• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Great Region of Polcha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:Polcha is a new region formed over time mysteriously. Theories formed that the island was harnessing the power of a Pokémon. As it grew, it grabbed the attention of many trainers around the world. Since Polcha has never been explored, it is thriving in its nature. Huge mountains and trees have formed. Lost trainers have formed groups together with the goal of finding this mysterious Pokémon in the middle of the region.

Form:
Name:
Extra Info (optional):

Rules:
1. Follow the forum rules. To join, all you have to do is read the forum rules.
2. You have to start with any starter Pokémon.
3. No fanmade Pokémon, but we will get to do that with the new Pokémon in the Polchan region.

My Form:
Name: Hal-en
Starter Pokémon: Snivy
Extra Info (optional): None

Starter:
Hal-en walked down the beaten trail. It's been a few weeks since Polcha became a hotspot, and already hundreds of trainers are searching for new Pokémon here. It was a tiring journey, but Hal-en had made it with his best friend, Snivy. A rustle in the bushes was heard. Hal-en stepped back reluctantly. A wild Pokémon or another trainer? Quite frankly, he didn't want to know.

Last edited:
Name: Nash
Partner: Squirts the Mudkip

Nash had been rustling through the plants finding the new pokemon
"What is this place?" He said throwing down his pokeball so Squirts could get a look. the mudkip said "Mudkip Mudkip"

[Hal-en]

Hal-en stood there, panicking. He opened his Pokéball, a small Snivy twitching in the shadows of a bush. The trees blocked out sunlight from the sky, causing the Snivy to feel slow. The boy and his Mudkip didn't seem to notice them.
"Hello?" Hal-en said awkwardly.

Nash popped up "Oh hi" he said as his mudkip walked out of the bush. "I'm Nash and this is Squirts." He said picking up Squirts and putting him on top of his hat.

[Hal-en]

"Oh, hello!" said Hal-en when he saw Nash stand up. "You startled me there. My name is Hal-en, but just call me Hal. This is my Snivy right here! I never gave him a nickname; I like the way he is! Why are you here in Polcha? I'm here to see new Pokémon! Do you believe in the Legendary Pokémon here that everyone is talking about?"

"Well I got stranded here after a boat crash and I saw all these neat pokemon that aren't even in my dex yet. I've heard of this pokemon in old story books but I never thought it was real." he says putting Splats back in the pokeball

Last edited:
[Hal-en]

"Old story books? I didn't know that people knew about this place long ago. If I did, I would've been here LONG ago!" Hal-en replied excitedly. "Do you want to explore together? Maybe we will find that Legendary Pokémon! Oh, this is so exciting!"
Hal-en calmed himself and told himself to stop talking. He was talkative. A talker. He put Snivy back into her Pokéball as Nash did with his Mudkip. He was curious to know what Pokémon Nash'd seen. He hadn't seen any Pokémon which is why part of him got excited when he heard Nash rustling in the bushes.

"Yeah lets cath em'all together, andI found a weird pokemon a little down the trail. It was something that looked like a weird typed diglet." he said "But I had no idea if it was a diglet or something else"

[Hal-en]

"Hm," replied Hal-en, "odd. It was probably a Polchan Pokémon. Hey, you getting hungry? I'm starving, and there're no more berries in my satchel. We should head North," said Hal-en eagerly, pointing toward an opening in a barrier of tall trees. "I've heard that berries grow on small, leafy stalks beside tall trees like those. We could feed some to Squirts and Snivy, too!"

"Sure I have not really eaten much since I crashed here. I am excited to explore this region" His stomach growled a little "Heh guess i'm hungrier than I thought"

[Hal-en]

Hal-en walked towards the clearing briskly. He hadn't eaten since he was on the beach, but now he was in a big jungle around the outside of the island. It was a huge region. Bigger than any other that Hal-en had seen.
Turning back, Hal-en saw Nash follow behind. As they neared the berry stalks, Hal-en squinted to look at bright red and yellow berries.
"Leppa berries!" he exclaimed. He was happy to see berries he had fed to himself and Snivy before. He turned to look at Nash.
"Look! Let's go!" Hal-en said, now running towards the inside of the clearing.

"Ok!" Nash had ran following Hal to the opening. Nash was slightly out of breath when they had reached the clearence.

[Hal-en]

Hal-en ran breathlessly to the stalks. He picked as many berries as he could, stuffing them into the stitched rags of his pecan-colored satchel. Once he was too tired of picking or picked all of the berries from the stalks, he turned to Nash.
"I've filled my entire satchel! But to be fair, it is a small satchel. Anyway, how much've you got?" Hal-en said quickly in a panting voice, letting out Snivy from her Pokéball.

"I have all different berries. I do have quite a few leppa berries and some oran berries, but I kinda forgot that I had them in the excitement of new pokemon" he said eating a couple of Leppa and Oran berries

[Hal-en]

"Oh! I had many berries, too, but I'd ate them all here. You have no idea how big this region is!" Hal-en said, feeding Snivy with berries. Soon, they were all starving, Snivy lying on the ground looking for the Sun. The clearing had tall trees surrounding it, but not above it. It was a big, circular field with tall wheat grass and just tons and tons of open space, like a colosseum. Hal-en knew that if they stayed for a while, a Polchan Pokémon was ought to appear.
"Whew!" Hal-en shouted. It echoed slightly, bouncing off of the tall trees. "We've finished half of our berries, Nash! What about you? Also, you should feed Squirts!"

"Yeah" Nash gives Squirts some berries "I wonder what the legendary pokemon at the center of the island is. I hope its some sort of transforming legendary pokemon!" he says excitedly

"Yeah! That sounds about right! Maybe we could tame it or catch it! The island is so big, we'll probably become Pokémon masters just by circling it!" Hal-en says excitedly. Then he remembered.
"Oh, what about Team Sky? Y'know, this gang of "Pokémon trainers" who steal people's Pokémon and send it to their boss for money. No one knows who their boss actually is. Hope we don't run into them. Maybe if we can stop them we'll be so famous!" he exclaimed, chewing the last berry he was planning on eating.
"Sniiiiivy!" purred Snivy, tapping on her Pokéball.

"Yeah like that one kid. what was his name? OH, Ash Ketchum, that's it. He took down all of that team rocket and he is known world wide." he says as mudkip runs up to Hal and Snivy. "I'd say he likes you guys already."

[Hal-en]

"Squirts is so cute!" said Hal-en happily.
"Sniiiivy!"
"I think I'm filled, I say w—" before Hal-en could finish, some creature roared from the wheat grass.
A new Pokémon both Nash and Hal-en had never seen before appeared in the grass.
"Quek! Quek!" it shouted.
"Sn-snivy?" Snivy hid behind her trainer's slim legs.
The Polchan Pokémon matched the description that Nash had described. It had a round head, and jumped from a sandy patch in an elevated part of the clearing. It looked buff for its size, and it didn't look happy. Pulling out his Pokédex, Hal-en pointed it at the Pokémon.
"Queksand, a sand Pokémon from Polcha! It lives with its family but digs sandstone tunnels underground. The openings of its tunnels look like sand patches, and when a trainer and/or Pokémon goes near these sand patches, sometimes they pop out and attack." Hal-en closed the Pokédex.
"Uhh... Snivy! Use Vine Whip!"
Snivy whipped the Queksand on its side, causing it to fall back.

"Oh no that's the same one I saw and it looks mad, how about we show this guy the tunnel out of here?" he said standing up quick getting ready to battle it "Lets battle this one together"

[Hal-en]

"Yeah!"
The Queksand saw Mudkip joined in and stomped on the ground. Moments later, a slightly bigger, more angry looking Queksand jumped out of the sandy patch.
"Looks like the field is evened out! It's okay! Our Pokémon, I believe, are more effective against these Queksands! Let's do this!"
Suddenly, the first Queksand they saw jumped out and tackled Snivy.
"Snivy!" Hal-en shouted.

"Squirts use Water Gun on those Queksand" He says then Squirts uses Water gun and knocks out a few of the weak ones

[Hal-en] (There's only two Queksand)

"WOW! NICE!" shouted Hal-en as the second Queksand was knocked out by a single Water Gun. "My turn!"
"Sniiiivy!" Snivy stood back up with pride, and got into an aggresive stance.
"Alright, Snivy! Use Leer, then we'll let Squirts finish it off!"
Snivy used Leer, and turned to Squirts, giving it a smiling nod, then stepped back to Hal-en.

"Ok, Squirts Water gun again!" Squirts uses water gun and knocks it down near fainted. Nash turns to Hal "I haven't seen much of your attacks and ive never seen a snivy so lets see what you've got" he says to snivy and Hal

[Hal-en]

"Alright, then," replied Hal-en, proudly, "let's show 'em what we've got, Snivy! Energy Ball!"
Snivy shot an Energy Ball at the remaining Queksand. Power surged through Queksand and next to it but it only damaged it. The Queksand struggled to regain balance, then fainted.
"Nice job, Snivy!" said Hal-en, proudly.

[Hal-en]

"Thanks! Your Mudkip is pretty strong and loyal too. Hey, uh, do you ever feel like since you're a Pokémon trainer that you know when you think your Pokémon are evolving? Because I feel like Snivy is surging with happiness, she's evolving soon, I know it!" said Hal-en to Nash, picking out some Oran Berries from a stalk and feeding them to a sitting Snivy.

"Well sort of I can tell just by how strong they are and the connection between pokemon and trainer and yours is very close to evolving." He says giving Hal a high five after Hal gets some oran berries

[Hal-en]

"Yeah, I can feel it. Alright, too many high fives," Hal-en said, laughing.
"I've actually never seen Snivy use Energy Ball that well. She's definitely evolving. Maybe after one more battle? But for now, let's just get out of here! Come on, there's a Legendary Polchan Pokémon to find and it's going to be us that finds it!" exclaims Hal-en happily as he puts Snivy back into her Pokéball and continues out of the clearing and around it.

"Yeah lets get going!" He said putting Squirts in his pokeball and following Hal. "I remember on the beach seeing a inactive volcano near the center maybe it's there" he said pointing to the big mountain like volcano

[Hal-en]

"Yea, I heard that's where the island harnesses the Legendary Pokémon's energy! Let's get going!" Hal-en said enthusiastically.
A long walk down a sunny, breezy path got them tired but relieved. Hal-en opened up two flasks and shared some water with Nash and Snivy. They continued walking for a while more until a shadow was cast on them. It was odd because the path had been bright and clear the entire time. Looking up, Hal-en saw a huge boulder, a lion-like silhouette standing proudly on top of it. It was the most mighty Pokèmon Hal-en'd ever seen! Quickly, Hal-en pulled out his Pokédex but as soon as he did, the Pokémon was gone.
"Was that an Entei? The Polchan Pokémon? Tell me, tell me! We need to get to that volcano!" Hal-en said eagerly, even though he knew that they were barely even close.
They turned paths and walked around the huge boulder. The Pokémon was long gone. Anyway, they continued walking, until a young man dressed like a hipster with purple hair jumped out at them from some thick bushes and a patch of ferns and tallgrass. The letter "S" was plastered on his shirt. Team Sky!
"Well, well, more kids coming to look for a Legendary, eh? Well you're gonna be very, very disappointed." said the Sky Grunt.
"What are you talking about?!" Hal-en demanded, stepping back.
"Well, you'll see..." the Sky Grunt threw his Pokéball to the ground. A small elephant-like creature emerged.
"Elphrite, a baby elephant Pokémon from Polcha, is a ground type Pokémon. The youngest ones are usually the most angry and fearless." the Pokédex stated.
Angry, Hal-en summoned Snivy.

"C'mon Squirts lets take this goon down with our new friends" As squirts comes out Nash says "Squirts! Jump and use water gun on Elephrite!"

[Hal-en]

The Water Gun shoots at Elphrite, making it take damage. Even though it was super effective, the Elphrite looked more angry than injured.
"Elphrite! Use TRUNK SHOT!" the Sky Grunt shouts.
"Agh? I've never heard of that move before!" exclaimed Hal-en, confused.
"Of course you haven't, kid, because with new regions come
new Pokémon, and with new Pokémon come new moves and abilities! Now do it to that Mudkip, Elphrite!"
The Elphrite blasted Squirts with water from its trunk. It's not effective, but the power of the blasts made Squirts fall back. It struggled to get up.
"Agh! My turn! Snivy! Squirts is hurt, we have to do this! Now, use Energy Ball!" Hal-en shouted.
Snivy launched herself into the air and formed an Energy Ball. With high precision, she shot it at Elphrite. It tried deflecting it with its trunk, but Squirts had gotten up and distracted it by poking its small, thickly fat hind leg. The Elphrite fell backward, and Squirts jumped away just in time so that the Energy Ball didn't damage him. The Elphrite had fainted.
"It isn't over yet!" cried the Sky Grunt, throwing another Pokéball on the ground. A fiery red colored bird soared through the air.
"This beauty's name is Flamimic! She's a camouflaging fire bird! Good luck beating her! Haha!" the Sky Grunt taunted.

Squirts used Water Pulse, slow waves of water shooting at Flamimic. The bird was too fast, though, and dodged every blast. Then, in one more blast, the Flamimic was hit by Water Pulse. It lowered its elevation. That's what most Polchan Flying Pokémon do, they lower their elevation when they're injured. Sky Grunt's Flamimic gave out a screech, then locked her eye on Snivy.
"NOO! SNIVY, RUN!" Hal-en yelled.
But it was too late. Flamimic let out a pulse of fire, just like Water Pulse except with rings of flames at Snivy. The Snivy runned fast but not fast enough. The Fire Pulse caught up to her and she fell back, being dragged through tallgrass.
"WH- HOW?!"
"You see, Flamimic stores energy during slumber and uses that energy to mimic any move she sees as long as it becomes a fire move. Haha!" the Sky Grunt laughed.

[Hal-en]

Squirts' low growl made Flamimic feel weaker. Snivy, wanting to go with Nash's plan even though she didn't know what it was, skipped a move and munched on an Oran Berry from Hal-en's satchel that he had kept from the Oran Berry stalk.
"Stay back, Snivy. Whatever Squirts and Nash are planning, I know it'll work. Just don't get hurt by the Sky thug's bird!"
"Sniiiivy!"

"Use growl again Squirts!" He says having Squirts make a low growl again making the bird feel week "Your birds greatest strength is its biggest weakness" he said hoping Hal-en would catch on to his plan

"Oh, I see..." said Hal-en.
"Flamimic, use Fire Pulse again!" called the Sky Grunt.
The bird shook it's head and continued to glide overhead.
"Look!" Hal-en shouted, "it already forgot Fire Pulse and you can't turn Growl into a Fire type move, and now she's weakened. Snivy, Tackle her!"
Snivy bounced from stone to boulder, each leap graceful. She jumped in the air toward Flamimic. It hurt her bad because Flamimic's body burned with a small flame. It still took Flamimic down, the fall hurting her the most.
"Ahh!" yelped the Sky Grunt, "I've lost to some kids! Here, take this key, just take it!" He held out an odd looking key to Hal-en and he grabbed it. Even though he didn't know what it was or did, he grabbed it. The Grunt ran off, back into the fern patch.
"Nice!" exclaimed Hal-en. Suddenly, Snivy started to glow. Hal-en froze and stared at her.
"Th- this is it! This is really it?!"
Snivy closed her eyes, letting the light change her. The glow soon outshined the sunrays. The once small Snivy had become a proud, tall Servine!
"Oh, Snivy! That was really it! I'm so proud of you! I guess you did have a nickname. It was just Snivy!"

"Ooohh this is exciting!!" he says "We took down a Sky member and your Snivy evolved into Servine and whatever that key thing is"

Status
Not open for further replies.