• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
So KoL and I are going to see Wrestlemania tomorrow evening at the NEC. Bring it on, totally excited >:D

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Magpie said:
So KoL and I are going to see Wrestlemania tomorrow evening at the NEC. Bring it on, totally excited >:D
I is confused. Wrestlemania happened two weeks ago. :V Do you mean WWE in general (as they are touring in the U.K. right now)?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sir Red said:
Magpie said:
I is confused. Wrestlemania happened two weeks ago. :V Do you mean WWE in general (as they are touring in the U.K. right now)?

Am I saying it wrong? We saw The Smackdown Wrestlemania Revenge Tour to give it it's full title xD

(And it was awesome!)

FINALS WEEK.

Also I had a dream last night that my teacher just suddenly started pecking me with one of those bird witch doctor masks while screaming like a mad man. I woke up and tried to go back to sleep, but he kept pecking when I closed my eyes, so instead I questioned life, and then it hit me. Pets are geniuses. All they do is look cute and adorable and they get food, water, and shelter (well most anyway).

That is all, good night.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Magpie said:
Sir Red said:
Magpie said:

Am I saying it wrong? We saw The Smackdown Wrestlemania Revenge Tour to give it it's full title xD

(And it was awesome!)
Yeah, that was the tour following Wrestlemania. They do some form of show most days of the year (well over 200 shows a year, I believe). Then they do two sets of weekly TV shows and 12 PPV events on Sundays a year. They live a hectic lifestyle. :B

I'm at school right now, and I'm just freaking out. Exams are coming up and I didn't study in favor of finishing Leaf Green. I'm internally screaming even as I write this.

On another note, why can the preists and war monks in Fire Emblem Awakening have kids? Didn't they take a vow of chastiaity or something? I mean, in some cases, they could have adopted, but when referring to Nowi or Panne, they couldn't have. This confuses me.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Indeed they do! I don't know how they do it xD We have tickets to see the Monday night RAW live in Manchester in November now, so that'll be epic :D

Day two of my 'massive room clean' is underway. So much stuff to dust ;_;

On the subject of Wrestlemania:

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being badd 10 being diarrhea donkey balls, how shit did you think Wrestlemania 29 was?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
DeadpanSnarker: What you're forgetting is that this is a video game world, where the practices of the dominant religions vary. These ain't Christian priests. Or Monks. So they are bound by their own religion/spiritual way of life, not any that are real-world based. Hell, some video game religions not only embrace sexuality but are based around it. See also: the priestesses of Dibella from the Elder Scrolls series, for example.

Video game classes generally follow very old RPG tropes, most of which evolved around tabletop games like Dungeons and Dragons. 'Clerics'/'Priests' are generally viewed as healers and holy/light elemental practitioners, usually following some god or gods and drawing their abilities from their divine what-have you. 'Monks' generally are based on cliche Kung-Fu monks and are more about isolation and spirituality and having few worldly possessions and martial arts. None of them necessarily involve chastity, again - see also "different video game religions."

And even in the real world clerical/monastic traditions. Only certain denominations of Christianity practice clerical celibacy. Celibacy, not chastity. Which basically just means that they can't get married. In most cases this would go with chastity as, well, y'know how Christianity is about premarital sex - but not always, as this doesn't stop priests from getting married before they are actually ordained. They can BE married, just not GET married. Confusing? Yup. Religion likes doing that.

Christian Monks are supposed to be chaste, but again, video game monks aren't based on Christian Monks. They're based on badass martial arts monks, and those generally have varying levels of monk and their departure from the world of sensuality is more gradual. Their first vows prohibit 'sexual misconduct' (but not sex in general), and as they progress in levels they eventually DO take a vow of refraining from sexuality and sensuality, along with the rest of the vows relating to avoiding the pleasure of the material world. But yeah, even then, monks can retire from their monastic lifestyle and go back to living a normal life for a while, and then go back to their monasteries and take their vows again (they can do this up to seven times apparently).

tl;dr, it is kind of a dumb question and I hope this clears it up.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Magpie said:
Indeed they do! I don't know how they do it xD We have tickets to see the Monday night RAW live in Manchester in November now, so that'll be epic :D

Day two of my 'massive room clean' is underway. So much stuff to dust ;_;
That's awesome! English crowds are notorious for being some of the best in the world (though currently Chicago is considered to be the best, solely city based). I just hope that RAW is a better product to watch by then. :x
Luckii said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being badd 10 being diarrhea donkey balls, how shit did you think Wrestlemania 29 was?
I didn't think the show was terrible. I mean, it was not good. Like, at all. I didn't even bother watching the Cena-Rock Once in a Lifetime, Once More With Feeling (Or Not, Whatever Works for you, Rocky) Match. I did watch the last 8 minutes or so, and it was painful. Punk versus Undertaker was amazing. Just, incredible. One of my top 15 all-time matches. There were a few other good matches (namely The Shield's match and anything involving the man formerly known as Bryan Danielson), but it was largely a dud of a show. So I'd give it a 0? It wasn't really bad, but it was not good.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I just finished my LAST undergrad class ever! :D

The only thing left do to in these last ten days until graduation are finals and parties! 8)

Sir Red said:
Luckii said:

I didn't think the show was terrible. I mean, it was not good. Like, at all. I didn't even bother watching the Cena-Rock Once in a Lifetime, Once More With Feeling (Or Not, Whatever Works for you, Rocky) Match. I did watch the last 8 minutes or so, and it was painful. Punk versus Undertaker was amazing. Just, incredible. One of my top 15 all-time matches. There were a few other good matches (namely The Shield's match and anything involving the man formerly known as Bryan Danielson), but it was largely a dud of a show. So I'd give it a 0? It wasn't really bad, but it was not good.

I don't see it. I watched the whole match. Punk-Taker was... average. It was slow paced, the urn wasn't used nearly enough to have all that build up, it was predictable and well, a bit dull. Only two things stood out to me: the ending sequence (which was pretty cool), and Living Colour performing Cult of Personality live for Punks entrance (which was fucking awesome).

Not even close to the best match on the card (Lesnar-HHH, in my opinion), never mind the best of all time. It was poor compared to Taker's recent WrestleMania matches. Both the recent Triple H matches were better, the Shaun Michaels matches were on a completely different level (their match at 'Mania 25 is the best wrestling match I've ever seen), the match with Edge was better (completely underrated main event), hell, the Batista match was better!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Luckii said:
I don't see it. I watched the whole match. Punk-Taker was... average. It was slow paced, the urn wasn't used nearly enough to have all that build up, it was predictable and well, a bit dull. Only two things stood out to me: the ending sequence (which was pretty cool), and Living Colour performing Cult of Personality live for Punks entrance (which was fucking awesome).

Not even close to the best match on the card (Lesnar-HHH, in my opinion), never mind the best of all time. It was poor compared to Taker's recent WrestleMania matches. Both the recent Triple H matches were better, the Shaun Michaels matches were on a completely different level (their match at 'Mania 25 is the best wrestling match I've ever seen), the match with Edge was better (completely underrated main event), hell, the Batista match was better!
The match had psychology. Which is something sorely missing from just about every match in the WWE nowadays (especially the shit show that was Lesnar-HHH 2, which was a crappier version of Lesnar-Cena from last year). And one of the best parts about Punk's character when wrestling is his logical counters to other people's stupid moves. Pulling Taker down when he went for Old School was fantastic, as is every time he's countered Cena going for the 5-Knuckle Shuffle. The match was great, and in pretty unanimously considered the match-of-the-night and front runner for Match of the Year right now. Also, I'm glad that they did not play up the urn or anything. I wanted a straight wrestling match, and the storyline was more about Punk pissing Taker off than it was about the urn. Taker wanted revenge, not to get the urn back. The urn was simply a means to end for Punk in the storyline. (Also, of course it was predictable! Every Undertaker match at Wrestlemania in the past 10 or so years has been. He's always going to win, it's the ride that is fun.)

As for comparing it to Taker's recent string of brilliant Wrestlemania matches, I'd put it up there behind Taker-HHH 3 and HBK-Taker 1. Micheals and Taker had a good second match, but it does not compare to their first one, and neither of the first two matches with HHH are as good as the last one. The match itself was kind of shitty, with TONS of down time and the two of them just lying there. It had long stretches of one guy just hitting the other with a chair and yelling. It was not wrestling match at all. Not even really a hardcore match. It was an emotional rollercoaster that sucked the viewers in (myself included) and told one hell of a story. All three men involved did an amazing job with it.

Also, the greatest Wrestlemania match of all time is Shawn Michaels versus Kurt Angle from Wrestlemania 21. They also put on an incredible rematch at the next PPV that is very comparable in quality to the first. Wait, there is a challenger for best match at Mania. Austin vs Hart at Wrestlemania 13. Such a shitty PPV, but such an amazing match. If you have not seen either of those, I would advise watching them.

I'm afraid we'll have to disagree on Punk-Taker, I've watched it 3 times now, and it's done nothing for me. I can't seem to enjoy it as much as Taker's other masterclasses. Thing is, I should have enjoyed it. It had my two favourite WWE performers (and I stress only WWE) in it, and, on any other stage, it would have been good to me. Just, for me at least, it paled in comparison to most of Undertaker's recent 'Mania matches. (Also, I lied, I didn't see the WrestleMania 27 HHH-Undertaker match)

Taker-HHH 3 wasn't booked to be a masterclass in pure wrestling. Undertaker, whilst a fine athlete to still be competing at his age, is getting on a little bit, and couldn't do things that he could two or three years before, and Triple H isn't exactly a spring chicken, and isn't as gifted an in-ring talent as Michaels, so it would be completely different to Michaels-Taker I and II. It was supposed to be a storytelling, and we figured that out as soon as Shaun was booked as referee. I couldn't agree with you more, it had me entranced for the entire 30 minutes it was showcased for.

The entire "Greatest Match" thing is entirely subjective, it's a different match for different people. My personal favourite is Michaels-Taker I as, not only is it a wonderful example of pure wrestling, it was the collision of the two greatest WrestleMania performers of all time. Nobody makes a match a story full of emotion like the Undertaker, and nobody performs better on the big stage than Shaun Michaels (and Taker is an damn amazing wrestler in his own right). Add these things together, and sparks will fly. I will however check out your suggestions.

I'm not sure about predictability. Mark Calaway has said himself that he wants "The Streak" to end, so anything could happen.

StellarWind Elsydeon: I would like to thank you for taking the time to explain. I was half asleep when I wrote that post, so I know I sounded like a complete idiot.

On another note not directly related to anything, I found out today that I'm one of the only people in my grade who have read (and seen) Lord of The Rings. If one more person in my school asks me what it is, I'm going to punch a whale.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Dear cinnamon doughnuts,

I love you more than words can say.
Never change your cinnamony goodness.

You're my everything and you're flawless.
Stay beautiful, delicious.

Love, Charmy.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Can't hack a 5am start at work, totally wasted the whole afternoon by falling asleep. I should have known better than to lay on my bed to answer a text. It was a trap!

Also have the house to myself tonight for the first time in ages and the tranquillity is beautiful. So beautiful. Time to ruin it by blasting out Returns a King from the 300 soundtrack. Tranquility shall become glorious. Oh yes~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie said:
Can't hack a 5am start at work, totally wasted the whole afternoon by falling asleep. I should have known better than to lay on my bed to answer a text. It was a trap!

Sounds like me on a regular basis. XD If I'm even remotely tired and lay down on my bed for whatever reason, I'm asleep within 5 minutes. Could sleep 10 minutes... could sleep 2-3 hours. It's the perfect way to waste an afternoon when I had no intention of doing so. :'|

DeadpanSnarker said:
On another note not directly related to anything, I found out today that I'm one of the only people in my grade who have read (and seen) Lord of The Rings. If one more person in my school asks me what it is, I'm going to punch a whale.

Don't hurt the wailords D:<

On a completely unrelated note, I'm getting ready to end school (whether you call it college, high school, etc), and I don't know if I'm excited or said because of the amount of friends that I'm going to be leaving :(

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
Magpie said:

Sounds like me on a regular basis. XD If I'm even remotely tired and lay down on my bed for whatever reason, I'm asleep within 5 minutes. Could sleep 10 minutes... could sleep 2-3 hours. It's the perfect way to waste an afternoon when I had no intention of doing so. :'|

I'm usually the same but this time I was determined to have a nice Saturday afternoon for once (I normally work until 20:30 so it was a rare opportunity) but alas, sleep well and truly won that battle xD

ohhhh this was a good birthday, i didn't want a lot but i got more than i could have asked for! two vintage JFK badges from his 1960 campaign, three Threadless tees (one of them is by emmy cicierega omg i will die happy), a bag, a really cute journal, some sewing sets, Ellie Goulding and Imagine Dragons CDs, a tenor uke to play around with while i wait for my custom one and there's a 1950's jazz guitar waiting for me in the post! udfghghkhhh yay

also i was at my first gig on thursday and it was so good, it was in this cute little bar and even though i'm only 14 and very short, no one even asked me about my age! i was with luke and a bunch of his pals though and some of them are kinda short. but anyway i have loved Hop Along for ages and getting to see them play live while standing no more than a foot and a half away from them was one of the best times of my life and omg. i went to my first gig and bought my first bit of merch (a Hop Along tee - i don't have a proper picture welp) and had my first high-five in a bar and it was wonderful. i met Francis Quinlan too and she is so talented and amazing and i hugged her and told her she was talented and amazing and she asked my name and we totes bonded wow it was nice! i mean i got back at half 2 in the morning and had school the next day and my ears were ringing and i slept through most of my classes but it was sTILL GOOD.

oh boy i haven't posted in here for a while i have to vent ahughghh

i went to the cinema then pizza hut with my three best friends on sunday and that was super good too, we saw Iron Man 3 and ohhhh i liked it a lot. i'm super stoked for all the other Avengers-based movies, like more so than i was before, and augdfghh

ahhhhh i am having an ok life yes thank u

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Finished taking the AP Physics C test this afternoon. Yes, both Mechanics and Electricity & Magnetism. I feel kinda dead at the moment-

ohcrapihavegovernmenttostudytoosomebodykillmenow

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
2013-05-17171332_zps819a87ec.jpg

This has been sat near my computer for about a year now. I basically dump any loose change in it from buying lunch at work and such. Today I figured I might as well go and cash it in, thinking I'd have maybe £15 or so. Turns out I had £63! Jackpot! Totally just bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity with it. I'm going on Holiday next week, so it'll make for some good time-killing on the plane :D

Gods bless the chocolate fund :D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Magpie said:
This has been sat near my computer for about a year now. I basically dump any loose change in it from buying lunch at work and such. Today I figured I might as well go and cash it in, thinking I'd have maybe £15 or so. Turns out I had £63! Jackpot! Totally just bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity with it. I'm going on Holiday next week, so it'll make for some good time-killing on the plane :D

Gods bless the chocolate fund :D

I do that! I have a jar that anything less than a 20p goes into, and every couple of months I'll see how much I have and usually buy a new game :D

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Why, Izuna? Why do you do this to me?
Stop telling me to delete my saved data due to
data corruption. I'll never complete you at this
rate. I thought what we had was special! [/weep]

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Yoshimitsu said:
Magpie said:

I do that! I have a jar that anything less than a 20p goes into, and every couple of months I'll see how much I have and usually buy a new game :D

New game every couple of months. Sounds like a plan to me! I certainly won't leave it so long again now that I know it must build up pretty nicely! :D

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you, Queen Victoria, for giving me this holiday from work. I will show my appreciation by spending my time today wisely: playing lots of Pokemon and watching lots of Anime. :angel:

Three more days of the idiots in my school is going to kill me, I swear. On here, mostly everyone is intelligent to have a conversation with, but in my school I think to myself, 'Where are all the Charms people?'

On another note not directly related to anything, Homestuck is getting its own videogame. When I first found this out, I may have yelled out 'AW YEAH' in front of my family, because they gave me wierd looks.

DeadpanSnarker said:
Three more days of the idiots in my school is going to kill me, I swear. On here, mostly everyone is intelligent to have a conversation with, but in my school I think to myself, 'Where are all the Charms people?'

Tell me about it. I utterly despise most of the a-holes who are in my year at school. They are just dull, self-centred and mean ignoramuses. For example, a friend of mine liked another friend, and was planning to ask her out, but oh no, the twats in my year harrassed him and ostracised him, and eventually he just gave up because of all the stick he was getting.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
So now that AP tests are over and we just had our last concert, I'm doing absolutely nothing in any of my classes because I don't have to take the finals for them due to having above an 80 in each class~

And thus, we play mafia in physics. And I realize that mafia really isn't good for my mental health, online or offline <<

I found my Black Version that's been missing for about 2 1/2 years! :D

So I traded over every event legendary and EV trained thing and began a Nuzlocke. This is how I show love D:<

Two things I'm really excited for: School ending, and E3.

I just want school to end already, I'm getting tired of the same old school and want a break already. It was probably all the testing I had to take that really burned me out :? . During the summer though I'll get to just goof off and go swimming, I can't wait for that! 8)

I'm also fairly hyped up for E3 this year. I'm not usually one to be excited over conventions, but with the announcement of the X and Y conference it's got me very excited. At this point I'm really just itching for some more X and Y news.

Yep, I'm completely ready for school to end also(although that means I'll be moving, and won't have regular computer access for a little while, so I'm having mixed feelings about it). I've done my final projects, my SOLs, and now all that's left is the finals(which will be barrels of fun, I'm sure :p ).

On a side note, I've borrowed Pokemon Leafgreen, so I'm getting to play that for the first time(that's right, I've never played Firered or Leafgreen before), which is pretty great. Already have 3 badges, and I'm about to get the fourth. The only reason it took so long is I spent a lot of time attempting to get all of the Pokemon you can win at the Celadon City Game Corner, but now I'm ready to take on Erika, and hopefully I'll finish the game before this weekend, when I'll be busy preparing for the move.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Volunteered to do a 9 hour shift at work today instead of just a 4 hour shift. I know I need the money but I'm really starting to think this was a mistake...