• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Paragons - Act I Discussion

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
So there's a werewolf, the Thing, a zombie, and a vampire now. What other monster do we need to round out our cast? A frankensteinian creation?

Also all praise the trash god, in his trashy glory. May he bring us good dumpster dives.
You shall be graced the only the best Trash that Trashlantis has to offer!
Brb, making a skeleton villain
CB729698-FBE2-401E-9E3C-05C9CA8D04FB.jpeg

Ngl, I feel like we're doing the same thing as when we started with groups separating into different conflicts instead of focusing on a single villain, which we were supposed to do lmao (comic and I planned the Ignizio encounter to set the foundation for anti-Paragon team arc). At the moment, it looks like Massi and Larua are pulling the most focus, so it would definitely be best to keep it that way. We can maybe converge the two groups (for maximum collateral damage); more and more heroes are entering the Larua scene, so it would be good to maintain focus on that conflict. It's been implied multiple times that Massi found itself fleeing from Shuzo, Crosshair, and Yin Li, so we can have good guys on the chase without a fight (since Massi is tired and probably can't exert itself much more than just running away) with the chase following a route with the Larua fight in the crossfire; there's a ton of chaos and explosion stuff that goes boom everywhere, so that gives Massi an opening to escape -> Shuzo/Crosshair/Li give up, recognize Larua as more of a threat because there have already been casualties -> we're all in this together, high school musical style (but with like... people dying, buildings collapsing, blood, death, some more blood, all that good stuff)

(wow this is a lot to read I apologize)

Last edited:
I'd like to say that we really want to get Ryg and Percy in the RP asap so Dev and Shen and don't feel left out. Of course, jumping from one fight to the next makes it difficult. So currently their best option would be running into Percival who is haunting downtown trying to make trouble, or somehow find a way into the Techno/Loufe/Kerco circle at the moment. Since we seem to want to put the Massi fight, segway that into the Larua conflict, and that in of itself seems rather large as a group.

On the other hand, I don't see how the Larua fight will last super long. Telekinetic powers and copy abilities are one thing, but he's really outnumbered. Then again, Massi shows up, it could logically cause a bigger scuffle to happen, Larua slips away.

I dunno, I just don't want to keep Shen and Dev waiting anymore lol

Yeah it’ll probably get pretty stacked against Laura if nearly everyone just converges on him; a good way to both make sure Larua doesn’t get like curb-stomped in seconds and also advance with the plot is maybe having Larua realize he’s outmatched, retreat after a few more clashes and more heroes trickling into the scene, and just sow as much destruction around him as he can. That way, amidst all the chaos, Massi escapes, most of the main cast is gathered together with the addition of the Massi-Busters to minimize collateral, stragglers or characters outside the main situation notice the destruction and either rush to help out as well or run into Percival/others for an interaction there. It’ll likely be a lot easier to bring everyone together with the team battle between heroes and Warren’s anti-Paragon team; with that conflict, interactions are either more localized in one scene, or more evenly spread out so that everyone has an opportunity to contribute to the plot, should we split fights separately in different locations. That being said, the disparity between heroes and villains makes an all-versus-one interaction a lot more difficult, so the Larua fight could likely be used to at least bring characters together and get the ice broken among all of them.

Plus, Warren returns from his little visit to a literal dumpster fire of heroes “stopping a villain”, further strengthening his resolve to do the Paragons bad thing

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Hey! It's my... not so grand return! I'm back and hopefully here to stay, hope I'm not too late, thread IS still labeled open.

If there are any major issues, let me know.

Alias: The Folder

Age/Gender: Male, 23

Race: Superhuman

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: In public he's the exact definition of "Hip", constantly saying whatever he has to in order to please the fans, or as he likes to call them "Fuckin' idiots", saying things like "Lit", "Bruh", whatever's popular, he's said it. He has got dozens of sponsors, with brands like Red bull sponsoring him, along with his own cereal. In private it is a completely different story. He despises his fans and believes them to be "mouth breathing troglodytes" and "absolute morons." he also does not care about whatever anybody has to say, if somebody wants to cancel him, they can try. He most likely has a pre-recorded apology, and it is not like people would believe whoever's trying to cancel him anyway.

Flaws: He's hot headed and agitated easily, along with being a complete douchebag, to the other members of Paragon, and his managers, who he believes he does not need. He easily gets into fights and has an extremely large ego.

Powers: His powers are to teleport anything, be it an object, person, animal. He can teleport them almost anywhere he would be able to see if everything in the surrounding area was removed, this includes inside of buildings, and even people, along with the ground itself.

Backstory: He grew up in a less than spectacular home, with his father generally not being around, and his mother constantly being passed out drunk, he would constantly throw rocks at things, hoping one day it would do something, until one day, it did. The rock had gone through a home, and exited without causing any damage, that was when he learnt of his power, and began using it for good, or so you thought. His true life was similar, but he had learnt of his powers after dropping a rock onto a kid's head, and then, instead of deciding to use his powers to solve any issues, he used them to mess with animals and people, eventually fuelling his delusions that he was better than everybody, aside from those stronger than him, but he "knew" that he would, at one point be able to overcome them. This has resulted in him becoming jaded, much ruder and almost sadistic.

Okay, so at Bog's/Sans Rat's request, I've decided to update the plot summary. I'll likely update the allegiance list Comic made too.

- Bank broken into by rock man (Cretecon). Diet Homelander (Patriot) beats him up and is shamed by police (Yin Li) for causing too much damage. He sulks off and goes and bullies his friend old young man (Four), and he then goes off into the streets to sulk and beat up muggers.
- Despite the bank just being broken into, a dude (Henry) is trying to break into it again. Another guy (Kerco) is checking around the bank by erasing people's memories once they meet him, so I can sense a conflict brewing. Except no conflict actually happened, Kerco instead just had a nice chat with Nikolai instead.
- Edgelord zombie woman (Necrodytis) is hired to go knock off tech thief paraplegic (Hidori/Techno) who was talking to a werewolf (Loufe and OS). after a short scuffle with the two, she got her mask knocked off, and promptly freaked out and ran off. Turns out she's having nightmares about her identity being revealed, and now has a plan to deal with the two who saw her face. Those two meanwhile seem completely unaware of her fears or outright don't care, and are currently talking to Kerco.
- Lucky man (Drake), electrical man who studied the sword (Shuzo), and Hell's chef (Nikolai) are moving into the docks, the first two to stop a weapon smuggling incident and the other guy to figure out what the hell is going on in the city. Possibly just to know, not so much cause he's in on it or anything. This goes horribly awry when someone who is definitely the imposter (Massi) shows up and starts a fight. After it decides to cut it's losses, Drake and Shuzo also agree to cut their losses, escaping Yin Li's watchful eye.
- The two team up to hunt Massi again and again over the next week. Eventually, Massi gets a hold of Howie Mandel, the actual celebrity who is now in the RP for some reason. I ain't complaining, I just don't know how he showed up. In any case, Shuzo decides to take on Howie Massi after Yin Li decides she can take down a giant man-eating parasite with a pistol. I'm pretty sure she's gonna try and shoot Shuzo before Massi too.
- Lex Luthor with hair (Charles Warren) awakens the ancient girl in a crystal (Lilian) to help him with his plans to become Syndrome from the Incredibles. Turns out Four actually knows Lilian and tries to convince Warren to let her go free, but he declines, prompting a minor meltdown from Four that actually gets him in trouble. After he also gets into a fight with another temperamental Paragon, Max. Lilian also gets a robot best friend named 2B CL-9 who is currently having a minor identity crisis about being an android and having feelings.
- Warren is a forgiving man, so he still lets Four visit Lilian while he goes on a vacation in the Mojave. He digs up- Or rather, invited into, the temple of one MEGA HELLRAISER ULTRAMAN. (Ignizio) Warren convinces him that he should leave his Mojave hidey hole, so good ol MEGA HELLRAISER ULTRAMAN gives him a lift out by making a TOWERING PILLAR OF BLACK FIRE. This attracts the attention of Patriot, who has now shown up to insult him. I'm sure this will end well.
- Oops! Secret brother of Four (Larua) has shown up and started off on the right foot by murdering two people in cold blood. Luckily, nearby is Discount Ben 10 (Alan/Adapter) and Scarlet Man Witch (Samuel/Telekine-Kid). Unfortunately, Larua is 'ery strong and can copy their abilities. Incomes Water without Ice (Ansel/Deluge), who's main contribution so far was...Giving Larua a weapon in the form of a giant icicle he made from the water he was shot with.
- Girl seeking meat (Whose name we do not know) meets Girl seeking scrap (Celice/Scavenger). After a brief educational period, Celice is currently guiding the girl in the opposite direction of her desired meat.

I think that's all the current plot points. There's a few plot points that haven't picked up yet (There's a vampire dude named Percival lookin' to start a fight with a paragon and frame them to look bad, hint hint Bog) and characters who need to be introduced (Ryg who is kind of sort of the exact same as the alien dude from Jojo Part 4 and the king of trash Percy. Yes there is a Percival and a Percy in this, one is a rich bastard, the other literally does control trash.) Also there's Destiny, who was sort of the reason Max got all pissy, who needs a way in as well.

I think I'm going to leave this. (I might not if the problem gets fixed)
I feel like I'm shunned from the RP. I feel like everyone is ignoring me. I feel like I'm just a side character that no one wants to be around. And that hurts me.

I'll give you an example. I asked @The Dark Fairy @Night's Shadow and @Gamingfan how I should bring my character in twice. I did it one more time after reading the plan by @BurbleBurble , who forgot to add Destiny in the first place, making it a lot more harder to understand.

Then he forgot me again in the summary. Which, by the way, Angel is also at the Lura fight. Interesting, huh? She's about to be punched. (Which I don't mind, since this is one of the few things that actually makes me want to stay.)

What I'm asking isn't much, I believe. I just don't want to be ignored. No one does. But if it continues happening, I'll leave and find a place that won't ignore me. After getting Angel out of the fight anyway.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
I think I'm going to leave this. (I might not if the problem gets fixed)
I feel like I'm shunned from the RP. I feel like everyone is ignoring me. I feel like I'm just a side character that no one wants to be around. And that hurts me.

I'll give you an example. I asked @The Dark Fairy @Night's Shadow and @Gamingfan how I should bring my character in twice. I did it one more time after reading the plan by @BurbleBurble , who forgot to add Destiny in the first place, making it a lot more harder to understand.

Then he forgot me again in the summary. Which, by the way, Angel is also at the Lura fight. Interesting, huh? She's about to be punched. (Which I don't mind, since this is one of the few things that actually makes me want to stay.)

What I'm asking isn't much, I believe. I just don't want to be ignored. No one does. But if it continues happening, I'll leave and find a place that won't ignore me. After getting Angel out of the fight anyway.
i can get where you're coming from. you have characters with currently small roles in a large, ever-growing cast. (might be my que to close the rp off from newcomers. for a while at least.)
but i personally don't feel like you're being ignored. at least not intentionally. your characters, compared to most of the others, are rather new, as well. not a lot of time and set-up has been put into them.
if you'd really like to garner more attention and more involvement, it might be a good idea to discuss with others, privately or openly, ways your characters can become more included. another reason why you might feel uninvolved is because, really, you haven't become that involved yet. roleplayers typically don't pay much attention to characters they haven't had to interact with yet. it's true with me and i'm sure most of the others here. becoming more involved, especially with a lead character like Dove, will take more effort. she doesn't seek conflict, nor is she connected. that's one of the reasons why Warren and Patriot are super well-known by most of the roleplayers in this. because i've established a history for them that's connected with the world, as well as given them positions of power. same for Yin Li. but that isn't always necessary. sometimes you just need to find another character you can bounce off of, or even experiment with, kinda like the Celice x Mystery Woman interaction is going.
i think that you might feel more inclined to stay if you alter Dove's powers a little. maybe make her more defensive than just standard passive. maybe give her an additional ability that can help prevent her allies from taking damage in battle (this would seriously boost her usefulness in conflict, as well as boost character's opinions of her if she manages to spare them from a nasty hit). this would be an easy way to get Dove more involved.
bottom line is, you can't always rely on everyone else to immediately make your character automatically more involved and important to them and their characters. it's a halfway mark. i think you need to try a little harder to fight for Dove's relevancy and usefulness. this is a superhero rp, so there's going to be a plethora of fights just waiting to happen.
the choice is yours, but i think you should take my advice.

i can get where you're coming from. you have characters with currently small roles in a large, ever-growing cast. (might be my que to close the rp off from newcomers. for a while at least.)
but i personally don't feel like you're being ignored. at least not intentionally. your characters, compared to most of the others, are rather new, as well. not a lot of time and set-up has been put into them.
if you'd really like to garner more attention and more involvement, it might be a good idea to discuss with others, privately or openly, ways your characters can become more included. another reason why you might feel uninvolved is because, really, you haven't become that involved yet. roleplayers typically don't pay much attention to characters they haven't had to interact with yet. it's true with me and i'm sure most of the others here. becoming more involved, especially with a lead character like Dove, will take more effort. she doesn't seek conflict, nor is she connected. that's one of the reasons why Warren and Patriot are super well-known by most of the roleplayers in this. because i've established a history for them that's connected with the world, as well as given them positions of power. same for Yin Li. but that isn't always necessary. sometimes you just need to find another character you can bounce off of, or even experiment with, kinda like the Celice x Mystery Woman interaction is going.
i think that you might feel more inclined to stay if you alter Dove's powers a little. maybe make her more defensive than just standard passive. maybe give her an additional ability that can help prevent her allies from taking damage in battle (this would seriously boost her usefulness in conflict, as well as boost character's opinions of her if she manages to spare them from a nasty hit). this would be an easy way to get Dove more involved.
bottom line is, you can't always rely on everyone else to immediately make your character automatically more involved and important to them and their characters. it's a halfway mark. i think you need to try a little harder to fight for Dove's relevancy and usefulness. this is a superhero rp, so there's going to be a plethora of fights just waiting to happen.
the choice is yours, but i think you should take my advice.
I'll make Dove getting a new power a priority. However, it isn't in the RP that I'm mad about. I have asked. No one answers. It's like talking to a shadow. Talking on the other side of a window. It isn't effective. I ask, everyone ignores me.

comic

I'll make Dove getting a new power a priority. However, it isn't in the RP that I'm mad about. I have asked. No one answers. It's like talking to a shadow. Talking on the other side of a window. It isn't effective. I ask, everyone ignores me.
i'm not ignoring you.
especially because i have free time right now lol
but anyway, if you're ever feeling ignored in the OOC chat, try PMing. that is a sure way to get people's attention.

comic

I know you aren't, others are. And I don't know who to ask. PMing random people is kinda rude IMO. And annoying...
you gotta be assertive, yo. i know it ain't easy, but sometimes it's necessary. i used to actually be a lot like you in that regard. then i just stopped caring about what people thought of me lol
if you don't wanna PM people, then i invite you to PM me about things you want to discuss you feel is getting overlooked. it wouldn't be rude of you because i'm inviting you to do it. my doors are always metaphorically open. at least until i finish firefighter stuff and stop being available for weeks at a time.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Ummmm... don’t really know how to apologize because I am the definition of crap at this sort of stuff, so I guess I’ll just lay it outright: I’m sorry, Playful. Didn’t mean to ignore you; been caught up with some crap in life, missed some notifications, stressed as hell with social stuff, and I know I’m just making excuses at this point but I’ll try not to do it again. I guess I sort of had the mentality “someone else will do it,” without realizing that I’m not the only one with problems, and without realizing the way it made you feel. Thanks for letting me know, I might have kept doing it if I didn’t know what I was doing wrong. Apologies. :/