• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
semi off topic but I just want to make sure no ones waiting on a post from me I think im holding out for a Nevashi post
I'm not. I am looking forward to your next entry of course, but I'm not waiting on you at least.
-

Alright Jake Acker, a good meaty entry you got there, which seems written well enough to me. I detected no hiccups in the flow at least, for more grammar and spelling I'll leave the commenting to those with the eye for it. There is something else I feel I have to mention.

If the headless Nidoqueen corpse is the one that Cassie left behind, then it is also the one that Salem build his lure station around. Now one thing to know is that the Pokémon on this island are feral, savage, and all together pretty much blood thirsty berserkers. This mean they're not friend to each other either, and that's the core reasoning behind the Lure Station.

Unless the concept is a total bust, that clearing Knox is in should smell richly of blood and would probably have a couple more torn up corpses laying around, and perhaps even some pokémon still battling, or tearing up the dead, having been drawn by the strong stench of blood and decay in that area.

Regardless of if it worked or not, there should be what looks like a sort of lengthy stone BBQ structure with burned out fires underneath it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that either Salem's Lure Station is a total bust, or Knox has been dangerously oblivious of what's in that particular clearing. :D
Your Pokémon must surely have noticed the stench long before reaching that clearing at least. I am sorry to say but you may want to edit your entry a little for some better narrative consistency.

Last edited:
Ok Jake another big fix with your post. The Island is very old.

Please ask me directly before making assumptions large scale on geography terrain populace wildlife or history

Oh and another thing to add your pre exploration of the Island would have been very limited by ""Hotel Security"" for obvious reasons to everyone now. They did not want trainers tramping over the Island before they were ready. A short walk on the beach was about as far as anyone got.

As for numbers I am fine with capping it soon.

by the way Aesir is out so do not count Akira as an active participant although the character did not just poof >:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not. I am looking forward to your next entry of course, but I'm not waiting on you at least.
-

Alright Jake Acker, a good meaty entry you got there, which seems written well enough to me. I detected no hiccups in the flow at least, for more grammar and spelling I'll leave the commenting to those with the eye for it. There is something else I feel I have to mention.

If the headless Nidoqueen corpse is the one that Cassie left behind, then it is also the one that Salem build his lure station around. Now one thing to know is that the Pokémon on this island are feral, savage, and all together pretty much blood thirsty berserkers. This mean they're not friend to each other either, and that's the core reasoning behind the Lure Station.

Unless the concept is a total bust, that clearing Knox is in should smell richly of blood and would probably have a couple more torn up corpses laying around, and perhaps even some pokémon still battling, or tearing up the dead, having been drawn by the strong stench of blood and decay in that area.

Regardless of if it worked or not, there should be what looks like a sort of lengthy stone BBQ structure with burned out fires underneath it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that either Salem's Lure Station is a total bust, or Knox has been dangerously oblivious of what's in that particular clearing. :D
Your Pokémon must surely have noticed the stench long before reaching that clearing at least. I am sorry to say but you may want to edit your entry a little for some better narrative consistency.
This was my only problem with your post as well, Jake, good on you. Technical details have improved noticeably from your first post, so, these tweaks (along with Astral's) are the only ones you have to worry about.

Hey, got room for one more in this RP? Been working on my character bio for a few hours and just finished (it's a bit trash but I hope it'll suffice), the character in question is Jasper Moreau and the link to his bio is attached to my sig. Thanks!

- Mozza
I also have to agree this is quite an interesting character you have. I'd vouch for you, given you complete the conditions all new entries must; read through the entire roleplay and formulate a convincing opening post.

Post up for Erejast.

Jake if you fix your post I will give you an encounter.

Mozza the bio does look interesting and you seemed to catch Ny and Pen's interest so go ahead and work up an opening post. However same rules as Jake, Ny and Pen own your ass. Feel the terror >:D:p

Also I take it you are using Athos for this thread.

So do you guys want me to close this thread now.

I sent a request for Mega-stone rewards to Stellar.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Holy double posts, Batman.

See the 'Edit' button at the bottom of your posts? You use that when you have anything new to add but no one else posted in the meantime. Posting twice or more in a row is kind of in violation of our global forum rules.

In any case - I've informed Astralkitsune of this over PM, but I'd like the rest of you to hear this as well. Impressed as I am by your writing skills which are definitely a cut above quite a few of the rest of the RPers here (keep up the great work, guys) - the reality is that I am simply too busy to read through 11+ pages of RP at this point in time. Considering the rules regarding Mega Evolutions demand them to be judged on a case by case basis - When the matter becomes relevant - contact me directly with the relevant information as stated in the relevant section of the rules - summarised, please - and yeah, make it a preliminary thing. Should it be approved, you could write it into the thread and make it a tournament prize. Bit cumbersome, perhaps, but yeah.

It is also worth mentioning that the whole point of the restriction was to keep Mega Evolutions a relative rarity and the RP boards balanced as the lore of the time the rules were written suggested they were very rare and required a degree of skill proof to use. As canons appear to be drifting away from this, the restriction may be subject to change as our process of continuous review of the rules continues. Should that happen before the time these mega evolutions need become a thing, you'll be informed. ^^

Awww shucks ^.^ Thanks everyone! And yes, I'll be using Athos for this RP. I'll work on a post right now.

Ooh also, what's the word on cussing? While I will always respect the wishes of the creator of an RP, Jasper has a bit of a vulgar mouth.

Athos' moveset

Poison Jab
Close Combat
Psycho Cut
Swords Dance

Last edited:
this is a 18+ thread please do not hold back.

I hope you read the whole thing first.

Ny I will be going back to doing edits, since the mods have spoken. However I will make my edits in color.

Hey, what do you think of the idea of when Jasper finds some of the trainers, he pegs them as members of Team Rocket (as he saw that two of the other trainers were by the crazy professor's side when he was explaining the scenario) and attacks them. Jasper's protective paternal side would be delirious because Maddox would be once again in the hands of Team Rocket.

I am fine with that after your intro thread. Now personally I would like you to interact with Jake's character first and I will probably throw Apollo into the mix. I don't want the groups getting to large just yet as that slows down posting speed and we have many different players of variable speed.

Wait so, I dont think I ever got confirmation on whether or not I was allowed to come up with whatever happened to the previous champion, yay for more backstory explained in somewhat coincidental comatose
Well, not really a coma, I just couldn't think of a better word for his state, also im not sure how long he should be out either... Hm

As for numbers I am fine with capping it soon.

by the way Aesir is out so do not count Akira as an active participant although the character did not just poof :D
Well if AesgirFenrir is out, MozzarellaDrag is in, and we don't count Lin as a player character we have exactly 10 active players.

It is also worth mentioning that the whole point of the restriction was to keep Mega Evolutions a relative rarity and the RP boards balanced as the lore of the time the rules were written suggested they were very rare and required a degree of skill proof to use.
I've been giving it some thought and I think I would actually like Salem to get his hands on a Mega Evolution set. He won't be able to use it of course because he's not skilled enough as a trainer yet, something which will add extra incentive to the subsequent campaign planned. And the Pokemon I want it for he's having issues communicating with, so even when he gets the stones it'll probably be a full RP more before he can use it.

Ny I will be going back to doing edits, since the mods have spoken. However I will make my edits in color.
I already knew it was technically a violation of the forum rules and you probably shouldn't do it here in the discussion thread, where you sometimes triple post single sentences. That said, I am sure that the Admin's won't be too bothered by it when you keep doing it in the RP thread when you're posting new complete entries for your individual RP's. Not getting any notifications on those new story entries is incredibly annoying, and even with a change in font color, will be prone to being missed. I am quite sure that these double post rules are meant to keep the boards clean and organized, but I am also confident that both StellarWind Elsydeon as Teapot will be alright with it if it's done in moderation and specifically to help the RP.

Wait so, I dont think I ever got confirmation on whether or not I was allowed to come up with whatever happened to the previous champion, yay for more backstory explained in somewhat coincidental comatose
Well, not really a coma, I just couldn't think of a better word for his state, also im not sure how long he should be out either... Hm
I agree with Astral in that it doesn't matter much for the sake of this RP, however it matters a great deal if you plan on using Damian in future RP's. So consider what you really want from him.

before looking over and seeing a topless Dr. running after the sneaky Liepard
Also, Astralkitsune, Loziana, could you two do me a huge favor and start writing Dr. as doctor, especially when it's not used as a title before a name. I suppose I can be alright when you use it to write Dr. Nevashi, or Dr. Moon, but please put my OCD at rest and just write doctor in any other circumstance. Thank you :)

Last edited:
Question for everyone, would it be suitable for ALF to meet up with MEDD in my next post?

Also, Astralkitsune, Loziana, could you two do me a huge favor and start writing Dr. as doctor, especially when it's not used as a title before a name. I suppose I can be alright when you use it to write Dr. Nevashi, or Dr. Moon, but please put my OCD at rest and just write doctor in any other circumstance. Thank you :)

Oh god bless you Nygenn, this was beginning to slightly annoy me as well. I read it as 'Dee-Ar' instead of 'Doctor' most of the time, and I always have to go back and correct myself.

Question for everyone, would it be suitable for ALF to meet up with MEDD in my next post?
Well considering it's already been established and accepted that both groups are close to each other I don't see any problem having them meet up. Looking quite forward to it in fact. Just make sure to allot the proper amount of time to covering the distance between them.

The only thing I will say is that some of you guys might start thinking the Jungle to be very crowded. Damian and Mina will have met with Delilah, Erejast, and then Floyd's group in the span of less than a few hours.
This isn't wrong by any means, I just think we should come across some more other trainer remains, or living ones as well, so as not to feel like all the players are shoehorned together too much.

This isn't wrong by any means, I just think we should come across some more other trainer remains, or living ones as well, so as not to feel like all the players are shoehorned together too much.
Well I know chrocey has been good about finding trainer remains now and then, if we were keeping score i'd reckon she'd have found the most unnamed cadavers

Also just to clarify one last time before I post, how much liberty am I to take with the Nidokings actions? Ive been trying my hardest to leave it open to astral about whether or not Orions moves hit, but I guess im just going at it like that since the title gm was used in reference, keeping in mind I wouldnt do something like "And then he punched him and the nidokings heart stopped" but If he was tougher than I gave him credit for and would be able to shrug off attacks or in the future if an opponent is faster than what I assumed I dont want to just say my punches land. If that makes sense.

Well considering it's already been established and accepted that both groups are close to each other I don't see any problem having them meet up. Looking quite forward to it in fact. Just make sure to allot the proper amount of time to covering the distance between them.

The only thing I will say is that some of you guys might start thinking the Jungle to be very crowded. Damian and Mina will have met with Delilah, Erejast, and then Floyd's group in the span of less than a few hours.

I'll make sure to have the group pass by a couple of dead people, or their remains.
Something like that.

Also just to clarify one last time before I post, how much liberty am I to take with the Nidokings actions? Ive been trying my hardest to leave it open to astral about whether or not Orions moves hit, but I guess im just going at it like that since the title gm was used in reference, keeping in mind I wouldnt do something like "And then he punched him and the nidokings heart stopped" but If he was tougher than I gave him credit for and would be able to shrug off attacks or in the future if an opponent is faster than what I assumed I dont want to just say my punches land. If that makes sense.

We've been given liberties to take care of wild encounters all on our own. It's a different story when dealing with NPC's and TR of course.
I have certainly taken care of some fights by myself, and Pen did a great job finishing the Nidoqueen and Feraligatr. In the case of there being multiple trainers present, or close by to interfere you should contact those players and you can discuss on if they want a share in the battle, or if they're okay with you covering their actions in the fights and such. The only real requirement is that you you make things as epic as possible within the scope of the narrative, and be sure to make the wild Pokémon seem crazy tough.

To give you an example, in my Scyther fight I was pretty much alone and decided I didn't want to have anyone jumping in in the middle of it, so I took care of it all by myself. Later in the Venusaur fight I asked Aidinia if I could run the fight and make some use f Alex, and asked Astral about Hitmonlee's capabilities and behavior before writing down that scene. With the Feraligatr encounter I ended up knocking Salem out of fight, not something I planned from the get go but hey, shit happens. I gave Pen the go ahead to use the Infernape and end the fight, making sure she knew of it's moveset and demeanor, and she did a wonderful job conveying his arrogance. And lastly I asked Astral beforehand if it was ago to injure Lin before I did anything, and then she herself insisted I mess her up real good. Poor Lin. :p
I'll admit to not having discussed Ajax's fight with Arrow, but with the Sceptile on the verge of killing himself I figured that knocking him out in a fight would probably not go opposed. I actually had a lot of fun with that fight, because I was itching to Ajax show of some of his potential aside from just always being large and lumbering around. And with a powerful opponent like Arrow I think he's proven himself quite admirably. :)

That all said, I don't think Chrocey will object to you running away with the Nidoking encounter. He sorta hinted at that by leading Delilah and Beedrill away from the fight, but you could always ask to make sure. Ecarte seems a very active participant so you may want to run things by Astral first, and I would recommend talking to Nova, seeing as how he wants to unite the two groups. Perhaps you guys can come to some understanding and arrangement about having both groups join during the fight.
-

Now on a different note. I hadn't watched these video's yet at the time of my posting, but I did now and I found them amazingly informative and entertaining. I strongly recommend watching them.

We've been given liberties to take care of wild encounters all on our own. It's a different story when dealing with NPC's and TR of course.
I have certainly taken care of some fights by myself, and Pen did a great job finishing the Nidoqueen and Feraligatr. In the case of there being multiple trainers present, or close by to interfere you should contact those players and you can discuss on if they want a share in the battle, or if they're okay with you covering their actions in the fights and such. The only real requirement is that you you make things as epic as possible within the scope of the narrative, and be sure to make the wild Pokémon seem crazy tough.

To give you an example, in my Scyther fight I was pretty much alone and decided I didn't want to have anyone jumping in in the middle of it, so I took care of it all by myself. Later in the Venusaur fight I asked Aidinia if I could run the fight and make some use f Alex, and asked Astral about Hitmonlee's capabilities and behavior before writing down that scene. With the Feraligatr encounter I ended up knocking Salem out of fight, not something I planned from the get go but hey, shit happens. I gave Pen the go ahead to use the Infernape and end the fight, making sure she knew of it's moveset and demeanor, and she did a wonderful job conveying his arrogance. And lastly I asked Astral beforehand if it was ago to injure Lin before I did anything, and then she herself insisted I mess her up real good. Poor Lin. :p
I'll admit to not having discussed Ajax's fight with Arrow, but with the Sceptile on the verge of killing himself I figured that knocking him out in a fight would probably not go opposed. I actually had a lot of fun with that fight, because I was itching to Ajax show of some of his potential aside from just always being large and lumbering around. And with a powerful opponent like Arrow I think he's proven himself quite admirably. :)

That all said, I don't think Chrocey will object to you running away with the Nidoking encounter. He sorta hinted at that by leading Delilah and Beedrill away from the fight, but you could always ask to make sure. Ecarte seems a very active participant so you may want to run things by Astral first, and I would recommend talking to Nova, seeing as how he wants to unite the two groups. Perhaps you guys can come to some understanding and arrangement about having both groups join during the fight.
-

Now on a different note. I hadn't watched these video's yet at the time of my posting, but I did now and I found them amazingly informative and entertaining. I strongly recommend watching them.

I watched the Sinnoh one.
Very interesting.

I found Kanto, Johto, and Unova the most interesting, for those have been inspired by places I've actually been, and structures I've actually seen. I am a little disappointed that he hasn't made a video about Kalos because that would probably be the region I would be most familiar with in its real life counter part. There are other places equally interesting of course and I find myself one again pleased for having traveled and seen so much of the world. :)

Now to have Salem do the same in game ;)
-

Btw, I've seen some of you quote entire posts while only commenting on specific sections. Did you guys know that you can just select a portion of texts by highlighting them and then turn just that section into a quote by clicking on the 'reply' button that will appear in the bottom left of your selection?

Alright, post up.
I want to let Curvy and Astral have a chance to actually respond to the walk before jumping straight into the action, so I kind of cut it short.

Not only that, I'm not feeling very good at the moment, so I'm probably gonna take a nap.

Last edited:
Nova the two groups were not that far away. Amara'sdistance estimation was pretty damn accurate. Hope I remembered my metric ok. My memories were telling me that a meter was only slightly longer than a yard I think an extra third of a yard longer.

Hope you feel better. :)

If I ever have a problem with a fight scene anyone I will let you know. If I do not say anything then run with it.

Nova the two groups were not that far away. Amara'sdistance estimation was pretty damn accurate. Hope I remembered my metric ok. My memories were telling me that a meter was only slightly longer than a yard I think an extra third of a yard longer.

Hope you feel better. :)

If I ever have a problem with a fight scene anyone I will let you know. If I do not say anything then run with it.

Oops...
I think i might just delete that one and right up a post when I don't feel like shit.

Hey guys, I posted, hope it's alright. Jake Acker, I'm thinking we could cross paths while you try to head into the denser section of the forest while I try to exit it. We cross paths and I mistake you for a Team Rocket goon (because Jasper is desperate for answers to save Maddox and the other Pokémon), attack you and you either fight back or convince me that you're not a part of Team Rocket? Does that sound alright?

-

Got it, no problem I'll fix the age of the island and the blood fest when I get home.

Hey guys, I posted, hope it's alright. Jake Acker, I'm thinking we could cross paths while you try to head into the denser section of the forest while I try to exit it. We cross paths and I mistake you for a Team Rocket goon (because Jasper is desperate for answers to save Maddox and the other Pokémon), attack you and you either fight back or convince me that you're not a part of Team Rocket? Does that sound alright?
Sounds find by me man, it'll be nice to have somebody to interact with :)

One other thing your character may be able to figure out is the the landmass used to be larger than it is now. Some kind of Seismic event maybe.
Thanks Astral, I need a little something to fill the gap left from taking that bit out so that will help. Sorry about assuming too much about the island!
And I thought it was pretty good other than some spelling mistakes Mozzarella, better than mine at least :)

Don't get lost in interactions though. Remember that we all want to hear how Jasper's first day in the jungle went, why he came to the island in the first place, and what kind of nightmare he had, since that's a GM requirement.

Also Jake Acker, the Admin's reminded us to be mindful of our double posts a few hours ago, let alone our triple posts.
-

Alright I apologize MozzarellaDrag, I commented before I even read your story entry. Overall it seems alright, if a bit glossed over. The start is quite choppy and made for a difficult read, but the nightmare was done pretty well. I could feel you were much more enthusiastic writing that part than the first day. That said though, I am a fair bit disappointed that literally nothing happened on Jasper's first day. It's possible that he had no friendly, or hostile encounters at all, though that would make him the luckiest trainer on the island, but then there's also no mention of exploration, struggling for supplies, or setting priorities for himself. It's like he woke up, looked around, sharpened a stick, and then waited around for many long hours until nightfall, during which nothing happened. Now you can stick by not having had any encounters, I'm fine with that, though I suspect Astral will be a bit miffed, however do try to give us a sense of dread, or danger. If not from wild Pokémon than the fact that he's lost in a dense jungle, without food, water, or any other kind of supplies.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, criticisms noted. Apologies, I'll definitely edit my first post then, I was on a mini-vacation get away with my family when I wrote it and just got back, so that might be why it seems a bit rushed. I'll either edit it now or tomorrow (right now it's 1:40am where I live so I'll probably do the latter). Thanks Ngyenn!