• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Laura designed her character over again, added her best friend, Even, considering he was the first person she met, then she added all her other friends or acquaintances, and she added Lis, Rico, Rev, Robby, without adding his name; she didn't know it, and Ezren. She didn't add Veronica though. Laura actually had no idea who Veronica was yet! Then she started, after all the work in creating them, but the bell rang, signaling the last class of the day, which was Social Studies, like she hoped. Social studies in this school was on the surrounding subject of Social: talking, and getting to know each other, in this school. Instead, Laura walked all the way over to History, which was her last class that day.

Lis was put of the room quickly. The entire class had been a bore, and Lis was happy to remove herself from it. She had shut her laptop, and traveled to her locker, where she grabbed and put away her necessities for her next class, that being history. A few kids were exiting the classroom from history, with smiles cracked on their faces, and some with tears in her eyes. One, still giggling, went up to Lis. “Aw, Lis, you shoulda been there. It was so hysteric, everybody was laughin'..” he said, wiping his eyes and grinning. Lis, who was oblivious to what he meant, just prettily smiled and pretended a laugh, as well.

He left along with a few friends, now blushing and still giggling. Lis bit her lip and entered in, still seeing a few students in the room. On her way down the row, she was stopped by another male, who also seemed cheerful from previous events. “Dude - Lis - I wish you were there to witness what just happened. I'm still cracked up about it,” he said, smiling widely. Again, with the usual pretty smile, she nodded. “So I've heard,” she said to the male. His face flushed, maybe from the laughing, and Lis slipped past him to seat herself in the back.

History had started itself, and Mrs. Taylor had already started talking about the revolutionary war, while Laura had already started to fall asleep. But she kept herself awake for class, not wanting detention.

Z

Zenhu

Even accepted his offer, and let him help to get the answer. They both worked together to find the conclusion, and eventually came to the correct coding. The class had just ended upon finishing, Ezren smiled at the boy then waved, off to the bathroom. When he entered, he was greeted with a boy who had been washing his hands, only to look back at Ezren as he entered with a look that seemed as if it could turn you to ice. After he was done, Ezren went over to wash his hands.

The other male had snickered, then spat into the sink Ezren was using. Looking at the spit slide down his hand, Ezren put his hand closer to the water, sure to get the germs off. Then dried his hands off. "What?! I was just joking, nerd." he laughed, then walked past him, brushing his shoulder against Ezren's. Didn't even say his name... he thought, then walked out - ignoring the recent occurrence - and seated himself near the middle of class, to proceed the lesson on the 'revolutionary war'.

Even had already made it to class and was taking notes on the "revolutionary war" lesson. Even took a moment to glance at Laura as well as the guy who helped him in his last class. Even had to give that guy a thank you at some point, saved his butt.

I gotta learn how to make programs and stuff on my own. Maybe I can consider going to some tutor program or something...

Laura took notes wearily. What she wouldn't do for a Starbucks coffee, or any coffee for that matter. She looked over at Even, who was taking notes, but then she saw him staring at someone. She followed his eyes to meet the head and face of a kid who she saw in Technology, helping Even out. She returned back to her notes, before her eyes got droopy, and she fell into a quiet sleep.
(I actually fall asleep in my Religion class some times XD)

Zeke barely managed to finish the work in time. He could tell not even half the class even finished. When the bell rang, he turned his paper in and headed to his next class, Technology. It was probably his favorite, especially whenever they had free days. Mr. Larson was also a pretty chill teacher. "Hey, what's up Mr. Larson." Zeke greeted the teacher. "The usual. How about you Mr. Quake?" Mr. Larson asked with a grin on his face. Zeke raised an eyebrow and this gave a glare at Mr. Larson. Zeke didn't like when he was called by his last name. For some odd reason, he felt that it was really weird to have that as a last name. Other kids thought it was cool, but they didn't see what he had to put up with in elementary school. Zeke 'Earth' Quake was basically his new name for all of elementary school and he hated that. Whenever someone said his last name, he hoped no one would figure out the connection. He knew Mr. Larson was joking around with him so he didn't mind it. "Nothing much. So what is the plan for the today?" Zeke hoped that it would be a free day so he could play some games on his laptop. "Well I'm planning to go over hacking, but maybe after that I'll give you guys free time." Mr. Larson told Zeke before some girls wanted to talk to him.

Zeke found a seat near the back and pulled out his laptop. As it was turning on, a group of kids walked in, talking and laughing about something. One of them saw Zeke and walked up to him, as well as the rest of the group. "Yo Zeke, last class was crazy. Your presentation was so messed up." The kid said. Some other kids also told Zeke about how they felt. Zeke just tried to play it cool and listen to what they had to say. It was mainly compliments and how much they laughed. It was mainly Klay and Thomas who messed up, but if they thought he had something to do with it, he was cool with that.

Eventually the class settled down and Mr. Larson explained hacking before he hacked into some kids computer with ease. "Hey, help! Someone's hacking my computer!" The kid exclaimed before he realized it was Mr. Larson hacking him. "Oh." The kid said as the class laughed. After Mr. Larson finished his lesson hacking, he gave them free time as promised. Zeke went to one of the class' favorite sites, 'Pokemon Showdown.' And like usual, he already had a bunch of challenges from other kids around the room. Zeke was undefeated and everyone kept trying to beat him. He could hear some kids saying how they thought they had a team that could beat him. Zeke was no fool and he also used different teams so he wouldn't have to deal with a counter team. After defeating his first challenger of the day with four Pokemon left, it made the other kids even more desperate to beat him.

(@RobbyK )

Laura was awoken by a sharp sound. The bell, ringing loud enough to hear. This signaled the end of school, and time for Laura to begin football practice. She was super pumped, only to remember that it was taken from her, along with some of her lunch money. Laura sluggishly walked out of class, and grabbed her backpack from her locker, slamming it shut, as she slowly walked to the field. Then she felt something slam into her chest, as she was knocked to the ground. It was her football gear, and Henry was the one who shoved it to her. "Take better care of your stuff, loser." he said, in his football gear already. He trotted to the field, as Laura looked at him in disbelief. She quickly got her stuff on, but suddenly remembered Lis wanted to tell her something after school, so she waited a bit impatiently, hoping she wouldn't get into trouble by coach.

Dylan gathered his things once the bell rang and headed to Technology. He was adjusting well to this new school, though it seemed pretty ghetto, what with a gang of bullies roaming about. He walked inside and greeted Mr. Larson and saw in the corner of his eye one of his classmates who was busy defeating another in Pokemon Showdown. "Seems like you're quite the master at this game, huh?"

Lis slid out of the room and head outside, where she spotted Laura and approached her. She took a breath before speaking. “Hey.. now, I saw you looked bummed earlier and I think I know why. When Even and I got quiet, it's because we were having a sort of important conversation, and well, you came just at the really important part,” she nervously said, looking away and rubbing the back of her neck. “I just.. don't want you to feel like you did anything wrong, 'cos you didn't.” Lis finished with an uneasy smile.

"But now that I know why you were quiet, I did do something wrong. I completely stepped on you two." Laura said, her smile turning into a frown, as she tried to reason with her friend. "Get on the field, Laura!" coach shouted, as Laura looked behind her shoulders. "I have to go, but, here is my number. Text me later." Laura handed her a number on a piece of paper, and slipped her helmet on, while dashing into the field.

Lis nodded shortly, accepting the number. She felt a bit guilty, and kicked herself mentally, but brushed it off. While she couldn't go to swim club, she sat herself on a nearby bench, where she sat criss-crossed. Slinging her backpack off, she pulled out and notepad and pencil out, beginning to sketch, as it was a hobby for the girl.

Zeke looked over to see a new kid was talking to him. Everyone else looked at Dylan as well, with a look on their face saying 'Did you just ask him that?' Zeke grinned as he heard the question. "Yeah, I would say I'm pretty good. If you want to challenge me, you're going to have to get in line." Zeke said as he looked at the other anxious kids waiting to get demolished. Zeke then looked at the time and saw that the class was almost over. "Yeah, how about you face me tomorrow. That should give you some time to figure out how you're going to win." Zeke recommended to Dylan. Some kids groaned when they heard that Zeke had just reserved Dylan's spot as the first challenger tomorrow. Some kids chuckled when they heard Zeke was giving the new kid a chance.

Once the bell rang, kids streamed into the hallways trying to find their friends, get to their after school activities, or try to get to get a ride home. Zeke usually roamed around the campus or somewhere in town with some of the other kids after their after school activities. Most of them were at football practice so Zeke took this time to talk with the new student before he left. "Hey, you never gave me your name." Zeke walked up to Dylan. Hopefully he would be more willing to have a conversation than the other kid from earlier.

Even had taken a flyer from this nature group Laura told him about earlier. Even planned to head home when he happened to see Lis sitting on a bench. With nothing better to do, Even sat down next to her. Even sat in silence for a moment before he decided to speak up.

"So, I took Laura's advice and took a flyer for that nature group thing. Don't know if I'm gonna join or not, but I'd figured I'd check it out." Even said to Lis, opening up some small talk by describing his new possible after school activity.

Lis looked up from the paper and set it in her lap, turning her attention towards Even. “Oh, really? That's cool, you should totally go!” she said, smiling. “I think it'd be cool. I'm not really a part of neat things like that, but it's sounds like it'd be pretty fun.” Lis began sketching again, until her drawing was snatched out of her hands by somebody. Immediately looking up, a familiar male was studying her drawing, that male being one of Henry's pals. His face was scrunched up, with an eyebrow raised.

Lis, annoyed, crossed her arms. “Can I help you?” she asked coldly. The boy snorted and pushed the drawing into his pocket. “You're some sort of art freak, Lis,” he rolled his eyes, running over for football. Lis sighed, tucking the now blank notepad in her backpack.

Last edited:
Even frowned, getting up to tap the guy on the shoulder.

"Don't screw with her." Even said matter of factly, giving the guy a death glare. Even had had a pretty good day, so naturally this guy came here to muk it all up.

"Zeke Quake." Zeke responded as he shook Dylan's hand. Afterwords, a couple of kids walked up to them talking about some stuff. "Zeke what's up? Who's he?" One of them said asked as they did their handshakes. Zeke placed his hand on Dylan's right shoulder. "He's a new kid. His name is Dylan." Zeke told them. They turned too Dylan and actually greeted him in a friendly matter. "Nice to meet you, Dylan." One of them said as they all greeted him kindly.

Zeke decided that they should head near the football field to talk while they waited for the others. He noticed some kids had taken the bench nearby so they were just going to have to stand. "So, Dylan, how was your first day?" Zeke asked, trying to get a conversation going.

The boy turned around at Even's tap. With an annoyed look, the male crossed his arms. “What's it to ya? This is business between her and me, not you,” he taunted. “It's not even that good, so it doesn't matter,” the male lied, pulling the paper from his pocket and dropping it to the ground. With an angry look, he proceeded to go to the football field.

Even shot him a glare as he left, picking the paper up and walking back to Lis. Even handed it to her.

"You didn't deserve that." Even said simply. Even shot a look back at that football field, a visible anger building up as he began to think of all the ways he could teach that jerk a lesson.

“It's... it's fine, thanks,” she replied to Even, gently taking the paper. “You don't have to beat him up, or anything, I can do that myself,” Lis joked a bit weakly. Putting the paper in her backpack, she stood up, brushing her shirt off with her hands.

Even let out a sigh, as he faced the ground in front of Lis.

"It's just frustrating. I feel so...so useless. Some jerk came over to screw with a friend and I couldn't do anything." Even said, showing own guilt on her perceived useless over this situation.

“Hey.. you're not useless. At all. You've already helped me a ton, and doing that - just now - helped too. I wouldn't have gone over there, so thank you,” she said softly. She put her hands in her pockets, gently smiling up at him, as if to say she was thankful.

Dylan laughed and greeted the others back. "Nice to meet you all as well." He looked at Zeke. "Pretty good. The classes seem a bit easy, but at least there are a few challenging bits. I think I'll find myself comfortable here."

Robby woken up suddenly from the sound of the last school bell, "What the.." he said confusingly. He quickly sat up in his car, "Did I sleep through the rest of the school day?" He asked himself as he groaned and laid his back on the steering wheel with a sigh. "I have so many unexcused absences.. I hope this doesn't affect anything.."

He opened his car door and stepped out, stretching out his arms and legs, seeing most of the parking lot to be empty.

Even gave a smile to Lis.

"Thanks for that. You are too kind." Even said. Really, part of him felt he really didn't deserve people like Laura or Lis in his life. They were far too good for him.

Darn it stop thinking that. You'll never grow if you keep beating yourself up.

"You think it's easy? Well that's because it's your first day here." One of the members in the group said. "Yeah, I have like twenty math questions to do for homework and it's due tomorrow." Another complained. "I had too write two essays in science class today, but it wasn't too hard, it was just boring." Zeke added as he remembered what happened in science class. "So, what was your other school like?" Zeke sometimes wondered what other schools were like. Were there bullies in every school? Was there a school where everyone was friends? Too bad Zeke would probably never find out.

Dylan chuckled. "I guess you could call me the school nerd. My other school wasn't challenging at all, so I came here to see if it was any harder. I guess it is a little difficult."

Lis smiled back. “Thanks,” she said happily. Now, with nothing to do, Lis was unsure on anything she could do at school. She didn't want to go home, but didn't have anything important in her current spot. Rubbing the back of her neck, she looked around, spotting an overwhelmingly popular kid with a new kid, football players, and just random students. Awkwardly she continued scanning for something to do.

(Oh, I missed quite a bit! Sorry, I was outside, grocery shopping, AND baking cookies! @Gamefreak1996 )

Laura ended practice with a touchdown at ten yards. She looked at the time. 5:32. According to her calculations, she had about fifty-eight minutes until she had her Karate lessons with Rico. She took off her team uniform, as the mascot came out from the building. They were the Killer Sharks. So when a giant shark headed figure came running up to her, she screamed a little bit. Then the shark took off the head to reveal a face that Laura was surprised to see. "Tommy?" she asked, as Tommy smiled and elbowed her in the side. "Yup! New mascot. See ya tomorrow!" he said, as he slipped on the head again, and left to talk to others. Laura walked over to her friends, but first, made sure they weren't talking importantly. She was about halfway to the bench's, before deciding against it, and just walking home.

"So, what do you plan to do now?" Even asked Lis, as he saw Laura begin to walk home after practice. Even gave a wave. Whether or not Laura saw it was another matter. Even then turned to Lis to wait for an answer.

Laura saw Even wave, and just lifted her hand, saying goodbye. She walked home, and when she opened the door, she realized there was a package at her feet. She picked it up and set it on the counter, as she warmed up a cold pasta. She ate it, and opened up the box, realizing it was the Karate Uniform she had asked her mother for.

"Seriously, that's why you came here? You must be extremely bold to decide to move schools because your other one was too easy for you. I respect you for that." Zeke patted Dylan on the shoulder. More kids started to walk up to Zeke and the others once football practice was over. Everyone stopped for a moment when they heard a scream from the field before some started to laugh. "I can't believe Tommy actually just did that too Laura!" One of the kids said through his laughter. "I wonder if he actually thought Laura would fall for him if he did that." Another said. Almost everyone and their mother knew how Tommy felt about Laura. It was kind of too obvious. Some kids yelled 'good job' and other stuff to Tommy as he ran back. Some of the other kids were arguing about Henry and who was better at their position. Zeke just shook his head as he listened to their argument. He hadn't saw much from Henry from the field that day so he couldn't really say anything.

Apparently while Zeke wasn't paying attention, someone in the group had tried to tie his shoes together as a good prank. He realized this when he saw some other kids snickering and trying to look away. When he looked down and saw the kid untying his shoes, he immediately jumped back. Some of the kids started laughing and Zeke just shook his head. When the kid tried to get up, Zeke pushed him back down. "You're lucky I didn't kick you in the face when I had the chance." Zeke said before he pulled the boy back up too his feet. Zeke went to tie his shoes.

Zeke had noticed some kids went to ask Dylan for help on their homework as well as talk to him. After he was done tying his shoes, he walked up to them. "I hope they're not overloading you with questions. Um, you could go home if you want." Zeke told Dylan. "But I need help on one more question!" One kid asked. "Wait, help me!" Another kid asked before a few more joined the fray.

“Probably nothing. I should probably get home,” she sighed, tightening her grip on her backpack. “I'll see you tomorrow, 'kay?” Lis smiled before walking away, towards the sidewalk. She caught a glance of the commotion from the group of people near the front of the school. A couple met her gaze, and one mumbled to about three from the group. After their quiet talking, they started jogging towards Lis with pleading faces. Lis, taken aback, stood still and waited for them to come over.

Heeeey, Lis, can you help us with a few problems?” One asked, tilting his head. Lis smiled after hesitating. “Sure. What problems?” she asked, putting her hands on her hips. So the kid pulled a book and pointed it a problem, which Lis began helping with.

Laura finished her pasta, before slipping on the uniform that was in the box. It fit like a glove, and even came with different belts. It seemed to be a costume, but it felt enough like the real thing for it to be. Laura looked at the time again. 6:20. She had ten minutes to get to Rico's house for practice, so she grabbed an empty gym bag that her father would use to go to the gym, and put her belts, a bottle of water, and a towel inside, in case she sweat. She was about to head out, before grabbing her phone, in case Lis decided to text her and finish the conversation. Laura didn't have Lis' number, so she couldn't do it. She slipped her phone in her pocket, quickly slipped her shoes on, and dashed out the door. She remembered the address, and headed to his house straight away. When she arrived, she knocked on the door, and waited for it to be answered.
(@Gamefreak1996 you are kind of important right now.)

(sorry.)

A little girl with brown hair and the same deep tan skin as Rico opened the door and looked up at Laura curiously. "Um, can I help you, miss?" she asked with a slight accent in her voice as she shyly hid halfway behind the door.

"Oh, Rico invited me for lessons." Laura said, trying to see if he was inside, before saying, "He gave me his address. I left it in my sweatshirt at home, though." Laura then grabbed the straps of her book bag, as she waited for an answer from the girl.

"Oh. Hang on a sec, then." The girl replied. She then dashed over to a stairwell not too far away from the door and called down it. "RICOOOO! Your girlfriend's here for her lessons!" a mischievous smirk came over her face as a dull thud was heard from the bottom of the stairwell.

"Oh, okay, send her i-...wait, what?" Rico's voice replied.

"You're girlfriend's here!" the girl replied with a giggle. "You know, long blonde hair, brown eyes." She then ran off the second she heard Rico storming up the stairs.

"Dang it, Maya!" Rico shouted as he poked his head out the doorway at his laughing sister, his face red. "Stop making a scene! We only just met today at school!" He then turned to Laura. "S-sorry about that..." he stammered. "My little sister's a little devious. Come on in, Laura. Glad you made it."

He led her down the stairs he had come up to reveal a basement gym with mats covering the floor, and punching bags and various equipment about the room. He picked up a punching bag laying on the floor and propped it up against the wall. "Alright..." Rico said, clapping his hands together. "So, you want a moment to get ready or do you want to just jump right in?" he asked.

Laura waited patiently for Rico to come, and when she heard the girlfriend statement, she blushed, at such a claim. Although she was a girl, and they were friends, but besides the point. "It's okay. Glad I made it as well." Laura replied, her blush having gone down when he apologized. When she was led to the basement, she marveled at everything there, but got out of her daze quick and pt a fist to her palm, saying, "let's get right to it!" before taking off her backpack, unzipping it, and taking out the belts. "For when I get to a new one." she implied, explaining why she had brought them.

"Alright, then." Rico said, "So first, it's a good idea to do a nice little warm-up. So, let's go over some good stretches and exercises to devolop balance and flexibility. Let's start with the joints." He demonstrated the various joint rotations, starting with the head and neck, down to the shoulders, hips, knees, and ankles. "Next, this is gonna be a bit of a challenge. cross one leg over the other, and squat down as if you were sitting. Hold it for about five seconds before switching legs." Demonstrating this, he looked as if he were sitting on an invisible stool.