• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Kanto Journey

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
Axel looked at the route next to them. "I should catch some Pokémon if I want to be stronger." He walked up to the route. He saw some Rattatas and Pidgeys. "Nah." he thought, as he looked around for a different Pokemon. Then, he saw a Bellsprout, just napping on the floor. "Perfect." He readied his Pokeball, and aimed for the Pokémon. Meanwhile, Pikachu was cheering for him. "Can you be a bit more quiet, Pikachu? We shouldn't wake it up." Pikachu nodded, and patiently sat down and waited. "Okay... Now I just-" He saw the Bellsprout, slowly opening its eyes. Out of panic, Axel quickly threw the Pokeball in his hand. The ball shook a few times, and the Bellsprout broke free. I guess I should have weakened it first, he thought. "Okay Pikachu, use Thunder!" He realized what he said was dumb, and Pikachu couldn't learn a strong move like Thunder this early. "Uh, I meant Thunder Shock!" Sparks flew off of Pikachu's cheeks, meaning it was getting ready for an electric attack. Pikachu approached the Bellsprout, and attacked it with her full power, trying to make Axel proud. "Good job!" Axel said. He quickly threw another Pokeball. This time, it was successful. He held up the Pokeball. "Yeah! I have two Pokémon now!"

"Unless I am mistaken, I should be very near Professor Oak's lab now." Damian said, staring the map in his hand. He then looked up and saw a passerby. He folded the map, put it inside his backpack and approached the man. "Excuse me. Where is Professor's lab?"
The man pointed to a big building. "That way."
"Alright. Thanks!" Damian said and rushed off.

Within a minute, he arrived at the place. He knocked on the door and swung it open. "Hello, Professor! I am Damian. We talked over the phone yesterday."
"Hello, Damian. You are here to choose your first pokemon, yes? Come over here." Professor led Damian to a wooden table. On it, there were four pokeballs. Each one was marked with different types. Grass, Water, Fire and Normal. "They just arrived minutes ago. Lots of trainers came today. Go ahead."

Damian smiled. He had already made up his mind on his way there. He reached for the fire-type pokeball and let the creature inside out. A Charmander appeared and breathed out small fire, showing off.

"Ever since I was a kid, I have always been admiring Lance, the dragon expert. My dream is to battle against him with a dragon of my own." He explained and lifted the Charmander up.

'Charizard doesn't have dragon type though.' Professor thought but didn't say that out loud.

Damian thanked the professor and left.

He headed North and saw a trainer with a Pikachu. He approached them. "Hey. My name is Damian. I just got my first pokemon today. How about a battle?"