• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation: Fractured Skies (Discussion Thread)

i would like to point out how Orm dislikes the sound of thunder
and on Bahamut's Spellcasting tree its mainly themed around Lightning
i can see fun times happening

as well as Kirin probably isn't going to notice jack shit when the oscillation occurs seeing as he isn't changed physically all that much (until y'know, be becomes a massive black scaled spiky dragon) as seen in the example below

PreOscillation VS PostOscillation VS Big Sharp dragon boi
so uh yeah
fun

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
The Oscillation will be occurring soon. Likely by the end of the day, I just want to ensure everyone's ready for it.

edit:

As in by the end of the day irl, not the end of the school day.

The Oscillation will happen either before lunch ends or right at the beginning of the next class.

@Nukas @DarkHydraT @OmnipotentOnion @~Patriot~ @Inky @ @Alirra @Gamingfan @sSoul @Sky5372 @Clite of Dragonbow @Red Gallade @NotAPokemonRanger @BurbleBurble
I think Clite and I are ready, our characters are just chilling currently.

The Oscillation

the_oscillation_event_by_s_m_e_dd9rxzd-fullview.jpg

art by Likesac

The above is a visual of what the Oscillation looks like. The transformation is swift and practically instantaneous.

A few things to note, the Oscillation will not affect electrical devices this time around, but given this is a global event, you can expect things like phone lines to clog up as the entire world has a panic attack.

Oscillation's game-like system can be accessed mentally. Thinking about your status or skills will provide your OC with the knowledge on their Oscillation character sheet. Namely: Stats, Mythickin/Legendkin status, and abilities.

Passives will always be available to you, however, you'll be limited to three (3) or less, active abilities to begin with.

Please state which abilities your OC will have access to right off the bat and stick to them. I would recommend doing this on the basis of what you need, which means I would. suggest waiting until the first enemies show up and then pick the abilities best suited to helping you out of the problem at hand.

@Nukas @DarkHydraT @OmnipotentOnion @~Patriot~ @Inkscape @Alirra @Gamingfan @sSoul @Sky5372 @Clite of Dragonbow @Red Gallade @NotAPokemonRanger @BurbleBurble

ok so
Tempestuous Wings (Active)
Draconic Origin
and
Individual Sword Skills since they're really just actives but grouped together into one
i also think this means that Yami and Sei come prepackaged?

this is where the fun begins
You'll have to find swords in RP. Sword skills I'm not exactly recognizing as 'skills' per see. They aren't supernatural sword abilities with special effects or anything (as far as I could tell), so you're free to use them as normal attacks.
Looking back at my bio, it seems like I have only 1 active skill, but I can just split them up

- The Lieutenant of Fire
- The General of Lightning
- Master of the Winds and Rains
o7

You'll have to find swords in RP. Sword skills I'm not exactly recognizing as 'skills' per see. They aren't supernatural sword abilities with special effects or anything (as far as I could tell), so you're free to use them as normal attacks.

o7
they do deal elemental damage,
Lightning fall has an AOE paralyze effect
Tyrant Piercer does fire damage and makes a short temporary pillar of fire to scorch the enemy,
Deadly Sins does Dark damage,
Savage Fulcrum does Frost Damage,
Quadrant Blitz does Wind damage
that's just a few
plus they're meant to be more powerful versions of attacks

they do deal elemental damage,
Lightning fall has an AOE paralyze effect
Tyrant Piercer does fire damage and makes a short temporary pillar of fire to scorch the enemy,
Deadly Sins does Dark damage,
Savage Fulcrum does Frost Damage,
Quadrant Blitz does Wind damage
that's just a few
plus they're meant to be more powerful versions of attacks
Deadly Sins (Skill)
The skill begins with a diagonal slash from the top-right to the bottom-left, with the user making a full circle spin, drawing their sword backwards in the middle of the spin in preparation for the next attack. This leads to a second diagonal slash from the bottom-right to top-left, followed by a horizontal slash from left to right. The user then executes an upward vertical slash, performing a backwards somersault. This is followed by a horizontal slash from right to left and another full circle spin, which leads to a diagonal slash from the bottom-right to the top-left, stopping at face height. From this position, the user spins their sword in a full circle, hitting the target from the user's right side.
Lightning Fall (Skill)
«Lightning Fall» begins with the user kicking off the ground at full force. The player then performs a mid-air forward somersault, reversing their grip at the same time. As the player lands, they thrust their sword into the ground. At that moment, a surge of electricity is generated by the sword. Anyone hit by the skill directly suffers physical damage, while anyone caught in the range of the electric attack is additionally stunned for up to two turns. It also travels along objects that can conduct electricity.
Quadrant Blitz (Skill)
«Quadrant Blitz» is activated by drawing one's sword to the back and right. The first hit is a horizontal swing from right to left. The sword then bounces back, and after an instant of being held still at the user's left side, another horizontal swing from left to right is executed. The force of this blow sends the user's body spinning clockwise, with the sword ending up at the user's left flank and unleashing a third horizontal strike from left to right. The skill is finished with a forehand strike from the right. The skill's four swings draws a square of light that expands outward.
Quadrant Assault (Skill)
«Quadrant Assault» is activated with a powerful stamp. The first strike of this Sword Skill is a vertical slash from an overhead position with little backward motion, similar to the 1-hit «Vertical». This slash is followed by two upward vertical slashes. Finally, the skill is concluded with a full-power downward slash from an overhead position. Similarly to the «Quadrant Blitz», a square, drawn with the four hits of this skill, continues to spin as it dissipates.
Vicious Nail (Skill)
«Vicious Nail» begins with a diagonal slash from the bottom-right to top left, followed by a horizontal slash from left to right. Finally, the skill is ended with another diagonal slash from top-right to bottom-left. An alternative execution of the skill begins with a nearly vertical slash from the user's left shoulder, hitting the target's right side, after which the sword instantly shoots back into a high position and slashes vertically again, hitting the target's left side, then leaps up again and slashes vertically at the centre of the target.
Cyclone Phalanx (Skill)
«Cyclone Phalanx» is activated by dexterously using one's fingers to spin the sword twice, like twirling. As the skill is activated, the sword begins to spin like a windmill, with the user's fingers acting as the pivot. In just a few seconds, the sword reaches a speed that makes it invisible to the human eye, making it look like the sword had become a half-transparent shield of light. Although the skill allows blocking even major attacks, powerful skills still cause minor damage, as it is impossible to completely block such an attack with the skill. Additionally, the skill is capable of blocking flame and ice breaths, but is ineffective against lightning and poison.
Savage Fulcrum (Skill)
«Savage Fulcrum» begins with a right to left (left to right if using one's left hand) horizontal slash. The user then rotates the sword by ninety degrees and performs a vertical slash from bottom to top. Finally, the user unleashes a full-powered vertical slash from top to bottom.The combined trajectory of the skill is similar to the Arabic number "4". The skill is effective against larger foes.
Tyrant Piercer (Skill)
«Tyrant Piercer» begins with five high-speed continuous thrusts at the target, followed by a cut downward and then a cut upward, before finally performing a final full force swing from an overhead position. This skill takes a while to recover from if not using «Skill Connect».
Aside from Lightning fall, the elemental effects weren't mentioned earlier.

In any case, I'm still taking more or less the same stance. One of your skills was lightning manipulation, so Lightning Fall is perfectly fine in my book, and you intended for your swords to have elements as well, so utilizing those elements should likewise be fine.

If you want to add more elements. you'll need to find some other way to add them. Either through more elemental-manipulation type abilities or get weapons that grant elemental abilities etc.

The sword skills themselves giving you elemental effects isn't something I'm willing to allow this early on, Kirin's already on the higher end of the power spectrum being a Dragon Lord and all.