• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Laura rolled her joints, mimicking Rico, but when it cam to the crossing and sitting part, she shook a lot. She was able to do it, but she shook a lot. When she had finished, she looked at Rico expectantly. "Now what?" she questioned, an excited look on her face.

"Well, next, I'll show you some basic punches and kicks." Rico replied, smirking a bit at Laura's enthusiasm. "So one thing to keep in mind is the fact that the legs not only have better reach, but also a lot more power and weight behind them. Watch." He walked up to a punching bag hanging in the corner and delivered a strong punch. The bag swayed somewhat before Rico grabbed it and steadied it. He then whirled around and swung out his leg, and a loud thud signified that he hit his mark. The bag jerked much more violently upward than when he punched it. "That being said, the first kick I want to teach you is a snap kick, or front kick. It's pretty simple: Simply raise your knee and snap out your leg with your foot pointed outward, like so." He shot his leg up in one smooth motion, holding it up and repeating it more slowly to make sure Laura understood. "Let's see ten of those for each leg."

Laura nodded, before raising a leg. As she kicked, her ponytail swayed from side to side. her form was okay, and her toes hurt a tad bit, but this was her first time so she expected that. After doing twenty kicks, ten on each leg, she stopped and looked at him, her toes a bit red as she jumped from foot to foot. "What next?" she asked, throwing a couple punches excitedly.

Rico chuckled, then got into a stance in front of the bag. "Next we'll work on a roundhouse kick. Again, you point your knee for this one, but this time you twist your hip as you snap out your leg so you hit the target with the top of the foot or shin. Watch." He demonstrated the kick on the bag, his leg slicing horizontally through the air like a sword as his foot hitting the heavy padded equipment with a loud thud. "Again, ten for each leg, and try to get them about as high as your ribs, or even the head if you think you can."

Laura nodded impatiently, and tried to do them quickly. This time she had pretty good form, and her legs were up high. A bit too high on her last on for her right leg. Laura heard a crack, as she held her thy in pain. This happened once when she was playing kickball back in elementary school. She had kicked to high, trying to make the ball go up in the air, before it snapped. It was okay, just hurt, nothing major. She slowly placed her leg on the ground, and did the kicks with the other leg, a lot lower than her last kicks.

Rico winced himself at the crack. "You alright?" he asked as he walked up to her. "Wanna take a break?" He glanced down at her leg to see if there was any swelling or bruising.

"No, I'm fine. It happened in elementary actually, and it felt a lot better in five minutes, truly." Laura said with a smile, as she looked at him. "I'll be fine. So to what now?" she said, a determined smile on her face, as she tried massaging her thy. That's what the gym teacher had said to do when in the kickball game.

Z

Zenhu

The bell went off, Ezren's eyes had widened as the ominous noise echoed through the school. Ezren got up - grabbed his bag - then trotted through the front office, waving to the kids as he left. A cabbie with black hair - different from last time - had pulled up in front of the school looming above him. As he got in the front seat, the man turned on the hazy radio then switched it to piano. Ezren flashed back to when his brother had played the instrument, and got teary from the thought. His father and mother always urged him to perform on the musical mechanism, but he had always rejected their request. Bothered by the music, he asked if he could shut it off, politely.

-----

The door creaked open, and he entered the grand house. "I have arrived." he sighed - as he took of his shoes - a noise from upstairs was heard, and his mother walked down to greet him. "How was your first day dear?" she pondered, "It was fine," he replied. She was about to ask more questions, when he started to walk up to his room. The door closed, and he plopped onto his bed - gazing upon his roof.

-----

Unaware he had fallen asleep, he had awoke near the end of day. He got up, then walked over to his PC and played his games, until he had heard a smash coming from downstairs - thumps we're brought to Ezren's room - and his father peered into it the door. "Are you happy with the school?" he asked, then looked at his shoes. "Indeed." he replied, then looked back to his game. "Well please do not be an issue there. I expect nothing but the best marks from you." he spoke, then shut the door. "Also stay of that device! Games are a waste of time!" he shouted. He sighed, then murmured "Yes father," and proceeded to play his game, ignoring his Dads demand.

While Dylan was working with some kids, Zeke noticed that some of the other kids that needed help had ran over to someone else. He looked over to see where they ran off to and noticed that they went to another girl for some help. Zeke looked closer to recognize that the girl was the one from science class. 'I guess she's smart too.' Zeke figured that had to be the reason why they went to Lis. "Looks like you got some competition Dylan." Zeke looked over to see that Dylan still had his hands full at the moment. After pondering about what to do next, Zeke pulled out his phone too check the time. "Yo, I'm heading off now if you guys want too come." Zeke told the others. "Yeah sure." One of the kids said as they walked up to Zeke. Some other kids followed suit while others decided too stay for a bit. "Hey Dylan, you want too come with us?" Zeke wondered if the new kid would be willing to hang out with a group outside of school after only his first day.

"Well, I suppose we can give your legs some rest and focus a little on blocks and punches, as well as where to target." Rico said. "So to start with, a few good places to punch are at the solar plexus, which is at the bottom of the rib cage, the bridge of the nose, and the temples of the head." He pointed to each part as he indicated them. "Also, it's best to try not to wind up or draw back your punches, as it takes longer to execute the move, and acts as a warning sign to your target. You want to be as subtle and quick as possible when throwing an attack." He then suddenly threw a restrained punch that stopped three inches from Laura's face from a standstill position. "Like that. Now, I'll act as a targeting guide. Aim for the weak spots I mentioned, but don't actually hit me. Just come close to doing so." He then straightened up and waited for Laura to start.

Laura jumped back, afraid she was going to get hit, but didn't, and sighed, as she got into position. She threw a couple punches, forcing herself to stop in front of him a couple times, Simon at the rib cage, temples of his head, and the bridge of his nose, like he had said. While at the last punch, she accidentally hit him in the rib cage, and she gasped, covering her mouth with her hands worriedly. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" she asked, as she put a hand on his shoulder.

Rico grunted and rubbed the injury, but smiled regardless. "Yeah, I'm alright. you're a pretty quick learner." he replied. "Now for blocks. If you can't get out of the way of an incoming attack fast enough, you use one of these. The most basic ones are the low, high, and out-to-in blocks." He demonstrated each one; the low block, a downward swing with the arm to protect the lower body, the high block, in which he used his forearm to guard his head, holding it at a slanted angle, and the out-to-in, in which he brought his fist and forearm across his torso to protect it. "Now then, let's try a drill so you can practice them." He suggested as he made his way toward a chest and pulled out what appeared to be a short styrofoam sword of some kind. "Now I'm gonna attack you with this, and I want you to block. This will also help with reflexes. Ready?" He started by swinging lightly at her head.

Laura quickly used her forearm and put it at a slanted angle to avoid her head from getting hit. When the foam sword hit, it made a small thunk sound, and bounced off of her arm, not hurting on bit.

Rico smiled at the successful block. "Alright, good." he said. He then continued the drill multiple times for each block, randomizing his swings to keep things fresh, and even throwing in fake-outs and calling out the incorrect move to try and psyche her out.

Laura did pretty well with blocks, and got syched oh a couple times, until she got used to him saying wrong ones. The lower block was harder for her though. She couldn't get to it as fast, and it always either looked like she needed to use the bathroom, or she was waving at it, like the sword would go away by command, or the force.

Rico smiled as he noticed the low block's similarity to the force, and at one point let go of the sword mid-swing. It missed Laura's leg completely and slid across the floor. "Why, Laura, I didn't know you were a Jedi!" he joked, laughing a bit.

Laura crossed her arms over her chest, a smirk on your face, as she looked at him, saying, "I didn't know that karate kids could be such bad actors." as if to mimic him, jokingly. Then she thought by about something. She thought that by seven thirty she'd get her first belt, the white belt. She thought. She looked at the time. 7:00. They'd been practicing for thirty minutes.

Rico laughed. "Yeah, still working on that. But just you wait, I'll be in Hollywood one day!" He then let out a sigh as he got up. "Joking aside, though, your low block can stand a little work. The problem is you're throwing in too MUCH momentum, and it's upsetting your balance. Try to lighten it up just a little. Your hand should come to a stop above the knee opposite to the side you started. " He then checked the clock. "Only half an hour left already, huh? We've still got a lotta ground to cover. So, next, I'll show you some stances. Now this might seem pointless, but trust me, it all builds up to what we'll be going over before we close today's session." He then walked over so he was side by side with Laura. "Now the front stance is one of your most basic stances, but it's used a lot of Taekwondo's numerous forms and one-steps. The first one I'll show you is a front stance." He then stepped forward into something similar to a lunge, but kept his back leg straight, and his heel anchored to the floor. "A good tip to make sure your stance is deep enough is to check that you can't see your toes past your knee when you look down. Also, make the width just over shoulder length so you're not easily toppled from the side."

(I'll be one today)

Laura did just that, with a bit of shake in her movement. Then she tried practicing her low block, almost close to getting to the limit of where she was okay. Then she looked at him expectantly, as if to ask, What next?

"Okay, looks good. Now that you know the pieces to your first form, let's begin with it." Rico suggested as he stood back up. "Now to start, stand up nice and straight with your fists slightly apart, and your feet pointing forward. Then, you step to the left with a left low block." He demonstrated as he spoke, "Next, step forward and punch with your right hand."

Laura did so, after studying what he had done. She had pretty good form, but was a bit slow. "How was that?" Laura asked, looking up at him, a smile on her face as her eyebrows furrowed.

"So far, so good." Rico replied with a smile. "Alright, next, we face the right and do a right low block, followed by stepping forward and a left punch. Then, we step out toward the front into a front stance with a left low block, then a right punch." Again, he showed the steps as he did them, the 'front' he was referring to being the direction they were facing at the start of the form.

(Oh hey, @Gamefreak1996, that's Taeguk 1, isn't it?)

Dylan looked up at Zeke and saw the girl he had meant. Sure enough, some students were asking her for assistance on homework. He chuckled. "I guess so. Maybe I should talk to her one day, get to know her better." He nodded to Zeke's offer. "Sure, why not?" He stood up after explaining the Pythagorean Theorem to a student, who thanked him earnestly and hurried away. "Surely you won't mind if I help the other students when we get there as well, will you?"

Last edited:
Lis finished with the last student, relief flooding as they thanked her and returned to their original spots. Carrying on, she walked home, seeing she was home alone, and made herself pizza rolls before turning the tv on. When she was exhausted of watching the cheesy soap opera playing, she stood up and put herself in bed, where she quickly fell asleep.

"I don't really mind. Usually we just walk together as a group while we walk home. So dependenting where you live, you might either be the first or last one to get home." Zeke told Dylan as they started too walk. "Well, usually I try to take my time getting home since my sister and her boyfriend are usually the only ones home. It's kind of awkward, especially when they start doing stuff. Y'know, it gets kind of boring when you have too spend the rest of the day in your room. That's all I'm going to say about that." Zeke put his hands in his pockets as he tried to think of something to change the topic. "Well your sister is kind of hot." Jonah said, as he had been listening to the conversation the entire time with a few others. " Dude, shut up! She's like five years older than you!" Zeke yelled at Jonah. "But still, you got to admit..." Jonah was interrupted by Zeke before he could even finish his statement. "No no no! Stop right there!" Zeke exclaimed, as he looked to Dylan and tried to change the topic immediately. "Um, so what are your hobbies. Video games, sports, I don't know... reading?" Zeke asked Dylan as he heard Jonah and the others laughing about something.

Dylan laughed. "I mean, sure, I am smart, but I also like to take some time off to let out some steam, y'know? Usually I like to sketch just random stuff or maybe people. I do play some video games too, like Super Smash Bros., and Pokemon Showdown. You know, the game I'm going to beat you at." He smirked playfully at Zeke.

Laura did exactly what she was supposed to, following his moves before repeating them. Her ponytail flopped into her face, before she moved it and said, "What next?" With a slight chuckle.

(@OmnipotentOnion Actually, yeah, it is. You practice Taekwondo too?)

"Well, we can either keep going with the form, or we can go over the first combo kick." Rico offered. "It's your choice." He glanced up at the clock as he said this, noticing they only had about five minutes. This had been a fun class, and he was happy to be teaching a friend of his something he liked doing.

Zeke chuckled a little bit when Dylan said he was going to beat him in Pokemon Showdown. "We'll see tomorrow. It's not everyday a new kid comes and immediately challenges the best in the school. I give you props for that." Zeke said as he looked up at the sky. It was already starting too get dark and some of the kids in their group had already gone onto their street. "So Dylan, do you live anywhere near here?" Zeke asked, wondering if Dylan actually lived further than him from the school.

Dylan shook his head. "I walk home, just like you guys, though it takes a bit more time." He looked at the sky and noticed it had started to go dark. "Well, my mom might be worried that I'm not home around now, so I'll see ya tomorrow, okay?" He grinned and walked toward his house. Dylan opened the door and walked in, flopping onto the couch. "I'm home!" He called out.

"Alright then, so the next step is to turn to your right back into a standard stance and do an out-to-in block with your left hand, like so." Rico instructed, once more demonstrating. "Then you step forward and deliver a right punch, and turn to your left with another out-to-in, this time with your right hand, step forward, punch with your left hand, and this time, step out with the right leg with right low block before throwing a left punch."

It took about five minutes for Zeke to get home after Dylan went home. When he got to the front door, he didn't bother too pull out the house key because like always, his sister had forgotten to lock the door. Zeke slowly opened the door, trying too be quiet as he walked in. When he walked in, he could hear noises coming from the living room. Zeke closed the door and headed to the living room. As he walked through the kitchen, he saw that there was some leftover pizza. When Zeke walked into the living room, he saw that the tv was on, which was where the noise was coming from. His sister, Natalia, and her boyfriend, Blake, were cuddled up on the soda and hadn't noticed him. Zeke quietly made his way to the stairs but heard a voice call him. "Zeke, what's up?! I didn't even notice you had come home." Blake told Zeke, as he turned his head to him. "Yeah, I'm good. I actually just walked in." Zeke said as he noticed that his sister hadn't said anything yet. Blake seemed to have realized that Zeke was wondering about Natalia and spoke up. "Your sister actually fell asleep halfway through the movie. We did get some pizza and there's some leftovers in the kitchen if you want any." Blake told Zeke as he rubbed Natalia's head. "Yeah, I saw. Um, when my sister wakes up, can you tell her I'm in my room?" Zeke asked as he started too head up the stairs. "Yeah sure. See you later Zeke." Blake said with a grin before turning back to the tv.

When Zeke got too his room, he dumped his backpack on the floor and laid down on his bed. As he laid down, Zeke remembered he still had some homework to do and sat back up. Zeke decided that he would take a shower first, then do his homework. After that, hopefully he would some free time to do whatever he wanted.

Laura got confused for a minute, it shook it off, doing close to what he said, but instead of a right punch, she accidentally delivered a left punch, not noticing her mistake. When she did notice, her eyes went wide, and she face palmed before saying, "I think I was overwhelmed with directions...can you repeat? Like so I can do what you say in following?"

"Sure." Rico replied, "Sorry I got you all confused. I'll break it up step by step." He repeated the instructions clearly, taking one step at a time to demonstrate as effectively as possible. "Take your time and focus." he advised. "If you rush, your judgement and memory might become faulty."

Laura followed Rico's instructions, doing it completely now. "I seem great! I think...I think I need to go, though. It's seven thirty seven." Laura said, pointing to the clock. She was anticipating what color belt she'd get. She was anticipating this all class. She was also super happy she got to spend some quality time with her new friend.

"Alright, we'll finish up everything you need for your white belt later on, but learning it's only one part. You need to keep practicing, and know ." Rico pointed out. He then handed Laura a slip of paper. "Here, look up my YouTube channel. I have tutorial videos that can help you out with your training."

Laura was a tad bummed she didn't earn a belt this time, but took the slip of paper, and thanked Rico for the lessons, as she packed away her things, took a drink of water, and waved goodbye, holding onto the slip of paper. She walked home, and decided practicing could wait until tomorrow. Although it had only been a thirty minute walk home, and it was only about eight o'clock, Laura was super tired. She flopped onto her bed, falling asleep instantly, waiting for tomorrow.

Dylan yawned and got up from the couch after finishing a novel or two. He then washed up, brushing his teeth and washing his face, and changed into a sleeveless tee and athletic shorts. Dylan put his glasses on the desk next to his bed and crawled into the covers. Soon, he was fast asleep, snoring quietly.

"Math homework is a killer." Zeke mumbled too himself as he laid down on his bed. After taking about an hour doing math homework, Zeke was mentally drained and was actually tired. Luckily, Zeke had eaten before he did his homework and now he could finally relax. He really wanted too play games but figured that if he went online, he would get completely destroyed. So instead, Zeke decided it would be best for him too get some rest.