for having, their defenses towards special attacks, especially those of their weaknesses, weren't all that great, but they weren't bad either. A healthy amount of decent, really. Still, their physical defense couldn't match their elemental defense, but the Giga Drain still hurt. Flash was likely to gain all of that health and energy back due to Vapor's high stamina and energy, which wasn't good, either.

Eva felt like she was trying to climb an uphill battle as she watched Vapor reappear from the whirlpool and the water fell back to the ground, soaking it. How was her Pokemon supposed to beat Sasha's Pokemon? She felt almost like she was wasting her time here. Why did she even bother? Tears welled up in her eyes again, but she fought them back enough to yell out a command. "Icy Pump!"

Vapor summoned a cryosphere that was meant for Ice Beam. As soon as she was about to exhale the beam towards Flash, a blast of water exited the mouth of the Vaporeon, and the cryosphere froze the end of the Hydro Pump, sending the huge ice block towards Flash. The rest of the attack behind the block was still water though, so if the ice broke, the water would end up rushing through. It can also be sustained and aimed.

Too bad Vaporeons can't learn Life Dew, or else Eva was going to use that. Oh wait... Her entire team had Wish... Why wasn't she using that this entire time? Now she knew her plan of attack, she waited for Sasha's move. Still though, her cheeks were getting flushed with anger and the impending tears from her eyes. The tears also aided in making her eyes glint more in the rising sun, which aided in blurring her vision. She wasn't going to wipe them away though. They didn't threaten to stream down her cheeks, so she wasn't going to show weakness in a battle like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheila can feel the minute tension her Dragonite had on its back. The muscles twitched as the two humans grabbed for anything that could support them and a small smirk teased the Dragonite's face as they descended. This was going to take a moment, but hardly enough for a conversation. Only enough for Sheila to hear the answer for her questions. Dragonites were known for their aerial speed. She knew the two were either likely terrified of flying or of falling off, but she did nothing to quell their fear. It was fun to live in fear, at least a little bit. She wasn't going to harm them and, if they had fallen, she'd catch them or have her Dragonite save them. She didn't mean to make their fear worse in not doing anything to console them, but there was no point. In fact, they were likely would never be given mercy from fear when fighting against a Spire Master anyway, especially from the likes of... Well, any one of them.

When the Spire Master heard of Robin's achievements against the beating winds that pushed and caressed their bodies, she nodded in acknowledgement. A few Elite Four members and completing Gym Challenges throughout the regions was still quite the resume, but she felt like it wasn't enough. Right afterwards, Amelia congratulated him on his achievements and then hesitantly asked if helping her battle was okay and proceeded to explain her achievements and experiences. She nodded in acknowledgement and she smiled as she yelled back at Amelia against the roaring wind. "I asked both of you technically. But your sister is Frankie? I know her. She's a fellow Spire Master. I would like to know how rigged those trainers were in the Battle Tree, if you actually know if they were or not."

Sheila noticed the interaction between Pokemon and trainer and chuckled while shaking her head. An attitude? A battle will solve that, and they were close to the beach.

They finally reached the beach and the Dragonite flapped twice and slowed down enough to land on all fours in the shifting sands. With that, Sheila got off and called out all of her Pokemon. All of them Pseudo-Legendaries. A Tyranitar, with a sweet disposition on its face, laid in the sands to relax in the late morning sun. A Metagross and Salamence revealed themselves and the Salamence immediately climbed atop the Metagross to sleep some more before the Metagross hovered a few feet off the ground and went to hover above the water to enjoy the ocean. A Garchomp was next and it immediately dove into the ground. A fin was all anyone could see as the Garchomp swam in the sand like a land-shark. A Hydreigon was released and it immediately had a staring contest with Amelia's own Hydreigon before standing at attention in front of Sheila. A Goodra and Kommo-o appeared and the Goodra proceeded to roll around in the sand, getting the sand stuck to its gooey skin, while the Kommo-o stood guard. Finally, a Dragapult appeared and coiled around Sheila in a warm and loving embrace, as she licked her face and immediately set off to play with the Hydreigon.

Sheila, with a soft smile on her face, turned back to Robin and Amelia and talked more in-depth about what they have said before during their ride. She first turned to Robin.

"Congratulations on getting that far. However, I'm not sure if you have fought a Champion and won. If you haven't, then the Spire Masters are going to pose more of a challenge to beat. Technically, I'm the weakest out of them all, but that doesn't mean I'm any less strong than a Champion from any Region. I beat the Galarian Champion before Leon took the title, but I lost twice. It was because of my team's overwhelming weakness to Ice and Fairy and my stubbornness of not using a Dynamax Band. So, I trained up their Ice-Type resistances by going to Mt. Coronet in the Sinnoh Region, capturing more of my team along the way, and training them in the cold and hail. The Fairy-Type? I wasn't able to fight against one consistently until after I got here and battled Celeste more often. Her Sylveon is one tough Pokemon. Let's see your Pokemon and I shall see how well they are by their appearance. Then, I want to see how they fight."

She then turned to Amelia, a look of worry shifted in her face before her soft smile returned.

"Yours too. I'd like to see the potential you both have. And about the Battle Tree, most people who go up the tree give it their all. I don't see how they could ever go easy on you unless Frankie had a hand in intimidating them to go easy on you. Regardless though, I think you are too hard on yourself. Your Hydreigon is probably trying to cheer you up and stop your self-doubting. Your self-doubting is going to have you lose. I just met one of my admirers yesterday and she was crying because she lost. I have been there before and it is crushing, but don't let it define your experience here. You always have room to grow, but only after you shed away your doubt and build up that self-esteem a little bit. You won't get any better with the attitude I witnessed a moment ago. Unless you shed that attitude during a battle, I want to see less of that. It is not a good behavior to have when you are a trainer and, honestly, you don't wear the self-defeatist attitude well. Try for a more confident approach. Might suit you better."

She smirked a little at the compliment she gave Amelia before turning to the both of them again, waiting to see their Pokemon.

@Captain Cardboard @The Legendary Trainer

Last edited:
"Well... Uhmm… Okay". She was flabbergasted and honestly couldn't respond well to her questioning. This was because just like she said, her self-doubt , and her Inner Darkness, were tearing at her from within, warping every positive thing she said. But, somehow, she could at least give a nod to confirm she was indeed listening. Hydreigon could feel that darkness as well, they were connected by the same Darkness, and all Hydreigon could do was nuzzle her affectionately, feeling her conflicted heart. "I... I'm sorry. I'll... do my best". What Hydreigon knew for a fact was Frankie asked the trainers to go all out, not to hold back, but there was no convincing Amelia when she was on her self-negativity streak.

Her hands shook as she reached into her purse and grabbed one Pokeball. She hasn't showed any of her pokemon since they got here. What if they didn't like them ? What if they didn't fit Shelia's qualifications. All. She released one of her Pokémon at random. First it was her Copperajah, affectionately called Danphi, who came out first, a massive elephant like pokemon.. It roared it's signature cry. Then, released was Batsie, her Noivern, who actively hid behind Amelia as soon as she came out, which caused Judge (Hydreigon) to just shake it's head in contempt, almost as if it were thinking 'These guys...'. The third one was a surprising pokemon, an Alakazam, Hecate, who floated in the arena with utmost grace, staring at Shelia with a look of knowing and calmness. Next was Serprerior, her Aphrodite, who almost looked like she was a bit arrogant on her own self, 'hmph' the other pokemon before slithering closer to Amelia. Her Pangoro, known as Grudge, a massive pokemon dwarfing even Copperajah, had a look of menacing legitimately having an aura of pressure and strength only the true elite wouldn't find intimidating.

All of them had an impressive aura of strength, A strength extremely formidable likely to even a Spire Master, considering the fact they have been training and fighting with a Spire Master and was a major reason Frankie was able to be where she is as a Spire Master. However, beneath he surface, was a hidden strength hat Shelia and most trainers could likely could see because of her connection to pokemon. A darkness, a sort of underlying pressure and power that has the potential to either be insanely formidable or insanely dangerous, there wasn't an in-between. For just a splti second, this aura enveloped them to look crazed, powerful, and even Amelia herself had a crazed look of just pure insanity , before all of the party shook it off before it escalated beyond that. This was their potential to at the drop of a dime to become an evolution created as a result of experimentation, the potential of Shadow Pokémon & Bond Evolution. Amelia nervously stated, realizing what happened in that split second that she lost control and was about to become 'Her': "U-Um, here they are. My pokemon family. I.... I hope they live up to your expectations, Shelia" .

She was incredibly nervously, shuffling her feet. She could tell the 'Shadow Queen', or her other self, almost was able to take control just then. She knew then she really shouldn't do this anymore, but knew she had to. This needed to be done, she needed to be evaluated, to see exactly where she should go from here. She just hopes one day she will work alongside us and not be so mean and overwhelming as she always is.

@Merciless Medic , @Captain Cardboard

Last edited:
Sasha saw how the ice weakness wouldn't cut it. He needed to fight with a greater resistance, but keeping the same strat. He thought of his friends on his belt. Who would help me the most?
It struck him, the only one that could possibly defeat half of the team.
"Ninjask, baton pass!" Sasha yelled.
Ninjask sent a small ball of energy out before returning to his ball, and swiytched with another pokemon. Greninja.
Chase recieved the 4x speed boost from Flash and started speeding around the arena.
"Flexible Shadow Strike, repeating!" Sasha commanded.
Greninja then used double team, and had all of his copies use dark pulse, covering the ground in a dark shade. Then, using shadow sneak, he melted into the darkness, rushing over to the vaporeon.
@Merciless Medic

When the Dragonite landed, Robin slowly detached himself from the Dragon-Type Pokemon and sat down on the sandy beach. He needed a moment to regain his senses from flying. The swordsman watched as Shelia let out each of her Pokemon. A Tyrannitar. A Metagross. A Salamence. A Garchomp. A Hydregon. A Goodra. A Kommo-o. And then there was that Dragapult Pokemon! Robin's eyes lit up at the sights of the Goodra, Kommo-o, and Dragapult. Those were Pokemon he didn't have much experience with. Surely they've got to have cool, unique moves and techniques! Shelia's whole team was a sight to behold. It was a group of Pokemon that quite a few trainers would do anything to get their hands on, each one renown for their immense power. Robin wasn't too sure how he felt about it. The fact that Shelia's team was only Pokemon known for their incredible power seemed a little suspicious. Did Shelia try to catch and obtain these Pokemon for that express reason? And even if she did, was that really a bad thing? After all, hadn't he himself put off letting a sixth Pokemon join his team until he had found one who's typing didn't repeat with his other Pokemon?

Robin stood up and stretched, making sure that none of his stuff had fallen off mid-flight as Shelia spoke to them.
"See how they fight, huh? That'll be fun." Robin said with a grin. "I should say that I haven't battled a Champion before. But I've been in a few tournaments, and I've beaten a few trainers that say they've defeated a Champion. So there's that. I've also lost against a few trainers that say they've defeated a Champion. So there's that."
At about then, Amelia let out her Pokemon. A large, metallic elephant-like Pokemon. It reminded Robin of a Donphan, but way larger and metal instead of ground. A Noivern. An Alakazam. A Serperior. And one of the largest Pangoros that Robin had ever seen. He looked at Amelia's team of Pokemon before looking back to Amelia with a raised eyebrow. What the heck was going through this girl's head that made her think her team was weak? Then for a split second, her Pokemon seemed to change. Instantaneously, they appeared to have a sinister and dark aura around them. But this transformation lasted only a second, and they were back to normal. Robin sat back down onto the sand with a groan.

"Oh no, she's edgyyyyy." Robin groaned softly. Taking off his backpack, he looked at Amelia with a grin before standing back up. He brushed some of the sand off his pants, taking out his Pokeballs from his backpack.
"Well, I guess it's my turn! Sorry if my team isn't as impressive as either of yours. Still, they're my pals. So say hello to everyone!" With that, Robin sent out all six of his Pokemon simultaneously. The first was his Blastoise, Big Turk. It was a larger than normal, with a scar going over its left eye. It shell seemed worn and had quite a few scratches on it, but it still looked tough as ever. The large water type surveyed the group of Pokemon and humans with a before merely grunting and heading towards the ocean.

The second was Robin's Farfetch'd, Sam. It was a relatively normal sized Farfetch'd, but didn't have a leek. Instead, tied to it's waist by some vine was a small, sheathed sword. It was Japanese in design, and if either of the other two trainers knew about Japanese swords they may recognize it as a Wakizashi. The sheath and handle were colored green, as if to emulate a leek. The Farfetch'd nodded respectfully to the two humans and their Pokemon before just sitting down and appearing to either sleep or meditate.

The next was a female Absol, Rea. It appeared, shaking it's fur before looking around. It's fur was missing in a few places on it's sides and stomach, where a few scars could be seen. Over each front claw there was a Razor Claw, as if to enhance the sharpness of her attacks. She looked around nervously to the other trainers and Pokemon before noticing the two Hydregons and shrinking back behind Robin.

Next was a Gallade, Q. The Gallade stretched calmly, and upon seeing all the other Pokemon, his eyes lit up. A grin on his face, he swaggered over to Amelia's Pokemon and began to walk around them. He was sizing them up, and seemed to be a bit cocky while doing so.

The fifth Pokemon Shelia and Amelia had already seen. Cherry the Plusle appeared, smiling happily. Looking back, she quickly climbed up Robin's legs and onto his shoulder.
"Plu, plu!" Cherry exclaimed, waving cheerfully to Shelia and Amelia.

Finally, Robin's sixth Pokemon appeared. An older looking Scyther named Kato. It looked to all the other Pokemon before giving them a warm smile and waving it's blade arm hello.

"So, what do you think?" Robin said, moving over and petting Kato. Cherry watched as the Garchomp's fin moved around in the ground, then with one quick movement attempted to jump over and grab it.

(Sorry for the massive wait, I needed a break from charms for a while and wanted to spend time with my family.)
Incineroar was hit by the psychic energy, but easily toughed it out, as it was one of the first times he had gotten hit in that fight. (If I remember correctly.) He then looked to the side and saw the Meowstic charge at him with what looked like a Play Rough. Neon didn't say anything, but, even if he did, Incineroar probably wouldn't have listened. He grinned and charged at Meowstic while rapidly spinning around and his hands were covered in dark flames. (Darkest Lariat. Also, remember, he has used Swords Dance and Flame Charge, so his speed and strength are upped. And, STAB and super effectiveness, so, statistically speaking, Incineroar would win that clash, but, you never know. I know he's used this move multiple times, but, why stop when it could work?)

Alakazam raised an eyebrow at what Harmony had done to counter his attack, but he nodded as the Shadow balls and psychic energy got through. He then frowned at the sight of the Harmony charging in with an unique Double Edge-Protect combo. Alakazam lost sight of the Togekiss for a second as she went into the attack, but he gained sight of her again when she was right beside him. He quickly teleported away, but he did get grazed by the attack before he could, so he took some damage. Neon then yelled out "Alakazam! Now use a combo of your own!" Alakazam nodded and a ball of psychic energy formed in his hands, and it then was charged with electricity, and he fired it as an electric beam charged with psychic energy. (Charge Beam and Psychic. Tell me if I missed any crucial points or if I just made a stupid error.)

Sheila watched the apprehensive Amelia grab for her purse to send out her Pokemon one at a time. There was a bit of a pause and Sheila watched as Amelia looked upset. Doubting herself once again, she presumed. She waited until she at least got to see one Pokemon. When the Copperajah appeared, she walked up to it. She remembered them being this tall, yet she hadn't seen one in awhile. It felt nice to see them once again as it reminded her of home. It roared as Sheila approached and she couldn't help but smile at the show of power. She looked at the thick, tough hide that resembled steel in its durability and toughness, and saw the muscles underneath. Strong, tough, and lots of endurance to boot. It probably was surprisingly fast, but she would have to see that in battle. She can tell that this Pokemon had Sheer Force, due to the rippling muscles underneath the skin. She can literally feel her strength by being near Danphi, so she smiled at the Copperajah.

Next was Amelia's Noivern. She watched as Noivern hid behind Amelia and she chuckled. Peering over Amelia's body, she was able to see the litheness of the Noivern behind her. She was obviously fairly fast and the bulkiness in her muscles tells Sheila that this Noivern was a mixed fighter, but she had a sneaking suspicion she mostly fought at a distance.

She moved on to Alakazam, who floated above the ground. Even at a distance, the power of its psychic abilities proved to her that this Alakazam was like most: fast and a very powerful ranged attacker. She can see the muscles, albeit it seemed this Alakazam was more specially oriented and usually attacked at a distance unless it had to fight up close.

Next was Amelia's Serperior. Sheila walked up and noticed the litheness in this Pokemon, as well. It seemed to be a mix of both ranged and physical fighting due to the way this Regal Pokemon was built, and the scales and tough skin told Sheila this Pokemon was pretty defensive.

She then moved on to the Pangoro. She gave the Pokemon a bit of space and she stared up at the approximate ten foot panda Pokemon. She didn't need to see anything in detail. This Pokemon was strong and probably fast. This must be the most heavy hitting of her team. She was slightly taken aback by its size, but she didn't show fear or anything of the sort. Just respect for the Pokemon's space.

Then she finally moved on to Hydreigon. This Pokemon seemed fast, but more so strong in a physical light. She couldn't tell if this Pokemon was more of a ranged fighter, but seeing as most Pokemon who fly dabble in a bit of ranged attacking, no matter how accurate they were. With how this Hydreigon was close to Amelia and stayed out of his Pokeball, this Pokemon must be the closest to Amelia in terms of emotional bonding, so he must be her ace and probably had been with her the longest.

She took a step back to assess the team composition of Amelia's Pokemon. Just as she was about to, she saw the entire team change in demeanor. She felt something scarily off that her instincts told her to stay away. But she found it fascinating, if not a little terrifying. She smirked a little, now understanding what happened at the Battle Tree. Copperajah and Pangoro were her heavy hitters that can take just about as much as they can dish out. Hydreigon and Noivern were mixed fighters that chose to use their flying maneuverability. Alakazam and Serperior were the fastest out of the entire team, and she saw that the Serperior, true to the usage of some Serperior, were either physical fighters or they debilitate their opponents to further aid in their team. Alakazam, true to most Alakazams, tended towards using their ranged attacks to deal massive damage while using their speed and teleportation to avoid attacks. Plus, most of them didn't share the same weakness. While sometimes that was unavoidable, in the case of three of her Pokemon being weak to Fairy (with two of them being especially susceptible to their damage), they have a well-rounded team that protected them, with Copperajah keeping the Fairy-Types at bay. In fact, the weaknesses that were repeated in the team at least had a counter.

Sheila concluded her analysis with a nod and a smirk. "Your Pokemon seem fit to take on Spire Masters or Tier 3 Battle Masters at least. Your Pokemon are exceptionally strong and they round each other out. I think I know what happened at the Battle Tree. Frankie told your opponents to give their all and they still lost. If Frankie is as confident in your team and yourself as she is with her own, then you have nothing to worry about when fighting anyone less experienced than a Battle Master."

She then turned her attention to Robin, who sent out the rest of his team almost immediately. She didn't exactly hear what Robin had said when he took off his backpack, but she was met with six very distinct Pokemon. A Blastoise that was fairly larger than most Blastoise she had seen. It had scars on its shell in the form of scratches and one long scar down its eye. She can immediately tell this was the tank and heavy hitter of the group. Similar to Amelia's Copperajah, it had rippling muscles and very tough skin and an even harder shell. She watched as the Shellfish Pokemon surveyed everyone before heading to the ocean.

Next was the Farfetch'd. To be frank, she hadn't seen a whole lot of this kind in the Battle Spire, mainly because they weren't cut out performance-wise compared to the other bird Pokemon like Corviknight or Altaria. She didn't know what the sword was by the bird's hip, but she figured it was some Japanese sword, either Kantonian or Johtonian based off cultural looks. She watched as the Farfetch'd went to sit down nearby and either sleep or meditate. Judging by the Pokemon's demeanor and appearance, it was probably meditating. Why didn't he get a Galarian Farfetch'd? She thought it was odd, but she can tell that this Farfetch'd had both lithe and bulky muscle underneath all those feathers. That disciplined attitude also told her that this Farfetch'd was patient and would usually watch for its opponent before attacking or feinting to get the upper hand.

She smiled at the unique Pokemon and moved on to the Absol. She noticed how timid and unkempt it was and, before she could say anything about it, she saw the look Absol had towards a certain couple of Pokemon and she turned to look at what it was looking at. Her and Amelia's Hydreigon. Assuming that the Dragon-Typing wasn't that of which the Absol was afraid of, it must be the Dark-Typing, as that is the only thing that made sense. Or maybe this Absol was just afraid of Hydreigons, or maybe it was because this Absol hadn't noticed the large and menacing Pangoro nearby, as it is also a Dark-Typing, or her own Tyranitar. Regardless, she saw the accessories on its claws another oddity and she smiled at the usage of Razor Claws to enhance the sharpness of its attacks. Though, the fact that this Pokemon was afraid of a certain kind was a little disconcerting for her. While Amelia's Noivern just seemed timid, she got this vibe from her that told Sheila she had a lot of power behind her and will shed the timidness in a fight. The muscles seemed so, as well. While the Absol had the same bulky and lithe musculature, she didn't feel the same vibe. Maybe it was because the overall strange bond Amelia shared with her Pokemon felt different than most bonds. Still, she smiled sweetly at the Absol before moving on to Robin's next Pokemon.

Sheila looked at the Gallade and watched as he began to study Amelia's Pokemon with an arrogant and cocky attitude. She thought that maybe this Gallade was Robin's ace, due to how strong it looked and how it acted. It had a mixture of the bulk and lithe, and it seemed strong both physically and at range. Though, his cocky demeanor can bite him in the ass if he's not careful.

She moved on to Cherry the Plusle. She smiled sweetly at the Pokemon with a look that told the Plusle she recognized her. By closer inspection, the Plusle had a very lithe look about her. She obviously seemed fast and seemed to be the ranged attacker in the team, as her body wasn't exactly built for physically attacking.

Finally, there's Robin's Scyther. The seemingly older than normal Scyther waved at everyone and she smiled and waved back. This Scyther, despite the age, seemed like it had seen more than its own fair share of battles. It may have the technical know-how in a battle and most Scythers were fast and mixed attackers, with some tending towards physical fighting than ranged, and she had a sneaking suspicion that the Pokemon's exoskeleton was more durable than most.

By the composition of Robin's team, he seemed to have a good solid team. His Blastoise was the tank and a mixed heavy hitter, his Farfetch'd and Absol were fast physical attackers, Gallade and Scyther seemed like fast mixed attackers, and Plusle seemed to be the support (due to the usual reputation electric mice had when it came to battling) and it was the quick and ranged fighter. Plus, they also had the type coverage to protect each other.

She made mention of this to Robin with a wide smile on her face. "I didn't expect to see these Pokemon on your team. Despite what I know of them, your team is very well rounded and they may get pretty far. Although, I'm not so sure if you are able to beat a Spire Master, I feel like you'll fare well against a Tier 1 Battle Master at least. Maybe a Tier 2. But that's all before I get to see your Pokemon fight. I bet your battling techniques are as unorthodox as your Pokemon selection."

Still, these were guesses by the Pokemon's physique. Their true potential can be shown in a battle. She wanted to test them out, but now was not the time. She turned around to make a low grumbling noise. Everyone of her Pokemon heard it and they slowly made their way to Sheila and stood at attention.

Of course, Garchomp's fin had been pounced on by the playful Plusle. The sweet Garchomp rose out of the sand and looked at the Plusle after she was finally out of the sand. She cooed sweetly to the little mouse before walking over to the line formed by her comrades.

Sheila's Dragonite looked exceptionally strong and fast and seemed to be her ace. She had layered scales (as evident by her ability Multiscale), and she had a few scars from battle on these scales. She looked quite strong, with the lithe and bulky muscles radiating underneath those tough scales and she gave a look of discipline and pride.

Next was Sheila's Tyranitar. Scars from battles also littered the rough hide of this beast, and he stood on all fours instead of being bipedal like most of his kind. Still, his hide seemed polished and extremely hard, and his muscles underneath were quite bulky. Sand stirred as a reflex underneath the feet and hands of this beast.

Then, it was Sheila's Salamence, who had slinked off of the Metagross and woke up completely this time. He seemed very confident and gave Sheila a very loyal and loving look as he stood tall and proud. His wings looked strong and so did the rest of his body, his muscles flexing a little. He seemed super amped and excited about showing off.

Next, her Metagross, who landed in the sand. She seemed to look at Sheila as if she was a cute puppy. Her metal skin shone with such reflective and clear brilliance, as if she was cleaned and waxed earlier. Still, there were dents and little scratches and some scars near her facial area.

Then, her Garchomp, who went in line while paying no heed to the Plusle on her fin. She gave a loving look towards the Hydreigon to her immediate left before looking back at Sheila with an almost reserved or shy look. Still, she held her body with bold power. Her body wasn't rough like other Garchomp, and she seemed to have a very lithe and bulky appearance. She also seemed filled with energy as evidenced by her bouncing on the balls of her feet. Her claws were sharp and, when she felt the sand shift nearby due to Tyranitar's Sand Stream activating a little out of reflex before dying down, her body slunked down a little bit, as if she was trying to hide in the sand as a reaction before realizing there wasn't a battle. She made this growl that sounded like chuckling before silencing herself.

Next, her Hydreigon, who returned the loving look back at Garchomp and looked at Sheila sweetly. It seemed, unlike most Hydreigon, that he was exceptionally sweet, although wary of the newcomers. He looked built for speed and seemed to be a mixed battler due to his muscles and the usual strategy one employed on their Hydreigon. He floated above the sand slightly, his feet(?) barely touching the sand below him.

Then, her Goodra, who looked lovingly at Kommo-o before bouncing on her feet and looking at everyone with a curious look. She had this smile the entire time she was out of her PokeBall, and she even waved at the Plusle. She looked to be covered in sand and, no matter how much she tried to get the sand off, it stubbornly clung to the gooey skin. She decided to shed it off by making as much goo as she coud, which succeeded in making a huge mess all over the beach around her as her body created a new film of goo while the sandy goo was excreted into the beach. The rest of her comrades looked at her with an amused look before going back to what they were doing - staring at Sheila until an order was given. Now with the sand gone and the new film slowly (but quicker than most Goodra can make) restoring the shedded goo, the body looked fairly strong. Though, she excelled in ranged attacks and taking special damage.

Next, her Kommo-o, who looked lovingly at Goodra before holding himself tall and proud. His scales looked cleaned, and scratches and dents were seen. He looked down at everyone as if they were inferior to him, but this was a front to save his own ego as he was very insecure about himself. Like the scales shielding his body, his face showed a shield filled with confidence. Whether it was filled with fake or real confidence, only Kommo-o and Goodra really knew, as even Sheila couldn't quite figure him out sometimes. Even though his body was immensely bulky with the tough scales gleaming, it's a wonder how he doesn't even know how powerful he was.

Finally, her Dragapult, who zipped around in a circle before seeming to balance on her tail. She seemed to be in a state of constant flux between corporeal and the incorporeal, enough to phase through walls but not enough to protect her from any being touching her. She has the body built for speed and physical attacks, and even her Dreepy were in excellent condition. Speaking of which, she took her little living missiles and cuddled them in her arms. She was the real ace of the team, and it showed.

Sheila had looked upon her Pokemon, who had lined themselves up in the order of acquisition. First was Dragapult, then Tyranitar, and then Hydreigon, Goodra, and Kommo-o. The next few were Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, and Garchomp.

She nodded and thought for a moment before turning back around and facing Robin and Amelia and their respective teams. "I meant what I said earlier about training you both. Of course, I'll need to see what your Pokemon are capable of. First, a race. Just a simple point A to point B. Your Pokemon can use any method they want to run, swim, dig, or fly from start to finish. Though, teleporting is off limits." She looked at the Alakazam with a smirk before continuing. "The distance your Pokemon will be covering will be thrice the length of a regular battlefield." With one little nod to her left, she continued. "Garchomp. Make the lines."

The Garchomp dove into the ground and used her fin to create a deep line a few feet from where Sheila stood. It covered the distance between the tide and the nearest brush. The fin vanished and, after a few moments, it was seen further ahead as she marred the sand into a deep line with her fin. Suddenly, the fin vanished and, after a few more moments, the Garchomp reappeared back in line. She shook her body free of the sand before looking back at Sheila.

The wild woman then motioned with her hands to let everyone stand before the starting line. Her own Pokemon made their ways towards the end. Garchomp dove back into the ground, and Dragonite, Dragapult, Hydreigon, Salamence, and Metagross were seen hovering over the beach. Tyranitar just stood his ground on all fours as he got ready, like a spring compressed and about to be launched. Goodra and Kommo-o stood next to each other, and Goodra seemed to be creating a ball of slime in her hands as she waited.

Sheila stood back and waited for the others to get ready. (@The Legendary Trainer, @Captain Cardboard)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Meanwhile, Eva had been going through a crisis in her own mind. She watched as the Pokemon Baton Passed its speed boosts to a Greninja. Now, she was worried. She watched as the Greninja created multiple copies and they all used Dark Pulse to create a shadow across the entire ground, and then Shadow Sneak. She couldn't see where the Greninja was coming from, and the shadowy ground made it impossible to see where. Then, Eva had an idea. "Freezing Muddy Water!"

Vapor didn't want to go out yet, but she was already fairly weakened from the fight with Ninjask. Still, she used the water underneath the ground and pulled it up to cover herself. She then used Ice Beam to completely encase the water around her in ice. She then pulled up more water to push the ice outward, hoping to hit the Greninja to keep it from progressing towards the Vaporeon. Still though, the Vaporeon highly doubted she was going to succeed this fight, and Eva was trying to devise a plan to stop the Greninja, as her Jolteon was already tired and she didn't exactly have another Pokemon to help. (@BegalBitez)

Chase saw the big wave and knew how to easily counter act this. Bringing forth power from the ground, he summoned a wall of stones (rock tomb) blocking the wave like a dam, he then squeased through a crack at the bottom, jumped out of the shadow and brang forth power to make the Vaporeon trapped. Then he took energy from his thighs grabbing several water shuriekens, he then sent out a blast of water carrying the shuriekens aimed towards the Vaporeon.

Robin nodded at Shelia, a knowing grin on his face.
"Thank you." Robin said. So she estimated him to be around the level of a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Battlemaster? If he remembered correctly, Shelia had said that Shade was a Tier 3 Battlemaster... Robin dug out the little red book he had been given back when he had first came to the island, quickly glancing through and reading what those actually meant. So she thought he was on the lower end of the staff here? Sure. Perhaps it was a fair assessment. Perhaps not. That was only from just looking at his team. Perhaps those 'unorthodox battle techniques' Sheila guessed he had would help him.

But now was not the time for that. Sheila wanted their Pokemon to do a race. Interesting. Q perked up at the sound of a competition, eager to get some energy out and compete against these strong-looking Pokemon. Cherry waved happily to the rest of Sheila's team as she clung to the Garchomp's fin. The Plusle couldn't help but to let out a small giggle as the Garchomp began to swim through the sand once again. Cherry clung on as the Garchomp made the starting line. Unfortunately, Plusle weren't made to swim through the sand like Garchomp were. So when Sheila's Garchomp disappeared beneath the sand, Cherry was left stranded on the surface, looking rather disappointed. Shaking some sand out of her fur, the small electric Pokemon hopped over to the starting line.

"Well, guys. You heard the lady. It's a race!" Robin said to his Pokemon. Turk glanced back to his trainer, as if to say, 'are you serious?' before grunting again and slowly making his way over to the starting line. Q quickly jogged over, beginning to stretch as he waited for the other Pokemon to approach. Sam opened his eyes and fluttered over to the starting line, landing between Sheila's Hydregon and Salamence. The small duck Pokemon looked up to the two large Dragon Types, only looking at them for a moment before turning its attention back towards the finish line. After some coaxing from Robin, Rea moved over to the starting line and stood next to Turk. The Absol glanced nervously at the other Dark Types, noting their locations. Kato made his way over to the starting line as well, hovering over the ground with its wings buzzing.
"So, is this going to be on your mark?" Robin asked Sheila.

Andrew, saw the fact he was late, 2 days to be exact, and that was for the Trainers, and only for his position was it acceptable for him to be that late at the most. But instead of being there weeks ago getting ready, he slacked off the 2 day trip focusing more on his adventuring of possibly seeing rare pokemon.. and then somehow getting stuck in a time loop for 12 days after accidentally stepping on a Celebi. He could sense the eyes of the staff about to glare at him for his massive tardiness.
Boy did I screw up this one, He thought as he ran his hand through his thick, messy hair. 2 days late for my legitimate late time. If my mom would ever hear about this, she'd flip and never shut up about me always being late. I'd better get well acquainted with these people fast, or its REALLY gonna be awkward when I try to talk to them. At least Zamp can help me with my nerves. Even if he wasn't my original starter.....
He petered off as flashbacks of that one event happened. No, he couldn't think about it.It already sent him down a dark path before, and now he couldn't let that hold him back. His position was too high to let him get torn from a small thing like this. After landing, he took out 2 pokeballs and pressed them both at the same time, simultaneously putting archeops in and putting Zamp to his side.
"How was the trip buddy?"
"Yerp, Bark!!" Replied a happy Boltund.
Zamp then nuzzled Andrew's leg affectionately and started moving towards the reception desk...that was empty. He rang the bell on the desk, and a woman in a red dress came out.
"Umm...yes? What do you need?" She asked.
"Sorry, but...My name is Andrew Smith, I'm one of the battlemasters, and..yes I know I'm late, but..I need to sign in for my room, and other things." He said as he showed her the ID card for the event.
"Yes, here are your bags you sent..2 months ago..your key with the room number of 63, and your schedule of meetings and events with a map on the back. If you need anything just come back here and we will help you out with what you need, to our best ability." She said finishing with a smile.
Andrew then walked away, QUICKLY, getting away from that conversation. He never did feel completely comfortable with people whom he didn't know...especially those with secrets. He headed up to his room on the 2nd floor, and instantly fell on his bed once he got in the room. After an annoyingly long and tedious trip, and he needed to chill for some time. And off he drifted to sleep, haunted slightly by the reminder of a former friend of his...

The Vaporeon was too slow. She was trapped within dark shadows and before she could take a move to do anything, a blast of shurikens made of water slashed through the darkness and smashed into her. While the Vaporeon was resistant to the Water-Type damage, she was too exhausted to keep going any further. She collapsed, and the AI’s voice rang ahead that Vaporeon was unable to battle and that Greninja was the victor.

Eva growled a little. No! Impossible. She will not lose. She returned her Vaporeon and let loose Jolteon, who seemed to have taken a breather, but was still hurt from the last fight he had with Sasha’s two other Pokémon.

With the ground covered in water, he let loose a powerful Discharge. Blue electricity coursed out of Jolteon’s body, shocking everything and anything that was damp with water.

@BegalBitez

Chase saw the jolt and combined a hydropump with an ice beam to create a wall of ice, insulating him from the discharge. But he forgot about the water on his feet. A quick shock coursed through his body, hurting him a little. He had to go on offense, that joleon is going to be the hardest opponent there. With his copies gone, he created more letting them one by one charge at the jolteon with an aerial ace while Chase used the rocks and shadow sneaks to get closer to the jolteon. While he was sneaking through, he thought of a plan to hit that jolteon with a hard blow. Remembering the dive holes he thought to use them. And then he started to put the plan into action, diving into the water while the jolteon was distracted, he went through the tunnels.
@Merciless Medic